Please introduce your company and give a brief about your role within the company?
Axis web Art is a blend of high-end technology and creativity; the right mix you need to spur up your e-commerce growth in the long term. We have been empowering businesses to face global challenge since 2012 with our expertise in creating customer-centric eCommerce solution. We take care of end to end solution for clients including Web Hosting, Design, UI, UX, Development, E-commerce solution, Content development and management, Search engine optimization, Social Media Marketing, Digital Branding. Our focus is on timely, quality delivery, and we have been doing it consistently.
I am the Co-Founder of Axis Web Art. I am an expert e-commerce consultant with 10+ years of experience working with high-end e-commerce solutions for large scale clients.
Mention the objectives or the parameters critical in determining the time frame of developing an ecommerce app.
The timeframe of an eCommerce app is mostly dependent on two things -
• Customization required on top of standard eCommerce features.
• Platform of the application. In case of platforms like Magneto or Shopify, etc., the time frame is almost half compared to custom eCommerce app developed from scratch.
How much effort in terms of time goes into developing the front end and back end of an ecommerce app?
In case of a standard eCommerce app developed with a platform like Magento or Shopify etc., its 80% frontend and 20% backend. For a custom app developed from scratch its almost 35% frontend and 65% backend.
What is your company’s business model–in house team or third party vendors/outsourcing?
We have our own team of experts covering all aspects of Ecommerce Application Development and Digital Marketing. We also hire expertise from outside on the need basis.
How is your business model beneficial from a value addition perspective to the clients compared to other companies' models?
The in-house expertise means a greater control on delivery quality and project deadline.
What industries do you cater to? Are your clients repetitive?
We cater to all e-commerce related requirements across industries. The major business comes from consumer durables, market place models, etc.
What are the key parameters to be considered before selecting the right platform for an ecommerce application?
1) Required application features - Every platform comes with a set of inbuilt features. We match the features required in eCommerce application against the features available on the platform by default. We choose the platform covering the most features.
2) Complexity of custom features required - If an eCommerce application requires complex custom features, we suggest a self-hosted platform like Magento where we have more control over the codebase to carry out all the customization required. We go for a platform like Shopify, BigCommerce or Volusion where the application doesn’t demand too much customization.
3) Timeline & Budget - platform selection also depends on the timeline and client budget. If timelines are tight, platforms like Shopify & BigCommerce are our go-to platforms where deployment and server setup is not required. The budget also impacts platform selection. A platform like Magento requires more time and resource investment compared to Shopify or BigCommerce. So where the client’s budget is on the lower side, we suggest Shopify or BigCommerce.
Which platform do you suggest your clients to begin with when they approach you with an idea (Magento, Shopify, Bigcommerce etc) and why?
It depends on the project requirements. We first understand the requirement of the client and then suggest the best platform.
Which Content Management System do you prefer to use (Wordpress, Jumla, Drupal etc)?
In 99% of cases, it is Wordpress.
What are the key factors that you consider before deciding the cost of an ecommerce application?
Key factors are: Required features & Platform
What kind of payment structure do you follow to bill your clients? Is it Pay per Feature, Fixed Cost, Pay per Milestone (could be in phases, months, versions etc.)
We are flexible, according to the client. We suggest all possible options and the client can choose whichever option is suitable for them.
Do you take in projects which meet your basic budget requirement? If yes, what is the minimum requirement? If no, on what minimum budget you have worked for?
We have no minimum set, but we generally look for a project having a minimum budget of around $2000.
What is the price range (min and max) of the projects that you catered to in 2018?
The price range of the projects we catered in 2018 was:
What do you think is the future of the ecommerce industry?
The e-commerce industry is heading for a challenging time. On one hand, it offers great growth prospects ($200 Bn by 2021 with a CAGR of 32%), but the deep discount model also makes it difficult to start-ups to survive in a competitive market. To become successful entrepreneurs need to look beyond discounts; quality and customer focus are two important areas. Logistical challenges will take some time to resolve; that’s why Phygital and Hyperlocal models are gaining traction.
Kindly share your feedback on how GoodFirms has been doing so far in increasing your visibility among potential clients.
GoodFirms has been playing an important role since last one and half year. It has helped us in two ways -
1) Increasing visibility - In many relevant service verticals, our listing has been in top 20 positions consistently, and that has helped us generate visibility and leads.
2) Trust & Credibility - We have been collecting reviews via email and publishing on our website and social channels. However, when reviews are collected by a third-party platform, they become more trustworthy and authentic. Reviews on our GoodFirms profile has helped us convert more leads.