Telemedicine software is a huge leap towards the modern healthcare system. With the integration of telehealth software within your hospital, you can provide more accessible and convenient care to the patients. Moreover, proficient telemedicine software can drive up the efficiency of the practice while garnering more revenue. At GoodFirms, we strive to help you find the most-suited telehealth platform that assists you in better engagement with your patients. Start accessing the list and find the best telemedicine software for your practice.
Best Telehealth Platforms | Best Telemedicine Software Lists
- Telehealth That Works
VSee is the telehealth system for NASA Space Station, Trinity, Ascension, DaVita, MDLIVE and 1200+. Dedicated to reducing health costs, increasing healthcare access and efficiency, and allowing clinicians to love doing medicine again. VSee offers simple, scalable telehealth with fast, secure communications, tailored virtual visit workflows, medical device and tools integrations, and customizable p... learn more about VSee"Great virtual platform to see your clients"Dr. Laura Louis
- Cloud based telemedicine platform
Intelehealth is an open-source telemedicine platform that empowers local community health workers in rural communities to provide access to primary care for patients in their communities. The platform consists of a mobile app for health workers and a cloud-based electronic health record system as a backend (OpenMRS). The app works with a very low bandwidth connection as well as offline.... learn more about Intelehealth"Best Telemedicine solution"Nishant Pratap
- Digital Therapeutics and Continuous care management
For the first time in India, Indian Doctors got access to an EMR that is tailored for each of them on the fly! Every Doctor has his own way to recording patient vitals and history, quick access to this data can help him take informed decisions and serve patients better. Keeping this in mind, we at PurpleDocs created an absolutely flexible and easy to use EMR that can be used on any android devi... learn more about PurpleEMR""Dr. Pankaj Khandelwal, Owner at Baroda Laparoscopy HospitalVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- EHR Chiropractic Software for 21st century
ChiroWebMD is the pioneer in chiropractic web development marketing and advertising solutions! We provide you with all your business needs - web site layouts, articles, software and marketing technologies. Our chiropractic EHR solutions allow you to create complete, HIPAA-compliant documentation quickly and easily, so you can spend more time on what matters most in your practice–your patients. ... learn more about ChiroWebMD"The platform is really organized"Dr Drew Hall, Chiropractic Doctor at Hall Upper Cervical Chiropractic
- HIPAA Compliant Telemedicine Platform
"VCDoctor is a HIPAA Compliant Telemedicine Platform for doctors and patients that provides HIPAA-compliant secured consultation, online appointment booking, secured data exchange such as prescription, reports and their personal details, Video Conferencing, reminders, as well as other communication all within one space. Call us for a DEMO!"... learn more about VCDoctor"VCDoctor :Helped us to Grow in 5 cities in just 4 months"Lokesh KapoorVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Feeling better starts with a single message
Talkspace makes therapy available and affordable for all. Our mission is to provide more people with convenient access to licensed therapists who can help those in need live happier and healthier life.... learn more about Talkspace"Talkspace works closely with workspaces and educational institutions"Girish Dutt Shukla, Author at Girish Dutt Shukla
- Making Routine Visits Easier for Both Doctors and Patients
Chiron Health is a modern telemedicine platform designed to get physician practices fully reimbursed for video visits. With the industry's first telemedicine insurance rules engine and seamless integration with leading outpatient EHR and practice management systems, Chiron is helping bring telemedicine into the mainstream of healthcare delivery.... learn more about Chiron HealthVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$150.00 per Month
- The simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution.®
We believe everyone should have access to care, so we give care providers a simple, secure & free telemedicine solution-forever. We ❤️ nonprofits & simple things.Telemedicine will change the world by making it easier and more affordable for healthcare providers to care for their patients anywhere. ... learn more about Doxy.me
- Software for higher quality encounters and more satisfied patients.
PrognoCIS is a fully-integrated solution consisting of PrognoCIS EHR Software, Practice Management, Medical Billing and RCM Services. Built on multi-tier Internet architecture, PrognoCIS EHR supports all major specialties and has fully customizable templates. The integrated architecture supports common databases for all Bizmatics products to ensure seamless, real-time information flow between EHR ... learn more about PrognoCIS EHR
- The Leading Telemedicine & Digital Patient Intake Platform
Mend is a healthcare communications platform. Mend can connect to patients anytime, anywhere, and with any device through messaging, video, or forms. Mend can send or collect any information from a patient or a third party related to a patient's case. Mend is the absolute easiest, fully integrated technology to engage your patients. ... learn more about Mendfamily
- The #1 virtual care platform just got even better
InTouch Health, the 2018 KLAS Category Leader for Virtual Care Platforms, delivers its HITRUST CSF Certified telehealth services to health systems with a full range of solutions to efficiently deliver Consumer, Specialty, and Emergent virtual care in any care environment.... learn more about InTouch Health
- Grow your organization, profitably.
eVisit is the telemedicine platform expertly designed with your medical practice in mind. Whether you run a small private practice, or a large hospital system, eVisit offers an innovative approach to simplifying remote healthcare delivery, and is designed to increase revenue, patient flow and practice productivity. ... learn more about eVisit
- The Virtual Visit is the Next True Point-of-Care
SnapMD is the full-service Virtual Care Management (VCM) telehealth enterprise-software leader, enabling healthcare providers to engage their patients via a comprehensive, secure, HIPAA-compliant, cloud-based telemedicine platform with powerful back-end systems to manage the digital health care continuum.... learn more about SnapMD
- Delivering healthcare the simple way
MyTelemedicine developed a proprietary, HIPAA-compliant telemedicine platform built in the IBM Cloud that lets healthcare providers consult with patients remotely. The digital healthcare company’s advanced API technology and ecosystem allows third parties to integrate and offer a customized telemedicine experience to support their brand identity. ... learn more about My telemedicine
- Unlock the power of remote care.
Hale connects clinical teams and their patients between visits. It's free, easy to use, and secure.Hale is a remote care platform that lets clinical teams streamline triage, automate follow-up and increase practice capacity — all while delivering an incredible patient experience. ... learn more about Hale
- Free telemedicine platform
GoTelecare allows patients to have confidential medical appointments with board-certified specialists & allied healthcare professionals without the inconvenience of long scheduling delays, high cost, and difficult travel. You can pay for yourself or use your health insurance if accepted by your chosen physician. Our comprehensive solution delivers your appointments through a secure, state-of-the-a... learn more about GoTelecare
- The Single Solution for your Practice Needs
ChARM Health product suite includes Integrated EHR, Practice Management and RCM solution, Patient Portal for Patient Engagement, TeleHealth solution for Remote patient care, Connect solution for Collaborative communication, along with a slew of Mobile apps across platforms. ChARM Health suite of products are built to address application of cloud and mobile technologies for managing healthcare dat... learn more about ChARM Health
- A TeleHealth solution with no boundaries
WiCis Health is a secure, HIPAA compliant 100% cloud-based solutions that cover entire workflows, from pre-admission to hospital to home care – all with the capability of displaying live data and video inside any form.... learn more about WiCis Health
- Unified workflow. Cutting-edge security.
AdvancedMD Rhythm is an all-in-one platform so you can easily manage your entire practice, all locations, and patient experience. You get flexible scheduling, simple charting, legendary billing, accurate reporting, and easy-to-use patient engagement tools.... learn more about AdvancedMD RhythmVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial60 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Remote Patient Monitoring Solutions That Put People First.
AMC Health provides real-time patient data. It is the only FDA Class II cleared care management platform, with multiple peer-reviewed studies and the ability to provide seamless connections that bridge the gap for care teams, members (patients) and payors. It provides telehealth solutions for Clinical Trial Sponsors, CROs and Sites to remotely collect biometric, observational and subjective data ... learn more about AMC Health
- Telemedicine Backpack
swyMed overcomes traditional connectivity issues to enable medical professionals to treat and monitor patients from anywhere through real-time video. Its DOT Telemedicine Backpack delivers the lowest cost of ownership of any video telemedicine solution on the market today. It is simple to use, with an intuitive click to call interface.... learn more about swyMed
- A Mobile Telehealth System
The Borboleta Project has been completed. Our research in this field is now in the context of the Maritaca Project funded by FINEP and coordinated by Prof. Arlindo Flávio Conceição (UNIFESP) with the participation of the Infomobile startup company. For more information, contact the Maritaca team at UNIFESP or Infomobile.... learn more about Borboleta
- The Very Best in Caregiving Technology
GrandCare combines activity monitoring, telehealth, medication management and social connection into one comprehensive caregiving technology. Starting with an easy-to-use touchscreen monitor featuring a simple design that requires no computer training. We provide a digital health technology solution that benefits the caregivers, families, and the elderly or disabled.... learn more about GrandCare
- Life saving apps
My Medic Watch are life-saving apps that help coordinate immediate assistance when you experience a fall or a seizure by alerting caregivers and loved ones with your status and GPS location. ... learn more about My Medic WatchVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$10 per Month
- The All-in-One EHR, Practice Management, and Billing Software
Streamline your workflow and boost efficiency with IMS, our all-in-one EHR, Practice Management, and Billing solution. Designed by physicians for physicians, our award-winning Intelligent Medical Software caters to over 35+ specialties and practices of any size! Utilize technology that adapts to your practice, not the other way around. Almost every aspect of our software is 100% customizable and t... learn more about Meditab IMSVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialAvailableEntry Level Price$199 per Month
- Simple Tools To Keep Providers Connected To Patients
Azalea provides cloud-based electronic health records (EHR), practice management (PM), revenue cycle management (RCM) and telehealth solutions for ambulatory and hospital care settings. Azalea is suitable for community and rural health care settings, including multiple specialty practices. Azalea EHR is 2015 ONC certified and supports Promoting Interoperability (PI). Users can document SOAP not... learn more about Azalea Health
- Compliant Video Conferencing and Practice Management Software
Our fully integrated teletherapy and practice management software for therapists includes HIPAA compliant video conferencing, whiteboard, in-session document sharing, video sharing, screen sharing, interactive apps, scheduling, therapy notes, billing, e-claim submission, intake and consent forms, secure messaging . , client’s portal, reports and more!... learn more about TheraPlatformVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$29 per Month
- Electronic Health Records
EMR-Bear is a cloud-based electronic health record, practice management, medical billing and tele-health portal designed specifically for behavioral healthcare, social services, and non-emergency medical transportation. It is currently in use across the United States to manage and bill for a wide range of services including out-patient therapy, psychiatric services and medication management, subs... learn more about EMR-Bear
- Connects you with your own healthcare providers
A web and mobile application for health providers and organizations to engage with patients and manage their business. With built-in capabilities to support your practice's needs, the Virtual Practice® sets your business up for greater success.... learn more about Virtual PracticeVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$5 per Year
- TELEMEDICINE IS THE FUTURE and the future is here
PROTECTED END-TO-END, HIPAA COMPLIANT, AND HI-TRUST CERTIFIED The Physicianvisit security starts at the highest level with a company approach that allows us to stay ahead of those trying to breach our systems and data. We have company policies, procedures and tools to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from any possible threats.... learn more about PhysicianVisit
- Aligned Telehealth
Our technology is configured to meet the needs of your organization and achieve your business goals. Integrate telehealth into existing workflows or leverage pre-designed workflows for clinical use cases. Your telehealth solution matches the look and feel of your brand.... learn more about Amwell
- Bringing quality telemedicine healthcare to you.
Beam provides healthcare professionals with an easy, accessible, and reliable telemedicine platform to grow their businesses and help patients whenever and wherever they need care.... learn more about BeamVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$10 per Day
- A Collaborative Patient Assessment Tool for Enterprise-Wide Telehealth Applications
AGNES Connect® is a secure and encrypted cloud-based telemedicine platform that enables remote clinical healthcare providers to capture and share medical device data, exchange documents and medical images in real-time, and participate in a live video conference - all in a single web-based platform.... learn more about AGNES Connect
- It helps your practice grow
DrCare247 is one of the growing Telemedicine platforms, offering physicians to expand their presence digitally thereby increasing revenue and providing their patients with easy and quick access to care.... learn more about DrCare247
- CareClix Physician Network
CareClix is a leading virtual healthcare solution company that provides software applications coupled with medical services enabling patients to receive care anytime at anyplace. CareClix’s suite of services is revolutionizing the way hospitals, doctors, and clinical care providers can interact with an increasing number of patients.... learn more about Careclix
- CDOC TELEHEALTH: EASY, AFFORDABLE
CyberMed Health Inc. is a health information technology company founded in 2011, focused on improving people’s health outcome through the use of technology and optimizing an online medical health practice system for health providers. The company’s services include CDoc online doctor, CyberMed EHR, CyberMed Medical Billing, clinic process optimization and medical data exchange services.... learn more about CyberMed CDoc
- We Optimize Care
Meet the telehealth platform that goes beyond telephonic calls with patients to help you improve engagement and understanding of a patient’s wellbeing. Through HIPAA-compliant video and messaging, Certintell empowers community health centers to start or scale care management services. Streamline value-based care with remote health coaches to support current workflows for Medicare and Medicaid po... learn more about Certintell
- A new kind of primary care is here.
Did you know that primary care doctors have been nicknamed the “quarterbacks of healthcare,” and are widely considered the backbone of the healthcare system? That's because in addition to diagnosis and treatment of illness, primary care physicians guide patients towards long-term well-being. In fact, numerous studies have confirmed a simple, even life-affirming truth: having a primary care do... learn more about 98point6
- Take Your Practice from Your Neighborhood to the World
Folio3 is a California based software solutions partner for entrepreneurs and Fortune 500 companies that specializes in digital healthcare solutions. With over a decade of experience and expertise in the healthcare space, we have built groundbreaking digital transformation solutions for some of the world’s leading healthcare companies. We have the necessary expertise and competency integral t... learn more about ClinicLive
- Access Clocktree on all platforms and devices
The convenience of video sessions results in fewer cancellations due to schedule conflicts, traffic, weather or illness. Advertise your Telehealth services in the Clocktree Directory and get new clients! Build your own professional network to easily collaborate with colleagues, discuss referrals and share documents.... learn more about ClocktreeVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$29 per Year
- Online video sessions grow your practice and your revenue.
Telemedicine is the modern-day house call. Fast and convenient, online video appointments eliminate the need to travel to a doctor’s office and completely remove waiting rooms from the patient’s experience. Each session is secure with CloudVisit’s HIPAA-compliant telemedicine platform and patient information is safely locked away. Telemedicine appointments seamlessly replicate the in-office ... learn more about CloudVisit
- The One-Tap Telehealth Solution that seamlessly adapts to your workflow.
We remove the obstacles that create the most barriers for a successful telehealth visit with your general patient population. Connect to your patients with just a link. One-Tap telehealth. Maintain maximum efficiency with DocsInk’s integrated appointment confirmation and gentle reminder system. We send a pre-call test to make sure your video calls run as smoothly as possible. DocsInk gives yo... learn more about DocsInk
- Connecting Patients with the Doctors Schedule Video and In-Person Consults
DocVilla – HIPAA compliant Health Technology platform with Telemedicine and EMR capabilities to connect patients and doctors. DocVilla has been developed, designed, managed and operated by PS3G Inc.... learn more about DocVillaVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$299 per Month
- Our solutions keep pace with technology advances by automating healthcare processes and services.
The Dr. TIS – Technology, Innovation and Health – is a São Paulo-based company that works with the development of healthcare systems, with the highest technology on cloud for procedure management and diagnostic imaging. The company was born in 2016, based on the perception of the lack of tools that could operate in an integrated manner, capable of storing, processing and providing professi... learn more about Dr.TIS Telemedicine
- START PROVIDING TELEHEALTH TO YOUR PATIENTS NOW
DRexly Health is focused on partnering without providers to integrate telemedicine into their practice. Beyond just delivery telehealth technology we also work with our providers on integration, reimbursement regulations and understanding the functionality of this evolution of care delivery.... learn more about DRexlyVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$29.9 per Year
- Complete Digital Healthcare System
The Fits platform combines leading edge technology and best in class products. Improve patient outcomes and maximize operational efficiency using: Advanced Clinical Assessment Technology Integrated Patient & Clinic Management and EMR Automation of the Patient Healthcare Process Highest Grade Medical & Performance Products... learn more about Fits America
- Use the Virtual Care and Charting Automation platform built by doctors for doctors.
In early 2015, we realized that there was a wealth of medical knowledge online but no intelligent interpretation or curation of it. We aimed to solve this by creating an Artificial Intelligence engine that could bring a patient to diagnosis based on their current medical state, symptoms and past medical history. In our pursuit we analyzed over 3 million patient records in engineering an AI model t... learn more about Insig health
- Easy communication, seamless telemedicine, and workflow efficiency – all in one place
With Klara you provide your patients a quick and convenient way to contact you with their concerns. Use Klara to communicate around the visit about scheduling, insurance verification, care instructions, and more.... learn more about Klara
- Telehealth Made Easy. SIMPLE. FLEXIBLE. RELIABLE.
Yes, people get better in the current healthcare process, but the care process is way more painful for everyone involved than it needs to be -- insurers, providers and patients, and it costs way more than it should. When asked to describe their healthcare experience, almost all individuals - whether a provider or a patient - did not describe their experience as positive. Providers w... learn more about Lifecycle Health
- Introduction to Buyer’s Guide for Telemedicine Software
- What is telemedicine? What is the role of telemedicine in the healthcare system?
- What are the significant challenges faced by the healthcare service industry?
- What is Telemedicine Software?
- What are the various types of Telemedicine Software?
- What are the core components of telemedicine software?
- What are the various types of telehealth services provided with the help of Telemedicine software?
- What are the benefits of Telemedicine software?
- How does the telemedicine software help hospitals to combat emergency/pandemic situations?
- How can hospitals upgrade their level of protection for healthcare professionals by implementing telemedicine software?
- What trends should you be aware of before initiating a purchase of Telemedicine software?
- What are the features you should look at before buying telemedicine Software?
- How to choose the best telemedicine software for your healthcare service?
- What is the average cost of buying telemedicine software?
- Why refer to GoodFirms' list of telemedicine software?
Introduction to Buyer’s Guide for Telemedicine Software
Implementation of healthcare IT has enabled today’s techno-savvy hospitals to provide healthcare at an unprecedented pace. One such promising premise is the Telemedicine technology that has provided immense relief and comfort to doctors and patients by allowing a virtual liaison between them through video and voice communication. Telemedicine technology utilizes cloud computing technology, medical device integrations, and telemedicine software platforms to provide virtual consultations, remote patient monitoring tools, remote diagnostics tools, and collaboration between healthcare providers and patients.
Telemedicine software empowers patients to self-assess their medical situation, and quickly access their healthcare provider by booking a virtual video visit. It increases the reach of healthcare and equips hospitals to treat more patients virtually. For practicing telemedicine efficiently, hospitals need to deploy a telemedicine software platform that provides error-free services and meets the stringent medical standards and government regulations.
Therefore to assist hospitals and clinics, this buyer's guide provides a detailed analysis of all factors such as price, features, functions, and requirements to consider before investing in a telemedicine software.
What is telemedicine? What is the role of telemedicine in the healthcare system?
Telemedicine: The Portmanteau word -"Tele" (meaning afar) and "Medicine," refers to diagnosing patients remotely. The concept of telemedicine isn't new. Even before the internet came into the picture, medical practitioners conveyed the diagnosis of a disease and the prescriptions verbally through the telegram or telephone. Since then, the telemedicine technology has evolved to an extent where patients can virtually set up a consultation with the doctors, irrespective of the time and hour of the day. Telemedicine technology has come a long way from telephonic consultations to face-to-face video diagnosis procedures.
High-speed and cheaper internet, along with higher computer literacy, has further enabled a more extensive reach of telemedicine technology among the masses, even in remote areas. It has helped to bridge the gap between medical health providers and patient communities.
Telemedicine is a planned and highly regulated process with all aspects related to it, such as medical tasks, health care providers' roles, tools, procedures, protocols, and standards clearly defined and well-implemented.
The potential use of telemedicine is to provide immediate medical support to:
- Rural emergency departments
- Primary care clinics
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Public health facilities
- Correctional institutions
- Home care programs
- Regular checkup facilities
- Primary Consultations
- Epidemic diagnosis centers
What are the significant challenges faced by the healthcare service industry?
Running a hospital in the current environment amidst scarce resources, overburdened medical staff, limited resources, expensive utilities, and ever-changing regulations is not an easy task. A common scenario with many hospitals is a massive shortage of staff, medical supplies, personal protective equipment, etc.
Below are some of the most critical challenges faced by the hospitals:
Practicing telemedicine without technical disruptions
When doctors practice telemedicine, the video must run without hiccups. When a doctor situated in a different location is guiding a doctor who is present with the patient to perform a complex procedure, it is essential that the video quality and streaming are in high-definition and without any distortions.
Providing medical assistance to patients in remote areas
Healthcare workers struggle to reach rural areas, and even today, in many parts of the world, the rural medical facilities are in pathetic conditions. Reaching out to these areas and extending medical facilities is a constant challenge for many healthcare providers.
Providing specialist opinion to patients
Sometimes, the local doctors and general practitioners are not able to diagnose an acute medical condition. An expert opinion of the specialist is required in such situations. But reaching out to the specialist is not an easy task.
Ensuring regulatory compliance
The medical world is a highly regulated field. Medical authorities, councils, and laws have stringent policies on how medical processes will be conducted. Ensuring compliance is crucial for avoiding any legal trouble.
Rising operational and maintenance costs
With the rise of technology, the operational costs of medical institutions have increased significantly. Saving costs and earning profit is not easy unless hospitals optimize their workflows and deploy innovative solutions.
Shortage of medical staff
A major reason for the shortage of medical staff in many places, especially the rural regions, is because medical professionals are unevenly distributed around the world. Ensuring that everyone gets medical support even if they are situated in very distant locations is a challenge faced by the healthcare industry.
Getting timely medicare reimbursement from the insurance companies
Hospitals need timely funds to maintain their operations. It is a field where the delayed supply of surgical instruments, medicines, and medical devices can cost lives and also harm the reputation of the healthcare provider beyond repair. Not being able to get quick reimbursements from insurance companies can put the hospital in great difficulty.
- Managing and organizing health records of patients
- Maintaining the safety of the patient's medical records.
- Managing time, making and implementing the schedule
- Data security and fighting cyber attacks
- Shortage of medical supplies and maintaining the supply chain
- Reducing errors in medication, lab reports, and diagnostic test
What is Telemedicine Software?
Telemedicine software is a medical information and communication technology that provides healthcare support to patients with virtual assistance from the doctor. It is an application tool that has all features to manage telemedicine delivery effectively.
With telemedicine software, hospitals and health care providers can develop a strategic plan for implementing cost-effective telemedicine setup. It optimizes HD video for online video consultation and enhances patient experience. It meets all regulatory and reimbursement compliance required to practice telemedicine. With robust features and capabilities, it mitigates most of the challenges mentioned above in the article.
What are the various types of Telemedicine Software?
These types of telemedicine software are licensed and can be installed within the IT infrastructure of hospitals. On-Premise telemedicine systems are easily customizable. Hospitals who want to store their data on their own servers can opt for on-premise telemedicine software.
Third-party telemedicine system providers offer online telemedicine software. Web-based telemedicine software can be accessed from anywhere with internet connectivity.
The cloud-based te software is popular with healthcare providers owing to its massive data storage capabilities and high-speed technology. The cloud-based telemedicine software hosted through a third-party cloud service provider is a SaaS (Software as a Service) based solution.
The open-source telemedicine software allows users to customize software codes, and modify default settings to enhance the core working functionalities. External plugins can be added to open source telemedicine systems to increase its utility. Hospitals requiring customized telemedicine solutions can opt for open source telemedicine software.
What are the core components of telemedicine software?
Geographic boundaries may separate the doctor and the patient, but telemedicine allows the doctors to treat patients remotely with the help of video consultation components of telemedicine applications. According to research by the American Hospital Association, 70% of patients are comfortable communicating with their health care providers via text, e-mail, or a video. The use of high-resolution cameras in telemedicine video conferencing software enables doctors to assess the patient's condition and prescribe the required medical procedures.
Doctors can access the electronic health records of the patients through inbuilt EHR integration. Some telemedicine software has its own EHR component, and some integrate with third-party EHR installed by the hospitals.
Mobile App for Patients
The goal of telemedicine software is to provide easy access to medical care facilities to patients from anywhere. With a mobile app, patients connect with doctors easily.
This component works as a rules engine to check the eligibility of the video visit for insurance reimbursement when the appointment is booked.
Telemedicine software can integrate with hardware devices such as video conferencing units, tele imaging equipment, wearables, pathological equipment, etc. for self-assessment by patients and remote monitoring by the doctors. It can also serve as a great monitoring tool in ICU wards of hospitals.
This component of the telemedicine software takes care of the regulatory compliance and data security requirements. (For example, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). Not all video connections are HIPPA compliant.
What are the various types of telehealth services provided with the help of Telemedicine software?
Telemedicine software can be used to its maximum potential if doctors and patients know thoroughly about the kind of services it can deliver.
Telemedicine software primarily works by providing:
- Real-time synchronization: Using digital mediums, doctors can treat patients in real-time. Even robotic technology can be integrated into complex surgery.
- Asynchronous forwards and storage: This includes the transmission of patients statistics, lab reports, bills, etc. to the doctor and the patients on a requirement basis. This need not always be in real-time.
- Virtual medication: This denotes the use of the telemedicine application to provide prescriptions and home care.
Telemedicine can be primarily used for the below-mentioned services:
- Pediatrics: Kids can catch infections easily, and the hospital environment is hazardous for them. Telemedicine offers remote treatment to eliminate unnecessary hospital visits.
- Oncology: The patients with weak immune systems can avoid hospital visits and get themselves treated from the comfort of their own with telehealth technology.
- Chronic Patients: Self-assessment is critical for chronic patients to monitor their daily health conditions and assess body vitals like blood pressure, heart rate, glucose level through effective communication between devices. Such patients can use telehealth tools integrated with wearable technology to continually manage and monitor their health conditions.
- Behavioural Health: There is perceived social stigma attached to mental diseases, and therefore many people suffering from psychological issues avoid hospital visits due to the fear of social scorn. Mental health is a significant concern, especially in today's youth. A telemedicine software detects mental health issues and provides timely delivery of counseling services and supports them to get treated without the need to leave home.
- Specialty Consultation: During health emergencies, timely access to appropriate diagnosis and treatment can save lives. Emergency consultations with specialists via virtual technology can offer the patient the greatest chance of survival in the 'golden hour.' It can also help the doctors get expert advice in treating complicated cases. Telemedicine can provide access to specialists such as neurologists, cardiologists, etc. via video conferencing.
- Pandemic Situations: Telemedicine halts the spread of pandemic by ensuring zero physical contact virtual consultations. Telemedicine prevents burden on hospitals by treating people with other ailments remotely. It helps in containing the pandemic. Telemedicine helps make care accessible and affordable.
- Other services:
- Online Weight-loss consultations
- Medication management (medication prescription and changes without the need to visit a doctor in person)
- Treat minor urgent care needs such as allergies and sinus infections.
- Treat cold and flu-like symptoms
- Perform routine follow-up care
- Routine follow-up after the discharge of a previously admitted patient
What are the benefits of Telemedicine software?
A telemedicine software has many benefits:
Reduces the need for unnecessary visits to the hospital:
The use of a virtual tool reduces the need to go to the hospital for cases where only spot-check examination (Ex: skin-related or ortho related) is required. It saves significant time and is especially beneficial for the elderly or sick people who are required to avoid travel whenever possible.
Lowers the chances of communicating viral diseases:
Going online and opening a virtual OPD would lessen the patients waiting in the waiting rooms of hospitals. This reduces the crowd, which can, in turn, reduce the chances of spreading easily communicable diseases.
Avoid unnecessary readmission rates:
One of the challenges faced by hospitals is the high readmission rates, most of which can be avoided with proper follow-up and assessment of red flags at the right time. This is possible through an on-demand service like telemedicine software. Studies have shown that the readmission rates have reduced for hospitals who deployed this software.
Get specialized doctors on board for critical cases:
In critical cases, hospitals may require an expert consultant from another city, state, or country. For diagnosis, which does not require any physical touch to examine the patient, bringing a consultant adds to the hospital's operational cost. This can be avoided by the use of HD cameras and a video conferencing tool provided by telemedicine software solutions.
It can integrate with medical devices to monitor patient health and gather health data. It provides better insight into their patient's health and habits.
Access to first-hand medical care in times of emergencies:
Having telemedicine software solutions on hand means no more waiting for medical consultation until the patient reaches the hospital. In an emergency, the available paramedic staff can administer the first aid procedures to the patient through a virtual session with a medical practitioner. Many people are unable to visit hospitals due to poor health conditions, distance issues, rural location, unavailability of transport channels (during strikes, lockdowns, riots, etc.). Telemedicine mitigates all the above problems by enabling at-home virtual medical consultation.
Most of this software is easy to use and provides a virtual yet real-life like clinic experience for the patient and the provider. For healthcare providers, this software helps them to set up their own virtual clinic online.
The telemedicine software provides non-clinical services like training, administrative services, etc.
Increased business for hospitals:
Internet-enabled medical devices accompanied by a fast delivering telemedicine software can scale up your healthcare business and boost your revenue.
The software also allows physicians to take consultations from each other by sending these reports over their secure platform and conduct video conference calls to discuss the cases that require special care.
- See more patients during the day
- Boost patient satisfaction
- Offer more convenient healthcare to patients
- Easy registration process
- No delay in accessing medical records
- Saves time
- Increased flexibility to see patients
- Save traveling costs for patients and therefore makes healthcare more affordable.
- Better customer experience with ease of treatment
- Makes healthcare accessible and efficient
- Full implementation of compliance policies
How does the telemedicine software help hospitals to combat emergency/pandemic situations?
Telemedicine came as a blessing in the COVID 19 period. It helped hospitals to flatten the demand curve for health care requirements. Even the world health organization (WHO) has recognized telemedicine as a powerful model to boost health care performance. Telemedicine technology serves as a crucial strategy to combat the COVID-19 pandemic crisis. The use of telemedicine systems by hospitals reduces person-to-person contact, allows people with other mild diseases to be treated from home, and keeps the hospital beds from being overwhelmed with patients.
Safeguarding all patient data, lab reports, and prescription data are challenging during the pressing pandemic times. Hospitals are over-busy in such times, and therefore there is an increased chance that reports may get mixed or misplaced.
Telemedicine software solutions have features to organize and store crucial data efficiently. Telemedicine systems also provide greater capabilities to accommodate the increased demand and reduce hospital crowds by letting doctors treat patients remotely.
How can hospitals upgrade their level of protection for healthcare professionals by implementing telemedicine software?
A lot of medical staff falls victim to infectious diseases and harmful viruses while treating patients. A telemedicine system integrates with robotics, wearable devices, online consultation portals, self-assessment mobile apps to ensure minimum physical contact between patients and doctors. With such features, medical practitioners can deal with high contagion scenarios without risking their lives.
What trends should you be aware of before initiating a purchase of Telemedicine software?
Telemedicine technology is witnessing a massive surge in demand. Even patients who were once reluctant to use televisions for their treatment are now more open to accept this technology. A prominent healthcare service provider in the US saw a 683% surge in its urgent virtual care visit during the COVID 19 period.
The major growth drivers for the telemedicine system are :
- the increasing crowd in the hospitals
- the rising cost of health care
- increase in chronic diseases that require regular visits
- increasing infections around the globe
- increase in the number of aging people
- advancements in mobile and internet technology
- increased demand for health care in rural areas
Ease of telemedicine regulations owing to the recent pandemics
The adoption of IT in health care has a history of slow growth pace owing to regulatory barriers, but recently, its implementation has been fast due to change in Government policies. Governments around the world have eased the regulations governing telemedicine.
Rapid Technological advancements
With technologies such as artificial intelligence and augmented reality gaining popularity, their integrations with telemedicine software will surely turn out to be an efficient tool for the doctors. Growth in the below Technologies also act as a catalyst for telemedicine software:
- Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM)
- Wearables (fitness trackers, smartwatches, smart apparels) for low-cost health monitoring
- AI and machine learning
- Precision Medicine (personalized treatment approach)
- Voice Assistants (Alexa) can take down notes for the doctors
- IoT enabled devices to send real-time data to doctors
- Blockchain in Medicare
What are the features you should look at before buying telemedicine Software?
- Patient Portal: Patients' personal information, doctors' information, patients' medical history, prescriptions, etc. is accessible to the patient in this portal.
- Doctor’s portal: This feature of telehealth software maintains a profile of all doctors working with your hospital. In this module, complete professional information of doctors, their specialty, number of patients treated, critical incidents, are recorded.
- Prescription management: This section of the telehealth system is integrated with the prescription module. Hospitals can track the most prescribed drugs, categories of medicines, etc.
- Appointment Booking: patients can book appointments from the free slots available as per the telemedicine software.
- Appointment Reminder: This feature sends automated SMS, E-mails, notifications for reminding the patient about upcoming virtual appointments with the doctor.
- High Connection Rate: The software should respond to internet servers with a high connectivity rate via a stable internet connection.
- Integration- the telemedicine software should integrate with EHR (electronic health record system) seamlessly.
- High Definition Video: High-quality video experience of a telemedicine system proves to be very effective.
- Data Security: As with any online platform, the telemedicine software also comes with the data security risk. Therefore it should have a robust encryption system to secure data.
- Support for all devices: It supports laptops, mobile phones, and tablets
- Screen sharing: It helps patients and doctors to share and discuss medical records on their screens.
- Multi-User: TeleHealth sessions allow more than one patient representative to participate in the video call.
- Compliance: The US health department has laid down some ground rules in the HIPAA to ensure the standardization of patient data protection protocols. Telemedicine software must follow the HIPAA guidelines to conduct real-time video conference calls and consultations. Telemedicine software should also be meeting other security compliance requirements such as GDPR, HITECH, PHIPA, etc.
- Administrative Module: Telemedicine can reduce the administrative workload for hospitals and prevent the medical staff's burnout if appropriately implemented.
- Custom branding: Customize themes of the interface to showcase your brand.
- Text Chat: Patients can ask health questions, and doctors have options to include attachments like reports, images to explain the patients in detail.
- Billing: Online billing option with a secure transaction portal: It supports multiple payment options and credit and debit card support.
- Digital form: Patients can complete registration forms digitally from any device.
How to choose the best telemedicine software for your healthcare service?
Buyers should carefully consider the following information about the Telemedicine software they are planning to deploy before making an actual purchase:
- Can telemedicine software integrate with other software solutions related to healthcare or not?
- Whether the telehealth platform has a secure environment for all transactions and patient billing?
- Is the software scalable to assimilate features when your patient base grows?
- Is telehealth solution accessible on all devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones?
- Is the software user-friendly and easy to navigate?
- Does the telemedicine software company ensure regulatory compliance (HIPAA/ CDC/ USFDA, etc.)?
- Does it provide all features and settings for your needs?
- Can you ask your vendor for customization to add more functions?
- Does the software deploy high-end security features and a secure encryption system for all transactions and patient communications?
- Can it work hassle-free with low bandwidth internet connectivity?
- Does the telemedicine vendor provide a free trial/free demo of its services?
- Does the telemedicine software solution support multiple languages, currencies, etc.?
- Does the telemedicine solution vendor provide a reliable 24/7 user support?
- Does the telehealth solution provider meet your objectives?
- Does the software meet medical insurance compliance?
- Whether it is a standalone solution or an integrated one?
- Does it provide free implementation and training?
- What are the hardware requirements? Which medical devices can connect and collect data?
What is the average cost of buying telemedicine software?
The costs of telehealth platforms depend on a large number of factors such as:
- Number of users, doctors, and patients it allows as admins
- Features it offers
- Type of installation: Cloud-based, Web-based, on-premise software, open-source
- Privacy and data integrity it provides
- Devices it can work on
- Quality of service offered
- Number of patients it can manage
- User interface and experience
If you need a free and open source telemedicine system, you can opt for Intelehealth. The independent version of Chiron Health will cost you around $150 per month per provider. Theraplatform will cost you $59 per month per provider for its Enterprise version. Virtual Practice team plan will cost $15 per month for 1-3 users. For other online telemedicine software or free telemedicine software such as GoTelecare, Doxy.me, Hale, Mytelemedicine, V see, eVisit, and many more others, you need to contact the vendor for detailed pricing. You can get the list and all information from the GoodFirms Telemedicine software page.
Why refer to GoodFirms' list of telemedicine software?
Goodfirms is a frontline IT research company popular in the IT sector for its comprehensive lists of thousands of IT services and products. GoodFirms has a sound track record of providing buying support and assistance to aspirants of B2B IT products and services.
GoodFirms creates, organizes, maintains, and regularly updates the listings of software based on their performance, feature updates, and user reviews. Currently, GoodFirms houses a massive list of 9000+ software products and services. GoodFirms has also collected 15000+ reviews of these services and products from genuine users. You are advised to go through the list of extensively researched best telemedicine software to find the best suitable one for yourself. You can filter the telemedicine software solutions based on various criteria such as deployment type, vendor pricings, features available, and many more.