Please introduce your company and give a brief about your role within the company?
MobiDev is a software engineering company, focused on helping visionaries to create new software products with ease and joy, so they can focus on their know-how, business, and clients, while we take care about thousands of secondary yet important details.
This is achieved by providing end-to-end development services that include ideation, solution design, project management and testing. We make a strong accent on cutting-edge technologies such as Machine Learning, Augmented Reality, and IoT.
What was the idea behind starting this organization?
There are people who’ve seen a lot, tried a lot, experienced a lot, and have a vision of how to change the game, like Uber did, like Google did – Visionaries, who go beyond the limits and think outside the box. They burn with the desire to change the world around them.
Visionaries ultimately need the support of their team for implementing their vision into a tangible product or service. They expect their teams to give a feeling of lightness, when everything is simple and clear. The team should create a space for easy and conscious decisions, where visionaries’ ideas can grow. Visionaries need AIR.
At MobiDev we believe that it’s vitally important to support visionaries’ fire.
So we dive into the client’s business case, and come out with viable options, making sure that “Don’t worry, we’ll take care of it” – is one of them. Being like-minded with visionaries requires us to build lightweight and clear communications. The core principles here are to be fair and client-centric.
What are your company’s business model–in house team or third party vendors/ outsourcing?
Having about 300 engineers across 3 R&D centers in Ukraine, we run our clients’ projects exceptionally employing our in-house team in order to guarantee the level of quality and service standards.
How is your business model beneficial from a value addition perspective to the clients compared to other companies' models?
Our rational promises are:
· We provide a free consultancy stage during presale, on which you can get some viable output (wireframes, architecture design, and even a proof-of-concept).
· Your product development is started with minimum paperwork, and in 95% of cases – in less than a week.
· Your project will be regularly reviewed by a tech expert or manager. Apart from being a source of confidence, it is also a source of new fresh ideas.
· Team covers all tiny details, like “how to launch a product on a store” and helps avoid common mistakes. No need to dig deeper when you don’t feel like it.
· 25% of all our R&D efforts are put in researching new tech. So we have knowledge and insights to share and elevate your ideas.
· Over a decade of experience and hundreds of successfully launched products help us foresee and seamlessly cover many pitfalls on the visionaries’ path.
· Our offices are open to welcome our clients at any time – we're real and we believe in joint brainstorms and discussions.
When working with us, our clients feel
· Safe. They know where the project stands, what's open, what's next. They know everything's taken care of.
· Even safer. If anything needs escalation, either good or bad, they know who to contact.
· Listened to. They feel no need to repeat twice, and sometimes - even once.
· Not taken advantage of. We offer only the things that are necessary and inline with product strategy.
· Cared for. Team always thinks about how to free the client from routine.
· Upgraded / Uplifted. Team is loud to share their ideas, but respects and acts upon clients decisions.
· Supported. Both technically after the launch and physically at the event.
· Not ashamed. Neither to show your product to friends or investors, nor during the communication with the team.
· Enthusiastic with new ideas and ways from a technology perspective, provided by MobiDev.
What industries do you generally cater to? Are your customers repetitive? If yes, what ratio of clients has been repetitive to you?
With about 350 successfully launched products we’ve built a wide industries expertise. However, the biggest footprint would be in e-commerce, e-learning, healthcare and wellness, social networking, and fin-tech.
As for the repetitive clients: if the product we develop for our client is successful on the market, the collaboration turns into ongoing development and delivery mode, and means a partnership for years. Some clients stay with us since 2010.
Fact: For the past several years our measured rate of business growth sourced from existing clients is constantly over 100% year-to-year. Meaning, that our existing clients buy more and recommend us faster than their projects end.
Which methodology do you apply on AI/ML projects?
In order to handle DS projects’ complexities and uncertainties, we follow the CRISP-DM methodology in a flexible manner, so that we can decompose the development process into clear steps. That allows being on track and getting expected output from each step in a form of clear report. Moreover, it sets an important priority order – first goes business understanding, then follows data understanding, and only after that comes technologies application.
What is the company’s Data Science application experience?
Using ML and ANN (artificial neural networks) algorithms we have helped a number of clients to solve complex problems in such domains as:
• secure biometric identification and verification;
• goods and resources demand forecasting;
• buyer behavior analysis;
• fraud detection;
• privacy enforcement for video streaming;
• computer vision based quality assurance;
• natural language analysis and generation;
• cloud resources optimization.
These solutions apply a wide stack of technologies, starting from time-series forecasting and ending with computer vision models based on deep neural networks. As for the deep learning, we have strong expertise with such tasks as face recognition, object detection, person re-identification, instance segmentation, speech recognition, and question generation.
What is your strategy for reaching clients` business goals on AI projects?
Following the best industry-standard CRISP-DM methodology, we carry out the Business and Data understanding stages first, in order to make sure that we employ the full awareness of the client’s business environment and problem, and that the data is properly collected and is sufficient to solve it.
Also, considering that AI technologies are rapidly developing in recent years, we take advantage of cutting-edge machine learning and deep learning models, delivering the best possible performance and accuracy against the client’s business goal.