Fleet Management Software
Are you looking for the best fleet management software for your business in the market? If you are, GoodFirms researches and curates some of the industry-leading fleet management software that can be engaged for your business. A business needs an agile and intuitive fleet management system so that it can provide top-notch service to its end customers. Some of the key features of fleet tracking software, researched by GoodFirms, are asset management, compliance management, dispatch management, driver safety & performance, fuel management, maintenance & issue management, mobile workforce management, open data integration, people management, reporting & alerts, route optimization, and vehicle tracking. Following is the list of best fleet management solutions, accompanied by fleet software details and client reviews:
A Reviews List of Fleet Management Software
Transport Management Software allows transporters to automate their business requirements regarding growing productivity, cost-effectiveness, efficiency, and reliability. It helps in business expansion by automating the entire process and managing the business with clearness in cost as well as resources. Simultaneously, It helps the organization in cost reduction through better route planning and ... read more about Cargo365CloudContact vendorN/A33% in Fleet Management Software
Fleet management software to track expenses, create maintenance programs and so much more.
VFM is one of the leading values currently available in fleet management software. Designed to service large fleets, small fleets, and everything in between, our fleet management solution will track vehicle and driver statistics, maintenance records, fuel stats, and more. In-depth reporting gives you all the tools you need to make well informed decisions in a data driven world. Sign up for a fully ... read more about Vehicle Fleet Manager 4.0$139.95 One-time30 Days100% in Fleet Management Software
Trakzee, the best fleet management software that is compatible with all types of vehicle tracking devices. Nowadays, GPS vehicle tracking system is the most useful and powerful in the business market. So, let’s try our latest product named Trakzee which plays the most important role to trace your car, bike, truck, bus etc. Apart from real-time tracking, it offers advanced functionalities such as ... read more about TrakzeeContact vendor7 Days50% in Fleet Management Software
Samsara is a complete platform to achieve the benefits of Industry 4.0 without complexity. Increase operational efficiency, lower costs, reduce unplanned downtime, increase throughput and quality. Use video technology powered by AI to protect your most important assets, your employees. Capture and address safety risks in real-time across your operations. AI Safety Programs solutions Gain real-t ... read more about SamsaraContact vendorN/A25% in Fleet Management Software
Motive is the one, integrated solution to manage your vehicles, assets, drivers, and equipment. A vehicle that’s not on the road is costing you money. Maximize uptime with constant maintenance and performance reporting. Trace past performances, track present orders, and predict future operational needs. Prevent theft and stop misuse of your assets with geofence alerts and accurate GPS trackin ... read more about MotiveContact vendorN/A33% in Fleet Management Software
A GPS tracking, fleet maintenance, reporting, dispatch, and driver journal solution for freight companies. iZND GPS Server is a leading web based GPS tracking platform successfully used by transportation companies, police and fire departments, utility companies, service organizations and other businesses with mobile workers around the world. ... read more about iZND GPS Tracking SolutionContact vendorN/A33% in Fleet Management Software
We discussed with lots of businesses that use vehicles as a part of their daily operations, we realized that many were not doing much to manage their vehicles as much as is required.Being owner of several vehicles we understood that Vehicles being a huge profit center are not being managed to optimize their performance and profitability, so we decided to build a solution easy enough for any user t ... read more about FleetableContact vendorN/A100% in Fleet Management Software
Fleet Manager is an app to help organizations automate tasks related to vehicle maintenance, service, accidents, and operator usage. Users can access real-time information from their smartphone and record data such as video clips to improve efficiency and productivity. ... read more about CloudApper Fleet$10 Per Year14 Days100% in Fleet Management Software
AllRide is a leading provider of fleet management solutions for transport businesses. Our robust fleet management solutions are designed to increase efficiency and productivity for any business, large or small. AllRide Logistics is committed to providing our clients with the most cost-effective fleet tracking solutions available on the market today. We are proud to offer a wide range of services t ... read more about AllRide AppsContact vendor7 Days14% in Fleet Management Software
The entire way people travel from point A to point B is changing. This is driven by a series of converging technologies including the rapid growth of carsharing and ridesharing; the increased viability of electric cars and the growth of connected and, ultimately, autonomous vehicles. RentalMatics is leading this technological shift with its innovative connected mobility platform. This platform h ... read more about RentalMaticsContact vendorN/A50% in Fleet Management Software
TrackoBit is the fastest growing Telematics software company based out of India. We are determined to expand to every corner of the world and connect the remotest of areas with the latest GPS Tracking technology. We have been in business since 2018. We have covered more than 1100 cities with around 1,00,000 vehicles running on our portal. Our network is growing every day with new vehicles joining ... read more about TrackoBit$6 Per MonthN/A34% in Fleet Management Software
Fleetio is the simple alternative to spreadsheets and outdated software — designed to help you automate fleet operations tasks and keep vehicles and equipment running smoothly. Fleetio software helps organizations around the world track, analyze, and improve their fleet operations. Reimagine how you track your power tools and equipment. We're passionate about making it easy to manage a fleet so ... read more about Fleetio$3 Per Month14 Days80% in Fleet Management Software
MyGeotab is a web-based fleet management software that is available to all Geotab customers under any feature package: Base, Regulatory, Pro, and ProPlus. See all your vehicle and driver information in one place and use it to make quicker, better-informed decisions for your business. ... read more about MyGeotabContact vendorN/A50% in Fleet Management Software
GPS Insight is a fleet management and field services company. We provide mission-critical insights needed to make physical operations on the road and in the field, simpler and safer to do. Transforming the way fleet and field service teams achieve operational efficiency and drive customer success. GPS Insight solutions can help you get more mileage out of your current assets, create more accountab ... read more about GPS InsightContact vendorN/A34% in Fleet Management Software
Reduce operating expenses and increase profits with automated telematics supported vehicle fleet maintenance management software and vehicle tracking solutions. Switch to the cloud for cost-effective, web-based wireless fleet management that supports OBD2 and J1939 vehicle monitoring. ... read more about Fleet Genius$3.5 Per Month15 Days100% in Fleet Management Software
Transform your enterprise fleet using dynamic fleet management and telematics software, connecting you to real-time data on vehicles, drivers, and customers across every touch point within your organization. ... read more about Silent PassengerContact vendorN/A100% in Fleet Management Software
Fleet Cost & Care’s NexGen and Atom fleet management systems enable fleet owners to enhance productivity, maximize utilization, reduce downtime, and increase profitability. ... read more about Fleet Cost & CareContact vendorN/A100% in Fleet Management Software
GreenRoad’s connected vehicle solution has revolutionized the way commercial fleets drive by combining real-time, in-cab coaching with cloud-based contextual intelligence to make every business mile safer. ... read more about GreenRoadContact vendorN/A100% in Fleet Management Software
Fleetsoft is the versatile, feature-rich, and easy-to-use Fleet Maintenance and Parts Inventory Management Software package trusted by thousands of fleets across all industries. From day-to-day data entry to long-term trend analysis, Fleetsoft delivers powerful functionality without compromising on simplicity. ... read more about Fleetsoft$95 Per MonthN/A100% in Fleet Management Software
Fleet Complete, we bring a holistic approach to your fleet operations. Our connected platform gives you the flexibility to start small and expand your capabilities as your business grows. Manage your entire fleet from one screen and see what is happening remotely in the field. Know where your vehicles and crew are, their productivity levels, and all the fleet metrics you need. ... read more about Fleet CompleteContact vendorN/A100% in Fleet Management Software
Fleetco (version 1) is a free, web-based vehicle fleet maintenance management system written in PHP with MySQL database backend. Fleetco was initially designed for trucking companies but it can be useful for any person or company having a fleet of vehicles. It can be installed on a web server or on a local machine with the use of third-party software such as XAMPP. ... read more about FleetcoFree versionAvailable100% in Fleet Management Software
Fleet Maintenance Software helps you to track the information about the vehicle inventory, asset status, driver assignments and important dates etc. At the same time, you can also access the documents from any place.Fleet Bip Inspections is entirely Smartphone based solution that aids you to both manage and track the inspections process. ... read more about FleetBipFree versionAvailable100% in Fleet Management Software
Turn data and real-time visibility into more efficient fleets and safer drivers
KeepTruckin is on a mission to connect the world's trucks. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing the trucking industry online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads. ... read more about KeepTruckinFree versionAvailable50% in Fleet Management Software
FleetWise VB is industry leading Fleet Maintenance Software for industry and government. It includes vehicle and equipment information, preventive maintenance scheduling, repair orders, fuel tracking, inventory control, tire tracking and complete reporting.Our FleetWise VB version can handle an unlimited number of vehicles and equipment. ... read more about FleetWise VBFree versionAvailable100% in Fleet Management Software
Fleet management portal to manage all the vehicles,tracking,vendors,services,company offerings and all other things related to fleet management and day to day transactions-ABOVE ALL Everything on a SINGLE platform-GADIMALIK.We are a software company helping logistic, transport companies and vehicle owners to aware them of technical advances in their daily routing works from last 12 years. ... read more about GadiMalikFree versionAvailable100% in Fleet Management Software
GoFleet is an industry leader in the area of GPS fleet tracking and management. GoFleet is trusted by some of the largest Fortune 500 companies to improve fleet management capabilities using innovative telematics and dispatch solutions. GoFleet is dedicated to assisting companies to reduce fleet life-cycle costs associated with maintenance, fuel and driver management. ... read more about GoFleetContact vendorN/A100% in Fleet Management Software
Limo reservation software platform for the chauffeured ground transportation industry
Ground Alliance is a premiere online limousine software for companies of all sizes. Our unique customizable software is user-friendly and comes with no hidden fees or contracts. Ground Alliance's reservation system is a perfect fit for limo operators who need a powerful, yet a simple and intuitive option for both limo operators and website visitors. ... read more about Ground AllianceContact vendor15 Days50% in Fleet Management Software
Yard logistics and asset management services without deploying costly infrastructure
ViLOG is an AI-powered cloud-based yard management solution that enables automated, real-time tracking of vehicles and other bulky assets (containers, construction machines, equipment, cable drums, etc.) and provides valuable analytics that helps make operations more efficient. ... read more about ViLOGContact vendorN/A100% in Fleet Management Software
Voila Cabs - High-performance dispatch engine, and is a rock-solid eco-system for all taxi aggregator’s / companies. Robust, Rock Solid and Designed for very high speed. VOILACABS, A Pure technology-infused company maverick Many Pits stops before arriving at SaaS model with a promise to create a right Buzz by generating ROI for Taxi companies / Aggregators on a win-win model ... read more about Voila CabsContact vendor14 Days100% in Fleet Management Software
We at MyRouteOnline always aspire to grow, evolve and improve the route planning services that we offer. Regardless of how much we grew and developed over time, we will never forget how and where we started. As a family company, we owe our success to our founding father, literally. ... read more about My Route Online$29.95 Per MonthN/A33% in Fleet Management Software
Badger Maps is a San Francisco based software company that enables field sales teams to manage their territory by combining Google Maps, data from their CRM, route optimization, schedule planning, and lead generation. Let Badger handle your sales routes and scheduling. Focus on the right customers and get 2 more meetings each day. ... read more about Badger Maps$49.00 Per Month7 Days50% in Fleet Management Software
Motus is the definitive leader in mileage reimbursement and driver management technologies for businesses with mobile workers and fleets of all sizes. Only Motus leverages deep insights captured across the world’s largest retained pool of drivers to calculate personalized and compliant vehicle reimbursements, keep drivers productive and safe and ultimately maximize returns and minimize risk for ... read more about MotusContact vendorN/A50% in Fleet Management Software
Trinetra Wireless is an innovative technology company with proven domain expertise, an advanced hardware design centre in Canada, a world-class embedded engineering and software development centre in India. With local presence in 8+ global locations, we also work in partnership with channel partners and system integrators world-wide to provide quality solutions to our clients. Trinetra is an award ... read more about Trinetra WirelessContact vendorN/A50% in Fleet Management Software
SpotnRides - Taxi Software was developed to help transport authorities and operators work together seamlessly. Through a variety of criteria, it assists you in providing an iconic taxi service to passengers. Only a few tweaks are required to make the taxi software ideal for your business needs. To put your taxi business ahead of the competition, get ready-to-use transportation software with con ... read more about SpotnRides$3250 One-timeAvailable50% in Fleet Management Software
Introduction to buyer’s guide for Fleet Management Software
In the last few decades, management, planning, and monitoring have been playing a significant role in etching the organization’s success story. It ensures that the organization is performing business activities within scope, on time, and within budget. This trend is also observed in fleet management. The business owners that invest heavily to keep their business running, do not want to risk it due to poor fleet movement.
The unmanaged fleet can easily bring huge financial loss to the organization due to driver’s unaccountability, fluctuating fuel prices, and continuous fleet maintenance costs. Besides that, without proper Fleet Management, the company can deviate from its commitment to fulfill customer expectations and taint the organization's reputation. It is a painstaking task for managers or business owners to keep track of their fleet management activities without sophisticated fleet management software.
This buyer guide discusses the fleet management software in length to help big and small businesses to resolve their fleet management issues. The guide further gives a complete insight into fleet management software, which is essential for those who are interested in investing in fleet management software.
What Is Fleet Management?
Fleet management is the management of a group of commercial vehicles used by organizations. It enables the organization to coordinate and organize work vehicles in such a way that it optimizes the organization’s productivity and reduces operational costs. Fleet management allows companies to eliminate or minimize the risks associated with vehicle investment, improve efficiency, and reduce overall transportation costs while adhering to government compliances.
Examples of sectors that deal with fleet management include; couriers, sales, repair and service industries, utilities, public transport, oil and gas delivery, and emergency services.
What are the core Fleet Management activities?
- Route planning
- Fuel management
- Setting schedules
- Vehicle licensing and insurance
- Cost control
- Driver safety
- Vehicle acquisition
- Driver retention
What are the key challenges faced by Fleet Managers?
- Monitoring driver’s behavior
- Poor routing and scheduling
- Managing compliance
- An inadequate drivers training program
- Optimizing daily route plan
- Maximize vehicle utilization
- Centralizing control
- Data security
- Drivers shortages
- Fluctuating fuel cost
- Managing a geographically-dispersed team
- Finding specific fleet information quickly
- Controlling unauthorized use of company assets
- Avoiding information overload
Is Fleet Management time consuming?
Fleet management can be productive when done properly; however, few activities make manual fleet management a time-consuming process.
1) Administrative work: Collection, recording, and validation of paperwork take substantial time and resources, especially when it is not centrally managed.
2) Converting information into valuable data: Some businesses need to collect information from various departments and based on that information, they schedule and move their fleet. However, manually collecting this information and churning out valuable data could be time-consuming.
3) Untimely maintenance: A miscalculation in a schedule of the maintenance work, can lead to an unexpected vehicle breakdown. The untimely breakdown and maintenance work can slow down the fleet movement and adversely affects the business.
4) Miscommunication: During fleet management, miscommunication with drivers can be catastrophic. Whether intentional or unintentional, any miscommunication with the fleet drivers can lead to unnecessary costs and delay in delivering the product.
5) Fuel tax calculations: In some countries, the government has implemented special fuel tax norms. As per the norms, the organization has to keep a record of the fuel consumed for the business every year, and based on the usage; the government deducts the tax amount. It is a challenging and time-consuming task for an organization to manually keep a record of the fuel consumption and calculate the tax amount.
The limitations of manual fleet management have forced managers to evaluate their strategy for its optimum use. In this age of technology and information, it has become easier to implement new methods and derive better results. A fleet management app is highly regarded as the best solution to address all fleet management-related issues.
What Is Fleet Management Software?
Fleet Management Software is a set of tools that allows fleet managers to manage and optimize commercial vehicle usage in the best of the business interest. It acts as a central hub for recording and reporting the key attributes of fleet movement so that the overall cost of transportation can be brought down, and the business service can be improved.
The fleet management software enables users to manage the fleet’s daily activity, interpret a wealth of telematics data, and analyze results to make informed business decisions.
The fleet management tools can extract information that was not possible earlier. It also enables fleet operators to remotely track vehicles using realistic maps and views populated by GPS (Global Positioning System).
Since its introduction, fleet management software has grown and adapted to the needs of fleet managers. Reports indicate that the global smart fleet management market size is likely to touch USD 565.1 billion by 2025, with a growth rate of 7.6%.
How does a Fleet Management Software work?
Fleet Management involves many activities like vehicle tracking, fuel management, vehicle maintenance, monitoring driver’s behavior, etc. The fleet management software takes care of all these activities with the latest technology.
1) Fleet telematics system: The telematics refers to the systems and sensors on a vehicle. These sensors merge data from vehicles to a fleet management system for better fleet operations. Vehicle tracking systems port the telematics data with the GPS tracking data, which becomes available to fleet managers online. The g-force sensor linked with the vehicle can tap on the acceleration as well as abrupt movements, including over-steering, over speeding, harsh braking, idling time, and current speed. All these metrics help to enhance the driver’s safety and reduce idle time.
2) Plan appropriate routing: The onboard diagnostic gives detailed information about the fuel usage and performance of the connected vehicles. This information could be crucial for fleet managers to decide whether the route is appropriate for the delivery or taking longer than the expected time period. The fleet manager can find out whether the route is congested during a specific time of the day, or it is due to poor roads. Based on these data, the manager can change the route for the driver or change the delivery timing for that specific area. The manager can also find out the vehicle’s exact whereabouts, so if the driver is taking an unnecessary stoppage between the delivery, he can immediately send a text message to the driver.
3) Vehicle maintenance: The fleet maintenance program can be broken down into three primary categories; Preventive Maintenance (PM), Routine Maintenance, and Emergency Maintenance. The maintenance activities involved in these phases may include oil changes, cleaning, lubrication, overall inspections, parts replacement, and maintaining historical data. A good maintenance software allows users to create maintenance schedules, work orders, generate reports, access checklists, etc.
4) Insurance: More the number of vehicles, the more it becomes difficult for an organization to manage the insurance. Fleet insurance software helps organizations to protect all of their assets in a single place. It is critical to keep track of all drivers on the policy and notify the insurance company of any new hires or staff changes. It notifies the fleet manager about the insurance that needs to be renewed annually, quarterly, or monthly.
5) Electronic Compliance: Electronic compliance eliminates tedious paperwork out of the equation. Fleet managers can reliably meet compliance requirements, driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIR), and fuel tax requirements all in one portal.
The fleet management software systems are available in various forms, and it gives flexibility to users for selecting the fleet management system as per their budget.
What are the different types of Fleet Management Software?
Different types of Fleet Management System available are;
- Trial based or Freemium
- Open Source
- Free and Open Source
Benefits of using Fleet Management Software
- Improves good dispatching: The fleet management software facilitates the activities like automatic job scheduling, intelligent routing, and monitoring fuel usage, which eventually helps fleet managers to reduce the goods delivery time and improves the organization’s reputation.
- Control excess fuel consumption: The fleet management app sends alerts and updates when a particular vehicle exceeds the daily mileage limit. It may be due to bad route planning, dangerous driving, or some changes in customer orders processing. By having a clear picture of the cause of excess fuel consumption, managers can take appropriate steps to prevent it. In many ways, fleet management software can put brakes on activities leading to excess costs to the company. It can cut costs significantly by simply notifying the drivers to stop the engine while idle for dispatch or loading.
- Centralized system: With a centralized system, it is easy to communicate with the drivers. For example, the drivers can receive the job schedule on the mobile app or inform drivers about the last moment changes. The centralized system also allows users to tap on information like fleet expenses, fleet operation reports, driver’s contact management, fleet vehicle management, etc. It also allows users to view orders and analytics from a single dashboard.
- Automated reports and insights: The ability of the fleet management system to automate fleet-related activities and collect those insights for better fleet movement makes the tool very useful. It can automate tasks like checking engine status, odometer, battery status, etc.
- Real-time fleet data: The fleet managers can track their fleet in real-time with the fleet monitoring system. It gives complete details about the driver’s location, delivery status, monitors the driver’s route, delivery estimate time, drivers exchanging shifts, etc
- Real-time insurance tracking: Managing a manual record of insurance is a tedious task; with fleet management software, the users can automatically receive alerts whenever the policy is likely to expire.
- Drivers and vehicle safety: The fleet tracking software can record the driver’s unsafe driving incidents like harsh braking, speeding, cornering, and stop sign violations. By identifying reckless drivers, the fleet managers can put them for a training session that improves their driving skills and reduces the risk of accidents.
- Fleet fraud prevention: The fleet management software helps automate the reporting and analysis of fuel purchasing, at the same time identifying the discrepancies associated with it.
Features to look for in a Fleet Management Software
- Asset Profiles & VIN Lookup
- Track driver hours and licensing details
- Support mobile device
- Essential maintenance management
- Inspections & issues
- Fuel management
- Driver & vendor management
- Dashboards & real-time reporting
- Fleet vehicle lifecycle management
- Tracking fleet expenses
- Fleet operation reports
- Issue management
- GPS integration
- Secure data transfer protocol
- Parts and inventory management
- Telematics integration
- Contact management
- Integration with a third-party maintenance provider
- Warranty tracking
- Maintenance monitoring
- Manage vehicle insurance
- Meet compliance regulations
- Alerts and notifications
- Tracking assets
- Operate in an online and offline mode
Factors you can consider while selecting a Fleet Management Software
- Ease of use: The fleet management system should have an easy-to-use interface.
- Compatibility: It should support the existing organizational software and hardware setup to avail of the new software.
- Integration: Fleet systems should easily integrate with third-party software.
- Flexibility: The fleet tracking software should be flexible enough to configure the system features according to management operations.
- Scalable: Small businesses may even use a fleet management system to transport goods; some software can scale up as operation expands, while few are designed only for small businesses. So it is advisable to check the software's scalability before buying it.
- Value for money: Check the price and see whether it falls into the budget. Before boarding the software, go through the case studies that resemble your business and see how the software has helped them.
- High data processing speed: The fleet management system should be able to process data rapidly and sync across many devices.
- Security and privacy: Check the level of security and privacy for the fleet software solution before finalizing it.
Latest trends in Fleet Management Software
- Mobility-as-a-service: Mobility as-a-service can change the traditional approach to commercial transportation. The fleet owners and managers may use the company’s vehicle to rent or share with other organizations. It can help to reduce carbon footprint and unburden financial budgets.
- Autonomous Vehicle: Automobile engineers and data scientists are optimists about replacing manual driving with autonomous vehicles. However, complete automation may take some more years to make real. If autonomous vehicles hit the mainstream, they may help fleet management overcome issues like driver shortages, drivers’ working hour limitations, and shift management
- Voice assistant: Fleet management software is all set to integrate mainstream with voice assistants, and include more robust data analytics. It is also predicted that in the future, the voice assistant with powerful sensors will be used to control fuel usage. The sensor linked with the voice assistant will get activated whenever there is a sudden change in the vehicle’s fuel consumption rate and sends voice command alerts to the driver and manager.
- Predictive Maintenance System through IoT: IoT is a disruptive technology that will see its presence in almost all sectors. Its ability to pick critical data on any level makes IoT a powerful technology. In fleet maintenance, IoT data allows users to build the best possible predictive algorithm that is faster to detect equipment issues.
What is the average price of Fleet Management Software?
The average cost of fleet management software could fall anywhere around $25- $35/ month per vehicle. The cost of these software varies depending on the features, software licensing fees, additional hardware devices, fleet size, etc. The software, like fleetio charges as low as $5/month/vehicle, whereas KeepTruckin, with a medium price range of $20/month/vehicle, is a popular tool among fleet managers. The business with a large fleet size and admires features like heatmap of the routes and in-depth vehicle diagnostics can choose Samsara, with a price range of $45/month/vehicle. The Fleetio and Samsara software provide a free trial, while KeepTruckin offers a free version.
The fleet management software is continuously improving its efficiency with the latest technology like GPS tracking, telematics, and artificial intelligence. It has become the subject of curiosity for some business owners, and therefore, they prefer scanning the free and open-source fleet management software.
Why refer GoodFirms’ list of Fleet Management Software?
GoodFirms is a top review and rating site for software products. The platform accumulates a large pool of software providers ensuring that customers have more options to match and select the tools that fit their business.
GoodFirms list of best fleet management software encloses tools that eliminate the bottlenecks of fleet operations and can fuel the business growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Best Software for Fleet Management Available in the Market?
The right fleet management software for your business is easy-to-use, suits your industry, provides all tools to fulfill your fleet management needs, fits in your budget, and proves profitable with time. Thus, a perfect fleet management system for another business may not be the best fleet management software for yours. To select the best fleet management tools, you can leverage GoodFirms’ list of the top fleet tracking software that details the features, reviews, and pricing of different solutions. Most importantly, for the best search according to your business type and specific requirements, filter the list based on features, business size, pricing model, deployment type, and more.
Why Do Businesses Need Fleet Management Systems?
Businesses commonly face fleet management challenges related to driver allocation/shortage, fuel wastage, route planning, vehicle allocation/scheduling, vehicle maintenance, vehicle/driver safety, customer/vendor communication, regulatory compliance, and more. A reliable fleet management software offers extensive tools to control and automate different aspects of fleet management on a centralized platform. It helps with complete vehicle management (acquisition, tracking, scheduling, maintenance, insurance, licensing), driver management, driver safety, route optimization, time-saving, fraud prevention, and compliance/taxation management. Leveraging the top fleet tracking software results in reduced operational and fuel costs, increased productivity, and enhanced profits for your business.
How Much Does Fleet Management System Cost?
The pricing of fleet management software varies a lot based on numerous factors, including features it offers, the number of vehicles it covers, deployment type, integrations, and customization needed. Fleet management software vendors offer multiple packages to choose from, with less-priced, limited features Starter plans (for businesses that need only basic fleet management tools) and higher-priced packages offering comprehensive features.
It is possible to get fleet management systems for as low as $5 per month; for example, Fleetio costs $5 per vehicle per month. There are numerous fleet management software options available for less than $100 per month; for example, Voila Cabs costs $20 per vehicle, My Route Online costs $49 per month, Badger Maps costs $49 (per user) per month, and Ground Alliance costs $99 per month. Some higher-priced top fleet management software tools include Vehicle Fleet Manager 4.0 that costs $139.95 for upto 15 vehicles, and eLogii costs $159 per month. Please check the GoodFirms’ Buyer’s Guide for Fleet Management Software for more details on pricing.
What Are the Hidden Costs Associated With Fleet Management Systems?
The top fleet tracking software vendors are generally transparent about the software’s pricing. However, you must confirm with the vendor possible hidden costs for customization, installation charges, data migration, customer support, system upgrades, maintenance, and integrations.
Are There Any Free Fleet Management Systems Available?
Yes, there are many free fleet management software tools available in the market. Businesses can leverage these to streamline their fleet management operations, reduce costs, and enhance profits, for example, free and open source fleet management software, Fleetco. Apart from the multiple paid plans, many top fleet management systems also provide free versions or freemiums of their software with basic features and covering a limited number of vehicles; for example, FleetVIP offers a free version covering up to 2 vehicles. Please refer to our blog on the best free and open source fleet management software for more such options.
Are the Fleet Management Software Solutions Secure?
Yes, typically, the top fleet tracking software vendors ensure robust, multi-layer security tools to keep your business data safe and earn trust. Before finalizing a fleet management system for your business, it is still advisable to compare the customer reviews, ratings, and feedback of multiple fleet management tools. Also, discuss software’s security offerings with the vendor, including data backup, storage, data integrity, data sharing, encryption, access controls, vulnerability scanning, etc.