8allocate is a software development company, established in 2015 and headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia, with R&D Centers in Poland, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, and LATAM. Specializing in providing top-class software engineering teams, we are deeply committed to driving digital transformation in FinTech, EdTech, and other high-growth industries.
Our primary goal is to empower businesses to bring their digital ideas to life, tailoring our services to companies of all sizes, from nimble startups and ambitious scale-ups to well-established enterprises and multinational organizations.
- Mobile App Development
- IT Services
- Web Development
- Testing Services
- Software Development
- Small Business
- Large Business
- Medium Business
8allocate Executive Interview
A role of a CEO is not constant, it depends on an organisation’s life cycle. Every stage needs different roles, even different psychotypes, and those things change as a company grows. When I first started I was a one man show so I was a salesman, an accountant, a financial operationist, a project manager, a marketing specialist. There are 10-15 functions in any company, so when we started as a CEO I was figuratively speaking wearing 10 hats at the same time, and had 5 more in the closet. But as Elon Musk said in his interview with Joe Rogan what makes a growing company successful is access to capital and talent. So when I decided to hire the first employee I also had to take on the responsibilities of an HR manager and a recruiter, but ultimately that first person took ownership of several functions. And after that the other talented people joining the team started to take my hats off my head and wear them themselves. Now I only wear a couple – strategic growth, development, hiring the right people, maintaining the company culture, and last but not least I still take part in the sales process.
Being an outsource is currently the best match to the Ukrainian economic context.
On the other hand there are many companies on the Ukrainian outsource market that constantly undercut each other's prices, steal each other's clients, overheat the market, and drain the supply of tech talent. That’s why we aren’t only building an outsource software house but are building it in conjunction with GoIT, our software development school. Right as of this moment the connection between 8allocate and GoIT is not as strong as we would like it to be but strategically in 10 years we are striving to build an ecosystem that doesn’t only drain the talent market but allows us to teach our own developers, and place them in great international projects.
- Flexibility of engagement models - managed projects, ad hoc resources, oustaff, unlike competitors who often focus on only one model.
- Cheap but very talented junior developers from our coding school GoIT.
- We work in close partnership with our daughter company Pixready who can provide high quality 3D and marketing materials for our clients.
- A brand promise that within 72 hours your requested resource can start working on your project.
- It’s company policy to not take people off projects, and not to shuffle staff around, so if the developer was hired for your project they will stay on it for as long as you require their services.
- We mix working from the office with remote work (approved with the client) which allows us to access talented developers from all parts of Ukraine, not just the capital, and therefore recruit faster and cheaper.
- 100% of our developers speak English.
- Python. It is omnipresent and used in many areas of software development, with no sign of slowing down. Besides, Python has a very active community and support. We can find Python libraries and frameworks for basically any task, from Enterprise Applications, to Data Science, to Artificial Intelligence.
- Java. In our company Java is widely used for building enterprise-scale web applications. Java is extremely stable, scalable, and reliable, so if you plan for your project to grow you can’t go wrong with this technology.
- All Services
- Software Development
- AR & VR Development
- Most Recent
- Rating: high to low
- Rating: low to high
The teams of 8allocate are highly potent and offer great service within budget.
Describe your project in brief
For the next award ceremony of the company we booked a grand space that had multiple exits and entries with stays which could potentially confuse guests. We needed an AR Application to guide guests through and consist of all the major and minor updates of the event.
What is it about the company that you appreciate the most?
The team was in constant communication about progress, specifics, and issues, which allowed for seamless progress.
Working with their skilled team provided unrivalled industry and technical understanding.
What was it about the company that you didn't like which they should do better?
Working with them was absolutely amazing. We faced no issues whatsoever.
8allocate, reliable tech talent provider and a co-creator
The developers are of high quality, managers and recruiters are exceptional when it comes to speed and quality of hiring, which makes 8allocate a reliable vendor we can use as a one-stop shop for our software team needs.
I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking to bridge skill gaps on their teams fast and cost-effectively without any compromise on quality.
8allocate: a true partner
When augmenting our own R&D, the ability to trust who we work with on our IP (read: business) is paramount - and in that 8allocate never failed us. We knew that they will work should-to-shoulder with us, and if & when there was a problem, they would own it and see that it is resolved. Everyone we worked with, from the top down, was nice, helpful, and cared about our joint success. I have personally recommended them to multiple fellow founders, and will continue to do so.