Video contents are impressive, indeed. From an audience’s point of view, sometimes they are much better than the highly elaborated texts available at a business site, magazine, or portal.
Today, video contents are much used in the enterprise firms in the form of employee-generated content, video conferencing, on-demand training, and company events coverage, etc. Technology world has introduced appropriate systems for enterprise video content management to manage and facilitate the delivery of endless videos across World Wide Web. Live videos promote better collaboration among teams from different parts of the world and reduce travel cost. A video CMS is capable of enabling an organization to manage, centralize, and deliver videos online. GlobalNewsWire reports have suggested that the enterprise video content management market is likely to touch $13.3 billion by the year 2022.
Let us review some of the benefits of an enterprise video content management system, before checking out the feasible options available online:
1. A video CMS can support sizeable high-definition video files in comparison to spreadsheets, word documents, and other office documents. The default video file size is up to 50 MB.
2. A video CMS searches for the actual content of your videos, unlike the standard CMS and LMS systems that only search based on the file names and manually entered metadata. Video CMSs can search inside videos for specific words that are displayed on-screen or spoken during the video. Then, it fast-forwards the viewer to that exact point in the video presentation.
3. A video CMS doesn’t just host your videos but also checks if they are compatible with the devices accessing them. For example, a WebEx-based video, when stored on a SharePoint site in its default ARF format, cannot be viewed on smartphones or tablets. Video CMSs solves this issue to a greater extent.
Now, let us check out some of the top-rated Enterprise Video Content Management Software Systems that are mostly preferred by the businesses today:
Vidizmo is a Microsoft partner and is compatible with all Microsoft Azure, Microsoft enterprise products and platforms, and Azure Government cloud. It is a scalable, comprehensive, and best-in-class video streaming and content management platform for corporate communication, training, learning, sales, and marketing. It empowers your audiovisual content with AI and consolidates your company’s all media in one enterprise video platform.
· Embedded HTML5 video player, live and on-demand streaming, and global & enterprise CDN.
· Full branding, white-label option, and social media sharing.
· 100% in-the-Cloud and Hybrid Models.
· The free trial is available for 30 days, and pricing is given on request.
Brightcove offers a cost-effective, flexible, and secure enterprise video suite for internal video communication, enterprise live video streaming and employee video training. URL tokenization, single sign-on (SSO), and IP restriction are some of the essential security features associated with Brightcove.
· Publish and share video enterprise-wide.
· Count on absolute video security.
· Deliver the best video experience with the least network impact.
· Measure your business impact using video analytics.
Kaltura is an open, flexible, and collaborative video platform in the market. It caters to any video use case and helps to democratize media to make it accessible and impactful for various organizations and people around the world. It offers live and on-demand video SaaS solutions to thousands of organizations around the globe to engage millions of viewers at work, at home, and school.
· Manage and publish your media through one intuitive interface.
· Enterprise content management video plugins, to make video a native data type within your CMS.
· Enterprise Social Business Video Suite makes you seamlessly add video capabilities to your social business platform.
· Kaltura’s video platform is named ‘leader’ in Gartner Magic Enterprise Video Content Management 2016.
Panopto video platform was established in 2007 to address the needs of businesses and universities. It has proved to be the most accessible platform to record, live stream, manage, and share videos across an organization. It can professionally capture demos, presentations, classes, and events. Panopto is a leading video content management system that stores and manages your videos securely in the cloud or on-premise.
· Best video search support facility.
· Secure sign-ons (SSO) and user-level permissions.
· Converting videos again is more comfortable using this software. The software automatically transcodes every recording so it can be shared and played with anyone and on any device.
· It supports all formats such as AVI, MP4, MPG, WMV, MOV, QT, ASF, 3GP, WMA, MP3, M4V, and more.
Established in 2017, Vidello is exceptionally good at organizing, managing, and hosting all your videos under one roof. Neatly organized project folders are made available to the users to upload and host all of your videos. Vidello’s video apps are made available to optimize your videos.
· Well-organized and simple video management with the facility of easy switching of videos between projects.
· It is a cloud, SaaS, web-based platform that assures easy live online training and documentation.
· Video streaming, video looping, brand overlay, mobile screen support, and social sharing are some essential features of the software.
· The free trial is available and pricing starts at $17 per month.
I hope you got convinced with the point that the compelling video content management software programs will surely benefit your enterprise, but you have to select one wisely and with a thorough research.
The asset of every business is their audience. So, the ultimate aim of any business firm is to reach to maximum audience. The most common form of marketing which prevails now is digital marketing. With the emergence of digital marketing , traditional marketing has been completely outdated. As internet plays a very important role in everyone day to day life, the concept of marketing changed completely. The most common form of digital marketing which actively preavail today is the Content Marketing . Content marketing as the name implies gives maximum importance to the contents being shared. It is from the contents the audience receive an over all impact of the firm.
Features of Content marketing :
The content which we deliver must be attractive such that it should provoke more and more people to read it. As a result of which it will reach to more and more people. That is what marketing aims ultimately. At the same time the content should be eye-catchy and less complicated. All these are very important to be considered while content marketing as its scope is very high.
Though a wide variety of online and offline editing tools have been introduced in the market today, nothing can lessen down the importance and need of text editors. From editing a college essay, to writing long blocks of code, you can edit anything using a text editor.
Text editors are a dedicated program to open, view, and edit the plain text files and unlike the Word Processor, they do not add formatting to the texts. They are purely focused on editing plain texts. For example, if you are working on an Apple MacBook, the NotesApp can technically be regarded as your text editor on that system. If you are using a Windows-based computer, then a NotePad can be your basic text-editing program.
Now, before analyzing which text editor is better, let us first check out why text editors are so important?
The majority of features in all text editors are similar. Let us check some of them that are of immense advantage from a coder’s perspective:
· Like Word Processor, Text Editing software is easy-to-use and navigates easily.
· It has a ‘Find and Replace’ feature that helps you to change a single word in the whole file with a few clicks only.
· Cut, Copy, Paste feature is again similar to Word Processor.
· Unlike Word Processor, it can handle UTF-8 encoded text.
· Unlike Word Processor, it has a Syntax Highlighting feature that makes it easier to read code and pick up errors.
· It holds customizable appearance like modifying color schemes, font sizes, etc.
· It is scriptable and offers some plugin mechanism. It lets the programmer customize the editor with an additional feature.
Now, let us move to discuss the two premier Text Editing solutions available for all types of users.
1. Sublime Text
Sublime Text Editor though costs up to $80 for three years of span, but it also comes with a free trial. It works on all Mac, Linux, and Windows-based machines for business as well as personal usage. It is a proprietary cross-platform source code editor that comes with the Python application programming interface (API). It supports many programming and markup languages natively and allows the users to add functions community-built functions that are maintained under free-software licenses. The stable version 3.2.2 Build 3211 of this text editor is released on October 1, 2019.
2. Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code is a Microsoft produced source-code editor that works on Windows, Linux, and MacOS. It supports GitHub, embedded Git Control, debugging, snippets, intelligent code completion, syntax highlighting, and code refactoring features. The system is highly customizable and allows the users to change the keyboard shortcuts, theme, preferences, and install extensions that add additional functionality. It is a free and open-source text editing solution that has been released under MIT license.
Visual Studio Code can be used with a variety of programming languages. It is based on Electron – an open source framework that is used to deploy Node.js applications. The stable version 1.39.2 of the software has been released on October 16, 2019.
A small comparative analysis on this;
When Sublime Text is just a ‘text editor,’ Visual Studio Code is an exceptional Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Sublime Text is, though, an excellent framework that offers the quickest way to organize and write your code, it cannot debug the code. On the other hand, Visual Studio Code allows the programmers to both write and test code.
Sublime Text is best for beginners. It is quick and easy to write code and navigate throughout the interface. Visual Studio Code offers more hand-holding, but it is a perfect option for debugging functionality.
The above comparison is only based on few parameters. The best way to understand the software would be to download and give a try that seems suitable for your project.
Content Management strategy was introduced during the 1990s to organize and consolidate different pieces of content, i.e. text, graphics, and multimedia clips and tagging schemes. It started with Web 1.0 – a technique of managing static web content followed by Web 2.0 that simply signifies to dynamic content delivery and integration.
As the web moved from the static sites to interactive websites, the concept of keeping portions of a site separate from the main content like the site menu or footer, utilizing Server Side Includes (SSI) came into existence. Effective content management and delivery platforms started popping up, and many of them are commonly used by the developers today. Later on, during the 2000s, open-source CMSs and frameworks came into existence and soon started dominating the web for an effective content management. They also let the third-party developers add extensions and customizations.
Wordpress, Joomla, and Drupal are among the top three open-source CMS platforms that are in massive demand since a decade to create and deliver useful content architecture for a majority of web and app development companies and entrepreneurs. If I have to choose the best Content Management System to use for my blog and website, I shall quickly pick these three options, because they rule the market and are a developers choice always. So, let us discuss them separately, in brief, to know them better.
WordPress is a PHP and MySQL based open source content management system. It is one of the most awarding CMS platforms that include plugin architecture and a template system referred to as WordPress themes. This CMS is basically associated with blogging but has also evolved to support other types of web content, including popular forums, mailing lists, membership sites, media galleries, learning management systems, and online stores. The stable version 5.2.4 of the software has been released on October 14, 2019, under GPLv2 license.
Joomla is another free, open-source and cross-platform content management system that is used to publish web contents. It is based on a model-view-controller web application framework and uses software design patterns and object-oriented programming. Joomla is written in PHP, and stores data in MySQL, MS SQL, or PostgreSQL databases. It also includes features like blogs, search, RSS feeds, caching, new flashes, printable versions of pages, and offers multilingual support. The stable version 3.9.11 of the software was released on August 13, 2019, under GPLv2 license.
Drupal is another popular PHP-based free and open-source content management framework that is distributed as per GPLv2+. It operates on Unix and Windows-based operating systems. It provides back-end support to a large group of websites worldwide such as personal blogs, government sites, corporate and political websites etc. This framework is also used for business collaboration and knowledge management resources. The stable version 8.7.8 of Drupal has been released on October 2, 2019.
Now, let us compare all three of these popularly known CMS platforms as per their functionalities, features, and use cases.
Content Management systems allow the users to create full-scale, structured and functional websites without even learning to code. It means, when you are using a CMS, you do need to worry about how websites work.
Google reports that nearly half of the 1,518,207,412 websites online use a CMS. Some are based on open source CMS tools, whereas others are supported by all-inclusive SaaS solution.
Continuously evolving disruptive technologies will always bring frequent changes to the CMS playing field. AI and Machine Learning technologies are undoubtedly going to play a significant role in the future of content management.
Though choosing a CMS depends upon your business model, WordPress has been the ruler among all CMS platforms. It is a headless CMS that perfectly integrates with new technologies and applications and provides you with a long-lasting solution.