The 7 Best Free and Open Source Business Management Software
In a fast-paced environment and an ever-evolving competitive landscape, business organizations have to adopt various strategies to stay afloat. To operate and manage a business efficiently and effectively, entrepreneurs and managers need more valuable assets apart from possessing a sharp insight and extensive knowledge of the market and customers.
Furthermore, with technology becoming more innovative, decision making has also undergone a significant change. One of the critical players that have made a significant contribution in bringing this transformation is business management software. It is indeed an incredible tool that has unified, optimized, and streamlined all aspects of business operations.
Here in this blog, you will learn and discover the best free and open source business management software that simplifies all tasks.
What is Business Management?
Business management is a practice or methodology that allows business organizations of all sizes to systematically organize, analyze, and strategize plans to carry out different operations successfully seamlessly.
The board term also focuses on managing a wide range of administrative tasks that include production, workforce, accounting, inventory, customer relationships, marketing, sales, and more. The higher management of the company shares the primary responsibility of executing the plan and making critical decisions.
Purpose of Business Management
Business Management focuses on five vital pillars-
- Organize the Tasks- Business managers' primary responsibilities include organizing all the tasks and projects effectively that come their way. It helps in planning to execute those tasks.
- Planning- To constitute a plan of action for each department and implement strategies to execute the tasks.
- Leading the way Forward - The purpose of business management is to lead from the front and utilize the available resources optimally.
- Recruiting the Employees- Yes, even the HR department plays a pivotal role in efficiently managing the business activities. It helps to recruit the right people who can become a worthy asset to the company.
- Controlling the Company- Business management means implementing the right policy and making the right decision at the right time. The CEO and directors govern the policies and make changes when needed.
The Different Categories or Types of Business Management
Business management as such is a vast category that is classified into several branches. The popular ones include-
You also have to manage other areas or fields such as product or manufacturing management, service management, public relationship management, supply chain management, quality management, engineering, design management, etc.
Critical Challenges in Effectively Managing a Business
If you manage a business manually using conventional strategies and tactics, you may have to tackle a few challenges that can hamper your productivity and organizational growth. The main challenges include-
- Financial Instability- The biggest challenge that organizations face is managing their finance and capital. They are not able to provide timely financial reports and accurately manage account books. They lack financial analysis, which results in a loss.
- Not Identifying the Customer Needs- This mainly happens with small businesses and startups where they cannot identify what their target customers are looking for. They end up losing their potential customers.
- Exceeding the Project Deadlines- Often, companies miss the project deadline, which tends to increase the project's cost.
- Workforce Diversity- Workforce diversity can become a significant challenge as every employee does not have the same knowledge, experience, and skill set to cater to a task.
- Adapting the Changes- Business organizations have to adapt to the new trends and environmental changes frequently continually.
- Lack of Communication- Lack of communication between different departments and teams can also delay task completion.
- Making Right Decisions at Right Time- At times, managers cannot make the right decisions at the right time due to a lack of information and available inputs.
There may be a few other business management issues such as regulation and compliance, hiring the right talent, leveraging data, and more. Implementing top business management software helps you gain the upper hand and manage business operations seamlessly and efficiently.
What is Business Management Software?
Business Management Software is a set of advanced applications that help businesses, regardless of their sizes, seamlessly implement best practices and policies to automate and enhance processes. The core activities include administration, sales, marketing, customer service, project management, etc.
These policies are deployed to develop and execute business management plans. Also, business management tools help streamline all management activities. Furthermore, the software focuses on boosting employee productivity and work efficiency.
The Core Features of Business Management Software
Do you know how business management tools help to manage your operations effortlessly? Well, it's the best-in-class features that empower the tools. The core features include-
Top Benefits of Business Management Software
- Automation of Business Processes- The business management solution automates the manual process that minimizes the errors in documentation and other activities.
- Organized Data and Information- All data and information are well organized and easily accessed from anywhere, anytime. All information is stored at a central location.
- Improved Team Collaboration- The business management system also plays a vital role in enhancing the collaboration between different departments and teams, which can boost productivity.
- Speeds Up Decision Making Ability- The best free business management tools allow business owners and managers to quickly make accurate decisions, helping the company complete all operations within time and with improved results.
- Serves as a Viable Communication Tool- The free business management software has come as a handy customer service tool that enhances communication with clients. It provides an instant messaging facility, and the cloud-based system can be connected from any device.
- Data Storage Gets Streamlined- You can easily store data in computer systems, eliminating the need to use external storage devices. This saves a lot of costs.
- Real-time Reporting- Real-time reporting allows you to gain more control over inventory, ordering, business expenditure, and revenue.
Role of Free and Open Source Business Management Software in Streamlining business Operations
The best free and open source business management software has become a handy asset for businesses of all sizes. It streamlines several critical activities allowing organizations to compete and succeed in the cutthroat competition.
Also, many tools provide free versions and free trial periods, which becomes specifically a boon for startups and small enterprises. The open source business management software enables developers to customize their tools based on the needs. They can easily add or remove any feature to stay ahead in the game.
List of Free and Open Source Business Management Software
- Axelor ERP
- Apache OFBiz
- OpenPro ERP
- Knack Business Management Software
Comparison Chart of the 7 Best Free and Open Source Business Management Software
Bitrix24 (Free and Open Source)
Bitrix24 is a top-rated free and open source business management software that provides you over thirty-five tools. These tools include task management, document management, customer relationship management, project, time, and project management.
You also can unleash various other advantages such as automation of the business process, invoicing, email marketing, and team collaboration. Also, there is HRMS, virtual PBX, company directory, shared calendar, etc., to streamline all your business activities.
- Bitrix24 is a top business management tool that does not require any system administrator. It provides unlimited users and is known for user-friendliness.
- Bitrix24 supports both iOS and Android platforms.
- The client management feature allows CRM, sales automation, email marketing, virtual call center, and more.
- You can manage the projects through Gantt charts, to-do lists, planning the work, preparing the reports, etc.
- Manage your communications through social media platforms, online telephony, video conferencing, email server, group chat, etc.
- The software enables you to manage your workforce effortlessly with best-in-class features such as creating a company directory, work reports, approving leaves, etc.
Dolibarr (Free and Open Source)
Dolibarr is another viable option for the best free and open source business management software. The tool is used by all business organizations, including freelancers and startups, can implement and use it with ease. The software is a single and powerful web suite that helps to manage the entire business. The open source business management system allows you to incorporate features based on your specific business requirements. Also, there is the facility of upgrading the software anytime.
Dolibarr is one of the most user-friendly ERP and CRM tools, compatible with all platforms. It is also an extensible and customizable tool used by several developers.
- The CRM and sales features include managing sales orders, customers, proposals, contracts, identifying opportunities, etc.
- You can also manage HR activities such as managing employees, leave requests, monitoring the timesheets, recruitment, and expense reports.
- Streamline your e-commerce business with features like CMS, POS, etc.
- Keep track of finance and billing.
- Marketing becomes more straightforward with emailing and surveys.
- Escalate productivity with improved task scheduling, planning, and proper execution of projects
- The software can be aligned with external tools and provides a module builder for the developers.
Axelor ERP (Free and Open Source)
There is one more option to choose from when you search for free and open source business management software. Yes, one is talking about Axelor ERP., which is known for its scalability, robustness, and best-in-class customization. It is a modular and smart business management solution that provides advanced business apps to streamline ERP, BPM, and CRM.
You can deploy this software tool both on the cloud and on-premise. It integrates with more than twenty-two tools that include purchase, sales, human resources, accounting, production, project, and more.
Source: Axelor ERP
- The BMS, in combination with the ERP tool, helps to surge business productivity, optimize tasks, and minimize costs.
- Enhance customer experience and satisfaction level by automating the sales force and scalable CRM.
- Make changes with ease and keep track of business apps in real-time.
- Axelor also provides a wide range of tools, each of which can be installed and used separately.
- It offers intuitive design and simple navigation.
- Teams can interact with each other in real-time.
Apache OFBiz (Free and Open Source)
Apache OFBiz is a top-rated free and open source business management software extensively used across many industries. This tool provides a typical architecture that enables developers to add or extend custom features. The software application is powered by Java and a web-based framework, including a widget-powered user interface helping developers to create app prototypes with ease.
The software empowers business organizations with flexible and scalable ERP systems and CRM solutions. The open source nature allows you to make changes in business apps. The software is free for a lifetime. You need to download it.
Source: Apache OFBiz
- Apache OFBiz provides an extensive array of modules that include accounting, CRM, order management, warehouse management, e-commerce, manufacturing, etc.
- Manage your product and catalog list with ease.
- Pricing and promotion management gets streamlined.
- Implement the tool to fulfill the supply chain management requirements.
- Manage payment, billing, and contracts quickly.
- The software is flexible, scalable, reliable, and customizable to help your business grow.
Odoo is one of the top and extensively used open source business management tools to run any organization efficiently. It is simple and integrated with several apps. With Odo, you can find suitable software to streamline your business activities. For instance, you can look to escalate your sales, boost customer relationship management, and increase point of sale.
At the same time, you can even manage projects, employee timesheets, manage finance, invoice, billing, inventory, purchase, and much more.
The integration of various applications allows you to automate the business process.
- The e-commerce app allows you to display the product catalog with viable descriptions easily.
- CRM provides real-time visual information regarding the next set of actions.
- Inventory management helps to minimize the process times and upgrade the stock levels.
- Automate the procurement process, track purchase orders instantly with the sync of purchase software.
- Odo manages all manufacturing operations efficiently.
- Easily manage all the HR-related activities.
- Track marketing campaign performance with top-rated software to upsurge the conversion rates.
OpenPro ERP(Open Source)
If you are searching for complete open source business management software that can control all vital business activities, then you can look forward to choosing OpenPro ERP. You can gain full control over enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, human resource management, payroll, timesheet, e-commerce, etc.
In addition to these, OpenPro ERP also specializes in managing wholesale distribution, inventory control, supply chain, point of sale, and more.
Source: OpenPro ERP
- Business Management Software aligns with the ERP tool to streamline sales process orders, inventory, purchasing, etc
- Get job costs, ledger, and manage fixed assets, payroll, HRS, budget, and more with financial tools.
- Augment customer experience and satisfaction with CRM solutions.
- The manufacturing system deals with master production, scheduling, bills of materials, requirement planning, product routing, etc.
- Make your system user-friendly, simplify workflow management, communications, information management with the system management module.
- The e-commerce applications streamline business transactions and payment processing.
Knack BMS (Free)
Knack Business Management Software is a free business management software that simplifies business operations and makes owners more efficient. You can also implement this competent software to reduce your accounting and project errors, which can reduce a lot of time. Simultaneously, the business can also improve its productivity and boost customer relations that maximize revenue.
Knack Business Management Software serves a wide range of industries such as corporate houses, marketing teams, freelancers, sales, and even small businesses.
- Automate various business activities such as generating invoices, billing, statements, and reports.
- It has become much simpler to keep an eye on your company's finances
- Manage your client's prospects with ease.
- Create and manage the tasks with a user-friendly calendar.
- Establish a better team collaboration with integrated chat services, apps, and notes.
The blog has covered and highlighted 7 best free and open source business management software. But one cannot conclude the discussion without providing a brief description of Sage 300cloud, which is the most popular tool in this category.
Sage 300cloud (Popular Category)
Sage 300cloud is a top-notch and premier business management software that easily integrates the business process with a single platform. The entrepreneurs and managers can make better decisions in real-time as the tool offers comprehensive operational visibility, including finance and inventory management.
Sage 300cloud also helps you carry out different business tasks seamlessly, such as resource and operations management, scheduling, and gathering vital data to improve visibility. Also, you can decrease your costs by eliminating the traditional business systems and taking enterprise resource planning to the next level. The workflow management, warehouse activities get updated within the company.
- Check out vital business information anywhere, anytime with ease.
- The change management facility allows you to adapt business needs
- The users and clients receive an intuitive experience.
- Business operations are simplified to curtail the costs,
- The management team can focus more on business growth and escalation.
- Sage integrates with other extensively used tools.
- The software is known for its flexibility, adaptability, swiftness, etc.
According to the latest statistical report, business process management software's global market revenue is expected to grow at $14.4 billion by 2025. One of the integral factors that have enhanced the business management software industry is its sync with hotbed trends such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and internet of things technologies.
This has automated various tasks, reduced human errors, and surged customer experience to serve different industry verticals effortlessly.
Feel free to share your valuable experience of using any of the business, as mentioned earlier, management tools or any other software on the feedback page, helping other users make a choice.
Don't forget to visit the software directory page to explore the exclusive category of various tools to keep your business ahead.