Q&A of Web Development
According to one of the , around 5038 apps are released on the App Store, and Google Play daily. That puts tremendous pressure on mobile app developers to launch mobile apps quickly before anybody else releases it. Also, it should be responsive, bug-free, and user-friendly. Facebook sensed this early and brought an ingenious solution in the form of React Native.
( Image source: ITFIRMS)
React Native framework was initially designed only for developing mobile applications but later customized by contributors to use it for building desktop apps as well. React Native increase mobile app development speed by 30-40%.
If your requirement revolves around building interactive web interfaces, go for ReactJS, and if it is around building cross-platform native apps, then React Native is the right choice.
Let's see some more details on React Native characteristics.
(Image source: Codeburst.io)
Here are some reasons why React Native is the future of mobile application,
- Unlike Cordova, PhoneGap, and other cross-platform frameworks that render code via WebView, React Native renders certain code components with native API’s.
- Common logic layer can be re-used, therefore reducing the time and cost behind coding.
- There is no need to develop an app twice for different platforms(Android/ iOS).
- Developers can push the updates to the user’s phone without having to go through the app store update cycle.
- It helps developers to reduce the efforts required to create new logics, integrating different APIs for two different platforms.
- Developers can optimize the efficiency of an app by combining components of Objective-C, Java, or Swift with React Native code.
- It has got shorter development cycles. “Hot Reload” feature allows the developer to keep the app running while implementing new versions and tweaking the UI.
- React Native developers can use many developer tools present in React JS.
- It has over 1.6k contributors who have committed code to this framework’s codebase.
Here are few updates of React Native roadmap in 2019
- TurboModules: It allows JS code to load each module when it’s really needed (currently they’re initialized even when they’re not used)
- CodeGen: a tool that automates the compatibility between JS and native side
Though it is facing stiff competition from Google flutter, there is a lot of hope from React Native, especially with their updates mentioned above.
The future of the framework looks all shiny, as such, the in his interview predicts “ I believe that the web, mobile and developing UI on other platforms will converge, and "react" will be one design pattern that people will use to build applications.”
As per my experience I can suggest you to go with the web app usecase.
- Go | Python
- PHP | Java | Dart(Flutter)
You have to make checklist for your requirements and based on that you can Google it and compare all the usecases.
In this current digital age, everyone wishes to access information instantaneously, and most of the business try to offer a robust mobile app which provides better user experience to their users. There are a plethora of mobile application development frameworks which are available and React Native is among them.
React Native is essentially a cross-platform mobile application development framework, similar to PhoneGap, and it is utilized to develop an extensive app for both iOS and Android smartphones. Let’s have a look at what why should you choose React Native for mobile app development. Listed below are some of the reasons.
1. Best Suited for Budget Constraints Development Project
Whenever you are starting your own business, money remains to be the most significant factor which you are generally concerned about. Every startup wishes to achieve faster returns at a lesser time to survive in this highly-competitive tech-savvy market. They have to develop faster as well as stay longer. The main reason to hire React Native developer is that you will certainly save a significant amount of money and time by opting for React Native for mobile application development.
2. Provides Cross-Platform App Development
3. Plethora of Outcomes
On the basis of ideas, react native app development allows the developer to perform tasks which are quite complex utilizing simple codes. This framework utilizes the UI library that is created by Facebook in order to create more straightforward and simple codes for implementing as well as executing ReactJS. At the very core, react native developer has “Live Reload ” feature. It allows the developer to operate on code changes in real-time and make corrections while the entire app is loading.
4. A fixed goal on User Interface and Native API Access
5. Lower Memory Usage
It is quite compatible with a plethora of third-party plugins. React Native tools offer smoother run time. This lucrative framework, along with its vastly-diversified modules, the third-party involvement is quite easy. Without utilizing WebView, the developer can easily connect various modules to the plugins through using native modules.
This phase is actually directly linked with the entire app outcome features which allow it to provide a swifter response. The React Native for both iOS as well as Android platforms utilizes much less memory space since the cross-bridge linking isn’t actually required and most of the codes are utilized during the run-time. This makes React Native application development a great choice for developing faster apps.
- Frontend development controls everything that user sees and interacts with.
- It simply manages how things look.
- It is also called "client-side" development.
- Frontend comes in direct contact of the user.
- Backend development involves everything that communicates between the database and the browser i.e. logic and data.
- It manages how things work.
- It is called "server-side" development.
- Backend does not come in direct contact of the user.
- Java, Python, Ruby, .Net etc. are the languages used for backend development.
First of all, MEAN stack is application architecture using MongoDB, ElasticSearch/Express, AngularJS, and NodeJS. Correct me if I am wrong.
In my opinion no technology is good or bad for application. Technology should be selected based on what you want to achieve with your application.
Below are some recommended technology stack based on the type of application :
- Business intelligence: Elastic search, Kibana, Redshift, Nodejs.
- Realtime Application: Firestore, Nodejs
- Static Websites: Wordpress, MySQL
- Banking App: Oracle, Reactjs
- CRM: MongoDB, JavaSpring
Comment on this answer if you want to know more about the recommended tech stack for your application. I will try to help you.
We haven’t narrowed down any specific coding platform here because every website has its own specifications and needs and accordingly, their requirements vary.
Nevertheless, what has been generally observed is that developers choose their technology stack for building websites based on their specifications, like website types (static or dynamic), hosting services, databases, and O.S.
Consider this: Facebook and Google. They are both famous websites and best in their fields. They both deal with the large database, but their choice of the database server is different. Facebook uses “MySQL”, whereas Google has its own database called “Big Table”.It is the database that runs Google’s Internet search, Gmail, Google Maps, YouTube, and other products you’ve likely heard of. If Google wanted, they could have used MySQL, but their choice differs owing to their product’s purpose or goals.
From the above example, we can infer that diverse functionalities are at the core of the dynamic websites. Based on the functionalities, developers choose the programming language, framework, IDE, database servers, and hosting services. Besides that, they also keep in mind the website performance, user experience, and web development cost.
Here is the basic structure for the website development and segregated into two sections- Front end and back-end development.
The below table shows the various frameworks that developers use to develop the back-end and front-end of their website. There are other frameworks that we haven’t mentioned in the table are Phoenix, Flask, Pyramid, Vert.x, and Express.
We discussed above the database, framework, programming language that helps developers to make the website. It takes a lot of coding from the developer’s end to sync them and make it work uniformly. One can say, they all act together as a coding platform for the developer to develop a website.
However, modern-day developers have found a novel way to simplify their coding tasks. They have developed the platforms that can be used as a ready-to-use template for website development that requires minimum coding skills or no coding at all. It may or may not be suitable for complex websites, but for static websites, its worth using.
Best platform to develop a website
- Wordpress, Wix: For bloggers, WordPress is the best option. The biggest advantage of WordPress is they support varieties of plugins for website development. The user is not required to be a coding expert as WordPress offers tools to manage your website without hassle. With WordPress, it is easy to make a website search engine friendly. Wix is another alternative to Wordpress; with Wix, you can create and publish your site without spending a cent. It has an easy drop and drag option, which makes it even more admirable.
- Shopify, Magento: Shopify and Magento are the best development platform for an e-commerce website. Just like WordPress, Magento is an open-source ecommerce platform and free to use. It’s a powerful platform, but the average person will find it hard to achieve their vision without knowing how to code. Whereas, Shopify is an easy-to-use way for anyone to build a store with a drag and drop feature.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Adobe Dreamweaver allows you to code your website design directly, without having too much knowledge about programming. The software assists with visual editing and HTML editing. The advantage of Adobe Dreamweaver is that your website can be optimized for desktops as well as mobile devices, without spoiling the user experience.
- Gator by Hostgator: It is one of the largest web hosting providers in the world. The Gator builder is an all-in-one website building & hosting solution, which makes it a perfect website builder for businesses.
- Constant Contact Website Builder: Constant Contact website builder is the world’s first A.I powered website builder. Their intelligent A.I.builder helps you build a custom website within minutes.
There are numerous other website builders you can consider like BigCommerce, Weebly, Squarespace, BoldGrid, and so on. If you know a little bit of code, you can even customize the website to your liking.
Big enterprises and businesses have a dynamic website, and they are specific about their website features. Usually, they hire software companies to develop their websites. Also, for large businesses website maintenance is a big challenge in which case hiring software development companies are preferable.
The ready-to-use development platform is more popular for small businesses and e-commerce sites. But as their business grows, they also need a dedicated developer for constant monitoring, tweaking, and maintaining the websites.
Your work does not completes after your website establishes. In fact, you have to be extra alert and work hard to maintain it if you are expecting some good returns. Not just about already established websites, some old web projects also need a little maintenance.
Page loading is important factor that matters a lot for the success of your website. When someone visits your site, it should load faster to retain the visitor on the site itself for long.
Believe me nobody wants to wait and when your web page takes a lot time to load, visitors abandon it and prefer moving on. This, as a result, eliminates the SEO value of your website and if not resolved soon, can have an adverse effect on your business too.
So, let me help you getting how to optimize your website’s loading time to get better returns in future.
1. First, measure the page load time of a web page and ‘time to first byte’.
2. Check and optimize the image size and format.
3. Optimize dependencies like plugins, CMS software, and tracking scripts.
4. Avoid Inline JS and CSS files.
5. Optimize caching.
6. Avoid render blocking scripts.
7. Avoid redirects.
8. Set up G-Zip encoding.
9. Reduce HTPP requests.
11. Reduce cookie size.
I hope these tips will work for you. Get to the on-page SEO basics to get the best results.
Web development involves a wide range of activities, from developing a simple static page consisting of plain text to complicated web-based internet applications, social network services, and electronic businesses. Usually, web development is referred to coding and writing markup. Content management systems are used in web development to manage content, and they just need the users to have fundamental technical skills.
In the rapidly growing global market, finding a reliable web development company to build an excellent website is critical for businesses, especially for start-ups.
India is, though, among the most popular destinations to hire the best company for website development. With regularly introducing new tools and technologies, customers feel it challenging to decide the best choice for their business. Hence, I am giving you a list of the top-five web development companies that are ruling the market today.
Promatics Technologies –Promatics is a leading name for web and mobile application development in the ever-evolving digital landscape. It is a CMM level III certified company that has completed over 3000 projects. It holds the repeat business rate of 60% with having vast domain knowledge and expertise in multiple business verticals.
Zealous Systems– Zealous Systems holds a significant global presence among top web and mobile app development companies in India. The expert solutions at the company are ranged from open-source, e-commerce to cross-platform functionalities to create iOS, Android, and web-based apps.
Aalpha Information Systems India Pvt Ltd. – Aalpha Information Systems is one of the leading and top-rated web and mobile app development firms. They are experts in innovative project outsourcing and assure the excellent agile process of development to its customers.
Now, check some important points before comparing, analyzing, and choosing a company that fits in best as per your requirements:
· If a company takes time to review your needs and talks back with an in-depth conversation about your goals, objectives and site functionality. It is good to choose it, as it pays attention to detail and works back to retain its clients.
· Your chosen firm should have relevant B2B manufacturing experience in the industry.
· The web company of your choice should have expert staffs on board.
· A company that does all the work in-house and has a dedicated development team and a project manager for your project is better to look for. They should have a real office as well where you can physically visit.
· If your proposal comes with a list of references, then it is good to take on. You can cross-check with the references provided to know about how efficient your service company is.
If the firm that you chose meets the above-discussed criteria, then you can surely give it a try.
Before I jump into my answer, I’d like to put some light on how you can evaluate or identify your RIGHT development part. Today, there are tens of thousands of Website & App agencies out there in the United States alone and each of them are buzzing out with their offerings on every other online platform.
So with all these information, how you can identify, which companies should be the good one & a right fit for your organization or for your personal project. Based on my experience, I have listed down some of the preliminary questions/information you should look for to filter down your options by almost 70 to 80%.
Evaluation Criteria’s are divided into two major categories; one is Company Evaluation, to know if they are best FIT for you as an organization. And another is Project Evaluation, to identify if they hold capability & past expertise of delivery you the solution you are looking for.
1. How long the company is into business? More the experience, better the industry & domain knowledge they must be carrying to help you achieve your immediate & futuristic goals.
2. Are they offering end to end solution i.e. Web & App both in-house? This will help you covering all your technical needs at single place, rather than picking multiple agencies for different tasks/platforms.
3. Do they hold any global certifications or awards or accolade given by third party, which can speak about their credibility & proven track record as an organization?
4. Look for their current & past clientele and their testimonials to learn more about their client experience. You can refer third-party platform like Goodfirm for balanced review.
1. Does company hold relevant industry & domain knowledge? It is always advisable to check whether company have previous experience working on similar domain & industry, as it will help you a lot while defining & planning a solution. An experience company, can always come up with lot of new ideas and suggestions which you as a customer cannot think off at planning stage.
2. Are they adapting or already working upon latest technology stack. It is very important to identify this fact, as your idea can be converted in a Website or an App using number of programming languages, but it will be truly reliable & scalable only if your tech partner has selected right programming language & database that can withhold your current & futuristic demands. More better the technology is, more robust & scalable your platform will be.
3. What kind of on boarding & execution process do they follow? Are they taking enough of time in analysing your requirements in detail before planning the solution? Planning stage is very important and critical for any business idea. The more better you plan, the more easier your execution & operation will become. So always ensure, your selected company is following proper analysis phase & spending enough of time to understand your business needs.
4. And last but not least, what are their project planning, execution & delivery processes. Each company have their own way of client onboarding & execution processes which cannot always be right for every project. In this case, you should always look for companies who are adapting & following standard project planning & execution practices. In terms of IT, you can look for companies who are carrying CMMI Level 3 & 5 Certification whoese major focus is upon planning & execution.
I am sure above information will help you and number of other readers alot while they are searching for their next TECHNOLOGY partner. I am Business Head and lead technology consultant at OpenXcell and I assist both clients and businesses with their technology needs. If you need any assistance with your Web requirements or even just for a free consultation, feel free to reach out at Email/Skype: [email protected]
OpenXcell is CMMI Level 3 certified organization incorporated in 2009 and headquartered in the USA. OpenXcell is an industry-leading & most reliable software and mobile app development company known for delivering innovative software solutions and engaging mobile apps. You can visit https://www.openxcell.com/ to learn more about our organization.
Like any other agency, we are not merely a delivery firm who just follow instructions from the client and deliver the solution. But infact, we go one step ahead and take a consultative approach, where we not only assist you with your Short Term Goals, but also give you a futuristic vision about your solution & how it can be achieve.
We initiate our process with requirement understanding session, where we align you with Business Manager & Technical Consultant who discuss with you in detail about your requirements. Basis upon your concept, we do our market research, study current competition, and by consolidating all our past experience, we come up with our approach document.
Once you are happy & convince with our overall understanding & approach, we then share with you our proposal & next steps to move ahead with the project.
Thanks for asking this question. Let me tell you my own story. Based on my account, you will be able to decide what is the cost of building a website in Magento.
I did eCommerce lifestyle startup " Yuvastyle.com " in 2012 and was competing against eCommerce giants like Myntra, Fashionara, Flipkart ( Amazon was not in India ). We developed our eCommerce website in Magento considering the following points :
- Cost of development is low as website use the ready-made community version of Magento. We can host it and get started.
- Magento developer availability was good.
- Magento developer community and forum participation was excellent.
- Extension store of Magento had hundreds of ready-use plugins.
- Being a software service company we did some projects in Magento for our customers.
eCommerce website was only 10% of our business but took 40-50% of our time.
Everything looked good until we started scaling our business to around 50 orders a day. Following are problems we faced with Magento :
- Magento website will go damn slow with an increase in concurrent users. Sometimes, it will go down.
- With slowness, we blamed our AWS infrastructure and started scaling our servers from small to medium to large to xlarge. I was paying $8K to $10K per month to AWS to keep my Magento website up and running.
- We hired some expert Magento consultants ( expensive once ) considering that current developers are not able to find the problems. Experts advised us to use caching for faster delivery. We started using Redis/Memcache, which increase AWS billing again.
- We reached out to Magento to resolve scalability issue, and they pitched us Magento Enterprise, which was $14K per year. We analyzed the proposal and found that only difference between community and enterprise was support and few additional features which were not required by us.
- I focused on the website ( I am a programmer too ) and found some problems with extension and code optimization. We removed the extension ( lost some required features ) and took more time to optimize the current website. Optimization made website scalable for some more time.
In 2014, we stopped Yuvastyle as we were burning money and were not able to make any profits. We analyzed our failure, and using Magento was one of the reason. It was a wrong decision to use Magento, either I would have used Shopify, Bigcommerce, and focused on business. Magento cost us a lot of time and money which we could have used to solve other core business problem. eCommerce website was only 10% of our business but took 40-50% of our time.
Cost of developing a Magento website is not high, but the cost of maintaining and scaling is exorbitant. Please don't go for it. It's my recommendation.