List of the Best Mobile App Developers
Your filter returned 0 results
Try to remove a filter for more results.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does It Cost to Build a Mobile App?
According to GoodFirms research, building a mobile app can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $300,00, based on your specific requirements and preferences.
- A simple app, equipped with MVP-level features and basic UI, can cost between $5,000-$50,000.
- A medium app, built with complex UI and advanced features, can cost you between $50,000-$120,000.
- A highly complex app, custom-built for multiple platforms boasting cutting-edge features, can cost anywhere between $100,000 - $300,000.
App development cost also largely depends on the platform you are building for. Building specific native apps for platforms like Android or iOS can be considerably more expensive than building cross-platform, hybrid, or web apps compatible with multiple platforms and devices. Below are the costs for building apps for each of these platforms:
- Native Apps (Android or iOS): $50,000 to $100,000.
- Cross-Platform Apps: $25,000 to $60,000.
- Web Apps: $15,000 to $50,000.
- Hybrid Apps: $10,000 to $150,000.
Mobile app development costs depend on many factors. These factors include the platform for which you build a mobile app, the application size, third-party integrations, and security.
- Platforms play a significant role in determining the cost of a mobile app. For example, iOS app development will be more expensive compared to Hybrid or Android app development. Typically, app developers cost and charge more for native app development as opposed to cross-platform or hybrid development.
- Apart from the app concept and platform, its size also impacts the mobile app development cost. The number of screens required in the app, including its backend functionalities like databases, user management portals, and storage, affects pricing. Companies that make apps often have better domain knowledge regarding understanding the type of features necessary to realize an app idea. So make sure you hire professional app developers that can guide you on this note.
- Apps would integrate third-party plugins to provide a better user experience. Social media extensions are the most common ones incorporated into the app. App developers would implement API (Advanced application programming interface) for integrations to work correctly. API consists of routines, tools, and protocols that allow an app to interact with other devices. So, implementing an API will impact the cost significantly.
- Data is the fuel of the digital age. So, security is crucial for it. Apps are diverse and require a different level of encryption based on their type and functionality. Encryption becomes more critical if your application gathers user data or facilitates payment gateways. So, whatever data security you implement in your application will influence the cost.
How Long Does It Take To Create a Mobile App?
According to our latest app development research, on average, it can take 2 to 5 months to develop a mobile app. However, the exact time needed to develop an app highly depends on factors like the number of screens involved, the core functionality of your app, the technologies you need to integrate, and the complexity of your project.
Mobile app development companies often categorize apps based on complexity and features. For example,
- A simple app with basic features can be built within 4 to 11 weeks.
- A medium-complexity app with popular consumer features can take 7 to 16 weeks.
- And an advanced, high-complexity app with cutting-edge features can take 11 to 26 weeks to create.
So the next time you face the question, “How much time does it take to make a mobile app?” Remember that the time needed for app development or coding the app itself doesn’t always account for other essential processes like research, design, testing, and pre-launch. Building a mobile app from the idea stage to launching it on the app stores can take 6 to 12 months.
These time frames aren’t very flexible either. Even hiring the best mobile application development companies in the world cannot guarantee faster development because building the right frameworks and functionalities takes time. To minimize your time to market, your best bet is to rely on an MVP, but even still, the necessary development time and dollars required to build a great product eventually need to be put in.
How to Choose the Best Mobile App Development Company?
When trying to choose the best mobile app development company for your project, consider factors like:
- Whether the team has a strong portfolio
- If their client reviews are genuine
- Ensure that the team is skilled enough in their craft
- Consider the mobile app development cost
- Observe if the leader understands the project requirements
When outsourcing your project to companies that offer mobile app development services, verifying their qualifications and expertise is essential. A lack of experience and skills on the developer’s end can jeopardize your app and drain your budget. App development is expensive as well as challenging, so when wondering how to find an app developer, it's crucial to pick one that is capable of meeting the demands of your project.
At GoodFirms, we are committed to helping you succeed, so we’ve already done most of the groundwork for you. Based on the criteria given below, we’ve curated an extensive list of mobile app development companies that are adept at developing all kinds of mobile applications. Make sure to assess your selected top app development companies based on the pointers below to ensure you make the right hiring decisions.
- Portfolio: Company portfolios showcase the type of projects these mobile app development companies have worked on. They help identify a company’s strengths and weaknesses and give us insight into their work patterns. It is advised to hire mobile app developers that have worked on similar projects as yours and have relevant experience in your niche.
- Client Reviews: Reviews and feedback have an enormous impact on businesses. They instill confidence among clients when deciding the right app development company for their project. It also acts as social proof because testimonials and online recommendations lend to the credibility of app development agencies.
- Team: It's essential to know everything about the team working on your project. An app development team has executives, project managers, tech leads, developers, etc. It will help you evaluate their talent, experience, and past work.
- Cost: Various factors affect an app’s price, like feature integration, scalability, complexity, and development time. You can get an app developed at a rapid pace by hiring an experienced app development team. But that will cost you extra. Another option is to hire an inexperienced one cheaply, which might require multiple revisions, increasing costs in return.
- Meeting with the CEO: Understanding the vision, values, and culture matters if you want to establish long-term partnerships with app development agencies. So, getting in touch with the CEO will help you understand the ins and outs of the organization.
It is natural at this point to wonder where to find such relevant information about app development partners. Most service seekers ask themselves, ‘Where can I find app developers for my project?’ Your best bet is to refer to independent research platforms like GoodFirms for extensive and unbiased data on app creation companies.
6 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Mobile App Developer:
Numerous app development agencies are out there, but picking the right one that fits your needs can be challenging. While most app development companies may seem competent and well-versed in building engaging mobile apps, not everyone will be your business's perfect app development partner.
Typically, clients tend to shortlist their favorite top 10 mobile app development companies list and pick the most famous app developers from the list. While opting for the popular choice isn't always a bad idea, clients need to be able to judge if their preferred developers have the right expertise for the project.
You can ask mobile app developers these six questions to judge their app development expertise:
- Can you show us a few samples of your previous work?
A portfolio review is vital before choosing a mobile app development company for your project. You need to ensure your pick has enough industry-specific experience to build the type of app and features you require for your project. Ask for a demo of the apps they have previously built and see if the quality of products matches your standards.
- Can You Provide a Reference List of Previous Clients?
A reference list of clients will provide you with deep insight into the caliber and competencies of the app development companies you plan to collaborate with. If they’ve worked for high-end brands, chances are they have a good work ethic and high-quality standards. It is always best to complement your research process by referring to independent research and review platforms, such as GoodFirms, to understand the said development partner better.
- Are Testing Services Included in the Package?
Errors, bugs, and glitches are part and parcel of any development process. While many mobile app design and development companies consider coding the major part of the development process, testing, and bug fixing are equally important, if not more. The best mobile app developers extensively test app features and fix any errors that may present themselves. Certain app development agencies provide app testing services at an added cost.
- What Do You Offer in Terms of App Designing Services?
The mobile app space is highly competitive, and users have come to expect high-performance apps with user-friendly UI/UX, so design has become a rising priority for some of the biggest app developers. Some affordable app developers may offer fundamental design solutions as part of their development package, while others may partner with external app design companies.
- Do You Offer Post-Launch Support?
Support and maintenance are integral for the longevity of any mobile application. Before partnering up with the app developers of your choice, ensure that they offer post-launch support. You must inquire whether they assist during the revision and addition of new features and functionalities. Furthermore, determine how they tackle potential bugs. Do not forget to ask about the costs of each new release and bug fix, as these services are charged separately. Some of the world’s best app developers offer these services in a single package.
- What suggestions do you have for the app?
Building an app with an external development partner is, at its core, a collaboration. You might have a comfortable vision for your app. Still, leading app making companies have years of experience when it comes to building apps and can offer valuable feedback and suggestions for your project. ‘What monetization model will fit the app best?’, ‘What design philosophy should we follow for the app?’, ‘What framework or platform will give us the best balance between performance and user-friendliness?’ Experienced app building companies can answer crucial questions for your project, so keep them in the loop.
How to Decide Whether I Should Go for Native or Hybrid Apps for Mobile App Development?
Applications built for specific platforms are called Native Apps. It can be either for Android or iOS, whereas the hybrid app is a mixture of native and web apps. It has the source code of web technologies and the shell of a native app. Mobile app development services are usually offered separately for hybrid and native development. Cross-platform apps may also be worth mentioning here. These are apps compatible with different devices but built with the same code base using tools like a flutter or react native.
Hybrid apps are cheap while less secure, and on the contrary Native apps are expensive to build but have better security. Ultimately which one to go for depends on your requirements.
Both have different tradeoffs. GoodFirms allows you to choose from an extensive list of both native app developers and hybrid app development companies to find the right partner for your project.
Should I Hire Mobile App Development Companies in the USA?
If you are a US-based business, opting for best mobile app development companies in the USA makes sense. Offshoring your development project has pros and cons, as does working with native companies. Working with local mobile app design companies has the added benefit of better communication, and local insights, and the downside of missing out on global talent. At the same time, hiring an app development team offshore can be considerably cheaper, but different time zones and language barriers can be a hindrance.
Ultimately, the choice depends on your business goals and the tradeoffs you are willing to take. If you wish to work with local companies, a simple google search reading ‘App development companies near me’ could be enough to put you in touch with great partners in your city. For offshore development, exploring global IT directories like GoodFirms can be a great place to start talent shopping.
So, when asking yourself if you should hire the best app development companies in the USA?
The answer is yes if you are US-based and want to work with local companies. However, if you are interested in hiring global talent or looking for cheaper alternatives, offshoring would be a better option.
GoodFirms Research Process:
GoodFirms provides mobile app company listings based on a proprietary company performance algorithm that helps rank deserving and leading app development agencies. We evaluate companies based on a number of relevant ranking factors, including development expertise, market presence, client reviews, and portfolios.
We strive to offer a complete overview of how these companies fare against each other based on their core competencies and overall market performance within our leadership matrix. Clients can choose the best fit for their project from the extensive list of top app developers above or dive deeper into our company research to find a more tailored fit for their project.