5 Essential Online Reputation Management Research Insights for Businesses
The research team of GoodFirms has published a detailed analysis of the next survey in the research series on online reputation management strategy for businesses. The detailed ORM research on the information obtained through this survey interprets the benefits, techniques, and challenges faced during the ups and downs of reputation management. It also specifies some important directions on handling negative reviews, as receiving them at some or other point is inevitable.
OVERVIEW OF THE SURVEY
- 92.6% of the online brand reputation companies and experts expressed their strong consent on maintaining a positive reputation being highly important for businesses.
- The most important benefits as per the survey came out to be Consumer Trust scoring 44.4% of the votes, Lead Conversion with 29.6% and Competitive Advantage from 18.5% of the survey takers.
- Thought Leading Content with 51.9% was undoubtedly the first choice of the ORM experts regarding the best strategy to build a positive reputation. Then came Handling Negative Reviews and Responding to All Comments as the runner-ups with 42.1% and 40.7% of preference received. Also, Responding Quickly to Crisis that could not be ignored by 39.9% of the participants panned out to be among the important strategies.
- The topmost challenge for businesses in building a positive reputation was stated to Encourage Customers to Write Reviews by 85.2% of the expert crowd.
- The incoming of negative reviews for any brand is inevitable. The most important thing to remember is never to lash out on your customers or clients for giving negative feedback. There is always a reason behind that negation, may it be bad product/service or bad customer support. But what is important is to let the customer know that it was unintentional and a solution will be provided to them as soon as possible.
You have to be able to segregate the genuine reviews from the online bullies or competitors trying to draw the consumers’ attention towards the negative aspects of your business. The digital platforms are public which empowers the bullies to ramble. In such cases, your response will motivate them to ramble more and more.
It is imperative to be watchful and thoroughly consider whether to react to an antagonistic commentator. If you react and admit that there is an issue on your end, there is a high possibility that your business image gets adapted to the norm of providing bad service/products. Hence, pick your words very thoughtfully.
On the contrary, ensure that you respond nothing when there are NAMES mentioned of your competitors. When there is detailed comparison mentioned or even a comparison of experiences stated, DO NOT RESPOND. A single word addressing the competitors’ services or products concerning yours holds the destructive potential to draw in negative publicity. The unplanned or spontaneous stunts like these on public platforms can devastate your company’s future vision.
From the abstract mentioned above of the detailed ORM research by GoodFirms, it is natural to understand the significance of establishing and maintaining a positive online reputation. Now, all you need is a strong association with reputation management companies or experts, to shield your brand from unwanted attention.
So, help yourself with a verified list of the best branding agencies with rich experience of reputation management for versatile businesses at GoodFirms, and choose the one that fits you best.