Q&A of Web Development
Just to let you know, it is not about where do you hire a professional team of web developers, but it is all about how to hire the best web developers. Once you have the answer to it, you will automatically know where to hire them. We all know the importance of hiring a professional web agency and how it can help you take your business to new heights.
In the search of the best web agency, businesses make a list of highly-rated web development firms and review them all. They quote all potential agencies with their queries and requirements to find the best amongst them. You can do the same. But the question is - does a bunch of mails could help you decide which is the best option for you? Well, not entirely! Along with that, you also have to ensure that a web agency meets certain criteria in order to be the best choice. Now talking about the criteria, well, there are certain things to need to review in a potential web agency. These are:
- Go through the portfolio
- Ask for references
- Know about the development teams and their coding knowledge
- Experience of working on the platform on which you want your website to be built.
- Ask for a work statement that defines what all sorts of services they will be given to you.
- Look for relevant industry experience.
- What is the cost and what’s your budget
Now you have the tips to hire a professional web development agency, you can easily that one best option for you considering all your requirements, expectations, and budget. And when you have chosen the best web agency for you, it is a lot easier for you to get the answer about where to hire them. You can connect with them through their website or from the very same email through which you ask them for their quote.
Making forecasts is considered to be one of the most challenging tasks for even the most proficient experts. Although we have efficient tools for tracking market trends, it is almost impossible to predict futuristic events with complete accuracy. Unexpected factors often affect the web landscape. However, some forecasts have transformed from a bold idea into real-life technology.
Let’s discuss some predictions made for the web development scenario:
1. Artificial intelligence
AI is often defined as something very distant and fictional. But in reality, AI is already here. Artificial Intelligence scans the surrounding world and adjusts its operations based on gathered information. Apple’s Siri and Google’s Search are excellent examples of how this technology works. These platforms analyze human speech, track patterns, and optimize the user experience to satisfy individual user’s requirements.
Speech recognition technology was a breakthrough as it was not developed as promised. Since that time, relevant breakthroughs have been noticed. High-quality voice input programs have become accessible and play a significant role in web and mobile development. This expansion in the speech recognition technology makes it one of the fastest developing AI trends.
In the corporate world, the successful implementation of voice recognition tools is closely connected with SEO. Many web developers design their SEO campaigns based on voice queries. It is critical to cover all the primary phrases used by potential clients.
Prediction: AI will enter all industries and become an indispensable part of our lives soon.
With websites getting launched every other day in the market, it has become challenging to impress your target audience and get their attention. An excellent way to outpace your competition is to make your website interactive and user-friendly. It is equally crucial to track and satisfy your user’s requirements, so they enjoy using your services.
Today’s web developers pay attention to minimizing the number of actions required to find information or goods. Some platforms have taken technology to the next level and invite customers to personalize their purchases. These websites enable users to upload a photo and try on accessories or make-up, build a 3D model of their dream home, assemble a car from different spare parts, and multiple other tasks that customize their shopping experience. Hence, Interactivity plans a vital role in website development.
Prediction: Throughout the approaching decade, web developers will strive to supplement their products with interactive features and make the navigation of online platforms more responsive and user-friendly.
3. Internet of Things
IoT has long been a bold but distant concept that is, at last, claiming its place in the market. IoT technologies enable us to gather and store the data in the webspace. This technology helps the users retain less information in our heads so we can use real-life resources more efficiently. In many ways, IoT was made possible because of the cloud connectivity. One of the most famous examples of IoT is a fitness tracker, with the help of which users can scan their owner’s physical activities, store and process data on health optimization platforms, and offer recommendations for improving workouts. Some devices can even diagnose a user’s current state of health and reveal illnesses based on biometric data.
Prediction: IoT will continue to develop and reach its full potential in 2025-2030.
4. The Expansion Of Python
All the latest technologies are based on flexible, expandable, and resilient programming languages such as Python. Even though it emerged in 1991, it continues to make a way in our lives even today, with more exciting applications being invented every year. Python’s popularity in the IT sector and is adopted by Google, Facebook, NASA, Youtube, and various other international firms. Python programming language offers an excellent platform for AI, API integration, ML, and several other high-tech trends.
Prediction: By 2020, Python will attain the position of leading programming language.
5. Self-Developed Websites
Nowadays, tools like WordPress and Dreamweaver have efficiently simplified website development processes. Web developers continue to invent new personalized CMS programs that enable retailers to design their online stores without writing code. Advancements in software development will minimize the requirement of front-end developers. The expert technicians in this niche will perform the customized task, and shift to the back-end, consulting, and service platforms.
Prediction: Manual front-end coding does not consist of a long life cycle. Corporate experts will develop almost all site elements without assistance and make well-informed decisions without the experience holders.
The above-mentioned technological advancements will lead to the future of web development.
While starting to build software, your foundation knowledge should be firm and absolute. All software technologies come with some strengths, weaknesses, history, and culture. Your motive should be to make wise choices that could make your project successful. This is because poor choices always tend to cause difficulties.
Below are some of the important things to consider while making technology choices for your project. The list is indeed not intended to be exhaustive, but it is definitely going to be helpful for you to start your software development project.
- Solving the unique technical problem: Most of the software projects are implemented using various technology combinations. Some projects require specific approaches to succeed. If you are a tech-innovator and your software can solve a unique technical problem, it would be worth investing in it.
- Do not copy other’s technological decisions: If the programming language X has worked for someone, then it is not necessary that it would work for you as well. Use your mind and do not copy what others are doing.
- Use technologies fit for your company values: You have to think of the type of team and culture your development team has in your company before deciding upon choosing the technologies for your company values. Are you a giant one listed among Fortune 500 companies or just a startup, choose wisely what seems best for your company.
- Keep a close eye over industry trends: Keep visiting some intellectual and informational tech sites like HotFrameWorks, Trends.BuiltWith and GoogleTrends to understand where various technologies stand in terms of popularity over time.
- Do not be over-influenced by the industry trends: Programming trends change frequently. So, instead of jumping on to one, find a reliable developer that could help you out finding the best technology for your software development project.
- Keep your options open: Do not restrict yourself to one thing. Avoid technologies that limit you when your company makes a shift after a time. Keep your options for various technologies open and use them up.
- Technology adoption lifecycle: Learn about the technology adoption lifecycle and know where your company is standing within it.
- Quality of developers: Great programmers always look for great programming technologies. So, choose your developers wisely.
- Performance and scalability: Constant and scalable performance of the software developed is important whether you are market testing a new idea or building some healthcare-related product or anything else.
- Marketing plan: If you are looking towards good marketing measures for apps, then developing both the Android and iOS versions is preferable. Otherwise, it would affect your advertising plan.
- Software Portability: Some platforms make software portability easier than others do.
- The long-term cost of your technology decision: The long-term cost covers licensing fees, developer program memberships, specialized hosting, etc.
- Benefit from third party code: If you want to benefit from the third party coding, quality frameworks and libraries can help you with saving your weeks of development time.
- Optimize for your problems in future: Scalability, performance, or some other non-technical issues like viral user adoption could be your hardest problem. Instead of compromising, you should recognize your problem and find the relevant solution.
- Discuss technology needs with your developer: Share your requirements with your developer and listen to what they recommend. Stop looking like a nail when you can behave like a hammer.
Follow the stated tips and get on to choose the best technology for your software development project. All the best!
DevOps is a software development strategy. It is developed to produce and release quality software at high speed. It is focused on agile methodologies, automation, and continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD).
CI/CD pipelines contain system access, codebases, and environment configurations. It makes the pipeline vulnerable. There are a few steps that can improve the security of this pipeline.
Here are the steps the DevOps team can set up the pipeline securely.
1) Scan dependency
The dependency scanning can identify issues in your tools as well as within your projects. The scanning tools can create inventories of dependencies and check these against known vulnerabilities and versions. Make sure your dependencies are scanned and are up to date. In case if you are using multiple versions of dependencies, one can consider reducing your dependency.
2) Container scanning
Scan the container; it means to scan the container in which your pipeline services and applications are tested, deployed, or developed. This step needs to performed periodically throughout your development process. It is a good practice to scan any master images you may be building environments from. It is much easier to fix vulnerabilities at the source than addressing issues while deploying containers.
3) End-points protection
DevOps pipelines have a number of sensitive endpoints. From build servers to repositories to developer workstations, they all have loopholes. Deploy endpoint protection by empowering them with next-generation antivirus endpoint protection systems. They should also include endpoint detection and response (EDR) tools that help security teams to identify any suspicious activity on an endpoint.
4) Static Application Security Testing
Static Application Security Testing can scan code in a white box testing process. It can help you find issues related to logic, syntax, complexity, and vulnerable methods. The tools can provide real-time insight to problems on a line by line basis directly from your code editors. While using tools, make sure it does not interfere with developer workflows and display only relevant, clear results.
5) Runtime Protection
Try to implement runtime protections to protect against those threats you have not yet identified. Make sure the protection you apply has strong access control and verify the users have the minimum necessary privileges. To further enhance the security level, deploy applications with the RASP (Runtime Application Self-Protection) tool. It is an automated tool you can use to secure applications during runtime. It acts as a security framework inside your apps, continuously scanning traffic, and blocking suspicious activity.
6) Implement IDS (Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
Use the IDS or Intrusion Detection System. It can analyze traffic for unusual activity, based on predefined rules and policies, and alert security teams to suspicious activities. IDS in the DevOps pipeline ensures that only validated users are accessing your code. Users can also set up a system for alert whenever there is an alteration in environment images, configurations, and deployment settings.
7) Segment networks
It involves grouping application servers and resources into separate units. It will help you to reduce the number of potential access points for attacks.
8) Pipeline Monitoring
Use a centralized monitoring tool. Without centralization, unusual incidents and issues are likely to be missed. The pipeline monitoring tool helps you to aggregate log data and alerts.
9) Secrets management
Make sure the embedded credentials are removed from code, files, scripts, service accounts, tools, cloud platforms, and so on.
10) Security tools for DevOps
There are few tools that could help to strengthen your DevOps pipeline security,
- LogRhythm SIEM
- Venafi Trust Protection Platform
- Charles Proxy
- OWASP Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP)
- Checkmarx AppSec Accelerator
DevOps security in the early phase of the product lifecycle ensures that security spans through every part of application and systems development.
Well, it is tough to justify the word ‘best’. But yes, with MEAN stack one can build a web application in a very efficient way.
MongoDB is a platform which provides database without any relationship between documentation. Yes, it is a schemaless database that holds data in JSON format. Each document in a collection is simple to understand. It is also used for various other purposes such as storing files, preparing the index, load balancing, and aggregation.
Express.js is wrapping up the node.js things within it. Node.js can do all those things which are done by express.js. But Express.js wraps those things in a good manner. Here Express.js provides API endpoints to render data from MongoDB. It is used to host Node.js projects.
Node.js is a platform which provides easily build fast and scalable network applications. It can handle multiple requests on a single service without them blocking each-other and hence it is non-blocking. Here it is the foundation of Express.
MongoDB provides more efficient and simple data storing. Node.js provides a better runtime environment to run an application on the server. On the other hand, Express.js helps to standardize how you build your websites. Angular.js stands to provide a clear path to add functions by using AJAX-driven rich components.
Nowadays Mean stack is in trend to develop a web app. Though there are always pros and cons. The majority of the requirements are fulfilled by the MEAN stack. So MEAN stack is not the bad option for web development.
WordPress is not the most alluring platform but with its ability to instill a vast range of plugins in customizing your site, surely makes it the most preferred content management system. Interestingly there are more than 3Lakh WordPress websites existing on the World Wide Web and more than 40,000 plugins boasted by Blog Tool, Publishing Platform, and CMS — WordPress.org itself. Well, figures can be overwhelming and choosing the right plugin takes a little more than looking up on Google.
Talking of best affiliate plugins, there is a whole list of amazing tools but the question is; what is best for you? Here is a list of tools and some insights to help you choose one!
- Pretty Links
- Thirsty Affiliates
- Affiliate Royale
- Ultimate Affiliate Pro
- Affiliates Manager
- YITH WooCommerce Affiliates
- Affiliates By itthinx
- RefferalCandy for WooCommerce
All the above tools greatly support in creating a vast lead source. However, these tools are best used with Blog Tool, Publishing Platform, and CMS — WordPress.org and not with WordPress.com: Create a Free Website or Blog: Create a Free Website or Blog. Out of all the twelve, Pretty Links and Thirsty Affiliates secure position in the top 2. This is because these are the best affiliate management tools.
Pretty Links is trusted by over 200,000 websites.
- It allows you to add links to your posts, create short and memorable URLs for social media/podcasts and cloak affiliate links.
- Apart from these basic features, it also enables auto-linking to automatically add affiliate links for certain keywords.
- In case, where links are returning Error 404, it allows you to set up redirects.
- Finally, you can track the performance of the links by monitoring the details provided by this tool on the admin’s dashboard.
Thirsty Affiliates is another powerful management tool that helps you manage your links easily from the dashboard itself.
- It provides all the functionalities of Pretty links i.e., adding links to posts, auto-linking, and also keeping track of the performance of each link.
- As an add-on, you can also categorize links to well-manage your collaborated partners.
To determine the best tool for your business, you need to consider the following:
Define your needs:
Different plugins will provide different features. To be able to choose correctly you need to determine your requirements.
22% of WordPress sites are hacked due to plugins failing the site’s robustness. Choose one that is frequently updated.
It is another plugin that will tell if any security issues are fixed. It also tells you features that come with a plugin and the more it is updated means the developers are rigorously meeting the demands of the users.
Depending on your budget, pick between paid v/s free plugins. Although, with paid, one can enjoy an added range of features.
To conclude, the listed affiliate plugins will surely meet your determined requirements and enable you to manage your affiliate links efficiently.
I assume with your question that you must be a naive developer and wishing to design your own piece of classroom management software for your project. You might want to have personalized learning, especially today, when the concept of AR and VR is immensely popularizing.
Classroom management software can be developed using any programming language. It depends upon the time and resources you have to build the required software.
However, if you want to develop a cross-functional system, I would recommend you to select the one between Java and .Net. First, you should analyze and include the modules and features you want it to have and then go to choose the programming language and architecture of the system and database. You can even integrate the social media platforms into your app as well.
Now let me tell how you could get that system build for your classroom management project.
The classroom management system is uniquely designed to make a sophisticated timetable that considers all types of courses, classrooms, staff and students for their respective time slots.
Modules of the Online Classroom Management System:
· Log In
· Forgot Password
· Time Table
System Design of Online Classroom Management System:
A few planned steps are required for designing the classroom management system and these steps can be illustrated based on the E-R diagram and use-cases of the systems. These diagrams facilitate us to create the needed entities to store data correctly so that it can be utilized for future references and usage.
E-R DIAGRAM OF ONLINE CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
· Student ID (Primary Key)
· Subject ID (Primary Key)
· Room ID (Primary Key)
· Room Number
· Number of Fans
· Number of ACs
· Number of Gates
· Building ID (Primary Key)
· Staff ID (Primary Key)
· Phone Number
Entity Time Table:
· Table ID (Primary Key)
· Student ID (Foreign Key)
· Staff ID (Foreign Key)
· Subject ID (Foreign Key)
· Room ID (Foreign Key)
· Admin (Primary Key)
Use Case of Online Classroom Management System
Here the word ‘use case’ suggests that there are two types of users of this system: Registered Users and Admin. When an external user accesses the system by logging in and move to the timetable area, he would be able to see that most of the tasks are done by the Admin to make it much relevant through creating a timetable and connecting all dots of the system.
Some important points to consider:
· Keep things simple and consistent
· Make proper use of colour and distinction
· Observe the use of typography
· Simplified forms
· Consider feedback messages
Finally, here you get your custom-made online classroom management system. It can perfectly manage the classes by putting the courses in the rooms at a particular time. Hence, the system works properly.
Classroom Management Software
If you are looking for some ready-made or automated solutions, you can utilize some of the best quality classroom management software programs. Most of them have reported super performance and can be easily customized according to the requirements.
Get the list of top-rated Classroom Management Software
Check the best classroom management software blog for getting more information in this regard.
Web development involves a wide range of activities, from developing a simple static page consisting of plain text to complicated web-based internet applications, social network services, and electronic businesses. Usually, web development is referred to coding and writing markup. Content management systems are used in web development to manage content, and they just need the users to have fundamental technical skills.
In the rapidly growing global market, finding a reliable web development company to build an excellent website is critical for businesses, especially for start-ups.
India is, though, among the most popular destinations to hire the best company for website development. With regularly introducing new tools and technologies, customers feel it challenging to decide the best choice for their business. Hence, I am giving you a list of the top-five web development companies that are ruling the market today.
Promatics Technologies –Promatics is a leading name for web and mobile application development in the ever-evolving digital landscape. It is a CMM level III certified company that has completed over 3000 projects. It holds the repeat business rate of 60% with having vast domain knowledge and expertise in multiple business verticals.
Zealous Systems– Zealous Systems holds a significant global presence among top web and mobile app development companies in India. The expert solutions at the company are ranged from open-source, e-commerce to cross-platform functionalities to create iOS, Android, and web-based apps.
Aalpha Information Systems India Pvt Ltd. – Aalpha Information Systems is one of the leading and top-rated web and mobile app development firms. They are experts in innovative project outsourcing and assure the excellent agile process of development to its customers.
Now, check some important points before comparing, analyzing, and choosing a company that fits in best as per your requirements:
· If a company takes time to review your needs and talks back with an in-depth conversation about your goals, objectives and site functionality. It is good to choose it, as it pays attention to detail and works back to retain its clients.
· Your chosen firm should have relevant B2B manufacturing experience in the industry.
· The web company of your choice should have expert staffs on board.
· A company that does all the work in-house and has a dedicated development team and a project manager for your project is better to look for. They should have a real office as well where you can physically visit.
· If your proposal comes with a list of references, then it is good to take on. You can cross-check with the references provided to know about how efficient your service company is.
If the firm that you chose meets the above-discussed criteria, then you can surely give it a try.
Before I jump into my answer, I’d like to put some light on how you can evaluate or identify your RIGHT development partner. Today, there are tens of thousands of Website & App agencies out there in the United States alone and each of them are buzzing out with their offerings on every other online platform.
So with all these information, how you can identify, which companies should be the good one & a right fit for your organization or for your personal project. Based on my experience, I have listed down some of the preliminary questions/information you should look for to filter down your options by almost 70 to 80%.
Evaluation Criteria’s are divided into two major categories; one is Company Evaluation, to know if they are best FIT for you as an organization. And another is Project Evaluation, to identify if they hold capability & past expertise of delivery you the solution you are looking for.
1. How long the company is into business? More the experience, better the industry & domain knowledge they must be carrying to help you achieve your immediate & futuristic goals.
2. Are they offering end to end solution i.e. Web & App both in-house? This will help you covering all your technical needs at single place, rather than picking multiple agencies for different tasks/platforms.
3. Do they hold any global certifications or awards or accolade given by third party, which can speak about their credibility & proven track record as an organization?
4. Look for their current & past clientele and their testimonials to learn more about their client experience. You can refer third-party platform like Goodfirm for balanced review.
1. Does company hold relevant industry & domain knowledge? It is always advisable to check whether company have previous experience working on similar domain & industry, as it will help you a lot while defining & planning a solution. An experience company, can always come up with lot of new ideas and suggestions which you as a customer cannot think off at planning stage.
2. Are they adapting or already working upon latest technology stack. It is very important to identify this fact, as your idea can be converted in a Website or an App using number of programming languages, but it will be truly reliable & scalable only if your tech partner has selected right programming language & database that can withhold your current & futuristic demands. More better the technology is, more robust & scalable your platform will be.
3. What kind of on boarding & execution process do they follow? Are they taking enough of time in analysing your requirements in detail before planning the solution? Planning stage is very important and critical for any business idea. The more better you plan, the more easier your execution & operation will become. So always ensure, your selected company is following proper analysis phase & spending enough of time to understand your business needs.
4. And last but not least, what are their project planning, execution & delivery processes. Each company have their own way of client onboarding & execution processes which cannot always be right for every project. In this case, you should always look for companies who are adapting & following standard project planning & execution practices. In terms of IT, you can look for companies who are carrying CMMI Level 3 & 5 Certification whoese major focus is upon planning & execution.
I am sure above information will help you and number of other readers alot while they are searching for their next TECHNOLOGY partner. I am Business Head and lead technology consultant at OpenXcell and I assist both clients and businesses with their technology needs. If you need any assistance with your Web requirements or even just for a free consultation, feel free to reach out at Email/Skype: Top Mobile App Development Company in USA & India | OpenXcell.
OpenXcell is CMMI Level 3 certified organization incorporated in 2009 and headquartered in the USA. OpenXcell is an industry-leading & most reliable software and mobile app development company known for delivering innovative software solutions and engaging mobile apps. You can visit Top Mobile App Development Company in USA & India | OpenXcell to learn more about our organization.
Like any other agency, we are not merely a delivery firm who just follow instructions from the client and deliver the solution. But infact, we go one step ahead and take a consultative approach, where we not only assist you with your Short Term Goals, but also give you a futuristic vision about your solution & how it can be achieve.
We initiate our process with requirement understanding session, where we align you with Business Manager & Technical Consultant who discuss with you in detail about your requirements. Basis upon your concept, we do our market research, study current competition, and by consolidating all our past experience, we come up with our approach document.
Once you are happy & convince with our overall understanding & approach, we then share with you our proposal & next steps to move ahead with the project.