Please introduce your company and give a brief about your role within the company?
Top Rated Amazon Consultant and eCommerce Consultant | 10+ Years Experience Helping Companies Thrive at eCommerce Quicker & Easier
For 10 years as an author, speaker & founder of The Source Approach, I’ve helped brands, retailers, startups & more get where they want to go quickly and efficiently both in the case of eCommerce & on Amazon. Today, we have our presence on Forbes, Entrepreneur, The Business Journals & more.
Mention the objectives or the parameters critical in determining the growth of ecommerce businesses.
It’s crucial that companies have these 3 components to effectively & efficiently grow & scale an eCommerce business:
1) Ensuring you know EXACTLY who your target customer is: (Where do they live online, what benefits do they care about, what objections would they handle, age, gender, location, etc.)
2) Having a solid plan on getting your target customer to your eCommerce website. Be it from YouTube videos, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest Ads, Blogs, Affiliates, SEO, Reddit, Quora, or Social Media. How are you going to get traffic from these channels to your website?
3) Making sure you have an eCommerce website designed to convert and drive lifetime revenue from your SPECIFIED target customer: (Does your website get your customers to know, like & trust you? Is it set up for upsells, cross-sells & more?)
How much effort in terms of time goes into developing the strategy or marketing campaign for an ecommerce business?
This is entirely dependent on the company, the industry they are in and the customers they are targeting. Competing in an industry where there are few competitors, and the particular segment of customer you are targeting is even narrower is much different than the effort required to gain traction in a highly competitive industry where everyone is targeting the same customer.
What is your company’s business model–in house team or third party vendors/outsourcing?
- You work 1 on 1 personally with me and not a random agent in a call center with little to no experience.
- As a fellow business owner, I have significant experience managing projects, people & budgets to get results.
- My experience comes from owning, partnering & running businesses, not working as an employee at an agency.
- When you reach out, you’re speaking with me, not a sales agent who earns a commission or a random customer service rep.
How is your business style different from a value addition perspective to the clients compared to other companies' business?
I am not an agency and clients are never passed to other people. I only take on 10-15 projects at a time, so there are no communication or experience level gaps. All of my decisions come from significant experience of managing people, projects, & budgets and most importantly, running businesses. Clients get the benefit of working with a fellow business owner with 10+ years selling online and on Amazon, not a junior level marketer or intern at an agency.
What industries do you cater to? Are your clients repetitive?
I add the most value to companies who:
- Have sold on Amazon, but are not doing as well as they should and want to take the proper steps to reach their full potential quickly and easily.
- Believe in doing things the right way the first time, not cutting corners and want to get started on Amazon from day one as efficiently and as effectively as possible.
What are the key parameters to be considered before testing & improving a business’s ecommerce user experience?
The user experience should achieve a frictionless sale from the companies, precisely from their target customer. That being said, you should have a rock solid understanding of a few components:
• Your target customer
• Where your target customer frequents online
• Strengths, weaknesses and the sales funnel of competitors currently serving your target customers
Which parameters are important to be determined before you decide upon designing a marketing strategy for any of your clients?
Besides understanding the customer and the competitors, I firmly believe companies need a solid foundation before marketing & advertising their services.
Whether the company is investing resources in sending potential customers to an eCommerce website or an Amazon product listing, significant and meaningful work should be completed beforehand to make sure as many of those potential customers will convert into paying customers.
The importance of having a productive bottom line of the funnel cannot be understated.
How do you advise your clients on improving their landing pages & Sales funnel for their ecommerce business?
Generally speaking, a landing page needs to have: a clear unique value proposition, no distractions, trust signals, clearly showcase the benefits, answer questions, objection handle, showcase reviews and have a call to action that’s easy to execute.
What are the key factors that you consider before deciding the cost of your consultation?
I offer free consultations. Since I only take on 10-15 projects at a time, I like to learn more about the brand and their needs to make sure the project is a good fit for both sides; to make sure I can add value and solve their problems and also make sure I have the required bandwidth.
What kind of payment structure do you follow to bill your clients?
Investment is super easy. On retainer, I invoice monthly on the 1st of the month, net 15 terms, payment methods accepted: Credit Card, PayPal, ACH & Check.
Do you take in projects which meet your basic budget requirement? If yes, what is the minimum requirement? If no, on what minimum budget you have worked for?
My minimum viable budget in 2018 was an investment of $1,399.99 / month.
What is the price range (min and max) of the projects that you catered to in 2018?
The investment range of clients in 2018 was between: $1,399.99 / month - $12,750 / month.
What do you think is the future of the ecommerce industry?
To thrive in the eCommerce & Amazon industry in 2019 and beyond, brands will need to focus on partnering with existing Amazon Affiliates as influencers to promote their products to attract more traffic as ad real estate shrinks and gets more competitive, thereby limiting ad inventory.
On the eCommerce side, guided selling is becoming more crucial to help customers make a quicker & more substantial profit per purchase.
Kindly share your feedback on how GoodFirms has been doing so far in increasing your visibility among potential clients.
When evaluating Google Analytics regularly, I see that I get a lot of traffic from GoodFirms and it is a great value add to my consultancy.