Video Conferencing Software
Video Conferencing has become extremely critical for organizations to facilitate workflow, productivity, and communication. There is no doubt that video conferencing will become a more significant aspect of our work life going forward. So, investing in the best video conferencing tool is the need of the hour.
What is Video Conferencing Software?
Video Conferencing platforms allow users to communicate effectively, hangout virtually, and conduct meetings over a digital medium. The software helps increase collaboration between remote working employees while improving the productivity of personnel during Working from Home (WFH) conditions.
How to select the best Video Conferencing Solution?
Choosing the best video conferencing system is relatively straightforward. However, there exist features that must be considered before the purchase is made final. GoodFirms’ comprehensive list of best Video Conferencing Software featuring information on their characteristics, advantages, and individual cost is sure to make the buying process a lot simpler and hassle-free.
List of Best Video Conferencing Platforms | Top Video Conferencing System
- Enterprise video conferencing with real-time messaging and content sharing
Zoom Meetings are easy, reliable, and secure, providing HD video, audio, and content sharing across everything from your mobile and desktop devices to telephones and conference room systems. Special features include cloud and local recording with transcripts and multi-user annotation capabilities via screen share. Easy access with one click, chat across platforms and share files all with encrypted... learn more about Zoom"Fantastic Tool"Tim BrownsonVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$14.99 per Month
- Video Conferencing for the Digital Workplace
BlueJeans is the meetings platform for the modern workplace. We bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day. The first cloud service to connect desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want. It is the meeting solut... learn more about BlueJeans"Consistent, user friendly and reliable platform"Nipon Das, CEO at LupagenVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialAvailableEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Make amazing things happen together at home.
Microsoft Teams is a Cloud-based application developed for business communications that helps manage chat, meet, file sharing, and more. Whether it’s chat, calls, or video, anyone can engage at any time, bringing everyone closer. Your docs, photos, videos, chat history, and meeting notes are always there, so it’s easier to work together. Set up your team’s space with all the apps you need so... learn more about Microsoft Teams"Communication within and outside your organization"Quentin GoinVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$5 per Month
- Fast, reliable, and secure video conferencing
An industry leader in web conferencing, GoToMeeting is trusted by millions of people every day for professional real-time virtual communication. GoToMeeting provides a fast, easy and reliable professional online meeting solution that enables customers to meet face to face, share presentations and chat with colleagues, all with the click of a button. GoToMeeting pairs productivity with the flexibil... learn more about GoToMeeting"Go To Meetings is a favorite for staying connected"Ann M. FrankVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$12 per Month
- A communication tool built for businesses to connect anywhere, anytime
Collaborate with your coworkers and clients remotely through group video calls, screen sharing, and messaging. Skype is for doing things together, whenever you’re apart.... learn more about Skype"MS Teams is a Life Saver!! "Sohaib Ahmed Khattak - PCI QIR
- More than meetings.
Google Meet is a video-communication service developed by Google. It is one of two apps that constitute the replacement for Google Hangouts, the other being Google Chat. ... learn more about Google Meet"Anyone with a Google account can create an online meeting"John Howard , CEO at COUPON LAWNVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$6 per Month
- Add Communication to any Application or Website.
QuickBlox is a cloud communications backend providing developers and companies with APIs and SDKs for their Android, iOS or JS application development and integration. Since 2010, QuickBlox enables its customers to add messaging, voice, and video calling to their mobile and web apps. QuickBlox fulfills all server-side requirements of app development ensuring ready-to-use cost-efficient and scalabl... learn more about QuickBlox"Great to work with!"Martin Hannes, President & CEO at Kovue Systems LLCVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$99 per Month
- Working better, together.
Webex brings together Calling Meetings, and Messaging modes of collaboration into a seamless, inclusive and intelligent experience. Make meetings more interactive and engaging - Reduce disruptions with background noise removal and voice enhancement - Enable audiences to share their reactions with animated emojis and gesture recognition - Improve audience engagement with next-gen dynamic polling an... learn more about Webex"Excelent Meeting Tool"Oscar AvelarVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$12.63 per Month
- Browser-Based Video Conferencing Platform
Proficonf is a professional video conferencing platform that allows its users to make or join video meetings with up to 250 participants without any downloads or installations. Proficonf saves time to connect with teammates, business partners, tutors, students, etc. After creating Proficonf account users can start video meetings instantly in a couple of clicks or tune it for their needs. Proficonf... learn more about Proficonf"Good piece of software for small distributive businesses"Joshua WilksVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Video Conferencing Software
VideoMeet is a reliable video conferencing software that allows you to host and join meetings quickly with a single-click quick interface. From 1:1 meetings to group video meetings, VideoMeet fits the requirements of businesses of every size and type. VIDEOMEET allows users to initiate and experience Artificial Intelligence Enabled, high-definition (HD), multi-point audio/ video conferencing solut... learn more about Videomeet"It gives the authority to maintain the decorum of online classes"Dr. K.B Sharma, Principal at S.S. Jain Subodh Colleage
- Work gets better on the same page.
Start collaborating with your team and get more things done with Samepage, an award-winning team collaboration software. With Sampage, teams of all shapes and sizes can take advantage of a wide range of online collaborative tools including team chat, video conferencing, task management, file sharing, real-time document collaboration, and more. Its integration with leading business apps also helps ... learn more about Samepage"Provides all the features that small business needs"Werner Jorgensen, Marketing & Sales Manager at Heatxperts
- Meet beautifully
Dialpad’s mission is to make business communications great. Built on the Google Cloud Platform for unmatched security, reliability and scale, Dialpad’s product suite covers the full range of modern business communications needs with Dialpad, UberConference and Call Center solutions all powered by VoiceAI. Today more than 55,000 of the world’s most innovative businesses use Dialpad and its se... learn more about Dialpad Meetings""Tomas Kolafa, CMO at Growth MediaVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$15 per Month
- It's now easier than ever to personalize your join.
join.me is a collaboration tool designed to cut through pointless processes, politics and protocols with a single click. It helps you, your team and your company by making collaboration simple, instant and continuous.Customize your meeting link to whatever you want. Brand it to your company, to the meeting subject, or even to match your personality. ... learn more about Join.me" It’s an easy-to-use video conferencing software "Ethan Taub, CEO at Loanry
- Meeting solutions for the way you work.
Lifesize combines best-in-class, cloud-based video conferencing services with integrated equipment that sets a new standard for workplace communication and productivity on a global scale. Join meetings with the touch of a button or simply by walking into the room. It's a meeting experience like no other. Lifesize is so user-friendly it has reduced video conferencing support for companies as big as... learn more about Lifesize"Love the versitility"Brian MarcusVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$14.95 per Month
- Helping SaaS, SMBs and enterprise companies alike.
At Livestorm we help companies get the most of their webinars. Our mission is to make your webinars simpler and more efficient.At Livestorm, we strive to build the best experience possible for our users. We focus on design, high disponibility, and technical capabilities so that you only have to focus on doing great webinars for your company. ... learn more about Livestorm"Livestorm offers services for any business looking to hold a safe and secure web conference."Ludovic Rembert , Founder at Privacy Canada and Security Analyst
- Audio Conferencing Like Never Before!
grp talk is an audio conferencing app that lets you talk to a group of people from anywhere, and at any time. Entering PINs, delayed joining times, zero member visibility, and call drops! Traditional conference calling has been blighted by these problems for much too long. So it took a brave idea, solid planning, and a team of dynamic individuals to successfully develop a solution that would s... learn more about grptalk"What's not to love!"Akumu FionaVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial15 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Keep Your Enterprise Connected
Businesses are built on the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are built by Avaya. For over one hundred years, we’ve enabled organizations around the globe to win – by creating intelligent communications experiences for customers and employees. Avaya builds open, converged and innovative solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration – i... learn more about Avaya Spaces"Great chatting experience with options for direct chats, and group chats!"Rany TannouriVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial1 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Enterprise Video Conferencing Solutions
Pexip enables enterprises and organizations of any size to deploy and use video-based communication and collaboration. The Company’s portfolio of products ranges from self-hosted software to cloud service video solutions. Pexip provides seamless collaboration between previously incompatible video and audio technologies such as professional video conferencing systems, Skype for Business, Microsof... learn more about Pexip"Hosting web conferences"CJ Xia, VP of Marketing & Sales at Boster Biological TechnologyVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial15 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- All your work in one place
Simplify task management with Flock! Email less and get more work done. From instant messaging to creating channels to integrating with your favorite external apps like Google, MailChimp, Dropbox, Jira, Trello, and more - organize all your work streams with Flock. Flock is a powerful work tool that comes loaded with built-in features like Shared To-Dos, Reminders, Notes, Polls, and more!... learn more about Flock"It has some amazing features like polls, note sharing, and reminders"Bradley Stevens, Founder and CEO at LLC FormationsVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$3.27 per Month
- Meeting remotely just got easier
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud enterprise unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center,... learn more about RingCentral Video"High-level security"Reuben Yonatan, Founder and CEO at GetVoIPVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$19.99 per Month
- Team communication software
Team communication software that's built to power your business productivity. Communicate, collaborate, and reach consensus. Use Cliq to stay connected with your team, no matter where you are.The business communication app that includes real-time messaging, calling, task management and automation. ... learn more about Zoho Cliq
- Webinar Your Way
ClickMeeting is a browser-based platform for hosting webinars and training sessions. Since the platform is browser-based ClickMeeting works on all devices and operating systems. It also does not require software installation. Its user interface has all the tools necessary to make webinars engaging for attendees and cost-effective for organizers. ... learn more about ClickMeetingVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$25 per Month
- Meetings Reimagined
Starting with no app downloads or pin codes, Highfive is built to be easy enough for anyone in your organization to collaborate effortlessly. Admins love how Highfive’s all-in-one solution reduces IT headaches usually associated with video conferencing. Plus, the meeting room hardware takes just minutes to set up. No need to hang mics or set up dedicated computers. ... learn more about HighFiveVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$9.99 per Month
- Screen Sharing and audio/video conferencing right from your browser.
Dead Simple Screen Sharing is a Free and simple solution to conduct screen sharing, audio conferencing, web meetings and webinars for sales, customer support, team collaboration, health care professionals and education. ... learn more about Dead Simple Screen Sharing
- Open source web conferencing.
Openmeetings provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.... learn more about Apache OpenMeetings
- Must-Have Web Conferencing & Video Conferencing.
ezTalks is specializes in providing reliable web conferencing and video conferencing solutions. It offers cloud and on-premise software with powerful features such as HD video/ audio Chat, IM, screen sharing, record, and whiteboard, etc. It also offers high-quality video conferencing devices which are integrated with software and deliver the simple and ultimate meeting experience. ezTalks aims to ... learn more about ezTalks
- Multi-platform open-source video conferencing.
Jitsi is an open-source web conferencing tool designed to help businesses of all sizes collaborate across teams via video conferencing in real-time. Key features of the platform include dial-in, simulcasting, call recording, screen sharing, and scalable video coding among others. The system allows participants to exchange texts, secure rooms with passwords, and gain insights into the talk-time sta... learn more about Jitsi
- Own your conversations.
Element is a Matrix-based end-to-end encrypted messenger and collaboration app. Its decentralized design delivers digital sovereignty, enabling deployment on-premise or through any cloud provider. Element Matrix Services (EMS) is the most popular hosted solution for the corporate use of Element. EMS provides fast performance and enterprise-grade add-ons. Being Matrix-based, Element provides intero... learn more about ElementVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$3 per Month
- Webinars that transform your business.
Host webinars to educate and engage your leads. Broadcast your screen, launch polls, and answer questions in real time. Record, watch, and share your webinars online. Analyze reports to identify and convert genuine leads to loyal customers. ... learn more about Zoho MeetingVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$1.99 per Month
- Adobe Connect empowers you to create exceptional digital training, webinar.
Adobe is the global leader in digital media and digital marketing solutions. Our creative, marketing and document solutions empower everyone – from emerging artists to global brands – to bring digital creations to life and deliver immersive, compelling experiences to the right person at the right moment for the best results.... learn more about Adobe Connect
- The Best Way to Collaborate
Using multiple apps plus email to communicate with your team is difficult, complex, and expensive.Ryver™ makes managing your team’s collaboration easy, simple, and affordable by organizing it all in one app.Anytime a predetermined event occurs, follow-up instructions and task assignments are automatically delivered to everyone who needs to know within seconds. ... learn more about RyverVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$49.00 per Month
- We partner with trade shows and conferences around the world to market events
Map Your Show's event & conference management software serves all three event audiences: show managers, exhibitors, and attendees. Currently used by 9 of the top 11 Gold 100 events.Events big or small - it doesn't matter. MYS event management software is both developed and serviced in-house here in Cincinnati. If you want fast, data-driven applications to make your event easier to manage - and loo... learn more about Map Your Show
- Video meetings for your business.
Connect with your team from anywhere. With easy-to-join video calls, you can connect face-to-face with team members around the world. Hangouts Meet is included with G Suite and G Suite for Education. The application works in sync with the other Google applications. It also comes as a Chrome extension and can be used across all devices.... learn more about Google HangoutsVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$1.66 per Month
- Connect everyone in your organization
Workplace connects everyone in an organization using familiar Facebook features like chat, video calling, posts, and groups. It works alongside the business tools you already use, providing a simple and secure way for people to share knowledge, work together and build connected communities. Workplace is a business communication tool from Meta that helps your teams stay connected in a simple and se... learn more about Workplace
- Freedom to work from anywhere
Whereby is a collaboration tool for professionals who want to host easy and reliable video meetings. All meetings are from your browser - no downloads, and no login for guests. Regarded as the easiest to use video tool, Whereby serves the small and medium business market of various industries. Professionals can effortlessly connect to teammates, partners and clients on a secure platform they can t... learn more about WherebyVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$6.99 per Month
- #1 Global Cloud Communications Platform for the Enterprise
Fuze is a global cloud communications and collaboration software platform for the enterprise. Through an innovative and consumer-inspired unified experience, Fuze enables a seamless transition between voice, video, messaging, and content sharing. Fuze empowers the digital workforce anytime, anywhere, and across any device.... learn more about FuzeVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$15 per Month
- Video conferencing in the cloud
StarLeaf is the messaging, meeting, and calling platform that takes the friction out of secure business collaboration. It's a cleaner alternative to more disjointed, complex, and frustrating collaboration and video conferencing tools, helping people to connect quickly and easily, and enjoy what they do more too.... learn more about StarLeafVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$12.99 per Month
- Online Meetings and Video Conferencing
Amazon Chime is a communications service that lets you meet, chat, and place business calls inside and outside your organization, all using a single application. Amazon Chime Voice Connector is a service that enables enterprises to migrate their telephony workloads to AWS. Online solution for web conferencing and meeting management with easy check-in to show who's attending the meeting.... learn more about Amazon Chime
- Free Conference Calls & Online Meetings
FreeConference.com is the original free conference calling service specializing in online meetings, screen sharing, video conferencing, and much more. At FreeConference.com, we give you the freedom to choose how to connect to your meetings – be it through your phone, or your web browser. FreeConference.com is committed to providing reliable and affordable tools for online meetings of every size:... learn more about FreeConferenceVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$9.99 per Month
- Live Video Conversations Now Simplified
All the benefits of in-office interaction, all the freedom of remote work, all in one place. Build a community for your remote team with Remo. Remo is a video-first virtual workspace for remote teams that fosters real-time collaboration and strengthens company culture. ... learn more about RemoVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$270 per Month
- Cloud-based screen sharing platform
Demodesk is the first entirely cloud-based communication platform that lets you share your screen through a dedicated virtual desktop. We redefine screen sharing for Sales and Success teams, make conferencing painless and automate scheduling & preparation to help you sell more and increase customer retention.... learn more about DemodeskVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$25 per Month
- Meet with anyone. Now.
Sylaps is making real-time secure communication a reality by providing easy to use, secure and reliable video conferencing solution for everybody. Sylaps also provide integration services and consulting for small and large business that want to integrate WebRTC technology into their services. Instantaneous, Audio and Video meeting collaboration. As simple as opening on a link to join a meeting on ... learn more about SylapsVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$19.90 per Month
- Self-hosted video conferencing and team messaging platform
TrueConf provides award-winning video conferencing software to connect desktops, mobiles, phones, H.323/SIP endpoints, and much more across your entire organization. Our solution is installed instantly and deployed in 15 minutes in your company’s network, while your employees enjoy high-quality video conferencing from any platform — Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Android TV or browsers. ... learn more about TrueConf ServerVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial365 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Jiminny is the platform for all your customer conversations.
Jiminny brings together a sales communications platform built to develop the skills of your team, improve productivity and collaboration, whilst helping the whole business stay connected to your customer. Every conversation is automatically logged to your CRM, captured, analyzed, and instantly ready to share or coach from a searchable library. We've broken down all the barriers to coaching - so ea... learn more about JiminnyVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$75 per Month
- Virtual Phone System Services
With OfficeSuite HD Meeting, host online meetings, HD video and audio conferences for up to 100 people from virtually any device. Meeting organizers and participants can use any phone, any PC or Apple computer or even an iPhone, iPad or Android device to host or join a meeting. Connect instantly by sharing your personal meeting room number or schedule meetings using Outlook and Google Calendar int... learn more about OfficeSuite HD Meeting
- Video Cloud Services
LiveConf is much more than the traditional video conference with participants share content. It is a multitude of other video applications. Without complex infrastructure, automation and audiovisual integration becomes possible with LiveConf. LiveConf brings both simplicity of integration usability, interoperability without barriers. LiveConf is the integration of video conferencing platform the ... learn more about LiveConfVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialAvailableEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Superior collaboration experience with HD voice and video
C-Meeting operators help organizers with setting up and managing the session. Participants are invited to join in advance and prepare for the session. Web conferencing solution with HD audio, screen sharing, video, LIVE ASSISTANCE, chat, recording & playback, and more!T... learn more about C-Meeting
- Video Conferencing Systems
Professional videoconferencing tool of the German company alfatraining, which is offering labour market training programs. Perfect for implementing live training, webinars, and general business communications between teams. System remains stable and fatigue-free for users. Allows you to connect 20, 50, 100, and more people simultaneously with high-quality videos and lip-synchronous sound with real... learn more about alfaviewVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$5.69 per Month
- Videochat Straight Out Of Your Website And More!
Consolto offers a plugin that embeds on your website and enables you to communicate with your clients as close as possible to being there with them. On top of the trivial chat, video chat, and screen sharing, we've built an innovative collaborative map application tailored to travel agents, tour operators, travel guides, and hotels. In addition, for support and sales teams, we provide a 3D model t... learn more about ConsoltoVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$8.2 per Month
- Introduction to buyer's guide for Video Conferencing Software
- What are the common challenges in confronting meetings and conferences offline?
- What is Video Conferencing Software?
- How Video Conferencing System Works?
- Who uses Video Conferencing Software?
- What are the different types of Video Conference Software?
- What are the advantages of Video Conferencing Software?
- What are the essential features to look for in a Video Conferencing Software?
- How to set up a Video Conferencing System?
- What are the new Video Conferencing trends?
- Is a video Conferencing System secure?
- What is the approximate cost of Video Conferencing Software?
- Why refer to GoodFirms’ list of top Video Conferencing Software?
Introduction to buyer's guide for Video Conferencing Software
Among all the species, humans have succeeded in achieving some incredible things all this while. One of the key reasons for this success is the innate nature to coordinate with each other through effective communication and teamwork. This is the reason why meetings and conferences have so much importance in almost all sectors. The traditional technologies may include telephonic conversation, seminars, PowerPoint presentation, or whiteboard sketches.
However, with improving technologies, the older methods are slowly wading off, and several organizations are adopting online, real-time, video conferencing methods.
What are the common challenges in confronting meetings and conferences offline?
- Frequent Travelling: Frequent travelling is a common scenario in attending offline conferences. It consumes a lot of time for meeting correspondents and adds extra expenses. If the meeting is cross-border, they have to reach the meeting place 1 or 2 days in advance.
- Conference meeting set up: The meeting modulator has to see there is enough space and facility available to conduct the session. They may have to arrange for equipment like microphones, monitors, projectors, and other supporting utilities.
- Unable to track meeting’s productivity: With offline meetings, it is not possible to track productivity. During offline sessions, sometimes the modulator and correspondents may deviate from the main discussion or topic due to overwhelming details. In such scenarios, there is no way to analyze or track conference productivity.
- Difficult to reschedule the meeting: Rescheduling an offline meeting could be a costly affair, especially if the participants are travelling from a distant location. Usually, for an offline meeting, the participants have to arrange accommodation and book tickets in advance, cancellation or rescheduling could incur high cost.
- No specific start or end time: It can be difficult to get everyone together on time for a meeting, especially if someone is joining from a far location. It is the same while ending the meeting.
- No immediate action: Once the offline meeting is diffused, it usually takes time for participants to reach back to their workplace and put things into action.
What is Video Conferencing Software?
Video conferencing software allows two or more people to see and hear each other at the same time, regardless of their geographic location. The users exchange visual information via webcams, while audio content may be distributed through a computer or the telephone system.
The video conferencing systems become even more powerful when other communication mediums combine with the tool through UCaaS ( Unified Communication as a Service). The Video Conferencing System is now a household name, but it took decades to taste the success.
John Baird was the one who demonstrated the world’s first working TV set, and later made many attempts at video calling between 1920 and 1930. But it was only in 1956; the Bell Labs were able to roll out their prototype and made the first video call. However, the viable solution was released by AT&T in 90’s, which became popular worldwide with the introduction of the internet. Since then, everything has changed for video technology and its application in various fields, especially for video conferencing. A small meeting room that can chair only 8-10 people can now address twice or thrice its capacity through an LED screen.
The present-day video conferencing technology makes it possible to keep communications flowing effectively whether the teams are working irrespective of the office or from home. The best video conferencing for business allows users to share their screens, chat via text, exchange files, remotely access one another's desktops, communicate through digital whiteboards, and even broadcast conferences to large groups. Companies small and large can immediately start with video conferencing systems, without the need for complex infrastructure on the premises.
How Video Conferencing System Works?
The core idea of the best video conferencing software is to transmit effective communication between two ends.
Step 1: Video Capturing
The videos captured by the camera takes the form of quick sequences of images. These images or audio-videos are in analog form. The video conferencing software converts them into digital information before the broadcast.
Step 2: Video files compressed and encoded
The digital file is compressed and encoded by the software. Without compression, the video would take up too much bandwidth.
Step 3: Video transmission
The video conferencing system uses internet protocols to send the digital file in the form of packets. Remember a low internet bandwidth can slow down the video conferencing.
Step 4: Video reception and decoding
The software decodes and decompresses the digital files it receives. It then converts the video file format from digital to analog.
Step 5: Finetunes the video quality
Later the video goes through several filters and removes unnecessary echo and hissing sound. It also keeps the video and audio in sync.
Who uses Video Conferencing Software?
There are huge benefits of video conferencing tools, and hardly there would be any sectors left that have not used them. However, there are a few industries that use it more frequently than any other Industry.
- Education sector
- Corporates and service sector
- Media and entertainment industry
- Health Industry
- Events, Meeting and Conference industry
Many organizations have a hybrid work environment that mixes on-premise workers with remote ones. They may even work with workers split geographically. Video conferencing apps serve as an essential collaboration tool for such teams.
What are the different types of Video Conference Software?
- Telepresence Video Conferencing System: Telepresence conference involves transmitting participants’ presence to a remote location. Telepresence is often deployed in meeting rooms equipped with high-resolution plasma monitors and VoIP phones. A complete telepresence system ranges from $55,000 to half a million. The telepresence video conference setup gives a feeling as if all the correspondents are sitting in the same room and around the same table.
- Integrated Video Conferencing System: Integrated video conferencing systems are ideal for classroom conferences and boardroom. The integrated video conferencing system connects multi-office companies through high-quality video and audio. It is usually fixed to a particular conference room. It may cost a bit higher due to equipment maintenance and installation.
- Desktop Video Conferencing System: This can be operated through the video and audio features already present on the laptop or desktop. The video conferencing solution is a simple way to connect a large number of people. The system can be availed in two ways: installing a ready-to-use software on your desktop or a hardware codec that doubles as your computer monitor.
- Service-based Video Conferencing System: In this type of conference set up the service is often rendered through a telecom carrier. They take care of all the technicalities involved in it.
- Mobile/ Cloud-based Video Conferencing System: The cloud-based video conferencing system is recommended for the business, whose team members travel or work out in the field. The cloud-based conferencing system supporting access to mobile devices allows users to conduct meetings through the mobile network of their tablet or smartphone.
What are the advantages of Video Conferencing Software?
- Overcoming geographical barriers: The video conferencing is unique as it allows overcoming geographical barriers. It can call or contact any other person, without any restrictions.
- Video calls with several participants: Video conferencing solutions allow users to communicate with multiple correspondents at the same time. It is different from simple video calling, which is normally one-to-one video communication.
- Saves money and time: Usually, team members have to travel to distant locations to meet clients and discuss projects. With video conferencing, they can reduce travel time and expenses. Even in-office meetings bear the cost in the form of setting up the meeting place. With video conferencing software, the user can save time and money.
- More personal and engaging: Video conferencing gives more personal feeling compared to the telephonic conversation.
- More flexibility: The video call gives individuals more flexibility. Even if the person is outside the office, the software gives the flexibility to join meetings through a laptop, smartphone, iPad, or other mobile devices..
- Higher productivity: The video conferencing software eliminates time and space barriers. The meetings could become much more efficient and shorter.
- Live demonstration: The video conferencing software is an advantage for those who want to demonstrate something on the screen. The user can show a sample product to a client or show things that one cannot take along with them in a suitcase while traveling to a meeting. The user can even take reviews from team members about the product.
- Mute or Unmute individual participants: The conference modulator can mute and unmute participants as needed. Not just that they can even create a waiting room while preparing for the meeting.
- Reports and Analytics: The software also reflects important metrics like live-meeting highlights, real-time transcription, and post-meeting summaries.
- Embedded with office tools: Most video conferencing tools have inbuilt support for office tools, which makes chat, task management, and file sharing easy.
What are the essential features to look for in a Video Conferencing Software?
- Mobile access
- Meeting lock
- Real-time chat
- User-friendly interface
- Presentation streaming
- Record & playback ability
- Two-way audio & video
- Video conferencing
- Group collaboration
- On-demand webcasting
- Presentation tools
- Screen sharing
- Automatic updates
- Robust security
- Seamless integration
- Meeting recording
- Guest invites
- Dial-in conference line
- Cloud recording
- Note-taking and sharing in real-time
- Risk-based authentication
- Generate Analytic Reports
- Direct Messages
- 24X7 Customer support
- Private meeting rooms
- Virtual background templates
- Split participants into smaller teams
How to set up a Video Conferencing System?
The set up of the video conferencing system involves two steps,
Setting up the hardware
Installation of video conferencing software
1) Setting up the hardware:
- High-resolution camera: The best quality video calls require a great video conferencing camera system. It is recommended that the user using laptops have a superior quality camera for online conferencing.
- Microphone: The conference participant must see that their microphone is equipped with echo cancellation, automatic noise reduction, and automatic gain control to give meeting room participants the best audio experience.
- Video display screen/ Computer: If there are more participants than dual displays or projectors are recommended, but for a limited number of participants, a 4K television would be ideal. Computers or laptops with high configuration and fast processors can also be used as an alternative.
- High internet connectivity: A weak internet connection can result in shoddy audio-video quality. After all the effort one puts behind hardware and software set up, the user may not like to see the online meeting suffering due to loose internet connection.
2) Setting up Software:
- Research your software thoroughly: There is an endless list of video conferencing software available in the market. It is essential that users cross-check their requirements and budget with the tools. Users can use video conferencing software reviews to shortlist the tool or visit the website that shows video conferencing software comparison. There are even online conference software that can be accessed straight from the browser. The online conference software or browser-based system is ideal for those team members who are not allowed to download any software from external sources. It is important that whatever software user uses, it should easily integrate with the hardware.
- Mobile video conferencing app: If the meeting correspondents need on-the-go access via smartphones and tablets, then the user may have to install mobile apps
- Send user guide to team members: Once the user selects the video conference software, the user guide or training video should be shared with the team members to acquaint with the features.
- Install the software: The user can install the software and start using it.
What are the new Video Conferencing trends?
- Everything connected on Cloud: The cloud-based video conferencing platform helps to reduce the unnecessary investment done after hardware, infrastructure, and network. The cloud-based video conferencing system sends updates automatically to all connected devices and apps to ensure that the team is running on the latest software version. It allows access to the rich features through a web browser that one uses in their desktop or mobile apps. Some software vendors even support cloud recording that eliminates the need to take the note on the go.
- Enhanced security features: The latest video conferencing system is focussed on enhancing security. It can automatically determine if suspicious behavior is taking place, such as login from an unauthorized device from a remote location. Besides that, the software focuses on security factors like Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) encryption and multiple authentication levels.
- Real-time edit: The video conferencing platform supports real-time workflows through audio, video, and rich screen and content sharing. While few allow editing the recording right within the software.
- Integrating with productivity tools: Ineffective meetings can quickly add cost to the organization. The current video conferencing tools are focused on increasing meeting productivity. The new video meeting tools support integrations with productivity tools to help their users.
- AR/ VR video conferencing systems: It is too early to comment on the AR/VR conferencing system, one cannot deny its application. The tech enthusiasts are seeing a wide application of VR and AR in video conferencing.
Is a video Conferencing System secure?
Yes, Video Conferencing systems are secure to use.
The modern-day online conferencing system is equipped with strong security layers. They come with intrusion-detection systems and fraud analytics, firewalls and session border controllers, vulnerability scans, multiple authentication levels. On top of that, to prevent interceptions, Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) encryption is activated between all endpoints.
What is the approximate cost of Video Conferencing Software?
Most of the video conferencing tools with basic features are not that expensive, except if the user opts for more advanced features or tools that permit a large number of participants. Video conferencing tools like Hangout Meets may charge users as low as $1.65/month, whereas high-end tools like Ryver, may cost $49 - $149/month.
While the users who want to settle with a medium price range then tools like Lifesize, RingCentral Video, Uberconferences, ClickMeeting, GoToMeeting. Their price may fall in between $12 - $25. Some of these tools may also offer a free trial for a limited period or free version for a lifetime with limited features.
In case if the user wants to test a free version or work on an open-source version then there are plenty of Free and Open Source Video Conferencing Software that might be quite helpful. The most video conferencing software list shares common basic features, but still, it is recommended to do in-depth research on functionalities a tool has to offer and how they can help within the organization.
Why refer to GoodFirms’ list of top Video Conferencing Software?
GoodFirms is a top review and rating platform that has been listing IT solutions. It is a quick and easy way for IT companies to mark their online presence. The website’s user-friendly interface and well-categorized software list allow companies to display their product in the most visible format. It also enables visitors to scan the product on features, ratings, and pricing at ease. The platform places software seekers in a better position to make critical decisions on software selection. Besides that, the growing list of software vendors can build a strong community to optimize business processes.
The influence of digital technologies is evident in almost every sector. The meeting room is one of them that is quickly adopting the latest technology like video conferencing solutions in their infrastructure. The video conferencing service is allowing companies to schedule meetings on the go and connect with participants without any boundaries.. Do not fail to check the list of the best video conferencing software to automate meeting scheduling and save your precious time.