Please introduce your company and give a brief about your role within the company?
WorksDelight is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that delivers real results to the global business. We help startups and digital agencies launch projects on time.
As the CEO, I direct the operational aspects of the company, develop and implement the company’s culture and also work to attain our vision.
What was the idea behind starting this organization?
The idea behind starting this organization was to push the industry forward with innovations and ideas. The passion and enthusiasm for the same are very appealing for both the customers and the investors. Also, being an entrepreneur means continually refining the skillset and staying updated and hence, I decided for setting up this organization.
What are your company’s business model–in house team or third party vendors/ outsourcing?
We have a passionate and goal driven in house team whose main objective is to cater to the needs of the clients and deliver their best.
How is your business model beneficial from a value addition perspective to the clients compared to other companies' models?
Our main objective is customer satisfaction by delivering high-end products to them. This gives us an edge over our competitors.
What industries do you generally cater to? Are your customers repetitive? If yes, what ratio of clients has been repetitive to you?
We provide IT services, consulting and business solutions. Our main services include Mobile App Development, Web App Development, and Graphic Designing.
Yes, our customers are repetitive, and we often have long term partnerships with them, and that speaks volumes about the quality of work we provide to our customers. Around 45% of our clients are repetitive.
Mention the objectives or the parameters critical in determining the time frame of developing a mobile app.
There are numerous parameters which determine the time frame for developing a mobile app:
○Designing of the app- critical area responsible for the success of an app, requires a lot of planning, testing. It takes a considerable amount of time.
○ Best approach: To have the widest possible approach, apps now are made for multiple platforms.
■ Native apps: These provide the best user experience but take a significant amount of time to be developed.
■ Web apps: Take the less to be developed.
■ Hybrid: Latest approach amongst all. It takes almost the same time to develop as native apps but will require fewer resources to work on as compared to native apps.
○ Development of prototype: Taking the idea and turning into the application with some
basic functionality. This gives an idea about the potential market.
○ Features: One of the main points which determine the time frame of an app is the features it will be having. The number of features and their complexity are the deciding factors of how much time will be taken up in the development phase as it is the most time-consuming factor of all.
○ Testing: In order to sniff out and correct the technical flaws, testing is done. It takes a lot of time as the success of the app depends upon the performance of an app. All these listed factors contribute to the amount of time taken up to convert an idea into a full-fledged app.
How much effort in terms of time goes into developing the front end and back end of a mobile app?
The exact timeline varies from app to app as it all depends upon the functionality an app is having. But in order to generalize it,
● Front end app development: 1 month
● Back end app development: 2-3 months
For medium scale projects:
● Total around 5-6 months
For enterprise level projects:
● Total around 1+ year
What are the key parameters to be considered before selecting the right platform for a mobile application?
The main parameters to be considered before selecting the right platform for a mobile application are:
○ Target audience: People in different parts of the world have different preferences when it comes to mobile platforms.
○ User Behaviour: Monetisation also plays a role if you are not developing a free app. iPhone users are more likely to spend on apps compared to Android users.
○ Features: If the requirement is to have the best performance then native apps always perform the best.
○ Budget: Going either for Android or iOS is still cheaper than development in both. Also, the time taken to develop is directly proportional to the cost. So progress on both Android and iOS means more time hence more damage.
Which platform do you suggest your clients to begin with when they approach you with an idea (Android or iOS) and why?
It totally depends upon the requirement of the client. If the client wants to target the Asian market he should go with Android. If the client wants to target America he should go with both Android and iOS and so on.
Android or iOS, Native or Hybrid — which platform is best to use to build your app? What are your recommendations?
We have experience working on every platform be it Android or iOS, Native or Hybrid. As the customer is always the king, we convert their dreams into reality. It all comes down to the requirement of the client and their target audience and the nature of the app.
What are the key factors that you consider before deciding the cost of a mobile application?
As stated above mobile app development is a costly process and is co-related to the time invested in the development. More the number of features more will be the time consumed, and ultimately more will be the cost.
What kind of payment structure do you follow to bill your clients? Is it Pay per Feature, Fixed Cost, Pay per Milestone (could be in phases, months, versions etc.)
○ We are pretty flexible with the billing; larger projects are usually done in milestones i.e based on the number of features with the payments of milestones.
○ Full-time employability for contracts which involve taking care of a lot of operations and in cases where the client relies on almost everything on us from brainstorming, documentation, planning and the contracts are long term, the billing is hourly.
○ For maintenance, it’s usually Pay per feature.
Do you take in projects which meet your basic budget requirement? If yes, what is the minimum requirement? If no, on what minimum budget you have worked for?
We take on the projects based on the availability of our resources with no minimum budget requirements.
What is the price range (min and max) of the projects that you catered to in 2018?
The minimum price range of the project in 2018- $4000
The maximum price range of the project in 2018- $65000
But usually, it depends on the projects, we usually like to work with positive and like-minded clients.
Which business model do you suggest to your clients enabling them to generate revenue from mobile applications? Why?
My recommendation is to give users a subscription-based app with a free trial, it mostly works. There are other possible ways to generate revenue as well like In-App Purchases, Adverts.