My company uses FTW transcriber. It is a downloadable tool that gives you a straightforward and easy-to-use interface. The tool appears as a small box on your screen, and you can drag it around to place it according to your convenience. You can use the box to play, pause, adjust volume, and skip forward and backward on the audio. This way, you can easily use it in collaboration with a writing tool. It saves you the extra effort of switching between windows and easily lets you work with two software at a time.
- Very low starting price of $1 per month per user
- It allows you to have a free trial
- Easy to use and saves a lot of time
- Can be used on smartphones as well
- Can only be used with windows and not with Mac
- It is only available for android and iOS
- Does not offer the support of cloud-based storage
- Does not offer any training so you have to figure it out yourself
Despite all the limitations the software has, it works perfectly and gets the job done very smoothly. If you have used other software, you’ll be able to differentiate and tell how effective the usability on FTW transcriber is.