1. Please introduce your company and give a brief about your role within the company?
Onlinico is a Software Development company for Start-ups based in Ukraine. We provide a full range of software development services, from needs analysis to development, testing, and deployment. I manage processes related to lead processing and work organization.
2. What was the idea behind starting this organization?
I wanted to gather experienced and highly motivated professionals in one place and pursue our mutual goal. We would like to be a Partner for our clients, not a vendor.
3. What are your company’s business model–in-house team or third party vendors/ outsourcing?
We use outsourcing model.
4. How is your business model beneficial from a value addition perspective to the clients compared to other companies' models?
Outsourcing model allows you to hire remote developers whenever they are needed it saves a lot of time compared to the time required to find developers locally. Also, as a rule, in-house development is always more expensive than having a dedicated team, so this model allows you to cut your budget expenses.
5. What industries do you generally cater to? Are your customers repetitive? If yes, what ratio of clients has been repetitive to you?
We mainly focus on Healthcare, Financial Services, Entertainment and Media, eCommerce,and Retail. We do have some regular clients with whom we’ve been working for 2 years already.
6. Mention the objectives or the parameters critical in determining the time frame for developing a mobile app.
It depends on the architecture and the quantity of features for the very first version of an App.
7. How much effort in terms of time goes into developing the front end and back end of a mobile app?
It really depends on the scale of an App and individual requirements to it. On average, it’s approximately 3 months.
8. What are the key parameters to be considered before selecting the right platform for a mobile application?
Generally, clients always know what platform they want to have an App on. Basically, it depends on the target audience and the regions they want to use their App for. Also, on specific technology that a client wants to use in their mobile application.
9. Which platform do you suggest your clients begin with when they approach you with an idea (Android or iOS) and why?
We have a decent experience with both Android and iOS. So it’s all about what platform do you personally prefer to use.
10. Android or iOS, Native or Hybrid — which platform is best to use to build your app? What are your recommendations?
We would recommend Native development if you want to create a stable large-scale App. If you’re short on time we would recommend you to build a Hybrid App, but note that it’s not really suitable for a major App.
11. What are the key factors that you consider before deciding the cost of a mobile application?
It depends on the project complexity and its duration.
12. What kind of payment structure do you follow to bill your clients? Is it Pay per Feature, Fixed Cost, Pay per Milestone (could be in phases, months, versions etc.)
We use Pay per Milestone payment structure.
13. Do you take in projects which meet your basic budget requirement? If yes, what is the minimum requirement? If no, on what minimum budget you have worked for?
We take in any projects but the recommended budget is 5000$.
14. What is the price range (min and max) of the projects that you catered to in 2016?
The price range was around 5000-25000$ per project.
15. Which business model do you suggest to your clients enabling them to generate revenue from mobile applications? Why?
We would suggest them, B2B model. Start-ups must focus on business needs otherwise there’s a high chance of project to fail.