What is GoodFirms?
Is GoodFirms free?
Why trust GoodFirms?
How does GoodFirms help users/clients/businesses looking out to hire IT companies?
How can IT companies or software products leverage GoodFirms?
How is GoodFirms different from other listing platforms?
- Our prices are low compared to our competitors. We charge per category selection and not per web page.
- Our review process is short as compared to our competitors.
- Our one of the ways of collecting reviews is: we directly contact a company’s client and take note of his/her experience.
- We accept Video Testimonials, Corporate Videos, and Portfolio related Videos.
- We have an extra section – Company Certifications.
What does the term ‘Get Listed’ indicate?
Who can get listed at GoodFirms?
The companies providing services in any of the following categories:
The software solutions belonging to the following categories:
What’s the difference between the listing terms ‘Directory’ and ‘Research’?
Getting listed in ‘Directory’ simply means getting a specific place in the database of GoodFirms for a particular category of service/software. The series in which the companies/software are positioned is such:
Whereas, getting listed in ‘Research’ involuntarily increases the reputation of a company/software. As this list offers a limited number of 30 positions, that can be earned only after successfully passing through the rigorous research process of GoodFirms. Thus, getting listed in ‘Research’ automatically gains the trust of clients and thereby the chances of converting leads rise too.
How can my company gain potential web traffic from getting listed in the ‘Directory’?
The prospects visit GoodFirms looking for companies/software products with little patience, and expect to find the perfect one in a short period of time. Apparently, the companies/software placed in the upper spots grab the attention of prospects quickly and thereby possess a better chance for visibility. In simple words, if you have seized the top positions, you are bound to gain potential web traffic.
How can my company reach higher ranks organically in the lists of ‘Directory’?
Factors considered for:
- Quality - Portfolio and Client Reviews
- Reliability - Market Penetration and Experience
- Ability - Design/Development/Marketing Services
Your progress in the above factors will in-turn boost your organic ranks in the ‘Directory’ as well as ‘Research’ listing of GoodFirms. In simple words, keep adding your best works in the portfolio section; request your clients to post genuine reviews for your service/software; keep thriving with a richer experience in the market through impressive services and you will see your profile rising rapidly at GoodFirms.
How to become a ‘Featured Partner’ with GoodFirms?
It is quite simple and absolutely free. All you have to do is:
- Go to the Media kit page at GoodFirms.
- Select suitable badge type from the list.
- Select size of the badge you want to embed on your website.
- A link will be generated, use that code along with your badge on website.
- Paste the badge into the footer of your website.
Just make sure that the badge is clickable and integrated with its associated URL. It must redirect to the correspondent page on getting clicked. Once that is done, inform the team of GoodFirms about the completion of task on [email protected] so that your company logo gets highlighted in our ‘Featured Partners’ web page as well. And that’s it, you have now become a ‘Featured Partner’ with GoodFirms.
What are the benefits of becoming a ‘Featured Partner’?
- Your company gets access to higher positions in the ‘Directory’ listing.
- Acquiring higher positions leads to more web traffic towards and elevates your chances of converting leads.
- The GoodFirms badge gives your company a special recognition in the market and thus helps to gain the trust of your clients.
- The GoodFirms badge/logo on your website can also be leveraged to redirect users to your GoodFirms’ profile filled with verified reviews and authentic portfolio - all at one place.
- Your company earns a privileged space at GoodFirms - ‘Featured Partners’ web page as well.
What is the difference between ‘Free Member’, ‘Featured Partner’ and ‘Sponsor’?
A free member gets to have a full-fledged company/software profile with ratings and reviews on GoodFirms. And if the company/software surpasses all the research criteria of GoodFirms, it gets a mention in the ‘Research Listing’ as well.
All the rights of free member + all the benefits of becoming a featured partner.
All the privileges of free member + all the benefits of featured partner + topmost positions in ‘Directory’ listing above the featured partners.
How can I claim my company/software profile on GoodFirms?
How can I transfer ownership of my company/software profile?
Can I remove my company/software profile from GoodFirms?
How can my client leave a review on my GoodFirms profile?
Well, there are two ways:
- You can just send the link of your GoodFirms’ profile to your client, which contains the ‘Write a Review’ section. Therein, your client can fill in the details about his/her experience in the form of rating and review. On submission, an autonomous account will be created (via LinkedIn authentication) of the client on GoodFirms, where he/she can keep track of his/her reviews for respective companies or software.
- Just in case you want to make a better approach asking for a review from a client, log in to your company’s GoodFirms account. You will directly come across your ‘Dashboard’ and the main menu will be clearly visible on the left-hand side. Click on ‘Reviews’ to see the related functions on the right-hand side of the screen. On the top right corner will be a button of ‘Send Review Request’. Click the button to send a formal request via email to your client and your work is done!
Do the number of reviews that have been added to my profile affect its organic ranking in the listings?
How does GoodFirms verify the reviews?
My client doesn’t have a LinkedIn account. How should I direct him/her for getting his/her review published on GoodFirms?
Can I edit my review after its submission?
Yes, if the review is not published on the company/software profile and the status of your review shows to be ‘pending’ in your client account. Just follow this navigation: My Account → My Reviews → Edit
But, if the review status shows ‘published’, then you can send your edit request via mail on email id: [email protected]
Note: Only clients can edit the reviews, accessing their account on GoodFirms.
Can my company/software reply to a review?
Is a reviewer allowed to review the same company/software more than once?
What can I do if my company/software receives a negative review?
Firstly, being the service/product provider, you can address the negative concerns of your clients by providing a thorough explanation of the issues faced in the project in the response to their review.
Secondly, if you are confident that you have poured in your 100% efforts towards the project then you can mail us your explanation with the logical attestation that proves the review incorrect. We assure you of full cooperation from our research team in such matters. We will investigate the details and ask for the reviewers’ take on the attestation as well. If he/she doesn’t reply within 48 hours with a suitable answer, the negative review will be removed from your profile.
How does the research process happen?
How many types of research are conducted at GoodFirms?
- In-house research for listing the companies.
- Algorithm-based research in the backend for evaluating a company’s position in the market.
- One-to-one research for the authentication of the reviews received by all companies and software solutions.
- Research blogs on current trends and tactics of various IT domains to help businesses take an informed decision.
- Survey-based research articles to provide the exact statistics of the market to the service providers and seekers.