Best Course Authoring Software
Do you need to deliver an essential update within the organization and looking for a course authoring tool for preparing engaging content? GoodFirms is dedicated to assisting businesses like yours to find the right software products. Here, GoodFirms has curated a list of the best eLearning authoring tool based on thorough market research. You can compare popular and core features and choose an eLearning course solution based upon your business size. Navigate through this list of the best course authoring software to find the right fit for you to speed up the eLearning development process within your organization.
List of eLearning Authoring Software | Best Course Authoring Tool (47 Software)Filter
- Powerful & Easy eLearning Tool
iSpring Suite is a fast and user-friendly eLearning toolkit that builds into your PowerPoint. Users can easily create quality courses, video lectures, simulations, and a wide range of assessments, interactions, and e-books with page flipping effects that work on any device. The content created with iSpring Suite works well in the great majority of Learning Management Systems, since iSpring Suit... learn more about iSpring Suite"Best eLearning Software on the Market"Ontario Virtual SchoolVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$770 per Year
- Get the world's best e-learning apps
Articulate 360 is a subscription that has everything course creators need for e-learning development.Articulate users can also find inspiration, guidance, product support, and best practices in the Articulate community: E-Learning Heroes. It’s the #1 community for course creators with over 770,000 members worldwide, and it’s completely free to join. ... learn more about Articulate 360Visit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$1299 per Year
- Create and sell beautiful online courses
Teachable is a powerful, easy-to-use online course creation platform. Since our founding, we’ve been on a mission to make education accessible, engaging, and profitable. Today, over 7,500 creators (and counting) are building courses powered by Teachable. ... learn more about teachableVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$39.00 per Month
- Deliver inspiring learning experiences on any scale
Open edX is the open source platform that powers edX.org. Through our commitment to the open source vision, Open edX code is freely available to the community. Institutions and companies can host their own instances of Open edX and offer their own classes. Educators can extend the platform to build learning tools that precisely meet their needs. ... learn more about Open edX
- The Most Trusted WordPress LMS
LearnDash is the premier WordPress LMS designed to bring learning management and elearning delivery to the WordPress open-source platform.The #1 choice of Fortune 500 companies, major universities, training organizations, and entrepreneurs worldwide for creating (and selling) their online courses. ... learn more about LearnDashVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$329.00 per Year
- We Transform Learning into Business Growth
Schoox is a complete, intelligent, innovative Talent Development Platform and it goes far beyond simply managing your learning process. It helps employees learn, develop their skills and drive company's business growth. That said, Schoox covers the entire range of activities that help companies - from small to enterprise - change their perception about learning and talent management from a traditi... learn more about SchooxVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$5.00 per Month
- Do More with an All-In-One Authoring Tools for eLearning
For more than a decade dominKnow has been creating eLearning authoring tools and software for large teams. dominKnow is a web-based, collaborative authoring and content management solution designed for creating, managing, and delivering high-impact, multi-device learning.With dominKnow, teams can easily collaborate in real-time, share and re-use content across projects, and engage subject matter e... learn more about dominKnowVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$997.00 per Year
- Unlock and share your company’s knowledge
Easygenerator has been providing cloud-based e-learning software since 2013. Employees are enabled to quickly create engaging content, instead of relying on traditional course development processes. The Rotterdam-based company has more than 50,000 users in over 120 countries.Enterprise clients include T-Mobile, Unilever, New Relic and Drake University.... learn more about Easygenerator
- All-in-One Screen Recorder, Video Editor & eLearning Authoring Software
ActivePresenter includes all the tools needed to record screen, annotate, edit screencast videos and create interactive eLearning contents in HTML5.Capture screen when mouse clicked or key pressed. Each action is captured as a slide which explains in detail what the viewer should follow to master the lesson. ... learn more about ActivePresenter
- The Award-Winning Provider of Authoring, VR Authoring, & eLearning Software Solutions
Lectora’s popular Getting Started templates, including new ones from Fastercourse are the ultimate shortcut for authoring. Each template includes built-in navigation, interactive samples, page layouts, and instructions for use. Plus, these built-in templates offer different learning styles and course types such as basic linear, non-linear, microlearning, scenario-based, adaptive, time of need/ju... learn more about Lectora Online
- See your people at their best
CypherWorx offers an award-winning, cloud-based LMS designed to simplify the training and certification process. Our LMS, CollaborNation, is home to an extensive course catalog, robust tracking tools, and custom integration options. With our SCORM/AICC-compliant site, courses are easily assigned, available 24/7, and offer certificates upon completion. ... learn more about CypherWorx
- Your cloud-based authoring tool
IsEazy is a cloud authoring tool designed to create e-learning content in a simple and agile way.IsEazy is a SaaS designed tool therefore any professional profile, without the need for technical knowledge, can create e-learning courses fully responsive and compatible with any device, in a very simple and intuitive way. ... learn more about isEazy
- Our user-friendly Authoring Tool makes creating unique course content simple.
WorkWize Author removes the inevitable compromises made when buying off-the-shelf eLearning solutions. Courses can exactly reflect your business methods, policies and procedures, offering employees a completely relevant learning experience. Interactive learning content can be produced at a fraction of the cost usually associated with bespoke eLearning development. ... learn more about WorkWize
- Easily Build Your eLearning Courses
Whether you’re a global Blue Chip, or a startup, we scale our solution to meet your training needs. Since 1996, we’ve been guiding clients through all stages of planning, set-up, development and implementation – transforming their eLearning capabilities. ... learn more about SHIFT
- Create Professional looking interactive eLearning courses.
e-Learning & m-Learning Authoring is now as easy as creating a PowerPoint presentation. With a single click, you can publish your eLearning content in PowerPoint to multiple formats, including Flash, HTML5 and other mobile devices. Publish the same course from Zenler Studiol to HTML5, Flash and Other Mobile devices. ... learn more about Zenler Studio
- Compose responsive learning experiences
Composica is more than an authoring tool.It’s a collaborative, responsive authoring platform.Authoring freedom is our number one goal. Forget about limited, form-based authoring tools or bulky, rigid course templates, players, and wrappers.Composica puts you in full control of your course’s design and behavior. Any object can be styled, modified, and positioned to your heart’s content. ... learn more about ComposicaVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$129.00 per Month
- Introducing SoftChalk Cloud… Content Creation Software
SoftChalk content authoring and hosting solutions are critical to the success of e-learning initiatives, providing educators an easy, fast, affordable way to create, organize and share rich, interactive content that engages students in the learning process and inspires learning. Lesson content is web-based and can be delivered in a learning management system, content management system, on a web-se... learn more about SoftChalk
- Transform the learning experience with CourseArc
CourseArc™ is a cloud-based tool for creating high-quality digital content. CourseArc™ reduces the time and effort required to bring a course to production.CourseArc is a digital content creation tool that enables easy creation of engaging, interactive, accessible and affordable online courses. ... learn more about CourseArc
- Elearning automation tool for producing online courses fast
Wizcabin provides automated eLearning tools that help you create and launch eLearning in half the time at one third cost.With Wizcabin, you don't need any design or development skills to author beautiful device friendly interactive eLearning. Just convert your training documents into a storyboard and upload it to Wizcabin, and you are done! ... learn more about Wizcabin
- E.Learning has never been easier!
Avina Authoring Tools is a professional online lecture software, fully integrated with tools to support the production of international E.Learning training content from simple to complex. Avina Authoring Tools with well-organized and smart features, suitable for beginners or advanced technology experts. ... learn more about Avina AT
- You are an HR Manager, a trainer, a teacher, a tutor or a Subject Matter Expert
EasyProf ® is an authoring tool that allows you create powerful interactive multimedia courses in a simple and intuitive way. Itanova (Innovative Training Academy SAS), owner of EasyProf ®, is a software company specialized in the development and implementation of global multimedia solutions for corporate knowledge management. Itanova’s focus area is both in the enterprises and educational fie... learn more about EasyProf
- Create Amazing Mobile eLearning Courses with eLAT
eLAT is an amazing eLearning authoring tool that helps create amazing eLearning experience. From desktop to tablets and mobiles, eLAT eLearning software works on all kinds of devices and platforms.eLAT is an amazing eLearning authoring tool that helps you create amazing eLearning experience online. ... learn more about eLATVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$24.99 per Month
- eLearning Solutions for Schools, Teachers and Students
Transformica is a comprehensive eLearning platform giving teachers the power to create interactive eLearning courses & assessments, and track student progress in real-time. Teachers and students can also buy ready-made eLearning packages that are closely aligned to the curriculum across a wide range of subjects. ... learn more about Transformica
- Nimble is no ordinary elearning website
Nimble is an approachable elearning system that makes it super easy for customers to build courses and release them to their teams. Many of our customers share the same challenges; they see the value that elearning can add to their L&D programme, but are constrained by their budget, time (or lack of it) and experience. ... learn more about Nimble ElearningVisit websiteFree Trial7 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Create branded learning experiences for Consumer Education
BrandLX removed the technical barriers from launching and continuously refining our online Superfeet Certificated Retailer Program.BrandLX is a mobile learning + rewards platform for brands & businesses of all sizes.We know how people learn and have created out-of-the box learning behavior models that allow you to create an experience that turns learning into loyalty, and beyond. ... learn more about BrandLXVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$1500 per One-time
- Looking for help navigating the vast world of e-Learning?
CourseAvenue will help you blaze the trail to quickly turn information into education that is accessible to everyone.Cloud-based software for collaborative development of accessible eLearning.Simple yet powerful hosted learning management system for delivering and tracking eLearning. ... learn more about CourseAvenue
- Rapid e-Learning development
CourseLab is a powerful, yet easy-to-use, e-Learning authoring tool that offers a programming-free WYSIWYG environment for creating high-quality interactive e-Learning content that can be published on the Internet, Learning Management Systems (LMS), CD-ROMs and other devices.CourseLab is available as a commercial product (version 2.7) and as freeware (version 2.4). ... learn more about CourseLab
- Gutenberg Technology is the provider of the premier end-to-end content management platform
Gutenberg Technology (GT) transforms how content is created, reused and distributed at scale. The company’s end-to-end content management platform enables organizations to author and distribute print and digital content from within a single workflow – speeding time to market and reducing costs. The world’s largest publishers, certification organizations and universities rely on GT to transfo... learn more about Gutenberg Technology
- Scalable, flexible, powerful & complete
Create, manage, and deliver learning programs through the web & mobile devices from one integrated platform.The Instancy Learning On-Demand Platform™ is a cloud-based system that enables the creation, management and delivery of online + mobile training and education. ... learn more about Instancy LearningVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$2.00 per Month
- Best eLearning Authoring Tool
dominKnow | ONE provides a fully featured collaborative Course Authoring solution with responsive, traditional and software simulation authoring with and adaptive interface making it easy enough for SMEs yet powerful for advanced designers all in one central system.... learn more about dominKnow | One
- An LMS application that delivers anytime, anywhere learning – locally and globally
SkillBuilder is a cloud-based Learning Management System (LMS) used for corporate training, compliance training, employee training and channel training. Developed by BaseCorp Learning Systems, a full service company, the software is used by corporations, organizations and government agencies. ... learn more about SkillBuilder LMSVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$193 per Month
- A fresh, creative way to share knowledge across your organization.
Versal is an online eLearning platform for the modern workforce. It's all all-in-one collaborative solution for creating engaging and interactive courses, and delivering them to learners everywhere. ... learn more about VersalVisit websiteFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$300 per Year
- Transform Your Online Training with ePath Learning ASAP Learning Management System
Our cloud-based learning management system, or LMS, supports your online training initiatives. ePath Learning ASAP LMS automates your entire training process from content development and course registration through tracking and reporting, in one easy-to-use software platform. It’s an award-winning online training solution!... learn more about ASAP LMS
- Create and sell online courses, all-in-one
LearnWorlds is a powerful, easy-to-use and reliable training solution for individuals and enterprises. A fully customizable, white-label solution to train employees and associates, educate customers, or sell online courses to a wide audience. Our cloud-based e-learning platform offers Professionals, Entrepreneurs & Training Managers a solution tailored to their specific needs and a team of experts... learn more about LearnWorldsVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$29 per Year
- E-Learning authoring tool
Open eLearning is free software, providing an eLearning development tool. It’s one of the most popular open-source eLearning Authoring Tools. It has been used for the design of eLearning courses for all Learning Management System With SCORM compliance and mobile responsiveness for playback on all devices, ease of use along with a good amount of advanced features.... learn more about Open eLearning
- Multi-Device eLearning
Adapt is a free and easy to use an e-learning authoring tool that creates fully responsive, multi-device, HTML5 e-learning content using the award-winning Adapt developer framework.... learn more about Adapt
- The eLearning XHTML editor
The eXe project developed a freely available Open Source authoring application to assist teachers and academics in the publishing of web content without the need to become proficient in HTML or XML markup. Resources authored in eXe can be exported in IMS Content Package, SCORM 1.2, or IMS Common Cartridge formats or as simple self-contained web pages.... learn more about eXe
- A full suite of tools for e-Learning developers and content authors.
The Xerte Project aims to provide high-quality free software to educators all over the world and to build a global community of users and developers. We believe that simple things should be simple and that anything should be possible.... learn more about Xerte
- Engaging & Evolving Your Workforce Through Strategic Learning Experiences
The Roundtable LMS is a sleek, straightforward platform that aids administrators and learners alike. Incredibly easy to use, the LMS provides everything you need and nothing you don’t. We build learning management systems that look exactly like you want and perform exactly how you need. Our LMS platform features modular plugins for easy customization and industry-leading customer service, creati... learn more about Roundtable Learning LMS
- Born-digital, open source, media-rich scholarly publishing
Scalar is a free, open-source authoring and publishing platform that’s designed to make it easy for authors to write long-form, born-digital scholarship online. Scalar enables users to assemble media from multiple sources and juxtapose them with their own writing in a variety of ways, with the minimal technical expertise required.... learn more about Scalar
- Create and deliver online learning
Course Builder is an Open Source (Apache 2.0), online education platform. Use it to create your online course whether it's for an entire university offering, professional training, or a corporate product. It can help you create and deliver online learning, whether they're for 10 or 1,000,000+ students. We used it to build our Power Searching with Google and Computational Thinking for Educators onl... learn more about Course Builder
- Create, sell and market online courses
Gurucan is a 7-in-one platform for digital businesses. With Gurucan creators launch online courses, run live sessions and webinars, sell memberships, or even create their own mobile apps. Everything in a simple and easy to use interface.... learn more about GurucanVisit websiteFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$26 per Month
- Powering the Business of Learning
Deliver quality and engaging learning experiences to your target audience with Thought Industries, the world's leading B2B customer education and extended enterprise learning platform designed for for-profit training organizations, software companies, consulting firms, associations, CEU providers, and more. More than just a learning management solution, Thought Industries enables organizations to ... learn more about Thought Industries
- Introduction to the Buyer's Guide for Course Authoring Software
- What do you mean by Course Authoring?
- Does eLearning Boost or Help to Recreate the Course Authoring?
- How to author an eLearning Content Efficiently?
- How has course authoring become more prevalent in recent years?
- What are the critical challenges in authoring an eLearning Content?
- What is a course authoring software?
- Who is the Target Audience for Course Authoring Software?
- What are the different types of course authoring tools?
- What are the Salient Features of Course Authoring Software?
- What are the Pivotal Benefits of Course Authoring Software?
- How has Course Authoring Software transformed educational institutions?
- How does Course Authoring Tool streamline employee training?
- What is the Key Difference between Course Authoring Software and Other Learning Management Systems?
- What are the Recent Trends in Course Authoring Software?
- What to Consider before buying a Course Authoring Software?
- What is the Average Cost of a Course Authoring Software?
- Why Refer the GoodFirms List for Choosing Course Authoring Software?
Introduction to the Buyer's Guide for Course Authoring Software
The teaching and learning methodologies have undergone an incredible and colossal change in recent years. The conventional approach required teachers, trainers, and instructors to manually prepare all content, notes, course, and teaching materials. There is no denying that it was indeed one of the most cumbersome and daunting tasks. Also, it was time-consuming and required a lot of patience as well.
But the emergence and enhancement of smart eLearning authoring tools have simplified and streamlined various tasks. The following buyer's guide will give you in-depth information on course authoring, course authoring tools, types, the essential features, benefits, and much more. Besides, you will also get to know the recent trends in course authoring and how to pick the best course software for authoring.
What do you mean by Course Authoring?
Course authoring is defined as the procedure that focuses on designing and preparing study materials, learning content, curriculum, and other resources for students, employees, and teachers, etc.
The purpose of authoring a course is to impart knowledge, information, and skills on a specific topic via offline or online mode. Course authoring also aims to transfer meaningful information both digitally as well as using the traditional approach. Course authoring also helps students and professionals to acquire substantial knowledge in a simplified comprehendible language. The course emphasizes real-world practical examples with the intent to boost the skills and productivity. One can author a course on all subjects depending on the learner's requisites.
Does eLearning Boost or Help to Recreate the Course Authoring?
One must give credit to the internet and the evolution of information technology, which has simplified both creating and sharing information. E-learning has gained much prominence with easy and fast access to an array of valuable information. It has allowed educational institutes, universities, and even business enterprises to invest in innovative eLearning techniques.
Also, the teachers and trainers prepare meaningful content and course materials in various formats. It is unlike the old school textbooks where content is short, crisp, precise, and engaging. Also, it is well documented in an easy to understand language.
How to author an eLearning Content Efficiently?
So, you are planning to author an eLearning course, right? Great! To start, you just need to follow a few simple steps, which will help you create compelling eLearning content.
- Find out the target audience- When you plan to author an eLearning content, the first step that you need to take is identifying who the right target audience is. Knowing your audience will help you craft the course's subject matter, depending on their knowledge base.
- Analyze your learner’s problems. Once you have identified the right set of audience, it's time to analyze their critical issues where they are lagging.
- Defining the learning objectives- Your need to have a clear and concise goal regarding what you want to teach the learners and why you are authoring this course. You can implement this step only after analyzing the main issues of your learners.
- Finding the right content and organizing it appropriately- The next job in hand is to find the right set of content. You need to access various resources and channels to get valuable information based on the audience's needs. You can set the category, type, and structure the content accordingly.
- Making your course meaningful and engaging- Next, you need to ensure that your content is highly relevant, useful, and worth its defined target audience. Also, it needs to be helpful, user friendly, and easily understandable.
- Choose the right technology- Your content may be relevant and informative but will miss the bus if not aligned with the right set of technology and tools. Make your content engaging and interactive through videos, animations, and presentations.
- Take feedback from the audience- Take feedback from your audience to know if the course was helpful. The suggestions and reviews will help you to improve your course materials and content.
How has course authoring become more prevalent in recent years?
To be honest, course authoring has become more prevalent in recent years due to varied reasons. You cannot deny the significant contribution of eLearning in popularizing authoring courses. It is essential to note that some of the world's renowned universities, such as Havard, Oxford, and Princeton, have introduced several online courses allowing learners to attend classes even from remote locations. Course authoring has gained more attention due to various other factors such as-
- Speeds up the e-learning process- The online course authoring has accelerated the eLearning process of the students and employees. It also enables faster delivery as learners can access content anytime and anywhere.
- Reducing the cost of training or learning- The course authoring has significantly decreased the cost of training and learning. The study materials and all other stuff are available online. It means the trainers and instructors don't have to rent a separate space and spend on buying training materials.
- Flexible timings- A critical reason that accounted for the growth in popularity of course authoring is the flexible scheduling. The learner can access online content according to his/ her convenience.
- Enhanced productivity and collaboration- Course authoring streamlines the training and learning process, which in turn enhances employee productivity and collaboration.
- Maximize knowledge retention- Course authoring helps learners to maximize their knowledge retention and improve their performance. One can add interactive activities and quizzes to make the content more engaging.
What are the critical challenges in authoring an eLearning Content?
You may prepare eLearning content based on the specific requisites of the target audience. You may also develop informative and user-friendly content. But at the same time, you have to tackle a few complex challenges listed below.
- Not Finding Enough Relevant Content- One of the biggest challenges that you may face is not finding enough relevant content to suit your audience's needs. Many unique and complex topics do not have adequate information, even on the internet.
- Converting Monotonous Subject More Engaging- You may find it challenging to transform a dull and monotonous topic more engaging and interactive to hold the attention span of your audience.
- Lack of Learner Motivation- If your content isn't appealing and informative enough, it distracts the learners, and they don't feel motivated. They might even quit your course.
- Not Making Use of the Updated Technology- If you are not up-to-date with the technology, it becomes difficult for you to frame any content. Also, if you are using the traditional methodologies to impart training, the learners may soon lose their interest.
- Falling Short of Budget- At times, you may not have a sufficient budget or money to create the course and content.
- Not Meeting the Deadlines- It usually happens in a corporate scenario where managers and instructors have to prepare a course related to training. They may have to work on tight deadlines and cannot meet the time limit.
- Inexperienced Subject Matter Experts- You may have to cope with one of the tough course authoring challenges when hiring amateur subject matter experts or writers to develop the content. They may author a hard-to-understand course, which may not be useful and engaging.
- Authoring Content for Different Age Group Learners-You must have heard; one size does not fit all. Similarly, one content cannot suffice the needs of your different learners. For instance, you have to develop a different approach to authoring a course for the millennials as compared to preparing the content for the Gen Z audience.
To counter all these issues and challenges, you certainly need an advanced tool, which can act as a booster to simplify all tasks. What about deploying an optimal course authoring software? It's indeed a venerable option that you should explore.
What is a course authoring software?
A course authoring software is a sophisticated digital product that enables you to create and develop customized online content for educating the students and teachers. The innovative authoring tool is also known as course development software. You can create interactive and intuitive content with various multimedia authoring tools, for both training and educational purposes.
The digital authoring tools are not just restricted to e-courses, video lectures, virtual classroom training, and workshops but focus on animation-based content, quizzes, charts, and images to simplify content. The tools easily enhance learners' knowledge base and, at the same time, improve their retention power.
Who is the Target Audience for Course Authoring Software?
The authoring software has given a boost to Massively Open Online Courses (MOOC), offering various courses to wide-ranging audiences. They include-
- Employees looking to upgrade their skills- Employees and professionals are keen to improve their proficiency skills. It is here that online course software can help them by offering the right set of knowledge and information on updated technology.
- Employees searching for better job options- Many employees search for better job opportunities, which require additional training and expertise. They unleash the benefit of course software to acquire those skill sets.
- Employees planning to change their department- In another scenario, employees also look to change their department in the same organization. The eLearning course will help them to gain more knowledge about job roles and responsibilities.
- Students preparing for a competitive examination- Students from all around the world prepare for competitive exams. The best online course creation software will indeed give an edge to their preparation and help them succeed in the test.
- Students are willing to get help on different subjects- Students seek advice on various topics while studying and making their assignments. The elearning authoring tool also helps them to prepare for their university examinations.
- Students opting for a professional course- The best course authoring software also proves more than a handy tool for students willing to opt for a professional course to boost their career prospects.
- Training institutes offering certification courses- Several training institutes and universities provide certification and diploma courses in different subjects. The online course development software helps them to prepare the content and study materials quickly.
- Adults willing to learn new technologies- Today, adults and homemakers are interested in learning about new technologies. Hence, a viable course authoring software helps you develop the materials in an easily understandable way.
What are the different types of course authoring tools?
You can create different authoring tools or eLearning course content, depending on your learners' needs. These include-
- Cloud-based authoring tools- The cloud-powered eLearning authoring tools don't require any software installation as they are cloud-hosted. The learner just has to log in to the system and then access the dashboard or the interface. It allows employees or students to access their accounts through mobile devices and work from remote locations.
- Powerpoint-based authoring tools- This type of elearning authoring tool serves as add-ins to PowerPoint. The software helps simplify the Powerpoint presentations, and the trainers can easily create a course using different slides.
- Multimedia related eLearning authoring tools- One can host these course authoring tools both in the cloud and on-premise. For instance, they are created for animated elearning videos. The developers can easily import videos from different sources and then export them to third-party apps after creating the course.
- Authoring tools designed for a particular purpose- As the name suggests, this elearning authoring software is created for a specific purpose. For example, Lynda is a popular graphic designing course software that allows anyone to learn the concepts of designing beautiful graphics.
- Locally hosted authoring tools- The locally hosted course authoring tools are usually installed in the hard drive. One can download it directly from the website.
What are the Salient Features of Course Authoring Software?
There is no doubt that any course authoring software receives the real impetus from its varied features. Also, any organization or institution planning to buy an authoring software will first check out its features and functionalities The essential elements of the online course development software include-
- An intuitive dashboard or interface- An intuitive interface or dashboard is indeed an essential feature for any type of software. It enables you to create great content or course within a short period and incorporate it with the microlearning system.
- Integration of multimedia and interactive tools- The course development software should integrate with the multimedia and other devices to make content more engaging and more comfortable to learn. For example, the AR authoring tools will align the course with the surroundings of the learner.
- Complying with LMS: The content should be published on a proper platform so that the learners can easily access it. In most cases, the material gets released into a learning management system or LMS. The content should comply with standards as SCORM and Tin Can before it gets published on the LMS platform.
- Integration with mobile devices- The course authoring tool should run seamlessly on all major mobile platforms such as Android, iOS, and applications.
- Lectures and screencasts- Video lectures and screencasts are integral features of course authoring software. It includes informative and engaging video tutorials and the ability to capture the screen. The software also features screencasts where you can display the screen and the video simultaneously at the same time using the web camera.
- Online Quiz and Surveys- It is another must-have feature in the elearning authoring software, which can check the learners' knowledge base and take their valuable feedback.
- Branching- Adding the branching feature into the authoring tool, helps learners to select their preferred course with ease. It enhances the learners' experience as they can access their mistakes in the test or opt for the section they want to explore.
- Ability to quickly update the content- The elearning authoring tool can update all content and course materials in a quick time. It provides new and up-to-date information to all the learners.
- User-friendly- The authoring tool must be user-friendly. It should enable the learners to navigate the application or platform easily and access the content effortlessly.
What are the Pivotal Benefits of Course Authoring Software?
The adoption and implementation of the best online course creation software have grown exponentially in recent years. Various business domains have already benefited from elearning creation software. Hence, it's pivotal to highlight the essential benefits.
- Increase Learner Attention and Engagement-One of the topmost benefits of a course authoring tool is that it enhances the learner's attention, participation, and engagement. The learners have continuous access to course training and eLearning materials, which they can learn anytime.
- Decrease in Content Development Time- The elearning authoring tool has significantly decreased the time taken to develop an eLearning content or course. The software is equipped with advanced authoring tools, customized themes, modern features, and interactions to prepare a useful and value-adding course. The course developers have to spend less time gathering information and details from various sources.
- Adding the Gamification Elements- Course Creation also enables developers to add the gamification elements with ease. Adding the gaming features into the authoring tools makes your eLearning content more interactive and fun-filled. It also motivates the learners and develops competitiveness amid them to perform better.
- Managing and Updating Course Become Easier- Managing and updating the course becomes much more simplified and streamlined with a course development software. The developers can quickly revise the content at different time intervals and add the latest input to upgrade it accordingly. Thus, it helps to suffice the needs of specific learner groups.
- Creating Top and Leading eLearning Courses With Ease- The learners have become smart, and hence they look for innovative courses that have been recently introduced in the market and have a bright future scope. One can quickly add new prospective eLearning courses that help students, employees, and aspirants shape their careers.
- Easily Track and Analyze the Results- The course creator must keep tracking and analyzing the learner's performance at regular intervals. The course authoring tools are compatible with monitoring technology such as SCORM. It can help learners monitor and analyze their quiz scores to know if they have passed or failed in the test.
- Minimizing Training and Other Costs- It allows the course developers to reduce the training and various additional costs. For example, trainers and instructors don't have to rent a separate space, spend on buying notebooks, pens, papers, boards, and other stationery items.
- Compatible with Multiple Platforms- It is interesting to note that several elearning authoring tools have become highly responsive. For instance, HTML5-based courses can be accessed on wide-ranging platforms. The learners can access the content on their mobile devices, tablets, desktops, iPads, and more. The developers can create a master layout using different breakpoints with ease.
- Seamless Deployment of the eLearning Courses- The course authoring tools can be deployed on clouds, allowing content creators to store massive data with ease. Furthermore, the teachers don't have to find information manually on any specific topic while teaching the learners.
- Boost Performance and Add Value to Career- A different set of learners and target audiences opt for eLearning courses to accomplish various goals. The best online course creation software helps simplify their goal path, boost the learners' performance, and add value to their existing careers.
In addition to these advantages, there are many more plus points that go in favor of course authoring software. These include the use of different multimedia resources, collaborative authoring, repurposing of content, and more.
How has Course Authoring Software transformed educational institutions?
You will probably agree to this that the best course creation software has revolutionized the global educational landscape and teaching methodologies. The teachers and instructors no more depend on teaching with blackboards, chalks, and dusters but adopt a modern approach to help students increase their knowledge base and shape their careers. The course authoring tools have indeed benefited the educational sectors in many ways such as-
- Easy access to enormous information- The course authoring tool has allowed both teachers and students to access all information and materials in one place easily. Furthermore, it has become much easier to share massive data without any interruption.
- More interactive and goal-oriented- By implementing the authoring software, one can undoubtedly make the course or content more engaging, interactive, and even goal-oriented. The course creators are introducing new professional courses that help aspirants get jobs quickly.
- Evaluate the academic performance of the students- The course software has changed the process of evaluating and monitoring the student's performance. The teachers can evaluate the performance through key indicators and data metrics.
- Improve communication between students and teachers- The course authoring tools have established enhanced communication between the teachers through live video conferencing, webinars, and other chatbot tools. The students can clarify their doubts in real-time and even modify their mistakes quickly.
- Customize courses for specific learner needs- One can create e-learning courses software using various customized tools and templates. The free and open source course authoring tools allow creators to develop tailor-made courses based on the specific needs of the learner.
How does Course Authoring Tool streamline employee training?
The course builder software has fueled the educational sector and digitally disrupted and transformed the workforce. The innovative tools have streamlined the employee training process making it more engaging and fruitful. For instance, integrating the authoring software at various stages of management and training helps managers create content based on Standard Operating Processes or SOPs. Some other benefits include-
- Improves employee retention- If you are implementing a course authoring tool with an efficient training management system, it helps to boost employee retention. The employees feel more invested and serve as a more valuable asset to the organization.
- Better evaluation of employee performance- The elearning authoring tool even helps you to evaluate and appropriately analyze the employee performance. It is similar to accessing the performance of the students, as indicated earlier. You can monitor the performance through various tests and assignments.
- Increases collaboration and productivity- Increase in employee collaboration and boost productivity are the two main ingredients that upscale the growth of any organization. A course creator software can provide you with both these elements to help you get an edge over your competitors.
- Domain-specific training- Deploying the best online course creation software allows you to develop domain-specific content and training materials. For instance, if you want to impart training on office administration, then you can design the course according to the regulations.
What is the Key Difference between Course Authoring Software and Other Learning Management Systems?
It is essential to note that a course authoring software differs from a learning management system, though it may appear similar. You can notice this disparity between the two terms from their definitions.
Interestingly, many of the course authoring tools function with LMS tools without any friction. Undeniably, it makes your content more interactive and engaging once it gets uploaded to the SCORM package.
If you want to reap the advantages of an entirely digitized learning platform, then it's advisable to implement both course creation software as well as a learning management system tool. Both will help you deliver a truly engaging course.
What are the Recent Trends in Course Authoring Software?
The course authoring tools and applications have already created a buzz both in the education industry and the corporate sector. eLearning is no more an alien term, all thanks to the recent trends and technologies powering the course authoring software.
- Automation in creating content - Automation while creating content is one of the recent trends highlighting the authoring tools industry. The credit must go to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technology, which has made content automation possible. AI analyzes the data or content that you are writing and makes automated suggestions accordingly. The best example is that of Google Doc. Automation in content creation also allows improving user experience through various bots.
- Compatibility with Tin Can- The experts suggest that Tin Can is a much-improved option as compared to SCORM. Hence, it is going to be a disrupting trend in the future. It provides better interaction and substantiated feedback, which reduces the dependence on old standards.
- Mobile Apps Become Driving Force- Mobile applications will drive the future economy as most learners are accessing courses and content on their smartphones. The apps provide you all the online course software features in just a few taps.
- SaaS takes center stage- The Software-as-a-Service or SaaS will breathe more life into the course authoring software. The reason is simple. The cloud-based technology provides improved flexibility and greater functionality at cost-effective subscriptions. It also offers versatile plans and more storage options with the benefit of data synchronization.
- Use of XML or JSON- Use of XML and JSON technologies is also going to be on the rise. They offer more flexibility during content storage and allows you to share content across various platforms easily. You also won't face any technical glitch while integrating third-party data or editing the sources.
- AR and VR hogs the limelight- Both AR and VR are the hotbed trends, and authoring software harness their full benefits. The technologies provide learners with enhanced stimulations where they will be transported to a virtual world and interact with virtual elements in real setups. AR and VR also help to personalize the course.
What to Consider before buying a Course Authoring Software?
Congratulations! You have made a futuristic decision by planning to invest in an elearning creation software. But before you proceed further, you must consider a few factors before selecting the best course authoring software. It includes-
- The Contents of the Course - The first crucial factor that you need to consider is the content of the course. You need to analyze thoroughly what all the course is offering, and is it going to help boost your career prospects?
- The Duration of the Course- The next important consideration is the duration of the course. You need to decide how much time you are willing to dedicate to learning the course.
- The Features- Take note of all the critical features of the course creation software along with the deployment options, resources, and more. Make a comparative study and then go for the ultimate tool.
- The Type of Support Available- You need to check the kind of support the software vendor offers to all its customers, whether it's a free tool or subscription-based software. Does it have a live chat option, email support, or a telephone number to contact the agent? Verify all these first.
- The Price- The cost of online course development software is one of the pivotal constraints when planning to buy the tool. You have to consider your budget if you are investing in a subscription-based software.
What is the Average Cost of a Course Authoring Software?
Generally speaking, the cost of a course authoring software depends on different variable factors. These include the salient features and functionalities, the deployment or integration with the cloud, the implementation of transforming trends, and much more. Also, there is an option of choosing a free and open source authoring tool that can help you save a lot of bucks. You can even customize such software tools according to your convenience.
You can explore at a few options such as Open eLearning and eXe Open Learning. If you are looking only for free authoring software, then you have Active Presentor and Lectora Online. On the other hand, if you are not willing to spend more and running on a tighter budget, then please check Schoox, available at an affordable price of $5 per month with a one-month free trial. There is also Instancy Learning available at only $2 per month.
There are far more options when you are ready to invest a big budget on course authoring tools. For instance, you can choose the iSpring Suite, which costs around $770 per year with a 14-day free trial period. Also, if you want to choose a course software with high-end features, then you can opt for Articulate 360 costing about $1299 per year.
Why Refer the GoodFirms List for Choosing Course Authoring Software?
GoodFirms is a top-notch review, research, and rating agency that has been dedicatedly helping software companies, customers, and service seekers to choose the best product or service within their budget estimate. The review and research platform also enables IT firms to enhance their user acquisition stats and upsurge brand awareness.
The business owners and entrepreneurs can select the software or service based on their organization's preferences to flourish further and remain upbeat in the stern competition. If you are willing to buy a course authoring software, follow this buyer's guide containing every detail about the tool.