Please introduce your company and give a brief about your role within the company?
YapApp is 360-degree solution providers having a talented team of Developers, Digital Marketers, Customer support Executives. As a team, we serve as your additional support like your virtual back office.
We are into following business verticals
Web Development:- We develop innovative and responsive websites that encourage audience interaction to drive maximum business value
• Web Design - Creating ingenious, intuitive and beautiful UX/UI’s for all your web and marketing assets
• App Development - Custom ecommerce application development using latest, robust, and user-friendly approach.
• Digital Marketing - Streamlining your marketing strategies to maximize revenue in an agile, offshore model.
• Customer Support Executives - Streamlining your backend office works, including data-entry, customer support, user training in a robust, effective, and scalable manner.
As a CEO of YapApp, my role is to establish the organization as a center of excellence by providing cross-functional leadership and enhancing client value proposition with custom eCommerce website development and digital marketing solutions. Working with multiple stakeholders and making contributions towards Strengthening Operational Capabilities, driving business expansion, achieve service excellence, and offered a complete solution to the clients. Below are some of the Roles and responsibilities.
• Work and Communicate on behalf of the company with shareholders, external entities, and the public.
• Leading the execution of the company’s short and long-term strategies.
• Creating and implementing the company’s vision and mission.
• Evaluating the work of other executive leaders within the company.
• Remaining aware of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
• Ensuring that the company maintains high social responsibility wherever it does business. • Continuously Assessing risks to the company and ensuring they a rare minimized monitored.
• Setting strategic goals.
What was the idea behind starting this organization?
The Idea for starting YapApp India Pvt. Ltd., the leading mobile app & web development company, was to work on company’s products of its parent companies as well provide one-stop service for creating Software and Website. We always aimed to provide all the facilities to clients starting from Maturing Concept, determining viability of product, Defining Monetisation strategy, Marketing Strategy, Wireframing MVP, Workflow, UI Designs, High- Level Technical design, MVP Development, Testing, Beta, Deployment, Upload, Digital marketing, iterate to create increment product and Maintenance.
What are your company’s business model–in house team or third party vendors/ outsourcing?
We believe it always makes sense to work upon the core of the product rather than reinventing the wheel. If a product is to be built, it is always advised to develop core functionality and leveraging services of industries for other aspects.
How is your business model beneficial from a value addition perspective to the clients compared to other companies' models?
We believe in Agile Methodology of project development as well we tend to guide our client how they should go-ahead in developing product defining various aspects of the product, market strategy, defining monetization strategy, maturing concept and defining an iterative product.
What industries do you generally cater to? Are your customers repetitive? If yes, what ratio of clients has been repeated to you?
Following our unique approach towards identifying innovative ideas for business development and utilizing best B2B marketing ideas, most of our work is from repeat customers (60 to 70 %) as we have helped them with the new product development process. We have worked in below given industries
2. Service App/websites
3. Financial product
4. Social Networking products
5. Live streaming
Mention the objectives or the parameters critical in determining the time frame of developing a mobile app.
Below are the parameters determining the time frame of developing mobile App
• UI & User Experience
• Custom App
• Features Required
• App Complexity
• Launch OS / Devices
• 3rd Party Integrations
• App Security
• Resource Availability
How much effort in terms of time goes into developing the front end and back end of a mobile app?
The Effort for developing front end and backend solely depends upon the features, designs and Animation requirement for performing a given activity. There are many applications which UI are intensive like application with a lot of forms or a lot of animation or custom UI implementation.
There are many applications which take more effort on the backend like Video Streaming Apps, apps rich in business logic to be captured from the backend. It’s just not front-end and back-end, but there below mentioned phases as well, which are critical for successful product development:
• Maturing Concept
• Determining the viability of a product
• Defining Monetization strategy
• Marketing Strategy
• Wireframing MVP
• UI Designs
• High-Level Technical design
• MVP Development
• Iterate to create increment product
In addition to opting for the complete package, clients can also hire iOS developer to complete the projects on deadline.
What are the key parameters to be considered before selecting the right platform for a mobile application?
UI & Animation
• Access to specific hardware
o Video/audio processing
o Advanced network access o Maps integration
• Integration with CRM, ERP
Which platform do you suggest your clients begin with when they approach you with an idea (Android or iOS) and why?
Platform to launch depends upon the region which clients would like to target. For example, if they would like to focus the USA or Australia, indeed they should prefer to hire an iOS developer to create an iOS app for a particular region. For regions like India, Singapore, etc., we suggest developing on Android phones first.
Android or iOS, Native or Hybrid — which platform is best to use to build your app? What are your recommendations?
Whether to use Native platform or Hybrid platform depends on below-given criteria:
a. What are the target platforms?
b. Go to market strategy for the product
c. Device feature that is part of feature list
d. The User interface to be developed
We usually recommend clients to use Native platform because of their reliability, extensibility, and maintainability but depending upon the above criteria’s; we let the clients know which methodology would best suit his requirement.
What are the key factors that you consider before deciding the cost of a mobile application?
As a top eCommerce app development company, we follow the scope of work which defines functional and non-functional requirements along with acceptance criteria govern the cost of a mobile application.
What kind of payment structure do you follow to bill your clients? Is it Pay per Feature, Fixed Cost, Pay per Milestone (could be in phases, months, versions, etc.)
As we are following Agile project development methodology, so payment is usually associate on a milestone basis. We have few clients who have a technical team at their end as well, so for them, we bill on a weekly, Biweekly, or monthly basis.
Do you take in projects which meet your essential budget requirement? If yes, what is the minimum requirement? If no, on what minimum budget you have worked for?
We do not have any minimum budget while taking a project; project requirements are initially discussed and estimated. In line with the estimated budget of the project or work is defined.
What is the price range (min and max) of the projects that you catered to in 2018?
In 2018 we built project in a range of $1000 - $2,20,000. Most of the projects are a progressive project which starts from primary POC to developing MVP and graduating to a Full-fledged project, after that, maintaining the project. We believe Agile is the ideal methodology to develop a product which is being practiced in all of our projects, whether that comes for POC, MVP, or Full fledge product development.
Which business model do you suggest to your clients, enabling them to generate revenue from mobile applications? Why?
I would suggest a Freemium model of generating Revenue from the mobile application. In this model, the app is provided free, which increases application reach tremendously, but other avenues of making money are embedded into the application. Below are few of how Freemium application generate money -
1. Subscription / In-App Purchase: Depending upon the application subscription can be added corresponding to a feature which enables to create repetitive income.
2. Native Ads: Adding native advertisements within the app is one of the smart ideas of mobile application monetization. Native Ads are smartly placed with the app, ensuring that any of the Ads do not hinder the app usability.
3. Adding Virtual Coins: Making Application more engaging by adding virtual coins using which user can utilize the premium feature of the application. Also, enable a user to buy these virtual coins using In-app purchase.
Kindly share your feedback on how GoodFirms has been doing so far in increasing your visibility among potential clients.
We have recently got associated with GoodFirms, and things are turning up quite well. I thank GoodFirms for providing a platform where companies are positioned by quality in deliveries and productivity.