Best Financial Planning Software
Are you planning on computerizing the finance of your company? A financial management tool can create uniformity across every department in the enterprise by implementing orderly procedures regarding the management of financial transactions and related activities. Moreover, companies can centralize the entire financial information, making it readily accessible to end-users across every business unit as well as branch offices. However, the task of finding the right financial planning software for advisers is a challenge due to the vast availability in the market. GoodFirms has, thus, cataloged the best financial management software based on their overall service and performance to ease your work.
List of Financial Planning Software for Adviser | Best Financial Management Software
List of Financial Planning Software for Adviser | Best Financial Management SoftwareFilter
- 1Chart your course to financial independence
OnTrajectory's advanced personal financial planning software makes it easy to test your assumptions and track your progress toward financial independence.Impress and empower your clients with a shared source of truth for financial planning that you control.Other financial tools constrain your ability to test different assumptions and model complex scenarios. OnTrajectory Pro was built to handle yo... read more about OnTrajectoryBest of the Lot- AnonymousVisit website14 Days$49.00/Month
- 2Cut invoice-to-payment time 50%
Sage Intacct is 100% invested in meeting the needs of financial professionals, 100% focused on customer success, and 100% committed to the cloud. That’s who we are, and always will be. Thousands of organizations rely on Sage Intacct’s best-in-class cloud ERP software, which is part of the Sage Business Cloud, to deliver the efficiencies and insights that keep them on the fast track of growth, ... read more about Sage IntacctGreat company to work with- Ashley O'Connor, Financial Analyst/Administrative Assistant at Performance Software Corporation
- 4Get To Know Your Money.
Our free online tools allow you to view all of your accounts in one place. A powerful dashboard provides deep insights so you can understand your entire financial picture. As an investment client, your dedicated fiduciary advisor will leverage these tools to provide personalized wealth management advice that you can trust and understand. Your tailored plan dynamically evolves with your changing li... read more about Personal Capital
- 5Comprehensive financial planning.
NaviPlan empowers firms to cater their services to any client, from simple goal-based to advanced cash flow planning. Alongside its precise calculation engine, NaviPlan offers a wide range of functionality, including comprehensive planning centered on detailed tax analysis, advanced estate planning, modeling various alternative plan scenarios, and an optional client portal. It is also flexible eno... read more about NaviPlan
- 6GnuCash is personal and small-business financial-accounting software
GnuCash is personal and small-business financial-accounting software, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows.Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, GnuCash allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. ... read more about Gnucash
- 7Money Manager Ex is a free, open-source, cross-platform, easy-to-use personal finance software
Money Manager Ex is a free, open-source, cross-platform, easy-to-use personal finance software. It primarily helps organize one's finances and keeps track of where, when and how the money goes. It is also a great tool to get a bird's eye view of your financial worth. ... read more about Money Manager Ex
- 8Personal budget software for the rest of us
Buddi is a personal finance and budgeting program, aimed at those who have little or no financial background. In making this software, I have attempted to make things as simple as possible, while still retaining enough functions to satisfy most home users.Buddi is released as Open Source Software. ... read more about Buddi
- 9Free personal finance software, money management
HomeBank is a free software (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") that will assist you to manage your personal accounting.It is designed to easy to use and be able to analyse your personal finance and budget in detail using powerful filtering tools and beautiful charts.If you are looking for a completely free and easy application to manage your personal accounting, budget, finance then ... read more about HomeBank
- 10A free and open source personal finance manager
Firefly III is a self-hosted financial manager. It can help you keep track of expenses, income, budgets and everything in between. It supports credit cards, shared household accounts, and savings accounts. It’s pretty fancy. You should use it to save and organize money.... read more about Firefly III
- 11A personal finances manager
Skrooge allows you to manage your personal finances, powered by KDE. Thanks to its many features, it is one of the most powerful way to enter, follow, and analyze your expenses.Based on its KDE foundations, Skrooge can run on many platforms, including of course linux, BSD, Solaris, but also on Mac OS, and possibly on Windows.... read more about Skrooge
- 12the BEST Personal Finance Manager for FREE Users, full stop.
Using time tested double entry accounting principles KMyMoney can help ensure that your finances are kept in correct order.KMyMoney strives to be the easiest open source personal finance manager to use, especially for the non-technical user.KMyMoney intends to provide all important features found in the commercially-available, personal finance managers.... read more about KMyMoney
- 13Everyone needs and deserves a quality financial plan.
MoneyGuidePro® believes Everyone needs and deserves a quality financial plan. As an innovator and industry leader, PIEtech is focused on helping financial advisors use technology to help more clients prepare for retirement and develop deeper client relationships. MoneyGuidePro has been named the #1 financial planning software for ten years running. ... read more about MoneyGuideVisit website14 DaysContact Vendor
- 14Financial Planning For Everybody
Whether you're a financial advisor or a do-it-yourself individual, you can use WealthTrace's comprehensive financial and retirement planning software. Easy to understand results show if you will outlive your money. We have versions for both financial advisors and for personal use by consumers.Link your accounts and have them update automatically every day. WealthTrace is accurate, taking into acco... read more about WealthTraceVisit website14 Days$229/Year
- 15Professional financial planning software for top advisors and growing firms.
From big-picture to in-depth, Money Tree Software offers professional financial planning solutions for advisors. Plan the way for your clients' financial futures.Silver's interactive big-picture planning supports important conversations about your client's financial future. Spend less time creating plans and more time on what really matters. ... read more about MoneytreeVisit websiteN/A$495/Year
- 16More planning in less time
Use RightCapital’s powerful, interactive projection tools to help clients prepare for retirement and plan for different contingencies.Show your clients how they can save money using tax-efficient strategies for distributing their assets such as Roth conversions.Help your clients maximize their Social Security benefits and understand the impact of decisions about Medicare. ... read more about RightCapitalVisit website14 Days$124.95/Month
- 17Wealth Management Technology That Helps You
eMoney Advisor, LLC (“eMoney”) is the leading provider of scalable wealth management solutions for financial professionals, firms, and enterprises of all sizes. Rooted in collaborative financial planning, eMoney’s technologies and services enable financial professionals to build stronger client relationships, streamline business operations, and drive revenue and growth.... read more about eMoneyVisit websiteAvailableContact Vendor
- 18We empower clients to become active participants in their financial heath.
We empower clients to become active participants in their financial heath. Our collaborative planning process pairs experienced advice with technological innovation to help clients make informed decisions and build confidence in reaching their life goals.A long-term financial strategy is critical to reaching your financial objectives. This is why all our investment management clients benefit from ... read more about Principium
- 19Financial Advisers' Favorite Platform for Financial Planning
In financial advice industry, the single biggest challenge for financial advisors is to produce financial plans for their clients; financial plans that involve simple steps to produce, that are concise, and easily understood by both advisors and their clients. Over time, we have seen many financial planning software applications entering the marketplace.... read more about GowealthPro
- 20We Lead Financial Planning Innovation!
Westwood, MA based OMYEN Corp. has developed the Personal Financial Index® or PFITM. This online financial planning software allows an individual or a family to take a 360o view of their finances and get an actionable financial plan. The PFI software offers a highly intuitive user interface for financial planning.OMYEN Corp. has also developed the Wealth Planner™, a sophisticated yet easy to us... read more about Omyen
The RetireWire MoneyGuide will help you define what type of retirement you want and what type of retirement you need. The software then helps you prioritize those things from most to least important and create a plan which matches your income and assets to your expected expenses and liabilities. Ultimately the goal is to help you achieve everything you’ve dreamed within your financial constraint... read more about RetireWire
- 22REAL WORLD ADVICE AND MONEY MANAGEMENT
Consumers and do-it-yourself investors: Do it all yourself, and make better financial plans than you'd get by hiring a sophisticated and expensive financial planner. Also you can create your own custom investment portfolios, for a fraction of the cost. There are detailed instructions for all financial planning software, so anyone with basic Microsoft Excel experience can use them. ... read more about Tools For Money
- 23Powerful Planning Solutions for Financial Institutions, Advisors and Attorneys.
Brentmark® Software provides personal financial planning products and services for professionals and consumers: estate, financial, and retirement planning software. Software products include Retirement Plan Analyzer, Estate Planning Tools, PFP Notebook™, Retirement Distributions Planner, Kugler Estate Analyzer™, Charitable Financial Planner, Estate Planning QuickView, and Savings Bond Toolkit... read more about Brentmark
- 24Let's Engineer a PLAN Together
Our financial planning software provides powerful capabilities that allow us to develop your financial plan. We do it collaboratively with YOU at the center of the planning process. View the Financial Planning Software video for an eye-opening perspective on what this software may do for you.We provide you with a very secure process to share and store your financial data - whether you are sitting ... read more about Kastler
- 25Financial Planning Software
You can easily create a financial plan for your retirement and other personal financial planning.It provides the financial planning tools you need to create a comprehensive personal financial plan.You can plan for your current and future financial events.You can track your investment, tax free, retirement, and other asset and equity accounts. ... read more about J&L Financial Planner
- 26A simple approach to a strong financial future.
eFinPLAN is comprehensive financial planning software for all type of individuals. For the first time it is easily accessible for the regular consumer to have access to low-cost financial planning. eFinPLAN also provides custom applications for financial institutions including credit unions, banks, retirement plans, employer provided financial wellness programs and employee benefits. ... read more about eFinPlanVisit websiteN/A$99.00/Year
- 27Your Life, Your Plan
Financial planner for travel and outdoors enthusiasts specializing in Investments and Retirement Income Planning!At Baobab Wealth, we want you to experience the value a financial plan can bring to your life as well as see the value in working with us. This is why there is never any cost or obligation to create a financial plan with us. ... read more about Baobab
- 28Your trusted financial advisor software
Retirement in a Nutshell was developed by an advisor with over 30 years of industry experience who needed a simple yet powerful financial planning program to help his clients because all other options were either too complicated, not powerful enough or too expensive. Today, Retirement in a Nutshell has been in business for over 10 years and has helped advisors across the country give their clients... read more about Retirement in a Nutshell
- 29Comprehensive Financial Planning Software
Cheshire is a leader in developing financial planning software for the wealth management industry. Our easy-to-use financial planning and retirement planning software combines sophisticated modeling and analytics with rich, high-quality output that's easy to understand.This wealth management software includes Monte Carlo probability analysis using goal or cash-flow based planning. ... read more about Cheshire
- 30Create Plans and Client Presentations in Just Minutes Instead of Hours
Advisys creates smarter, simpler, faster financial planning and insurance sales solutions for professionals. Reports summarize on a single page the client’s need and a solution. Education materials simplify complex topics and are easy for clients to understand. Calculators answer a client’s questions or overcome objections with just a handful of inputs. ... read more about Advisys
- 31Planning makes a difference with MoneyGuidePro and Kucharski Financial
Kucharski Financial serves the mass affluent, who generally have investable assets ranging from $100,000 to $2,000,000, as well as select high net worth clients with investable assets over $2,000,000 to $10,000,000. We have had the privilege of building our firm to what it is today and have learned that we work best with professionals and retirees who share our values and planning objectives. Our ... read more about Kucharski Financial
- 32Take Charge of Your Financial Journey
As a family-owned firm we are dedicated to bringing our values and beliefs of a comprehensive financial planning approach to creat personal financial plans to guide our clients in reaching thier financial goals.We design our financial advice around our client’s personal situation and our conservative investment philosophy is simply based on implementing some of the greatest ideas in ﬁnance to ... read more about Ball Comprehensive Planning
- 33A New Way to Optimize Spend & Expense
Center helps finance teams radically reduce the time they spend on manual, resource-intensive operations like expense management so they can focus on high-impact activities.Our first product is a complete corporate card and expense solution that integrates the entire spend and expense process, from planning through purchase, processing, and posting to the GL. The Center SpendOps Suite includes Cen... read more about CenterCard
- 34Do not wait — Automate your group now!
It automates the operations of these groups, eliminating the need for complex Excel sheets and bulky write up, there by making the work of financial book keeping within the group easier.It acheives this in the following way: It automates member invoicing, keeps an updated statement for each member, members can login to view their financial positin within the group, reminds members to make payments... read more about ChamasoftVisit website14 DaysContact Vendor
- 35It’s all coming together
A leading personal finance app from Intuit, makes it even easier to manage personal finances, budgets and bill payments. You’re going to love how simple it is to manage bills and money in one place.When you’re on top of your money, life is good. We help you effortlessly manage your finances in one place. ... read more about Mint
- 36MyPlanMap is Helping Leading Financial Planners Excel at Answering this Core Client Question
We stand for being able to engage by breaking it down the easiest things possible. making it simple, granular, easy is our way of driving value.We stand for create sustainable, durable, value capture for fee only advisors. The value can be captured by creating a whole new revenue stream for clients. Make them be able to capture the value by adding this as a service they offer their clients abov... read more about MyPlanMap
- 37Your easiest financial decision
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 23x greater ... read more about Wealthfront
- 38Fee-Only Financial Planning and Investment Management
Millennial Wealth provides financial planning services to young professionals, families, and tech industry employees to improve their finances and enhance their lives. We designed a financial planning process that incorporates not only financial goals but also your LIFE goals.You can set yourself up for a life full of happiness and success by clarifying, tracking, and taking action towards these g... read more about Millennial Wealth
- 39Small businesses have a right to great software
We've changed the way small businesses make money, spend money and track money.Wave delivers innovative financial services and award-winning free software to small- and micro-businesses around the world.By providing access to improving cash flow (Payments), delivering money to employees (Payroll), helping businesses get paid (Invoicing), preparing for tax time and providing business insights (Acco... read more about Wave Financial
- 40Easy-to-use, visual software for financial professionals
Since 1996, Ativa Interactive has been developing software, website content, financial calculators and infographics for financial advisors, professionals, associations and corporations. Our mission is to consistently deliver effective, practical, easy-to-use, visual tools.Operating on the premise that professionals shouldn’t have to be technology experts, all Ativa resources support professional... read more about Ativa
- 41Industry Leading Financial Modeling Platform
Synario is a financial modeling intelligence software that helps finance professionals achieve new levels of clarity, credibility, and consensus to make informed business decisions.. Through patented Multiverse Modeling technology, Synario elevates the modeling process and facilitates agile decision-making. Build financial models faster with our World Class-rated implementation team and pain... read more about Synario
- 42Accounting Software
Moneypex is an affordable and powerful free accounting software solution for business owners to keep track of their business finances. Through smart invoicing and high impact solutions, Moneypex Saves business owners time that can be reinvested into business growth. It is simple to use and can manage multiple businesses.... read more about Moneypex
- 43Unify the financial services experience and unlock loyalty with Financial Services Cloud.
Salesforce Financial Services Cloud integrates sales, service, and marketing into a consistent, personalized customer experience across all departments and communication channels. From tellers at retail banks to wealth & asset management advisors, Salesforce will help you transform how you work with customers as well as how you work within your organization. The Financial Services Cloud and its... read more about Salesforce Financial Services
- 44Finance Management
Cloud Financials enables finance leaders to have one accessible view of their business performance anywhere, anytime on one piece of accounting software. Cloud Financials offers over 1,000 customisable reporting structures, so finance teams can translate complex financial data into consumable information to help navigate changing economies and markets, minimising risk. It is a robust and secure fi... read more about Cloud Financials
- 45Best Personal Finance Management
Make smarter financial decisions with Wizely. An app that understands your financial life and guides you on a personalized path towards financial wellness Don’t we all have just about the same questions when it comes to money - we need it, we get it, we spend it, but can’t seem to save it! Or save most of it and don’t spend where necessary. What you, and thousands of young minds like you... read more about Wizely
- 46Investment software that challenges what’s possible
In September 2019, Black Mountain Systems and AltaReturn came together to form Allvue. Merging Black Mountain’s extensive experience in data aggregation, process management, and business reporting with AltaReturn’s solutions for private capital fund managers, administrators and family offices, Allvue offers a broad set of alternative investment solutions with best-in-class asset coverage.... read more about Allvue
- 47Modern Visual Planning
ValQ is a server less, lightweight, multi-purpose application running on Power BI supporting use cases such as planning, forecasting, budgeting, time series forecasting, and value driver planning. It helps enterprises run simulations, plans & analyses in a very visual and intuitive manner. It supports use cases across various departments and functions and is designed keeping in mind the analysis... read more about valQ
- Buyer's Guide to Financial Planning Software
- What is Financial Planning?
- What Are The Types Of Financial Planning?
- Why Is Financial Planning Considered The Backbone Of Business Strategy?
- How Does A Miscalculated Financial Plan Affect A Business?
- What Are The Challenges Associated With Financial Planning During Unprecedented Global Circumstances?
- What Are The Essential Tools Businesses Should Implement To Grow Their Financial Planning Practices?
- What is Financial Planning Software?
- What Is The Need For Financial Planning Software?
- Features of Financial Planning Software?
- What Are The Advantages Of Financial Planning Software?
- How Much Does The Financial Planning Software Cost?
- Why Consider Goodfirms' List Of Top Financial Planning Software?
Buyer's Guide to Financial Planning Software
From a business or an individual perspective - financial planning has always been considered as THE most vital aspect of planning for the future. With the twists and turns in global economic forecasts, maintaining control over finances has become paramount.
This Buyers Guide on Financial Planning Software seeks to aid users in their quest for digital tools to help businesses (as well as independent users) gain control, effectivize, and collectively increase their financial planning capabilities. This will greatly aid business and personal prosperity.
GoodFirms has published this resource featuring the features, benefits, costs, and other related information to ease your purchase decision process of the financial planning system. This will enable you to choose the best possible software for your organization.
What is Financial Planning?
A financial plan is the most crucial aspect of an overall business plan, as it specifies the avenues - resources, activities, and investments - into which businesses must distribute funds to meet the organization's strategic goals.
Financial planning is a process by which companies analyze the business environment and determine how best to deploy the capital required to meet the objectives and vision of the organization. The planning process takes into account:
- Analysis of the quantity and quality of resources required to achieve specific progress.
- Formulation of a budget. This determines how to allocate funds to resource acquisition or service and investment. The firm’s financial goals are the foremost thought while accomplishing this task.
- The source of funds to meet the financial requirements to achieve goals (Owned Capital v/s Borrowed Capital)
- The time frame to accomplish the financial objectives
- Risks and mitigating factors to affect business performance on the financial front.
Good financial planning crystallizes to form a great financial plan. The planning process results in the creation of policies that help administer funds needed by an organization to meet its business goals in the future.
Financial planning must include details on investments, cash flow, debt, and other monetary resources at the disposal of the company to help meet both short-term and long-term objectives.
What Are The Types Of Financial Planning?
While there are a plethora of types and modes of financial planning for individuals, the categorization is relatively straight-forward for business. There are three types of financial planning modes -
- Short-Term Financial Planning: Carried out for a short period of time, i.e., just six months to one fiscal year, this type of financial planning involves the management of short-term deficits and immediate working capital needs (Inventory, Raw Materials, Debtors, etc.). There is lesser ambiguity involved as one can plan for market trends in the near future. However, the plans are subject to change as per investment opportunities and financial constraints.
- Medium-Term Financial Planning: This type of financial planning generally considers a wider time-frame of between two to five years for financial strategy execution. Here, the focus is on investing and improving assets, bettering process structure, innovative research, and development, etc.
- Long-Term Financial Planning: Focussing on the financial outlay of the organization for a period beyond 10 years, long-term financial planning looks to match the ambitions of the company’s overall objective with necessary financial bandwidth. This includes focussing on mergers and acquisitions, long-term capital planning, etc.
Why Is Financial Planning Considered The Backbone Of Business Strategy?
An unsuccessful business will always point its finger at a flawed business strategy execution for its demise. However, beyond execution, business strategy is dependent on accurate planning throughout all verticals of the businesses, especially the financial division. Here are a few reasons why important financial planning goes a long way in securing the business strategy:
- Financial planning helps create a budget through which businesses can plan for the judicious use of funds for different verticals. Calculating miscellaneous expenses, taxes, salaries, etc., early gives organizations a head start. Even the marketing and sales teams, the operations department, and IT whizzes depend on financial planning to help them execute their tasks as per a fixed budget to achieve short and long-term business strategies.
- A direct off-shoot of budgeting is resource planning. Through financial planning, businesses are capable of being sure of the quantity and quality of resources they can opt to deploy. The resources may be human capital or equipment. This is particularly important to execute business strategy.
- Financial planning also helps with forecasting and profit estimation. We can estimate the total output at a particular level of investment (resource allocation, research, etc.) and prepare for proportional profits, based on prevalent market conditions.
- Financial planning also gives organizations a birds-eye view of the total assets and liabilities on its balance sheet. Building a good business strategy depends on the maintenance of two fundamentals, i.e., reducing liabilities (loans) and increasing assets. Any miscalculation here results in a complete down-turn of business performance.
- An important aspect of business strategy is investments. They may be monetary (bank bonds, etc.) or investment in equipment upgrades or investment in better systemic processes.
How Does A Miscalculated Financial Plan Affect A Business?
Businesses depend on an exceptional financial plan to lead them on the path to profits and productivity excellence. A miscalculation in the financial plan has disastrous effects. Some of them are as follows -
- Undercooked budgets that result in poor financial judgment
- Poor resource planning due to excessive or deficient which ruins business performance
- Lack of insight on business investments and improvements
- Incorrect communication with stakeholders on business objectives and achievements
- Miscalculated financial forecasts result in profit reduction.
- Logjam in the workings of multiple departments owing to the poor financial outlay
- Spiraling increases in liabilities (debt) which may force business closure
- Lower working capital which puts pressure on other resources
- Constant scrutiny of medium and long-term strategies to push businesses into uncertainty.
What Are The Challenges Associated With Financial Planning During Unprecedented Global Circumstances?
Crises represent opportunities for the best minds to come up with innovative solutions. However, unprecedented global circumstances - such as the dotcom bubble burst of the early 2000s and the economic depression of 2008 - offer a different kind of headache to financial planning.
With a major (often negative) shift in global economic conditions, businesses need to adapt - especially on their financial front. Financial plans made prior to such circumstances need refreshment. Some of the challenges faced associated with financial planning in such circumstances are as follows:
- Complete realignment of financial strategy considering prevalent business scenarios
- Formulating entirely new forecast models for business performance
- Discarding previous investment schemas & creating new ones with reduced budgets
- Recalculating budgets of departments that may meet objectives and those that may not
- Financial planning for newer revenue streams
- Dynamic improvement on reserve Cash Management
- Lower Margin for error
- The necessity to relook at investment options and plan for lower risk almost immediately
What Are The Essential Tools Businesses Should Implement To Grow Their Financial Planning Practices?
Financial planning requires the right degree of knowledge and assistance to develop sound strategies for businesses to prosper. Tools and toolkits have been created to assist financial planners within organizations to perform their duties.
Some of the most important tools for businesses to grow their financial planning practices include:
- Accounting Tools
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- Cash Flow Analytics and Management
- Financial Reporting Dashboards and Analytics platforms
- Expenditure analysis tools
- Market analysis tools
- Payroll analysis software
What is Financial Planning Software?
Given the incredible expanse of business operations in the 21st century, it is imperative to implement technology into any financial planning mode. This reduces ambiguity and bolsters the recording of various financial metrics and motives. Thus arose Financial Planning Software.
Financial management software helps organizations maintain strict financial adherence to objectives - aiding in the creation and maintenance of a budget, controlling expenditures, monitoring investments, as well as financial planning for future business operations.
All of these are just a microcosm of the functionality of the software. Any financial planning tool ultimately looks to ensure the business is profitable but allocating funds to the right purposes. Financial software highlight key outlooks for the business such as:
- Current Financial strength of the firm
- Financial business goals
- Timeline of investments needed into important sections of the business
- Business Risk Calculation
- Type of investments to be made for business performance enhancement
What’s more, you ask? Individuals, besides organizations, require guidance in sound financial planning for their future. Financial planning software for individuals is the answer they are seeking.
What Is The Need For Financial Planning Software?
As businesses seek growth, especially in a dynamic environment like today, the need to maintain financial equilibrium is greater than ever. Some of the key reasons for businesses to invest in good financial management systems are as documented below.
All businesses need to maintain strict adherence to their formulated budget. Any digression in doing so could be fatal for business objectives. Financial planning systems help keep budgets in check.
With an increase in business inflows and outflows, it becomes imperative to maintain records for taxation purposes as well as impeccable accounting standards. Some of the best financial planning software assist flawlessly in this regard. Reporting and analytics tools, as well as exceptional tracking modes (expenditure tracking, etc.), help firms maintain a firm grip on their finances.
One of the core reasons for businesses to exist is to generate profit for their stakeholders. As the world evolves toward a more sustainable model, the business models need considerable refurbishment too. This usually takes the form of investment in key processes, equipment, and monetary tools. Financial planner software ace this test by providing key insights on methods to increase inflow, and by that virtue, monetary profits.
Financial planning platforms also highlight risks involved in certain business processes (from a financial aspect), while highlighting clear options to cut expenses down such avenues. One can also optimize financial plans based on the reports generated by the financial management system software. The data from such reports is safely stored for future reference.
Furthermore, there are several management tools (cash management) that both individual financial advisors and financial specialists within organizations use to plan and perform financial activities.
Features of Financial Planning Software?
Some of the most important features of an online financial planning tool are as follows -
- Accounting Integration: Finance software solutions usually replace multiple and discrete accounting software systems with an integrated accounting tool to perform functions such as order keeping, costing, and other important accounting services.
- Budgeting and forecasting: A finance management tool usually helps formulate budgets that keep in mind the best performing verticals and the amount of investment required to achieve a level of performance that reflects potential and market scenarios. Forecasting is also a vital feature as financial planning software can easily plot a course for business verticals at specific levels of investment.
- Expenditure Tracking: Even free financial management software has the capability to track & record a business’s outflows to ensure all sums to be disbursed are done so efficiently, following strict timelines.
- Investment Management: Besides premium versions on the market, free financial planning software should also be capable of helping businesses understand the different channels into which they should invest capital to achieve business objectives.
- Risk Management: The degree to which risk is incorporated into the business operation and revenue generation is dependent on the firm. Maintaining investment and operations efficiency with risk inclusive factors is important.
- Cash Management: Managing the inflows and outflows of cash (digital or currency notes) in an organization is important. Popularly called working capital, cash management techniques in the financial planning software help businesses understand the obligations they can fulfill immediately with their reserves as well as showing how to maintain savings.
- Revenue Recognition: A Generally Accepted Accounting Procedure (GAAP), the Revenue recognition feature in best online financial planning platforms helps organize and account for revenue from different sources.
- Tax Management: The financial planning software must help showcase avenues where tax can be scrupulously saved and what the companies outflow to the government are through its business lines.
What Are The Advantages Of Financial Planning Software?
Some of the most important advantages of Financial Software Solutions are as follows:
- Financial Reporting and Analytics
- Easy and accurate Budgeting and Forecasting
- Tax Report Analysis
- Investment tracking and analysis tools to increase profits
- Error-free Analysis of financial plans
- Good financial planning software helps eliminate miscommunication and increases collaboration between teams
- Real-time financial information updates
- Time-saving features include extraction of data and automated calculations to speed up the process of financial planning
- Centralized storage to facilitate quick access to important financial reports and data
- Cash flow analysis to estimate and increase profit margins
- Strategic planning of assets, liabilities, and expenditures to plan for different market scenarios
How Much Does The Financial Planning Software Cost?
Financial planning software for consumers - whether businesses or individuals - are priced differently based in features, creator organization, and subscription models.
Some of the best free and open Source Financial Planning Software solutions can help those with less budget or run a start-up small scale business.
HomeBank is a finance management tool that offers a free version with fuller versions needing subscription at an affordable price. WealthTrace is another competitor that charges a more affordable price of $229 per year. Moneytree is, by far, one of the most popular software on the market. It offers a 14-day trial period for the use of its software followed by a base plan starting at $495 per year.
Renowned Financial Planning firm Envestnet has created its own software MoneyGuide, which offers a 14-day trial period with custom pricing that depends on the number of users. Right Capital is one of the most premium financial planning software on offer here, coming in at $124.95 per month.
OnTrajectory is one of the most affordable financial planning systems available, priced at just $9 per month, and $ 5 per month (paid annually after discount).
Most, if not all of, the other software listed on GoodFirms, require a personal consultation before prices can be decided.
Why Consider Goodfirms' List Of Top Financial Planning Software?
We at GoodFirms have created a comprehensive list of Financial Planning Software. This resource has been created with the sole purpose of documenting the functionality of financial planning tools, which will greatly aid users in their final buying decision.
Besides features and benefits alone, this buyer’s guide presents important information on the necessity for businesses to have financial planning systems, as well as average costs associated with different versions.
We have listed out Free and open source Financial planning software, as well as premium financial planner tools. If you feel you need to parse through different kinds of software, our software directory will have all the information for your perusal. Do read!