On-page SEO is the process of optimizing web pages to rank higher and gain relevant traffic in search engines. On-page optimization tactics apply to both the content and HTML source code of a web page.
The following techniques should be used while starting on-page SEO:
1.Publish High-Quality Content
High-Quality content is the most critical aspect of SEO as the website with excellent content can survive with or without SEO.
The following content can be considered as High-Quality content:
Original content: The content that does not copies or rewrites existing articles, text, images, videos, presentations, infographics, comments, and more.
Exclusive Content: Try to keep your content exclusive, which means that even if your content is published on another website, it is not suitable for your site.
Text Elements Content: Try to add a text description to your image or videos to describe them in detail.
Helpful Content: Ensure that your content solves problems of the readers for which they are seeking it and delivers relevant information to them.
Researched Content: Take proper time in carrying out your research and then provide the information to the users
Long Content: It is marked that long articles get higher rankings than short articles.
Neutral content: Try to be neutral, focusing on both sides of the story unless it is required to share your point of view.
2. Enhance Page Titles and Meta Descriptions
Page titles and meta descriptions are noticed first when search engines read your pages; it provides them the information about your page.
How to Optimize Page Title?
- Include keywords at the beginning of your page title.
- Write brief and vivid titles.
- Add numbers.
- Do not mention your domain in the title.
How to Optimize Meta Descriptions?
- Do not include auto-generated descriptions.
- Apply your target keyword in the description.
3. Optimize Page Content
Content SEO is an integral part of on-page SEO and optimizing the actual content for your target keywords.
You need to follow a simple process for keyword research:
- Examine your keywords and form a set of those with similar topics and interests.
- You can do this by another process in which you need to evaluate the SERP for every keyword or set of keywords. After the evaluation of such keywords, identify the type and format of your content. Focus on some crucial characteristics of ranking pages such as:
- Is the size of the image- or video large?
- Is the content lengthy or short?
- Is the content formatted adequately in lists, bullets, or paragraphs?
- Always ensure that you are offering unique value to make your page better than the other pages that are currently ranking for your keyword.
4. Headings and Content Formatting
A page needs to be formatted appropriately with headings and subheadings.
Each page needs to have only one H1 tag, or you can choose to have the same <title> and <h1> tag. Search engine results display what they find in the title tag and not the h1 tag.
H2, h3 tags
The following things should be focused on while using h2, h3 tags:
- Include more than one word for a heading, making it exciting and useful for users who like to skim read an article.
- Use headings <h1>, <h2> and then <h3>, <h4> and so on hierarchically.
- Utilize subheadings for related keywords in your content.
- Include bold, underline, or italics to highlight the essential parts of a page.
- Pay attention to the size of the font.
- Divide the text into small paragraphs.
- Apply enough spacing between the paragraphs.
- Create sections using CSS that break the text into smaller, manageable parts.
5. Multimedia Elements
Images and multimedia elements make a page exciting and easy to understand.
Many a time, the multimedia elements add to the loading speed of a page.
You can follow these steps for SEO optimizing images:
- Always include original images.
- Try to optimize the images in as small size as possible.
- Use an ALT tag as it helps search engines understand the purpose of the image.
- Use filenames that provide detailed information about the image.
- Make use of Content Delivery Network - This network reduces the page loading time if there are multiple images on a single page.
6. URL optimization
URL optimization and the URL structure are the two essential elements for maximum SEO. It has two parts.
A permanent link is the unique URL of every page. It is considered that the URL
should be less than 255 characters and use hyphens to ‘-‘ separate various parts.
The URL that is short, descriptive, and includes target keyword is considered SEO friendly URLs.
The structure of the URL should describe the original structure of a website.
You can follow these best practices for optimizing your URL structure:
- Include a Categories Tab, which helps users and search engines to identify what they require quickly.
- Include a Breadcrumb menu that enables users to navigate your website in a structured format as they always know where they are and how far from the home page.
7. Internal links
Internal links are used for linking pages within your website. By including internal links, you can build your web, enable search engines to identify relevant pages and increase the users on your site.
8. External links
External links are the links created by linking to other high-quality websites.
9. Page loading speed
Google is investing in huge capital to make the web faster, as it is crucial for SEO and ranking. Fast-loading websites are useful for SEO, customer retention, and conversions.
Avoid The Following Black-Hat SEO Tactics:
Your web content should be such that it helps and answers searcher’s questions. Getting a high rank on SERPs should not be the only purpose of creating content, it should instead be meaningful, helpful, and informative.
I’m listing below some low-value tactics you should avoid while designing search engine optimized content.
- Thin Content
There are unique pages available for various topics on a website. The strategy of Google is clear that you should have a full page on a topic rather than having multiple, weaker pages for each variation of a keyword.
- Duplicate Content
The term duplicate content refers to content that is common between domains or between multiple pages of a single domain. Google promotes the use of a rel=canonical tag to point to the original version of the web content. Hence, your content should be unique in word and value.
Cloaking is an SEO approach where the content offered to the web crawler is different from that presented to the user's browser. This technique is made possible by delivering content based on the IP addresses or the User-Agent HTTP header. In some cases, Google may allow practices that are technically cloaking pass as they might contribute to positive user experience.
- Keyword Stuffing
Including keywords in your content is the most critical aspect of SEO. Many users mistakenly think that if you include a keyword multiple times within your content, you will automatically rank for it. So, incorporate your keywords and phrases in such a way that your readers understand your content.
- Auto-Generated Content
Auto-Generated content is the low-quality content that is created programmatically with the intent of manipulating search rankings and not helping users. The advancements in machine learning led to more specified auto-generated content.
If you establish a page on a keyword that is ten times better than the pages displayed in search results, Google will reward you for it. Additionally, you will also get organic traffic generated for that keyword. Hence, this explains the much-required elements to start on-page SEO for beginners in this field.
WordPress is the most popular website creation tool. WordPress is widely used in three significant landscapes:
- Hosted Website Building Software
- Content Management System
- Blogging Platform
You can scroll the list below and choose from the best alternatives of WordPress as per your requirements.
Hosted Website Building Software
Wix is a website builder software that enables its users to create entire website by simply using drag and drop options. There are multiple template options available from which you can select and edit according to your preference.
- User-friendly visual editor
- The profound feature set for all types of businesses
- Third-party web apps integrations with Wix Market
- Advanced Wix codes
- Cluttered designs can be complicated for beginners
- Inadequate SEO performance
- Design Constraints on mobile site
- Website: $16 - $26 per month
$144 - $216 per year
- Online Stores: $30 - $46 per month
$312 - $480 per year
Squarespace is a website builder explicitly designed for beginners to create both a static website as well as an eCommerce website. Similar to Wix, one hand, it provides user-friendly functionality and on the other hand, lacks flexibility.
- Astonishing templates and websites
- User-friendly editing layout
- Robust and easily accessible business tools
- Option to import a WordPress blog
- Limited layout control and insufficient coding language
- Inadequate performance of website speed
- Restricted features
- Website: $7 - $35 per month
$60 - $348 per year
- Ecommerce stores: $25 - $40 per month
$240 - $420 per year
Shopify is the best alternative if you are seeking to build an eCommerce store as it is exclusively designed for creating an online eCommerce store. Shopify manages the hosting and maintenance of your eCommerce store and authorizes you to use your domain name. Additionally, it can be extended with appealing themes and apps, just like WordPress.
- Robust and Unified eCommerce solution
- A complete package of marketing tools
- Excellent SEO performance
- Easily accessible support team
- Limited design control as a website builder
- Expensive transaction fees
- Blogging cannot be performed easily
- Less commonly used than PHP
- Basic Shopify: $29/month + credit card rate
$313.20/year + credit card rate
- Shopify: $79/month + credit card rate
$853.20/year + credit card rate
- Advanced Shopify: $299/month + credit card rate
$3,229.20/year + credit card rate
- Shopify Plus: $2,000/month + credit card rate
$24,000/year + credit card rate
Weebly is a website building platform with e-commerce capabilities. You can quickly build and design a website without requiring any code. Weebly is the best option if you’re looking for a simple website to sell your products online.
- User-friendly and straightforward
- Affordable eCommerce solutions
- Access to App center
- Membership options available
- Restricted design options
- Complicated SEO customizations for beginners
- Complicated pricing
- Website: $0 - $ 360 per year
- Ecommerce store: $120 - $552 per year
PageCloud offers you unique editing options with standard drag and drop facility with the help of which you can add and reposition anything on your pages and then style it according to your requirement. PageCloud authorizes website owners full control over their website without writing any code.
- Unmatched drag & drop, WYSIWYG, and editing shortcuts.
- More than 100 user-friendly app integrations
- Can import a WordPress blog
- High-performance websites
- Design restrictions with a blogging tool
- Costly for basic websites or blogs
- Doesn’t supports native e-commerce
All-inclusive: $24 per month
$ 240 per year
Content Management System alternatives to WordPress
Joomla is a software that offers third-party extensions that can be extended with templates. It consists of a flexible widget system that can be assigned to individual pages or menu items out of the box. Additionally, Joomla also provides robust Access Level Management.
- Robust technical skills
- Multilingual platform with detailed features
- Numerous extensions
- Limited design and code experience
- Longer learning curve than WP
- No standardized store for templates
Drupal is a software that is explicitly designed for many enterprise websites as it handles large amounts of data.
- Elevated reliability and security
- Assists users to create extremely complex websites and applications
- Robust multi-language website modules
- Quick prototyping abilities
- Highly extensible
- Requires a high level of technical ability
- Require a lot of resources
- Blogging modules are not as compared to WP
Ghost is a trivial content management system built specifically for blogging and publishing. If your primary purpose of getting a website is blogging, then Ghost is the right choice for you. Ghost also provides a hosted version that pays its users if they outsource and setup and also looks after its maintenance.
- Robust and user-friendly interface
- Affordable for large enterprises
- Integrated easily into any website
- The established platform used by some of the world’s biggest brands
- Costly for small blogs with fewer requirements
- Does not comprises of website building solutions
- Small marketplace (no plugins available)
Blogging Alternatives to WordPress
Medium is an online publishing platform that enables its users to share, write, and publish their content online quickly. Medium is by far the most straightforward platform, as it is combined with a user-friendly post-editing experience.
- Provides additional visibility to blogs
- Easy to access
- Higher ranks on search engines
- Import existing content
- Limited customization for blog designs
- Restricted custom domain
- Does not supports Google Analytics
Tumblr is a microblogging platform that enables its users to publish content on their blog rapidly. It even allows other Tumblr users to easily share or like your content, which helps you gain exposure from across the world, which helps your content get discovered by more people.
- The best option for publishing free basic blog posts for beginners
- Only publishes basic blog posts
Blogger gives fierce competition to WordPress when blogging is considered. Blogger provides you an option to build your blog as a subdomain of blogspot.com or use your domain name.
- Google AdSense helps you earn by publishing your blog
- Free and easy to access solution for beginners
- Only publishes basic blogs
To conclude, In reality, there are multiple alternatives to WordPress. You can select the right platform according to your website needs, your experience level with coding, design, content, & functionality, and your available resources and budget.
Digital signage implements technologies such as LCD, LED, projection, and e-paper to demonstrate digital images, weather data, videos, web pages, restaurant menus, text, and a lot more. This data can be found in public spaces, transportation systems, museums, stadiums, retail stores, hotels, restaurants, corporate buildings, and many more places.
- Deep Analytics
The latest discoveries in this domain include proximity sensors and cameras with face recognition that can measure precisely whether a person is looking at the target medium or not. Various modern algorithms are even able to detect parameters like age, sex, and mood by analyzing the facial expressions on the camera footage. The touchscreens can also measure touches ("clicks") on specific content and can analyze the specific performance of advertising campaigns and their ROI.
The touchscreens are specifically designed for professionals to use for customer communication. They come with appropriate touch sensors for larger than ever display formats that are available at low cost.
- Interactive Apps
Many companies are putting in lots of effort, capital, and time for developing the software for professional touchscreen-enabled interactive apps.
- Product Recognition
Interactive product recognition enables customers to scan any product themselves and display the processed corresponding information in a multimedia form. According to the latest invention, a round marker chip is being attached to an actual product for assistance. This detects the exact location of the product and displays corresponding information that is in its close vicinity on the screen. This technology is bound to eliminate queues and checkouts.
There are multiple Digital Signage software available in the market that can help your business finalize and track contract status electronically. Find below a list of leading ones:
EasySignage is a digital signage software that is explicitly designed to be user-friendly and secure. It also comes with a web-based management system and Android-based player, that makes its users ready in no time.
Yodeck is a user-friendly cloud-based digital signage platform that enables its user to screen with dynamic content which instantly engages their target viewers. This platform allows users to create, design, and schedule content from the web at ease. Yodeck provides enterprise-grade security & control, and a drag-and-drop editing feature which allows users to organize content in exciting layouts.
Signagelive is a leading global digital signage provider that powers more than 10,000 screens deployed across 40 countries. In addition to this, their cloud-based platform is available in 14 languages. Signagelive has its customers ranging from small to large networks across various countries, which has gained the company a name among the top five developers globally.
- Xhibit Signage
Xhibit Signage is the standard platform that fulfills all the digital signage needs of its users. This platform assists its users in building and distributing dynamic content. Additionally, Xhibit Signage remotely manages a network of digital signage, touchscreen displays, video walls, and interactive kiosks.
- NoviSign Digital Signage
NoviSign Digital Signage is a contemporary user-friendly digital signage software that creates and manages all the activities related to digital signage. Any user can operate this software at ease with limited IT experience. NoviSign Digital Signage is best suited for creating, scheduling, and managing digital signage screens.
- Rise Vision
Rare Vision is a digital signage platform that provides simple, reliable, and affordable solutions, which helps its users to communicate at ease visually. Since its inception, the company's been helping a large number of organizations to create appealing displays globally.
ScreenHub is a multifunctional software that provides excellent content and design management services. The web-based solution enables its users to create quickly, control, and modify messages on their devices.
- Scala Digital Signage
Scala Digital Signage is a software that provides audience engagement services. This software connects networks of digital signs, kiosks, mobile devices, websites, and Internet-linked devices.
consists of a modular system of hardware and software tools and IoT solutions.
Xibo Digital Signage software is a cost-efficient, high-performing solution that provides transformation to its user’s designs by easily accessible and prompt integration with third-party content. It also provides its users with a personalized experience to launch their signage needs to new heights.
Workflow management is a crucial aspect of any business irrespective of its size. This tool assists you in setting up, monitor, and perform systematic processes and tasks in your organization. This system proves to be a very effective solution to upscale your business’s productivity and expand it to new dimensions. With optimized workflow management software, you can give a new direction to your business towards productivity and evolution.
Flokzu is a workflow management software that designs, customizes, and executes business processes. This software also measures and analyzes KPI reports, which result in increased workforce efficiency in your company.
Flokzu is a Low-Code BPM Suite for high-performance organizations and teams.
IdeaBridge is an Enterprise Innovation Management Platform that innovates new products and services, manages costs, raises employee engagement levels, and significantly enhances the customer experience.
Asana workflow management software helps businesses to coordinate with their team and keep track of tasks assigned to them.
Zapier is the best workflow management system for busy organizations as it offers the most simple automation. Zapier automatically moves information between web apps thereby letting employees focus on other essential work.
KiSSFLOW is a cloud-hosted workflow management platform that assists businesses to build and customize business applications. This software is designed with an approach to business process management, which means that it directly assigns tasks to people who could handle it the best.
Todoist is one of the most established to-do workflow management apps as it comes with outstanding features. This platform organizes different tasks, set schedules, and deadlines, which in turn helps to escalate the productivity of a business. The Todoist app supports laptops, desktops, mobile devices, emails, and browsers.
Nintex is a workflow management platform that virtually automates any business process. This system works for both sophisticated and straightforward methods that enable its users to plan and create business processes.
Agilean is a SaaS enterprise workflow management and project management software solution. This solution is explicitly designed for IT organizations. Agilean primarily works on planning, executing & monitoring of various business processes and prepares reports of the same.
ProWorkflow is an online workflow and project management software that allows its users to maintain accurate records, organize, plan, and assign jobs along with maintaining the timeline of the company. The software collects information from the available data and enables organizations to analyze their performance. ProWorkflow also streamlines profit margins and displays meaningful directions though reports.
IFTTT bridges the gap between its client’s apps and devices. IFTTT offers more than 600 devices and apps comprising of Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Twitter, BMW, Fitbit, Dropbox, and Samsung.
You can select the software which best fits your requirements amongst these.
Task Management Software is the perfect solution when you are facing difficulties in prioritizing tasks, managing time, and meeting deadlines within the organization. This software makes life less burdensome when you have a lot of things on your table.
Task management software can be used for:
- Setting and prioritizing tasks
- Managing multiple tasks with few clicks
- Exporting and importing lists
- Defining custom views
- Filtering lists by a specific period
- Finding down the details of a job from the task list
Here is a list of some of the leading Task Management Software available in the market:
Intervals is pure, yet robust time tracking and task management software that comes with intelligent reporting feature. This software assists the team of experts in the company in collaboration, tracking, and reporting. Intervals is fully featured with the right tools to turn projects into a successful business. This software also provides excellent budget tracking, document sharing, email integration, productivity reports, and other project management features. Intervals is the perfect solution to organize your business’s workflow.
TaskQue is a smart cloud-based task management software that enhances productivity by optimizing your resource utilization. The software also provides an efficient and innovative task assignment process. TaskQue also offers a unique platform to its users where they can discuss ideas and collaborate on different assignments. This software comprises of user-friendly communication tools.
Flow is a reliable task management software built for any project or workflow.
Hitask is a unique task management software that is utilized by project managers for their teams. The managers can focus on team collaboration, get tasks done, and manage an entire project with the help of this software.
Monday.com is the task management software that is one of the leading collaboration and communication apps for teams in the market. This software syncs all information in a single, accessible hub, and authorizes agents and team members to make critical collaborative decisions together.
Project Manager is a cloud-based task management software that enables its users to manage their tasks from anywhere and on any platform. ProjectManager allows its users to create new projects, allocate resources & assets, plan out and schedule tasks, and monitor the progress of their projects from a single dashboard.
Wrike is an online project and task management software that assists its users in prioritizing and aligning their team to work faster and smarter. The software also enables multifunctional groups to flexibly collaborate and complete the assigned tasks effectively from a single location. Wrike provides its users with the ability to schedule, prioritize, discuss, and also lets keep track of progress in real-time.
Smartsheet is an intuitive online task and project management tool. This tool comprises of a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, with a collaborative approach of file sharing & workflow. The software also helps its clients in getting work done quickly and efficiently. Moreover it performs various tasks such as planning, capturing, tracking, automating, and reporting on work at scale. These functions result in more effective processes and better business outcomes.
Mavenlink is a project and task management software platform explicitly designed for professional and marketing services organizations. It is the only platform that helps organizations to establish an operational system of records. These records facilitate the organization’s business lifecycle, comprising of some primary capabilities such as resource management, project management, collaboration, project accounting, and BI.
nTask is a free online project and task management tool that is utilized by professionals within the organization. This tool enables its clients to make checklists, manage projects, collaborate with project teams, schedule meetings, and a lot more.
A clear classification of these software based on their characteresticsa would help you decide on which software to choose.
You can compare all the above-mentioned software and select the one which best fits your requirements by comparing their features, deployment, supporting devices, model pricing, resources, support, and business size from the above table.
Cart abandonment is a term used to describe when shoppers begin the checkout process, or add products to their online cart but leave the site before completing the checkout process. Ecommerce market is evolving rapidly but “shopping cart abandonment” is one of the major faced by this industry. Many a time customers tend to visit an eCommerce website, slide through various products, even add them in carts but end up not buying it. There are ideally many reasons for this, but I have tried to curate some of the most common reasons people abandon their shopping cart.
I have curated a chart of some common reasons customers leave the website without completing their shopping:
Based on the above reasons, I have come up with some of the steps to avoid or reduce shopping cart abandonment:
- Make Your Transaction Forms Trustworthy
Transaction forms are a very crucial part of any eCommerce store to gain its customer’s trust. While making a transaction, a customer is asked to add their personal information as well as credit card information. Many times customers are reluctant to fill their details and end up leaving their shopping cart. The retailers should try to gain the trust of their customers by putting security or a verification logo, with the help of which the customers feel safe in buying the products from their portal.
- Introduce Progress Indicators
Online retailers have to pay a heck of attention when it comes to the billing processes. Progress indicators are the best option to choose when you want hassle-free checkouts for your customers. One of the many reasons people choose online shopping is they don't prefer to wait in long queues at brick & mortar stores. A similar concern can make online shoppers also abandon their shopping cart. Progress Indicators always help in such cases as they keep the customers aware of the fact that they need not wait longer for the checkout.
- Include Thumbnail Image of the Product throughout the Billing Process
Including thumbnail is a significant part of the checkout process. It not only makes your billing process appealing, but it also makes the customers aware of what they are buying. The thumbnail image continually appearing on the screen makes the customer grow fonder for the product they are buying and urges them to complete the checkout process as early as possible.
- Easy Navigation between the Cart and Store
The Navigation between the cart and an eCommerce store should always be effortless to provide a hassle-free checkout experience to the customers. Many online shopping portals are continually making efforts to make this as effortless as possible. Prospects must be clearly informed that their products are saved for later in their cart even if they want to continue shopping more. Estores must be designed in such a way that it helps visitors to navigate quickly and effortlessly by offering them logical and intuitive navigation options.
- Offer as many Payment Options as Possible
It is evident from various researches that the websites providing more payment options get a large number of customers than the ones allowing only one or two modes of payment. The comfort of the customer should always be prioritized while designing your website. This point must always be taken into consideration while designing an eStore.
- Effective “Call to Action” Buttons
Call to action buttons are equally crucial for a successful online transaction at checkout. CTA buttons are utilized on eStore pages to guide users towards your goal conversion. Draw visitor’s attention by using action-packed ‘Add to cart’ buttons, ‘Free trial sign-up’ buttons, or ‘Download’ buttons. Keep A/B testing your call to action buttons on your checkout page to analyze what is working for your website.
- Offer ‘Save for Later’ Options
The customers should always be offered a “Save to Cart” option while shopping online. Many times customers want to buy a specific product, but due to the rise in the amount, they end up not buying anything. If they have the option to save it, then they would not feel the burden of paying all at once and could buy the product later without the fear of missing out.
- Guest Checkout Option
As per many pieces of research on eCommerce, it is found that visitors tend to leave the checkout process if they are asked to log in and fill up their details. Guest Checkout option must be offered to overcome this scenario where the customers need to just add their contact information. Secure and quick checkout saves a lot of their time, and your business does not get affected.
- Easy Return and Refund Options
The Return and Refund options should be made crystal clear for the prospects during the checkout process. Many websites offer a 30-day return and refund policy, and they get their money back the same day in their accounts. Such sites develop a relationship of trust with their prospects, which lasts long. Many a time, visitors leave without completing the checkout process as they do not find Returning options. So, if you have a return policy, show it at the time of checkout and be very clear with it by mentioning all the terms and conditions.
- Clearly Portray the Shipping Costs
One of the significant issues faced by the customers shopping online is the “shipping charges.” It is expedient to display the shipping costs along with the product so that the prospective customers could get a clear idea of what they are getting. Many websites surprisingly show “shipping charges” at the end of the checkout process, which slightly turns out to be a huge turn off for the prospects, and they immediately abandon the shopping cart. So make it a point to display everything in the product description.
- Be Crystal Clear about the Date of Delivery
Sometimes, people hesitate to shop online as they feel it would take time to get delivered. Show the time of delivery at the product description itself, which would make the customers determined to complete the checkout process.
- Pay Attention to Your Page Loading Time
It is found in various studies that ecommerce shopping cart conversion rates drop by 7% for every one-second delay in page loading time. Proper optimization should be done to reduce the page loading time. The faster the checkout page loads, the faster a prospect completes the payment process. If it takes time to load, there are very high chances of the visitor moving to a competitor website!
Hence by following these above mentioned simple steps, a huge difference can be made to the business of any eCommerce store.
A Project Management system is the best solution when it comes to organizing and planning a large number of projects, plans, tasks, and people. This system provides accurate, predictable, and profitable solutions to businesses irrespective of their size.
- Intervals is easy to access, yet robust time tracking and task management software that comes with intelligent reporting. The software assists its clients with collaboration, tracking, and reporting tools, thereby helping turn successful projects into a successful business. Intervals provide budget tracking, document sharing, email integration, productivity reports, and various other project management features. These features help their clients to get their workflow organized and gather invaluable insights about their projects.
- Celoxis is a well-known, simple, and affordable project management software. This software assists its clients in managing their project portfolios, workflows, expenses, timesheets, and resources, and at the same time improve client and team collaboration.
- BVDash is a cloud-based project management software solution which is explicitly designed for multiple industry verticals. The software provides its users with a dashboard that can be utilized by project teams to access various systems and tools. BVDash offers prominent features such as issue management, cost control, project scheduling, dashboards, and much more.
- Paymo is the latest project management app that assists small and medium project-based businesses to manage their projects from initiation to execution phase. This app enables its clients to access all the project management features on a single platform, which eliminates the need and struggle to work with and learn to use several apps. Paymo ensures to deliver a seamless workflow to its clients throughout the life cycle of their project.
- Workfront is a modern workflow and project management software that delivers excellent projects to its clients. The app connects enterprise work, collaboration, and digital content of their clients into an Operational System of Record.
- Smartsheet is visceral online project management, collaboration & Gantt chart software. This tool comprises of a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, combined with a network of file sharing & workflow, which enables its client’s teams to operate in an agile and efficient manner. The panel of technicians at Smartsheet assists their clients in work execution and planning for organizations. Additionally, this tool captures, tracks, automates and reports on its client’s work at scale, which delivers efficient processes and outcomes to their clients.
- Clarizen is one of the leading project management software and collaborative work management solution built on a secure, scalable platform. This tool is explicitly designed for organizations that value cross-company engagement and on-time processes. Clarizen connects project management, configurable workflow automation, and in-context collaboration to deliver the clients exactly what they require.
- RationalPlan is a project management software solution that helps small and medium businesses in the planning of projects, allocating resources, analyzing workloads, tracking work progress, estimating project costs, and managing budgets. This tool provides its clients with an embedded project guide that assists them through each step of the project planning process.
- LiquidPlanner is a combination of collaboration tools and project management software. This software consists of specific features for IT teams, project managers, professional services, development teams, and marketing teams.
- OpenProject is a well-known project management software that provides multi-project management, team collaboration, and communication services to its clients along the entire project life cycle. Additionally, this software also assists in task management, bug tracking, requirements management, Scrum, product planning, Gantt charts, wiki, meeting management, time tracking and even cost reporting & budgeting.
The list of the software mentioned above provides the best project management services for small-to-mid-sized companies. You can opt for the one that best fits your requirements from all the companies mentioned above.
The increasing use of iOS devices across the globe has compelled app developers to build iOS apps to meet user expectations. At Openxcell, the expert and tech-savvy programmers have created a plethora of robust iOS apps for multiple categories. If you want to build a native application for iOS, you should have a look at the following mobile app technology stack based on programming languages, toolkit, and software development kit(SDK). iOS platform has always been the first pick for premium mobile app developers as it provides excellent App Profitability and App Development Environment.
Openxcell majorly focuses on Swift and Objective C as their programming language.
The majority of iOS app developers consider Swift as the most popular iOS native app programming language. Swift is a multi-purpose, multi-paradigm, accumulated programming language developed by Apple Inc. for iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, and Linux OS.
Swift language simplifies the development process of iOS apps. This programming language delivers apps that are prominent in enhanced code reusability, security, readability, and provide best-in-class performance.
2. Objective C
Objective-C is an all-in-one, object-oriented programming language that supersets C language and provides a dynamic runtime environment.
It was one of the most common iOS app development languages before Swift had taken the driving seat. However, many large enterprise mobile apps continue to run on Objective C language.
Swift is widely used and most recommended amongst the two. This language is functional and provides inline support for manipulating text strings and data, which helps in delivering less error-prone code. Additionally, Swift also comprises of dynamic libraries that are directly uploaded to memory. These libraries are created by cutting down on the initial size of the app, which ultimately accelerates the app performance.
There are mainly two toolsets used for iOS apps development.
Apple Xcode is only accessible if you choose Swift for developing your native app. This toolkit provides a full-featured development environment that enables its users to create mobile apps and desktop applications. Xcode encompasses integrated support for Git repositories, a graphical editor to design user interfaces, instrumentation & debugging tools, and integrated documentation. This development tool is believed to be the official IDE of Apple Inc. that helps to create and publish native and gaming apps to the Apple Store. Xcode also supports the development of Mac OS, iOS, watch OS, and tv OS apps.
Though AppCode supports most of the programming languages, it cannot compete with Xcode’s Interface Builder, which helps to design interfaces without writing a line of codes. Hence you could opt for the best toolkit according to your requirement of functionalities.
Software Development Kit: iOS SDK
The iOS Software Development Kit comprises an application programming interface that functions as a connecting link between software apps and the platform they run on. APIs can be created in multiple ways and includes important programming libraries and other tools. The iPhone SDK sets out mechanisms for Apple’s touchscreen interface and its proprietary iOS operating system. This system is used to run Apple’s iPhone as well as the iPad.
Mobile app development technologies are growing at an enormous pace. Selecting the right mobile app technology is a crucial ingredient in building a highly functional iPhone app. OpenXcell has completed more than 150 iPhone app development projects to date, whereas the team is currently working on more than 50 projects.
A large number of toolkits are available in the market to develop Augmented Reality mobile apps.
If you are an app developer, it is crucial to know about the 2 varied types of AR app, which are:
Marker-based apps conceptualize image recognition and display AR content by using black and white markers as triggers. As you point the camera on a marker's position anywhere around you, the device then identifies the marker. An app covers the digital data on this marker, and the augmented object thus becomes visible.
If you are planning to create a marker-based app, you need to provide the images or their descriptors in advance to simplify the searching process. In simple words, the objects are already hard-coded in your app-; thereby making it easier to detect the object. The majority of AR apps are marker-based, and these types of apps are especially popular in advertising.
Location-based AR apps function without markers. These apps detect the user's location with the aid of a GPS, an accelerometer, or a digital compass and cover the augmented reality objects on top of real-time physical locations. One of the most popular games of all time, Pokemon Go is example of a location-based app.
A location-based app could give recommendations in the form of notifications about the best places nearby based on user searches. Not just that, it can help you find your car in the vast parking lot using the GPS of your location-based app.
Your AR app should support all the essential features, such as:
- Platforms: You can quickly develop an app for iOS or Android since all of the augmented reality toolkit supports both of these platforms. There are even few tools in the market that can help you build your app on Windows or macOS.
- Image Recognition: This feature is one of the vital elements for any AR app as it enables users to identify objects, places, and images.
- 3D Recognition and Tracking: This element is one of the most valuable features of any AR SDK and is widely used in mobile games and e-commerce. With this feature, an app can “understand” and enhance the large spaces of airports, bus stations, shopping malls, etc.
- Unity Support: Unity is a widely used, multipurpose, and robust game engine, which enables its users to implement a cutting-edge experience or extend a more traditional idea with new techniques in their app.
- OpenSceneGraph Support: This is an application programming interface utilized by app developers to build computer games, augmented & virtual reality, scientific visualization, and modeling.
- GPS Support: This feature is crucial if you want to create a location-based app.
- SLAM Support: Simultaneous Localization and Mapping(SLAM) is an algorithm that maps the user’s location and tracks all their actions and movements.
- Cloud Support vs. Local Storage: While designing and developing an AR-based app, it is crucial to decide whether the user’s data will be stored in the cloud or the local storage. If you have a count of your markers, you can use your local storage, but if your data is enormous, you can utilize cloud storage.
- Cost: There are various pricing plans available in the market, from basic to advanced versions. For the initial stage, it is advisable to go with the free, open-source AR SDKs, which can be further extended with the new features proposed by the developers.
There are several tools available in the market that support the above mentioned features. The best ones of them are listed below:
Vuforia is one of the most popular tools that can be used for developing an augmented reality mobile app.
Its features include:
- Recognizes multiple objects and images
- Supports text recognition about 100,000 words or a custom vocabulary
- Customizes VuMarks and provides a Unity Plugin
- Enables building a 3D geometric map of any environment
- Converts static images into a full-motion video
- Supports both Cloud and local storage
This is an open-source tool used to create AR mobile apps, and its feature set comprises of:
- Supports Unity3D and OpenSceneGraph
- Advocates both single and dual cameras
- GPS and compasses support
- Integrates with smart glasses
- Provides Multiple Languages Support
- Upholds automatic camera calibration
3. Google ARCore
Google introduced this operating system to develop AR apps that offer functionality with Java/OpenGL, Unity, and Unreal.
Its feature-set includes:
- Offers motion tracking, which determines the position and orientation of the device using the camera. It also spots the feature points
- Environmental understanding helps to place virtual objects on tables or on the floor
- Light estimation allows users to light up the virtual objects so that they look natural with the help of smart light
4. Apple ARKit
Apple introduced its ARKit with iOS 11 which supports following features:
- Visual Inertial Odometry enables users to track en environment accurately without any additional calibration
- Powerful face tracking to create facial expressions of 3D characters
- Tracks and updates the light level of the environment
- Detects horizontal, vertical and irregularly shaped surfaces
- Detects and modifies 2D objects
- Integrates with Unity and Unreal Engine
Maxst tool provides 2D SDK for image tracking and a 3D SDK for environment recognition. Its features include:
- When you track the surroundings, the map automatically extends beyond the first view along with the move of the camera and can be also be saved for subsequent requirements
- It saves files created with Visual Simultaneous Localization and Mapping to render 3D objects wherever you like on it
- Offers QR and barcode scanning
- With extended image tracking and multi-target tracking, you can target it to the camera’s maximum reach and track up to 3 images simultaneously
- Tracks and places digital objects concerning the plane
- Offers unity plugin integration
Wikitude is another tool used for developing an augmented reality mobile app. Its features include:
- Provides image recognition, 3D recognition, and tracking
- Offers cloud recognition
- Allows location-based services
- Enables smart glasses integration
- Integrates with external plugins
The toolkits mentioned above are the most relevant and appropriate toolkits available in the market concerning the set of features they deliver and their value for money. It might be a herculean task to pick the right tool from all the tools available in the market. I have classified all of the above mentioned tools in a table to make this task easier for you.
You can pick one of these tools and develop your own augmented reality mobile app as per your app requirements. OpenXcell Technolabs offers excellent services and solutions to build a mobile app by implementing augmented reality into it. The company understands that AR is trending, and hence we are developing solutions based on this trending technology.
On-demand mobile apps are a benefit for small businesses and startups as such apps can be utilized and customized at an affordable price. These kinds of apps not only assure a profit but also leverages your company’s standard in the market.
I am listing down some of the most popular areas for on-demand apps:
Hospitality: These apps are widely used and accepted worldwide. Hospitality apps are best for you, whether you are a restaurant or an aggregator. You can start delivering food at the customer’s doorsteps.
Housekeeping: A housekeeping app will be very beneficial in the coming days as the demand for it is exponentially rising. You can create an app that helps service seekers connect with individuals who are good at dishwashing, house cleaning, gardening, and other chores.
Rental Properties and Lounging: This type of app can be beneficial for sellers who wish to sell or rent their property. With a rental and lounging app, anyone can easily find out the places to stay at any desired location.
Healthcare: The healthcare business is growing by leaps and bounds, and investing in it can produce a high profit. With an on-demand health app, you can get a doctor on-demand, book medical tests, and get medications within the comfort of your home.
Freelancers: You can create an app through which people get hired for freelance jobs. An on-demand app specific for freelancers would ease the process of hiring and could be beneficial for individuals who would prefer work-from-home.
According to some reliable resources, the revenue of the on-demand industry was about $14 billion in 2014, which is expected to reach $335 billion by 2025 due to the increased demands. The reports also revealed that on-demand users spend an average of $57.6B annually. These statistics reflect that entrepreneurs must invest in an on-demand mobile app.
Cost To Build an App like Uber
The expenditure to develop an app like Uber depends on its features and the time taken to create them, which includes:
To build an app like Uber, an offshore app development company costs $25 per hour, onshore or local developer charges anywhere between $37/hour - $60/ hour and a high-quality Uber clone app comprising of all the features costs around $180 per hour.
The average hourly rate of building an app like Uber in the top three app development hubs is as follows:
- U.S.A:- $150- $200
- U.K:- $90-$150
- India:- $25- $49
The budget would be approximately $70,000 for both Android and iOS platforms, and the estimated maintenance cost will be $20,000 per year.
Cost To Build an App like DoorDash:
DoorDash is an on-demand food-ordering mobile app that accepts orders, provides food delivery service and offers promotions. One of the features that make DoorDash unique is that it enables you to deliver food from restaurants that don’t regularly offer a delivery service. The approximated cost to build an app like DoorDash ranges between 5000$ to 10000$. This figure depends on the features and many-sided quality of the application.
The average cost of building up an on-demand delivery food-ordering mobile app falls between $15-$25 per hour, depending upon the magnitude of the app.
Cost To Build an App like Instacart:
Instacart enables customers to select grocery products from their trusted local stores. Then a driver would collect all those things from each of those stores and deliver them in a neat package in the specified time window to its customer. The delivery charges depend on the location.
The expense to develop an on-demand mobile app like Instacart may vary from place to place for both Android and iOS platforms. Ideally, to develop such an app, the outsourcing development company requires a team of a Project Manager, 1-2 Android Developers, 1-2 iOS Developers, 1–2 UI/UX Designers, 2 QA, Specialists, and a Backend Developer.
Hence, the cost to develop an on-demand app like Instacart starts around $35 per hour, which may cost you about $62,000 and above depending on the features and technologies used.
According to reliable resources, the cost to develop an On-Demand mobile app ranges between $10,000 and $800,000. The cost to develop an On-Demand mobile app like Uber, DoorDash, and Instacart may cost less than $25 per hour at OpenXcell Technolabs. The company holds expertise and experience in mobile app development on different platforms and offers excellent services at exceptional rates