Please introduce your company and give a brief about your role within the company?
Consagous is the fastest growing Software Outsourcing company based in India & U.S.A. The company provides end-to-end delivery of Technology Solutions to companies of all sizes, from startups to global corporations and offers bespoke software, mobile, and web application development consulting. Consagous has a benchmark in crafting exceptional services in strategy, user experience, design, and full-stack engineering to bring brilliant digital ideas into life.
We specialize in creating native Android, iOS applications as well as using cross-platform tools like React Native and Xamarin and cutting-edge scripting languages including AngularJS, Node.js. We are known to have acute finesse in areas of SaaS technologies like Salesforce & cloud computing. Our different capability enables us to pick the ideal innovation blend that best suits our customers' needs.
The organization began in 2008 by meand involves 150+ representatives at present.
As a Chairman & Managing Director at Consagous Technologies, I am responsible for making corporate decisions and I make sure that each of the employees working here is empowered with the right resources, right team, encouraging them to build cutting-edge creations as and how the client’s requirement.
What was the idea behind starting this organization?
Our mission is to help business owners drive measurable growth by building software solutions and apps that integrate within their business processes. We focus on bridging the gap between the client's business model and their customers with cost-friendly technology. We offer experienced teams that work dedicatedly on the client’s project that understands your vision, your business concept, competition, and fits within the Client’s budget.
What are your company’s business model–in house team or third party vendors/ outsourcing?
Our business model is strictly in-house, consisting of a staff of over 150+ professionals adroit in their areas of work. For each process of project development and project management, we have a solely dedicated team of skilled resources and make sure no work at all is mixed up. Each task is assigned to the appropriate person.
We work on a model of:
Research, Concept, Develop, Test & Launch
How is your business model beneficial from a value addition perspective to the clients compared to other companies' models?
With so many app developments and IT project management companies out there, it won’t be right to claim that we are the best. But yes, we hold the exception that delivers value to clients and their customers:
Why makes us different?
- End-User Empathy: Our people are the cornerstones of our business. Individual dignity is respected and is given prime importance in the organization.
- Intelligent software solutions: We try to achieve greater business outcomes with in-built intelligence and prescriptive guidance which is delivered by our highly experienced team
- Unified Solutions: Consagous enable people to do their best work by unifying relationships, processes, and data with comprehensive business applications.
- Affordable Price: Cost-competitiveness and reliable software development services enable organizations to procure comprehensive and scalable solutions!
- High Adaptability: We believe in nurturing the relationship with our clients so that we can understand their requirements more specifically.
- Long-term Relationship Approach: We strive hard to come forth with quality solutions and services so that 100 % customer satisfaction is achieved.
- World-Class Quality: We meet world-class development standards by delivering highly functional IT solutions that can be easily integrated into your business ecosystem.
- Striving Hard to meet Deadlines: Our passionate and skilled team is very focused and dedicated to delivering advanced products within specified deadlines.
- Latest Technological Advancement: Our team offers result-oriented solutions and services with appropriate resources that match our client’s requirements.
- Next-Generation Applications: Consagous helps drive business results to the next-generation through multi-channel applications that infuse sophisticated technology.
- A Team of Certified Experts: Our passionate team has in-depth expertise in relevant domains and is best suited to work on projects involving a high level of complexity.
What industries do you generally cater to? Are your customers repetitive? If yes, what ratio of clients has been repetitive to you?
We’re an internationally renowned software development company that designs, develops, and deploys custom IT solutions for various industries. We try to make impactful applications leveraging the latest technology. The industries we cater to are:
- Social Media
Mention the objectives or the parameters critical in determining the time frame of developing a mobile app.
Each day thousands of mobile apps are published to the Google Play and Apple App Stores. Some of these mobile apps are games, others are social networks, and many are ecommerce apps. All of these apps, if professionally built, must follow a similar mobile app development process. At Consagous, we have built over 350+ mobile applications for our prestigious clients.
We believe each app is different and our methodologies are always evolving, but this is a fairly standard process when developing mobile apps.Complexity, Size and Relevant experience of the project are the key parameters critical in determining the time frame of the mobile application.
How much effort in terms of time goes into developing the front end and back end of a mobile app?
There’s no exact answer to that. It totally depends on the type, scale, and scope of your mobile application. If it’s just a single module application and you work really hard you can build it in a week or two, and if the mobile application has more features then it may take more time.
- 1.5 – 2 months for small projects
- 3 -5 months for midsize projects
- 6 – 12 months for large-scale projects
The highly experienced and passionate team of Consagous is endowed with the capability of designing breakthrough mobile apps that improvise brand repute, boost the performance indicators and escalate the sales incredibly. We deliver you exceptional apps which are an adequate mixture of creativity and profitability.
What are the key parameters to be considered before selecting the right platform for a mobile application?
We, at Consagous, follow the below-mentioned pointers while selecting the right platform for a mobile application;
- Target Audience
- User behavior
- The cost of development
- Devices you need to support
- Additional costs related to programming
- User expectations
Which platform do you suggest your clients begin with when they approach you with an idea (Android or iOS) and why?
Clients today are smart with technical acumen. They approach us with prior research on what kind of app they want to build, on what platform and with what features. They are very clear about their choices and preferences. They know whether they want, an Android or iOS app. Speaking of which, our team assists them further with the right overall approach that will be suitable for their project and help them achieve their end goal. Based on the product itself, the budget and the time frame suggested by the client, our team of Project Managers, designers and developers suggest the best feasible solutions that are capable of providing maximum visibility on mobile screens and generating high revenue and profits.
Both technologies are excellent and in many of our projects, we have observed that the clients who come to us for getting an Android app built in the first place do visit us again for an iPhone app after two months or so.
Clearly, the market shares of both Android and iPhone are at its peak; only the first and second positions keep swapping, which means that having a mobile app for both operating systems is a major demand for every business in every industry.
Android or iOS, Native or Hybrid — which platform is best to use to build your app? What are your recommendations?
Each hybrid, as well as native mobile apps, have their advantages and disadvantages. It is upon the client to choose between the hybrid and native approach for mobile app development. The native UI allows users to learn the app quickly. Moreover, it is much easier to discover these apps in the app store. These apps help in access to various other supporting software such as GPS, location, calendar. Overall, the mobile apps developed using the native approach offers a better user experience.
The mobile apps developed using the hybrid approach, on the other hand, is portable with one code base being used in multiple platforms. These apps can access various hardware and software using plugins. These apps offer cheaper organization costs and offer a faster launch to the market. While both these approaches have their own pros and cons, the client requirement and the expertise of the mobile app developerstake the final call.
In my perspective, Native applications have the best performance, highest security, and best user experience. However, the most important thing is user experience not the development approach that developers prefer.
Whether we use an ionic or hybrid or native approach, each development method has its own advantages but overall native apps have the best performance and security.
What are the key factors that you consider before deciding the cost of a mobile application?
The mobile app development services include all aspects ranging from app development to deployment, and modification to marketing. We at consagous consider the below-mentioned parameters while determining the app development costing;
- Operating systems
- Content management system
- External Services
- Server Costs
- User Authentication
- Integration with Systems
- Customized Add-ons
What kind of payment structure do you follow to bill your clients? Is it Pay per Feature, Fixed Cost, Pay per Milestone (could be in phases, months, versions, etc.)
It varies as per agreement with the clients. Generally, we have 3 pre-defined models; the client can pick any of them.
- Fixed price model- In this model, we provide a fixed fee and a timeline for a particular project. This is based on a defined scope of work i.e. scenarios where the project requirements are crystal clear.
- Time and material model - In this model, we will deploy 1 or more team members in projects on an hourly basis. We typically invoice clients on a monthly basis for all the services provided. In order to keep track of the number of man-hours spent on various aspects of the project, weekly and monthly (consolidated) timesheet are sent to the clients. From the client's perspective, this kind of working model gives total control of the project to the client without any need of defining project scope or requirements.
- Dedicated model - In this model, we deploy a dedicated resource/team based on the needs and requirements of clients. As a client, project requirements may expand or contract with time. This model gives the client, complete flexibility of scaling up the team or reducing the size depending on the situation of the project and various other business dynamics. Usually, invoicing in this kind of model can be done right at the start of a month or can also be done at the end, depending upon the kind of team deployed for that particular month.
Do you take in projects which meet your basic budget requirement? If yes, what is the minimum requirement? If no, on what minimum budget you have worked for?
Yes, of course. Since we manage our own in-house process, we do have basic budget requirements. For us, a minimum fixed budget quote must range between $15,000- $20,000 for mobile app development, which may go beyond based on the client’s requirement changes and technology used while for web design, it must be $5,000 at least.
At the same time, if we find an app idea to be interesting (something we haven’t done ever before and can be a valuable addition to our portfolio) and we identify that little shift from our payments policies won’t disturb our expenses, we definitely move ahead by discussing the project with the client.
What is the price range (min and max) of the projects that you catered to in 2018?
The minimum was around US$5000, and the maximum was US$150000. Also, we help startups and always try to meet their budgets. Still, it completely depends on their business/project requirements.
Which business model do you suggest to your clients enabling them to generate revenue from mobile applications? Why?
This made me recollect a beautifully compiled and drafted informative blog on types of business models that I authored a few months back. Out of all these models, I personally recommend 3 models which are highlighted with reasons below:
- Advertising, because it gives your app the deserved footage and is a perfect way to generate revenue that grows exponentially over time.
- E-commerce, because it is the source of dual revenue from the manufacturer as well as the buyer.
- Selling Data, because holding valued information and banking upon its relevance is a smart and quick way to see the ninth cloud.
Kindly share your feedback on how GoodFirms has been doing so far in increasing your visibility among potential clients.
I think GoodFirms is an innovative platform that helps businesses and entrepreneurs to discover high-quality software development services, and we're proud to be part of it and are pleased with the visibility and the kind of response we have received through GoodFirms. We are working forward to attaining better ranking on your platform so that it will help us to reach more potential clients.