Best Webinar Software
Are you scouring through tons of webinar platforms for an intuitive one? If you are, GoodFirms is here to simplify your search efforts by listing the best Webinar Software available in the market. Some of the key features a webinar solution must have are mobile access, presentation streaming, HD screen, real-time chat, two-way audio & video, group collaboration, whiteboarding, desktop/application sharing, record & playback ability, video conferencing, and display of keynotes. Along with these, the best webinar tools are intuitive in terms of purpose, tracking capabilities, and smart connectivity. With the help of software details and client reviews, one can analyze each of the below-listed webinar services platforms and select the best one:
List of Best Webinar Platforms | Top Webinar Tools
List of Best Webinar Platforms | Top Webinar ToolsFilter
- Video Conferencing for the Digital Workplace
BlueJeans is the meetings platform for the modern workplace. We bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day. The first cloud service to connect desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want. It is the meeting solut... learn more about BlueJeans"Consistent, user friendly and reliable platform"Nipon Das, CEO at LupagenVisit websiteFree TrialAvailableEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Call, message, meet – anytime, anywhere.
Cisco Webex is the leading enterprise solution for video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinars. Teams and teamwork, together at last. Meet, create and communicate all in one platform designed to fit the way you work.... learn more about Cisco Webex"Excelent Meeting Tool"Oscar AvelarVisit websiteFree Trial90 daysEntry Level Price$13.50 per Month
- The best digital experiences are buil with ON24
ON24 is on a mission to redefine how organizations engage with their audiences, powering interactive, data-rich webinars and content experiences that help people connect on a more human level and make smarter business decisions. Through the ON24 Platform, marketers can create Live, always on, and personalized digital experiences, understand audience behavior and turn that intelligence into action.... learn more about ON24"Works, but has some issues."Bryan Crowe, Digital & Video Specialist at Allured Business Media
- The #1 Webinar Hosting & Automation Platform
BigMarker is the world's only full-stack webinar hosting, marketing & automation platform.Companies and universities use BigMarker to host live, on-demand, and automated online presentations, trainings and events, creating meaningful conversations with leads, customers, and other vital stakeholders. ... learn more about BigMarker"Industry standard for digital meetings, events, and webinars"DREW DONALDSONVisit websiteFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$79 per Year
- Helping SaaS, SMBs and enterprise companies alike.
At Livestorm we help companies get the most of their webinars. Our mission is to make your webinars simpler and more efficient.At Livestorm, we strive to build the best experience possible for our users. We focus on design, high disponibility, and technical capabilities so that you only have to focus on doing great webinars for your company. ... learn more about Livestorm"Livestorm offers services for any business looking to hold a safe and secure web conference."Ludovic Rembert , Founder at Privacy Canada and Security Analyst
- Host no-delay live and simulated live webinars
JetWebinar is the leading webinar marketing automation software on the market today. Our unique platform empowers marketers with the efficiency and ease of use of marketing automation combined with the effectiveness of virtual webinar presentations. ... learn more about JetWebinar"HORRIBLE SUPPORT"Marc Garcia, President at Nueva Vida Media LLCVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$63.00 per Month
- Webinar Your Way
ClickMeeting is a browser-based platform for hosting webinars and training sessions. Since the platform is browser-based ClickMeeting works on all devices and operating systems. It also does not require software installation. Its user interface has all the tools necessary to make webinars engaging for attendees and cost-effective for organizers. ... learn more about ClickMeetingVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$25 per Month
- A robust webinar and video conferencing solution.
A robust in-browser solution for your next webinar, meeting, or video conference. Host up to 10,000 attendees in confidence with a market-leading uptime of 99.98%. No installation required with access from any device or browser (16 languages supported). Find all your favorite features including Q&A, live chat, screen sharing, cloud recording, quizzes, whiteboard, and much more. MyOwnConference off... learn more about MyOwnConferenceVisit websiteFree Trial365 daysEntry Level Price$36 per Month
- Full stack cloud communications
ReadyTalk is a one-stop cloud communications provider in downtown Denver, Colorado that provides unified communications through audio, web and video conferencing, webinars and webcasts.ReadyTalk became a part of PGi, the world’s largest dedicated provider of collaboration software and services. PGi began in 1991 with a simple goal: to help people and businesses connect and collaborate. ... learn more about ReadytalkVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$99 per Month
- Open source web conferencing.
Openmeetings provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.... learn more about OpenMeetings
- Multi-platform open-source video conferencing.
At Jitsi, we believe every video chat should look and sound amazing, between two people or 200. Whether you want to build your own massively multi-user video conference client or use ours, all our tools are 100% free, open source, and WebRTC compatible.... learn more about Jitsi
- Open source web conferencing system.
Mconf is an open source web conference system. Mconf is composed of several components, among them are Mconf-Live, a customized version of BigBlueButton that includes several new features, and Mconf-Web, a web portal where people can collaborate asynchronously, schedule and participate in web conferences. ... learn more about Mconf
- Screen Sharing has never been so easy
As the core technology behind online meetings, free screen sharing software allows users to view and share a computer desktop as well as transfer the control to another connected individual. Free screen sharing software is particularly useful in facilitating online sales demos, web conferences, and training of individuals and groups alike.... learn more about Mikogo
- Webinars for Everyone
WebinarJam offers a competitive, low-cost webinar broadcasting solution with a robust feature set perfect for product promotions. Create your webinars "on the spot" or schedule them for a later time.WebinarJam's carefully optimized yet robust Broadcast Distribution Technology is unique because the signal it creates is universal. ... learn more about WebinarJam
- A Webinar Platform Built for Marketing
Demio is a webinar platform built for marketers to engage and convert their audiences through live conversations.We make it easy for marketers to run effective webinars by providing a reliable experience, reducing setup time, and fueling results through marketing-focused features. ... learn more about DemioVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$34.00 per Month
- Quick & Easy Video Meetings for Your Home Office
The Austrian company eyeson developed a unique group video call & multi-speaker webinar tool which is based on its patented Single Stream technology. HD video & audio is always guaranteed, as the bandwidth and CPU remain constantly low. ... learn more about EyesonVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$9 per Month
- Looking for virtual events software?
6Connex is a global software and services provider for enterprise online events. Our cloud-based product portfolio includes virtual environments, learning management and webinars. Designed for marketing, sales, recruitment, training and HR communications, we transform big ideas into real-world results.... learn more about 6Connex
- Webinars that transform your business.
Host webinars to educate and engage your leads. Broadcast your screen, launch polls, and answer questions in real time. Record, watch, and share your webinars online. Analyze reports to identify and convert genuine leads to loyal customers. ... learn more about Zoho MeetingVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$3 per Month
- Adobe Connect empowers you to create exceptional digital training, webinar.
Adobe is the global leader in digital media and digital marketing solutions. Our creative, marketing and document solutions empower everyone – from emerging artists to global brands – to bring digital creations to life and deliver immersive, compelling experiences to the right person at the right moment for the best results.... learn more about Adobe ConnectVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Web Analysis for Yugma
FREE Web Conferencing, online meetings and web collaboration services for Mac, Windows and Linux. Easy, interactive, and secure. Has everything you need. Ideal for businesses, education and online comunities, 50% off promotion for new users. ... learn more about Yugma
- Join a customized room and run live webinars without any installation and download.
With LiveWebinar you can run a webinar with one click without installing any software. Join a room and meet face to face with your clients from any location, operating system and device (computers, mobiles, SMART TV’s). This easy-to-use webinar platform adapts to all existing systems and allows promoting products or services, onboarding new team members, improving sales and team collaboration... learn more about LiveWebinarVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$14.99 per Month
- Powerful Webinars for Training & Coaching.
WebinarNinja easily allows you to host, share, and attend webinars with no worries. It's an all-in-one platform which gives you everything you need to run your webinars. Live, Automated, Hybrid, Series or Summits, it's all inside. Whether you’re just getting started or have been doing webinars for a while, our powerful platform helps your business & brand grow.... learn more about WebinarNinjaVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$39 per Month
- A TV studio. On your iPad.
Transform your company's communications with TouchCast. Make them more expressive, more memorable, and more human. With Touchcast Studio, you have the power of a high-end TV studio at your fingertips. Record a video, edit clips, and add dynamic, interactive features like soundtracks, graphics, and web pages directly from your iPad.... learn more about Touchcast studioVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$24 per Month
- Superior collaboration experience with HD voice and video
C-Meeting operators help organizers with setting up and managing the session. Participants are invited to join in advance and prepare for the session. Web conferencing solution with HD audio, screen sharing, video, LIVE ASSISTANCE, chat, recording & playback, and more!... learn more about C-Meeting
- Learning Focused Video Platform
Lecture Capture, Classroom Recording and Virtual Classroom. We offer a platform to create and launch online courses, with deep virtual classroom capabilities. Impartus provides a platform to launch online courses, wherein institutions can conduct both live online sessions as well as on-demand video based learning.... learn more about Impartus Virtual ClassroomVisit websiteFree TrialAvailableEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- The World Leader In Conferencing
Share presentations, documents, software applications, web-browser or entire desktop live online with anyone on any desktop or mobile device. Communique Conferencing realizes that one size does not fit all when it comes to Web conferencing solutions. No conferencing system excels at everything and there is no single “best” product that is ideal for every situation. One solution might work best... learn more about Webcast Elite
- Video Conferencing Software
TelebuJoin is an online cloud meeting platform that helps you connect, discuss & build relationships from anywhere, on the go. Join offers you the ability to Video Conference, Host Webinars & Broadcast events Features of Video Conferencing Click to Join No Downloads required for host or participants. Just Click the link to Join. Interactive Webinars Connect with a large crowd using webina... learn more about TelebuJoinVisit websiteFree Trial1 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Make an impact with your live streams
Andrew Surzynskyi and Alexander Khuda founded Restream in 2015 with an obsession to help streamers get a wider audience. Focusing first on the gaming community, and building initially a free product, they soon saw the potential of how Restream could help in all kind of circumstances – from every day IRL streaming to professional keynote broadcasting. Over the next 5 years, Restream flouris... learn more about Restream
- Creators, your stage is ready
Crowdcast hosts over 3,000 live events with 200,000 live attendees every month. We have events led by creators, non-profits, startups, and enterprise companies. Crowdcast is home to live shows, Q&As, presentations, online concerts, summits, and much more.... learn more about CrowdcastVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$20 per Month
- A one-stop solution to serve all your virtual event needs!
With a vision to strengthen in India and establish across the globe market leadership in the DIY event space, BookMyShow and Townscript entered into a strategic investment partnership in 2016. With strategic investment in Townscript, BookMyShow has provided Townscript with necessary resources to take bold steps in product, operations, marketing and technology innovations. The synergy between the t... learn more about Townscript Live
- Easy-to-use webinar software with powerful marketing tools
We believe that a webinar can be an added value to any organisation. Software may never be the reason to not start with webinars. This is why we are developing software that not only is user friendly, but is also pleasant to work with and can help being succesful. Our goal is to humanize organisations. To put a face on them. And to show that it is possible to be personal online. To have real in... learn more about WebinarGeekVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$9 per Month
- Funnel more leads in less time with live automated webinars
Geoff is a marketer and was a Hypnotist who was also the creator of the top Internet resource for operating and marketing successful hypnosis businesses. As someone who had many customers relying on him to create and deliver content in a ti mely manner, Geoff had wanted to automate his webinars. He was shocked to find out that no service was available to do so. Being an automation guy himself, it ... learn more about StealthSeminarVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$69.95 per Month
- Online meetings made easy
• Forget about a console. Change webinar parameters directly and simply from the website. • 3 types of access to webinar (open for all, closed list, approval required) • Connect to your BBB via SSH from the website • Watch webinar recording online • Download webinar record as MP4 file • Upload video to YouTube from the website • Download webinars records even if not recorded us... learn more about CreateWebinar
- Online summits, made simple.
Share your thought-leadership with your audience, increasing your reach by making an impact with carbon neutral conferencing. HeySummit is designed to take the heavy lifting out of creating, managing, running and analysing your online summits. Focused on delivering an exceptional attendee and speaker experience, we give you the tools you need to meet your goals.... learn more about HeySummitVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$29 per Month
- Your webinar improved with the best tools in the world.
Webinar.Center allows the use of YouTube as a video transmission server. Take advantage of the power of YouTube to enhance the quality of your webinar.... learn more about Webinar Center
- A Complete Continuing Education Solution
BeaconLive provides content delivery services for lead generation & marketing automation, training, continuing education and distance learning. Our best-in-class tools which assist our customers in achieving these business goals include webinars & webcasts, podcasts, videos, on-demand programs and a course catalog. We offer both self-managed and full service solutions, and our cloud-based central ... learn more about Beacon360
- Finally a Simple, Affordable Webinar Solution
Discover the best webinar software for your business Finally, tools to monetize every single webinar you host Personal branding, bigger rooms, half the cost... learn more about Webinars OnAirVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$19.97 per Month
- Impact your audience in a different way
Our mission is to allow people and businesses to disseminate and abolve knowledge through broadcasting webinars, courses, speeches and online events. We amplify knowledge using "live" video and the web 2.0, allied with a simple and elegant design, we make knowledge accessible from anywhere, at any time and for everybody. We built the best platform to participate in, organise and share knowle... learn more about EventialsVisit websiteFree Trial10 daysEntry Level Price$69 per Month
- A cloud solution to organize your online meetings with legal value!
The technological integration between BitMeeting® and the CLIOedu MediaBooks allows you to combine the live sessions with a series of training modules in e-learning on demand, through a two-way flow (teacher - learners) with video, audio, file sharing and text chat , without place or time constraints.... learn more about BitMeetingVisit websiteFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$65.44 per Month
- The Chat Platform for Live Events
Founded in 2007 by Amazon.com software engineers, Chatroll is a leader in bringing true real-time experiences to the web. We are pioneers in real-time cloud technology — a passion for innovation, beautiful design and elegant engineering is in our DNA. Today, Chatroll has grown to become a leading platform for live events, powering live experiences for thousands of forward-thinking brands and ... learn more about Chatroll
- Undisputed market leader in professional webcasts & webinars
As the market leader for high-end webinars and webcasts, we serve more than 300 mid-sized and large organisations as well as local government authorities. With more than 10,000 live webinars and webcasts annually, we work with virtually every major corporation.... learn more about Company Webcast
- Professional Webcasting Software and Services
GlobalMeet® Webcast, formerly Talkpoint, is the global standard for live webcasting and video streaming for enterprise and Fortune™ 500 companies. The cloud-based SaaS webcast platform provides businesses with an easy-to-use, secure and scalable environment to produce high-profile, engaging webcasts for thousands of attendees worldwide.... learn more about GlobalMeet
- No More Boring Meetings!
The Conference Group is proud to provide you with the sophisticated technology needed to enable industry-leading conference call, webinar and video meeting solutions. With our help, you can leverage the power of a conference call to help your business succeed on a global scale. Whether you need to host a web conference, audio conference call or a full high-quality video conference, we have the per... learn more about Together Talk LiveVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$12.99 per Month
- Secure Video Conferencing, made easy!
We are a Bangalore based Live Video platform that provides a simple widget that integrates live video into your website in less than a minute. We also provide a SDK which allows you to create powerful and flexible applications with live video at it's core.... learn more about VidphonVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$4.35 per Month
- Webinar Solution
A webinar is an educational, informative or instructional presentation that is made available online, usually as either video or audio with slides. A webinar may take the form of an academic lecture or some other type of presentation, such as a business conference. Because webinar attendees connect online, they can use Internet-based technologies to enhance the experience, for example, commun... learn more about VMukti Webinar
- An Easy-to-Use Platform That Makes High Converting Webinars a Reality
All traffic and media between EasyWebinar and the DOLBY service is encrypted using industry standard protocols. All media between the client and server uses standard protocols (DTLS/SRTP) encrypted with 128 bit AES. All API traffic is encrypted between the client and server is transported over an encrypted HTTPS connection.... learn more about EasyWebinarVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$78 per Month
- Earn More Without Working More
At Genesis Digital, our goal is simple: To evolve your business with a suite of SaaS eCommerce solutions to an ever growing market of innovators. With complete webinar authoring and hosting tools like WebinarJam and advanced automated solutions like EverWebinar the process of creating and sharing your live content is simple and direct.... learn more about EverWebinarVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$199 per Year
- Put your video to work
Flawless, secure live streaming for your all-hands and events Create and grow your video subscription business and monetize your content with apps Integrate video within your custom-built apps, get more storage or bandwidth, or add more users.... learn more about LivestreamVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$75 per Month
- Introduction to the Buyer’s Guide for Webinar Software
- What is a webinar?
- What is the purpose of a webinar?
- What are the various types of webinar content?
- What challenges are faced while conducting a webinar?
- What is a Webinar Software?
- How to create an effective webinar using the webinar software?
- What are the benefits of Webinar software?
- Who can use the webinar software?
- What is the difference between a webinar and an online meeting?
- Which factors to consider before selecting a suitable webinar software?
- What are the features you should look at before buying a Webinar Software?
- What types of third-party application integrations can help in achieving maximum benefit from a webinar software?
- What is the average cost of buying a webinar software?
- Why refer to GoodFirms’ list of Webinar software?
Introduction to the Buyer’s Guide for Webinar Software
A webinar is a seminar held digitally and attended by remote participants using the internet. It can accommodate worldwide audiences and is more interactive and cost-efficient than the physical seminar. It is a popular marketing tool widely used for demand generation strategies. It is also a sophisticated tool for training and educational activities.
Webinar software or an online webinar platform is essential for hosting a webinar. Webinar software provides a hassle-free hosting of webinars by efficiently managing all webinar activities under one roof. Marketers and trainers are continually searching for the best webinar platforms to connect directly with the target audience and establish credibility for their brands. With a plethora of webinar software platforms available in the market, it can be confusing to choose and deploy the best webinar software for one’s business needs. Therefore, this buyer's guide for webinar software intends to be a helpful resource and guidance tool for those looking to find a robust webinar software. This guide details all essential aspects, features, functionalities, and factors one needs to know before investing in a webinar solution.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is a digital web event hosted to connect with the target audience. Marketers and webinar hosts identify and segregate the webinar attendees through demographic and marketing research. A lot of factors such as gender, age, location, profession, professional profile, etc. are analyzed to find and invite the most suitable target audience and prospective clients to the webinar.
The key terminology used with a webinar:
a. Webinar room
A webinar room is a web-page where the online webinar is held. It has a screen where presenters and attendees can collaborate and see each other virtually.
It consists of:
- Main window to host webinar content
- Grid view of participants and presenters
- Text chat screen
- Video chat screen
- Editing tools
b. On-demand webinar
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar broadcasted to audiences who sign up willingly to attend it. Attending a pre-recorded webinar is a practical solution for the people who have missed the opportunity to join a live webinar. Such webinars are edited to remove the technical issues and unwanted content of the actual webinar. Due to edits and cuts, on-demand webinars are comparatively of shorter duration than the live ones. It makes busier people prefer the on-demand webinar over the live webinars.
c. Webinar Landing page
A webinar landing page is a web page where the audience visits to sign up and register for the webinar. This page is crucial in webinar marketing as it is where the audience gets the first glimpse of what the webinar offers. The headline of this page showcases the unique selling proposition of the brand and tells the audience why they should attend it. This page displays the pictures of the speakers along with their credentials. It also has testimonials and reviews from the people who have attended the webinar previously.
d. Webinar Polls
Webinar polls are polls and surveys conducted during the webinar where audiences are given multiple-choice questions, and responses are gathered. Polls help webinar hosts and presenters better understand their audience and align content with the audience's needs.
e. Webinar Hosting
Webinar hosting means hosting and managing a webinar online. Using many online tools and software applications, and internet connection, marketers and trainers deliver a webinar to targeted audiences. The creation, distribution, and storage of the webinar and related files is primarily done on the webinar host's system. A computer system, headsets, HD cam, internet connection, and an online webinar platform is required to host a webinar.
f. Paid Webinar
Paid webinars are webinars where attendees pay to participate. These types of webinars are hosted by experts, renowned professionals, and popular bloggers who can expect the audience to pay for learning valuable skills or in-depth information about some topic.
g. Webinar timeline
Webinar timeline is a set of activities that start around eight weeks before hosting the webinar and continue even after the webinar is over. It is a timeline that lists down all activities that need to be completed before and after the webinar in a sequential manner. Check out a standard timeline format here.
h. Screen Sharing
Screen Sharing means sharing the webinar screen with the attendees. The host or presenters choose what elements from their main screen are shared with the attendees. Webinar hosts and presenters can choose to share the complete screen or partial screen with the attendees.
i. Webinar Script
Webinar script is the detailed script of the webinar that guides the presenters, hosts, and guest speakers to conduct the webinar without missing any important information.
What is the purpose of a webinar?
- Providing Training: Webinars are used to provide training and assistance for services. Training is the top webinar usage, with 46% of total webinars conducted for training purposes. Webinars are also used to demonstrate newly launched products and services. Such upkeep webinars help in customer onboarding.
- Attract new Prospective clients: Webinars provide brands an opportunity to give an educational tour of new schemes, products, or services to potential clients. Live webinars allow brands to engage their target audience in meaningful discussions. Webinars also provide brands an opportunity to answer customer queries. It also helps brands to generate and convert leads.
- Disseminate new ideas: Webinars give a human touch to your brand and provide an opportunity to disseminate new ideas to your clients. Using case studies, reports, group discussions, and presentations, companies can deliver valuable insights to the audience about their industry, products, and services.
- Attain measured goals: Some webinars are conducted to attain measurable goals. For instance, the goal of a webinar may be to increase customers’ brand awareness by 10% by the end of the year. For this, companies may decide to conduct one webinar per month for the whole year.
- Influence audience: Sometimes, influencers, renowned presenters, and subject matter experts are called in by the webinar hosts to share the expert advice that the masses trust. The audience can interact with the esteemed guest speakers and experts to clear doubts.
- Presenting a research finding: Many scientists and academic researchers present their findings and research analysis with fellow researchers, seniors, or approving authorities or research bodies via webinar.
In a nutshell, webinars are conducted with a variety of purposes-Product demos, knowledge sharing, lead generation, conducting online courses, monetizing expertise, onboarding, training, etc.
What are the various types of webinar content?
Slides are an important element of a webinar, and multiple slides are used to present different parts of a webinar.
- The title slide contains the name of the presenters, title of the webinar, and brand name and logo.
- The objective slide displays the agenda of the webinar in four to five points.
- Subject slides contain a description of the main topic.
- Call to action slides encourage the audience to ask questions and interact with the presenters.
Webinar presenters live stream pre-recorded videos or other video content as a supplementary material to share with the audience.
Live text chat with attendees for solving questions and replying to their comments makes the webinar alive and interactive.
Virtual whiteboards are used to write and draw by the presenters. While most of the content in a webinar is pre-recorded or available in slides and digital form, presenters also use virtual whiteboards to explain certain concepts in detail.
Webinar presenters use polls, multiple-choice questions, and quizzes during the session as interactive material to better gauge the audience's engagement with the overall presentation.
What challenges are faced while conducting a webinar?
Marketing the webinar
Promoting the webinar on channels such as online social media, client networks, emails, websites, etc. is a huge challenge.
Delivering the webinar within the scheduled time is crucial not only to retain the effectiveness but also to show respect to attendees' valuable time. Time management is also required to adhere to the timeline of the webinar. Keeping the optimal interval between the invitation date, last date to enroll and register, and the actual webinar date is also a challenge.
Technical issues while broadcasting:
During the live webinar, technical glitches may arise. Sound distortion, video getting blurred, poor internet connectivity, slow document upload, server issues, etc. may reduce the overall effectiveness of your webinar. Dealing with these issues is a challenge.
Measuring the performance of the webinar
Attendance bounce rate is a common issue that most webinar hosts face. There is a considerable gap sometimes in the number of people who register for the webinar and those who actually attend it. Measuring key performance metrics such as audience engagement level, attendance score, lead conversion rate, audience satisfaction level are difficult tasks.
Keeping the audience hooked
Creating high-quality content, simulative videos, GIFs, and a sound presentation is crucial not only for the success of the webinar but also to maintain your brand image. Keeping the audience engaged and interested in the webinar, and delivering compelling content is a great challenge.
Monetizing the Webinar
The most critical challenge for marketers and experts is to monetize the webinar.
- For marketers, it means to generate leads that can be converted into sales.
- For experts who deliver paid webinars, the challenge is to find a sufficient number of registrations to cover costs involved in delivering webinars and earning profits on top of it.
What is a Webinar Software?
Webinar software is a set of tools and applications designed to assist webinar hosts and presenters in creating, organizing, and managing their webinar activity.
Webinar software has complete tools to create, schedule, present, engage, and analyze the webinars. It takes care of the complete timeline of the webinar, right from inviting participants to the webinar event, engaging hundreds of attendees on a single screen, allowing multiple presenters and co-hosts to deliver the webinar till the final feedback analysis of the overall event.
Webinar software comes with various deployment models: Cloud-based, Web-based, On-premise, and Free and Open source Webinar software.
How to create an effective webinar using the webinar software?
Webinar software is a one-stop-solution for conducting engaging webinars. Follow the below steps to create an effective webinar using the webinar software:
Create a customized registration form with your brand’s name and logo using the inbuilt registration form templates of the webinar software. Add the names of the host, co-hosts, presenters, keynote speakers, and their credentials on the registration page. You can set rules, pre-requisites, and moderator policy to avoid spammers, unwanted audience members, unqualified registrants joining your webinar.
A webinar software integrates with your CRM software, social media handle, and web pages to fetch you a comprehensive lead list. Send email invites with the embedded registration links to the prospective clients, target audience, and contacts. Webinar software will send automated confirmation emails and thank you notes to those who have registered. Webinar software will also generate automated email notifications, reminders, and updates about your webinar.
Webinar login and attendance:
The attendee module will automatically enable the registered and verified participants to join your live webinar using the login and password provided to them. It will take attendance automatically.
With the presentation module and features of the webinar software, you or your presenters can deliver compelling content using tools such as slide shows, videos, screen sharing, replay, whiteboards, etc. Engage your audience with more tools such as Polls, quizzes, surveys.
After the webinar is over, you can generate reports to analyze the effectiveness of your webinar with reports and analysis about attendance, registration to attendance ratio, poll results, feedback analysis, lead conversion rate, average screen time of all participants, attendees who left the webinar early, etc.
What are the benefits of Webinar software?
The pandemic situation in 2020 has increased the demand for virtual and remote technology. The current workplace is quick in adopting webinar technology to mitigate the ill effects of the pandemic-led downturn and to seek new opportunities in remote and distant locations. No wonder even in these economic uncertainties created by COVID 19, webinar software is poised to grow at a rate of 7.6% year on year till 2023 and attain $800 million market valuation. Let us discuss the benefits of Webinar software in detail:
- Webinar software increases revenue and sales by increasing the registrations and attendance of the webinar through a smooth registration process and automated reminders for webinars. Companies have reported significant increases in their revenue, webinar registration, and average attendees after implementing the webinar software solution.
- Webinar software’s reporting and analytics are useful for inbound marketing purposes. It allows sales and marketing people to analyze consumer behavior by closely monitoring the attendee's interactions with the brand's content.
- Webinar software speeds up work by allowing team members, partners, clients to collaborate and discuss in one virtual room.
- Pre-recorded webinars, also known as simulated live webinars, offer more benefits than live presentations. A number of people can watch your pre-recorded webinar with automated, on-demand features of the webinar software.
- Its live-streaming feature on social media helps brands, especially small businesses, to reach wider audiences, boost content visibility, and generate more leads.
- The interactive web technology enables corporate enterprises and educational institutions to provide training and learning opportunities to a vast number of people with significantly lower costs. It helps teachers, educators, trainers to virtually reach their students and learners situated in distant locations.
- Webinars help to deliver personalized marketing and sales experiences for key accounts or audience segments. With an interactive platform webinar drive quality engagement with specific accounts. Webinar software helps in identifying, differentiating, interacting, and converting leads into customers through personalized marketing strategies. With data-driven technology, webinar software empowers marketing and sales to adopt personalized approaches towards their target audience. A personalized approach leads to higher customer satisfaction and better lead conversion rates.
- Webinars help in providing virtual assistance in the field of healthcare, education, science, and technology. Webinars are great tools to reach your audience and provide assistance to your existing customers remotely.
Who can use the webinar software?
Webinar software is a useful resource for almost all industries for lead generation. According to the Big Book of Webinar Stats, the software and technology industry accounts for 29%, financial services 14%, Education 11%, and Consulting 10% and Healthcare 7% of the total 250000 webinars analyzed in the research. With the increase of average global mobile internet speed from 26.92 Mbps in 2019 to 30.89 Mbps in 2020, the webinar software is getting more traction from the education sector. Teachers conduct webinars and allow students to attend it on mobile devices. Trainers, coaches, online education providers, consultants, marketers, salespeople, researchers are the most frequent users of the webinar software.
Webinar platforms for small businesses come with functionalities designed to cater to the needs of small-sized businesses. Small business owners can also focus on webinars to increase their brand awareness and credibility.
What is the difference between a webinar and an online meeting?
- A webinar is conducted with specific learning goals or targeting the audience with a specific purpose. It is different from an online web meeting or web-conference as the goal for online meetings is mostly to discuss plans, management activities, and everyday business issues.
- The webinar allows its participants and the host opportunities for interaction, but the communication is mostly from the presenter to the audience. Unlike webinars, online meetings offer more opportunities for interaction to all participants. In this perspective, a webinar is also different from a webcast, or online video broadcast as the person or groups hosting the broadcast do it with one-way communication. Even if comments and queries are allowed, it is mostly in the aftermath of the upload.
- Webinars can accommodate a large number of audiences. The number of people interacting in the meeting is often limited.
Which factors to consider before selecting a suitable webinar software?
Whatever you are doing is targeted towards your audience. Keep your audience and their needs in mind while selecting the best webinar software for your business. You should carefully match your needs with the features and functionalities provided by the webinar platform. Consider the following factors about the webinar creation software you are planning to purchase:
- Does it provide all essential features as required for your webinar?
- Can online webinar software work smoothly with normal internet connectivity?
- Is the system scalable to accommodate more features or accommodate more attendees if more people join the webinar than expected?
- Is the webinar system capable of hosting from all devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones?
- Can the webinar software integrate with external third-party software such as Mailchimp, CRM, Dropbox, etc. or not?
- Whether the software provides robust encryption to prevent any security breach while the webinar is on?
- Is the software user-friendly, sophisticated, and easy to use?
- Does the software vendor provide reliable, 24/7 customer support?
- Does the webinar software ensure regulatory compliance for protecting attendee data?
- Whether customization, online training, automatic updates, and free upgrades available?
- Does the webinar software provider provide a free version or free trial/ live demo of its functionalities?
What are the features you should look at before buying a Webinar Software?
This feature of the webinar creation software creates a registration link that can be embedded on your website or social media pages or email to allow leads to register for your webinar. It also sends customized emails to the contact list with links to the registration page.
With the inbuilt page builder and custom templates, you can create beautiful and responsive landing pages for registration.
Keep records and contact list of the target audience stored. Send emails and SMS directly to this address list, or you can filter this address book to send emails to selected recipients.
Notifications and alerts
This feature allows you to send reminders and alerts before days, hours, or minutes before the webinar goes live. You can schedule the timings for alerts and choose to send them via SMS or email or both.
With the scheduling feature of the webinar system, webinar hosts can schedule webinars with options to recurring schedule, always-on, immediate scheduling and date and time schedule, etc.
This feature of the webinar tool allows multiple hosts or co-hosts to use the webinar's hosting services. It also allows multiple presenters on a single screen. For better understanding and visuals, most webinar software keeps this number limited to a maximum of 6 presenters on screen at one time.
Webinar waiting room
On the webinar event day, many attendees would sign in and join the webinar prior to the scheduled time. This feature of the webinar service keeps the attendees engaged until the webinar starts. In the waiting mode, attendees can be provided with the agenda, brief about your company and products, and what to expect from the webinar documents to read.
This module has features such as screen sharing, video and audio play, slide show, audio mode, mute mode, text chat, whiteboard, etc.
Live chat with options to highlight comments, moderation capabilities before the comment becomes available to all, private comment option, etc. is possible with the webinar software.
Presenters deliver the webinar in speaker mode while attendees watch it in attendee mode. With the switch-mode feature, you can add attendees to the presenter mode so that even the attendees can share their screen. Once their part is done, you can put them back in the attendee mode.
Apart from the presentations, you can add a personal touch to your webinar by drawing mind maps, annotative notes, and marking points on the presentation using a drawing board.
Polls and surveys
You can conduct live polls and real-time surveys with immediate results to understand your audience better.
If due to any technical issue you lose connectivity to the webinar, or your webcam becomes unresponsive, and you lose connection to the webinar room, then live reboot button of the webinar software can create a new webinar room within 10-15 seconds and transfer all your attendees to the new webinar page. It will resume its broadcast from where you left, so you don't have to repeat any recent activity.
Social Media broadcasting
With this feature, you can live stream your webinar on social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube.
Multiple device compatibility
With webinar software, you can host a webinar from the device of your preference. If you are not at your desk at the scheduled time, then you can start the webinar on your phone.
Sales and offers
With this feature, you can offer products or services at discounted prices right from within the webinar room. You can put buying pop-ups in the side window.
This feature puts the webinar on auto-pilot mode. Once the pre-recorded webinar is embedded to your website, visitors can register and attend the webinar without any manual hosting.
This feature of the webinar presentation software can record the live webinar in a high-quality video format for future reuse.
Insights into your webinars' performance are essential to strategize the future course of action for your business and make subsequent improvements in webinars. With this feature, you can map the performance of your webinar based on key metrics analysis and automated reports.
Admins can grant access to selected people and retain billing and payment controls if required for paid webinars.
The Webinar system integrates with third-party software solutions to enhance its productivity and efficiency. Most webinar solutions can integrate with CRM software, email software, sales, and marketing software to provide a host of added benefits. Let us analyze the third-party integrations in detail:
What types of third-party application integrations can help in achieving maximum benefit from a webinar software?
Third-party software integrations increase the robustness, functionality, and capabilities of webinar software.
- Integration with email marketing software such as MailChimp helps in sending bulk emails for the invitation.
- An integration with landing page builder software such as InstaPage can help to create customized landing pages.
- With social media integration, users can host live webinars on major social media platforms such as Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Webinar hosts can also reap the benefits of analytics for making sound decisions by integrating the webinar software with analytical tools such as Google Analytics and Heap.
What is the average cost of buying a webinar software?
The costs of the webinar system depend on a large number of factors such as:
- The number of presenters and attendees you want onboard
- Features and functions it offers
- Whether it can work on multiple devices or not
- Quality of service offered
- Integrations it offers
- User interface and experience
These variations can change the cost factor and estimations of the webinar software significantly.
The enterprise version of Jet Webinar will cost you $397 a month, which has the capacity to accommodate 2000 live attendees, while the basic version is available for $63 with a maximum limit of 100 attendees. ClickMeeting webinar solution will cost you $279 a month for the Automated version with full functionality and 1000 attendees. You can get its basic version for $25 for 25attendees. Bigmarker's webinar software will cost $159 for its Elite plan (500 attendees) and $79 for the basic plan (100 attendees). Free webinar software such as myownconference comes with a lifelong free version for 20 attendees. If you need open source webinar software, you can opt for OpenMeeting. For other online webinar software or webinar hosting platforms such as WebinarJam, On24, C-Meeting, Jitsi, Mconf, Mikogo, you need to contact the vendor for detailed pricing. You can get the list and all information from the GoodFirms Webinar Software Page.
Why refer to GoodFirms’ list of Webinar software?
Scouring through tons of webinar platforms for finding the best one for your purpose can be a daunting task. GoodFirms can make your search for webinar software simple and hassle-free. Goodfirms is an IT market research and review company that treasures the list and reviews of the best performing IT companies worldwide. The detailed survey, analysis, and research conducted by GoodFirms provide buying assistance to B2B IT service seekers.
With a huge directory of more than 9000 categorized IT services and products, more than 15000 reviews and more than 700 extensive research and surveys at one place, GoodFirms provide software aspirants a one-stop place to find the best IT solutions. The readers of this buyer's guide for webinar software are advised to go through the list of thoroughly researched webinar tools and apply filters based on pricing, features, deployment, devices, business size, etc. to find the best webinar platform for their business.