Best Web Conferencing Software
Scrutinizing the web for best web conferencing software to have a smooth conferencing experience? Access the list of top web conferencing tools with genuine reviews assembled by the research team of GoodFirms to assist you in selecting the best platform. These web conferencing systems cut-short your travel expenses by eliminating the need for being physically present for the meetings. In fact, the ease of connecting globally on audiovisual conference improves team collaboration with flexible support. Needless to say, productivity increases and so does customer relations. So, if you are in need of best web conferencing software that allows attending meetings on desktop and mobile on the go, just explore the list of the platforms below:
List of Best Web Conferencing Tools | Best Web Conferencing Software
Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform. Our solution offers the best video, audio and screen-sharing experience across Windows PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Zoom Rooms conference room system, and H.323/SIP room systems.
BlueJeans is the meetings platform for the modern workplace. We bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day. The first cloud service to connect desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want. It is the meeting solut... read more
An industry leader in web conferencing, GoToMeeting is trusted by millions of people everyday for professional real-time virtual communication. GoToMeeting provides a fast, easy and reliable professional online meeting solution that enables customers to meet face to face, share presentations and chat with colleagues, all with the click of a button. GoToMeeting pairs productivity with flexibility t... read more
QuickBlox is a cloud communications backend providing developers and companies with APIs and SDKs for their Android, iOS or JS application development and integration. Since 2010, QuickBlox enables its customers to add messaging, voice, and video calling to their mobile and web apps. QuickBlox fulfills all server-side requirements of app development ensuring ready-to-use cost-efficient and scalabl... read more
Each month 113 million professionals rely on WebEx to collaborate and to move projects forward faster. Now teams can work with anyone from a browser, a mobile device, or a video system. WebEx Meeting Center offers integrated audio, video, and content sharing. Keep conversations private with highly secure WebEx meetings from the Cisco Collaboration Cloud.
Proficonf is a professional video conferencing platform that allows its users to make or join video meetings with up to 250 participants without any downloads or installations. Proficonf saves time to connect with teammates, business partners, tutors, students etc. After creating Proficonf account user can start video meetings instantly in a couple of clicks or tune it for their needs. Proficonf i... read more
Google Meet is a video-communication service developed by Google. It is one of two apps that constitute the replacement for Google Hangouts, the other being Google Chat.
Dialpad’s mission is to make business communications great. Built on the Google Cloud Platform for unmatched security, reliability and scale, Dialpad’s product suite covers the full range of modern business communications needs with Dialpad, UberConference and Call Center solutions all powered by VoiceAI. Today more than 55,000 of the world’s most innovative businesses use Dialpad and its se... read more
Microsoft 365 is the productivity cloud that combines best-in-class productivity apps with intelligent cloud services that transform the way you work. Microsoft Teams is Cloud-based application developed for business communications that helps manage chat, meet, file sharing, and more.
BigMarker is the world's only full-stack webinar hosting, marketing & automation platform.Companies and universities use BigMarker to host live, on-demand, and automated online presentations, trainings and events, creating meaningful conversations with leads, customers, and other vital stakeholders.
At Livestorm we help companies get the most of their webinars. Our mission is to make your webinars simpler and more efficient.At Livestorm, we strive to build the best experience possible for our users. We focus on design, high disponibility, and technical capabilities so that you only have to focus on doing great webinars for your company.
Pexip enables enterprises and organizations of any size to deploy and use video-based communication and collaboration. The Company’s portfolio of products ranges from self-hosted software to cloud service video solutions. Pexip provides seamless collaboration between previously incompatible video and audio technologies such as professional video conferencing systems, Skype for Business, Microsof... read more
Samepage transforms the way business teams work together.Imagine all your team’s files, tasks, conversations and shared content in one place. Create a page in minutes, then connect and collaborate instantly. No exaggeration.Easy to create. Easy to use. Easy to succeed.Samepage makes it easy to get more done – efficiently and effectively. Built-in file sharing and sync mean your content travels... read more
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud enterprise unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center,... read more
Engage with your learners before, during and after your session. Evaluate the performance of your trainees and trainers. Manage all your resources directly through an admin console.
ClickMeeting is a browser-based platform for hosting webinars and training sessions. Since the platform is browser-based ClickMeeting works on all devices and operating systems. It also does not require software installation. Its user interface has all the tools necessary to make webinars engaging for attendees and cost-effective for organizers.
join.me is a collaboration tool designed to cut through pointless processes, politics and protocols with a single click. It helps you, your team and your company by making collaboration simple, instant and continuous.Customize your meeting link to whatever you want. Brand it to your company, to the meeting subject, or even to match your personality.
GoToMeeting is the extremely simple, extraordinarily powerful web conferencing service. It integrates HiDef video conferencing, screen sharing and audio conferencing, creating a natural face-to-face collaboration environment. Professional meetings deserve a professional meeting solution. That's GoToMeeting - simple, reliable and effective.
Starting with no app downloads or pin codes, Highfive is built to be easy enough for anyone in your organization to collaborate effortlessly. Admins love how Highfive’s all-in-one solution reduces IT headaches usually associated with video conferencing. Plus, the meeting room hardware takes just minutes to set up. No need to hang mics or set up dedicated computers.
MyOwnConference provides service for webinars, auto webinars, web conferencing and online trainings. MyOwnConference service is used in education, sales, business, marketing, HR by clients all over the world. More than 100 tools and features for webinars, quality audio and video streams, 6 advantageous tariffs, possibility to create corporate identity and much more that clients appreciate MyOwnCon... read more
Dead Simple Screen Sharing is a Free and simple solution to conduct screen sharing, audio conferencing, web meetings and webinars for sales, customer support, team collaboration, health care professionals and education.
ReadyTalk is a one-stop cloud communications provider in downtown Denver, Colorado that provides unified communications through audio, web and video conferencing, webinars and webcasts.ReadyTalk became a part of PGi, the world’s largest dedicated provider of collaboration software and services. PGi began in 1991 with a simple goal: to help people and businesses connect and collaborate.
BigBlueButton is a web conferencing system designed for online learning. The goal is to enable you to engage your users in a real-time to promote learning. BigBlueButton provides real-time sharing of audio, video, slides, chat, and screen. Students are engaged through sharing of emoji icons, polling, and breakout rooms.
Openmeetings provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
ezTalks provides free video conferencing solutions for online teaching, online training, online meeting across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android systems. It provides powerful cloud support for frictionless online collaboration.
At Jitsi, we believe every video chat should look and sound amazing, between two people or 200. Whether you want to build your own massively multi-user video conference client or use ours, all our tools are 100% free, open source, and WebRTC compatible.
Mconf is an open source web conference system. Mconf is composed of several components, among them are Mconf-Live, a customized version of BigBlueButton that includes several new features, and Mconf-Web, a web portal where people can collaborate asynchronously, schedule and participate in web conferences.
Jami is a free and universal communication platform which preserves the user's privacy and freedoms. It aims to provide all of its users a universal communication tool, free, secure and built on a distributed architecture requiring no authority nor central server to operate.
Linphone is a free voice over IP softphone, SIP client and service. It may be used for audio and video direct calls and calls through any VoIP softswitch or IP-PBX. Also, Linphone provides the possibility to exchange instant messages.
All-in-one secure chat app for teams, friends and organizations. Keeps conversations in your control, safe from data-mining and ads. Talk to everyone through the open global Matrix network, protected by proper end-to-end encryption. Element is the fast, simple, and private way to communicate with family, friends, teams, colleagues, organizations, and the wider world.
The Austrian company eyeson developed a unique group video call & multi-speaker webinar tool which is based on its patented Single Stream technology. HD video & audio is always guaranteed, as the bandwidth and CPU remain constantly low.
Adobe is the global leader in digital media and digital marketing solutions. Our creative, marketing and document solutions empower everyone – from emerging artists to global brands – to bring digital creations to life and deliver immersive, compelling experiences to the right person at the right moment for the best results.
Blackboard Classroom is a simple and powerful digital learning environment that enables personalized learning anytime and anywhere. It offers a comprehensive digital learning environment for K-12 that can grow with you as your digital learning needs evolve.
grptalk is an audio conferencing app that lets you talk to a group of people from anywhere, and at any time. Entering PINs, delayed joining times, zero member visibility, and call drops! Traditional conference calling has been blighted by these problems for too long. It took a brave idea, solid planning and a team of dynamic individuals to successfully develop a solution that would simplify co... read more
MeetFox is a SaaS solution that creates a seamless experience for consultants to manage their client meetings from start to finish with appointment scheduling, video conferencing, and secure payments with invoicing. We make your life simpler by automating daily tasks. Focus on what matters most. Schedule appointments, have online meetings, get paid, send invoices, and more. MeetFox has you covered... read more
AirParrot allows you to wirelessly beam your screen or media files to a variety of media receivers. AirParrot quickly discovers available receivers on your network and uses Quick Connect to connect directly to a device running Reflector 2. Easily share your screen, videos, audio, presentations and so much more.
Fluvid is an Online Screen Capture and Video recording communication tool for the community that lets them communicate with their customers & team members effectively over video. Things that are difficult to write over email/text can now be solved with this screen & video recording software.
Connect with your team from anywhere. With easy-to-join video calls, you can connect face-to-face with team members around the world. Hangouts Meet is included with G Suite and G Suite for Education. The application works in sync with the other Google applications. It also comes as a Chrome extension and can be used across all devices.
Workplace connects everyone in an organization using familiar Facebook features like chat, video calling, posts and groups. It works alongside the business tools you already use, providing a simple and secure way for people to share knowledge, work together and build connected communities.
Mobility doesn’t have to limit productivity. Cisco Jabber delivers instant messaging, voice and video calls, voice messaging, desktop sharing, conferencing, and presence. Find the right people, see whether and how they’re available, and collaborate more effectively.
vFairs is a virtual event platform that enables organizations to conduct online events namely virtual career/job fairs, online conferences, summits, forums, trade shows, expos and meet-ups. The platform offers an intuitive virtual experience to exhibitors and visitors alike, along with other highlights like interactive features (audio/video chat), excellent scalability and several customization ... read more
Whereby is a collaboration tool for professionals who want to host easy and reliable video meetings. All meetings are from your browser - no downloads, and no login for guests. Regarded as the easiest to use video tool, Whereby serves the small and medium business market of various industries. Professionals can effortlessly connect to teammates, partners and clients on a secure platform they can t... read more
Fuze is a global cloud communications and collaboration software platform for the enterprise. Through an innovative and consumer-inspired unified experience, Fuze enables seamless transition between voice, video, messaging, and content sharing. Fuze empowers the digital workforce anytime, anywhere, and across any device.
The Blizz Collaboration Companion from TeamViewer keeps you connected to your contacts and global team through video, voice, instant chat messaging, screen sharing, and more on any device, anywhere! The Blizz Collaboration Companion installs on your desktop or mobile phone for quick access to all your (Blizz and TeamViewer) contacts, enabling logged and indexed team messaging, face-to-face HD VoIP... read more
Collaboration and communication are all key to the success of today’s business organizations. StarLeaf brings people together to work better, wherever they are. Uniquely in the industry, StarLeaf is truly built for the enterprise. StarLeaf enables seamless collaboration through intelligently-engineered reliable meeting room systems, superior video, & secure messaging. StarLeaf has architected it... read more
Effective brainstorming, ideation, and problem solving need clear communication and solid interpersonal relationships. VidyoConnect is a meeting solution for team collaboration that speeds global alignment across your enterprise, allowing for better-informed decisions, faster responses and deeper trust.
Easymeeting delivers video conferencing that was made for humans, by humans. Imagine you could meet with a customer across town, a coworker across the state, and a partner across the country all in one day and still be home for dinner. At Easymeeting, this is what we strive for, providing you with an easy to use tool so you can work more efficiently and focus on the things that inspire you.
CommPartners believes that effective online learning stems from a well-planned and intelligent approach, with a core focus on creating positive user experiences. CommPartners is the leader in helping associations and non-profits provide meaningful online education and engagement opportunities. Our organization is comprised of leading industry consultants, innovative thought leaders, skilled event ... read more
Amazon Chime is a communications service that lets you meet, chat, and place business calls inside and outside your organization, all using a single application. Developers can use the same communications infrastructure and services that power Amazon Chime, and add audio calling, video calling, and screen sharing capabilities directly to their applications using the Amazon Chime SDK. Amazon Chime ... read more
FreeConference.com is the original free conference calling service specializing in online meetings, screen sharing, video conferencing, and much more. At FreeConference.com, we give you the freedom to choose how to connect to your meetings – be it through your phone, or your web browser. FreeConference.com is committed to providing reliable and affordable tools for online meetings of every size:... read more
- What is Web Conferencing?
- How Does Web Conferencing Work?
- Why is Web Conferencing important for businesses today?
- What is a Web Conference Software?
- Why must businesses invest in Web Conferencing Software?
- Types of Web Conferencing Software?
- Features of Web Conferencing Software?
- Advantages of Web Conferencing Software?
- What are the features to consider before purchasing a Web Conferencing software?
- What is the average price of Web Conferencing Software?
- How to Choose the right Web Conferencing Software for your Business?
- Why consider GoodFirms' list of top Web Conferencing Software?
Web conferencing is the process by which employees within organizations (or independent users) connect with one another in real-time using technological platforms and software that operate over the internet. Some software also uses audio-only content over the phone networks.
The software thus enables communication, collaboration, and completion tasks or projects efficiently. Individual users and employees use it on a one-to-one basis as well, when necessary.
Collectively, web conferencing solutions consist of a bouquet of digital communication facets such as video conferencing, screen sharing, VoIP calls, as well as document sharing, chat services, etc., to name a few.
Conferencing over the internet facilitates remote working. Employees use web conferencing to conduct a variety of duties such as business meetings, online training, presentations, troubleshooting problems with customers and employees, as well as online sales.
Web conferencing can be conducted by two methods - Through independent Software as a Service (SaaS) applications purchased and downloaded onto user desktops, or through internet hosting services which have the server space to conduct these meetings, conducted via web browsers.
Besides the hardware tools and software used by users to communicate, web conferencing requires hosts to check what time all the attendees are free and schedule the meetings or sessions accordingly. Post scheduling, the user is automatically assigned a virtual room or environment, wherein users can remotely enter using predefined login credentials, once they have permission to attend the meeting.
Once into the conference, users usually contain a raft of features such as screen presentations, and whiteboards (to note down important points), question and answer sessions on chat, and even passing control of important features among the attendees, if required.
Remote collaboration is highly valued in economies and industries around the globe. Using web conferencing systems, users can come together from different time-zones to help crystallize business strategies, efficiently.
Functions such as HR, IT support, and even finance can come together on a global platform to contribute solutions on a business level, all while functioning remotely. This increases the productivity and perspective of all departments from different regions. Support services for different functions may be provided online, as well.
Web Conferencing is handy for businesses when split-time decision making is required while considering a number of departments’ view-points within the firm.
It also helps businesses preserve budgets. Web conferencing tools help streamline business operations so that resource-starved companies can save on budgets, office space, and even on man-power, when expensive solutions such as travel could be deemed necessary. A sale, for example, can be closed without relocation by the personnel involved.
Web conferencing software is a digital tool that helps individuals communicate and collaborate over the internet. Web conferencing services are used by organizations and individuals to conduct meetings, publish podcasts, make presentations, host webinars, and so on.
These web conferencing platforms allow multi-casting of data - which includes text, pictures, video, and other formats - over separate geographic locations. The ambition is to ensure remote employees achieve optimum productivity working with teams, despite being situated remotely.
Web conferencing tools are downloadable onto devices as standalone applications, or are available as web-hosted internet connectivity applications. Technology has enabled web-telephony (VoIP), and regular mobile networks to host multiple users in audio-only meetings termed web conferences.
Web conferencing software consists of a suite of productivity tools that can enhance business continuity. Web Conferencing hardware necessities - like microphones and cameras - are usually built into most devices today, making the tool platform-independent. Skype, Zoom, and even Google Hangouts are popular Web conferencing solutions.
Businesses should consider investing in video conferencing software for the following reasons -
- Ease of use - Web conferencing tools are designed to be lightweight in storage and have a relatively simple user flow through the web conferencing app. In other words, most tools are just plug-and-play.
- Budgetary considerations - A halt to frequent travel for personnel, and a reduction in office space lease expenses are visible impacts of web conferencing software, thanks to the efficiency of web conferencing systems.
- Marketing Impact - Organizations can conduct Webinars, Podcasts, Learning Modules, interactive Question and Answer sessions to connect with a variety of audiences over the internet and market selective products and services to them.
- Employer Connect - Human Resources can connect with a majority of employees, all at one go. This helps them conduct employer branding activities seamlessly, while also moving several functions such as onboarding and offboarding to the virtual world.
- Competitive intelligence - With tools such as surveys and polls available to gauge user sentiments, organizations can use marketing activities to understand and implement much-needed features into the software. This allows companies to stay ahead of their competition.
- Innovative features - Much needed features to improve productivity and ease of usage are constantly introduced into web conferencing systems. This provides a massive boost for organizations.
Video conferencing systems can be classified into two different categories.
First, Software as a Service (SaaS) web conferencing apps are available for download from the Google Play Store, the Apple App Store, and the Microsoft store. Once downloaded, these applications require user sign-ups or log-ins. Once in, users can schedule meetings, or virtual calls with attendees from the same organization or distinct individuals.
The applications run on their own set of internet communication protocols to set up a secure, unified session management and easily manageable gateways. Examples of services include Skype.
Second, if dedicated applications do not fit organization needs, then organizations use web-based applications to host meetings. Hosts of meetings can log-in to the website and assign a specific time for attendees to join the call.
A fixed phone number and a numeric password, provided on prompt, will route the users to the virtual meeting room. This is usually an example of VoIP conference calls. Usually, information about the meeting is sent to the users via email or personal message. An example is freeconferencecall.com.
The features of video conferencing platforms are as follows -
- User Management - Only users with appropriate credentials can schedule meetings and/or join them. Log-ins required on dedicated user accounts, and codes generated to verify user identity before entering meetings on web conferencing systems.
- Chat and File Sharing - Most web conferencing systems have a dedicated chat counter, where users can share important information in writing. Document attachment and sharing features are also in-built to allow a multi-purpose perspective to the web conferencing tool.
- Screen Sharing - Web conference solution users can project the screen of their computer to all those attending the meeting and conduct presentations/demonstrations in the click of a finger.
- Recording - Users can record a call for reference purposes through the web conferencing services.
- Reporting - Information regarding meetings - attendees in the meeting, chats sent, documents shared, etc - should be available for the user to reference.
- Muting - Managers/Employees making important decisions should be able to mute others for the duration of the web conference for minimal disturbance. Similarly, users must also be able to mute themselves.
- Whiteboards - The web conferencing platform must have these components as part of chats to ensure
Some of the advantages of Web Conferencing Software are as follows -
- Secure and Reliable
- Real-time, clear and audible meetings on good internet quality
- Easy to install and use
- Minimal charges per user
- Effective Interdepartmental communication
- Budgetary savings from discontinuity in non-essential activities such as travel
- Valuable Business Intelligence
- Rapid Document Sharing
- Increase in work communication efficiency
- Additional features make conferences more engaging and participatory.
- Foster real-time collaboration
Some features are considered important for web conferencing software, while others are avoidable. The most important features a firm must consider before purchase of web conferencing tools are as follows -
- Interface - The web conferencing platform must be easy to install, and simple to use. Scheduling calls, accepting calls, and functionalities within calls, must be fluid and easy to navigate through.
- Reporting - User reports are considered important to improve the quality of conference calls. Besides, reports must also share data from other activities such as polls, surveys, etc.
- User Management - Only designated users, with valid log-ins or PINs, must be able to access calls, and use the full features of the platform on company accounts.
- Platform Independence - The software must be easily accessible on all platforms, be it mobile, desktop, or even tablets. Similarly, the software must be compatible with operating systems such as Windows, macOS, and ChromeOS, to name a few.
- Presentation and Screen Sharing - Conference participants must be allowed to share screens of their computers for presentation purposes. This enhances attendee participation on the call.
- Muting - Several times, background noises from caller environments disrupt the call quality. Audiences must be provided to mute themselves until they need to speak, or the host must be able to mute everyone who isn’t speaking.
- Language Support - The platform must support a variety of linguistic capabilities from multiple dialects.
- On-Demand web-casting - Organizations can use the web-casting feature to conduct important learning and development lessons along with Webinars, to employees as well as outsiders who may be interested in specific topics.
- Real-Time Chat - Chatting interfaces are provided so that users may share important information between each other, and the group when necessary.
- Video Conferencing - Besides audio, video conferences are important for users to share face-time with each other, make presentations and seminars, as well as create a platform of trust while working remotely.
- Recording and Playback - The web conferencing software must have a recording tool to store video/meeting details for later use. It should also come with playback capability to ensure the recorded video/audio has been captured to the best possible extent in terms of quality and length of content.
The price of a video conferencing service depends on the number of users that an organization intends to distribute access to.
A list of the Free and Open Source Web Conferencing Software has been published by GoodFirms, for those firms interested. The software mentioned in the list have a rich set of functionalities, which are already in effect at organizations around the world.
UberConference, Proficonf, and Zoom are popular software tools that employ a freemium model of pricing. They have a base free version, which allows users to make free calls for a predetermined time-limit. The call is halted if the user exceeds this limit. Premium versions of these software ranges between $12 and $25 per user per month.
Video conferencing tools such as Zoho Showtime and Bluejeans are charged on a per-user basis for all their solution sets. The range varies between $9 (Starter), $16 (Business Standard), and $30 (Enterprise) per user per month.
Web Video is a platform that offers a one-time purchase rate. Plans begin at $3995 without using their hosting service, and $4995 for an all-inclusive lifetime purchase. ElectroMeet is a video conferencing platform that licenses its product on a yearly plan for a specified limit of users.
The Silver and Gold licenses, each accommodating up to 120 users, are priced at $4000 and $9000 annually.
You can choose the right web conferencing software for your organization by considering a few important factors.
- Users/Hosts - The organization will need to estimate the percentage of the workforce who will have access to specific versions, and types, of the web conferencing systems.
- Software type - Web conferencing software are available as standalone applications or can be accessed over a web browser on the internet. Some solutions offer video telephony conferencing, while others are limited to VoIP. Softwares have a mixture of both functionalities. An organization’s purchase decision must depend on the type of software it wishes to employ.
- Budget - Once the users have been estimated, an approximate budget may be allocated to the purchase of video conferencing solutions. The budget will depend on the plan(s) of various web conferencing software the organization wishes to deploy, and its per-user rate. Budgets are also calculated on whether an organization will purchase a Software as a Service (Saas) provider, like Zoom, or if they choose a web-hosting VoIP conference call provider, like freeconferencecall.com.
- Features - Most organizations prefer a rich feature set within the web conferencing apps that boost productivity. Whiteboards, screen sharing and chat functionality, etc., are essentials within web conferencing software today. Unlimited virtual conference rooms, a software capability on the web conferencing service vendor side is also considered a must-have addition, to prevent limited call capabilities.
- Security - Data security will also be a top-most priority for most organizations in the purchase window. User chats, via video or text, must be encrypted.
- Trials/Demo versions - organizations must be allowed to test/trial run their software choices before investing in the web conferencing software.
Goodfirms’ exhaustive and concise list of web conferencing software will enhance the understanding of prospective buyers, who can then contrast, compare, and select their choice.
The Buyer’s Guide offers a clear presentation of the features, advantages, and costs associated with web conferencing platforms. Be it Free and Open-source web conferencing software, or freemium and premium versions, GoodFirms has you covered with information on the same.
Not just considering free video conferencing software? Goodfirms’ software directory enlists information on various kinds of multi-disciplinary software.