Clinical Trial Management Software
Pharma and life science companies need to adhere to numerous protocols, regulations, and security standards for conducting clinical trials. The huge expenses, massive data sets, multiple administrative tasks, and involvement of several entities (researchers, pharmacists, sponsors, regulatory bodies, medical organizations, etc.) make clinical trials an extremely challenging task. Therefore, a ‘centralized control’ using a clinical trial management system (CTMS) that mitigates all the above challenges is indispensable for successful clinical trials.
What is the CTMS software?
A CTMS system is an application that assists researchers and organizations in conducting, and streamlining clinical trials efficiently. With a plethora of features, CTMS software helps organizations focus on the core tasks of formulating vaccines, medications, and other treatments. It accelerates clinical studies by providing real-time data support and end to end management of all processes such as compliance, scheduling, enrollment, documentation, finances, study plan, and many more.
How can you choose the best Clinical Trial Management Software?
The research requirements and responsibilities associated with clinical trials are immense. Therefore, GoodFirms’ research team has meticulously selected the most advanced and reliable clinical trial software solutions to help you make the right choice for your clinical portfolio. Check out the top clinical software below:
List of The Best Clinical Trial Management System | Best CTMS System
PappyJoe ,an Efficient Software for Doctors, Clinics, Physicians. Provides both Premise based/Offline Clinic Software and Cloud based/Online Clinic Software . PappyJoe provides Patient Registration, Patient Management, Appointment Scheduler, Storing and Retrieving of Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Messaging, e Billing, Expense Management, Medical Practice Management Information System, Mobile A ... read more about PAPPYJOEContact vendor7 Days100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
We're in the business of delivering quality results. Abbott Informatics supports the rapidly changing data management needs across your organization with our STARLIMS solution product suite. Our world-class Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and other informatics software solutions collect, handle, and interpret the data you need to get your products to market more quickly.Our soluti ... read more about Star LIMSContact vendorN/A50% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Teamscope is a software organization based in the Netherlands that offers a piece of software called Teamscope. Teamscope offers online and business hours support. Teamscope features training via documentation, webinars, and live online. The Teamscope software suite is SaaS, Android, iPhone, and iPad software. Teamscope is clinical trial management software, and includes features such as audit tra ... read more about Teamscope$169 Per Month7 Days33% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Advarra's Clinical Trial Management Software (CTMS) empowers clinical research teams to navigate the complexities of every trial with unmatched efficiency, collaboration, and data-driven insights. Discover the transformative power of a centralized platform, intelligent automation, and a patient-centric approach to transform clinical trials into seamless journeys that accelerate breakthroughs. Tail ... read more about OnCoreContact vendorN/A50% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Castor EDC is a cloud-based clinical trial management software that helps streamline the entire clinical trial process, from study design to data analysis. Its user-friendly interface and powerful features make Castor EDC a valuable tool for clinical trial managers, researchers, and sponsors. Castor EDC can be deployed in as little as four weeks, making it one of the fastest clinical trial managem ... read more about Castor EDCFree versionAvailable100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
ResearchManager is a comprehensive clinical trial management platform that streamlines the entire trial process, from protocol development to post-trial analysis. Its user-friendly interface and robust features empower clinical research professionals to manage their trials efficiently and effectively. It allows patients to stay informed, engaged, and confident throughout the trial process with Res ... read more about Research ManagerContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Clinion CTMS transforms a clinical trial into an efficient and cohesive work environment. Successful clinical trials require the ability to see key details and uncover hidden insights. Clinion’s scientific, medical, and domain-experts bring a unique mix of insights across the product lifecycle to reduce “pain-points” and enhance efficiency and effectiveness. Clinion CTMS is the new age Clini ... read more about Clinion CTMSContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Our technology has been developed by physicians and computer engineers to meet the needs of the biomedical and clinical research sector. We combine agility, speed of development and ease of use with compliance with the most demanding standards applicable in the industry for data protection and FDA applications. We serve our clients since 2011. Among our clients are important pharmaceutical laborat ... read more about XolomonContact vendorN/A50% in Clinical Trial Management Software
CRIO’s CTMS integrates seamlessly to save your clinical research site time and money in patient recruiting, scheduling, financial management, stipends, custom reporting, and more. Use our user-friendly calendar to easily schedule your subjects within window. It highlights the target days, and flags visits that were completed outside window or need to be scheduled soon. Sort patient databases, an ... read more about Clinical Research IOContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Target Health eSource EDC is aimed at helping organizations of all sizes with all their clinical trials software needs. As "Champions of the Paperless Clinical Trial", our patented eSource EDC software suite goes beyond direct data entry and electronic data capture (EDC), to include a clinical trial management system (CTMS), eInformed Consent, ePRO (patient reported outcomes), and includes integra ... read more about Target Health Software SuiteContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
SureClinical designs, develops and delivers innovative cloud applications for life sciences and healthcare. SureClinical’s applications help streamline and accelerate the delivery of new drugs, therapies and treatments to patients worldwide. With SureClinical, health science organizations can go digital, eliminating paper-based and manual processes to pursue the fastest path to success. SureClin ... read more about SureClinicalContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
first data management system to offer a solution for all types of medical research.
Data+ is the first Application Platform designed for health and life-science. Our goal is to expand your core capabilities and eliminate data silos. We provide ready-made enterprise-grade apps in a few clicks, or you can start from scratch and build them from the ground up. Data+ is a fully compliant and customizable platform for health and life science applications. Extend the capabilities of you ... read more about Data+ ResearchContact vendorN/A50% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Data driven end-to-end solution delivering real-time Intelligent Oversight
Study teams are facing fewer resources, tighter timeframes and smaller budgets, while coping with exponential increases in data, complex study endpoints, and more sites. Managing activities and information across multiple, disparate systems is cumbersome, time-consuming, and can lead to mistakes. With fewer resources to drive team effectiveness and study outcomes, you need a CTMS that cuts throug ... read more about Medidata CTMSContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Flex Databases is a comprehensive clinical trial management software (CTMS) that empowers clinical research professionals to streamline the entire trial process, from initial protocol development to final data analysis and reporting. It enables real-time data collection and monitoring from remote sites, facilitating efficient data management and oversight. It provides a User-friendly interface and ... read more about Flex DatabasesContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Progeny Clinical provides an all-inclusive tool for you to leverage the wealth of family history information as you nurture your patient from diagnosis to cure. Our triage protocol gives large health systems the ability to quickly identify high-risk patients for specialty clinic referrals. Progeny’s workflow simultaneously allows your clinical team more efficient productivity. ... read more about Progeny Clinical$2500 One-time30 Days33% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Designed by lab managers, HORIZON is a robust, affordable LIMS software platform built to configure and integrate with every kind of lab. A laboratory information management system is too important to be an afterthought. It’s too important to be outdated. There’s a better choice. HORIZON LIMS, designed by and for its users. For automating environmental, public health, clinical/toxicology, util ... read more about HORIZON LIMSContact vendorN/A50% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Catchtrial is comprised of dedicated modules with a variety of features – combined and customized to make your study easier to manage and control. Contact us today to build your own EDC suite. The foundation of Catchtrial is a cloud-enabled CRF designed for easy data entry and simple access to study information—anytime, anywhere. A fully integrated medical image capture solution that allows ra ... read more about CatchtrialContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Clinicubes CTMS is a unique application for management of the clinical trial pipeline from the beginning to the end. Clinicubes CTMS offers various types of useful special features that help companies successfully manage and conduct every aspect of the clinical trial. TClinicubes CTMS is a clinical trial management system developed by BGO Software. As a specialized software product it aims to faci ... read more about Clinicubes CTMSContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
UNITY is a web-based platform that integrates the collection of clinical data, of patient-reported outcome measures and the AI-supported extraction of radiographic data into the clinical routine. UNITY automates routine tasks of study management and data collection via software. UNITY was developed with the needs of practitioners & hospitals, CROs & research centers, the medical device & pharmace ... read more about UNITY RaylyticContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Montrium’s proven electronic trial master file solution eTMF Connect helps life sciences companies better manage their clinical trial documentation. Designed using the TMF Reference Model, eTMF Connect centralizes and standardizes your clinical records enabling both sponsors and CROs to contribute and access important clinical documents and information in real-time. eTMF Connect allows life scie ... read more about eTMF ConnectContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
myClin provides you with the best documented, data-driven clinical trial oversight. It lets your clinical study team collaborate and communicate accessing training, distributing essential documents and tracking study milestones in a central, secure, and private environment. It allows for secure document exchange between sites, sponsors and CROs, automatically tracked study communications, centrali ... read more about myClinContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Shift the focus back to progress by embracing automation. ABAdesk is a HIPAA Compliant, browser-based service that helps you restore work-life balance by automating processes like graphing and advancing client programs through phases, chaining, and sequential goals - allowing you to spend more time doing what you love - changing lives! Effortlessly build your dream program library, tailor programs ... read more about ABAdesk$10 Per Month30 Days100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
AcceleTrial takes the guesswork out of clinical trial site identification and activation. Our Study Start-up Management System (SSMS) is based on the foundation of objective data and not self-identification. AcceleTrial, enables sponsors to streamline and automate the study startup process to drastically reduce the launch time of clinical trials and patient recruitment. When a clinical trial begin ... read more about AcceleTrialContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
With over 20 years of experience in both software edition and clinical research sectors, Arone provides clinical research organizations with a complete suite of tools for patient data entry and management. Our solutions are turnkey and our team provides you with personalized support for the proper conduct of your projects and studies. We adapt ourselves to the language and the different characteri ... read more about AroneContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
BizNET-CTM, is a multi-functional platform which allows a CRO (Contract Research Organization) in planning, managing, designing, executing, monitoring and analyzing trial related activities and data in adherence to the protocol obligations and regulatory requirements. An end-to-end solution suits which cater to the needs of clinical research project starting from Project Management, feasibility as ... read more about BIzNetContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
BREEZE CTMS is a comprehensive and easy to use system to ensure flawless protocol execution from eSource to CRF, site management and accounting, all accomplished with just one keystroke. Electronic source documents – eSource – eliminates paper, standardizes and implies workflow, and reduces errors and omissions. BREEZE eSource goes way beyond visit templates and scheduling. By synchronizing ... read more about BREEZE CTMSContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
BSI's comprehensive CTMS empowers clinical research teams to navigate the intricacies of every trial with unmatched agility, control, and data-driven insights. Discover the transformative power of centralized data management, automated workflows, and real-time visibility to transform your clinical trials into journeys of excellence and groundbreaking discoveries. It Consolidates all trial-related ... read more about BSI CTMSContact vendorN/A33% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Cognitive assessments are invaluable tools for understanding the role of specific brain functions across a range of disorders and syndromes; giving insight into underlying causes, identifying ways to detect the earliest symptoms and evaluating the effects of interventions designed to improve brain health. Originally developed at the University of Cambridge, the Cambridge Neuropsychological Test Au ... read more about CANTABContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Climedo is a clinical trial management software (CTMS) that helps pharmaceutical and biotech companies, medical device companies, and CROs collect, manage, and analyze clinical trial data. It is a secure, web-based platform that is easy to use and can be customized to fit the specific needs of each study. Claimed offers a variety of features to help streamline the clinical trial process, including ... read more about ClimedoContact vendorAvailable100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Clindata Cloud is a big data, regulatory compliant technology platform that consolidates study data from multiple data sources / sites and automatically generates submission ready (eCTD Module 5) CDISC - SEND / CDASH / SDTM / ADaM datasets and analytics in real time through out the life of the study. A disruptive big data SaaS platform, that accelerates new drug launches, lowers clinical trial cos ... read more about Clindata CloudContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
A Clinical Data Management System (CDMS), Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) and Electronic Data Capture System (EDC) all in one powerful, integrated solution. All your study information can be at your fingertips with our innovative, flexible and compliant Clinical Trial Software System. Clindex technology is Fully Integrated, Powerful and Expandable designed to meet all the complexities of y ... read more about ClindexContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Improve your clinical research with our online system, configured and dedicated to your clinical study needs. Our clinical trials management system is suitable for virtually any controlled clinical trial, including randomized trials, with a choice of randomization algorithms. Clinical trial software is easily configured for paper CRF (Clinical Report Form) and provides eCRFs (electronic CRF). The ... read more about Clinical TrialsContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
TrialStat delivers data solutions on-demand for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device companies, Contract Research Organizations and Data Management companies. Our TrialStat eClinical Suite consists of three fully unified product offerings - EDC, Portal and CTMS. We stand alone in the industry with such an all-compassing suite of products for conducting clinical trials. The right clinical ... read more about TrialStatContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Clinpal is the first end-to-end clinical research platform purpose-built for virtual, hybrid and direct-to-patient studies. Patients log in from anywhere, on any device. Study teams leverage powerful data and analytics across the entire lifespan of the trial. And sites get all functionality all in one system, reducing burden. Clinpal’s Single Platform – provides end-to-end clinical trial suppo ... read more about ClinpalContact vendorN/A100% in Clinical Trial Management Software
Introduction to Buyer’s Guide For Clinical Trial Management Software
The ever-changing drug development landscape and the public health crisis due to the outbreak of pandemics exert a significant amount of pressure on medical research institutes to effectively and quickly conduct clinical trials to evaluate a medical intervention systematically. Software like CTMS or Clinical Trial Management Software are making big strides in enhancing the process of clinical trials by replacing time-consuming manual approach with automation and intelligent data-processing techniques. CTMS software helps clinical scientists identify the system's bottlenecks and reduce the clinical trials’ overall redundancy rate.
The CTMS solution can accelerate many activities associated with clinical trials, including; patient recruitment, assessing site performance, task scheduling, generating analytics reports, tracking global trials running in multiple countries, etc. It provides a plethora of benefits to clinical trial work, and to take maximum advantage of the software; the users should select the right CTMS software that suits best to their research work and organization goal. This buyer’s guide to Clinical trial management software documents some key points of the clinical trial management software that Clinical Scientists, Clinical Research Organizations (CROs), and Medical Research Institutes should consider before buying the best CTMS software.
Why Is Management Important For Successful Clinical Trials?
Clinical trials deal with the medicines or therapy that directly deals with the individual’s life. It is necessary that all their trials are well documented, with end-to-end transparency throughout all facets of the process like patient’s data, compliances, protocols, financing, etc. Without efficient clinical trial management, the researchers can miss vital information, and it can risk the patient's life. Besides that, there are many people involved in the clinical trial, like a chief investigating officer, trial manager, a data manager, a trial programmer, data clerks, and other trial-specific staff. Each of these professionals has a significant role in the clinical trial, and they should be clear about their roles and involvement in the trial. A well managed clinical trial can address their exact roles and work as a team for a common goal.
Another critical aspect of a successful clinical trial is data management. Well-managed data can help researchers and institutes conduct the trial efficiently and reduce the errors due to manual data entry. Team members of clinical data management have a major role to play throughout the entire process of a clinical trial. Various activities they perform throughout the process include database designing, data-entry, data validation, Case Report Form (CRF) designing, CRF annotation, data extraction, discrepancy management, medical coding, and database locking. Clinical data management aims to feed quality data to the clinical trial process to prove or disprove the drug trials.
What Are the Critical Challenges of a Legacy Clinical Trial Management?
- Ineffective coordination: In the traditional approach, communication is dispersed around various departments, due to which the team cannot coordinate effectively. The approvals of protocols and equipment can take more time, and each department has different approval guidelines and procedures. Due to inefficient coordination among the team, the clinical trial process becomes complicated and lengthy.
- Data collection: Data collection with the traditional approach is a humongous task; it involves lots of manual entry and is prone to errors. The data recited in various places and in multiple formats; it becomes challenging to aggregate them all manually. Maintaining the data quality is a different set of challenges that the researchers face with the legacy system.
- Patient recruitment: It is one of the critical challenges that always remained in clinical trials. Clinical trials involve recruiting people or patients from various ethnic backgrounds, races, ages, physiques, medical conditions, men, women, geographic regions, etc. Recruiting and boarding candidates for clinical trials is time-consuming when done manually.
- Higher expense: The traditional approach involves a lot of manual work, due to which the overall cost for conducting clinical trials can go higher. Also, without an expense tracking system, it is difficult for an investigating officer to identify the area that consumes more expenses.
- Low adaptability: The legacy system cannot keep pace with modern drug trial methods. Sometimes the drug trials need to fast-track their process due to the urgent need for drugs or to curb the surge of infectious disease; the legacy system is not flexible enough to adapt the new drug trial methods or procedures.
- Data security: Data security is a key concern for Clinical Research Organizations(CROs) and Research Institutes conducting clinical trials with the legacy system. Following a weak security protocol for data transfer always leaves data vulnerable.
These are some common pitfalls of the traditional clinical trial approach, which gets critical as the trial progresses for a more complex study. For trouble-shooting these issues and streamline their projects, the research institutes and clinical trial scientists have underpinned CTMS or clinical trial management software in their studies. There are huge benefits of a clinical trial management system that traditional clinical trial methods fail to deliver.
What Is Clinical Trial Management Software?
Clinical trial management software is a tool used by medical research institutes, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies to plan, manage, and track activities related to clinical trials. It assists the research team in various ways to efficiently conduct clinical trials from start to end. Clinical trial management software helps manage various activities related to clinical trials like patient recruitment, site selection and monitoring, financial management, contact management, and regulatory document tracking.
The clinical trial management software are used for operating following activities during clinical trials study,
- Project management
- Patient recruitment
- Financial management
- Operational Reporting
- Subject visit management
CTMS also envelops the clinical trial data management software efficiency and helps in data validation. Though it is not necessary that all CTMS have covered the trial data management software functionalities, however, most of them do.
Who Uses Clinical Trial Management Software?
- Clinical Research Organisation (CRO)
- Medical research institutes
- Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies
- Sponsors of a clinical trial
- Research hospitals
- Academic medical centers
What Is the Difference Between Clinical Trial Management Software and EDC?
- EDC: EDC or electronic data capture is a software used to collect, clean, transfer, and process data in clinical trials. A few years back EDC replaced paper-based clinical trial systems. Most EDC systems nowadays are cloud-based.
- Clinical trial management software: Clinical trial management software is used for managing the whole clinical trial process. Clinical trial management software does not involve data collection. Instead, it emphasizes the operation management related to the clinical trial. The modern clinical trial consists of both EDC and CTMS. In short, for an effective clinical trial, both EDC and CTMS are required.
How Can Clinical Trial Management Software Help Clinical Trial Companies?
- Reduce complexity: The modern clinical trial software are clubbed with clinical data management software capabilities and advanced technology like automation, which makes the clinical trial simple and effortless. It allows researchers to manage everything from a single platform.
- Managing budget and increase revenue: The best CTMS solutions come with the features to gain full visibility over the procedure cost. Besides that, it even assists in tracking invoices and payments from sponsors. It improves cash flow and increases revenue.
- Manage time spent on protocols: Identifying the time-processing tasks that are directly affecting the study-related tasks is essential. The CTMS software gives the ability to view the time requirements of each protocol and recognize the underlying inefficiency.
- Control excess spending: The CTMS solutions keep a thorough account of the resources, including inventory used during the trials, and keep track of the shipment. It helps them to get a complete overview of the available resources and prevent the excess ordering of the merchandise.
- Minimizing protocol deviations: With all the protocol information aggregated in one place, it becomes easy to ensure that all the research studies are on track and performed adequately.
- Improves site’s negotiating power: The CTM software can help clinical trial companies to estimate the protocol cost more accurately and give them the power to negotiate better with the sponsor.
Must-Have Features For Clinical Trial Management Software
- Contact management
- Document Management and eTMF
- Plan project milestones and tasks
- Contract and payment system
- EDC integration
- Track recruitment and compliance metrics
- Resource management
- Track communication
- Scheduling patient visits
- Store patient current and historical data
- Real-time status tracking
- On-site audits and workflow management
- Tracking sponsor payment
- Audit trail
- Query management
- Automatic reminders
- Mobile apps
- Risk monitoring
- Support eTMF ( Electronic Trial Master File)
- Data source verification
- Planning and tracking clinical training
- Support for a randomized trial
What Are the Benefits of Clinical Trial Management Software?
- Faster clinical trials: The clinical trial management system with the centralized database and trial protocols makes the workflow simple.
- Access to accurate information: The CTMS solutions allow communicating effectively with the staff and updating the tasks in real-time.
- Reduce data redundancy: The modern-day CTMS software reduces the data redundancy as it enables to import data directly into the clinical trial management system.
- Better analytics and reporting capabilities: In-depth data analytics gives users clear insights into their study and issues around the trials. The software can populate reports for one study or a holistic view of multiple studies. Some CTMS even give options to create customized forms, reports, and exports within the system.
- Minimizes study cost: CTMS can be helpful in controlling the cost of clinical trials by letting the investigating officer decide whether a particular study is financially viable or not. It can also reduce the cost of recruiting patients through third-party recruitment with the inbuilt patient registries.
- Increase productivity: The CTMS can track and manage the clinical trial study, which makes it easier for the investigating officer to find out the issues with the study development, protocols, administrative work, etc.
- Trial site management: The software facilitates the investigating officer with site identification and tracks enrolment metrics for each study.
- Project/Study management: The best CTMS software can assist in CRF and protocol management to capture data across workflow with user account policies, authentication checks, and access control rules.
- Lower trial costs: Before the clinical trial management system was introduced, the clinical trial was conducted using multiple disparate systems, which were costly due to the non-standardized process. The CTMS software has helped research institutes to streamline the clinical trial process and reduce the overall trial costs.
- Email alerts and notification: The email alerts and notification has a critical role in clinical studies. The CTMS with alerts and notifications informs clinical scientists about the latest progress in the research as well as if a particular document needs special attention from the researchers.
How to Select The Best Clinical Trial Management Software?
- Software Costs: The price of a clinical trial is crucial, especially if the Clinical Research Organisation (CRO) or Research Institute is on a start-up level. There are many factors that may vary the price of the software, like extra fees for additional studies, additional features, and software renewal charges.
- User-friendly interface: CTMS with a user-friendly interface and capable of handling complex studies can have more adoption rate than with complex UI. The team can save time and cost that they invest in training or hiring the expert to train the staff.
- Rich features list: The top clinical trial management software solutions are packed with time-saving features. The users will have to verify whether the clinical trials software cover the features that fulfill the research specific requirements. Importance also to be given to check whether the software offers the complete package; right from the facility to generate financial reports, to recruit the patients for the study, or to track the site communications and so on.
- Regulatory Compliances: Clinical trial is a sensitive field and deals with the confidential data of patients. So users must check that the software abides all the regulatory compliance mandatory for the CTMS.
- Customization option: The researchers who have tailored needs can search the clinical trial management software with the customization option.
- Integration with cloud services: The data of clinical trials have double folded in recent years. Some research institutes are finding cloud services as a better option to manage their data and IT infrastructure. The best CTMS software should sync easily with cloud services.
- Efficient in risk analysis: The clinical trial management software should have the ability to showcase the risks associated with the trial. The dashboard of the software should reflect the pre-identified risks that could affect the quality of the study.
- Scalable: The software should be scalable to meet the rising need of business. It is not preferable for researchers to switch to other clinical trials software companies while in the middle of some critical research.
- Security: Controlled document access is essential for the security of the clinical trial document. The software should prevent unauthorized access and reduce the risk of data theft.
- In-built communication and scheduling capabilities: Efficient inter-communication can improve the team efficiency and keep the conversation restricted to the organization, whereas the scheduling capabilities within the clinical trial software can help to streamline the workflow.
- Efficient data management: The CTM software should be able to handle complex data sets and support all the functionalities that a clinical trial demands.
What Are The Latest Trends in Clinical Trials?
- Virtual monitoring of clinical trials: The virtual clinical trial is conducted using various mobile apps, video conferences, and remote monitoring devices. In a virtual clinical trial, the patient visit does not happen like in the traditional settings, and most of the time, it is conducted in the home via telemedicine. From taking patient consent to delivering medicines to the patient, everything happens online. The virtual clinical trial does not have any limit on patient limitation and can recruit globally; it has huge scope in the future.
- Wearables and ingestible sensors: Wearable and sensors can change how clinical trials are performed today. It would give more insights on the clinical study and provide an additional source of data. The ingestible sensors and wearable enable researchers to collect important data even from remote places, and more importantly, it can continuously feed real-time data. The real-time data is valuable for clinical trials as it improves clinical trial efficiency and lessens the risk on the patient. The future clinical management software would be integrated with the technology that supports wearable and ingestible sensors.
- Blockchain technology: Though blockchain is surrounded by a lot of speculations and assumptions on its application in the real world, there is no doubt the technology is disruptive. The decentralized mechanism and secure transactions have already impressed financial sectors, and the same spirit is anticipated by the health care sectors. Medical researchers can use blockchain to recruit patients, store data securely, create contracts, and improve trial efficiency.
- Big data analytics: Big data analytics gives clinical scientists the power of in-depth analysis and allows them to reach conclusions faster with a high accuracy level. Big data analytics can accommodate data from diverse sources and allow users to visualize data from various perspectives.
- Patient-centric: Research institutes are adopting a patient-centric approach actively for an efficient clinical trial. Patient recruitment takes a lot of time, and the research institutes are making efforts to ensure that the patient faces fewer invasive procedures or has a lower visit burden. The patient-centric approach makes the patient’s participation easier and accessible. In fact, the Clinical Research Organizations (CROs) having a rich database of patients can save time and cost on trials.
What Is The Average Cost of Clinical Trial Management Software?
There are many factors that determine the price of clinical trial management software like clinical trial design, data-storage limit, protocol amendment, and myriads of other things.
But besides regular CTMS features, there are few more considerations that could affect the cost of the CTMS, which are generally overlooked by the users. These include software setup costs, training costs, system validation costs (if applicable), recurring fees (license), APIs and data connector fees, etc. The users can decide to use software either web-based (hosted), cloud-based, or on-premise (licensed enterprise) CTMS.
- CTMS for start-ups and small size CROs/Research Institutes: The research institutes that are conducting clinical trials on a smaller scale or it is CRO (Clinical Research Organization) start-ups then software likeSmartSheet with a starting price of $14/month is an ideal solution. The users can scale-up to an advanced version, which can cost users about $ 25/month. Another cost-effective tool that users can consider for the clinical trials is ABAdesk with a starting price of $10/month. Both these tools offer a 30-day free trial.
- CTMS for large and medium scale CROs/Research Institutes: The research institute conducting clinical trials on a larger scale and having intricate research work can consider CTMS software like CREDIT. The software costs $13,500 and gives unlimited users access and storage. It also offers some out of the box features like capturing protocol details or analyzing trial start-ups costs. The software is a complete package for conducting the clinical trials successfully. The other popular CTMS tools that fit in the same framework and can handle all types of clinical trials include OnCore, Castor EDC, Arone, and Bioclinica. There are few more tools that can be helpful to users for managing their clinical trials like Clindata cloud, Catchtrial, and SureClinical.The users can choose the software based on their study requirements and ROI.
- Free and open source clinical management CTMS software: Free and open source clinical management software gives users access to the source code so that they can not only use the software but also modify and distribute it to enhance its efficiency and reduce the cost.
Why Refer to Goodfirms' List of Best Clinical Trial Management Software?
GoodFirms is a leading review and rating site for IT solutions, and it has been rating software solutions for various industries and sectors. It follows an unbiased and in-depth analysis process to rate the software based on its features, pricing, and product quality. The platform ensures that the software seekers get answers to all their doubts regarding its applications and explore its capabilities before they make their decision to onboard the software solution.
The outbreak of pandemics on a regular interval has made the global health care system vulnerable, and it leaves its footprint for many years, even after the remedies are discovered. The researchers and clinical scientists are redefining their strategies to eradicate pandemics in a timely manner and consider technology like clinical trial software as a game-changer. The clinical trial software can fast track the clinical trial process and help in reducing the drug delivery time. The research organizations focused on performing clinical trials with high-accuracy and reducing their study time should not miss the list of best clinical trial management software.