Q&A of SEO
GoodFirms have now introduced an interactive Question/Answers portal where you can gain and share your knowledge about SEO. This platform enables you to ask questions, answer the questions posted by others, share the information, and engage with a global audience. Explore GoodFirms Q&A Community Portal to share your knowledge and interact with other thought-leaders.
Search engines analyze backlinks to rank the website’s significance and reliability. Search engine tools sneak through every readable part of web pages, including the links. The webpages with multiple links that are not appropriately implemented or found irrelevant are tossed to the bottom of the SERPs.
To overcome this, you can have a look at some of the white hat SEO technique for backlinking mentioned below:
1. Affiliation Links
Affiliation links are very crucial aspects of SEO and networking. It is one of the most accessible white hat link building techniques where you can ask an available website to include a link to your site on theirs. In return, you’re expected to do the same on your site. Affiliate links help to increase traffic to your site.
There are various business-oriented directories available online, like Google My Business and Yellow Pages. Search engine bots also screen these sites during the ranking process and read multiple instances of the same information as a sign of credibility. This results in higher rankings of the website on search engines. Once you have your running ensure you are part of such directories.
3. Linked Mentions
Linked mentions are nothing but reviews and recommendations. These mentions are other websites posts about your products and services. To obtain linked mentions, you must reach out to the web hosts asking them to acknowledge your products/services. Also, keep track of the sites that review and recommend your products and services as they could be helpful for your business’s networking opportunities.
Maintaining a blog on your website is one of the most attractive opportunities to gain higher rankings. Website owners can cover a variety of material related to their products and services in the blog section of their site. As more and more articles are added, it will expand your audience base. Moreover, it will cover a large number of keywords, thereby helping you earn the right amount of white hat links.
5. Guest Blogs
Guest blogs are one of the most effective white hat link building techniques and excellent networking and SEO opportunity. Most of the websites comprise a blog area that allows the web hosts to contribute a blog entry occasionally. You can develop a relationship with the site owners, along with including backlinks to your website. These business collaborations will often result in more backlinks to your site.
6. Internal Links
Internal links are links that are most commonly used in blogs, and that moves a web-visitor from one webpage to another. One of the ways is to include links of old blogs in new blogs. Search engines identify these links as other links that help in building your online credibility. Internal links also channelize traffic to more past links and give that particular article boost in views.
Consumers always appreciate infographics and other visuals. These infographics include cartoons and vibrant colors to help demonstrate facts and figures. It is believed that 65% of consumers recognize themselves as visual learners. Hence, creative and easy infographics can boost the rank of your blog as well as the site. The easily provided information in the form of images, videos, or infographics helps gain backlinks to your website.
So, the above mentioned few tactics are the most recommended white hat SEO techniques for backlinking.
Thanks for asking this question :
One single piece of SEO advice is " Be honest to yourself ". Because Google knows more about you, your company and your marketing effort than yourself.
Below are common mistakes people do in SEO :
1. Creating non-relevant content.
2. Creating another copy of same content.
3. Not investing in original content development.
4. Adding too many links to get backlinks.
5. Not creating proper content marketing strategy and doing it randomly.
6. Analyze the companies doing well in content marketing efforts.
There is no exact science to comprehend SEO. But you can say it is an approach to bring organic traffic to your website and rank them higher on search engines based on their guidelines.
At the core of this approach lies the two main techniques - On-page SEO and Off-page SEO.
In off-page SEO, there is not much modification required on the website, and it usually involves linking building, social media marketing, and brand mentions. While On-page SEO, you would be doing a lot of improvisation on website elements like optimizing titles and descriptions, fast loading pages, image optimization, proper URL structures, and so on.
On-page SEO techniques
1) Keyword Analysis (long-tail keywords, competitor keyword analysis)
Practically, keyword analysis is a prerequisite step of an on-page SEO, but it is so critical for SEO that it would be unfair to skip it over here. These days keywords have become more peculiar about its usage. It is no more about finding the “right” keywords and putting them into “right” places. Rather, it has become broader in its perception and built around the understanding of the audience’s mindset, as to what keywords they will use to search the product or service. This demands an in-depth keyword analysis, but don’t fret; there are tools available for keyword analysis.
- Besides the main keyword analysis, the analysis should also be done for long-tail keywords
- Another important metric is “Keyword Difficulty” (also known as keyword competition) that one should consider when doing keyword research. The higher the keyword difficulty, the harder it is to rank on the 1st SERP.
- The competitor’s keyword analysis is inevitable to rank higher in search engines. There are numerous ways to do competitor keyword analysis. Once done, you have to look for an area where you can beat your competitor. For example, your competitor has not optimized content for mobile; then you can outrank him by creating a mobile-friendly content with focused keywords.
2) Keyword placement
How you strategically position your keyword in web-pages is a key-factor for your page-ranking. We discussed later in detail about their importance in the title, the meta tags, and the meta description. But here are the areas where you can place your keywords.
( Source: blog.defactosoftware.com)
- Keyword in the title tag
- Keyword in the H1 tag
- Keyword in the permalink (URL)
- Keyword in the first paragraph
- Keyword in the image alt tag
- Use LSI keywords in the body
- Use LSI keywords in H2 or H3
- Keyword in the blog title
3) Title tags
A “title tag” describes the title of your web page or document, and it is displayed on the search engine. The ideal length is 50 – 60 characters. If your title tag exceeds 60 characters, Google will only show the first 60. Try to include keywords in your title tag. But do not confuse title tags with “h1” tags, though both describe what your webpage is about; they are not the same. The title tag appears on the search engine web page while the “h1” tag appears on your website heading (body text).
From the point of view of on-page optimization, “title tag” has more value than the “h1” tag, but it is better to optimize both. Use only one Title Tag and one H1 Header per webpage. Don’t repeat the same H1 heading text on other pages. If possible, begin the first word in the H1 with the keywords.
( Source: digitalmarketing.poetry.blog)
( Image source: powerdigitalmarketing.com)
4) Meta description
Google does not use the Meta description as a ranking signal; still, it has a massive effect on your page CTR (Click Through Rate) because it shows up in search results. There is no right length for meta description, but most people keep around 155 characters long. An ideal meta-description includes researched, targeted keywords in it as well as relevant content to the web-page. Never use the same meta description across your whole site. It should be compelling and also tells visitors what information the page holds. Also, do not forget to optimize your meta descriptions for mobile as most of the traffic these days come from it.
5) Alt tags
From an SEO perspective, each image should have an alt text. It is used within an HTML code to describe the appearance and function of an image on a page. The most popular screen readers limit “alt text” at around 125 characters, so it is recommended to keep the character limit around that count. It describes the search engine crawlers what the image is about, and helps them to index an image properly. It is a good idea to include keywords in the “alt text” but remember, don’t overdo it. You can also explore a long description for more complex images, but it should not exceed the word limit.
6) Page loading speed
In 2010, Google announced that page speed would impact your website ranking. However, it has also stated that only 1% of search engine results get penalized by the page speed factor, but that does not mean you should overlook a page loading speed. Page speed depends on many different factors like unoptimized browser, cheap web host, app and plugins, too many ads, heavy images, dense code, embedded media, widgets. By mitigating all these bottle-necks, your web-page could reduce the bounce rate and scale-up on search engine search results.
( source: section.io/blog)
7) Keyword density:
The term “keyword density” is often misinterpreted by SEO professionals. It's a myth that using keyword density; you can beat your competitor. According to Google’s Matt Cutts and other experts, there is ; instead, try and get related terms (LSI Keywords) on the page. It will add more value to your content. He also adds that all you have to be cautious is about the Keyword Stuffing. “Keyword stuffing” is a crime in Google's eye, and the penalty is unbearable. Sometimes not by choice but in desperation to rank better, people often cross the line and fall prey to keyword stuffing. They even repeat the same keyword in many pages resulting in “Keyword Cannibalization.” One sure way to save from keyword stuffing and keyword cannibalization is to use a variation of keywords, but it should look natural. Try to use long-tail keywords, each page should have unique targeted keywords, keep updating your content at regular intervals.
8) Robot.txt file:
( source: moz.com)
9) Internal linking
Internal linking is another key aspect of SEO. It makes it easier for search engines to find pages on your site. By inter-linking related pages, on your website, you are not only adding value to the content but also hooks visitors to the content for a longer period of time. But again, you have to be cautious while using internal linking your content like - link stuffing, using irrelevant links, use “dofollow” links, use internal links that look natural, use right anchor text, avoid frequent use of exact-match anchor text, and so on. You can also use tools that suggest a post for internal linking or use the “link” feature from Google search console to see the setup of your internal link. Though it is not mentioned here separately, remember that “high-quality” content ( blog/articles/newsletter) is the foremost priority, and without it, your on-page SEO would be like a lame person climbing the mountain.
( Image source: thetophints.com)
10) Schema mark-up
It is the least utilized form of SEO. Schema mark-up is the code that helps the search engines return more informative results for users. Rich snippets do make your web pages appear more prominently in SERPs, which can eventually help to improve click-through rates. It has great value from the point of local SEO. You can add schema markup for your article, carousel, local business, product, breadcrumb, videos, event, social profile, review snippet, Q&A page, and so on.
(Image source: searchengineland.com)
11) Insert keywords to website Url or Permalink
An organized URL structure enables search engines to crawl website pages more easily. It is not considered as a major ranking factor, but still, URL structure can be a little help to show higher on search engine results pages (SERPs) and impact the decision-making of searchers. It helps users to know what to expect on the page. Your URLs should contain keywords that reflect the relevant pages. Avoid using hashes and special characters in the URL, use small letters, and avoid keyword repetition. Also, implement “301 direct” wherever it is applicable.
Currently, backlinks are an essential aspect of getting higher rankings of your website on SERP's. But, it is also essential to ensure backlinks are from quality and authority sites.
There was a time when owners of a website used to pay for backlinks. But this is now considered as a black-hat tactic. In fact, today people are paying the same amount to remove bad or rather low quality links. These steps are taken as websites with low-quality backlinks do more negative than positive. These can badly impact a website's rankings on SERPs.
Tip: If you’ve abruptly lost traffic after a Google algorithm update, it is advisable to do a backlink analysis and remove the bad backlinks immediately.
Some essential things that needs to be considered:
1. Avoid using tools that detect and pitch for backlink removals automatically as there are chances that they might remove some of your best links.
2. Hiring a link removal company may turn out expensive and time-consuming, so it is advisable to do with an in-house team.
3. Make sure to submit a disavow report with all the bad backlinks or, you will end up with Google penalty.
How to get rid of Backlinks?
Removing bad backlinks is critical as well as a time-consuming process. There can be multiple backlinks on your website, and it is impossible to get rid of them all.
The best way to remove backlinks is to contact the webmaster and politely ask them to remove it from your site. It may be a time-intensive process as you need to send hundreds of requests to webmasters. But it is the safest and the best way to remove backlinks from your site.
Follow the below mentioned steps to remove bad links:
- Search for the link that you want to remove.
- Identify the contact information provided on the website. You can also contact them by the email address used to register the domain if no contact information is provided on site.
- After finding the contact details, send an email to the webmaster, clearly specifying the page and location of the link you want to remove.
- Send a follow-up if you’re not getting a reply in 5-10 business days.
- For the links that are not removed even after a follow-up, send a disavow report and submit it to Google Webmaster Tools.
Removing backlinks takes time, but it is essential for your website, hence you need to be patient with the process. This answer would help you understand the backlink removal process and its importance better.
I will say yes, link building is vital for your business. But you need to understand correctly what link building is today? The definition of link building has changed over time. Let me share my experience.
We started link building for our website in 2011 to rank in Google and get organic leads.
Link building in 2011 was getting any relevant or non-relevant links from forums, public directories, and commenting. We use to have a list of thousands of directories and forum on which we use to add links. Speed and quantity matter more than quality and relevance. We use to have a team of 25-30 SEO guys working all night to add links for our website on the internet. We use to rank first on many service-oriented keys.
In 2014, the definition of link building changed. Google started penalizing the website for non-relevant links under search algorithm updates like Panda and Peniguin. With this change, we started removing all non-relevant links from the internet. The same workforce of SEO worked for contacting directories and forum owner to remove links.
In 2016, the definition of link building changed again. Google started giving preference to the website having high-quality links from popular sites. The popular website is strict about the quality of content on their website. Hence complete workforce of SEO link builders was replaced with high-quality content writers.
Link building is essential but with relevant and high-quality original content on popular websites.
Search Engine Optimization delivers relevant search results for what is searched by the users online. Search engines rank the most relevant pages related to that search query higher on the search engine result pages.
SEO analysts and digital marketing professionals understand better how important it is to implement a proper SEO strategy for your website. They are the experts and define that putting relevant keywords is just not enough to improve the search engine ranking of your website. It needs a little more.
Hence, here are some basic SEO guidelines from the experts that will help you in increasing your website’s visibility across search engines. In fact, you can name them as ‘SEO secrets’ that will surely have an impact on the position of your website on SERPs.
1. Google continually changes its algorithms and do not always announce the change. Hence, understanding Google’s ranking algorithm is essential to remove all obstacles to your SEO success.
2. Always have an SSL encryption for your website. SSL encryption or HTTPS boost the overall security of your website.
3. Structured data is another important thing in the list of SEO secrets that helps Google to decide what search results will be shown further. Structured data comes as a combination of images, ratings, and locations to improve your website’s ranking as well as its chances of getting above its competitors.
4. Title Tags and Meta Descriptions describe what content you have on your website. Title tags should not be more than 55 characters, and Meta Descriptions should not be more than 160 characters.
5. Properly use H1 headings as they set an expectation for the content that follows.
6. Name all images and give Alt tags to improve user experience on your website, along with having a positive impact on your website’s SEO.
7. Include canonical tags in the header of your coding to make Google understand that your website is the authentic version of a respective web page.
8. A 404 error page depicts that the page is no longer available, and content is permanently removed from the website. So, inspect thoroughly if your site has any such page and make the required amendments.
9. Never forget having a sitemap supported by the robots.txt file that helps the search engines to identify which web pages should be indexed or crawled. Otherwise, those pages will also appear in the password-protected search results, internal pages, or pages that are not ready to go live.
10. The URL structure of your website is like a ‘math formula.’ It means if you follow it correctly, it will give you the right answer.
11. Search engines will not be able to crawl or index your website if it takes a long time to load. Hence, evaluate your site’s speed at regular intervals.
12. The right kind of keyword research and using long-tail keywords is useful to increase organic traffic to your site. Do a SERP scan and check with analytics to find the relevant keywords for your website.
13. Use unique, engaging, and relevant content to your web pages. Research about the latest trends and write engaging blog posts with updating the old content.
14. Focus on establishing contacts and building relationships and not on generating affluence of links. Hence, connect your content with real people and real websites for developing valuable relationships and better link management.
15. Evaluate your SEO plan time-to-time to understand what is working and what is not and make changes accordingly.
16. Stay away from SEO attacks. Many can be observed practicing negative SEO and getting their competitor’s website penalized by Google for any silly reason. Keep an eye over the backlinks attaching to your site and avoid getting low-quality backlinks to the site.
17. Start blogging to engage and retain your audience and convince them to keep visiting your website.
Stress over and find out how many of these SEO secrets are missing from your marketing strategy. However, it is never too late to improve. So, follow this guide and enhance your website’s ranking overall popular search engines. You will definitely notice some changes, even after making a few changes to your marketing strategy.
Generally, SEO is wide concept that covers many things. but there is 2 main part of the SEO.
1) On-page SEO
Here we are doing on-page changing or we can say we make the site more healthy. by providing all data according to google's guideline.
There are many points that developers should keep in mind when they create a site like heading tags, metadata, content, robot.txt, sitemap, canonical, schema tags and so on.
2) Off-Page SEO
It is all about creating a company's identity using external sites. here you can do much off-page activity like business listing, blog submission, classified, directory listing, social bookmarking.
But whatever you are doing that should be genuine so you can rank on the keywords.
now SEO also focus on voice search optimization and AR and VR.
SEO is important to make your site healthy and also it can increase your traffic on-site and when you go with genuine terms you can promote your product and service in an organic way.
On-page SEO is the process of optimizing web pages to rank higher and gain relevant traffic in search engines. On-page optimization tactics apply to both the content and HTML source code of a web page.
The following techniques should be used while starting on-page SEO:
1.Publish High-Quality Content
High-Quality content is the most critical aspect of SEO as the website with excellent content can survive with or without SEO.
The following content can be considered as High-Quality content:
Original content: The content that does not copies or rewrites existing articles, text, images, videos, presentations, infographics, comments, and more.
Exclusive Content: Try to keep your content exclusive, which means that even if your content is published on another website, it is not suitable for your site.
Text Elements Content: Try to add a text description to your image or videos to describe them in detail.
Helpful Content: Ensure that your content solves problems of the readers for which they are seeking it and delivers relevant information to them.
Researched Content: Take proper time in carrying out your research and then provide the information to the users
Long Content: It is marked that long articles get higher rankings than short articles.
Neutral content: Try to be neutral, focusing on both sides of the story unless it is required to share your point of view.
2. Enhance Page Titles and Meta Descriptions
Page titles and meta descriptions are noticed first when search engine crawlers read your pages; it provides them the information about your page.
How to Optimize Page Title?
- Include keywords at the beginning of your page title.
- Write brief and vivid titles.
- If relevant, add numbers.
- Do not mention your domain in the title.
How to Optimize Meta Descriptions?
- Do not include auto-generated descriptions.
- Include your target keyword in the description.
3. Optimize Page Content
Content SEO is an integral part of on-page SEO and optimizing the actual content for your target keywords.
You need to follow a simple process for keyword research:
- Examine your keywords and form a set of those with similar topics and interests.
- Search with those keywords on search engines. Analyze the top ranking articles on SERPs. After the evaluation of such keywords, identify the type and format of the content. Focus on some crucial characteristics of ranking pages such as:
- Is the size of the image- or video large?
- Is the content lengthy or short?
- Is the content formatted adequately in lists, bullets, or paragraphs?
- Always ensure that you are offering unique value to make your page better than the other pages that are currently ranking for your keyword.
4. Headings and Content Formatting
A page needs to be formatted appropriately with headings and subheadings.
Each page needs to have only one H1 tag, Alternatively, you can choose to have the same <title> and <h1> tag. Search engine results display what they find in the title tag and not the h1 tag.
H2, H3 tags
The following things should be focused on while using H2, H3 tags:
- Include more than one word for a heading, making it exciting and useful for users who like to skim read an article.
- Use headings <h1>, <h2> and then <h3>, <h4> and so on hierarchically.
- Utilize subheadings for related keywords in your content.
- Include bold, underline, or italics to highlight the essential parts of a page.
- Pay attention to the size of the font.
- Divide the text into small paragraphs.
- Apply enough spacing between the paragraphs.
- Create sections using CSS that break the text into smaller, manageable parts.
5. Multimedia Elements
Images and multimedia elements make a page exciting and easy to understand.
Many times, the multimedia elements add to the loading speed of a page.
You can follow these steps for SEO optimizing images:
- Always include original images.
- Try to optimize the images in as small size as possible.
- Use an ALT tag as it helps search engines understand the purpose of the image.
- Use filenames that provide detailed information about the image.
- Make use of Content Delivery Network - This network reduces the page loading time if there are multiple images on a single page.
6. URL optimization
URL optimization and the URL structure are the two essential elements for maximum SEO. It has two parts.
A permanent link is the unique URL of every page. It is considered that the URL
should be less than 255 characters and use hyphens to ‘-‘ separate various parts.
The URL that is short, descriptive, and includes target keyword is considered SEO friendly URLs.
The structure of the URL should describe the original structure of a website.
You can follow these best practices for optimizing your URL structure:
- Include a Categories Tab, which helps users and search engines to identify what they require quickly.
- Include a Breadcrumb menu that enables users to navigate your website in a structured format as they always know where they are and how far from the home page.
7. Internal Links
Internal links are used for linking pages within your website. By including internal links, you can build your web, enable search engines to identify relevant pages and increase the users on your site.
8. External Links
External links are the links created by linking to other high-quality websites.
9. Page Loading Speed
Google is investing in huge capital to make the web faster, as it is crucial for SEO and ranking. Fast-loading websites are useful for SEO, customer retention, and conversions.
Avoid The Following Black-Hat SEO Tactics:
Your web content should be such that it helps and answers searcher’s questions. Getting a high rank on SERPs should not be the only purpose of creating content, it should instead be meaningful, helpful, and informative.
I’m listing below some low-value tactics you should avoid while designing search engine optimized content.
- Thin Content
There are unique pages available for various topics on a website. The strategy of Google is clear that you should have a full page on a topic rather than having multiple, weaker pages for each variation of a keyword.
- Duplicate Content
The term duplicate content refers to content that is common between domains or between multiple pages of a single domain. Google promotes the use of a rel=canonical tag to point to the original version of the web content. Hence, your content should be unique in word and value.
Cloaking is an SEO approach where the content offered to the web crawler is different from that presented to the user's browser. This technique is made possible by delivering content based on the IP addresses or the User-Agent HTTP header. In some cases, Google may allow practices that are technically cloaking pass as they might contribute to positive user experience.
- Keyword Stuffing
Including keywords in your content is the most critical aspect of SEO. Many users mistakenly think that if you include a keyword multiple times within your content, you will automatically rank for it. But this can actually backfire as Google penalizes the site that uses this tactic. So, ensure you add keywords in the right proportion.
- Auto-Generated Content
Auto-Generated content is the low-quality content that is created programmatically with the intent of manipulating search rankings and not helping users. The advancements in machine learning led to more specified auto-generated content.
If you establish a page on a keyword that is ten times better than the pages displayed in search results, Google will reward you for it by ranking you higher on SERPs for that particular keyword. This will boost your organic traffic generated for that keyword.
I am sure with this answer you have got the basic idea on how to start with the basic on-page SEO.
Off-Page are techniques we perform outside the boundaries of your website - giving the search engines a very good indication of how the World (other websites and users) perceive your particular website.
The Off-Page techniques are:
● Submission to Business Directories
● Tracking Analytics
● Off-site Blog Post
● Off-site Press Release Post
● Off-site Article Post
● PPT Distribution
● Image Distribution
● DOC/PDF Submission
● Viral Bookmarking
● Mini Websites
● Forum Discussions
● High-Quality Social Bookmarking
● Classifieds Distribution
● Blog Comment Posts
● Infographics Distribution
If you want to do search engine optimization. There are certain things you should keep in mind.
A keyword analysis is important just check the best keywords which are suitable for you, It would take time to rank your keyword just work hard.
We are the best website design and development Company in Lucknow.
But optimizing your website all directly are often daunting for owners of small businesses who have tons else to . These six actionable SEO tips are the only place to start out -- small changes can transform your traffic.
check all parameters
No matter which SEO tips you select to implement first, the only most vital thing to try to monitors those changes
1. Create a transparent site structure.
It doesn’t matter what percentage SEO tips you implement on your website if it isn’t structured during a way that’s easy for program crawlers and users to navigate
2. Crawlers and humans both love hierarchy: Having a transparent site structure accomplishes your two main objectives. First, Google crawlers can quickly understand your content and rank it accordingly.
3. Prioritize content creation.
Creating quality content is one of the highest SEO marketing trends in 2019, whether you’re a little or large business. Here are a couple of things to stay in mind:
4. Specialize in building both internal and external links.
Building a network of internal and external links may be a constant process. Whether you’re an entrepreneur with a less-than-perfect existing site or you’re a little business
Use internal linking to make site structure: For starters, it’s important to internally link every new piece of content. Otherwise, it becomes orphaned content. this suggests that it’s disconnected from the remainder of your site. Orphaned content is difficult for Google crawlers and visitors to seek out.