Learn how we helped to achieve time to market and production cost effectiveness improvements in software development business value together with our client from the Travel and Hospitality domain by introducing senior software engineers, AWS knowledge, DevOps culture, and mentoring.
- Introducing 5 people to 3 teams consisting of Senior Software Engineers.
- Our team covered architecture, development, testing, DevOps, monitoring and AWS infrastructure.
- Stable progress for more than a year with constant improvements introduced to the whole SDLC.
- Our engineers were responsible for cost-optimization of the AWS infrastructure, introducing monitoring, migrating JVM-based microservice architecture from Amazon ECS to Kubernetes managed on AWS.
Global market leader providing end-to-end tech and data-driven business travel solutions. It simplifies corporate business traveling for customers like Apple, Tesla, Volkswagen, Google, Amazon, Alibaba, Siemens, Worldbank to name a few.
Recruiting, on-boarding, and training adequate IT specialists was a hard to achieve, time-consuming and costly process, and our client needed a much faster solution to support their services with minimum disruption. Ambitious business goals required much more diversified skills (DevOps with battle-tested experience in (Cloud Computing*, in particular, Amazon Web Services), which makes recruitment and on-boarding even more difficult.
Pattern Match has provided specialists who knew each other and worked together well, and the team did not require training, since the provided candidates already had experience in the domain of both client’s business and the wider travel and hospitality industry, thanks to our other work in the sector.
We also possessed the technical knowledge required and knew the technical stack used at our client’s company. We were able to cooperate successfully with the client’s team, since we have been working on one backlog with their Berlin-based employees.
Our team has helped to maintain the continuity of the client’s services through the minimized impact of individual incidents thanks to fast response and resolution times. Since the beginning of our development service, the client has seen steady and stable progress of the delivered features and enhanced knowledge sharing across the teams.
- Design and architecting JVM-based systems in serverless approach from domains of Travel, Hospitality, eCommerce, and Public Transport.
- Implementing back-end systems in Java 8 - 11 and Kotlin, with a strong emphasis on serverless environment,
- Expertise in applying Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Axon, and Micronaut frameworks in alignment with the serverless approach,
- Experience with performant and scalable integration with services available on the AWS platform,
- Performance and Cost Optimization of existing and greenfield systems,
- Security, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting.
All this meant that only a small effort from our client was needed to have the senior development team up and running.
Having an outsourced team means that our client has extended its capabilities as a company. They also can focus on their company growth and business development with no need to worry about scaling up or down resourcing (e.g., people leaving or being off), as this is dealt with by Pattern Match.