After agreeing to a three-month contract with biweekly milestones, BrainMobi failed to deliver on schedule. The code presented many errors and failed simple user acceptance tests. The development team was polite, but unresponsive to questions and inattentive to concerns.
Please, find a list of facts below to understand our bad review:
- We agreed on a 3-months project. We signed the contract on June, the 4th with the promise that the team was fully and immediately available. We paid upfront the first 25% of the budget.
- Kick-off meeting with the team lead didn't happen until June 11th.
- Brainmobi didn't provide a milestone plan up until June 25th. And they said the project timeline would start counting then. Therefore, the final deadline was apparently on September 25th (not a 3-months project anymore).
- By contract we requested biweekly deliveries of fully functional features. This simply didn't happen. The plan had 5 milestones and they ended up delivering milestone 1, 2 and 3 all together, more than two months later after the starting day.
- This delivery had extremely bad quality. The very first 3 UATs were so terrible we couldn't even fulfil a complete user flow. They spent the days afterwards bugfixing.
- On August 6th we declare by e-mail that the project is over and that we are moving forward with another dev team. They don't react up until August 9th, after a second e-mail sent by us. On August 16th they still insist on proceeding with the project (delivering by mid-October), but we decline the offer, for obvious reasons. So far, we have no more news from them.
Judge by yourself. The PM was always available and the team was nice, but it seams they don't understand what does it mean to be complain with a signed contract and their quality standards are really different to ours. In case you were wondering, we didn't change a single comma in the definition of the product - all user stories and designs were provided upfront.
What do you like most about the company?
The sales process was great. The sales account manager told us everything we wanted to hear and followed up after the project started. But nothing he promised actually happened, even though BrainMobi was aware of our frustration.
What they should improve on?
If they commit to certain deadlines and methodologies, they should keep their word. We feel that we were cheated.