The Best 3 Free and Open Source Face Detection Software Solutions
This article will reveal the most critical aspects of the best face detection software systems and their importance in various industries. This article aims to help you understand how useful free and open source face detection tools are in today’s competitive market environment.
Let us compare their features and other aspects in brief to know more about them.
Best Free and Open Source Face Recognition Software Comparison Chart
Let’s have a look at them in detail.
OpenBR is a free face detection software that supports the development of open algorithms and reproducible evaluations. The stable version 1.1.0 of the software was released on September 29, 2019. It operates on Windows, Linux, OS X, and Raspbian based operating systems. The project is licensed as per Apache 2.0.
- OpenBR exposes a C++ API that can be embedded into one’s own applications.
- It is a complete NIST compliant software that evaluates facial recognition, detection, and land-marking.
- It implements the 4SF2 algorithm to perform face recognition.
- The software algorithms also work for age estimation and gender estimation.
As one of the leading facial recognition programs – OpenFaceTracker detects one or several faces on a video or a picture and identifies them through a database. It is an open source face detection tool that comes with an lGPLv3 license and stable version 3.0. The invention of the software is inspired by the American TV show ‘Person of Interest.’
- Can fetch and process real-time images followed by identification, stock, and available print data.
- It requires Open-API for deployment and can operate on a Windows-based system.
- The software needs OpenCV3.2 and QT4 to be installed on your computer before installing OpenFaceTracker software.
- OpenFaceTracker software is developed as a modular library. Hence, it can either enable or disable some part of the software.
3. Open EBTS
Open Biometrics Initiative is an open-source software from ImageWare systems. It is a face detection software for PC that works on 32 and 64-bit Windows and Linux, and now, its beta version is also available. It is written in C++, C, and Java and holds Apache License V2.0.
- The initial version of the software was released in April 2010.
- It is an open specification system that is used by government agencies for the management of biometric data.
- The software includes two open-source APIs: OpenEBTS API and OpenM1 API.
- The downloadable source code for the software is managed as per OBI.
If you are already using one of the software solutions listed above, you can freely share your reviews here.
It has been ten fruitful years since the very first face detection software for PC was invented that can detect and recognize human faces. Now, a market full of face detection software solutions and programs are available for individual and business uses all over the world.