If you are searching for competent top app development companies to create mobile apps for your upcoming project, GoodFirms has a list for you. Potential app clients take the help of search engines to look for top mobile app developers. However, such engines will present to you a long array of companies comprising the best mobile app development companies. The best way for aspiring app entrepreneurs to search for suitable app developing firms for their projects is to find a list of app development companies that helps them to learn about the listed firms’ capabilities, portfolio, and focus areas. Businesses can identify the best app developers in the industry if they have well-researched information on various app development firms.
To help prospects hire app developers, the below chart of companies prepared by GoodFirms lists industry experts that can provide dynamic mobile application development solutions based on your needs. You can go through the list and use the analytical data to choose the most reliable mobile app development company in the world for your growing business.
Enhance Brand While Increasing Your ROI
Numerous businesses from different sectors such as eCommerce, Startups, healthcare, education, and financial have benefited from incorporating mobile apps in their solutions. Hence, you must choose app developers that innovate to generate revenue while elevating your brand’s identity.
The below list will help you find the best mobile app developers that focus on enhancing your brand’s image and create a space where consumers can interact with your business in a better way.
List of Top App Development Companies | Best Mobile App Developers (Android, iPhone & iPad)Filter
Xpantion is an Uruguayan IT company formed by a group of young professionals in early 2009. After culminating a stage of training in academic institutions and work in different companies in the sector, it was decided to build a team that was prepared to effectively solve the real problems of customers. Always keeping that goal in mind was that Xpantion was formed.
We represent and market the most important media on the internet. Digital marketing Online advertising Our services: -Planning -Execution of the online agenda -Monitoring and Monitoring -Results and metrics -Social media -Production of contents
At TowerHouseStudio we help our clients achieve their goals by creating stunning websites and solutions with a strong focus on quality and client satisfaction. We work with a defined and solid process, from with client onboarding, to project delivery, support, and maintenance.
Jam3 is a design and experience agency known for smart, innovative and inspired work. We work closely with our clients to first understand their problems and then solve them in creative ways. From our offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Montevideo, we team up with forward-thinking brands from around the world. Our partners include Google, Spotify,Microsoft, Adidas, Facebook, Ford, Sephora, MTV and Disney Pixar. Modesty aside, our diverse work has received global recognition from Cannes to The One Show, and even the Pulitzer Prize. To learn m... read more about Jam3
We are CreateThrive. We create and build software products for Silicon Valley startups and multinational companies. Working in a convenient time zone, we develop creative solutions using the latest technologies with special focus on ReactJS, NodeJS, Firebase, Flutter and NetSuite SuiteCommerce Advanced. The client always comes first. We build deep relationships with our clients that go beyond technology, helping them achieve great results.
BlockBear is a Uruguayan software development firm with a team that loves technology. Our expert team has over 20 years of experience in the software industry helping to be successful with software technologies that bring competitive advantage. It is comprised of software and architecture development specialists, business analysts and project managers. Since 2018 we are building technological solutions in different industries, including a collaborative solution to optimize processes in the financial industry, traceability solutions for... read more about BlockBear
We are professionals committed to providing services and responses of high added value. We strive to integrate innovative technological solutions, with a tangible synergy with our customers and thus achieve operational excellence and user satisfaction. In Applica we assume the commitment to be a strategic business partner and provide services and solutions with high added value. Oriented in quality information technologies, agile and secure.
We are a Digital Product Development Studio. Creativity, design, and technology combined to create beautiful and high-engaging user experiences.
- What Are the Different Types of Mobile Apps?
- What Are the Most Popular Mobile App Development Platforms?
- Why Do Businesses Require Mobile App?
- What Are the Top Benefits of Outsourcing Mobile App Development?
- What Are the Factors Affecting the Mobile App Development Cost?
- How Much Time and Money Does It Take to Build a Mobile Application?
- How to Shortlist Mobile App Development Companies?
- Questions to Ask Before Hiring Mobile App Developers
- GoodFirms Research Process:
What Are the Different Types of Mobile Apps?
1. Native Apps: Native apps are designed for a particular mobile app development platform. These apps cannot run on different Operating Systems. They are developed using specific mobile app development tools and languages supported by the respective app development platform. For instance, an app developed using Xcode and Objective-C can only run on iOS. Native mobile apps are very fast and offer high performance and exceptional user experience. However, dedicated apps can be expensive to develop.
3. Hybrid Apps: As the name suggests, hybrid apps are a combination of native and mobile web apps. Hybrid apps employ multi-platform mobile app development frameworks and tools such as HTML5, CSS, Adobe PhoneGap, Corona SDK, JQuery Mobile, etc. These apps can be downloaded from app stores as well as run on mobile browsers. They are easy to build and offer a single app for all platforms, however, are slower than native apps.
What Are the Most Popular Mobile App Development Platforms?
1. iOS: iOS is Apple's unique operating system that runs on Apple devices, in particular, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. An iOS app developer can either design a native app using app development languages like Swift and Objective-C or use React Native or Xamarin (C# & F#) languages for cross-platform mobile app development.
Apple also offers an iOS software development kit (SDK), which consists of numerous tools, frameworks, languages, etc. to simplify the iOS app development. One such framework is the Cocoa Touch, which includes UIKit, PushKit, GameKit, MapKit, Foundation Kit, and MusicKit.
2. Android: Android is an open-source platform that empowers android app developers to freely create and distribute apps while eliminating any intricate review processes. For Android app development, developers can incorporate their own functionalities and still enables users to avail new features that are launched by Google routinely. The latest update of Android is Android 10.0.
Android Software Developer Kit offers libraries of Java code to the android app developers, which when included in the project simplifies the access to the device functionality. The Android SDK also includes Debugger, sample source codes, tutorials for the Android OS, as well as relevant documentation for the Android APIs.
3. Hybrid: Hybrid mobile app development is gaining popularity as apps developed on this platform can easily run on multiple operating systems, thus saving the client substantial time and money on the app development front. Cross-platform mobile app development compiles various versions of the same application for separate operating systems.
Mobile app development tools such as PhoneGap, Xamarin, Flutter, React Native, etc. allows cross-platform mobile app developers to create a hybrid mobile app. While developing hybrid apps, it is advisable to opt for a robust analytics tool to identify and fix any bugs or glitches in real-time.
Apart from the above-mentioned platforms, mobile applications can be developed across several other app development platforms such as Windows, Blackberry, wearable programs.
Why Do Businesses Require Mobile App?
1. Expand Customer Base: In the era of the smartphone, companies that do not offer responsive design or mobile apps can suffer a great loss as it misses out on a vast number of users. In addition, mobile applications allow clientele from different geographical locations access to the product or brand.
2. Enhanced Customer Engagement: Mobile applications allow users to obtain any type of information in a fraction of time, thereby boosting customer engagement and retaining clients. Furthermore, it is easier for brands to introduce innovative, advanced, and user-friendly features into the mobile app to attract more consumers towards the product.
3. Understand User Behaviour: Mobile apps can be extremely useful in analyzing the preferences and activities of users. Companies can monitor the most-visited section of the app and offer customized promotional offers to further enhance the business goal. Brands can send push notifications via the app to easily reach the target audience.
4. Maximize Revenue: Mobile applications serve as a huge opportunity for businesses to boost their ROI. Components such as in-app purchases and advertising allow companies to gain additional income on top of the direct revenue generated through the sales of the product via the app.
What Are the Top Benefits of Outsourcing Mobile App Development?
The following are the top reasons why businesses must outsource mobile app development:
1. Cost-Effective: The first and foremost advantage of outsourcing mobile app developers is that it is cost-efficient. Companies save crucial monetary resources by eliminating excessive charges spend on hiring an in-house team as well as setting up relevant infrastructure.
2. Faster Turnaround: The best mobile app development companies understand the essence of time and offer timely delivery of the mobile app. Moreover, expert app developers can quickly act on any requirement changes demanded by the customers and provide faster updates.
3. End to End Support: Professional app developers are apt to handle every app development phase. Whether a company requires assistance in the conceptualization of the application or its deployment in the marketplace and app stores, the best mobile app developers expertly manage these tasks while eliminating various risk factors.
4. Latest Technologies: The leading companies dedicatedly focus on app development and, thus, are up-to-date with the new, cutting-edge technologies. The app developers can effectively integrate these technologies to ensure the creation of the state of the art mobile application.
5. Quality Developers: Outsourcing mobile app development services also give businesses access to a vast pool of talent. The project can be assigned to either local or international app developers depending on the need of the project and the expertise of the service provider.
6. Support and Training: The best mobile app development companies offer post-launch support and training services to their client companies. They provide training to the in-house staff regarding the detailed working of the application. Moreover, if the app experiences any glitches, the app developers can swiftly resolve the issue.
Mobile app development companies aid in creating a robust, reliable, and error-free app. According to the mobile app download and usage report by GoodFirms,18.55% of customers have uninstalled mobile apps because of technical errors or crashes in the app. Hence, it is imperative that companies planning to launch their own app hire professional mobile app developers.
What Are the Factors Affecting the Mobile App Development Cost?
The cumulative cost of developing a mobile application depends on numerous factors.
1. Platform: The primary emphasis of any app development falls on the concept and idea of the app. However, the type of platform selected to develop the app is equivalently essential. Businesses must opt for a mobile app development platform that resonates with their previous apps as well as future proposals.
The mobile app development platform can determine the base cost of the app. For instance, the app development cost for the iOS platform is relatively costlier than the Android or Hybrid platform.
2. App Size: The size of the app plays a significant role in finalizing the mobile app development cost. The number of screens required in the app along with its backend functionalities such as databases, user management portals, storage, etc. is reviewed to assess the app development cost.
Extensive storage, multiple screens, and complex backend features can raise the overall price of the app. However, if data storage is required in the future, it is advisable to build data compression during the development phase to avoid unnecessary upgrades and charges in the long term.
3. Plugins and Integrations: In this era, most apps offer third-party data integrations and plugins to enhance the user experience. The most common plugins incorporated in the apps are social media extensions. For these integrations to work flawlessly, app developers need to formulate an advanced Application Programming Interface (API).
API consists of a set of routines, tools, and protocols that allows the interaction of the application with other devices. Installing APIs will supplement the app development cost.
4. Security: Data security is crucial in the digital age. Nevertheless, the level of encryption required by each app varies based on its type and functionality. If an app gathers personal data of the user or facilitates payment gateways, a very high level of app encryption is essential.
It is advisable to discuss the type of data security required for the app in the initial stages as the later addition of data encryption could cost significantly more.
How Much Time and Money Does It Take to Build a Mobile Application?
The time and money invested in developing a mobile app chiefly depend on its complexity. A recent survey by GoodFirms on the mobile app development cost and time survey highlights the following findings:
- Simple App: An app having basic features such as social media login, email subscription, etc. cost from $24800 to $59200.
- Moderate App: An app with customized UI features, payment gateway, API integration, can roughly cost between $36100 to $85200.
- Complex App: An app with cutting-edge functionalities such as third-party integration support, complex back-end, customized animations, etc. can be developed by paying approximately $59500 to $137200.
- Simple App: Developing an app consisting of basic features can take about 4 to 11 weeks.
- Medium Complexity App: The app developers can deliver these applications that include more complicated features within 7 to 16 weeks.
- High Complexity App: Creating a customized app with the most advanced features can take around 11 to 26 weeks.
How to Shortlist Mobile App Development Companies?
It is critical to thoroughly research each and every company to find the best one out. Below are a few points you must consider when hiring mobile app developers for your dream app development project whether it is for iOS, Android or any other platform:
1. Portfolio: A companies portfolio provides you insight within the working pattern and the type of projects the top app developers have curated. It also highlights their strengths and weaknesses allowing you to consider their candidature. A portfolio also emphasizes on their proven records in various industries, allowing you to assess and hire mobile app developers having experience relevant to your project.
2. Client Reviews: Nowadays it is indispensable for all businesses to gather client feedback and publish reviews. Reading testimonials and online recommendations about the app developers’ work as social proof. Authentic positive reviews will provide you with great confidence in making the decision of selecting the right mobile app development company for your android app development or ios app development project.
3. Team: Researching the mobile development team working for the mobile app design & development company is beneficial as they are going to work on your smartphone app project. Check the Linkedin profile of executives, project managers, tech leads, etc. and hire mobile app developers after evaluating their talent, experience, and past mobile application development projects.
4. Cost: Customarily, the cost of an entire mobile app development project is based on the features integrated into the app, its scope for scalability, and its complexity. Another determining factor is the time taken to develop the application. Experienced app developers may offer rapid deployment of an app at a higher cost whereas, inexperienced app development agencies may require multiple revisions thereby costing you nearly the same while taking longer time-span.
5. Meeting with CEO: It is important to understand the vision and values of an organization and the best person you must contact for this is the CEO of the mobile app design & development company. Visions, values, and culture of the company matter a lot, especially if you are going to partner with them for long term mobile application development projects.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring Mobile App Developers
Out of the numerous mobile app agencies, several seem eligible contenders to work on your dream project. However, only a handful may fit suit to a fraction! The question is how to identify whether a company is getting its money’s worth? So before you take the plunge into mobile app development services, present certain inquiries to the shortlisted app development agencies to ensure you receive the desired results.
1. Can You Exhibit Few Samples of Your Previous Work?
It is vital to check out apps previously developed by the shortlisted mobile app development companies to analyze their performance. To check the authenticity of the company, you may ask them to provide you the link of their apps on popular app stores. You can further inquire about having a demo of such apps to assess whether the quality delivered by the app developers aligns with your demands. Finally, opt for an app development company having industry-specific experience, so that they promptly understand the niche of your business and the requirements of your target audience.
2. Can You Provide a Reference List of Previous Clients?
This reference list will offer you an impartial and independent insight into the workings and caliber of the company. You must also check out independent research and review platforms, such as GoodFirms, to further determine the quality of the mobile app development services. These autonomous platforms rank companies after examining genuine feedback and client recommendations.
3. Are Testing Services Included in the Package?
Coding is a major part of app development. Whereas, another crucial component is testing itself. Mobile app testing verifies the behavior of the app across various devices. The best mobile app developers track the features of the app to ensure its functionality and fix any errors that may present itself. Certain app development agencies provide app testing services at an added cost.
4. Do You Offer App Designing Services?
Although the functionalities and features of the app are the driving factors of the app's operation, cut-throat competition requires apps to be aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly. The users tend to abandon apps having complicated navigational attributes and bland designs. Some app developers can offer fundamental designing solutions, while others may have a partnership with external app designing firms. However, companies can opt for top mobile app design companies to design a responsive mobile app and deliver an unmatched user experience.
5. Do You Offer Post-Launch Support?
No matter how accurately an app is curated, a glitch can occasionally render the app futile. It is imperative that the best mobile app developers offer app support and maintenance post-deployment. You must inquire whether they assist during revision and addition of new features and functionalities. Furthermore, determine how they tackle potential bugs. Also, do not forget to ask about the costs of each new release and bug fixes, as these services are charged separately.
GoodFirms Research Process:
To devise the perfect mobile application, company proprietors must find the best mobile app development company. GoodFirms aims to assists the service seekers in this quest by presenting the above list of the top mobile app development companies worldwide.
The quintessential agencies that grabbed a spot on the list of top mobile app developers in GoodFirms research are evaluated based on GoodFirms proprietary research procedure, which considers several qualitative and quantitative factors. These featured app development firms have been identified based on their app development and app designing skills and expertise. Furthermore, GoodFirms considers the market reach and the years of experience of the participating companies to understand their contributions in the industry. The other valuable parameter acknowledged by the research team is the inclination of the company to deliver app development solutions to customers, which are proven by client reviews and recommendations.
After a thorough analysis, our analyst observed that the above-listed top app development companies yield robust, engaging, and reliable mobile app development solutions to patrons across the globe. The featured companies possess a squad of technically sound and qualified app developers that use cutting-edge technologies and best practices to create the dream application.
GoodFirms also encourages new and upcoming app development companies to participate in future research processes by providing testimonies of their work and get ranked in our 'Research' section.