Mobile apps have impacted almost every industry. Due to this large number of mobile app development companies have sprung up in the market. Irrespective of the location, there are a few points that should be considered before partnering with a mobile app development company:
Listing out some of the best mobile app development companies in India:
Again listing out some of the outstanding mobile app developers in the United States:
All the companies mentioned here provide exceptional mobile app development services and solutions. The team of expert developers at these companies are well equipped with qualified and efficient mobile app developers.
To build the Diet based Mobile Application you have Industry experience or the co-founder must have experience.
The consumer industry has introduced a concept of ‘on-demand economy’ as an economic movement to meet the customer demands for goods and services with the immediate provision. Developing an on-demand app comes under the same category when we are talking about tech-companies and consumers.
When a request for an on-demand service app is raised, on-demand delivery software needs to interrupt as a mediator between a customer and a business. Just like Zomato does for food delivery, Airbnb for hotels, and Uber does for cabs. On-demand platforms allow users to offer whatever service they want and strive to deliver it in minutes. The app connects customers with different service providers by charging a fee as the platform charges.
Types of On-Demand Apps
1. Online taxi booking services like Uber, Ola, or Lyft
2. Food delivery services like UberEats, Grubhub, Instacart, Doordash, Swiggy, and Zomato
3. Home service apps like TaskRabbit, MerryMaids, and Thumbtack
4. Gifts and flowers delivery app like Gyft, UrbanStems, and Giftagram
5. Healthcare services app like IsDocin, Pager, or Doctor on Demand
On-demand apps offer a faster and very convenient procedure to reach a product or service.
Let’s check how these apps actually work:
1. A user request is placed at first.
2. App connects the user with a service provider.
3. The service provider checks the request and accepts it.
4. Authorized payment is processed from the user’s end.
5. The provider delivers the service.
6. The customer confirms and rates the delivery afterward.
7. The payment gets deducted.
Now, at the beginning of the on-demand app development process, you should essentially consider the MVP (minimal viable product) to analyze the customer feedback and gradually expand the functionality.
Here are some basic features that need to be implemented at the development stage:
· User-friendly and customized designs
· Push notifications
· Social networking integrations
· Flexibility in payment options
· The ability of tracking order and delivery status
Now comes the actual question, “How to design and develop an on-demand mobile app?” So, here comes the final checklist:
Step 1: Prepare a list of ideas related to features and functionalities that you want in the app. Choose a potential performer for app development or an experienced mobile app development company and cross-verify your ideas.
Step 2: Now, when you know the crucial features to integrate to your app, run a budget analysis. You can check for an alternative if it does not suit your budget.
Step 3: Start with the user-acceptance test to know what the actual difficulties are that a user will face while using the app. Let your users interact with your app for a while and then take the feedback. It will help you in improving.
Our experienced designers and app developers at Openxcell Technolabs can definitely help you with creating a scalable and cost-effective on-demand delivery app. Whether you choose to get a native app, a cross-platform app, or a web-based app, expert developers at Openxcell will provide you with all the solutions you need to make your app work profitably.
Information, sales, and leads are always crucial for a website. Social media marketing and email marketing add an added advantage to make it a perfect site.
A million websites are there in the world of online business. But the one that grabs your attention, wakes up your emotions, and provides you easily what you want is actually a good one.
So, the essence of obtaining a good website lies in making the credible, engaging, and professional online presence of your website. Here I am giving you some essential tips that will help you to build a reliable website for your business.
1. Your website should be well organized and follow a structure, instead of being cluttered. It should look clean and professional that makes it accessible and user-friendly to others.
2. Navigation should be simple. Visitors should find everything they need quickly and easily.
3. High-quality websites focus on the needs of their audience and not on what they are selling. Build original and quality based content to attract the visitors and invite them to get involved, and come back for more.
4. Include beautiful and contemporary designs to make your site look memorable. Your aim should be to build a site around a theme to match its market and personality.
5. Your website should be fully equipped with optimized graphics, videos, and audios so that it gets the necessary speed to load faster. Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) work more quickly in such cases.
6. Deprecated, outdated, messy, or wrong code can reduce the visibility of your website on popular search engines. Code is the foremost thing to which marketers and web designers look into a website to get it improved.
7. People scan a website more than reading it. The contrast between the test color, website background, hierarchy, proper usage of headings, and small blocks of text helps the visitors understand your website content better.
8. Implement SEO strategies to bring an audience to your website. It also helps in bringing potential customers that will appreciate you and pay for your products and services.
9. Have an insight on your website through metrics and site analysis. Good sites are always focussed on getting good website traffic and marketing efficacy.
10. Promote your website on other high-quality websites like Google Local, Yellow Pages, Yahoo! Local, LinkedIn, article sites, blogs, and magazines, etc.
Now, let’s come to the point why your business website needs a user-friendly design.
People always prefer to see a beautifully designed website instead of something plain and simple. Your website design will show how sharp your online marketing presence would be. Hence, understanding the importance of web design is important to build a better website for your business.
So, website design is outstanding because,
1. Good design sets the first impression on your audience when they visit your website. On the other hand, your audience will immediately have a negative impact if your website looks outdated or unappealing.
2. A good website design aids SEO strategy that further affects how search engine spiders crawl and index your website.
3. Your website’s design gives an impression of customer service to the visitors. If it is bright, modern, and inviting, your audience will feel more welcome.
4. People never trust a poorly designed website. They always want to see an appealing site with up-to-date information. If your site is attractive, it would be able to build trust with your audience.
5. The market is already going with the finely upgraded website designs, and your competitors are utilizing the best designs to attract their visitors. Hence, it would be best if you also emphasized having a well-designed website.
6. Good website design can help create consistency across your web page. The same fonts, styles, and layouts across all pages of your website will make it more consistent. It is useful for generating new leads and brand building.
So, if you are still away from having a well-designed and user-friendly website, get it developed soon. Re-designing will be beneficial if your site is too old and need an update. Contact a trusted and reputed web design company to establish your brand in the market successfully.
There’s a lot of confusion between UI and UX design. Some of us consider them to be one and the same. Nothing can be further from the truth because both are different as chalk and cheese.
Though they work closely with each other, they are two different disciplines altogether. While UX design is part technical and part analytical, UI design is more about graphic design.
Let’s dissect these two terms to clear the confusion about them:
UI Design in brief
UI means User Interface. It deals with the graphical layout of an application that a user interacts with. And this includes buttons that users click on, texts they read, image sliders, text entry fields, among many other things. It also includes screen layouts, interface animations, etc.
Put simply, all types of visual element, animation, or interaction are part of UI design. Even color schemes, button shapes, text font used, and more are part of UI.
In short, the look and feel of an application rest on the shoulders of UI designer. Being graphic designers, they are more concerned with the aesthetics part. More importantly, they must see that the application is interactive enough and is in keeping with the objective and personality of the app.
Plus, they need to make sure that every single visual element gels with the whole, both aesthetically, and in keeping with the app’s objective.
UX Design in brief
UX means user experience. A users’ experience depends on how easy or difficult the app is to interact with. If it’s smooth and intuitive, that means your app has a good UX design. On the other hand, if it’s confusing and leaving the users frustrated, which mean the apps’ UX has to be reworked.
User experience boils down to how users are interacting with UI elements.
So, in one sense, UX designers are mainly concerned with the UI, and this is why they find it difficult to separate the two. While UI designers are responsible for the look and feel of the UI, UX designers are in charge of seeing how the UI operates. In other words, the flow of the app is what UX is all about.
They help arrive at the structure of the interface and the functionality. How it’s to be put together and how one part of the UI should seamlessly flow into the other. To cut to the point, they decide how the interface works. If it works seamlessly, then users will have a pleasant experience. On the contrary, if the navigation proves complicated or unintuitive, then you are offering a lousy user experience.
Harmony between UX and UI
UI is more about the interface looks, while UX is how the interface works. Given that both teams work on UI, it’s crucial for them to work in harmony. Given that UX team works on the flow of the app, and that whether interface serves the info that users’ need, the UI, on the other hand, singularly focuses on how the interface elements appear on the screen. For instance, if a few more buttons need to be added to the app, UX team will rack their heads on the layout part of the buttons, while the UI team has to see how to change their design to accommodate the new layout.
The crux of it: UI design and UX design are two completely different things, but they do run into each other and are an integral part of your app’s success story. While UI is about the looks, UX is about UI interactions.
When users land on an app, the first thing they check is the ‘design of the app.’ The screens, the description, and the interface – make a user decide whether to download the app or not.
Yes, UI design plays a crucial role in the success of any digital project. Contemporary designers understand this very well, and so, they take all efforts to deliver the best product possible. Here, I am going to showcase some of the best design tools for mobile application designing that are loved by the designers and yield exceptional designs that are loved by the users.
This Microsoft and macOS compatible image editing software comes with a monthly cost of $9.99 and is one of the best and most excellent tools to design exceptional quality mobile applications. It has been the number one choice of the majority of designers for making simple web pages to complex mobile app designs. This tool can also be obtained as a trial version for seven days and allows the users to manage the graphics quality of their design precisely.
It is another popular tool for mobile app designing that works using the MacOS platform. This iOS-based design tool costs $99 per year and can also be obtained for a 30-day trial period. It is a modern tool that focuses on UX/UI designs and makes team collaborations with other designers easier. It has an extensive library and a lot of handy plug-ins to facilitate the users in building, updating, and sharing a single source for the given design component. The Sync Cloud feature supported by the software facilitates sharing styles and symbols across different documents easily.
Adobe After Effects
It is one of the best mobile interface design tools for Windows and macOS. It costs $19.99 per month and can be tested for a free trial period. This design tool is packed with many remarkable features like creating different kinds of animations, motion graphics, and even short movies. Choosing this tool assures that the design will fulfill the platform guidelines perfectly and will not have any usability issues. This tool also helps the designers in animation prototyping.
Adobe Illustrator is an extremely popular software used by the designers for creating mobile app UI. It is a Windows and macOS-based software that costs $29.99 per month and a 7-days free trial period. For a long time, this tool has been used as an industry-standard vector graphic application. Illustrator lets the designers make top-notch illustrations, sketches, typography, logos, and videos. It is also the most popular tool for mockup and UI prototyping.
Figma design tool is compatible with Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Edge. It costs from $12 to $45 per month, along with a free individual plan. It is a unique and browser-based design tool that is absolutely free from compatibility issues. Users can implement 60fps interactive editing using Figma software, and it allows them to scale their design for any screen. The intuitive pen tool is an additional benefit for the designers to create app UI designs and prototypes quite easily and quickly. The entire team can effortlessly share design styles and components using the team libraries feature.
Nowadays, it has become quite overwhelming to choose mobile UI designs when you have numerous options available online. The opportunities to create a perfect UI are limitless, and the process excites the designers a lot. So, whatever tool you choose, always consider the pros and cons related to it. Before finalizing a product, make sure it fits your project requirements. Here is no tool that can perform all the tasks perfectly, but there is always a good tool that can do every task as needed.
Professional designers at Openxcell Technolabs provide you best mobile app development solutions with absolute UX/UI designs that are appreciated all around the world. So, pay attention to design-details and enjoy having an ever-increasing customer-base using the best app design tools.
Are you ready to bite the bullet?
If you really want to upgrade your website, no doubt you have to focus on improving its design and structure for better user experience.
Believe me, users hardly take five seconds to decide whether to visit a website or not.
Of course, your old website might have served you well, but if you have decided for a revamp, it is always exciting to go with a rework. Your visitors would definitely be happier if you provide them a site with faster loading speed and great new features.
Here, I am going to describe how you can implement an attractive design structure for your old website so that it brings you better traffic and better conversions and that too, on the basis of latest trends so that you do not feel left behind from what is going on in the market.
But, first-of-all, take a quick view of what makes your design better:
When you are upgrading your website, you should take care of its appearance, functionalities, and the mode of communication associated with it. There are a lot of things that you should consider before rebuilding your site. For example,
1. Your entire website should be responsive and mobile-friendly. In fact, from 2015 Google has also started penalizing websites that are not mobile-friendly. On the other hand, a responsive design will help boosting higher SERPs and traffic to your website.
2. Your site should be easy-to-navigate. The best thing is to limit the number of items in the menu to seven, make labels to be more descriptive, and keep the navbar fixed. This will help you make your visitors stay to your website for longer than five seconds.
3. Page speed improvement for longer sessions and reducing bounce rate is important. Do not forget than a 2 seconds delay in loading page speed can abandon your customers from reaching your website by 87%.
4. Make call-to-action as an essential part of your website that can boost up to conversions by 32.5% if it is an orange button and 21% if it is a red button. Always make sure to use some actionable words in those buttons like learn, start, discover etc.
5. Always use white spaces for technical stuff or a visual hierarchy. This helps in increasing reader comprehension by 20% and increased user interaction, along with highlighting your CTAs quite easily and it makes the page looks better.
6. A picture speaks a thousand words. So, start using photos, GIFs, drawings, and videos in your website. Researches reveal that users spend 10% more time to view the images or pictures than reading texts. Hence, great visuals matter a lot for increasing visibility of your website.
7. Integrate social media accounts to your website to increase online presence of your website on different search engines. There are 3.5 billion social media users worldwide and 73% of the marketers believe that using social media marketing is effective for your website and business.
8. Colors matter a lot to enhance the visibility of your website among the visitors. Even a slightest color difference matter it is used sensibly. So, you can use the color theory efficiently on your entire website. For example, pick a dominant color and then choose some complementary colors to complete the color scheme perfectly.
9. Add custom illustrations to your website as they help in retaining your web visitors on the site and are a great piece of decoration too. Doodles are in trend these days. A combination of efforts from your in-house designer, and brand & marketing team will definitely work better.
10. Add motion and animation with intent to your website. It includes loading animation, hover, scrolling, background, and so on.
I hope the above-given points will help you improve your website design. So, considering them will definitely worth upgrading your website.
Today, people are immensely relying on smart-devices and technology for various reasons. In 2016, the 28% percentage of people were using smartphones all around the world, but now it is expected to touch 6.1 billion by the year 2020.
Mobile apps and easily accessible websites have become the primary information source for users from anywhere and anytime. Beyond information gathering and communication, smartphone experiences have become useful for many different services and features like placing food orders, banking, healthcare tracking, and shopping.
But designing an enjoyable and usable mobile experience is more important than anything else in this arena. Sometimes, the basic usability interface design principles help in triggering out positive reactions from the user. For example,
Top-10 UX and Design Principles for Mobile App Development
1. Content Prioritization
2. Target Size of Touchscreens
3. Navigation should be Intuitive
4. Text Content should be Legible
5. Provision for User Control
6. Clearly Visible Interface Elements
7. Minimize Load of Data Input
8. Hand Position Controls
9. Create a Seamless Experience
10. Design Testing
: Researches revealed that 8 seconds are enough to decide whether it is worth giving attention to something or not. I recommend you to keep the interface elements to the minimum while designing your products. Simple designs easily associate with the products and ensure enhanced user engagement.
Only essential contents and functionalities should be displayed. Small screens are consists of limited space and so, the secondary contents could be available through a menu. The menu list should be simple and not confusing, and icons should be used instead of text.
: Here, the important part of the design is to make interface elements sufficient enough to capture touch screen actions, but the challenge is to do it within the limited screen space.
According to the guidelines, the minimum target size of Apple’s iPhone Human Interface should be 44 pixels wide x 44 pixels tall.
In Windows phone, the touch target of a UI design must be of size 7mm/26px to 9mm/34px.
Not just the size of the target is important, but also the spacing between targets. Action buttons should not be too close to each other.
: Users should learn to navigate through your app. Pathways should be clear, and it should not take too much time and effort to discover how to browse through your product. Users would not accept switching between the pages and apps unwillingly. Complexities, in this way, may lead you to lose your users.
: Readability is the key to mobile topography. Your content should be readable, and your designs should be clean and communicating. A simple layout should deliver your message correctly.
Text font size should not be smaller than 16 pixels (or 11 points) and not much larger unnecessarily. It may result in awkward hyphenation and breaks and can take longer to read.
As per a good rule of thumb, ‘spacing and layout should be proper, and only 30–40 characters per line should be used in a mobile site.’
: Here, you allow your users to take decisions to personalize their journey. Control actions enable users to change settings, control notifications and cancel activities.
Users should know about the integration status and other types of feedback into your interface without any disturbance to the workflow. This provides users with a sense of freedom and transparency.
:There should be sufficient contrast between content and background in your designs, even during the sunlight. According to WC3’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, there is a certain recommended contrast ratio for images and texts that should be followed. Just test the text and background before presenting it to the final user.
: You should minimize the need to enter data in your designs as it is painful as well as annoying to read and type huge texts on small devices. Providing auto-complete, location detection, and recent search history functions help in reducing data entry requirements and accelerate the experience.
Keyboard variations should be displayed depending upon the required data. For example, a numeric keypad provides faster input for the phone numbers.
: While you are creating mobile controls, you should pay careful attention to the hand positions. Research indicates that 49% of people operate their mobile phones with just one thumb. Such kind of statistics is useful in establishing the design functions. For example, the ‘delete’ button is placed in a place that is harder to reach to avoid errors.
: Mobile designs should be functional, flexible, and responsive, and synchronization across devices is the key priority for seamless user experience.
Unnecessary friction, exaggerated steps, and page loading wastes a lot of time of the users. Hence, it is always better to focus on critical user goals like using a camera for scanning barcodes, GPS to identify locations and touch ID instead of the pass-codes.
: Test the design early and test it regularly. Usability testing makes your product successful in the market. It is always better to check different layouts, features, and variations of your designs, considering the user-centered approach in mind.
I hope the above-discussed points are enough to understand how important design principles are to follow for acquiring the maximum level of user satisfaction.
Now, here I am suggesting you the top-10 mobile app development frameworks that are expected to be highly adopted in the year 2020.
1. React Native
5. Corona SDK
6. Adobe PhoneGap
7. Mobile Angular UI
8. Native Scripts
9. Intel XDK
10. JQuery Mobile
Now, explore the variety of options for mobile app development frameworks given above and try getting the best customer experience using the trusted and tested design principles.