Best Restaurant POS Software
If you are looking for high-quality restaurant POS software that can smartly manage your restaurant businesses, then you have landed on the apt page. A restaurant Point of Sale System helps restaurants in managing their orders and inventory management process. The restaurant POS system is packed with features that can assist restaurants and bars to improve their day-to-day functions. By employing top-notch restaurant point of sale software, you can increase revenue opportunities and can improve customer service. The POS solutions for restaurants and bar industries can help you simplify and manage your restaurant’s end-to-end processes. Here at the GoodFirms platform, you can explore the top quality restaurant POS software that can help you in providing the overall profitability to your restaurant and bar industry.
List of the Best Restaurant POS Systems | Best Restaurant POS Software
- Point of Sale Software Easy to Use.
Square is a point-of-sale application designed to provide businesses with a reliable and fast POS software system. It enables you to take payments using your iOS or Android devices and can be implemented on the counter or on-the-go. The POS system comes with a free downloadable point of sale software plus a Square magstripe reader, allowing payments via debit and credit cards. It also comes with ... learn more about Square"Lean and easy to use"Ali Jaffar, CEO at Key Medium
- Restaurant Point of Sale & Management System
Toast is an all-in-one point-of-sale and restaurant management platform. As a cloud-based system built specifically for restaurants, Toast POS software offers advanced functionality including tableside ordering, quick menu modifications, real-time enterprise reporting, online ordering, and labor management on an easy-to-use interface. ... learn more about Toast POS"Very good program"R MadhanVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$79.00 per Month
- Free POS Software & Inventory Management Software.
Loyverse provides simple yet powerful POS software tools for managing small to medium retail business. Manage your store and sales from a smartphone or tablet — increase your small business profit by making your sales easy and fast with Loyverse Point of Sale software, manage inventory, visualize sales analytics, acquire, retain, engage your customers and multiply their average spend.... learn more about Loyverse"Good POS"Angei Ret
- Award winning EPOS systems and cloud software for any business.
Inventory, customer loyalty and point-of-sale software for iPad, Android, Mac & PC. Instant setup, grow and manage your business in the cloud. From a single location, to many. ... learn more about Epos Now"Epos Now UK Award winning EPOS systems."pemor pemorVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$39 per Month
- Restaurant POS & Management Platform
Petpooja is a comprehensive restaurant management platform to manage all aspects of your business. Petpooja’s basket has multiple features and integrations like Billing and KOT, Table management, Menu management, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Inventory Management, 80+ Integrations, 50+ Business Reports, and much more. The offering basically ranges from recording the inbound logistics (... learn more about Petpooja"Product Review"Kevin GandhiVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$135 per Year
- The retail POS system to manage your sales.
Lightspeed Retail Point of Sale software is the industry-leading easy to use cloud-based POS solution for retailers. Lightspeed Retail simplifies the way you serve customers and manage all your store locations. Lightspeed POS software to manage your inventory, keep tabs on your sales, manage your employees, process payments and create unforgettable shopping experiences that keep customers coming b... learn more about Lightspeed POS"Good"Clay Duos, Owner at Clay M. Duos, DDSVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$69.00 per Month
- iPad POS System: Restaurant Point of Sale Software
TouchBistro pos software is built for restaurant people, by restaurant people. We're a team with hundreds of years of experience in the restaurant industry – and we've used that experience to build a Point of Sale software solution that helps restaurateurs make more money, deliver a great customer experience, and take the guesswork out of making business decisions. TouchBistro was designed to ma... learn more about TouchBistroVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial28 daysEntry Level Price$69.00 per Month
- Simple, made possible
NCR Silver is a POS system that is hosted on the cloud and developed specifically for the Apple iPad. Created by the first Point of sale systems provider, NCR, the NCR Silver POS software leverages the simplicity and ease of use of the iPad, enabling users to run their POS-related functions including employee management, inventory management, scheduling, sales reporting and more from a convenient,... learn more about NCR SilverVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$79.00 per Month
- Point of Sale and Inventory Management for cafes, restaurants, and stores.
Poster POS is a cloud-based tablet point of sale software system that enables businesses, specifically cafes, restaurants, and shops to take orders, manage inventory levels, monitor stocks, and more. The system is easy to set up, with your whole POS software up and running in 15 minutes. ... learn more about Poster POSVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$24.00 per Month
- THE POS SYSTEM TO ACHIEVE YOUR NEXT BUSINESS GOAL.
Revel Systems is the POS software and platform built to help the business achieve its goals. Improving day-to-day operations and fueling merchant growth, Revel's streamlined ecosystem pairs an intuitive point of sale software with powerful management tools, integrating inventory management, employee management, sales reporting, and more into a single platform.... learn more about Revel System
- Cloud-based Restaurant Point of Sale Software System.
The most innovative point of sale software system on the market. A true cloud-based enterprise POS System, fully integrated with enterprise reporting, inventory, customer data, central kitchen, and more. For a complete restaurant POS system there is only one option that offers a true all-in-one solution, the Linga POS Software.... learn more about Linga POS
- Restaurant POS and management software that does it all.
Easier, smarter and built for restaurateurs Upserve’s restaurant management platform is your all-in-one solution to successfully run your restaurant. We provide payment processing, point of sale and valuable insights to boost margins while saving you time. Upserve's platform is easy to implement and use, reliable, and backed by a 24/7 U.S.-based support experts. ... learn more about Upserve
- Free Open Source Point of Sale Software.
Following on from my extensive work in supporting an open source pos software with a large number of additional features and fixes since 2012, there seemed to be a demand for a cheap kitchen screen option to work with the point of sale software. It was then, that I have decided to start developing additional applications as extensions to this application, or any other open source POS software that... learn more about Chromis POS
- Think Open source POS System, Think Floreant
Floreant is one of the first known enterprise-grade restaurant point of sale software systems released in the public domain. Florent POS software has stable growth in the last six years and according to Google statistics, it’s the most used restaurant POS software. Floreant has been shared in all download sites including CNET Download, ZDNet, and Sf.net. Only sf.net has more than 122,000 downloa... learn more about Floreant POS
- Commercial Grade Open Source Software
Day-In, Day-Out uniCenta POS software helps thousands of people all around the world save their business time and money. uniCenta is not the usual run-of-the-mill legacy Point Of Sale software developer. We are a small team dedicated to bringing you innovative Point Of Sale app. Our aim is to free you from legacy POS software thinking and help you and your business succeed.... learn more about uniCenta
- Free POS Software for Small Businesses
eHopper POS software is easy to use, cross-platform, and available on Android tablets, iPad, Windows PCs, and the Poynt terminal. eHopper is a free POS system for Windows PCs, Android and Poynt. eHopper point of sale software fits small businesses such as quick-service restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries, cafes, bars, liquor shops, food trucks and other retail business looking for a consolidated... learn more about eHopper
- Little more than an ordinary restaurant management system.
A restaurant management system helps a restaurant manage all the different types of orders, menus, shifts, tables, billings, payments and everything on all counts. Specially designed to serve and assist the F&B industry, restaurant management expedites every operation of the restaurant and thus making restaurant management cakewalk for a restaurateur.... learn more about eZee BurrPVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Restaurant POS tailor-made to expand your business
eZee Optimus - A fully Intuitive Cloud Restaurant POS System is suitable to work in restaurants, bars, night clubs, quick service restaurants, delivery and other operations. The simple approach, ease of use and rock-solid reliability makes eZee Optimus a great system for your POS needs. Whether your restaurant is a single store or a part of nation wide chain, eZee Optimus will simplify your restau... learn more about eZee OptimusVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Cloud-based Restaurant POS & Delivery Management System
Sapaad works great for small cafes to multi-chain restaurants. Sapaad does walk-in, dine-in, home delivery & online orders. Our affordable, pay-as-you-go pricing model fits every budget. Sapaad is a cloud-based Point-of-sale and delivery management system for restaurants. It allows owners to have greater control and visibility over all aspects of their business, like sales trends or staff perf... learn more about SapaadVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$53.99 per Month
- The Award-Winning POS System & Software
AccuPOS designs the most advanced POS system software, compatible with the widest range of hardware. Available on Windows and Android devices for more choices, more features, and better prices. ... learn more about AccuPOSVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialAvailableEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- The #1 customer-rated iPad EPOS system on the market
Nobly POS is the #1 customer-rated EPOS system for hospitality and top choice for renowned coffee shops, delis, restaurants and chains. Merchants use Nobly POS to manage inventory & staff, gather business insights with 30+ powerful reports, set up loyalty schemes, take credit card payments, integrate with accounting software and more. ... learn more about Nobly POS
- Cloud-Based Restaurant Management System
POSist is a SaaS based Restaurant management platform. It helps restaurant owners manage their single restaurants as well as chains. User friendly, no-training required user interface is a USP which saves high attrition restaurant industry from staff training time and cost incurred. ... learn more about POSist
- An efficient POS
Cozy POS is excellent POS software applicable for retail industry. Point of Sale Software is well designed to manage the business more efficiently. Some of the key modules in the Point of Sale Software are Billing, Table Ordering, Take Away, Delivery ordering, Delivery tracking, Customer management, taking & managing orders as per order types, flexible menu management, Multiple Menu, Customizable ... learn more about Cozy POS
- Change the way you run your Restaurant
Having a companion like POServe that takes care of your restaurant‘s day-to-day operations is a brilliant idea. A smart POS software makes a big difference in the way you manage your restaurant. It greatly improves your efficiency and savs significant amount of your time. ... learn more about POServe
- Restaurant POS Software that’s designed to help you thrive
Pure iPos is built on a powerful and affordable cloud-based platform. Restaurants, cafes, nightclubs, and enterprise franchises nationwide are switching to us because Pure iPos is simply a better way to do business. ... learn more about Pure iPosVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialAvailableEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Alpha POS Easy to use, Customizable, Reliable POS
A software designed to handle the various complexities that come with running a successful hospitality business. Whether you’re the owner of a small café or a national chain, you need effective solutions that will allow all the facets of your business restaurant to keep running smoothly. When you can offer every customer a flawless experience, your restaurants reputation will improve. Managin... learn more about Alpha POSVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$65 per Year
- POS Solution
POSitouch is the premier point of sale system for the hospitality industry. This scalable solution can be used as a reliable system for clients of various sizes, and has applications for table service, quick service, hotels, country clubs, delivery, stadiums and arenas, and more. The Windows-based, open architecture software is simple to maintain, expand, and use for daily operations. Designed by ... learn more about POSitouch
- POS Solution
Dinerware is a powerful, streamlined point of sale system that features a simple user interface to provide a simple, cost-efficient system that offers insightful management, reporting, and usability features to keep all operations of your establishment running smoothly. The robust reporting platform allows you to instantly review your restaurant’s data to make educated decisions to further the f... learn more about Dinerware
- Restaurant Online Ordering System
TastyIgniter is a free open source Restaurant Management, Reservation & Online Ordering Software for your business, you can install on your own server.... learn more about TastyIgniter
- Restaurant POS Software
SambaPOS is the ultimate restaurant POS software. Our advanced features provide you with the means to serve your valued customers in a practical, productive manner, all the while collecting data that can be used to make important business decisions.... learn more about SambaPOS
- Don’t let your current point of sale software limit your daily operations.
PAR is a leading global provider of software, systems, and service solutions to the restaurant and retail industries. Today, with 40 years of experience and point of sale systems in nearly 100,000 restaurants and more than 110 countries, PAR is redefining the point of sale through cloud software and bringing technological innovation to all corners of the enterprise. PAR’s Government Business is ... learn more about ParTech
- The restaurant iPad POS System
Lavu Inc. was formed around the idea of using technology to create products that improve the lives of small business owners. Our cloud-based iPad point of sale system offers all the functionality of a traditional system, with all the customizability and flexibility modern technology provides.The quality of your restaurant’s POS system can mean the difference between profit and loss. Having the r... learn more about LavuVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$69.00 per Month
- Learn if RPOWER is the best POS software for your restaurant.
POS Nation is a value-added reseller of turnkey point of sale solutions. We bundle hardware, software, and services to provide customized solutions to meet a range of business needs. We primarily serve independent retailers and restaurants in a variety of markets.We work directly with business owners & operators to develop a tailored solution designed to meet the customer's unique needs. Navigatin... learn more about POS NationVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$99.00 per Month
- A complete Restaurant POS System built on a complete Business Accounting System
From full-service restaurants to the corner coffee shop, and everything in between, we have the perfect restaurant point of sale system for your business. With included features like loyalty programs, gift card processing, inventory, time tracking and payroll, and a complete accounting system, we provide the most complete solution for the greatest value. This software is free with any of our Resta... learn more about BPAPOS
- Making Restaurants More Approachable|
Rezku POS saves you money and eliminates the typical headaches. Veteran restaurateur and Rezku CEO Paul Katsch gives the details.Rezku is the implementation of leading-edge research and development in restaurant management technology from Guest Innovations. Created by founder and veteran restaurateur Paul Katsch.We put the power of affordable, easy to use management systems in the hands of food an... learn more about Rezku
- FREE RESTAURANT POS SOFTWARE with integrated CREDIT CARD PROCESSING
Point of Success software has been chosen by thousands of restaurants for its combination of useful features and low price. Every restaurant needs the efficiency-enhancing, business-building and security features of a quality point of sale system, but many businesses haven’t reached the point where the expense can be justified.We created Point of Success Special Edition for independent restauran... learn more about Point Of Success
- POSsible POS core software is made for restaurants.
Headquartered in Stafford, Texas, POSsible POS is a provider of innovative technology to the hospitality and retail industries. We specialize in complete POS systems and POS software to meet the needs of almost any business environment, including restaurants, groceries, salons, convenience stores, and liquor stores, to name a few.We make it POSsible for you to perform tons of business-enhancing f... learn more about Possible POS
- Restaurant Pos Software
RESTAURANT MAID is a Restaurant Software, highly recommended for general type Restaurant and/or a Bar, Sandwich Shop, Pizzeria, Steak House, Café Shop, Deli, Buffet, Catering business, Doughnut or Pastry Shop, Hotel restaurant/kitchen and more.Our Restaurant Software, as a bonus (free of charge), integrates with Cayan, X-CHARGE and ChargeItPro – in order to meet all of your Point of Sale Credit... learn more about Alexandria POSVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$99.00 per Year
- Restaurant POS Software for Bars and Restaurants
Regardless of the size of the catering object, cafes, bars or clubs, they all have similar problems. One of them is the "Rush Hour", a period of the day when you have the greatest number of guests. Therefore, your POS software must be fast, reliable and simple for use.Restaurant point of sale software for bars and restaurants POS Sector give you a clear analysis of your restaurant operation and bu... learn more about POS SectorVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$39.00 per Month
- Diner, Delivery, and Takeout Restaurant Software
EzRestaurant is used to run a diner, delivery, and/or takeout type restaurants, it has features to quickly process orders, modify orders, settle orders, monitor order in the kitchen, and more. It has a modern user-interface, and comes fully loaded with features and reports.If you've looked at other restaurant programs, and you're not sure if those programs satisfy all of your requirements, we reco... learn more about Agnitech
- Best-in-class POS systems for restaurants and retail businesses
Harbortouch is a leading national supplier of point of sale (POS) systems, serving thousands of businesses across the nation. The company offers an unprecedented free point of sale program that supplies a full-featured POS system to restaurants and retail businesses with no up-front costs.Professional installation and onsite training are included with every order and award winning customer service... learn more about HarbortouchVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- An intuitive and Smart POS that increases sales and satisfies customers
BIM POS is a proven software provider for the hospitality and the foodservice industry. Whether you run a small restaurant or you run a larger fast food chain, BIM POS has a front office & back office solutions that are designed not only to adapt to your needs but to anticipate them.BIM POS is intuitive and easy to use. It is tailored to suit every business' needs. If you are a waiter, a superv... learn more about BIM POS
- Restaurant POS software to manage your business like a boss
Billing and Restaurant Point of Sale software to simplify operations and maximize profits.Be it a restaurant that needs table & kitchen management, or a food truck that needs quick billing, customize SlickPOS to how you run your food outlet.Get instant online orders relays in your restaurant POS software by integrating with Zomato, Swiggy, Uber Eats or Dunzo. Simplify operations and get consolidat... learn more about SlickPOS
- The tailor-made point of sale
Use your iPad to get paid and increase sales with our iZettle Pro app. It comes packed with advanced features that help you offer better service and make smarter decisions. Pair it with our card reader, and you’ve got a complete POS system – at a fraction of the cost.The iZettle Reader 2 integrates seamlessly with the iZettle Pro app. Accept chip and contactless payments from all major credit ... learn more about iZettleVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Control your F&B Business with the World’s best Android POS solution!
FoodZaps pioneered and developed "Do-It-Yourself" Android restaurant management and Mobile point of sale platform, allowing devices to stay connected even with an unstable internet connection. FoodZaps partners with Samsung Asia to develop wearable for the F&B industry.Award-winning FoodZaps, Singapore Information Technology Federation (SITF) awarded FoodZaps the prestigious GOLD Award for the ... learn more about FoodZaps
- simple ordering system for restaurants and bars
Waiterio is the fastest way to annotate restaurants' orders.Waiterio is a user-friendly app to make it easier for waitstaff to take orders. Within seconds a customer's order can be logged using the intuitive interface. The app is recommended for any server, of any restaurant or bar, who doesn't want to fumble around with pen and paper.Waiters can take orders on any device using the Waiterio app... learn more about Waiterio
- Do it yourself POS
Amigo Technologies (Amigo-Tech) is a technology company dedicated in providing IT solutions, equipments, and services for various industries with a special focus on the banking and financial service sector, public administrations and medium- small enterprises.AmigoPOS offers an inexpensive cloud-based gift and loyalty card service for sharing cards between stores.Customer orders placed at the web ... learn more about Amigo POS
- onePOS Point of Sale
onePOS LLC is a leading provider of restaurant hospitality software solutions for the full service, quick service, bar/night club, and resort market places. onePOS LLC develops easy to use, stable, and feature rich point-of-sale software solutions for the hospitality market using its brands onePOS, onePOS Mobile, and oneMetrix. The first installation with the onePOS product was in January, 2001 an... learn more about onePOS
- SoftTouch POS is a next-generation provider of point-of-sale technology
Our focus at SoftTouch, LLC is the development of a sophisticated yet user-friendly restaurant management system that helps businesses everywhere save time, increase efficiency, maximize profits, manage needs more effectively and get the most out of day-to-day operations, all while enhancing their customers' experience.With innovative point-of-sale solutions that range from SoftTouch POS™, cu... learn more about SoftTouch POS
- Introduction to Buyer’s Guide For Restaurant POS Software
- What Are Some Common Challenges In Restaurant Business?
- What Is Restaurant POS Software?
- Why Restaurant POS Software Is Essential For Restaurant Business?
- What Are the Benefits of Restaurant POS software?
- Time-Saving Feature of Restaurant POS Software
- What Are the Factors to Consider While Buying Restaurant POS Software?
- How Can Restaurant POS Software Integrated With CRM Help Boost Business?
- Latest Trends In Restaurant POS Software
- What Is the Average Cost of Restaurant POS Software?
- Why Refer to Goodfirms' List of Restaurant POS Software?
Introduction to Buyer’s Guide For Restaurant POS Software
Consumers certainly want to dine out in a restaurant that serves quality food and offers exceptional customer service. Happy customers visit again, and bring new customers to the restaurants. To attain this, restaurants have to continuously perform well in all the areas. They need to ensure that customers are served on time; at the same time, they need to see that there is no error in generating the bill. But, the fact is that most of the time, restaurant owners find themselves juggling between customer service and managing business processes. To gather efficiency, restaurant owners must have a centralized mechanism that allows them to efficiently handle their business processes and deliver a smooth customer experience. Restaurant POS software can be the right investment for the restaurant business owners.
This buyer guide on restaurant POS software is created for restaurant owners, managers, and professionals working in the restaurant industry to get a comprehensive view of the software. It discusses important topics of the software such as cost, benefits, latest trends, features, etc., which could assist them in making a decision on buying the best restaurant POS software.
What Are Some Common Challenges In Restaurant Business?
- Poor customer experience: Customer experience is at the center of a successful business, and restaurants, big or small, can define its rise and fall based on how efficient they are in delivering customer experience. There are few factors that can impact the customer experience such as booking reservations, taking orders, food delivery time, table service, fast billing process, food safety, cleanliness, etc. If restaurants are not efficient in these areas, then the business can turn into a nightmare.
- High operating costs: Managing a restaurant business is quite overwhelming. They have to maintain equipment, manage inventories, store food safely, pay utility bills and rentals, employee salaries, etc. Restaurant owners often struggle to estimate accurate business expenses and due to which they cannot make the profit as per their expectations.
- Unable to track performance: Another biggest issue for restaurant owners is to analyze their business performance. They check their profit and loss statements to see the business performance, but they are least concerned about tracking metrics like sales in a particular month, average waiting time for customers, or most popular dishes. These metrics can be very vital in optimizing the restaurant business.
- High error rates: Restaurant businesses generally have a busy environment, and manual errors are pretty evident at such places. Employees can commit mistakes such as ordering excess inventories, taking wrong orders, billing errors, etc. All these errors can impact business profit, and if it is not noticed by restaurant owners in time, it can result in the restaurant’s permanent closure.
What Is Restaurant POS Software?
A restaurant POS or a restaurant point of sale system is a set of tools that allows restaurant owners to manage orders, delivery, inventory, staff, payments, etc., efficiently right from a single dashboard. Besides keeping the record of all transactions and payments made by the customers, the modern restaurant POS system is versatile in its functions. It can be used for managing customer relationships, tracking employee’s hours, managing accounts, etc.
The restaurant POS software market has been segmented into terminal POS, tablet POS, online POS, mobile POS, self-service kiosk POS system, etc.
Why Restaurant POS Software Is Essential For Restaurant Business?
Restaurant culture has been part of human civilization for quite a long time. The business is focused on serving the best dining services to their customers, and in return, they are rewarded with huge profits. However, the restaurant business is pretty volatile, and staying consistent in the business demands a lot of things. It requires fast customer service, quality food, minimum operating costs, employee engagement, customer relationship, etc. Restaurant owners usually lack in one or other area to inscribe the perfect restaurant model. Fortunately, their concern of developing a competent restaurant business model is answered through robust restaurant POS software. As per one of the leading market surveys, the restaurant POS software market is estimated to reach $ 1620 million by 2024.
Top restaurant POS software provides a platform to unify all the business processes and set the stage for unlimited growth. The restaurant POS software has transformed the traditional cashier box into a full-fledged restaurant managing system. It facilitates various processes of the restaurant business, from tracking employee’s hours to accepting customer payments and managing accounts. Besides that, its ability to connect with diverse communication channels reduces a lot of marketing efforts. Instead of chasing down the customers, the customers find the restaurant and share their experience with others. It also provides flexibility to pay bills through payment apps and credit cards. Some restaurant POS software also has a pre-authorization system that stores and verifies the customer’s credit card details. It helps the restaurant to offer a discount to their loyal customers and even minimize payment fraud. There are also cloud-based restaurant POS software available in the market that turns out to be cost-effective and allow users to access from anywhere. Restaurant POS software is helpful in automating manual tasks and optimizing resource efficiency.
Restaurant POS software can help to regulate the restaurant operations in a more organized way, but to achieve this, users need to go through the benefits of restaurant POS software.
What Are the Benefits of Restaurant POS software?
- Track inventory: The restaurant business is one of those industries that deal with perishable goods, and tracking those goods is essential to control monetary loss. Top restaurant POS systems software comes with an inbuilt inventory tracking feature and helps users to gain complete control over the inventories.
- Employee management: Best restaurant POS software enables users to track employee work hours and manage their shifts. It can be quite productive when a restaurant operates in multiple locations and deals with numerous employees.
- Manage multiple outlets: Restaurants operating on multiple locations find it difficult to manage inventories, employees, documentation, etc. With the best restaurant POS software, it is easy to manage multiple outlets and track the performance of all outlets from a single place.
- Better customer relationship: Restaurant point of sale systems can help to deliver better customer service and strengthen the customer relationship.
- Saves time and cost: POS solutions for restaurants can calculate and process the bill automatically. It saves a lot of time and money invested after manual work. Besides that, it helps to bridge the communication gap between the chef and waiters taking orders.
- Enhance business performance: Restaurant point of sale systems provide in-depth information and reports about the business such as sales, labor costs, inventory, etc. It allows them to see the areas that require improvement and alter their strategy accordingly.
Time-Saving Feature of Restaurant POS Software
- Customer loyalty system
- Employee management
- Credit card processing
- Inventory tracking
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Online ordering and delivery
- Analytics & reporting
- Menu management
- Employee management
- Floor plan management
- Table reservation
- Third-party tool integration
What Are the Factors to Consider While Buying Restaurant POS Software?
- Split billing: Top restaurant POS systems software provide smart split billing. It offers various options to split the bill, such as the split in equal parts, split using selected items, and split by the seat. It can make it easier for customers to divide the bill, especially when dining in groups. It is recommended that users choose the restaurant point of sale systems that offer split billing.
- Accept all payments: Restaurant service is critical for enhancing customer experience, and multiple payment options certainly help to boost customer experience and sales.
- Third-party tool integration: Restaurant POS systems can collect vital information about the customer’s orders, payments, taxable amounts, etc. This information can be used to improve customer relationships, filing taxes, marketing, etc. Therefore it is essential that POS solutions for restaurants integrate with third-party tools such as CRM, marketing, accounting, etc., and utilize this information to boost restaurant business.
- Customer support and training: Customer support is an essential aspect of top restaurant POS systems software. Restaurant owners sometimes need to customize the software according to their business needs, and customer support could be quite helpful in that respect. Users should also verify whether the software vendor offers free training for the software.
- Customization: Customized POS always helps, especially if it operates on multiple locations. Top restaurant POS software allows users to design features that could enhance the restaurant performance across all locations.
- Reports and analytics: Restaurant POS system collects all kinds of information such as total sales, frequent customers, inventory ordered, etc. When presented in graphics, the restaurant owners can derive important metrics on business performance and take business decisions based on this.
- User-friendly interface: A user-friendly interface can decide the flow of a restaurant business. If a restaurant POS system has a complicated user-friendly interface, then the user can make mistakes in taking orders or processing customer payments.
- Security: Restaurant POS software holds sensitive information about customers, and hackers can misuse this data if they get access to this system. It is recommended that users choose the best restaurant POS software that has high-security standards.
- Pricing: The restaurant POS software market is massive, and users can find a lot of variation in pricing. It is recommended that users should analyze the features and offering that the software vendor claims and see whether it adds value to the business. They must verify whether the package includes software plus hardware or just software alone. They should also check whether there is any hidden fee for training the staff or software installation. Choosing the right POS software that matches your budget is critical and demands a lot of research. The alternate and easy way to find the right POS software is to visit the review and rating platform.
How Can Restaurant POS Software Integrated With CRM Help Boost Business?
Most businesses make efforts to deliver a unique customer experience to attract customers, and restaurant owners are the front-runners in this area. In fact, customer service determines the success and failure of the restaurant business.
Restaurant POS software integrated with CRM software can help business owners to track important information about the customers. It can act as a lead generation system for restaurant owners by analyzing customer preferences, identifying sales opportunities, tapping customer interaction, etc. The top restaurant POS software helps to overcome some of the core challenges of the marketing and sales department. With all their details in a single system, it is easy to reach prospective customers and send offers around their interests. It is easy to share offers and even track their response rate. The best restaurant POS software can assist users in finding their most loyal customers and design marketing campaigns according to their preferences. It helps businesses to save costs on traditional marketing campaigns that are usually not target-oriented. Through CRM solutions, the users can even know whether their campaign is successful or not. CRM solutions work beyond managing customers’ profiles and help various departments to collaborate effectively. Various departments can access customer information and update them directly from the dashboard. Modern CRM software are laced with AI technology and chatbots that help users to deliver better customer service and answer their queries.
Inbuilt CRM in restaurant POS software can increase the scope of business growth by managing and targeting customers from one place. However, restaurant owners should also tap on the latest trends for restaurant POS software to meet customer expectations.
Latest Trends In Restaurant POS Software
- Self-service kiosk, tableside ordering, and mobile ordering: Restaurants are transforming their food ordering systems and exploring innovative ways such as self-service kiosks, tablets, and mobile apps. It helps them to reduce order time and allow customers to order food at their comfort. Customers don’t have to order in a rush and can go through the menu with ease. POS software integrated with self-service kiosks and mobile applications can make more sales with minimum customer interaction.
- Robots, drones, and self-driving cars: Automation is becoming a norm in every industry and restaurants are taking this technology to a new level by introducing robots on their premises. From serving customers to full-time chefs, the robots can help to automate manual work in many ways. With just a few clicks, customers can order their meals and enable faster checkouts. Customers who prefer dining at their place can see delivery drones and self-driving cars helping them out. One of the leading fast-food chains has already tested the self-driving car for food delivery, but drones that deliver more food parcels in lesser time have also fetched the attention of many. These technologies are extremely promising, and their integration with the POS system would be pretty interesting to witness.
- Voice assistants: Voice assistant technology is rapidly becoming mainstream technology. Most electronic gadgets today support voice assistants, and in a customer-centric business such as the restaurant industry, it is pretty beneficial. Restaurant POS software with voice assistants can help users in many ways, such as ordering food, generating bills, fetching customer details, etc.
- Cloud-based POS software: Cloud-based POS software helps users to reduce the overhead of installing and maintaining the software on-premise. The ability to access cloud-based POS software from anywhere facilitates users to derive information in a fraction of seconds. It makes data management easy for restaurants operating in multiple locations.
- Integrated customer loyalty program: The loyalty program is a win-win for both restaurant owners and customers. Restaurant POS software integrated with a customer loyalty program can add a lot of value to enhance the customer experience.
- QR code scanning and ordering system: QR codes are the latest trends in the restaurant POS; they are used for checking the menu, placing orders, and processing payments. The kitchen staff can view food ordered through QR code on their display system, and they can start preparing dishes as soon as the order pops up on the screen. It reduces the serving time and increases staff productivity. As everything is integrated, the staff can also keep track of the inventory in real-time.
What Is the Average Cost of Restaurant POS Software?
The average cost of restaurant POS software could be $11/month to $150/month or more. Users can have a range of options for restaurant POS and based on their requirements; they can choose the best restaurant POS software. The price of the restaurant POS software can vary based on features, software deployment, and support for hardware (kiosk, handheld POS system, kitchen ticket printers, etc.). There is also free restaurant POS software available, and users with limited use can opt for it.
- Best restaurant POS software for startups and small-scale business: Generally, startups and small-scale restaurant owners have to manage a single terminal. They can manage it easily with low-range restaurant POS software. Petpooja at a price of $11/month is the best restaurant POS software for small restaurant businesses. The software supports all essential features such as inventory management, billing, reporting, multiple users and terminals, etc. Poster POS at $29/month is another restaurant POS system for small-scale restaurant owners. The software's key attraction is the kitchen kit that replaces ticket printers. The software offers a free trial and can be easily scaled up. There are few more restaurant POS software solutions that enable users to leverage software features at low cost, including Alexandria POS, SlickPOS, Fodzaps, etc.
- Best restaurant POS software for mid-size and large enterprises: Mid-size and large restaurants have to deal with more customers and require POS software that handles the busiest environments. Lavu at $69/month is the best restaurant POS software for mid-size and large enterprises. The software supports exclusive services to lift customer experiences, such as tableside ordering and online delivery. Sapaad at a price of $58.99/ month is also a good alternative to Lavu. The software allows users to select the add-ons as required. It offers a free trial. Other restaurant POS software that falls in the same slot includes Lightspeed POS, Easy InnKeeping, H&L POS, etc. There are also high-end restaurant POS systems that cover everything from software to hardware. Selbysoft, at a price of $150/month, is a premium range restaurant POS system. Selby has a full line of software and hardware to streamline restaurant operations.
- Free and open source restaurant POS software: Free and open source restaurant POS software gives users the freedom to code software and enhance the software features without incurring any development costs. This aspect of free and open source restaurant POS software makes the software an ideal choice for startups and small business owners.
Why Refer to Goodfirms' List of Restaurant POS Software?
GoodFirms is a top-class review and rating platform for IT solutions. It has been listing software solutions for various organizations and helps them to fetch the best product. It follows a strict review and rating system so that users can filter quality software solutions and accelerate business operations. GoodFirms visitors can compare various software products based on pricing, features, and services.
A lot of things have changed in the restaurant industry in the last one-decade- digitization, mobile payment, 3rd party online order, review and rating system, etc. It has definitely impacted the perspective of restaurant owners on carrying out business operations and the way they serve their customers. At the front end, they need to enhance the level of customer service, then at the back end, they need to be efficient in handling accounting, time-clock, customer relationships, and other important components. It can be quite difficult for business owners to manage all these areas without top restaurant POS software. A restaurant POS system provides a centralized mechanism to address all the core issues of the restaurant industry and helps them to conduct their business in a more organized manner. It aligns all the processes related to business and finds balance for the profitable restaurant business. If you are running a restaurant business then, you should consider investing in restaurant POS software. Do check the list of the best restaurant POS software prepared exclusively by the GoodFirms’ expert team.