Kindly share your feedback on how GoodFirms has been doing so far in increasing your visibility among potential clients.
One of the main sources where potential partners can check and confirm our experience and portfolio cases.
Please introduce your company and give a brief about your role within the organization.
CodeLions is a software development company specializing in web and mobile for Startups and small/medium-size businesses. We focus on custom software development, DevOps, consulting, and outsourcing to ensure the best service and support for our clients. We build trust, business value, and long relationships with our clients. The main value of our services - we help our clients to save their time and money as findings good specialists and focus that energy and time on their business growth.
I am the CEO/CTO of the company.
What is the story behind starting this company?
I was a freelancer as a full-stack developer in the past. Being passionate about delivering great service and help my clients to grow their ideas and businesses I got more requests than could handle. As a result, we became a company of dedicated professionals who shared the same values and providing the best results to our clients.
What are your company’s business model–in house team or third party vendors/ outsourcing?
From the very beginning, CodeLions provides remote software development services. Our motto is: When you GROW we keep you FOCUSED. We became a long-term IT partner for every client and support them with outsourcing or outstaff services.
How does your company differentiate itself from the competition?
- We treat every project as our own and make it the best we could. We provide ideas and suggestions and care about the final result.
- Our focus is on long-term cooperation and the client’s business growth.
- We build trust. If there is some more optimal way to achieve the goal faster - we say that so the customer understands all options.
- We deliver value to our clients by thinking out of the box.
What industries do you generally cater to? Are your customers repetitive? If yes, what ratio of clients has been repetitive to you?
CodeLions got good experience in the next domains: SportTech, FinTech, E-Learning, E-Commerce, Cloud, and SaaS. We help Startups, small and mid-size businesses to Increase their REVENUE, SCALE their product, and ACQUIRE new clients by fast prototyping and testing their ideas via digital solutions, and sharing our expertise. As a result, our latest client was able to test his product in 3 months after the start and saved 70% of the budget comparing with the usual approach or development. That allowed him to raise the investment 6 months faster and scale the project's 5X within the next year.
Having built great relationships with every client we have them repetitive for a long time as well as they are referring us to others. As from the last year, we could say it happened for 70+% of our clients.
Please share some of the services that you offer for which clients approach you the most for?
It depends on what problem are we solving. This question is the top 1 in the cooperation with everyone. We identified a few problems and proposing solutions based on them:
- Lack of focus on product sale/marketing. We provide a dedicated team and processes to cover the development side of the product so our clients dedicate more time to sales & marketing to make a product successful on the market.
- Lack of IT knowledge. Many clients got an idea and budget but don’t know how is it going to be done on the technical side. We propose the discovery phase and provide detailed research about their startup for letting them understand all risks and bottlenecks as well as the most optimal way to implement the solution.
- Lack of dedicated team. Fast growth requires team growth. It brings additional stress on the business owners thinking about budgets and processes or recruitment, HR, benefits and tech support, office and legal overheads. On the other hand, CodeLions as a reliable partner covers those things by providing simply understanding the way of team extension using remote professionals from Ukraine with just one rate (hourly/weekly/monthly).
What is your customer satisfaction rate according to you? What steps do you take to cater to your customer’s needs and requirements?
Customer satisfaction is the most important in our cooperation. We keep it high (more than 80%) and try always to do our best to make customers happy. The steps set is pretty simple:
- Identify the need under each change request from the customer side. Every and each request brings some need underneath. We analyze it deeply to find the need and propose the best solution.
- Having our client a part of the team. The client feels like part of the team, understands all processes, and participates effectively.
- Frequent reports and statuses. We provide daily statuses and sprint planning and results reports so all stakeholders are aware of what is happening and what to expect.
- Delivering value. Making the extra mile, getting over the client’s expectations, and helping the business grow are the main criteria we follow and measure.
What kind of support system do you offer to your clients for catering to their queries and issues?
CodeLions team is flexible in this question. We recommend using Atlassian products but it is not the only way. Trello, GitLab backlog, Asana, and another work fine as well if the client used to work with that before. For communication, we prefer using Slack and/or Skype.
What kind of payment structure do you follow to bill your clients? Is it Pay per Feature, Fixed Cost, Pay per Milestone (could be in phases, months, versions etc.)
The payment structure is flexible and depends on the project’s specifics and the client’s preferences. We got used to milestone payments and monthly payments as well. For some clients, biweekly payments work just great.
Do you take in projects which meet your basic budget requirement? If yes, what is the minimum requirement? If no, on what minimum budget you have worked for?
We are flexible in terms of minimum budget, but from our experience, $10,000 would be our bottom line.
What is the price range (min and max) of the projects that you catered to in 2020?
Our projects ranged between 15k USD and 200k USD.
Where do you see your company in the next 10 years?
Our vision is To be a global reliable technology Partner for our Clients helping their businesses GROW.