Top Web Development Companies
Looking for the best web development company? Here is top web developers list with reviews that provide custom website development services for your projects. Web development is the most crucial key steps in managing a successful online presence. But there are the plethora of website design and web development companies on the Internet claiming to provide best web development services. This makes it incredibly challenging for web service seekers to find a reliable web developer. GoodFirms discovered leading website creation companies using its proprietary research methodology to help potential web development clients find the best development services. Explore the below list of top web development firms that can deliver incredible website solutions:
List of Web Development Companies | Best Web Developers
- What are the Benefits of Having a Website for a Business?
- Web Design vs. Web Development: How Different Are They?
- Why Should You Outsource to Web Development Company?
- What Are the Different Kinds of Web Developers We Can Find in the Industry?
- How to Choose the Ideal Web Development Language?
- How Much Does It Cost to Build a Website?
- What Are the Skills Required in a Web Developer?
- What Questions to Ask the Web Development Agency Before Striking a Deal?
- Do They Offer Post-Launch Security and Support?
- GoodFirms Research Process
The Internet revolution has probed countless consumers to research and compare service providers and products online prior to making a purchase decision. This has created urgency in businesses to develop a robust online presence. The best way to achieve this is to have a professionally designed website that is aesthetically pleasing, easy-to-navigate, and secured.
- Greater Exposure: A well-outlined site can help the brand attract and retain a higher number of customers. Since the site is available 24x7, 365 days, it acts as a business advocate for the prospects even outside of office hours. It also allows customers from across the world to connect with the brand, overcoming any geographical limitations.
- Brand Credibility: First impressions count! A website that is quick, responsive and answers to the queries of the clients instantly boosts the credibility of the company. The professional image built over the site also separates the brand from its competitors. Additionally, customers tend to trust businesses that have a website more than labels without one!
- Creates Measurable Results: A site enables you to track the number of visitors and their exact location, which equips you with the knowledge of the target demographics. It also helps you determine the conversion rate by registering the ratio of the number of inquiries generated and the total number of visitors. With this information, businesses can implement various strategies to boost sales.
Apart from the above benefits, different types of websites serve different purposes based on the product and the intended audience. To accurately achieve these benefits, a brand must have a commanding web presence. The top web development companies can help simplify this task!
In this technological day and age, the terms "web development" and "web designing" are virtually interchangeable. However, the services offered by web design and development service providers form two radically different components of the website building technique. Web designers and web developers must possess unique skill-sets to upgrade the appearance and functionality of the site.
- Web Design: To build the layout and usability of the website, the top web designers employ various design applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Coreldraw, Dreamweaver, Frontpage, etc. Their primary responsibility is to develop an aesthetically pleasing site by focusing on the placement of the buttons, finding ideal font style and color palette, maintaining visual and navigational consistency, etc.
Web developers adopt a logical approach, whereas web designers embrace the creative concept of site creation. Certain web development service providers offer decent designing solutions to boost the appeal of the site at an added cost. Still, to create a remarkable site, brands must give equal significance to hiring top web design companies.
- Saves Time and Money: The services that the top web development companies offer, save crucial time. The expert web application development companies are thorough in the structure of CSS, HTML, and other web development languages and, thus, can implement the concept in a better manner. Moreover, it is more cost-effective to hire web developers than building an in-house team as it eliminates additional infrastructure and staffing expenses.
- Search Engine Optimization: The success of a website depends on its visibility amongst prospects. A website that ranks higher on search engine result pages is more likely to generate traffic than its competitors in the industry. This feat is determined by search engine optimization. The professional web developers for hire employ the right set of web development tools to ensure the site is SEO friendly.
- Website Compatibility: Prospects prefer visiting sites that are responsive across different browsers. The best web application development companies ensure the user-friendliness of the website by making it compatible among multiple browsers as well as various devices. The web development framework specialists can effectively use different testing tools to ensure cross-browser compatibility in sites.
- Competitiveness: A professional web development team is up-to-date with the changing trends and technologies in the market. They can easily build a platform that gives a constant fight to competing businesses. The top web development services providers further ensure that the website is appealing to the viewers and offers easy to use functionality.
- Support: At times, the website might suffer inevitable setbacks after the website is live. To tackle this, most web development companies offer additional support during and after the formation of the site. Whether there is a need to change the designing of the web pages or its structure, hiring web developers simplifies the task.
There are three fundamental types of web app developers: Front end web developers, Back end web developers, and Full-stack developers.
- Front End: The front end developers are accountable for everything that the visitor sees while navigating the site, such as the fonts, colors, dropdown menus, sliders, etc. The chief focus of the Front end developer is to enhance the look and feel of the website while discerning its behavior in different contexts.
- Back End: Back end development typically refers to the workings of the site on the server, which is also known as “server-side.” The back end includes a server, an application, and a database. It is a crucial part while developing a dynamic web application as it constantly communicates with the front end, transmitting data that is displayed on the web page.
- Full Stack: Full Stack web development is the unification of both the front end development and back end web development. Full-stack developers can responsibly handle the front end, back end, databases, servers, systems engineering, as well as debugging of the web application.
A Full-stack developer must be adept in front end and back end languages and web development frameworks along with the knowledge of basic algorithms, database and server technologies, and fundamental designing ability. The most Popular Stacks are:
MEAN Stack: MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, and Node.js.
MERN Stack: MongoDB, Express, ReactJS, and Node.js
Django Stack: Django, Python, and MySQL as Database.
Rails or Ruby on Rails: Uses Ruby, PHP, and MySQL.
LAMP Stack: Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
There is a wide range of web development languages available in the industry. This can make it challenging to select the ideal language platform for the site.
However, there are certain factors based on which the best language for web app development can be selected.
- Targeted Platform – Since not all web development languages are competent in working on every type of platform, it is vital to consider the platform where the program is intended to run. To illustrate, for a program to run on Windows and Linux based systems, the codes must be written in C language.
- Flexibility and Performance – The language selected must be flexible enough to permit the computing of additional features or programs. Moreover, it must be efficient to make the language function fast.
- Project Size – Based on the requirement of the project, clients must opt for the language that can assist the cause. Most web developers opt for languages that offer vast libraries to tackle coding obstacles.
- Tool support – Finally, opt for a tool-oriented language for web development, that incorporates many elements and offers a straightforward approach to editing and controlling the work.
The total cost of developing a website depends on numerous factors, such as Page Volume, Custom Images and Graphics, Site Layout, Additional Services, and several others.
Size of the Project
- A simple website either includes straightforward functions or is a static one-page site. Such websites only require a domain name and web hosting services. A domain name costs typically around $15 per year while web hosting about $96 annually ($8 per month.) Collectively, starting a site will cost somewhere between $120-$300.
- A medium website includes basic features such as catalogs of the products offered by the company, contact and quotation forms, search function, social media integrations, responsive design, etc. According to GoodFirms’ web design research, websites created with core functionalities generally costs between $1000-$6000. This depends on the number of pages, additional plugins, and other such highlights offered.
- Corporate Websites are rich in features and are usually custom-built depending on the requirements of the clients. These projects can go as high as $25000 to $30000 as they mainly rely on the coding of the site to function properly. These sites also offer a large database to accumulate extensive data relayed by the visitors.
Experience & Location
The years of experience and the location of the web developer plays a significant role in determining the cost of the web development process.
- An experienced website designer from developed countries such as the USA, Canada, the UK, etc. will charge around $80 - $200/hour, whereas, a developer based in developing countries, such as the Philippines, India, Ukraine, etc. will deliver the project in $35 - $75/hour.
- Contrarily, a lower-end developer located in developed countries will work at $30 - $80/hour, while the developer from developing countries will charge somewhere between $20 - $25/hour for the same project.
Most web app development companies customarily allow a set number of design revisions included in the package. However, if more changes are required, the client might need to pay a surplus amount over the previously agreed price. If a company is solely looking for updates in the design of an existing site, the charges can be as follows:
- For repairing of existing plugins or code issues, the developer charges around $30 - $550.
- Meanwhile, creating custom sliders, small widgets, accordions, etc., it could cost an average of $500.
Most freelance web developers and web development agencies can be hired either on an hourly basis or a fixed price per-project basis. The decision about which payment model to opt for depends on the project length. It is imperative that companies analyze and compare different web development services providers and their quotations to find out the ideal partner.
While exploring different web development companies, it can be laborious to discern the qualified candidate from the numerous web developers in the market. To save you this hassle lookout for the following web development skills while hiring the ideal service provider:
- Frameworks: Frameworks simplify the task of coding by providing lists of standard functionality. The website developer should not only have experience with different frameworks but also must be capable of choosing the right framework while building a specific type of website. For instance, to design complex user interfaces, JS frameworks are excellent.
- Testing: An expert web developer must be adept in testing for bugs during and after the deployment of the site. Inquire whether the developer is thorough in multiple testing methods such as Functional Testing, Unit Testing, etc. to ensure a glitch-free web development framework.
- Analytics: Apart from developing a highly functional website, a developer possessing sound analytical skills boosts the chances of the site generating massive profits. The developer must possess an in-depth understanding of the industry, competitors, and target audience to curate a site that fulfills its objective.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization is the driving factor behind modern-day marketing. Hire web developers having in-depth fundamental SEO skills such as page upload speed, domain credibility, and keyword content. This will help improve the ranking of the website on SERPs, allowing prospects to find the brand.
Before collaborating with a web development company, it is vital to address specific queries to ensure a smooth and straightforward web development process.
1. How Much Time Does It Take to Create a Website?
The timeframe for completing a web development project depends on the complexity and characteristics of the website. A single page site can take a few hours or days to complete. Whereas, a complex website, comprising of multiple webpages, elaborate features, plugins, and such, could take somewhere between a couple of weeks to several months to complete.
2. Which Web Development Methodology is Utilized?
The web development process adopted by the company determines the success or failure of the project. The two most prevalent strategies are the Waterfall method and the Agile method.
Waterfall is a traditional approach that follows a linear development pattern where each segment is coded in a sequential format. The transition from one plane to another occurs only once the previous stage is completed. For its successful implementation, formalized documentation is requisite. This makes the waterfall technique a better option for short-term projects.
Contrarily, Agile follows an incremental and iterative approach. This process accommodates frequent changes throughout the development phase. Agile methodology mostly ignores documentation and considers a working prototype as a foundation for the user's assessment and feedback.
3. Which Technologies and Frameworks Are Used?
In the ever-growing tech realm, the top web developers for hire stay up-to-date with the latest technologies to ensure the final product developed is future-ready. Web development firms must utilize techniques that collaborate with each element of the designing and development phase. This includes incorporating web development languages that can support the front end development, back end development as well as offer efficient the framework for the website. An exceptional team of web developers will further ensure that the backend is user-friendly and practical for the in-house team.
4. How Many Years of Experience Do They Have in This Industry?
It is imperative to analyze the web development firm's contribution to the market. Request them to provide their portfolio, which should outline their past work, the type of websites they have worked on, along with the number of projects they have accomplished and the years they have worked in this field. Businesses can additionally refer to third party research and review platforms, such as GoodFirms, to further ascertain the quality of the web development service provided by examining the genuine feedback and ratings of previous clients.
5. Will the Site Be Responsive?
Responsive design ensures that the layout of the website is consistent across every device, whether it is computers, phones, or tablets, irrespective of screen size, platform, and orientation. Since responsive web design improves the user experience, user engagement is expected to increase simultaneously. Moreover, website features such as responsive web design and mobile-first indexing are indispensable factors in boosting the ranking on SERPs and decreasing the bounce rate.
The developer must understand the principles of responsive design and be capable of implementing them on the coding front. Request the web developer to demonstrate examples of previously developed websites incorporating responsive designing to judge their caliber accurately.
6. Which Additional Services Are Included in the Package?
- Web hosting: Most web development companies include web hosting plans as a part of their services. However, consider inquiring whether the package consists of a unique IP address. Moreover, be clear about how much bandwidth will be allowed, methods of tech support, and guaranteed uptime.
- CMS: An efficient web development firm empowers its clients with a quality content management system as a part of their strategy. While shortlisting potential partners, ask about the CMS they prefer. Discuss customization options and the system's scope for scalability. Finally, ask about the compatibility of the site with other systems.
- SEO: Web development agencies must take into account search engine optimization and other inbound marketing techniques. Ask for the implementation strategies of SEO technical best practices such as page speed optimization, 301 redirects, Canonical URLs, etc.that can boost the ranking of the site on search engine result pages.
Security is one of the most crucial segments of website creation. To ensure optimal performance, the website developer must equip the site with security plugins. Moreover, verify if they test Use Cases to identify and rectify vulnerabilities. Finally, investigate whether they have previously encountered security threats and what steps they have taken to counter them. It is also vital that the web development agency offers support post-deployment. In the event the website crashes due to certain technical/non-technical failure, the web developer should be available to cater to the issue. Moreover, communicate with the developers regarding any training sessions offered by them to coach the in-house team regarding the workings of the site.
It is recommended that the client confirms the maintenance and security charges of the site with web development firms as certain agencies provide these functionalities at an additional cost. Clear communication will protect both parties from future hassles and conflicts.
To develop an optimal website, business owners need to find the best web development company. GoodFirms help prospective web development clients in this search process by listing down the best web development companies worldwide.
The iconic companies that made it to the list of top web developers in GoodFirms research are ranked based on GoodFirms proprietary research methodology that considers various qualitative and quantitative factors. These featured web development agencies have been distinguished based on their website design skills, web development expertise, industry recognition, and experience in designing and developing a website. The other valuable parameter considered by the research team is the ability of the firm to deliver web solutions to clients, which are proven by client reviews and recommendations.
After a thorough analysis, our analyst found that the above-listed web development companies provide robust, engaging, and reliable corporate web solutions to clients all across the globe. The featured companies have a strong squad of top web developers that use cutting-edge technology and best practices to create custom websites and eCommerce websites that boost user engagement.
Potential web development clients must visit our 'Directory' section to pick the ideal web development partner. If you think your web development company deserves a spot in our 'Research' section, register on our platform to participate in the research process.