We are a mobile and web development company with 13 years of experience and over 120 finished projects. We turn your amazing ideas into incredible apps!
At Railwaymen, our well-blended software development team creates mobile and web applications. The company started to exist in 2009 and was founded by three friends who share a passion for Ruby on Rails technology. Since that day, our company has grown continuously.
We successfully develop mobile & web apps based on Ruby on Rails, Android, and iOS. We're hiring over 50 talented people: Front-end, Back-end and Mobile Developers, UX/UI Designers, Project Managers, Quality Assurances, Marketers. That's why we can develop our projects constantly.
We specialize in web and mobile (iOS & Android) custom software solutions for small businesses and enterprises. When it comes to industries, our areas of expertise are construction (ProEst, ProTenders), food tech (Shawarmer, POSbistro), fintech (CostTracker), healthcare (My Sober Roommate), education (appleseeds) and real estate (HomeAhead). With more than 10 years of experience, WE KNOW, how to turn your amazing idea into an incredible app. Check our portfolio & testimonials!
- Software Development
- Mobile App Development
- Web Designing (UI/UX)
- App Designing (UI/UX)
- Medium Business($10M - $1B)
- Large Business(> $1B)
- Small Business(< $10M)
- Food & Beverages
- Financial & Payments
- Healthcare & Medical
- Real Estate
Very happy to work with them..
Will continue to work with them for years! Great team...!!!
What’s special about us, is that we do everything in-house - we can develop your app from A to Z, starting on the idea only and ending with fully functional software within just a few months. Our most important value is quality - having mostly Senior Developers on board, you can be sure that if you choose us - your app idea will land in very experienced hands!
The idea behind the company name is pretty unusual - disclaimer: we have nothing in common with trains or tracks ;) As our core programming language is Ruby on Rails, we called ourselves Railwaymen - as people, who are real experts, when it comes to that Ruby framework. Back then, it wasn’t such a popular technology language so we decided that this will be our path to distinguish ourselves among other software houses.
The only occasions when we cooperate with external providers is when the project requires very specialistic knowledge. For example: from the fields like blockchain or AI. We know that someone who is 100 % focused on one topic will find the best possible solution, so we are open to those kinds of cooperation. But it’s more like consulting, than third-party outsourcing - we never do that.
At Railwaymen, during the recruitment process, we precisely check candidates' skills. I take an active part in recruitment interviews. We build the right teams around projects. Each developed app has at least one Senior Developer in the team. It gives me confidence that the software will be produced in line with the budget and timeline.
For the last 2 years, we pay strong attention to content marketing by sharing our knowledge and experience through articles regularly published on our company blog. Right now, we have over 50 talented people on board. Many of them willingly write texts so that you can find topics written by Developers, Projects and Business Managers, QA Specialists, Designers on our blog. It allows us to build an image of an expert in the industry efficiently. We also constantly explore new technologies (for example last year, we investigated React Native and Vue.js more) and share our knowledge within company structures, and on our YouTube channel.
Another factor is the experience - we have people on board, who are working on our clients' projects non-stop for over 10 years, constantly developing and supporting them. Most of our projects are long-term partnerships, where we constantly adapt to the clients' business needs. So if you need a reliable partner, who will guide you through the whole process and stays with you to collect the results - we are the one.
- Construction - we’ve already built two, highly successful construction industry applications. The first one, ProEst is a cloud-based construction estimation software, that we have built from scratch and developed for over 5 years already. Last year, they landed a spot among INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in the USA! Another worth mentioning app from this industry is ProTenders - a tendering construction platform, for the GCC region. They raised $6.3 million in funding and are constantly developing in Dubai, with Damac supporting their actions. So when it comes to proofs, that our software works - we have them, plain and square.
- Foodtech - we built two successful restaurant management systems, one for the client from Saudi Arabia (Shawarmer) and one SaaS available, and widely used in Poland (POSbistro). POSbistro is the product that we’ve built from scratch and successfully develop and sell among restaurant owners. Both of these apps are used for thousands of people monthly, and significantly help to raise food businesses' revenue.
- Social - when the pandemic starts, we’ve launched an exceptional social networking platform called Frindow. The app aims to alleviate loneliness and isolation by encouraging new friendships based on common interests and circumstances. The goal is all about getting you connected and engaged with new people in the same situation as you. The app owner Marcus has been invited to give an interview for BBC and the product overall is gettig very positive feedback from the market. We’ve also built MySoberRoomate, which aims to connect people who are looking for sober people to live with, and soon - our new dating mobile app is gonna be released, so stay tuned!
- Marketing Automation - we believe that technology is indispensable now if you want to reach out to your business marketing goals. The market of specific tools that aim to make marketers' lives easier is booming. In our portfolio, we have apps like Launchmatic, which helps with automated screenshots generating, and James Marketing Amplifier - created to support the marketing efforts of one of the biggest US companies from the law industry.
- Fintech - we built CostTracker, TripleTiedOut, and another web application, which is waiting for its release. So we know the fintech industry pretty well, and can be your trusted partner in this area.
- Education - unfortunately, I can’t share the names of the app that we’ve built in this industry due to NDAs but we’ve successfully developed 3 of them already. One online education platform for the GCC region, and one training platform for a very big Telecomm from Germany.
As I mentioned above, free Design Thinking Workshops generate quite nice interest, and potential customers are excited to participate in them. We also offer a more extended service called Discovery Phase. In short, it's written documentation, a complete guide about the application. It includes the scope of the project, features, technologies, competitors, target audience definition, user personas, monetization strategy, pricing, timeline, and more. Everything you need to know about your projects. More and more people are asking about this service.
How do we do that? First of all, we listen to our clients carefully. Product owners know their vision best. Secondly, we respect their money. We recommend building MVP at first, instead of the whole app. Thanks to that, the budget is not wasted on not-necessary features. So we implement modules that are needed, test the users' reaction and develop software in the right direction.
- Jira - it is our choice for an agile project management tool. It combines task tracking and Quality Assurance tools. Using Jira enables us to work smoothly despite any time differences between us and the client.
- Xray - it is a complete Test Management tool for Jira, supporting the entire testing life cycle: test planning, test design, test execution, and test reporting. This helps to improve the quality of our systems through effective and efficient testing.
- Slack - for day-to-day communication between the development team and client/customer. Built-in integrations (eg. with Jira or Google Docs) allow us to easily focus on what's important.
Each project gets a dedicated Project Manager who is the main point of contact for our clients. So if you have any questions at all - feel free to approach your PM without hesitations! On special occasions, we also allow our clients to contact our developers directly, if the person is technical enough, to explain the issue to a programmer.
In case of building an application from scratch - we can make an MVP for you starting from 20$k in total if you don’t have anything but the app idea. Of course, the prize can change up to or down, depending on what functionalities or integrations you want or you, for example, have your wireframes already done.