Best Server Backup Software
Server backup software can ensure the secure storage of your important information in a remote cloud or server and saves you from the loss of important data in case of technical failure or human error. The server backup systems differ in terms of the storage it facilitates. The data can be stored on remote cloud servers or any on-premises hardware device. These server backup solutions can ensure the security of your business data and allow easy access to the data at the same time. This following list of server backup tools with detailed features and authentic users’ reviews can help you in picking the one that is compatible with your business requirements.
List of Best Server Backup System | Best Server Backup Tools
Desktop virtualization doesn't have to be complicated. And V2 Cloud is the IT nerd you need. As a fully integrated Desktop-as-a-Service solution, we focus on speed and simplicity—so you can work faster from anywhere. Let our support team get rid of your worries—use your cloud computer safely. Quickly. And economically. Try V2 Cloud risk-free and say hello to the simplest cloud desktop. ... read more about V2 Cloud$40 Per Month7 Days25% in Server Backup Software
Druva delivers data protection and management for the cloud era. Druva Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service; customers drive down costs by over 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management.Druva is trusted worldwide by over 4,000 companies at the forefront of embracing cloud. Druva is a privately held compan ... read more about DruvaContact vendorN/A100% in Server Backup Software
Easily back up and sync your files with GoodSync. Our simple and secure file backup and synchronization software will ensure that your files are never lost. Data backup and synchronization for Windows and Linux Servers. An easy-to-use automated and unattended service with multiple destination options. ... read more about GoodSync$29.95 Per Year30 Days33% in Server Backup Software
It delivers availability for all workloads virtual, physical, cloud (including VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper‑V) from a single management console. It combines the backup, restores and replication capabilities of Veeam Backup & Replication with the advanced monitoring, reporting and capacity planning functionality of Veeam ONE. ... read more about VeeamContact vendorN/A25% in Server Backup Software
Unitrends increases uptime and confidence in a world in which IT professionals must do more with less. Unitrends leverages high-availability hardware and software engineering, cloud economics, enterprise power with consumer-grade design, and customer-obsessed support to natively provide all-in-one enterprise backup and continuity. The result is a “one throat to choke” set of offerings that all ... read more about UnitrendsFree versionAvailable33% in Server Backup Software
Resilio Inc. was spun out of BitTorrent Inc. to bring the power and resilience of distributed technology to the modern enterprise. Resilio started with core BitTorrent technology and hardened it for commercial use while adding the centralized management and control required for modern IT. ... read more about ResilioContact vendorN/A50% in Server Backup Software
The winner of a “Best of VMworld 2018” and the Gold Award for Data Protection, NAKIVO is a US corporation dedicated to developing the ultimate VM backup and site recovery solution. As a unique feature, NAKIVO Backup & Replication runs natively on leading storage systems including QNAP, Synology, ASUSTOR, Western Digital, and NETGEAR to deliver up to 2X performance advantage. The product also ... read more about NakivoContact vendor15 DaysServer Backup Software
BackupVault is a leading provider of completely automatic, fully encrypted cloud backup for servers. They are based 100% in the UK and trusted by 1000's of organisations worldwide; from small business and schools to public sector clients and large corporations. By combining enterprise-class technology with outstanding support and customer service, BackupVault takes the stress out of protecting you ... read more about BackupVaultContact vendor30 Days100% in Server Backup Software
As an innovative data protection solution provider headquartered in Chengdu, China, Vinchin has been focusing on development of the most easy-to-use data protection solution, Vinchin Backup & Recovery. This is an image-based agentless VM backup software supports different virtualization environments including VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer, Redhat Virtualization/oVirt, OLVM, XCP-ng, OpenStack, S ... read more about VinchinContact vendorMore than 30 days100% in Server Backup Software
It’s time for Intelligent Data Management that’s easy to use, cost-effective, scalable and proven to deliver. The future belongs to the data ready. Ensure data availability for all workloads across cloud and on-prem environments, with enterprise backup software. Wherever your data resides, ensure availability via a single interface with Commvault Say goodbye to costly data loss scenarios, segr ... read more about CommvaultContact vendorN/A20% in Server Backup Software
Since 2015, Rewind has been on a mission to help businesses protect their software-as-a-service (SaaS) and cloud data. Over 100,000 customers in more than 100 countries have used Rewind’s top-reviewed apps and support to ensure their businesses run uninterrupted. Rewind enables companies to backup, restore, and copy the critical data that drives their business. Supported platforms include GitHu ... read more about Rewind$9 Per MonthAvailable50% in Server Backup Software
Backup entire drive on your computer to the cloud or to an external hard drive, including OS and all, with content and information structure intact. Using IDrive's disk imaging you can back up an entire drive with the content exactly as it is on the original storage device, including both data and structure information. The image file can be backed up to the cloud or locally on an external hard dr ... read more about IDriveContact vendorN/A50% in Server Backup Software
Altaro VM Backup for MSPs is a monthly subscription program, built specifically for MSPs. It allows you to provide your customers with reliable virtual backups, recovery, and replication. Pay per VM per month, with the flexibility to set your own pricing model for your customers. You will get full access to all features across all customers, including Replication, CDP, Instant Boot, Deduplication, ... read more about Altaro VM Backup$59.80 Per Year30 Days33% in Server Backup Software
Endpoint security tool that eliminates various types of threats, including viruses, malware, ransomware, rootkits, worms and spyware using anti-spyware, anti-phishing, web control, anti-spam, and botnet protection with remote management capability. Keep your endpoints secure from ransomware and zeroday threats with an easytouse cloudbased console. ESET PROTECT Advanced bundle includes Endpoint Pro ... read more about ESET Endpoint SecurityContact vendor30 Days34% in Server Backup Software
Life risks are insured by purchasing insurance. The same as life, data can also be insured - be backed up. The most cost-efficient expert solution for large-scale virtual machines, SQL database backup on daily basis and in the long term. With agentless, flexible, automatic data backup & recovery covering all sized business needs, AOMEI Cyber Backup can save you high IT manager salaries, daily da ... read more about AOMEI Backupper StandardFree versionAvailable33% in Server Backup Software
Carbonite offers all the tools necessary for protecting data from the most common forms of data loss, including ransomware, accidental deletions, hardware failures, and natural disasters. From automated computer backup to comprehensive protection for physical and virtual server environments, Carbonite ensures the accessibility and resiliency of data for any system. ... read more about Carbonite$4.99 Per Month15 Days33% in Server Backup Software
NovaBACKUP is a backup software designed for IT persons and small businesses that do not have time to deal with the hassles of doing backups yet need to protect their most valuable data. ... read more about NovaBACKUP$199.95 Per Year15 Days33% in Server Backup Software
Backblaze cloud backup has backed up over millions of gigabytes of data for Mac and PC laptops and desktops. To date, Backblaze has restored over 30 billion files for our customers. Without our cloud backup service, those files would have been lost forever. ... read more about Backblaze$6 Per MonthN/A50% in Server Backup Software
Iperius Backup is one of the best free backup software, also released in commercial editions for those who need advanced backup features for their companies. The freeware version of Iperius Backup allows you to backup to any mass storage device, such as NAS, external USB hard drives, RDX drives, and networked computers. It has comprehensive scheduling and e-mail sending functions. ... read more about Iperius BackupFree versionAvailable25% in Server Backup Software
Handy Backup Standard is an easy to use and reliable backup solution with a rich set of features and well-thought user interface. The program is known as one of the best backup software for home and SoHo PCs.Handy Backup allows making both Linux and Windows image backup, as well as saving data drive images either from inside a working OS or directly via a USB recovery drive. ... read more about Handy BackupContact vendor30 Days33% in Server Backup Software
Plesk is the leading WebOps platform and control panel to run, automate and grow applications, websites and hosting businesses. We manage and secure 380,000+ servers, automating 11M+ websites and 19M+ mailboxes. ... read more about Plesk$9.16 Per MonthN/A33% in Server Backup Software
Vembu has ventured into the Backup & Disaster Recovery market in 2002. Since then, the only focus is on building a comprehensive data protection solution. Vembu’s flagship offering - BDRSuite - is a Comprehensive and Cost-Effective Backup and Disaster Recovery Solution for Small/Medium Businesses, Enterprise Businesses, and Service Providers. BDRSuite is designed to protect data across Da ... read more about BDRSuiteContact vendor30 Days25% in Server Backup Software
EaseUS Todo Backup helps to protect your data free. One-click backup, instant recovery. Backup is to protect and save your data. EaseUS free backup software makes it easy to schedule and run backup actively while data is increasing daily. Clone disk or partition sector by sector. Make full copies, securely upgrade and replace the old disk. No impact on your original data. Safely recover your whole ... read more about EaseUS Todo BackupFree versionAvailable33% in Server Backup Software
Duplicati is a backup client that securely stores encrypted, incremental, compressed remote backups of local files on cloud storage services and remote file servers. ... read more about DuplicatiFree versionAvailable50% in Server Backup Software
UrBackup is an easy to setup Open Source client/server backup system, that through a combination of image and file backups accomplishes both data safety and a fast restoration time. File and image backups are made while the system is running without interrupting current processes. UrBackup also continuously watches folders you want backed up in order to quickly find differences to previous b ... read more about UrBackupFree versionAvailable50% in Server Backup Software
BackupAssist is the leading-edge provider of affordable Windows Server Backup and DR software.Used in over 165 countries, our award-winning software helps businesses avert financial ruin when disaster strikes.Our software allows for the backup of anything from just a few files to whole servers—virtual or physical. It supports all modern backup destinations from local to external disks, network l ... read more about BackupAssist$129.00 One-timeN/A100% in Server Backup Software
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects a ... read more about AcronisContact vendorMore than 30 days33% in Server Backup Software
Z-DBackup lets you back up your Windows Server quickly and easily. It is extremely flexible and can be used for very simple tasks up to sophisticated, complex backup schemes, with multiple sources and targets in a network. This makes it ideal for professional server backups. Run your backups automatically with Z-Cron or Windows Task Scheduler, and back up data to tape with Z-DATdump.Z-Cron is our ... read more about Z-DBackupFree versionAvailable100% in Server Backup Software
Ahsay Cloud Backup Suite is specifically designed for Managed Service Providers, System Integrators and IT Consulting Companies. It can empower you to offer secure managed, cloud hosted, and on-premises backup service to your business end customers and earn recurring income. ... read more about Ahsay Cloud Backup SuiteContact vendorMore than 30 days100% in Server Backup Software
SQLBackupAndFTP is ideal for any SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL database where backups should be sent to FTP, SFTP, FTPS, NAS, local or network folder, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, Amazon S3 (and any S3-Compatible storage), Azure Storage, Backblaze B2, Yandex.Disk. It is especially useful for SQL Server Express 2005, SQL Server Express 2008 and SQL Server Express 2014, since they don't h ... read more about SQL Backup and FTPFree versionAvailable100% in Server Backup Software
Bacula Systems is the leading Enterprise Open Core network backup and restore software company, combining Bacula's enterprise-class open standards software with first-class support and professional services.Leveraging the millions of downloads of the community project, Bacula Enterprise is by far the most popular Open Core software solution for network backup, data recovery and protection of compu ... read more about BaculaFree versionAvailable100% in Server Backup Software
GRBackPro is a Professional designed to easily back up your important data reliably and quickly. This top best ranked business network Server backup software easily makes cost-effective Windows Server backup a reality. This can run as a Service while no users are logged on making it perfect for a Windows Server installation. The integrated scheduler will runs your server backups with or without so ... read more about GRSoftware$59.00 One-time30 Days100% in Server Backup Software
SQL Backup Master backs up your SQL Server databases to any number of popular cloud storage services such as Dropbox, OneDrive, Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Box, and Google Drive. It can also back up databases to an FTP server - or a folder on your local machine, network server, or storage device.Backing up your SQL Server databases to the cloud shouldn't be complicated or expensive. SQL Backup Mas ... read more about SQL Backup MasterContact vendorN/A100% in Server Backup Software
RBackup Remote Backup Software works like regular data backup software, but with one important difference. Instead of sending backups to a tape drive or other media attached to the computer it is backing up, RBackup online backup software sends the backup over the Internet or other network connections to your online backup server safely offsite. It does this (usually) at night while computers are ... read more about RbackupContact vendor15 Days100% in Server Backup Software
Introduction to Buyer’s Guide For Server Backup Software
Numerous incidents in the past demonstrated how organizations have to bear loss due to inefficient data backup systems. There are many reasons for data loss; it could be human error, software updates, cyber-attacks, device failure, etc. A robust data backup system can act as a contingency plan when such disasters strike. However, with the emerging digital trend, the data-backup is no longer about just producing a second copy. In fact, there are more critical elements involved in it, such as quick data retrieval, data protection, and no duplicate data. Robust server backup software can be quite handy in data recovery and protecting valuable data. It is capable of taking data backup in any format and integrates well with any platform. It is recommended that users select the best server backup software and ensure that it aligns with their backup requirements.
This buyer guide on server backup software is designed to help business owners, stakeholders, and organizations to explore the software from various dimensions. It discusses the server backup software features, price, benefits, and latest trends. This information can turn out to be very beneficial for customers in deciding the best server backup software.
Why Is It Critical For Business to Backup the Server?
Businesses that do not have a proper data backup plan can impact their operations. As per one of the research papers, it is stated that business finds it difficult to resume operation on the full scale due to an insufficient or unreliable data backup. Another research claims that data breaches can affect the company’s overall performance. These studies clearly indicate that data security and continuous data access are critical for business functioning.
Businesses are becoming data-driven, and they have learned to utilize the data for enhancing business performance. Organizations use data in various ways- they use them to make important decisions, analyze customer needs, predict market trends, plan future projects, etc. However, these data are valuable, and losing them can directly impact the business. Everything from hardware failure and weather attacks to ransom attacks, the database system can easily become prey to these vulnerabilities. Data backup is mission-critical and timely data backup can save an organization's resource and money both. Interestingly, besides knowing the role of data in shaping the organization’s growth, many enterprises lack in implementing a solid data backup plan or do not take the right approach for data backup. It is imperative for a successful business to put a data backup server in their priority list and not fall back during data failure.
How Can Businesses Accomplish Data Backup, Data Safety And A Fast Restoration Time?
One thing that organizations and business enterprises learned while using a computer system is that it can crash anytime, and data can vanish in no time if not secured. The only way to deal with this disaster is to have a robust data backup system that supports fast restoration time.
The early form of data backup included tapes, floppy disks, and hard drives; these devices were pretty helpful in taking the data backups; however, they have limitations such as storage capacity, weak security measures, and higher managing costs. But there is one more critical aspect of the data backup process where these devices failed - "data recovery." The main difference between data backup and recovery is that data backup is a copy of an original database, whereas recovery means restoring the database to its original state. Along with data backup, organizations should also consider a data recovery plan. Data stored on hard drives and floppies are fragmented, and therefore it is not helpful in the data recovery process. In addition to that, these devices are prone to security risks. If the device comes into the wrong hands, they can exploit the data for their benefit.
But as data backup technology progressed, it offered a better alternative in the form of server backup software to take data backup securely and fast restoration. Server backup software is turning out as a useful piece of technology. It assures up-to-date recovery of all crucial data and successful disaster recovery. It automates the data backup and does not miss out on any of the data. Server backup software proposes the best backup solution in the digital world. The software team provides all the technical assistance and eliminates all the roadblocks in data backup. Users who do not want the hassle of managing the on-premise server backup software can even choose cloud infrastructure for their organization. Online server backup software allows taking data backup from anywhere and promises high security.
Users either use on-premise or online server backup software. At the same time, there are few who prefer using both by implementing the 3-2-1 backup rule. In the 3-2-1 backup rule, the user creates three copies of data, two of which stay on different media (disk and tape), and one copy is offsite ( on a cloud, separate data center, separate office building, etc.). It assures more safety and minimizes the risk of complete data loss. Depending on the organization's size and type of operations, an individual can select the server backup software.
Whether the data resides on-premise or in a virtual environment, robust server backup software can safeguard the database and ensure successful restoration during a system crash. It can protect everything from laptops to the largest enterprise data centers through a single interface.
What Is Server Backup Software?
Server backup software is a tool that helps the organization to store and retrieve server data easily when there is a system failure or a data breach. It ensures that the organization remains functional and achieves business goals during unexpected data loss. The reason for data loss could be a natural disaster, human error, or cyber-attacks.
What Is the Difference Between Online Backup Software And Server Backup Software?
- Online backup software: Online backup software allows users to take data backup on a remote server through the internet. In the online backup, software providers manage everything on behalf of clients, including maintenance and security. Most online backup software offers a pay-as-you-go model, and therefore, it can turn out as the cheapest server backup software. It also exhibits low data redundancy.
- Server backup software: Server backup software allows users to backup server data on local or on-premise devices such as disks, tape, hard drives, servers, etc. Users that seek more control over their data usually opt for server backup software (on-premise software). The data can be backed up without the internet.
What Are the Different Types of Backup?
- Full Backup: Full backup involves taking backup of all the folders and files. This method is simple, easy, and has a higher data recovery speed. Since it takes a full backup, the files are larger in size and require more storage space. Before taking a full backup, the admin has to check the storage space availability for uninterrupted backup.
- Differential backup: In the differential method, backup of only those files are taken that have changed since the last backup. It includes data that has been created, altered, or updated. The storage requirements for the backup are pretty low. Over time, the data size can grow in differential backup, and it is advisable to perform a full backup at regular intervals to keep the differential data backup size low. In short, the differential backup involves taking the most recent full backup plus differential backup.
- Incremental backup: Incremental backup is focused on the changes made in the last backup. It is pretty much related to differential backup; however, in the differential method, it takes the snapshot of all the changes between the present system and the last full backup, whereas in incremental backup snapshots only specific changes that occur between the present system and last full backup. It takes less storage space and runs much faster.
- Mirror backup: As the name indicates, Mirror backup is the exact copy of the files or folders backed up from the source. It is the fastest backup type but requires more storage space than any other backup method. The users have to be careful while using mirror backup; if any original file is deleted, it will also delete a file from mirror backup.
- Image backup: Image backup enables users to take full disk backup of an entire system, including the operating system, applications, and all the data. It is also known as a disk image or system image backup. It is often saved as a single file and referred to as an image.
How Server Backup Software Assists Businesses In Streamlining the Backup Process?
Businesses today produce a massive amount of data, and they continuously communicate with the data servers to perform various business operations. Data servers hold a key position in the IT infrastructure, and their failure could lead to an unbearable loss to the organization. Most organizations follow standard practices and install anti-virus to avoid disruption in their data servers. However, in the dynamic work environment, this strategy is not efficient, especially when a server crashes down. It requires a unified platform that manages data failure and minimizes the risk of a data breach. Server backup software can be quite helpful in mitigating data failure issues. It can support files of any format and easily integrates with the existing database. It can even identify and eliminates duplicate data. The best server backup software provides a centralized solution for maintaining and managing server data. The backup software also supports rule-based backup and enables users to schedule the backup on a specific day and time. Thus, backup software helps users in many ways to streamline the backup process and make it efficient.
In What Ways Can an Organization Deploy Server Backup Software In Their Infrastructure?
There are three ways most organizations deploy server backup software in their infrastructure.
- On-premise: Users who want to have complete control over their data usually deploy an on-premise backup or in-house backup. It is more costly than other deployment methods but ensures that users can have data access even if there is no internet.
- Cloud: Cloud-based backup offers great scalability and requires no onsite hardware. Server backup software on the cloud can be accessed from anywhere. Deployment on the cloud is cost-effective, and users usually pay for the resources they use. Some popular public cloud providers are AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
- Hybrid: Hybrid server backup software involves both onsite local backup plus offsite cloud backups. This model provides a better protection strategy and offers the additional assurance of having a solid data backup plan.
Technology is re-inventing new models and approaches to enhance the efficiency of server backup software, and to harness the power of this software; it is recommended that users explore the benefits of server backup software.
What Are the Benefits of Server Backup Software?
- Automatic backup: Automatic backup software provides the advantage of scheduling the backup without the client's intervention. It gives them the flexibility to choose the data backup on a daily basis, monthly or quarterly.
- Less work for I.T department: With automatic backup, the I.T department can reduce its workload and can focus more on other core issues.
- Saves time and resources: Server backup solutions provide a centralized system to deploy and manage backups. It helps the organization to reduce the time and resources required to manage backup across all the devices in an organization.
- Reduce data management costs: Best server backup software reduces data management costs. Laptops or computers can crash anytime, and retrieving data from the crashed system is expensive and complex. However, these costs can be controlled with top backup software.
- Enhances data recovery capabilities: Server backup software allows users to retrieve files of any size, and users do not need to worry about the files that are accidentally deleted. It enhances the data recovery capabilities and is able to deal with any threats leading to data loss.
Time-Saving Features of Server Backup Software
- Automatic backup
- Backup to disk, tape, and cloud
- Real-time data transfer
- Automated conflict resolution
- End-to-end encryption
- Version history control
- Remote file access from any device
- Reports and data analytics
- Data compression
- Physical-to-virtual recovery
Key Considerations to Take In Account Before Buying the Best Server Backup Software
- Support deduplication: Storage space is crucial in data backup, and if the server backup tools fail to identify the duplicate records, it can impact the storage capacity and add extra costs for buying excess space. It is recommended that users should select the best server backup system that supports deduplication. It helps to identify and eliminate duplicate records.
- Scalability: Best server backup software helps users to scale the software as the business grows. It is not feasible to buy new software to accommodate the increasing data volume; also, it is a time-consuming process to integrate new software into the business infrastructure. Therefore it is recommended that the user select the server backup software that is scalable.
- Smooth restoration: Best server backup system should have a user-friendly interface and facilitate the smooth restoration of data.
- Customer Support: Setting up server backup software can involve some complex setup and require inputs from technical experts. Also, for the continuous performance of server backup software, strong customer support can be pretty helpful.
- Robust security: High security is mandatory for server backup software. Database is the prime target for hackers, and only strong security can eliminate the security threats.
- Software pricing: Pricing is the critical factor for businesses to decide on buying server backup solutions. It is essential that the clients are aware of the hidden costs of server backup software. Users should clarify with the software vendors about the storage, training, licensing, and maintenance costs.
Is It Safe to Use Cloud Based Server Backup Software?
Yes, cloud-based server backup software is safe and effective to use.
As per one of the leading market surveys, the cloud backup market is projected to reach 10.25 billion by 2025. It means cloud-based server backup has immense growth potential.
The cloud server backup software is completely responsible for maintenance and back-end support. It reduces the risks of data failure and allows users to store data on multiple cloud storage. In fact, the cloud server backup tools are the answer to the old adage, “There are only two types of hard drives. Those that have failed, and those that will fail.” It is not a good idea to rely simply on an onsite server backup solution; they can crash at any time, and in such a scenario cloud-based server backup software solutions are pretty helpful. It maintains the version history and allows users to recover data from any point of time. Automation is another advantage of using cloud-based server backup tools. It automatically takes the backup as new files are generated or updated and notifies the users about the backup completion.
Cloud-based server backup solutions facilitate large file backups, and users don’t even have to think about server downtime. The software vendors perform a regular scan to ensure that the client’s files, workloads, applications, etc., are protected. Most cloud server backup tools offer a high level of encryption and double-factor authorization for secure access of the data. Some of the software vendors are also turning to AI to protect client’s data. The AI algorithm is used to identify the potential vulnerabilities in the data backup system. Besides that, they maintain the client’s data on many different data centers, so in case if any one server fails, the other server quickly replaces the failed server. In this way, it ensures that there is no redundancy in data backup. Since cloud-based server backup solutions immediately move data off-site, it can be restored rapidly. Some of the best server backup system providers are also optimistic about blockchain technology to enhance security measures.
Cloud based server backup tools are taking big strides in securing client’s data and with emerging technology, it is anticipated to get even better. Clients should also look at the latest trends that are influencing the server backup tools.
Latest Trends In Server Backup Software
- IoT for disaster recovery: IoT is best-in-class technology, and it helps devices to communicate real-time data without human intervention. IoT sensors collect and process a fair amount of data while communicating with other systems or software. IoT is usually found in a supportive role and is not linked directly to business transactions. So when a system crashes, these devices can remain unaffected and retain some of the valuable data. It cannot act as a traditional backup system but certainly helps to recover the last known state. Besides that, these devices could give alerts on fire breakouts or electrocution, which can be helpful for the prevention of disasters.
- Multi-cloud data backup: Enterprises are becoming more conscious about their data backup, and it is reasonable because of the increasing risks of data loss. Most organizations follow the 3-2-1 backup rule; it is a viable solution for data backup, but this traditional method takes ample time to restore the data. To overcome this limitation, modern workplaces are adopting a new approach of multi-cloud data backup. With reasonably priced cloud storage, multi-cloud is not just fast but also cost-effective. A multi-cloud backup system is undoubtedly a good option, but few people also prefer hybrid cloud backups.
- Blockchain-based backup: Blockchain has been a controversial technology, but its decentralized concept has surely taken the world by storm. Blockchain blocks are difficult to hack and alter. It makes blockchain technology a perfect solution for server backup. There are server backup software already using blockchain technology, and more adoption is anticipated due to the authenticity, immutability, and integrity of stored data.
What Is the Average Cost of Best Server Backup Software?
The costs of server backup software can vary e, and users can get a wide range of options on software selection. The software price varies based on features, software deployment, storage capabilities, and services ( customer support, training, etc.). The average cost of server backup software could be anywhere from around $4.99/month to $49.95/month or more. Some software vendors also offer free server backup software, but usually, it comes with limited features.
- Best server backup software for startups and small-scale business: Startups and small businesses often deal with a smaller budget, fewer resources, and limited customers. A budget-friendly server backup can add value to the organization and ensures that there are no obstacles in delivering business services. Carbonite, at the price of $4.99/month, is the best server backup software for small-scale businesses and startups. The software provides unlimited backup, remote file access, and secure access of data. Users can even consider Blackblaze at the price of $6/month. The software claims to be one of the easiest cloud backup solutions. Strong security features and unlimited file backup are some notable features of the software. Startups and small-scale businesses can strike a fair deal with this software, but there are ample options available in the market. Other server backup software solutions that fall in the same slot include Iperius Backup, Plesk, UrBackup, etc.
- Best server backup software for mid-size and large enterprises: Mid-size and large-scale businesses need a full-fledged server backup software that meets their unique needs and accommodates maximum users. AOMEI Backupper, at a price of $49.95, is the best server backup software for mid-size and large enterprises. The tool's ability to take backup of various storage devices and rich feature lists makes it ideal for mid-size and large enterprises. V2 Cloud at a price of $40/month is a good alternative to AOMEI Backupper. The software is flexible in pricing and offers basic, business, and enterprise plan, which users can choose based on their requirements. The software provides individual and team cloud desktops to manage their off-shore data servers. There are no long-term contracts and offers a free trial. Other tools that qualify as the best server backup software for mid-size and large businesses include Vinchin,IDrive, MSP360, etc. Some of these software offers free server backup software. For users that are keen on high-end features and deploy effective server backup across all the sites, then a premium range backup server such as Morro CloudNAS is the best option.
- Free and open source server backup software: Free and open source server backup software is gaining popularity among organizations, especially those that lack in-house experts. Free and open source server backup software solutions are valuable assets for startups and small businesses as it is not expensive, and can be freely distributed.
Why Refer to Goodfirms' List of Best Server Backup Software?
GoodFirms is a top review and rating platform for IT solutions. It has been listing software solutions for various industries and helping them to find the right software solution for their domain. It follows an unbiased review and rating system so that buyers can access genuine software products and add value to their business. GoodFirms visitors can compare various software products based on pricing, features, and services.
Businesses have enhanced their capacity to process huge amounts of data, and along with that, the risks of data loss have also doubled. Data that holds valuable information about the organization must be protected and recovered when the primary server fails. Data loss can disturb the organization’s operations and sometimes even cause irreversible damage. A stitch in time saves nine, and this proverb quite resonates with data backup technology. Businesses have been using various data backup technologies to avoid data loss, but some of these technologies are either too slow or do not match the current trend. Fortunately, server backup software is integrated with features that quickly respond to data loss. It can send alerts to users about the potential risk and reduce the data management costs by eliminating duplicate data. Integrating server backup software in their IT infrastructure users can ensure data consistency and keep business running during a system failure. If the fear of data loss haunts you and seeks a permanent solution to it, then do not fail to check the list of best server backup software prepared by GoodFirms’ expert team.