Q&A of Web Development
According to one of the , around 5038 apps are released on the App Store, and Google Play daily. That puts tremendous pressure on mobile app developers to launch mobile apps quickly before anybody else releases it. Also, it should be responsive, bug-free, and user-friendly. Facebook sensed this early and brought an ingenious solution in the form of React Native.
( Image source: ITFIRMS)
React Native framework was initially designed only for developing mobile applications but later customized by contributors to use it for building desktop apps as well. React Native increase mobile app development speed by 30-40%.
If your requirement revolves around building interactive web interfaces, go for ReactJS, and if it is around building cross-platform native apps, then React Native is the right choice.
Let's see some more details on React Native characteristics.
(Image source: Codeburst.io)
Here are some reasons why React Native is the future of mobile application,
- Unlike Cordova, PhoneGap, and other cross-platform frameworks that render code via WebView, React Native renders certain code components with native API’s.
- Common logic layer can be re-used, therefore reducing the time and cost behind coding.
- There is no need to develop an app twice for different platforms(Android/ iOS).
- Developers can push the updates to the user’s phone without having to go through the app store update cycle.
- It helps developers to reduce the efforts required to create new logics, integrating different APIs for two different platforms.
- Developers can optimize the efficiency of an app by combining components of Objective-C, Java, or Swift with React Native code.
- It has got shorter development cycles. “Hot Reload” feature allows the developer to keep the app running while implementing new versions and tweaking the UI.
- React Native developers can use many developer tools present in React JS.
- It has over 1.6k contributors who have committed code to this framework’s codebase.
Here are few updates of React Native roadmap in 2019
- TurboModules: It allows JS code to load each module when it’s really needed (currently they’re initialized even when they’re not used)
- CodeGen: a tool that automates the compatibility between JS and native side
Though it is facing stiff competition from Google flutter, there is a lot of hope from React Native, especially with their updates mentioned above.
The future of the framework looks all shiny, as such, the in his interview predicts “ I believe that the web, mobile and developing UI on other platforms will converge, and "react" will be one design pattern that people will use to build applications.”
Custom websites cost a minimum of $400 in India.The cost increases with every additional functionality and feature. Wrapping up,website development cost depends largely on the features, additional services, quality requirements, and lastly the company that is working on it.
Many times, a browser does not support a particular website, but the other one does. The problem is not with the browsers, but with the website. However, the website is not actually broken in such type of a case, but it lacks compatibility with different browsers. Yes, this is true. In fact, not a single website looks similar on different browsers even if they are compatible to them all. Look at the images given below. Facebook at Chrome looks different than Facebook at IE. In terms of colours, fonts, graphics etc., many changes can be witnessed just having a glance at the site.
Check another cross-browser compatibility issue with the image given below:
What are most frequent cross-browser issues and how cross-browser testing helps to eradicate them?
Besides Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, and Safari, there are hundreds of other web and mobile browsers available on the Internet. Each browser has different versions. Inconsistent views of a website across multiple browsers create cross-browser compatibility issues. Let us have a summary of some of the common cross-browser compatibility issues:
1. DOCTYPE Error –When the ‘doctype tag’ is missing in a webpage, it leads to faulty rendering.
2. No valid HTML/CSS –Here, the error occurs when a tag is missed to be closed. Some browsers might auto correct it, some may not. Hence, HTML/CSS code validation is implemented.
3. Absence of CSS reset –Browsers by default apply a design layout (CSS style) to a website. To implement a different design layout, the default one needs to be overridden.
4. Vendor specific functions –New browsers mostly hide their latest CSS functionality in front of the vendor-specific CSS style. To avoid this issue, users should add the function without the prefix as well.
Cross-browser testingmeans testing your website or application in multiple browsers. This applies to both web and mobile applications. This testing method is used to know what is wrong with the website so that it can be fixed and enhance its efficiency and user experience.
The two ways of cross-browser testing includes manual testing and automated testing to observe a website or application’s behaviour on different browsers and report a bug.
Now, let us discuss about some of the best cross-browser testing tools that are popular among the users. They are:
This cloud-based testing platform offers manual and automated cross-browser testing across more than 2000 browsers, OSes, and devices for free (basic version). It is trusted by more than 100,000 users. As per my opinion, this tool runs genuinely faster than the rest, especially on the desktops. If offers really clean UI, and easy-to-use testing experiences.
2. Sauce Labs:
Sauce Labs is one of the leaders in cross-browser testing market. It is a selenium based cloud solution for test automation on more than 260 browser platforms and devices. The state-of-the-art mobile testing it offers is exceptionally better than the others.
SmartBear software is a leading information technology company that delivers top-rated software testing solutions all across the globe. It offers cross browser testing solutions utilizing 1500+ browser configurations.
Browserstack is one of the oldest players in cross-browser testing arena with a huge market share. It is a cloud-based tool that lets you test your website or application on more than 2,000 browsers. It does not require any specific setup, and can run on interactive devices as well.
Now let’s compare these cross-browser testing solutions to know best about them. Refer the comparison chart given below:
Here, I have covered top-5 cross-browser testing tools, though there are many. Each of them differs in terms of budget, functionality and skill-set requirements. As per my personal opinion, you can try Browsershots, if you don’t want to invest much into a project. If you want to invest to get a higher degree of automation service, then Browserstack and SmartBear would be the best to choose. But for the real device-based experiences, you should definitely give LambdaTest a chance.
I hope these details will surely help you in automating your cross browser testing efforts.
In this current digital age, everyone wishes to access information instantaneously, and most of the business try to offer a robust mobile app which provides better user experience to their users. There are a plethora of mobile application development frameworks which are available and React Native is among them.
React Native is essentially a cross-platform mobile application development framework, similar to PhoneGap, and it is utilized to develop an extensive app for both iOS and Android smartphones. Let’s have a look at what why should you choose React Native for mobile app development. Listed below are some of the reasons.
1. Best Suited for Budget Constraints Development Project
Whenever you are starting your own business, money remains to be the most significant factor which you are generally concerned about. Every startup wishes to achieve faster returns at a lesser time to survive in this highly-competitive tech-savvy market. They have to develop faster as well as stay longer. The main reason to hire React Native developer is that you will certainly save a significant amount of money and time by opting for React Native for mobile application development.
2. Provides Cross-Platform App Development
3. Plethora of Outcomes
On the basis of ideas, react native app development allows the developer to perform tasks which are quite complex utilizing simple codes. This framework utilizes the UI library that is created by Facebook in order to create more straightforward and simple codes for implementing as well as executing ReactJS. At the very core, react native developer has “Live Reload ” feature. It allows the developer to operate on code changes in real-time and make corrections while the entire app is loading.
4. A fixed goal on User Interface and Native API Access
5. Lower Memory Usage
It is quite compatible with a plethora of third-party plugins. React Native tools offer smoother run time. This lucrative framework, along with its vastly-diversified modules, the third-party involvement is quite easy. Without utilizing WebView, the developer can easily connect various modules to the plugins through using native modules.
This phase is actually directly linked with the entire app outcome features which allow it to provide a swifter response. The React Native for both iOS as well as Android platforms utilizes much less memory space since the cross-bridge linking isn’t actually required and most of the codes are utilized during the run-time. This makes React Native application development a great choice for developing faster apps.
Opting out the best web application framework is not a simple task. There are different frameworks in the market, and each of them holds unique peculiarities. Some have strong as well as have the best scopes of implementation. An accurate selection of a framework can quicken the processes, while a hasty decision can cost you extra time, and budget.
Let’s have a glimpse into the top web development frameworks trending in 2019. These frameworks are famous, universal in use, and can be useful for many types of projects:
- Ruby on Rails:
Ruby on Rails is a highly prolific web application framework composed by David Heinemeier Hansson. One can produce an application ten times quicker with Rails than a typical Java framework. Moreover, Rails incorporates everything required to create a database-driven web application, using the Model-View-Controller pattern.
Latest Version: Rails 5.0.0.beta2
Another framework that assists in building high-quality websites is Django . It was created to meet fast-moving newsroom deadlines while meeting the adhesive conditions of experienced Web developers. Django developers say that the applications developed with it are ridiculously fast, reliable, scalable and agile.
Latest Version: Django 1.9.2
3. Angular (previously known as Angular Js):
Angular is a framework developed by Google (formerly exhibited by Misko Hevery and Adam Abrons) which assists the users in creating influential Web Apps. It is a framework that is employed to develop large scale and high-performance web applications but is easy-to-maintain. Many different web apps are made with Angular and can be found here
Latest Version: Angular 7.1.5
ASP.NET is a framework that is produced by Microsoft. It helps the users to develop sturdy web applications for PC and mobile devices. It is a lightweight framework that gives high performance in building web applications using .NET. In brief, it is a framework with power, productivity, and speed.
Latest Version: ASP.NET 5 (ASP.NET Core 1.0)
Meteor or MeteorJS is another framework that provides users a thoroughly simple way to create real-time mobile and web apps. It supports speedy prototyping and offers cross-platform (Web, Android, iOS) code. It also covers the cloud platform Galaxy that greatly elucidates deployment, scaling, and monitoring.
Latest Version: Meteor 1.2.1
The above mentioned are the top web frameworks that are flexible and adaptable to different types of projects. All of them are excellent, but which is the best web framework for your project? It all depends on the requirements and project specifications. So, consider the benefits and limitations mentioned in the below-displayed comparison table to pick the one that will curtail your time and money in the long run.
- Frontend development controls everything that user sees and interacts with.
- It simply manages how things look.
- It is also called "client-side" development.
- Frontend comes in direct contact of the user.
- Backend development involves everything that communicates between the database and the browser i.e. logic and data.
- It manages how things work.
- It is called "server-side" development.
- Backend does not come in direct contact of the user.
- Java, Python, Ruby, .Net etc. are the languages used for backend development.
Frontend developers play very important role to beautify your website/mobile apps by designing simple and high quality user-interface. A well-made and engaging UI doesn’t only bring aesthetic value but also makes a product more trustworthy for users.
We are very well aware with the problems faced by every entrepreneur while trying to find frontend developers with sufficient level of experience.
Here at BIT LINKS TECH we charge from $7 to $30 per hour according to the work. we are specialized website development company in lahore. There are different level of experince front end developers in the market. Without knowing exact work its hard to tell.
Web development involves a wide range of activities, from developing a simple static page consisting of plain text to complicated web-based internet applications, social network services, and electronic businesses. Usually, web development is referred to coding and writing markup. Content management systems are used in web development to manage content, and they just need the users to have fundamental technical skills.
In the rapidly growing global market, finding a reliable web development company to build an excellent website is critical for businesses, especially for start-ups.
India is, though, among the most popular destinations to hire the best company for website development. With regularly introducing new tools and technologies, customers feel it challenging to decide the best choice for their business. Hence, I am giving you a list of the top-five web development companies that are ruling the market today.
Promatics Technologies –Promatics is a leading name for web and mobile application development in the ever-evolving digital landscape. It is a CMM level III certified company that has completed over 3000 projects. It holds the repeat business rate of 60% with having vast domain knowledge and expertise in multiple business verticals.
Zealous Systems– Zealous Systems holds a significant global presence among top web and mobile app development companies in India. The expert solutions at the company are ranged from open-source, e-commerce to cross-platform functionalities to create iOS, Android, and web-based apps.
Aalpha Information Systems India Pvt Ltd. – Aalpha Information Systems is one of the leading and top-rated web and mobile app development firms. They are experts in innovative project outsourcing and assure the excellent agile process of development to its customers.
Now, check some important points before comparing, analyzing, and choosing a company that fits in best as per your requirements:
· If a company takes time to review your needs and talks back with an in-depth conversation about your goals, objectives and site functionality. It is good to choose it, as it pays attention to detail and works back to retain its clients.
· Your chosen firm should have relevant B2B manufacturing experience in the industry.
· The web company of your choice should have expert staffs on board.
· A company that does all the work in-house and has a dedicated development team and a project manager for your project is better to look for. They should have a real office as well where you can physically visit.
· If your proposal comes with a list of references, then it is good to take on. You can cross-check with the references provided to know about how efficient your service company is.
If the firm that you chose meets the above-discussed criteria, then you can surely give it a try.
Before I jump into my answer, I’d like to put some light on how you can evaluate or identify your RIGHT development part. Today, there are tens of thousands of Website & App agencies out there in the United States alone and each of them are buzzing out with their offerings on every other online platform.
So with all these information, how you can identify, which companies should be the good one & a right fit for your organization or for your personal project. Based on my experience, I have listed down some of the preliminary questions/information you should look for to filter down your options by almost 70 to 80%.
Evaluation Criteria’s are divided into two major categories; one is Company Evaluation, to know if they are best FIT for you as an organization. And another is Project Evaluation, to identify if they hold capability & past expertise of delivery you the solution you are looking for.
1. How long the company is into business? More the experience, better the industry & domain knowledge they must be carrying to help you achieve your immediate & futuristic goals.
2. Are they offering end to end solution i.e. Web & App both in-house? This will help you covering all your technical needs at single place, rather than picking multiple agencies for different tasks/platforms.
3. Do they hold any global certifications or awards or accolade given by third party, which can speak about their credibility & proven track record as an organization?
4. Look for their current & past clientele and their testimonials to learn more about their client experience. You can refer third-party platform like Goodfirm for balanced review.
1. Does company hold relevant industry & domain knowledge? It is always advisable to check whether company have previous experience working on similar domain & industry, as it will help you a lot while defining & planning a solution. An experience company, can always come up with lot of new ideas and suggestions which you as a customer cannot think off at planning stage.
2. Are they adapting or already working upon latest technology stack. It is very important to identify this fact, as your idea can be converted in a Website or an App using number of programming languages, but it will be truly reliable & scalable only if your tech partner has selected right programming language & database that can withhold your current & futuristic demands. More better the technology is, more robust & scalable your platform will be.
3. What kind of on boarding & execution process do they follow? Are they taking enough of time in analysing your requirements in detail before planning the solution? Planning stage is very important and critical for any business idea. The more better you plan, the more easier your execution & operation will become. So always ensure, your selected company is following proper analysis phase & spending enough of time to understand your business needs.
4. And last but not least, what are their project planning, execution & delivery processes. Each company have their own way of client onboarding & execution processes which cannot always be right for every project. In this case, you should always look for companies who are adapting & following standard project planning & execution practices. In terms of IT, you can look for companies who are carrying CMMI Level 3 & 5 Certification whoese major focus is upon planning & execution.
I am sure above information will help you and number of other readers alot while they are searching for their next TECHNOLOGY partner. I am Business Head and lead technology consultant at OpenXcell and I assist both clients and businesses with their technology needs. If you need any assistance with your Web requirements or even just for a free consultation, feel free to reach out at Email/Skype: [email protected]
OpenXcell is CMMI Level 3 certified organization incorporated in 2009 and headquartered in the USA. OpenXcell is an industry-leading & most reliable software and mobile app development company known for delivering innovative software solutions and engaging mobile apps. You can visit https://www.openxcell.com/ to learn more about our organization.
Like any other agency, we are not merely a delivery firm who just follow instructions from the client and deliver the solution. But infact, we go one step ahead and take a consultative approach, where we not only assist you with your Short Term Goals, but also give you a futuristic vision about your solution & how it can be achieve.
We initiate our process with requirement understanding session, where we align you with Business Manager & Technical Consultant who discuss with you in detail about your requirements. Basis upon your concept, we do our market research, study current competition, and by consolidating all our past experience, we come up with our approach document.
Once you are happy & convince with our overall understanding & approach, we then share with you our proposal & next steps to move ahead with the project.
Thanks for asking this question. Let me tell you my own story. Based on my account, you will be able to decide what is the cost of building a website in Magento.
I did eCommerce lifestyle startup " Yuvastyle.com " in 2012 and was competing against eCommerce giants like Myntra, Fashionara, Flipkart ( Amazon was not in India ). We developed our eCommerce website in Magento considering the following points :
- Cost of development is low as website use the ready-made community version of Magento. We can host it and get started.
- Magento developer availability was good.
- Magento developer community and forum participation was excellent.
- Extension store of Magento had hundreds of ready-use plugins.
- Being a software service company we did some projects in Magento for our customers.
eCommerce website was only 10% of our business but took 40-50% of our time.
Everything looked good until we started scaling our business to around 50 orders a day. Following are problems we faced with Magento :
- Magento website will go damn slow with an increase in concurrent users. Sometimes, it will go down.
- With slowness, we blamed our AWS infrastructure and started scaling our servers from small to medium to large to xlarge. I was paying $8K to $10K per month to AWS to keep my Magento website up and running.
- We hired some expert Magento consultants ( expensive once ) considering that current developers are not able to find the problems. Experts advised us to use caching for faster delivery. We started using Redis/Memcache, which increase AWS billing again.
- We reached out to Magento to resolve scalability issue, and they pitched us Magento Enterprise, which was $14K per year. We analyzed the proposal and found that only difference between community and enterprise was support and few additional features which were not required by us.
- I focused on the website ( I am a programmer too ) and found some problems with extension and code optimization. We removed the extension ( lost some required features ) and took more time to optimize the current website. Optimization made website scalable for some more time.
In 2014, we stopped Yuvastyle as we were burning money and were not able to make any profits. We analyzed our failure, and using Magento was one of the reason. It was a wrong decision to use Magento, either I would have used Shopify, Bigcommerce, and focused on business. Magento cost us a lot of time and money which we could have used to solve other core business problem. eCommerce website was only 10% of our business but took 40-50% of our time.
Cost of developing a Magento website is not high, but the cost of maintaining and scaling is exorbitant. Please don't go for it. It's my recommendation.