I am reaching out to you on behalf of Centriq – the home management app which has been featured/cited in outlets like the NYT, This Old House, Real Estate Daily, Brit + Co, and others. Centriq is a remote-first company, with team members spread across several countries. We have tried and tested various apps and tools for improving our communication and collaborations teamwork plays a pivotal role in the success of any organization.
“86% of employees and executives cite lack of collaboration or ineffective communication for workplace failures.”
TOP 3 THINGS TO CONSIDER WHILE CHOOSING A PROJET MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE/TOOL:
1. Task Management: How easily you are able to create, assign, and manage tasks during the entire process.
2. Team Collaboration: The ability to have team discussions, private messaging and receive alerts for messages.
3. Integration with other apps: Does it allow integration with other apps or tools?
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOL USED BY OUR TEAM: TRELLO
1. It has different boards, lists, and cards that help us to organize and prioritize our tasks. We have a separate board for each project.
2. We can easily assign tasks to team members along with deadlines and keep track of each other's progress.
3. We can easily comment, give feedback to others, and share files on Trello which keeps everything streamlined and helps us to stay on top of things.
4. It has eliminated our email load and consequently enhanced our productivity. We don't waste our time in checking endless emails or waiting for another team member's response. Instead, we always work efficiently and are able to deliver projects on time.
5. We have integrated it with our other favorite tools such as Google Drive, Slack, and Evernote which is a huge plus.
It doesn’t show task dependencies that are needed to obtain the critical path information.
Trello users can comment on cards for collaboration. However, it lacks a messaging app for clear communication.