Do you remember the times when wearables were just considered as a fancy bling thing in the market? Many investors were not ready to invest in this technology as they couldn’t expect this would help in accelerating the profits. Times have flown by! Now, the scenario is different! The development of wearable technology is mainstream now, and businesses are investing heavily in this. With the emerging interest of people in wearables, one cannot ignore the trend.
Why Are Wearables Getting So Much Hype?
Are you wondering why wearables are hyped in the market? Check out some of the benefits of using technology.
- Portability: Wearables allow you to get instant access to information from anywhere, thus making them a convenient option.
- Hands-free Experience: The best part of using wearables is - it allows you to receive calls, read messages, and surf online with minimum touch. Now, no need to check your phone again and again.
- Personalization: You also get an option to enjoy a customized personal experience. This enhances user experience!
- Efficiency: Yes, it’s a fact that wearables increase efficiency. Apps like - Health care allow you to keep a check on your health. You can be updated with your fitness and health without even stepping out of your house.
- Accuracy: Wearables allow you to get accurate information. Keeping up with your health and other important information helps you get accurate information without looking at your phones.
According to a recent study, it has been expected that the number of wearables apps market is expected to grow by 1.1 billion by 2022. That’s a significant figure to consider!
Before we move further, let’s have a look at some of the popular apps that rule the wearable market.
Examples of Popular Wearable Apps
No more struggling hard to find the perfect car parking spot, ParKing app is here! One of the most popular examples of a wearable app allows you to search for the parking location and also take the hassle to remember the spot. All you need to do is log the car with this, and you are done!
- Defined parking spots
- Instant parking detection
- Automatically determine parking location - when and where you parked the car.
- The user gets access to the parking history.
- Multiple navigations
It’s one of the leading health apps on both Android and iOS platforms for sound sleep and meditation. The Calm app contains various meditation lessons that help you keep up with your routine and stay fit.
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Allow you to enjoy a sound sleep
- Comes with relaxing music gallery and integrated sleep stories
- Eliminates distraction
- Allow you to track your daily progress
This is another hit on the list of wearable apps! If you are looking for an app that gives accurate weather forecasts, then Accuweather is worth considering. This app gives you on-demand weather updates instantly.
- Provides precise temperature details.
- Gives you a real feel of the weather, so you know how it feels.
- Minimalistic display which goes well with the screen
- Warnings of severe weather conditions
- Live weather updates
One of the most trending note-taking apps, Google Keep, also makes up to this list. Not just that it also helps you access notes from other devices. A quick and easy way to keep up with the information.
- Allow you to access create, access, and read notes from anywhere
- Option to add drawings and photos
- Search options for notes with labels
- An exciting feature of colored notes
- Dictation feature to transcribe your thoughts
A phenomenal transport app that allows you to find any location and get the best route to reach the location. Not just that, the Citymapper app also allows you to share the location with your friends and family.
- Offers information about the timings for public transit options
- Check the nearby departure in real-time
- Helps in creating routes for mixed transportation
- Step-by-step direction to the route
Enjoying music on the go is we all love, don’t we? The Spotify app allows you to enjoy hands-free music experience. Now, you control your song activities from your wrist. How cool is that!
- Allow you to enjoy music, videos, and podcasts.
- Comes with shuffle option
- Allow you to create your playlist.
- Let’s you share the music
These are just to name a few; there are many other wearable apps like - Seven-minute workout (Health App), Bring (shopping and recipes list), Duolingo (language learning app), and more.
There is a lot more cooking in the wearable technology world, so it is essential to keep up with the latest trends. Excited to know what all these trends are? Let’s have a look at the wearable trends that will rule the market.
The increasing demand for medical wearables is urging businesses to invest in this field. The ease of tracking health has simplified the life of not only the users but also the physicians. Investing in the right healthcare IoT can help you develop an app that facilitates more users. (better not to miss on this one)!!
Hitting the market right by the storm, smartwatches are a way to go. Smartwatches help you keep track of time and other relevant information where you don’t have to check your phone again and again. You can simply enjoy the information on the go. It definitely should not be a missed trend!
The latest one in the list of wearable technology is the smart ring. It’s an ideal solution for businesses to keep track of the notification without much distraction. You can stay updated with your health and biometric data, which usually seems challenging to track. The best part is even if you misplace the ring, you can easily track the ring using the GPS. Sounds great, isn’t it?
By staying updated with the latest trends, you are sure to hit the road of business success. Yes, there are many to keep an eye on, but you know how crucial it is to stay updated. As they say, little knowledge is dangerous. So, before investing in the technology, make sure you are thorough with trends.
Wearable technology is one of the most sought-after and powerful technologies that work wonders! If you want to up your business game, you can consult an apt mobile app developer that would guide you through the dynamics!