Please introduce your company and give a brief about your role within the company?
Chapter247 Infotech, also known as c247, is an organization driven by determined and self-motivated creative problem-solving individuals. With an aim to help enterprises grow digitally beyond boundaries, we work on structuring their business operations with Enterprise mobility, IT Strategy & Consulting, Custom Software Development, and Cloud Computing. Our team at Chapter247 comprises of 50+ Technical experts holding an average experience of 6 years. We are proud to serve clients across 15 countries that are spread around 4 continents, by completing over 800 projects in a span of 6 years.
At Chapter247, we believe in working with vigor and enthusiasm, seeking constant motivation from each other to grow together. We do not shy in working on out of the box ideas, making them feasible using modern technology. We follow Agile Methodologies to optimize our deliveries.
Being the co-founder of Chapter247, I lead the business development division where I am looking forward to expanding our business prospects globally exploring new opportunities and ventures. To attain this I prepare the client proposals offering them the best deals and finalizing them with efficiency until the final delivery, for the utmost satisfaction of our clients. I have been a Business Analyst with an industry experience of a decade that I use promptly to create new opportunities and building new business networks. I have been providing consultation to clients on their business requirements and conducting various workshops with the project stakeholders to ensure seamless communication with the clients.
I ensure the business requirements are well communicated within the team in the form of Technical Requirements that optimize the deliverables. My team ensures we capture even the slightest details because we feel the quality of the product lies in its details. I eye long-term visions and make small targets for the team that matches the vision. We believe in steady and sustainable growth at Chapter247 and make sure we achieve it with our perseverance and dedication.
What was the idea behind starting this organization?
Our brainchild Chapter247 has been a result of our constant brainstorming and perseverance in following our goals. The idea of creating a full-fledged development backend office for the prospective offshore vendors that could help start-ups across the globe in transforming their idea into digital operational custom software led us in starting Chapter247.
Our idea was to help enterprises across different industries to upgrade their IT infrastructure to match up the latest technology trends that revolutionized the global market significantly. With our functional custom software i.e. website and mobile app, businesses could expand their horizons over a global digital platform in a cost-efficient manner.
It was this thought to bring a digital revolution at affordable costs to the budding businesses and enable them for growth and expansion, led us in materializing our idea to establish Chapter247, 6 years back.
What is your company’s business model–in house team or third party vendors/ outsourcing?
At Chapter247, we have an in house team of 50+ professionals that are capable of making end-to-end deliveries which include consultancy, designing, development, launching, maintenance, and upgrading existing applications of our clients. Thereby, helping us grow together as our clients grow.
How is your business model beneficial from a value addition perspective to the clients compared to other companies' models?
Not every client has the same requirements. Keeping this in mind, we offer the flexibility of choice to our clients in the form of our engagement/business models. These models add value to the clients, as they choose and pay for only the services they require for their project.
• Digital Strategy & Consultation: Here we work closely with the clients providing them the services such as potential consumer research, audits, digital consultation, marketing strategies for better online visibility, usability acceptance testing, exploring creative ideas, and plan of action for product development. These services are provided via sessions, workshops, and strategic consultation.
• Planning & Prototyping: For the budding enterprises who are looking for prototyping their ideas and vision we offer services such as exploration, research and analysis, project planning, UX design, Content strategy, Requirement Analysis, and Technology-based research.
• Design and Build: This service builds your product right from the scratch until its launch in the market. We help enterprises built their SaaS products, create new MVP platforms, Enterprise CMS at scale, and integrated systems that are built using modern technology for a robust and secure end product. Once we develop the product, we provide Knowledge Transfer to your employees and hand over the product. We perform testing and also provide after delivery services until the determined period.
• Agile Services on Monthly basis: This is meant for long-term engagements that last for several months. Here we offer direct collaboration in conception and estimation of tasks, requirement gathering, strategizing, maintaining the plan of action, adding features to your products upcoming versions, and maintaining Sprint release schedules.
What industries do you generally cater to? Are your customers repetitive?
We have been catering our services to several industries such as:
• Support Automation: Using bots and AI, support can be automated making the whole process easier for the business. We have developed automated chat bot, which automatically replies to the queries asked by the end user with relevant solutions in time by using Artificial Intelligence. This decreases human intervention required to support the constant bulk queries by the end customers. It also keeps the support active even when the support personnel is offline.
• Edu-Tech: We build Education software that teaches its students online. Such software uses smart teaching methods that help the students to learn on the go without using books. They also provide necessary exercises and assessments through the entire learning process. Edu-Tech is an emerging industry, which shall be the future of learning. Having done projects in Edu-Tech would help us leverage the upcoming opportunities in the industry.
• Logistics: Custom Software for the logistics industry lets the end user select the logistics service they would want, enabling them to ship their parcels at an ease. Also by putting in details of their consignment, they can track the current status. Mapping the entire logistics process and making software that connects every step of the process and provides live status. This is bringing revolution in the logistics industry by making it organized and well connected.
• Manufacturing: Manufacturing industry is going online for the sale of its products globally without any location constraints. Websites that let the end user understand the nature of products that the enterprise offers and lets them place their order has been helping the manufacturing industries especially SMEs in expanding their market and customer base.
Yes! We do get repetitive customers as they are highly impressed and satisfied with the services we provide. So, whenever our clients think of upgrading their software, they contact us to do it for them. This is how we leverage customer satisfaction for references and repeat business.
Mention the objectives or the parameters critical in determining the time frame of developing a web app.
Determining the time frame of the project could be tricky and needs to be done precisely as the entire timeline and lots of business-related events rely on the same. Here are a few parameters we consider while determining the time frame of a project:
• Understanding their Key concept: Everything relies on the business model or the key idea behind the business. Until you won’t get a clear understanding of it, the software you’d develop might not be able to meet the requirements and might require constant iterations. The better you understand the idea, the more precise your time frame estimate would be.
• Operational Flow: The data flow depends a lot on the operational flow of the enterprise, like how the different departments are interconnected. This would help you understand the required data flow that you have to maintain during the development. Getting a clear picture of the operational flow lets you understand how easy or complex the design would be so that you can give the estimate of the time frame.
• Features: Based on the number of features that are to be included in the software, the time frame varies. For a higher number of complex features, it might take more time to develop than a lesser number of features.
• Third Party Integrations: Time frame also depends upon how many Third Party Integrations are to be done in the software and the third parties that are involved in it.
• Security and robustness: Depending upon the criticality of security concerns, the time spent on making the software secured and data leak-proof could be determined.
• User Interface Requirements: The complex the UI, the more time it would take for designing and developing it. If the UI is minimal, then the time frame gets reduced significantly. It is one of the reasons why minimalist UIs is highly preferred.
• Tech Stack: A lot even depends upon which tech stack you choose. Depending upon how well versed the team is and which stack (whether LAMP or MERN) they choose, time estimate might vary in either case.
• Team Availability: Last but not least, with several ongoing projects it is important that the team is readily available to start as soon as possible. Depending on the availability the project would commence and hence the time frame could be determined from there on.
How much effort in terms of time goes into developing the front end and back end of a web app?
Well, this primarily depends upon the kind of web app we are looking forward to developing. The case of time required to develop each kind of app varies, mostly due to the custom requirements which is the deciding factor for the effort in terms of time that the project requires.
What are the key parameters to be considered before selecting the right platform for a web application?
Although all the custom web applications can be developed using MERN and LAMP stack yet one has to choose either to proceed with the web application development. The parameters which are to be considered before we select the right platform for a web application consists of whether any Platform Specific UI is required or not, the content types such as video/audio rendering, text, images, etc. that has to be used in the app, Third Party Integrations if any, integration with maps and any advanced network access requirements at socket level. At the same time, other parameters such as Performance and content delivery, budget, business model, industry type, scalability and feature add-on in the near future are also taken into consideration.
Which platform and technologies do you prefer to use in development of your web apps?
We at Chapter247 develop the web apps using the platforms and technologies such as: PHP (OOPS development process), CodeIgniter, Laravel, Node.js (express and loopback), React.js (redux), Angular.js, vue.js, MERN Stack, MEAN Stack, LAMP Stack, HTML5, CSS3 (Bootstrap), Photoshop and Indesign.
Do you offer website design templates or customised website design, and do you have a responsive website design?
We offer Website Design Templates which are UX prototypes based on the idea and concept of the business model. We also offer Customised website design which is made keeping in mind the business and UI requirements of the client. At the same time, we ensure that the website design we deliver is Responsive i.e. compatible with the various browsers and devices.
Which Content Management System do you prefer to use (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal etc)?
We at Chapter247 prefer to use Wordpress and custom content management system (C247 CMS) over others.
Do you provide website maintenance services?
Yes! We do provide website maintenance services.
What are the key factors that you consider before deciding the cost of a web application?
Various factors contribute to the cost of a web application development, primarily the time, resources and infrastructure required for the development of web application. Other costs include taxes, profit margins, training costs if any and other operational costs during the tenure of the project.
What kind of payment structure do you follow to bill your clients? Is it Pay per Feature, Fixed Cost, Pay per Milestone (could be in phases, months, versions etc.)
The payment structure completely depends upon the engagement model which the client chooses to proceed with. Based on that the payment incurred is either fixed cost, pay per feature, pay per milestone, full time hiring or hourly hiring however, it is decided at the time of negotiation.
Do you take in projects which meet your basic budget requirement? If yes, what is the minimum requirement? If no, on what minimum budget you have worked for?
Yes, the projects we accept has to abide by our minimum basic budget requirement which is $5,000 USD, while on a higher side that largely depends on the scale and complexity of the project.
What is the price range (min and max) of the projects that you catered to in2018?
In the year 2018, the price range of the projects that we delivered started from $5,000 USD and went up to as high as $300,000 USD.
Kindly share your feedback on how GoodFirms has been doing so far in increasingyour visibility among potential clients.
While choosing the software development company, clients often look for credibility as an important criterion. To land a good project, one needs testimonials and authentic reviews which could reflect the due credibility of the company. This is how GoodFirms has been helping us. Being a popular platform in the market especially among the entrepreneurs, featuring on GoodFirms surely help in increasing the visibility among the potential clients with the help of the testimonials and portfolio for the company.