Best Shipping Software
Are you looking to ship a large number of orders at a faster rate? GoodFirms has listed best shipping management software that will help you achieve this goal cost-efficiently. Whether you are looking for a small business shipping software solution or an enterprise-level shipping system, we have got everything covered for you. GoodFirms rankings and genuine client reviews will help you find the right shipping software for your business. So, just explore below our top recommendations from the shipping industry to pick the best fit for your business:
List of Top Shipping Software Solutions ProvidersFilter
Orderhive is an eCommerce Automation Software that allows you to manage your Inventory, Orders, Shipping and all other eCommerce operations automatically. It comes with a promise to raise the bar for every eCommerce operation with an ultra-modern design, easy-to-use interface, robust features and seamless integrations with marketplaces, shopping carts, shipping carriers and accounting software in ... read more about Orderhive
Latitude WMS is engineered to embrace a system’s flexibility required for different distribution models. With real-time control over inventory status, embedded support for RF and Voice, plus the ability to drive warehouse material handling equipment (including carousels, conveyor systems, pick/put to light), Latitude WMS includes the tools needed to effectively manage highly efficient and profit... read more about Latitude WMS
OpenBoxes is an open-source, web-based application developed by supply chain professionals working in resource-scarce settings. Already existing functionality includes inventory tracking, lot and expiry tracking, stock movement and shipment tracking, purchase orders, stock requisitions, and fulfillment, as well as built-in and customizable reports.... read more about OpenBoxes
ShipStation leads the e-commerce world with our web-based software designed to make e-commerce retailers exceptionally efficient at processing, fulfilling, and shipping their orders from all the most popular marketplaces and shopping carts using all the top carriers. We focus on the user and aim to continue to build out the best shipping software around. ... read more about Shipstation
ShippingEasy is the easiest cloud-based shipping platform on the market. With ShippingEasy, online merchants of all sizes can ship fast, with the best rates, and grow orders. ... read more about ShippingEasy
Stamps.com provides all the functions of the Post Office right on your desktop. From postage stamps to shipping labels, from First Class to Priority Mail, Stamps.com gives you the power to print and manage your postage like never before. Stamps.com even gives you postage discounts you can't get at the Post Office. ... read more about Stamps.com
ShipRush Web is cloud-based and integrated shipping software suitable for small-medium businesses and allows controlling shipping processes more efficiently. Businesses get a single platform to manage a variety of operations as the platform seamlessly integrates with various marketplaces, carriers and carts. ... read more about ShipRush Web
Stitch Labs is the leading inventory management system for rapidly growing brands. Purpose built for today’s modern multi-channel retailers, Stitch Labs provides scalability through improved efficiencies that enable sustained growth, while expanding into new channels and products. Stitch Labs also empowers retailers to take control of their operations through enhanced inventory visibility and ac... read more about Stitch Labs
Shipping Simplified o Fully automated platform o Processing more than 10 Lac shipments in a month o Powering more than 10,000 online sellers o Multiple location and vendor pickup o Superior Customer Experience o Maximum Reach With Multiple Carriers o Automated Shipping Solution= Save time & Efficiency ... read more about ShipRocket
Orange Manager is an E-Commerce Shipping System with built-in business management. With Orange Manager you will ship your products faster and manage your orders from tracking to taxes to customer support. ... read more about Orange Manager
ManageTeamz is one of the most trusted delivery management software system in india. That helps in grow your delivery business through route optimization, automatic scheduling and real-time tracking. Features of ManageTeamz ------------------------------------- Live location tracking Route optimization Upload bulk orders and assign them to drivers OTP based sign up / login - Custo... read more about ManageTeamz
CargoNet is a complete ERP for Freight Forwarding and CHA Community which is a single centralized framework to integrate and automate all Operational and Financial processes for a Logistics Firm, with the aim of increasing operational efficiency and improving the accessibility and flow of information across all departments and Branches.... read more about CargoNet
IMPARGO CargoApps is a transport solution for freight forwarders, carriers, and shippers. With the CargoApps from IMPARGO, you can automate and digitize your transport processing. From the receipt of your customer orders over the organization of subcontractors to the upload of a proof of delivery. With its focus on user-friendliness and flexibility, our logistics software is ideal for small to med... read more about IMPARGO CargoApps
PrestaShop was founded in 2007 with a mission to provide world-class ecommerce software through open source innovation. Today more than 270,000 ecommerce stores run on PrestaShop technology. The company provides software that enables users to have an online store at the lowest cost possible. ... read more about PrestaShop
Automated inventory tracking is critical to retailers and wholesalers, and helps ensure you have enough inventory on hand in the right locations to meet demand. Brightpearl's inventory management software provides visibility across all locations so you improve profitability and reduce the risk of overselling. Brightpearl’s flexible inventory management system has all of the features you need to ... read more about Brightpearl
ShipMonk is revolutionizing eCommerce order fulfillment by providing the most personal and attentive fulfillment and inventory management system solution for today's global economy. Our multichannel order fulfillment service and software enables SMBs to focus on building their brand and achieving next-level growth. ... read more about Ship Monk
Ordoro is a web app for small- and medium- sized e-commerce retailers to manage their orders, inventory and suppliers. Ordoro deals with everything that happens after a shopper clicks checkout on the retailer's website: print packing lists and shipping labels, manage inventory levels, manage dropshipping, manage customers, manage suppliers etc. ... read more about Ordoro
The world of Inventory Control software is rapidly evolving as organizations are able to obtain more and more insights as to where their inventory is going, the process it takes to get there and the issues that arise along that journey. With increasingly complex partnerships, supply lines and product portfolios, it is easy to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of transactions that occur on a regul... read more about Clear Spider
A collaborative platform for self-service supply chain planning and data discovery helping you accurately measure performance. Consolidate diverse internal and external data sources into a single data warehouse so that business users can quickly and easily build their own reports, linking elements from each data source for better precision in supply chain planning. ... read more about Halo
Shipwire, a SaaS platform offered by Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services, is an order management system that connects merchants to an expansive global logistics infrastructure that includes warehouses, parcel carriers, transportation and e-commerce connections. The Shipwire Platform supports B2B and B2C solutions and enables fast order fulfilment and optimized supply chain solutions. ... read more about Shipwire
Zenstores is a platform to propel online sellers to e-commerce greatness. Its powerful Dispatch shipping software and Insights sales reports get e-commerce businesses running faster, smoother and more profitably. It provides access to powerful, accessible products that simplify the time-intensive processes of selling online. Zenstores Dispatch saves users hours every day by automating the booking ... read more about Zenstore Dispatch
Reliable, scalable, proven software is one part of the equation. Another is speed. ProShip offers the fastest, most carrier-compliant services in the industry, allowing you to meet the demand of your customers and open the way to a clear competitive advantage. ... read more about ProShip
Consignor helps make delivery a competitive advantage for organisations across multiple industries and a seamless experience for their customers. Handling millions of shipments per year and hosting the largest carrier library in the world, the Consignor platform is helping more than 10,000 customers choose the best solution for their shipments, regardless of which carrier, ERP, WMS or webshop they... read more about Consignor
ShipHero is for those who want to manage inventory, expediently fulfill accurate orders, obtain the best shipping rates, and devote attention to increasing sales. We offer a wide range of tools and features that can be customized to fit your unique needs, which means that as you grow, ShipHero grows with you. ... read more about Shiphero
ShipWorks brings your whole e-commerce world together in one place and makes it easy to manage online orders and ship items quickly. With ShipWorks, you will save hours a day as the software automatically downloads and organizes your orders, prints your domestic and international shipping labels, automatically posts tracking information, and generates detailed reports about your business. &nb... read more about ShipWorks
Shiptheory is here to revolutionise shipping. Don't ship without us. It automates shipping the orders you need to dispatch to customers automatically. Creating consignments with your carriers, handling feeding back labels and tracking numbers into your sales channels. ... read more about Shiptheory
EasyEcom is an omnichannel inventory management solution catering to modern retailers. To provide a comprehensive technology platform to manage the Omnichannel business for growing Brands. EasyEcom accelerates the growth of enterprises with powerful, cloud-based platform that provides advanced features and different critical business reports based on data analytics. ... read more about EasyEcom
Freightview is an online freight management software that dramatically cuts the time and money SMBs spend on freight shipping. Freightview streamlines freight management to deliver better visibility and a more efficient, cost-effective shipping process while allowing shippers to maintain their own carrier relationships and negotiated rates. ... read more about Freightview
With ShippyPro you can print shipping labels, track packages, and manage shipments like a pro, saving time & money on shipping. All your orders are automatically imported and the best ShippyPro fare is detected among all your couriers. ... read more about ShippyPro
Logistics software assists businesses to synchronize sophisticated procedures and processes right from the juncture of origination to the final point (consumers). A good logistics software deals with coordination information, stock, handling of materials, production units, warehouse functions, transportation, and product packaging.... read more about Linbis
Transcount is cloud-based freight management and logistics uberization software for micro, small and medium-sized freight forwarders. Combined with the features of freight management, exchange, and professional networking is capable of boosting micro, small and medium-sized freight forwarder growth.... read more about Transcount
Some of the largest retailers, manufacturers, distributors, and offices in the world use Pierbridge's enterprise shipping software to power their supply chain applications and solve critical business problems. Pierbridge was founded in 2004 by an experienced executive team with a proven track record of success in the transportation software industry. We started with a vision that we could funda... read more about Transtream
Freightos™ makes shipping smoother with the world's online freight marketplace and freight automation technology. The Freightos software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology allows freight forwarders and carriers to manage contracts, and automate and manage the quotation and sales process, from their own web site.... read more about Freightos
ComFreight is a freight marketplace for trucking and logistics in North America. ComFreight enables shippers and brokers to post loads for free to receive bids and find trucks that match their requirements from carriers and over freight brokers.ComFreight streamlines the payment advance process for the trucking companies hauling these loads with a digital factoring and payment advance product call... read more about ComFreight
StorePep is a complete shipping solution for E-commerce stores which provides Live shipping rates and expected delivery dates to customers at checkout, automate label printing process, provides customers with real-time shipment tracking updates and generates manifests and requests on-demand pickups. StorePep automatically chooses the cheapest shipping cost from different carriers. With support for... read more about StorePep
AI-powered shipment tracking software that provides proactive delivery updates and meets customer need for tracking shipment during order confirmation, fulfillment, and delivery through automated frictionless technology. Our product includes intuitive smartphone apps for drivers, a powerful modern web dashboard for shippers, and automatic notifications and real-time tracking for customers. ... read more about ShypIQ
Easyship is the world’s leading cloud-based shipping technology platform that helps eCommerce merchants ship their products globally. As a user-centric product, Easyship has helped to simplify the complex world of cross-border logistics for more than 40,000 clients worldwide; with exclusive rates from leading couriers, on-demand pickup requests, and a dashboard to track every shipment, we've got... read more about Easyship
A collaboration of shipping's leading digital innovators. Through open-source standards and frameworks, the shipping industry is enabled to benefit from transparent and readily available digital connectivity. You can easily access and standard Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) allow organizations within the shipping industry access to programming instructions and standards for accessing an... read more about OpenShipping
The Stone Edge Order Manager is an easy-to-use, customizable platform designed for multichannel retailers. The Order Manager is extremely flexible and can adapt to a multitude of uses and does not pigeonhole you into a single business process. It sits at the core of your software eco-system and seamlessly integrations your selling channels, accounting solutions, payment gateways and more.... read more about Order Manager
The Freight Management System is the complete solution for any transport business. By automating processes, the Freight management system improves your company’s communication and productivity. reduces data entry. helps to eliminate errors. In the present scenario of freight forwarding business, without Freight Management system, survival will be very difficult... read more about i-frt
TMS+ is a powerful transport and shipping management tool. It allows you to automate and integrate your freight management process. The program fully reproduces processes with the TSL industry. TMS+ helps you to manage your shipments and transports including CMR documents, invoices, emails and automatic customer notification.... read more about freeTMS+
Whether you are a freight forwarder, consolidator, an NVOCC in need of a full solution, or an import/export manager who tracks shipping activities, Logitude World has the answer for you with its state-of-the-art freight forwarder solutions. It brings you a modern SaaS solution that employs the newest technology, is rich in functionality, and is easy to use. It enables you to focus on freight forwa... read more about Logitude World
Freight and Transportation Management Systems (TMS) with a specific mission of making complicated freight logistics simple. Developed and supported in NZ. Our target market for Webnotes is any company shipping over 10 items per day, anywhere in NZ. Our target market for i-mobile is any transport or distributor type company with multiple daily drivers. ... read more about Webnotes
- Introduction To Buyer’s Guide For Shipping Software
- What Is Shipping Software?
- Who Needs Shipping Software?
- Types Of Shipping Software
- Why Use Shipping Software?
- Key Integrations To Consider For Shipping Software
- How Does Shipping Software Supplement Other Needs?
- Benefits Of Shipping Software
- What Are The Essential Features One Must Look For In Shipping Software?
- Tips To Choose The Right Shipping Software
- Future Trends That Can Enhance The Shipping Processes
- What Is The Average Cost Of Shipping Software?
- Why refer to GoodFirms' list of best Shipping Software?
Introduction To Buyer’s Guide For Shipping Software
For any business enterprise, delivering products in a cost-effective manner, on-time, and in compliance to local and international regulations is a challenging task. However, by picking up the right shipping software, the organization can mitigate all their shipping related issues and leverage the advantage of smart features like shipment tracking, drop-shipping, intelligent routing, automated print labeling, etc. With the emerging trend of e-commerce business, the modern-day shipping software are also getting advanced in its operation and ensures that they ship efficiently now and well into the future.
Different businesses have different requirements, and filtering out the best shipping software from the pool of shipping software demands a lot of time and research. To save enterprises valuable time behind software selection here is the buyer's guide for shipping software.
This buyer's guide for shipping software is created to help business owners, shippers and third-party logistics understand the important aspects of shipping software, and things to consider while choosing the best shipping software for their business.
What Is Shipping Software?
Shipping Software is a tool that helps businesses to automate and streamline the shipping related activities that includes right from product shipment, generate and print labels, shipment tracking, claiming insurance, till billing and payment.
The advanced shipping software monitors the entire process of goods delivery and ensures it is completed at a scheduled time. Shipping software can immensely help in maintaining a high standard of customer service and operational efficiency. The shipping software can be deployed either as an on-premise solution or as a cloud service; some even prefer using a hybrid version.
Who Needs Shipping Software?
Shipping software spans a wide range of industries, but industries that have a huge demand for shipping software includes;
- E-commerce business
- Manufacturing industry
- Retail Industry
- Third-party logistics and distribution
- Health care sector
Each of these sectors has different shipping needs and they could pick one of the below mentioned shipping software types.
Types Of Shipping Software
- Multi-carrier shipping software: Multi-carrier shipping software enables users to select carriers and prepare documents from a single system. It helps shippers to switch between carriers easily as well as compare carriers to secure the best rates, transit times, and arrival dates. The software is used separately, or it comes bundled with regular shipping software.
- e-Commerce Shipping Software: e-Commerce shipping software is one of the popular shipping software types. It is specially designed for ecommerce business. Most of the ecommerce shipping software has an API that integrates easily with e-Commerce Platforms.
- Shipping Label Software: Shipping label software allows users to create and print shipping labels right from their desktops. Based on the unique details of each shipment, the labels are printed in a specific format. It may sound simple, but export shipping cartons and containers have to follow the strict markings and labelling rules. A small error in printing can block the delivery process. The modern and advanced shipping system software comes with inbuilt labeling features and does not require buying this software separately.
- Freight Management System Software: Freight management is a subset of supply chain management. It allows to rate, book, and track shipments; it is generally used by wholesalers, retailers, distributors, ecommerce organizations, shippers and logistics service providers.
- Shipment Tracking Software: Shipment tracking software tracks customer’s goods continuously and allows customers to view their current status at any time of the day. Besides shipment tracking, the parcel shipping software allows shippers to book containers, manage ocean freight rates, find a specific voyage, submit shipping instructions, compare container rates, etc.
- Freight Broker Software: Freight Broker Software allows brokers to manage customers' freight, invoicing, and paying the carriers.
- Freight Forwarding Software: A freight forwarding software assists freight companies manage cargo and create documentation to move shipments from point A to point Z via a single or multiple carriers. On top of that, it manages CRM, quotes, accounting, etc.
Why Use Shipping Software?
The globalization of the market has bolted the consumers' purchasing power, which results in the growing demand for products and the necessity to fulfill those demands on time. This revolutionary transformation of the business has brought the shipping software trends into action. A shipping management system can easily gel with the current business trend and can meet modern-day consumers' expectations.
- Choice of best carriers: The logistics are no more about delivering an object from point A to B but delivering the goods quickly in a cost-effective way. The shipping software programs give users the flexibility to choose the choice of their carriers that provide faster service at a lower rate.
- Easy documentation: Documentation is the biggest challenge in the traditional shipping techniques; it invariably adds unnecessary cost besides delaying the shipping process. With shipping software programs, most documents are converted to e-copies, and it is easy to store and process. Even small business shipping solutions can facilitate e-documentation and help users to cut costs on paper documents.
- Examining the bottlenecks: Shipping software programs can provide users with the data that point out the existing bottlenecks in the shipping process.
- Laser-sharp accuracy: The parcel shipping software ensures the customer receives the right product at the right location.
- Customer management: The shipping management system enables users to manage customer details and use them for building a long-term relationship. A well-managed customer data helps users identify purchasing trends, categorize customers, and target them with more relevant campaigns.
- Improve product with continuous feedback: The shipping system software can collect continuous feedback from the customers and identify the area for improvements.
- Customization: Some shipping software gives the customization option, and users can configure the features to add more carriers, generate custom reports, and additional tools to streamline the checkout and delivery processes.
Key Integrations To Consider For Shipping Software
- E-commerce platform: Shipping software trends have become quite evident in almost all sectors, especially in the e-commerce business. Shipping software systems that support e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Woocommerce, Magento can make multi-courier shipping effortless and easy. The best shipping software for ecommerce syncs orders from e-commerce platforms to automatically create labels and send the shipment tracking information. To deliver the best customer experience, every online business should be interlaced with the best shipping software for ecommerce.
- Sales Channel: Integrate all your sales channels with shipping software to import your orders and ship them out efficiently.
- Multiple shipping carriers: By integrating multiple shipping carriers with the shipping software, the business owners can ship orders efficiently and effectively. The shipping software for small businesses often comes with the facility to integrate with multiple shipping carriers.
- 3PL tool: The shipping software integrated with the 3PL tool can save time for users chasing down quotes for shipping carriers.
- Accounting: By integrating accounting tools with shipping software, the business owner can eliminate the need to enter manual journal entries. The users can manage everything from revenue and expenses to sales tax right through their shipping software.
- Online Payment: The shipping software supporting various payments API can make it easy for shippers to release payments while bypassing the traditional banking system.
- Marketplaces: The growing trend of e-commerce business and drop-shipping demands to connect the users with some leading online marketplace like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc.
How Does Shipping Software Supplement Other Needs?
Holistic shipping software embedded with other tools like warehouse management or inventory management increases the efficiency of the shipping process, and users do not have to buy that software separately. Such software can supplement actions like;
- Email Marketing: The shipping software with an email marketing tool can overcome the hassle of managing extra tools and remembering the payment date. Besides that, syncing and managing customer contact through a marketing tool becomes relatively easy.
- Inventory management: Top shipping software comes with an inbuilt inventory management system. Inventory management involves three main components - product management, supplier management, and purchase order management. The best shipping platform allows users to track all the inventory behind the scenes, fulfill the orders and restock products. It also automatically updates and syncs product quantities across each of its sales and suppliers channels.
- Shipping Insurance: The shipping industry is well aware of the risk associated with freight transportation, and therefore it is necessary to ensure they have proper insurance coverage. The shipping software solutions partner with insurance companies to provide the best and discounted insurance coverage to their customers.
- Warehouse management: There is a direct correlation between inventory, warehouse, and shipping. The warehouse system embedded with parcel shipping software can lead to an improved shipping process.
- Drop-shipping: Drop-shipping features with shipping software enable users to process drop-ship orders from multiple channels.
- Barcode scanning: A shipping app with barcode scanners enables workers to scan product barcodes through mobile phones. It can document damaged or absent shipments in real-time.
- Lead Management: Some online shipping software solutions allow storing customer and customer interactions, which can be accessed by different departments within the company. It can be used to categorize the potential customer based on their shipment history.
Benefits Of Shipping Software
- Fast shipping and fulfillment process: Efficient shipping software solutions can move orders in less time with high accuracy. It helps to speed-up the shipping process.
- Reduce inbound queries Real-time shipment confirmation sent to customers keeps them informed and reduces the customer queries.
- Automating repetitive tasks: Automation can take away a lot of burden from the business of performing repetitive tasks.
- Compare rates: The shipping management software integrated with multiple carriers allow users to compare the rates and services and choose as per need. Besides that, the customers have more flexibility in delivery options like pick-up/drop-off options.
- Reporting: The shipping solution with detailed analytics and reporting options can help business owners to make better decisions as they can analyze important metrics on products, customers, geographies, carriers, etc.
- Intelligent routing and reduce freight cost: A multi-carrier shipping solution can help in smart routing, which helps to reduce transportation costs. It also reduces the labor cost invested in managing the warehouse system.
- Integration with third-party tools: The shipping management software supporting third-party software widens the scope of software usability. The business owners can manage their accounts, tax, sales, and various other processes with their shipping solution.
- Bulk printing options: The shipping software gives the flexibility to print hundreds of packing slips and shipping labels with one click.
- Return management: Whether returning a single product or a bulk order, the process is a tedious task. It involves a lot of documentation, and sometimes, it can take weeks or months to settle the number of return goods. The best shipping platform with simple return policies can pace up the goods returning process and settle the amount quickly.
- Integrated Audit Trail: Shipping software with an integrated audit trail is useful in analyzing all the transactions in detail like Shipment carrier, origin, past and present order, etc.
What Are The Essential Features One Must Look For In Shipping Software?
- Bulk printing options
- Customizable labels ( reprint shipping labels)
- Easy return management process
- Reporting tools
- Robust data security
- Automated billing and payment
- Auto-updates and notifications
- Search shipments by shipping carrier
- Compare rates across shipping carrier
- User-level permissions and restrictions
- Multi-channel orders shipping
- Scan signature
All the above-mentioned features of shipping software can give shippers a bird eye view over the software selection, but there are few tips that further help users to filter the best shipping software. Read the following segments for the same.
Tips To Choose The Right Shipping Software
- List the requirements: Listing the requirements is a pre-requisite step to choose the right shipping software. As a shipping solution seeker, you need to prepare a checklist of all the business requirements and then analyze which shipping management software is relevant to the requirements. They can also opt for shipping software comparison.
- Pricing: Shipping software gives many options on the pricing based on the features and shipping capacity. However, the users have to ensure while buying shipping software that there are no hidden charges for the software. The shippers can also ask for an additional discount based on the volume and frequency of the shipments.
- API access: If a business has specific shipping requirements, then the business owner can use shipping software with API access. Many shipping software offers access to the shipping API to customize the software as per the business needs.
- Real-time rates: The shipping software should allow business owners to calculate shipping rates by integrating directly with the shipping companies. Shipping carriers can also offer a real-time rate.
- Carrier stability: While choosing the carrier for shipping, users should ensure that it integrates well with the shipping software and consistent in its services.
- Integrations: Top shipping software supports seamless integration of 3rd party tools. It is essential that the shipping software integrates well with leading accounting software, e-commerce store, payment software, and shipping carriers for its smooth functioning.
- Handling international shipping: If the business is operating worldwide, the business owners should ensure that the shipping management system is capable of calculating all the duties and taxes for international shipments, including generating customs forms and other required documents.
- User-friendly interface: A user-friendly interface is one of the key traits of the best shipping platform. It allows users to quickly move around various functions and use them effortlessly. A complicated interface can put off users easily, no matter how much effort it took to build the software, especially when it is e-commerce shipping software.
- Plugin-support: If the user is using online shipping software, then it is critical to identify the plugin-support too. For instance, certain online shipping software supports a plug-in that displays the calculated rates at the store checkout. It helps customers to see the cost of the shipment without having to contact shippers for a quote.
- Automation: Make sure the shipping software allows setting up automatic rules for various shipping related works like printing labels or automatically emailing customers about the product delivery. The small business shipping solutions may not come with full automation features.
- Security and data recovery: Top shipping software comes with an automatic data backup and recovery facility. Also, make sure the software has robust security features and data access on a permission basis.
- Manipulate order data: Efficient shipping system software should allow the users to make changes to the order data right from the selling platform. Besides that, it should route orders to the preferred fulfillment process and shipping selections.
- Fulfillment from multiple locations: If the business owner is dealing with multiple fulfillment locations, then it is favorable to choose the best shipping software that automatically routes the order to the right location. Not just route the order, but it should also enable real-time tracking of orders throughout the fulfillment process.
Future Trends That Can Enhance The Shipping Processes
- Voice assistant: Some of the shipping software has already integrated the voice assistant like Alexa in their software to get order information, pick lists, and batch print labels. So far, its applications have minimal use, but this can be used on a large scale in the future.
- Blockchain technology: Due to the open ledger system, blockchain technology promises complete transparency of the transaction. It also makes it the most secure place to store confidential data. In the coming days, blockchain technology could be used for drafting third party contracts and compliances involved in the shipping process.
- Autonomous vehicle: The future of shipping will include large autonomous trucks, ships, and drones. These vehicles are linked with powerful sensors (IoT) and AI technology that will further improve the business supply efficiency and provide the data set that was previously hard to fetch. The autonomous vehicle can save time and cost on shipping by calculating the fastest route to the delivery place.
- Digital Twins: Digital twins allow companies to create a virtual replica of the products or processes, which in turn, helps to anticipate errors based on past data and optimize operations. In the shipment sector, the digital twin can be used to replicate the existing process and identify potential weaknesses in it. For instance, the business owner can learn how different packaging can affect a particular product and steps to minimize the damage to the product.
- Augmented Intelligence: Augmented intelligence can be used in various ways to optimize shipping functions. It can handle complex processes such as optimal carrier selection or helping shipping companies calculate fuel consumption on the trip. It may completely change the shipping software trends.
- Enhanced GPS technology: GPS technology is already used by logistics services to track goods delivery and route delivery. In the future, this technology will be equipped with a live feed of the traffic data and accurate geo-positioning.
What Is The Average Cost Of Shipping Software?
The average cost of shipping software lies anywhere in between $9/month - $349/month or more. The huge variation in the shipping software pricing may be because the software comes either as standalone software or as an enterprise solution bundled with Inventory Management Solution, Warehouse Management Solution, or Logistic solutions.
Shipping software for small business or start-ups: The low range software is usually standalone shipping software, and it is ideal for small organizations dealing with limited numbers of shipments and does not have advanced features requirement like support for automatic label generation, fulfillment & drop shipping, or e-commerce integration. Shipping software for a small business like ShipStation and StorePep with a starting price of $9/month could be a good choice for start-ups or beginners. However, the price may rise as users add more features to it. ShipStation offers a 30-day free trial, whereas Storepep offers a 14 days free trial option. These tools may get through the user’s expectation looking for the best shipping company for small business.
Shipping Software for mid-sized and large enterprises: The medium-range shipping software with the full range of functionality is ideal for mid-size and large enterprises. The users can scale up their software features as per their requirements. It enables users to take complete control over their freight delivery and all other tasks related to it. Tools like Orderhive with a starting price of $44.99/month is an all-purpose tool for managing inventory, ordering, and shipping goods. The tool stands-out well as the best shipping software for ecommerce with its advanced features like shipping workflow automation and multi-channel order shipping. The tool offers a 15 days free trial on all its variants; however, Shopify users can have the leverage of using the tool for completely free. The other tools like Multiorders with a starting price of €45/month and Ordero with $59/month equally equip users with a comprehensive shipping solution.
If you are looking for a shipping software that can offer a comprehensive insight about their shipments on a granular level, then a premium range of shipping software is perfect. The premium range tools offer advanced features like automated order splitting, smart replenishment reports, and geo-routing. Tools like Freightview come with a starting price of $99/month and go up to $599/month as per user requirements, whereas iLobby Delivers is available at a starting price of $199/month. Both tools offer free trial options.
Apart from the above-mentioned options, the best free and open source shipping software can help business owners to tap on the evolving shipping software trends and explore its true capabilities without any investment.
Why refer to GoodFirms' list of best Shipping Software?
GoodFirms is a popular review and rating platform for IT solutions. It has been listing various software products to help the organization improve its efficiency and fine-tune its existing process. The products listed by GoodFirms are reliable and are specifically prepared by the experts with several years of experience. The software products are listed based on the pricing, features, and usability. The transparent rating system followed by GoodFirms allows consumers to analyze and pick a reliable product all under one roof.
The evolving trend of businesses from traditional brick and mortar to an online store has forced business owners to administer fast product delivery and better customer service. Holistic shipping software could be the answer to all their worries. Before finalizing the shipping software for your business, do not fail to check the comprehensive list of the best shipping software.