Best Web Conferencing Software
Discover the best web conferencing software to stay connected, train virtually, and collaborate remotely
As many organizations move towards a more digitally connected set-up, online, real-time collaboration through a web browser is gaining more attention. Building, and training teams across geographies, improving engagement and productivity with limited resources, time, and money is a compulsion for offices handling remote workforce. Web conferencing tools are becoming the default solution today. Connecting via a web conferencing application offers a myriad of advantages over traditional audio conferencing solutions. Meetings, training, presentations, conferencing through the internet is easy and cost-effective with the best web conferencing software.
What is a Web Conferencing Software?
Web conferencing software is an application technology that helps businesses in collaborating over voice or video calls, communicating on online forums, conducting meetings, making presentations, providing online training, and hosting webinars. The software comes with supporting technologies and tools for brainstorming, analyzing, assessing, decision making, consensus building, collaborative tools such as whiteboard, screen sharing, recording tools, presentation tools, document sharing tools, and many more.
What is the Use of Web Conferencing tools?
In today's flexible work environment, workspaces demand efficient tools for heterogeneous collaboration (Office/Home/Field). Web Conferencing software is one such software application for teams that require communication technologies and collaboration tools for virtualization of meetings. Web conferencing software has components that make meetings engaging, productive, and decisive. Web conferencing applications offer an unprecedented level of flexibility and convenience with inbuilt competencies to revolutionize the workplace communication paradigm. Unlike the old-time, the modern, sophisticated web conferencing tools are not mere voice over the internet or video-calling applications but consolidated solutions aimed at teamwork.
The globalization trend, pandemic led travel restrictions, increasing the number of contingent workforces, and growth of online businesses make it necessary to technologically support geographically distributed remote teams. Web conferencing is a reliable possibility for real-time collaboration when businesses strive to bring multiple departments together to time the market. Its usage is also common to support interactive learning in educational environments. Today vendors provide web conferencing solutions with a specific focus, such as web conferencing designed for sales teams, marketing teams, training, public relations, project teams, and more.
How to Select the Best Web Conferencing System For Your Organization?
Given the variety of web conferencing software solutions available in the market and lucrative offers for free versions, free trials, discounted rates, and other benefits marketed by vendors, one can succumb to buying inferior software with a successful marketing gig. Your buying decision should be based on a thorough analysis of your company's size, web conferencing. Shortlisting the top web conferencing tools can be a bit overwhelming as it requires consideration of multiple factors that constitute a comprehensive web conferencing application.
This is where you can rely on GoodFirms’ list of best web conferencing software solutions. Following a rigorous research method and stringent analysis process, the research team at GoodFirms has listed down the top web conferencing software solutions that can never disappoint when it comes to functionality, usage, and quality. Check the features, reviews, apply filters and see the pricing of the top web conferencing systems and pick the best one for your organization.
List of Best Web Conferencing Tools | Best Web Conferencing Software (132 Software)Filter
- Enterprise video conferencing with real-time messaging and content sharing
Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform. Our solution offers the best video, audio and screen-sharing experience across Windows PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Zoom Rooms conference room system, and H.323/SIP room systems. ... learn more about Zoom"Fantastic Tool"Tim Brownson
- Video Conferencing for the Digital Workplace
BlueJeans is the meetings platform for the modern workplace. We bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day. The first cloud service to connect desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want. It is the meeting solut... learn more about BlueJeans"Consistent, user friendly and reliable platform"Nipon Das, CEO at LupagenVisit websiteFree TrialAvailableEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Work remotely without feeling remote.
Microsoft 365 is the productivity cloud that combines best-in-class productivity apps with intelligent cloud services that transform the way you work. Microsoft Teams is a Cloud-based application developed for business communications that helps manage chat, meet, file sharing, and more. Whether it’s chat, calls, or video, anyone can engage at any time, bringing everyone closer. Your docs, photos... learn more about Microsoft Teams"Communication within and outside your organization"Quentin Goin
- Video conferencing and collaboration solutions
An industry leader in web conferencing, GoToMeeting is trusted by millions of people everyday for professional real-time virtual communication. GoToMeeting provides a fast, easy and reliable professional online meeting solution that enables customers to meet face to face, share presentations and chat with colleagues, all with the click of a button. GoToMeeting pairs productivity with flexibility t... learn more about GoToMeeting"Go To Meetings is a favorite for staying connected"Ann M. FrankVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$14 per Month
- A communication tool built for businesses to connect anywhere, anytime
Collaborate with your coworkers and clients remotely through group video calls, screen sharing, and messaging. Skype is for doing things together, whenever you’re apart.... learn more about Skype"MS Teams is a Life Saver!! "Sohaib Ahmed Khattak - PCI QIR
- Real-time meetings
Google Meet is a video-communication service developed by Google. It is one of two apps that constitute the replacement for Google Hangouts, the other being Google Chat. ... learn more about Google Meet"Anyone with a Google account can create an online meeting"John Howard , CEO at COUPON LAWN
- Add Communication to any Application or Website.
QuickBlox is a cloud communications backend providing developers and companies with APIs and SDKs for their Android, iOS or JS application development and integration. Since 2010, QuickBlox enables its customers to add messaging, voice, and video calling to their mobile and web apps. QuickBlox fulfills all server-side requirements of app development ensuring ready-to-use cost-efficient and scalabl... learn more about QuickBlox"Great to work with!"Martin Hannes, President & CEO at Kovue Systems LLC
- Call, message, meet – anytime, anywhere.
Cisco Webex is the leading enterprise solution for video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinars. Teams and teamwork, together at last. Meet, create and communicate all in one platform designed to fit the way you work.... learn more about Cisco Webex"Excelent Meeting Tool"Oscar AvelarVisit websiteFree Trial90 daysEntry Level Price$13.50 per Month
- Proficonf - professional real-time video conferencing platform.
Proficonf is a professional video conferencing platform that allows its users to make or join video meetings with up to 250 participants without any downloads or installations. Proficonf saves time to connect with teammates, business partners, tutors, students etc. After creating Proficonf account user can start video meetings instantly in a couple of clicks or tune it for their needs. Proficonf i... learn more about Proficonf"Good piece of software for small distributive businesses"Joshua Wilks
- The Most Powerful and The Best Virtual Event Platform
Samaaro is a powerful software platform designed to help organizations host scalable, secure, and effective virtual events for a global audience. Samaaro's unique features & versatility allow it to host a variety of Virtual Events such as Virtual conferences, Virtual Summits, Virtual Fairs, Virtual Exhibitions & more. Samaaro was designed to be completely customizable, enabling brands to make t... learn more about Samaaro"Unique, Innovative and User Friendly Product"Ashwin Narayanan
- FREE VIDEO MEETINGS
Dialpad’s mission is to make business communications great. Built on the Google Cloud Platform for unmatched security, reliability and scale, Dialpad’s product suite covers the full range of modern business communications needs with Dialpad, UberConference and Call Center solutions all powered by VoiceAI. Today more than 55,000 of the world’s most innovative businesses use Dialpad and its se... learn more about Dialpad Meetings""Tomas Kolafa, CMO at Growth Media
- It's now easier than ever to personalize your join.
join.me is a collaboration tool designed to cut through pointless processes, politics and protocols with a single click. It helps you, your team and your company by making collaboration simple, instant and continuous.Customize your meeting link to whatever you want. Brand it to your company, to the meeting subject, or even to match your personality. ... learn more about Join.me" It’s an easy-to-use video conferencing software "Ethan Taub, CEO at Loanry
- Video Conferencing System & Meeting Room Solutions
Lifesize combines best-in-class, cloud-based video conferencing services with integrated equipment that sets a new standard for workplace communication and productivity on a global scale. Join meetings with the touch of a button or simply by walking into the room. It's a meeting experience like no other. Lifesize is so user-friendly it has reduced video conferencing support for companies as big as... learn more about Lifesize"Love the versitility"Brian MarcusVisit websiteFree Trial180 daysEntry Level Price$12.50 per Month
- The #1 Webinar Hosting & Automation Platform
BigMarker is the world's only full-stack webinar hosting, marketing & automation platform.Companies and universities use BigMarker to host live, on-demand, and automated online presentations, trainings and events, creating meaningful conversations with leads, customers, and other vital stakeholders. ... learn more about BigMarker"Industry standard for digital meetings, events, and webinars"DREW DONALDSONVisit websiteFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$79 per Year
- Helping SaaS, SMBs and enterprise companies alike.
At Livestorm we help companies get the most of their webinars. Our mission is to make your webinars simpler and more efficient.At Livestorm, we strive to build the best experience possible for our users. We focus on design, high disponibility, and technical capabilities so that you only have to focus on doing great webinars for your company. ... learn more about Livestorm"Livestorm offers services for any business looking to hold a safe and secure web conference."Ludovic Rembert , Founder at Privacy Canada and Security Analyst
- Audio Conferencing Like Never Before!
grptalk is an audio conferencing app that lets you talk to a group of people from anywhere, and at any time. Entering PINs, delayed joining times, zero member visibility, and call drops! Traditional conference calling has been blighted by these problems for much too long. So it took a brave idea, solid planning and a team of dynamic individuals to successfully develop a solution that would... learn more about grptalk"What's not to love!"Akumu FionaVisit websiteFree Trial15 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Keep Your Enterprise Connected
Businesses are built on the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are built by Avaya. For over one hundred years, we’ve enabled organizations around the globe to win – by creating intelligent communications experiences for customers and employees. Avaya builds open, converged and innovative solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration – i... learn more about Avaya Spaces"Great chatting experience with options for direct chats, and group chats!"Rany TannouriVisit websiteFree Trial1 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Enterprise Video Conferencing Solutions
Pexip enables enterprises and organizations of any size to deploy and use video-based communication and collaboration. The Company’s portfolio of products ranges from self-hosted software to cloud service video solutions. Pexip provides seamless collaboration between previously incompatible video and audio technologies such as professional video conferencing systems, Skype for Business, Microsof... learn more about Pexip"Hosting web conferences"CJ Xia, VP of Marketing & Sales at Boster Biological TechnologyVisit websiteFree Trial15 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Work gets better on the same page.
Samepage transforms the way business teams work together.Imagine all your team’s files, tasks, conversations and shared content in one place. Create a page in minutes, then connect and collaborate instantly. No exaggeration.Easy to create. Easy to use. Easy to succeed.Samepage makes it easy to get more done – efficiently and effectively. Built-in file sharing and sync mean your content travels... learn more about Samepage"Provides all the features that small business needs"Werner Jorgensen, Marketing & Sales Manager at HeatxpertsVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$7.50 per Month
- Meeting remotely just got easier
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud enterprise unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center,... learn more about RingCentral"High-level security"Reuben Yonatan, Founder and CEO at GetVoIPVisit websiteFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$19.99 per Month
- Brings your virtual training to life.
Engage with your learners before, during and after your session. Evaluate the performance of your trainees and trainers. Manage all your resources directly through an admin console. ... learn more about Zoho ShowTimeVisit websiteFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$8 per Month
- Webinar Your Way
ClickMeeting is a browser-based platform for hosting webinars and training sessions. Since the platform is browser-based ClickMeeting works on all devices and operating systems. It also does not require software installation. Its user interface has all the tools necessary to make webinars engaging for attendees and cost-effective for organizers. ... learn more about ClickMeetingVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$25 per Month
- Millions of businesses rely on GoToMeeting.
GoToMeeting is the extremely simple, extraordinarily powerful web conferencing service. It integrates HiDef video conferencing, screen sharing and audio conferencing, creating a natural face-to-face collaboration environment. Professional meetings deserve a professional meeting solution. That's GoToMeeting - simple, reliable and effective. ... learn more about GotowebinarVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$19 per Month
- Meetings Reimagined
Starting with no app downloads or pin codes, Highfive is built to be easy enough for anyone in your organization to collaborate effortlessly. Admins love how Highfive’s all-in-one solution reduces IT headaches usually associated with video conferencing. Plus, the meeting room hardware takes just minutes to set up. No need to hang mics or set up dedicated computers. ... learn more about HighFiveVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$99 per Month
- A robust webinar and video conferencing solution.
A robust in-browser solution for your next webinar, meeting, or video conference. Host up to 10,000 attendees in confidence with a market-leading uptime of 99.98%. No installation required with access from any device or browser (16 languages supported). Find all your favorite features including Q&A, live chat, screen sharing, cloud recording, quizzes, whiteboard, and much more. MyOwnConference off... learn more about MyOwnConferenceVisit websiteFree Trial365 daysEntry Level Price$36 per Month
- Screen Sharing and audio/video conferencing right from your browser.
Dead Simple Screen Sharing is a Free and simple solution to conduct screen sharing, audio conferencing, web meetings and webinars for sales, customer support, team collaboration, health care professionals and education. ... learn more about Dead Simple Screen Sharing
- Full stack cloud communications
ReadyTalk is a one-stop cloud communications provider in downtown Denver, Colorado that provides unified communications through audio, web and video conferencing, webinars and webcasts.ReadyTalk became a part of PGi, the world’s largest dedicated provider of collaboration software and services. PGi began in 1991 with a simple goal: to help people and businesses connect and collaborate. ... learn more about ReadytalkVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$99 per Month
- Open source web conferencing.
Openmeetings provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.... learn more about OpenMeetings
- Must-Have Web Conferencing & Video Conferencing.
ezTalks provides free video conferencing solutions for online teaching, online training, online meeting across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android systems. It provides powerful cloud support for frictionless online collaboration.... learn more about ezTalks
- Multi-platform open-source video conferencing.
At Jitsi, we believe every video chat should look and sound amazing, between two people or 200. Whether you want to build your own massively multi-user video conference client or use ours, all our tools are 100% free, open source, and WebRTC compatible.... learn more about Jitsi
- Open source web conferencing system.
Mconf is an open source web conference system. Mconf is composed of several components, among them are Mconf-Live, a customized version of BigBlueButton that includes several new features, and Mconf-Web, a web portal where people can collaborate asynchronously, schedule and participate in web conferences. ... learn more about Mconf
- Connect your people.
Jami is a free and universal communication platform which preserves the user's privacy and freedoms. It aims to provide all of its users a universal communication tool, free, secure and built on a distributed architecture requiring no authority nor central server to operate.... learn more about Jami
- An open source VoIP SIP softphone.
Linphone is a free voice over IP softphone, SIP client and service. It may be used for audio and video direct calls and calls through any VoIP softswitch or IP-PBX. Also, Linphone provides the possibility to exchange instant messages.... learn more about Linphone
- Own your conversations.
All-in-one secure chat app for teams, friends and organizations. Keeps conversations in your control, safe from data-mining and ads. Talk to everyone through the open global Matrix network, protected by proper end-to-end encryption. Element is the fast, simple, and private way to communicate with family, friends, teams, colleagues, organizations, and the wider world.... learn more about Element
- Quick & Easy Video Meetings for Your Home Office
The Austrian company eyeson developed a unique group video call & multi-speaker webinar tool which is based on its patented Single Stream technology. HD video & audio is always guaranteed, as the bandwidth and CPU remain constantly low. ... learn more about EyesonVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$9 per Month
- Webinars that transform your business.
Host webinars to educate and engage your leads. Broadcast your screen, launch polls, and answer questions in real time. Record, watch, and share your webinars online. Analyze reports to identify and convert genuine leads to loyal customers. ... learn more about Zoho MeetingVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$3 per Month
- Adobe Connect empowers you to create exceptional digital training, webinar.
Adobe is the global leader in digital media and digital marketing solutions. Our creative, marketing and document solutions empower everyone – from emerging artists to global brands – to bring digital creations to life and deliver immersive, compelling experiences to the right person at the right moment for the best results.... learn more about Adobe ConnectVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Unleash Each Student's Potential with Blackboard Classroom.
Blackboard Classroom is a simple and powerful digital learning environment that enables personalized learning anytime and anywhere. It offers a comprehensive digital learning environment for K-12 that can grow with you as your digital learning needs evolve.... learn more about Blackboard Classroom
- Where Meetings Happen.
MeetFox is a SaaS solution that creates a seamless experience for consultants to manage their client meetings from start to finish with appointment scheduling, video conferencing, and secure payments with invoicing. We make your life simpler by automating daily tasks. Focus on what matters most. Schedule appointments, have online meetings, get paid, send invoices, and more. MeetFox has you covered... learn more about MeetFoxVisit websiteFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$9 per Year
- WIRELESSLY SHARE CONTENT FROM ANY DEVICE.
AirParrot allows you to wirelessly beam your screen or media files to a variety of media receivers. AirParrot quickly discovers available receivers on your network and uses Quick Connect to connect directly to a device running Reflector 2. Easily share your screen, videos, audio, presentations and so much more.... learn more about AirParrotVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$12.99 per One-time
- Online Screen Capture & Video Recording Software
Fluvid is an Online Screen Capture and Video recording communication tool for the community that lets them communicate with their customers & team members effectively over video. Things that are difficult to write over email/text can now be solved with this screen & video recording software.... learn more about Fluvid
- Video meetings for your business.
Connect with your team from anywhere. With easy-to-join video calls, you can connect face-to-face with team members around the world. Hangouts Meet is included with G Suite and G Suite for Education. The application works in sync with the other Google applications. It also comes as a Chrome extension and can be used across all devices.... learn more about Hangouts MeetVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$1.65 per Month
- Connect everyone in your organization
Workplace connects everyone in an organization using familiar Facebook features like chat, video calling, posts and groups. It works alongside the business tools you already use, providing a simple and secure way for people to share knowledge, work together and build connected communities.... learn more about Workplace From Facebook
- Collaborate anywhere, on any device
Mobility doesn’t have to limit productivity. Cisco Jabber delivers instant messaging, voice and video calls, voice messaging, desktop sharing, conferencing, and presence. Find the right people, see whether and how they’re available, and collaborate more effectively.... learn more about Cisco Jabber
- HOST AMAZING VIRTUAL EVENTS & ENGAGE AUDIENCES ONLINE
vFairs is a virtual event platform that enables organizations to conduct online events namely virtual career/job fairs, online conferences, summits, forums, trade shows, expos and meet-ups. The platform offers an intuitive virtual experience to exhibitors and visitors alike, along with other highlights like interactive features (audio/video chat), excellent scalability and several customization ... learn more about vFairs
- Freedom to work from anywhere
Whereby is a collaboration tool for professionals who want to host easy and reliable video meetings. All meetings are from your browser - no downloads, and no login for guests. Regarded as the easiest to use video tool, Whereby serves the small and medium business market of various industries. Professionals can effortlessly connect to teammates, partners and clients on a secure platform they can t... learn more about WherebyVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$59.99 per Month
- #1 Global Cloud Communications Platform for the Enterprise
Fuze is a global cloud communications and collaboration software platform for the enterprise. Through an innovative and consumer-inspired unified experience, Fuze enables seamless transition between voice, video, messaging, and content sharing. Fuze empowers the digital workforce anytime, anywhere, and across any device.... learn more about FuzeVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$20 per Month
- Global Collaboration Your Team Will Love
The Blizz Collaboration Companion from TeamViewer keeps you connected to your contacts and global team through video, voice, instant chat messaging, screen sharing, and more on any device, anywhere! The Blizz Collaboration Companion installs on your desktop or mobile phone for quick access to all your (Blizz and TeamViewer) contacts, enabling logged and indexed team messaging, face-to-face HD VoIP... learn more about Blizz
- Video conferencing in the cloud
Collaboration and communication are all key to the success of today’s business organizations. StarLeaf brings people together to work better, wherever they are. Uniquely in the industry, StarLeaf is truly built for the enterprise. StarLeaf enables seamless collaboration through intelligently-engineered reliable meeting room systems, superior video, & secure messaging. StarLeaf has architected it... learn more about StarLeafVisit websiteFree TrialAvailableEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- What is Web Conferencing?
- How Does Web Conferencing Work?
- Why is Web Conferencing important for businesses today?
- What is a Web Conference Software?
- Why must businesses invest in Web Conferencing Software?
- Types of Web Conferencing Software?
- Features of Web Conferencing Software?
- Advantages of Web Conferencing Software?
- What are the features to consider before purchasing a Web Conferencing software?
- What is the average price of Web Conferencing Software?
- How to Choose the right Web Conferencing Software for your Business?
- Why consider GoodFirms' list of top Web Conferencing Software?
What is Web Conferencing?
Web conferencing is the process by which employees within organizations (or independent users) connect with one another in real-time using technological platforms and software that operate over the internet. Some software also uses audio-only content over the phone networks.
The software thus enables communication, collaboration, and completion tasks or projects efficiently. Individual users and employees use it on a one-to-one basis as well, when necessary.
Collectively, web conferencing solutions consist of a bouquet of digital communication facets such as video conferencing, screen sharing, VoIP calls, as well as document sharing, chat services, etc., to name a few.
Conferencing over the internet facilitates remote working. Employees use web conferencing to conduct a variety of duties such as business meetings, online training, presentations, troubleshooting problems with customers and employees, as well as online sales.
How Does Web Conferencing Work?
Web conferencing can be conducted by two methods - Through independent Software as a Service (SaaS) applications purchased and downloaded onto user desktops, or through internet hosting services which have the server space to conduct these meetings, conducted via web browsers.
Besides the hardware tools and software used by users to communicate, web conferencing requires hosts to check what time all the attendees are free and schedule the meetings or sessions accordingly. Post scheduling, the user is automatically assigned a virtual room or environment, wherein users can remotely enter using predefined login credentials, once they have permission to attend the meeting.
Once into the conference, users usually contain a raft of features such as screen presentations, and whiteboards (to note down important points), question and answer sessions on chat, and even passing control of important features among the attendees, if required.
Why is Web Conferencing important for businesses today?
Remote collaboration is highly valued in economies and industries around the globe. Using web conferencing systems, users can come together from different time-zones to help crystallize business strategies, efficiently.
Functions such as HR, IT support, and even finance can come together on a global platform to contribute solutions on a business level, all while functioning remotely. This increases the productivity and perspective of all departments from different regions. Support services for different functions may be provided online, as well.
Web Conferencing is handy for businesses when split-time decision making is required while considering a number of departments’ view-points within the firm.
It also helps businesses preserve budgets. Web conferencing tools help streamline business operations so that resource-starved companies can save on budgets, office space, and even on man-power, when expensive solutions such as travel could be deemed necessary. A sale, for example, can be closed without relocation by the personnel involved.
What is a Web Conference Software?
Web conferencing software is a digital tool that helps individuals communicate and collaborate over the internet. Web conferencing services are used by organizations and individuals to conduct meetings, publish podcasts, make presentations, host webinars, and so on.
These web conferencing platforms allow multi-casting of data - which includes text, pictures, video, and other formats - over separate geographic locations. The ambition is to ensure remote employees achieve optimum productivity working with teams, despite being situated remotely.
Web conferencing tools are downloadable onto devices as standalone applications, or are available as web-hosted internet connectivity applications. Technology has enabled web-telephony (VoIP), and regular mobile networks to host multiple users in audio-only meetings termed web conferences.
Web conferencing software consists of a suite of productivity tools that can enhance business continuity. Web Conferencing hardware necessities - like microphones and cameras - are usually built into most devices today, making the tool platform-independent. Skype, Zoom, and even Google Hangouts are popular Web conferencing solutions.
Why must businesses invest in Web Conferencing Software?
Businesses should consider investing in video conferencing software for the following reasons -
- Ease of use - Web conferencing tools are designed to be lightweight in storage and have a relatively simple user flow through the web conferencing app. In other words, most tools are just plug-and-play.
- Budgetary considerations - A halt to frequent travel for personnel, and a reduction in office space lease expenses are visible impacts of web conferencing software, thanks to the efficiency of web conferencing systems.
- Marketing Impact - Organizations can conduct Webinars, Podcasts, Learning Modules, interactive Question and Answer sessions to connect with a variety of audiences over the internet and market selective products and services to them.
- Employer Connect - Human Resources can connect with a majority of employees, all at one go. This helps them conduct employer branding activities seamlessly, while also moving several functions such as onboarding and offboarding to the virtual world.
- Competitive intelligence - With tools such as surveys and polls available to gauge user sentiments, organizations can use marketing activities to understand and implement much-needed features into the software. This allows companies to stay ahead of their competition.
- Innovative features - Much needed features to improve productivity and ease of usage are constantly introduced into web conferencing systems. This provides a massive boost for organizations.
Types of Web Conferencing Software?
Video conferencing systems can be classified into two different categories.
First, Software as a Service (SaaS) web conferencing apps are available for download from the Google Play Store, the Apple App Store, and the Microsoft store. Once downloaded, these applications require user sign-ups or log-ins. Once in, users can schedule meetings, or virtual calls with attendees from the same organization or distinct individuals.
The applications run on their own set of internet communication protocols to set up a secure, unified session management and easily manageable gateways. Examples of services include Skype.
Second, if dedicated applications do not fit organization needs, then organizations use web-based applications to host meetings. Hosts of meetings can log-in to the website and assign a specific time for attendees to join the call.
A fixed phone number and a numeric password, provided on prompt, will route the users to the virtual meeting room. This is usually an example of VoIP conference calls. Usually, information about the meeting is sent to the users via email or personal message. An example is freeconferencecall.com.
Features of Web Conferencing Software?
The features of video conferencing platforms are as follows -
- User Management - Only users with appropriate credentials can schedule meetings and/or join them. Log-ins required on dedicated user accounts, and codes generated to verify user identity before entering meetings on web conferencing systems.
- Chat and File Sharing - Most web conferencing systems have a dedicated chat counter, where users can share important information in writing. Document attachment and sharing features are also in-built to allow a multi-purpose perspective to the web conferencing tool.
- Screen Sharing - Web conference solution users can project the screen of their computer to all those attending the meeting and conduct presentations/demonstrations in the click of a finger.
- Recording - Users can record a call for reference purposes through the web conferencing services.
- Reporting - Information regarding meetings - attendees in the meeting, chats sent, documents shared, etc - should be available for the user to reference.
- Muting - Managers/Employees making important decisions should be able to mute others for the duration of the web conference for minimal disturbance. Similarly, users must also be able to mute themselves.
- Whiteboards - The web conferencing platform must have these components as part of chats to ensure
Advantages of Web Conferencing Software?
Some of the advantages of Web Conferencing Software are as follows -
- Secure and Reliable
- Real-time, clear and audible meetings on good internet quality
- Easy to install and use
- Minimal charges per user
- Effective Interdepartmental communication
- Budgetary savings from discontinuity in non-essential activities such as travel
- Valuable Business Intelligence
- Rapid Document Sharing
- Increase in work communication efficiency
- Additional features make conferences more engaging and participatory.
- Foster real-time collaboration
What are the features to consider before purchasing a Web Conferencing software?
Some features are considered important for web conferencing software, while others are avoidable. The most important features a firm must consider before purchase of web conferencing tools are as follows -
- Interface - The web conferencing platform must be easy to install, and simple to use. Scheduling calls, accepting calls, and functionalities within calls, must be fluid and easy to navigate through.
- Reporting - User reports are considered important to improve the quality of conference calls. Besides, reports must also share data from other activities such as polls, surveys, etc.
- User Management - Only designated users, with valid log-ins or PINs, must be able to access calls, and use the full features of the platform on company accounts.
- Platform Independence - The software must be easily accessible on all platforms, be it mobile, desktop, or even tablets. Similarly, the software must be compatible with operating systems such as Windows, macOS, and ChromeOS, to name a few.
- Presentation and Screen Sharing - Conference participants must be allowed to share screens of their computers for presentation purposes. This enhances attendee participation on the call.
- Muting - Several times, background noises from caller environments disrupt the call quality. Audiences must be provided to mute themselves until they need to speak, or the host must be able to mute everyone who isn’t speaking.
- Language Support - The platform must support a variety of linguistic capabilities from multiple dialects.
- On-Demand web-casting - Organizations can use the web-casting feature to conduct important learning and development lessons along with Webinars, to employees as well as outsiders who may be interested in specific topics.
- Real-Time Chat - Chatting interfaces are provided so that users may share important information between each other, and the group when necessary.
- Video Conferencing - Besides audio, video conferences are important for users to share face-time with each other, make presentations and seminars, as well as create a platform of trust while working remotely.
- Recording and Playback - The web conferencing software must have a recording tool to store video/meeting details for later use. It should also come with playback capability to ensure the recorded video/audio has been captured to the best possible extent in terms of quality and length of content.
What is the average price of Web Conferencing Software?
The price of a video conferencing service depends on the number of users that an organization intends to distribute access to.
A list of the Free and Open Source Web Conferencing Software has been published by GoodFirms, for those firms interested. The software mentioned in the list have a rich set of functionalities, which are already in effect at organizations around the world.
UberConference, Proficonf, and Zoom are popular software tools that employ a freemium model of pricing. They have a base free version, which allows users to make free calls for a predetermined time-limit. The call is halted if the user exceeds this limit. Premium versions of these software ranges between $12 and $25 per user per month.
Video conferencing tools such as Zoho Showtime and Bluejeans are charged on a per-user basis for all their solution sets. The range varies between $9 (Starter), $16 (Business Standard), and $30 (Enterprise) per user per month.
Web Video is a platform that offers a one-time purchase rate. Plans begin at $3995 without using their hosting service, and $4995 for an all-inclusive lifetime purchase. ElectroMeet is a video conferencing platform that licenses its product on a yearly plan for a specified limit of users.
The Silver and Gold licenses, each accommodating up to 120 users, are priced at $4000 and $9000 annually.
How to Choose the right Web Conferencing Software for your Business?
You can choose the right web conferencing software for your organization by considering a few important factors.
- Users/Hosts - The organization will need to estimate the percentage of the workforce who will have access to specific versions, and types, of the web conferencing systems.
- Software type - Web conferencing software are available as standalone applications or can be accessed over a web browser on the internet. Some solutions offer video telephony conferencing, while others are limited to VoIP. Softwares have a mixture of both functionalities. An organization’s purchase decision must depend on the type of software it wishes to employ.
- Budget - Once the users have been estimated, an approximate budget may be allocated to the purchase of video conferencing solutions. The budget will depend on the plan(s) of various web conferencing software the organization wishes to deploy, and its per-user rate. Budgets are also calculated on whether an organization will purchase a Software as a Service (Saas) provider, like Zoom, or if they choose a web-hosting VoIP conference call provider, like freeconferencecall.com.
- Features - Most organizations prefer a rich feature set within the web conferencing apps that boost productivity. Whiteboards, screen sharing and chat functionality, etc., are essentials within web conferencing software today. Unlimited virtual conference rooms, a software capability on the web conferencing service vendor side is also considered a must-have addition, to prevent limited call capabilities.
- Security - Data security will also be a top-most priority for most organizations in the purchase window. User chats, via video or text, must be encrypted.
- Trials/Demo versions - organizations must be allowed to test/trial run their software choices before investing in the web conferencing software.
Why consider GoodFirms' list of top Web Conferencing Software?
Goodfirms’ exhaustive and concise list of web conferencing software will enhance the understanding of prospective buyers, who can then contrast, compare, and select their choice.
The Buyer’s Guide offers a clear presentation of the features, advantages, and costs associated with web conferencing platforms. Be it Free and Open-source web conferencing software, or freemium and premium versions, GoodFirms has you covered with information on the same.
Not just considering free video conferencing software? Goodfirms’ software directory enlists information on various kinds of multi-disciplinary software.