Top Speech Recognition Software
A speech recognition software conveys an extraordinary customer experience while enhancing the regulation rate of a self-service system. It empowers common, human-speech that create natural conversations with clients. The voice recognition software even provides easy solutions for collecting dynamic information, for example, names and addresses. Using the best speech recognition software enables organizations to spare operators for more critical undertakings. In need of a trial and tested speech to text software recognition technology for your business? Just go through the list of top voice recognition software by GoodFirms below and select the one that fits you best.
List of Top Voice Recognition Software | Best Speech Recognition Software
Voice Dictation: Use the magic of speech recognition software to write emails and documents in Google Chrome. Dictation accurately transcribes your speech to text software in real time. You can add paragraphs, punctuation marks, and even smileys using voice recognition commands.
Dragon speech recognition software is better than ever. Talk and your words appear on the screen. Say commands and your computer obeys. Dragon is 3x faster than typing and it's 99% accurate. Master Dragon right out of the box, and start experiencing big productivity gains immediately. From making status updates and searching the web to creating reports and spreadsheets, Dragon voice recognition so... read more
It allows you to easily and accurately dictate (speech to text software) in over 100 languages of the world, update social network status, play songs & videos, search the web, open programs & websites, find information and much more. You can use your voice to text software to your Windows computer, automate processes and improve your personal and business productivity.
Sonix transcribes, timestamps, and organizes your audio and video files so they are easy to search, edit, and share. speech to text software generates a time-stamped transcript for a fraction of the cost of traditional services.
A speech recognition and conversion solution with the multi-language speech recognizer, documents & emails transcriber, and more.
Speechlogger is a great speech recognition (speech to text) and instant voice translation web app. It runs Google's speech to text technologies for the best results. The only web app with auto-punctuation, auto-save, timestamps, in-text editing capability, transcription of audio files, export options (to text and captions) and more. No user registration needed & it's completely free!
Winscribe Speech Recognition software technology recognizes the words you are speaking and automatically types them for you, resulting in significantly faster documentation and turnaround time. Winscribe also assists companies that are looking to adopt more “paper light” business practices to digitally document and store information, minimizing the need for hardcopy paperwork.
Speak and translate any words or phrases including email or text in multiple languages with iSpeech Translator. The app's human-quality text to speech and speech recognition are brought to you by iSpeech, the creator of DriveSafe.ly, an award-winning leader in texting while driving applications.
With the voice recognition revolution here, Speechmatics has used its decades of machine learning and research expertise to develop Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), available in private or public clouds and securely on-premises. The technology can be used for real-time or pre-recorded audio and video files, pushing the boundaries of speech recognition innovation and supporting an industry-leadi... read more
Simon is an open source speech recognition (speech to text) program that can replace your mouse and keyboard. The system is designed to be as flexible as possible and will work with any language or dialect. Simon uses the KDE libraries, CMU SPHINX and/or Julius coupled with the HTK and runs on Windows and Linux.
Kaldi is a toolkit for speech recognition written in C++ and licensed under the Apache License v2.0. Kaldi is intended for use by speech to text recognition researchers. Kaldi is similar in aims and scope to HTK. The goal is to have a modern and flexible code, written in C++, that is easy to modify and extend.
CMUSphinx collects over 20 years of the CMU research. State of art speech recognition algorithms for efficient speech recognition. CMUSphinx tools are designed specifically for low-resource platforms. It supports several languages like US English, UK English, French, Mandarin, German, Dutch, Russian and ability to build models for others
Voice is natural, voice is human. That’s why we’re excited about creating usable voice technology for our machines. But to create voice systems, developers need an extremely large amount of voice data.Most of the data used by large companies isn’t available to the majority of people.
The Hidden Markov Model Toolkit (HTK) is a portable toolkit for building and manipulating hidden Markov models. HTK is primarily used for speech recognition research although it has been used for numerous other applications including research into speech synthesis, character recognition and DNA sequencing. HTK is in use at hundreds of sites worldwide.
"Julius" is a high-performance, two-pass large vocabulary continuous speech recognition software for speech-related researchers and developers. Based on word N-gram and context-dependent HMM, it can perform almost real-time decoding on most current PCs in 60k word dictation task.
Mycroft is an Open Source Voice Assistant. We're a transparent, customizable, and privacy-minded alternative to the current voice products on the market. A platform that lets you voice enable anything. Because Mycroft is open source, our software can be customized for brands and users alike--and integrated on any platform. It runs on Linux, can be built on a Raspberry Pi, and used with our Mark I ... read more
The dictation solution for screen reader users created by and for the community. Building on a modest goal shared by three people in three wildly divergent timezones communicating by email as far back as 2011 all the way through the success of a community fundraiser in 2016 and its resultant two-year development and testing process.
Voice Report enables field employees to dictate reports while on the go, using a highly secure speech to text solution. Record your voice from any device and securely access your transcription online from anywhere.
Our highly accurate, automated speech-to-text transcription transforms your unstructured voice data into transcripts that can be integrated into your analytics platforms. V-Blaze by Voci Technologies enables you to improve agent quality monitoring, enhance the customer experience, extract competitive intelligence and ensure compliance.
Komunikacja Omnichannel, wielokanałowa obsługa klienta. Telefon, Email, Webczat, SMS. Obsługa inbound i outbound, nagrywanie rozmów, system ticketowy, statystyki.
Speech to text conversion powered by Machine Learning. Direct in your website and for free. Voxpow supports your global user base, recognizing more than 100 languages and variants. We use Google Cloud Speech-to-Text stream to convert results, immediately.
BhashaLekhan a powerful speech-enabled online web application designed to empower your ideas by implementing a clean & efficient design, so you can focus on your thoughts. We strive to provide the best online dictation tool by engaging cutting-edge speech-recognition technology for the most accurate results technology can achieve today, together with incorporating built-in tools\ to increase us... read more
SmartAction provides cloud-based AI-powered Virtual Agent solutions for contact centers. SmartAction's solutions make it easy for enterprises to automate the repetitive conversations handled by live agents, with seamless integrations to existing contact center technology and data sources. SmartAction delivers its conversational AI solution as a service through a team of CX experts who guides brand... read more
Trinity Audio is a full audio content solution, providing publishers and content creators of all types and sizes with a new way to engage, grow, and monetize audiences by effortlessly transforming content into audio. We firmly believe a reading experience alone no longer has the power to capture the audience’s attention and get the message across. As such, we are committed to helping the cont... read more
Speech-to-Text you can count on. Don't settle for poorly supported APIs offered up by big tech. Start building with our high accuracy, state of the art Speech-to-Text API today. - State of the Art Accuracy: Our API is powered by state of the art Deep Neural Networks. Our research team is constantly improving, and we release improvements every few weeks. - Customizable for Higher Accuracy:... read more
Transcribe converts interviews, podcasts and other audio recordings into text automatically. Increase your productivity & save mountains of time when converting your interviews, audio notes, lectures, speeches, podcasts and any recorded speech to text. A few other features that would make your life easier: •NEW: Create video subtitles, Export your automatic transcripts in SRT or WebVTT subtit... read more
Trint unlocks the power of speech. Our platform uses A.I. to automatically transcribe audio and video, making it easy to find the moments that matter. We connect teams for seamless, fast and secure content creation. Trint liberates you from the menial…so you can focus on the meaningful. We use artificial intelligence to automatically transcribe the spoken word in 31 languages, making it easy to ... read more
Lightning fast video and audio to text transcription. Upload in any audio or video format. Available in +119 Languages and Accents. The transcripts generated by our Automatic Transcription Software include commas, full-stops and question marks. Our automatic transcription software is probably the best out there. Get audio and video files converted to text which is actually usable. Automatic transc... read more
Temi.com is an automated transcription service that uses advanced speech recognition to converts audio and video to text in minutes. Temi is changing how people extract value out of their digital files. With the explosion of personal and online media, we believe there is tremendous value in this content, just waiting to be unlocked. We started building a better speech recognition service combined ... read more
Save time and money with Maestra’s automatic audio to text transcription software. Turn your video and audio to text automatically in minutes. Maestra makes "transcription" fast and simple. Instead of spending hours of your day hand typing your files, or wasting money on hiring manual transcription services, you can use Maestra to affordably and automatically transcribe your audio to text in jus... read more
- Introduction to Speech Recognition` Software
- What is Speech Recognition?
- A Brief History of Speech Recognition
- How does Speech Recognition Work?
- What is the Purpose of Speech Recognition?
- What is the Key Difference Between Speech Recognition and Voice Recognition?
- How vital is Speech-to-text for businesses today?
- What are the Different Types of Models and Algorithms?
- What are the Main Challenges of Speech Recognition?
- What is Speech Recognition Software?
- What are the Prominent Features of Speech Recognition Software?
- What are the Popular Applications of Speech Recognition Software?
- Why Should You Invest in a Viable Speech Recognition Software?
- What about the speed and accuracy while using a speech recognition software?
- What are the Latest Trends in Speech Recognition Software?
- How is Speech Recognition Software Used in Call Tracking?
- What Factors to Consider when Selecting the Speech Recognition Software?
- What is the Average Cost of a Speech Recognition Software?
- Why Consider GoodFirms’ List of top Speech Recognition Software?
Have you ever realized how human communication and speech has evolved over several centuries? Right from displaying symbols and images, to portraying information to the emergence of the internet, smartphones, and other formats of digital communication, human interaction has undergone an enormous change.
The progression of technology has also transformed the speech with voice control's sophistication, such as introducing the voice assistant. But there is another popular term, which has become a buzzword - the speech recognition software, which is incredibly enabling companies to mechanize and streamline business processes. The speech recognition tools are also easily accessible, cost-effective, and user-friendly.
The following buyer’s guide takes you through a comprehensive journey on speech recognition and its essential tools. You will also learn about the software’s core features, benefits, popular applications, recent trends, and many more details.
In simple terms, speech recognition is the ability of a machine or device to understand spoken words and phrases. The language gets translated into a machine-readable format.
You can take the example of a microphone that records your voice and hardware program converts sound from analog to digital. The software helps to process the audio data and interpret the sound as individual words.
Speech recognition has also been identified as a subcategory of computational linguistics through computers recognizing the text language. You can even refer it to computer speech recognition or automatic speech recognition.
Before proceeding with any further details on speech recognition, it’s essential to throw some light on its brief history.
Speech recognition dates back to 1952 when three Bell laboratory researchers developed a new system known as Audrey. The other significant development occurred in 1962 when the renowned multinational technology company IBM demonstrated and built a Shoebox machine that could distinguish between 16 spoken words in English.
During the period 1970-1990, various successful studies and research were carried out in different parts of the world. For instance, DARPA started working on a Speech Understanding Research Program with a quest to find a minimum vocabulary size of 1000 words. In the mid-1980s, the IBM developers developed a voice-activated typewriter Tangora, which could handle 20,000 vocabulary words.
Next, in the 2000s, DARPA demonstrated a couple of speech recognition programs. Google’s first attempt at speech recognition came in 2007 when it built a GOOG-411, a telephone directory-based service. The device helped a great deal to improve Google’s recognition solutions.
In 2009, Geoffery Hilton created deep feedforward networks for acoustic modeling. The early 2010s saw a clear distinction between speech recognition and voice recognition. In 2012, the speech recognition technology progressed significantly, gaining more accuracy with deep learning. This embarked, the clear beginning of a revolution. The concept of end-to-end automatic speech recognition came in 2014 with the introduction of Connectionist Temporal Classification (CTC)-based systems.
The cloud-based solutions and digital transformation technologies have played a considerable role in consistently improving and boosting speech recognition in recent years. Thus, the ability to hear and understand the words has enhanced a lot.
So, the next question that comes to mind is, how does speech recognition work. The speech recognition first analyzes the sound of the speaker and then filters it accordingly. In the next step, it digitizes that filtered sound and then converts it into a readable format. It again analyzes the sound to understand its meaning.
The sound recognition depends on algorithms and different types of models to accurately guess what you are saying. It means it has to comprehend the speaker’s language.
Also, if a single person uses a speech recognition device, he/she can adjust the settings according to his/her convenience. But the challenge is when the machine has to work for multiple different markets. That is when the developers have to program the device accordingly to quickly identify different variations, languages, dialects, and more.
The developers also have to pay attention to nullifying the issue of background noise. They need to program the device in such a way that unwanted sound gets filtered out.
Another crucial aspect that comes into play is the sound’s signal. It is categorized into small segments that are hundredths or thousandths of a second, as in the case of plosive consonant sounds. The machine matches the segments with phonemes in a proper language.
In the next stage, one has to focus more on speech recognition research. Here you have to check phonemes in other phoneme’s context. The related phoneme is passed through a hard statistical model, comparing them to a broad set of words, phrases, and sentences. The program sends the output in the form of text or computer commands.
The experts believe that speech recognition didn’t reach a hundred percent accuracy. Thanks to the innovative technology, it is attaining almost 98% accuracy in the current scenario. Hence, the prime target of speech recognition is to maximize accuracy and speed. Indeed, the developers aim to improve speech recognition efficiency, which can even surpass human capabilities. It also allows them to save a lot of valuable time.
The speech recognition helps a computer or device identify and understand the spoken words without focusing on other details such as cadence, accent, or more. It provides enhancing user experience and improves the self-service containment rate.
It delivers a natural human-like interaction to increase self-satisfaction when interacting with the machines. It enables the companies to collect the customers’ dynamic data, such as their names, addresses, and other information.
Of late, speech recognition has also been playing a part in simplifying the complicated IVR menus. It is expected that with the passage of time and escalation of technology, speech recognition will play more vital roles in society.
Both speech recognition and voice recognition are innovative and next-generation technologies that cater to a wide range of industries and applications. They may appear to be similar on paper, but they are two different functions of virtual assistants. Yes, there is a varied difference between the two technologies.
Let’s compare the key differences between speech recognition and voice recognition in a table format.
Speech-to-text is yet another term for speech recognition. It is an advanced technique that utilizes speech recognition technology to identify the audio signals, sound waves, and patterns, match with the phonemes, and then convert them into the text.
Speech-to-text is indeed a vital asset for business organizations irrespective of their sizes. This is why most entrepreneurs are gradually showing their keen interest in investing in viable speech-to-text software. The tools enable companies to unleash a plethora of benefits such as-
- Streamlining the Communication Process- One of the unique selling points of Speech-to-text is that it simplifies communication. Yes, interaction becomes much more accessible. There is no need for any handwritten notes or documents.
- Makes the Remote Work Location Flexible- Most companies encourage the work from home or remote work location policy. The speech-to-text technology supports live podcasts and webinars so that employees can attend live conferences even from a distant place. It increases employee flexibility.
- Timesaving and Paperless Work- Speech-to-text is a digital solution that can save a lot of valuable time as it eliminates all the tedious paper-related works.
- Speech-to-Text is Both swift and Convenient- Another reason why speech-to-text has gained more imputes is that the technology is both faster and more convenient. The speech-to-text-tools can easily translate a lengthy document or paragraph in a few minutes to seconds. It can be accessed through various devices, such as via mobile applications.
- Quick Sharing of the Documents- The employees can easily share documents in real-time across various devices. It helps the concerned team make smart critical decisions and create improved business strategies to lead the way front.
- Enhancement in the Workflow Process- Speech-to-text improves workflow management, where employees can simply set and manage priority tasks and quick turnarounds.
- Few Chances of Creating Mistakes- With speech-to-text technology, there are very few chances of committing mistakes. The advancement of technology is getting better to improve the accuracy of translated words.
- Secured Transmission of Information- Speech-to-text technology provides a safe and secure passage for the transmission of information. It means that crucial information does not leak out.
It has been indicated earlier that various studies and research have been carried out on speech recognition to make the technology more accurate and productive.
It must also be noted that the language model, the acoustic model, and the lexicon models are traditional or conventional methods of speech recognition.
The language model identifies which sequences of words are spoken more than the others while reading a text. Also, it helps in anticipating the words that will follow the current set of words.
The acoustic model is based on the acoustics of the speech. The audio signal gets divided into small frames, precisely of 25ms in length. The acoustic model then predicts the sound and phoneme spoken from a device in each audio segment.
The lexicon model is related to the pronunciation of phonetic words. The phonetic experts set the phonemes specifically for that language using a phone. The lexicon model also contains specific terms having multiple pronunciations.
Hidden Markov Models
Hidden Markov Models (HMMs) is one of the widely used speech recognition models and algorithms. They are used in various applications.
The Hidden Markov Model is related to modern general-purpose speech recognition technology. The HMM is a statistical model containing a series of quantities or symbols. HMM is an integral part of speech recognition because it comprises two types of speech stationary signals; piecewise and short-time. For example, you can process an approximate of 10 milliseconds stationary signal in a short-time scale.
The other benefit of the Hidden Markov Model is that it is user-friendly and provides automatic training. HMM, models the system as a Markov process where X indicates unobserved or hidden states. HMM presumes another process Y, whose behavior depends on X. HMM aims to learn about X by observing Y. Hidden Markov Models are quite popularly used in temporal pattern recognition and reinforcement learning. There are wide-ranging such as gesture recognition, speech handwriting, musical score following, and much more.
Recurrent Neural Network Transducers or RNN
The Recurrent Neural Network Transducers is an artificial neural network used widely in natural language processing (NLP) and speech recognition. RNN helps to identify the subsequent characteristics and use patterns for anticipating the next likely scenario. RNN is also used in deep learning, which helps to stimulate the neurons in the human brain.
Dynamic Time Warping (DTW)
Another popular speech recognition model or algorithm is Dynamic Time Warping. It was previously used for speech recognition, but the modern Hidden Markov Model has mostly replaced it in recent times. It is an age-old model of speech recognition.
The Dynamic Time Warping measures the similarity between two sequences, which can differ in terms of speed and time. For instance, you can use DTW to identify the similarities in activities, such as observing the walking patterns of two persons. Dynamic Time Warping is also applicable to various applications such as audio, video, and graphics. DTW analyzes any data, which you can convert to linear representation. DTW is also relevant to automatic speech recognition to match the different speaking speeds.
Neural networks are also an acoustic modeling approach, which has been applied to various aspects of speech recognition. These include categorizing the phonemes, categorizing the phonemes via multi-objective scalable algorithms, audio-visual speaker recognition, audio-visual speech recognition, and more. It is also referred to as Artificial Neural Networks (ANN).
The neural network is also an old school method of speech recognition, which was introduced way back in 1958.
End-to-End Acoustic Speech Recognition
End-to-End Acoustic Speech Recognition Is a newly introduced speech recognition model. It is an advanced approach that focuses on jointly learning all the components of the speech recognition. The training process in end-to-end models is more straightforward in comparison to the Hidden Markov Model.
The introduction of Connectionist Temporal Classification proved crucial for automatic speech recognition. It comprises Recurrent Neural Networks and CTC layers. The recurrent neural networks and the CTC model learn the acoustic model and pronunciation together, but they cannot determine the language.
Deep Neural Networks
The Deep Neural Networks or DNN is an artificial neural network having various hidden layers of units. It is a complicated model with non-linear relationships. DNN also builds compositional models having additional layers. These layers allow architecture lower layer features, which helps a proper scope of learning.
The speech recognition technology has undergone a lot of changes and improvements during the last few years. The experts are focusing more on bringing speed and accuracy. Speech recognition has indeed progressed with the emergence of digital technologies, but it has also tackled a few challenges.
The experts believe that two primary factors cause issues related to speech recognition. They are loud and noisy environments and reach. But there are few other speech-recognition challenges, which are discussed below.
- Noisy and loud background sounds- One of the critical concerns of speech recognition in noisy and loud environments. The different devices, such as microphones, cannot record the spoken words accurately. Often you may need an additional mechanism to support them.
- Data security- The devices, while understanding and translating the spoken words, gather massive amounts of data, which can be utterly confidential. Any lapse in data security can cost a company dearly.
- Incorrect interpretations- Another critical challenge is inaccuracy in identifying the speech. At times, the machines cannot understand complicated jargon and phrases, failing to translate it into a readable format.
- Different kinds of accents- Different types of accents are a concern for the machines and devices. Take, for example, the American English accent is different from British accents. As a result, the commands are not able to function correctly.
- Lack of time and efficiency- In some cases, speech recognition can be a time-consuming process as some words may not come across well. The machines may not be able to transliterate words that are spoken too fast or have a peculiar tone.
One of the optimal ways to handle these challenges and eliminate the concerns is implementing the best speech recognition software. So, let’s start first by defining the tool.
Speech recognition software is an innovative and cutting-edge technology that enables a computer machine or device to input spoken words and translate them into a written text.
Speech recognition software also empowers different virtual assistants to facilitate voice commands. The software tools may include an IVR system that transfers the incoming calls to the right destination based on customer requirements. The tools are pre-equipped with various commands allowing the user to carry out different tasks. Some versions of a few software enable programmers to create custom commands.
One of the core aspects that make speech recognition software unique and distinct is the typical features. Let’s highlight the crucial ones.
- Audio capture- Speech recognition tools allow you to capture audio recordings and reduce the noisy environment. The software enables the machines or devices to record or capture the audio accurately that you can transfer easily.
- Automatic transcription- You can use the automatic speech recognition software to transform any audio or video file into a written text. It enhances the experience of the audience and is used in a diverse set of industries.
- Concatenated speech- One of the unique features of speech recognition systems is concatenated speech. It allows you to slice together the recorded or synthesized words to create an answer between a machine and a person.
- Custom dictionary- Speech and voice recognition software provides a custom or personalized dictionary that you can add to the machine. For instance, if you are related to the healthcare sector, you can add medical terms in the machine.
- Customizable macrons- Some leading speech recognition software such as Windows Speech Recognition support custom macros with the help of supplementary applications enabling natural language commands. For example, Microsoft has released email macrons.
- Multi-lingual support- Speech recognition tools provide multi-language support. It means that you can recognize and transcribe your voice in various popular languages. You can add paragraphs, add punctuation marks, and special characters.
- Speech-to-text analysis- With the speech-to-text analysis feature, you can translate an entire audio recording into the text allowing you to find out the root causes in customer interaction.
- Voice recognition- It is a feature that receives and interprets a dictation to carry out spoken commands. Voice recognition has become more innovative with the rise of artificial intelligence.
- Speech recording- The speech recognition system has a speech recording facility that allows you to confirm the words spoken. It means that you can compare the words with the text displayed on the screen. Also, it has a playback correction option that allows you to amend the words quickly.
- Text-to-speech analysis- Text-to-speech is a central feature that proves handy while proofreading. Some speech recognition tools provide this facility. You can listen to the text and synthesize the text-to-speech engine. For instance, in Dragon NaturallySpeaking, you can use commands such as ‘Read Paragraph,’ ‘Read Down From Here,’ and more.
- Natural language commands- The Natural language commands is a unique feature that involves characteristics of both speech recognition and voice recognition software. You can use the advanced natural command syntax to manipulate the text quickly and control the applications. The natural language commands are more than useful while working on MS Word Doc. You can use the commands such as ‘Bold the Text,’ ‘Make it New Times Roman,’ ‘Bullet this Paragraph.’
- Choose and say dictation- One of the exclusive features of the top speech recognition software is ‘choose and say dictation.’ This feature enables you to dictate, edit, and correct using voice in MS Word Doc. Dictating over the top is both faster and easier. But you cannot use this feature for all the programs. Also, you may need a proper word processor for dictating the text.
- A rich set of vocabulary- The Speech Recognition Software provides you with a rich set of vocabulary, all stored in the software. You can use the vocabulary to translate the text and correct the misunderstood words. The tool also allows you to personalize your vocabulary by adding your technical terms or any other names.
- Text macros and diction shortcuts- This feature is helpful if you are using standard words and phrases. The software allows you to store the text and type them out using the short commands. You can download this feature for free in Microsoft Windows Speech Recognition Macros.
- Assign someone for corrections- The speech recognition software and the voice recognition tool enable you to delegate someone for making corrections. It means you can dictate the text and then assign a professional to correct it on a later note. The appointed person has to record his speech and save it with the documents. It provides you the scope of third-party correction once the transcription has been created.
- Compatible with mobile devices- Both speech recognition and voice recognition systems are compatible with mobile devices. It means that you can work while on the move.
There is no denying that speech recognition software is an innovative and ever-evolving tool. Speech recognition has led to the growth of digital assistants helping carry out basic and simple tasks. It enables you to access massive information in real-time using digital sources. Hence, speech recognition software has got widespread applications. It has disrupted a wide range of industries and business domains.
- The Healthcare Sector- The medical and healthcare sector is using speech recognition tools to unleash various benefits. For instance, it helps healthcare professionals to access medical records in real-time. The nurse and medical staff become aware of specific instructions that also include administrative information. The patient’s family is familiarized at what stage the patient needs to be admitted to the hospital.
- The Banking and Finance Sector- Do you know that many banks have already facilitated the payment and transaction process through Apple’s Siri or Amazon Alexa? Yes, banks are embracing voice technology intending to provide more convenience to their customers. The customers can even check their balance and recent transactions in a quick time.
- The Retail Industry- The retail industry is capitalizing on using speech recognition software. Credit must go to Amazon’s suite of Echo devices such as Alexa, streamlining, and amplifying the customer’s shopping experience. Customers can order and reorder a plethora of products, even without using their fingers. They can also easily find any product without wasting their valuable time.
- Transportation Industry- Of late, the customers have been using Alexa or Siri to book a cab on Uber. Also, there are a few companies that are working to integrate the voice-assisted technology with public transport. Using this technology, the user can easily find the next train or bus available for a particular destination.
- Media and entertainment industry- Media and entertainment industry is not lacking behind to reap the advantage of speech recognition tools. The software significantly helps to reduce the editing time and make the editing process more accurate. Also, it enables media organizations to manage various assets efficiently. It also helps in media monitoring, captioning, and subtitling.
- Workplaces- The professionals can search for various reports and documents. The managers can use speech to text software to dictate the text that needs to be filed in the document. The software can schedule meetings, record minutes, create presentations, and graphics. Also, the tools help to make travel arrangements. The voice technology has even simplified many repetitive HR tasks, specifically during the recruitment process.
- Marketing- The marketers get access to new marketing data and current market trends quickly to analyze the customer’s demands. Also, marketers can use the consumer’s accent, vocabulary, and speaking pattern to identify their location, age, and other essential details. In short, speech recognition software enables businesses to increase their customer base.
- Search engine- Speech recognition systems play a pivotal role in helping users to find appropriate information that they are looking for in search engines. Hence, the software is crucial from the SEO perspective as well. Business enterprises can thus improve their search rankings and drive more traffic.
- IoT- The Internet of Things aligns with speech recognition tools allowing users to listen to hands-free messages and control the radio tuning. It also plays a supportive role in navigation and guidance and responds to voice commands.
- Crime Investigation- The speech recognition software has become a worthy asset to help police and investigating agencies investigate the crime. It can help to identify the voice samples and match them with different persons to solve cases.
- Education- Speech recognition is helpful while learning a second language. It enables students to learn proper pronunciation and develop their speaking skills. Also, students with no vision can use this technology to convey words and recite them after listening. They can use their voice to command the computer. Students with injuries don’t have to think about handwriting or typing. Speech recognition enables students with disabilities to become improved writers.
In addition to these popular applications, one can implement speech recognition in various fields such as learning a language, delivering services, voice-controlled games, and apps. Also, the software proves its worth in-car systems, military, and defense service, home automation, robotics, and many more.
The speech recognition software is catering to a diverse set of industries providing a wide array of benefits. The various advantages of the speech recognition system are as follows-
- Promotes hands-free technology- While working on an assignment or project, the speech recognition software enables you to take easy notes and use other devices without using your hands. Imagine using an Apple Siri or Google Maps to take you to your desired destination. Think about the valuable time that hands-free technology saves, which you can utilize for other tasks.
- Helps to control the digital devices- Speech recognition tools are using machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies to understand the spoken words better. You can gain more control over digital assistants such as Google Home, Alexa, or Siri with the correct pronunciation. The signal processing helps to establish an improved understanding between humans and machines.
- Fast and accurate- The best speech recognition software is both fast and precise. Most people speak faster than they write; the software provides an efficient way to translate words into the document. The tools can help in making the documents error-free providing more accurate and reliable results.
- Serves a wide range of industries- One has already witnessed earlier how speech recognition software has fueled wide-ranging sectors from banking, finance, retail, healthcare, media, transport, education, and many more. The speech to text software can be incorporated irrespective of business size and domain.
- A decrease in paperwork- Speech recognition tools promote the creation of electronic documents, which eliminates the usage of paperwork. You just have to communicate with the computer or device, and the results are displayed in different applications such as MS Word. Also, Bluetooth provides an additional benefit where you can easily communicate with wireless technology.
- Aid for the hearing impaired- The speech recognition tool and voice recognition software has come as a blessing for hearing impaired persons. They can take support and help from text-to-speech and dictation systems. The audio gets converted into text, which acts as a critical tool for the communication process.
- Automation of the workflow- Speech recognition systems do more than just translating the speech into a readable text. It also plays a crucial role in workflow automation, where you can complete the tasks more efficiently. You can command the applications by voice to create files, schedule meetings, and send emails. It also improves your searching ability on search engines, helping to gather precise information on a topic.
Speech recognition software is characterized by both speed and accuracy. It is known for providing high-performance and is regarded as the optimal alternative to traditional document typing. Speech recognition applications allow you to create documents at a speed of 160 words per minute, which is almost three times quicker than typing. When users interact with the machines, the output is shown on different applications.
The use of wireless and hands-free technology, such as Bluetooth, further accelerates the speed of dictation. It simply means that the users can make their hands free while taking the notes. They can also freely move around while dictating the text and getting additional references or information on the trot.
It is noteworthy that speech recognition software approximately offers a 99% accuracy right away. It provides an exclusive vocabulary list for various sectors such as marketing, finance, taxation, insurance, public transport, and others.
For example, with Google’s progress and innovation in speech recognition, accuracy has improved almost since 2013. The company has worked on important aspects such as calculating the word’s error rate using the real-world search data. Since accuracy is getting better, it is further leading to increased productivity.
We are already in 2020, and speech recognition software has already created a buzz around the world. The number of respondents using this innovative software is ever increasing, while many others are considering implementing this tool into their business. Hence, it poses a bright and promising future ahead.
- Mobile payments using speech recognition- You will be using your voice to make payments in the future. Although it is on the natal stage, it will undoubtedly boom in the upcoming years. You will have to just speak a one-time password instead of typing the PIN or credit card information.
- AI to become smarter- Artificial intelligence-based assistants are getting more intelligent with the improvement of neural networks. Make more accurate predictions and guesses, such as getting the right directions while driving.
- Security to become more robust- Most Speech Recognition software vendors are working on improving safety to safeguard the essential data. The software will be used for account verification or user identification.
- Addition of more languages- Speech recognition technology is already accessible in approximately 119 words. But with the increase in smartphones, the numbers are going up.
- Growth in the use of smart speakers- One of the other prevailing trends is an increase in the use of smart speakers.
- More use in forensic and investigation- The speech and voice recognition software will play a more significant role in the forensic and criminal investigation. The forensic team can identify the audio samples, which will act as reliable evidence. Thus, the voice ID technology can be used in conjugation with biometrics to perform verification.
Today business organizations are using speech recognition software for call tracking activities. The tool helps to transcribe the content of audio calls that are recorded in the system. The software also provides Calltracks packages that differentiate a caller and the agent and tracks the produced transcript.
Then there is a CallScore that automatically determines the leads and not leads. It also helps in keyword spotting where the agents can tag the calls based on the customer's keywords. It is interesting to note that speech recognition tools can use call tracks to provide keyword research, important for SEO.
Also, the transcripts allow analyzing essential data used for customer training and support purposes. It helps businesses to enhance their customer experience, increase sales, and support process.
If you have already decided to purchase and implement the best speech recognition software, you must consider a few pivotal factors to select the optimum tool. The essential aspects include-
- Industry-Specific Needs- First and foremost, you have to consider the industry and business-specific needs. For instance, if you are a retailer or marketer, you may need a different speech recognition tool from the ones used by military and defense personnel.
- Features and Functionalities- Next, it is essential to consider the vital functions and features of the software. You need to check if the software offers a speech recording facility and test the tool's speed and accuracy through voice recognition software reviews.
- Compatible with Multiple Devices- You need to ensure that your voice activation software is compatible with most devices, whether you are using a laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Price- It is a pleasure to note that there are many options for selecting the best free speech recognition software. You can also first use the trial version before subscribing to the tool according to your specific needs.
- Support- You need to consider the type of customer support available from the concerned vendor. Most vendors offer email, and telephonic support live a few provide live chat facilities.
The cost of speech recognition software depends on various variable factors. You can even explore the top free and open source speech recognition software such as Simon, Kaldi, Mozilla, Mycroft, Dictation Bridge, and others.
But the ones with more exclusive features are Dragon NaturallySpeaking, iSpeech Translator, and Speechmatics. You will have to get in touch with the concerned software vendor to know the exact pricing details.
GoodFirms is one of the most reliable and leading research and review platforms that has helped software buyers and service seekers select optimum options. It also allows the IT firms and digital marketing companies to grow organically and boost their online presence.
The GoodFirms team has provided a list of speech recognition software that will help business organizations, government agencies, and other industry experts to select the best tool based on their specific needs.