The 6 Best Free and Open Source SEO Software Solutions
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is vital to businesses today. It is a fundamental process to generate customers. Marketers today rely more on ‘SEO Software Suites’ to stay ahead of their competitors.
The trend of AI-based enterprise SEO technology is in. From Siri to Alexa to Google Home, everything is facilitated excellently by the tech-driven solutions and tools.
Earlier, SEO was merely related to sharing links to get wider reach. But the automated software programs have given enhanced pace and opportunities to the marketers to explore new horizons of search engine marketing. Google Search Console has brought a new revolution in the SEO industry.
This article will allow you to understand more about the SEO Software systems and learn about some of the powerful free and open source SEO software solutions that can bring the best out of all businesses.
SEO Software – A Quick View!
SEO involves optimizing a website’s content to match the search intent of the users. Your website’s indexing by the search engines depicts how useful the contents are for the users, and the retention rate confirms how long they are sticking to your site. Search Engine Marketing and Social Media Marketing are supportive pillars to the basic SEO activities that help in the overall development of a web project and to find the measures of analysis and analyze its progress.
An easy to download or easily installable software is always appreciated by the users, and it keeps upgrading time-to-time. The reporting procedure that comes with is exceptional.
Other than backlink tracking, keyword analysis, and trend analysis, the SEO software program identifies the best possible strategies to improve search relevance of your website.
Many tools are available online that offer a broad industry analysis and competitor data to the webmasters. The SEO software tools are the backbone of the product and marketing teams in the organizations. They save time and efforts of the SEO experts by identifying the key aspects that could help to generate higher rankings on search engines.
Some software solutions also offer paid search or search advertising facility and optimization tools. Search advertising tools are used to analyze conversion metrics, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and ad placement. However, some of the free SEO software programs also yield the desired results.
Important Constituents of an SEO Software Program
Any SEO software solution should cover the following features:
- Universal Search Analysis
- Keyword Rank Tracking
- Keyword Opportunity Research
- Content Optimization Recommendations
- Site Crawling Functionality
- Page Reporting and Recommendations
- Backlink Analysis
- Analytics Integration
- Technical SEO Crawling and Recommendations
- Social Media Metric Tracking
An Efficient and Effective SEO Software
SEO software is rated based on its efficiency. It should be at the least able to perform the following functions;
- Analyze the content of a website by providing data & suggestions for the improvements within SERPs.
- Produce historical reports based on the optimization-related metrics.
- Focus on improving the free and organic search engine listings.
Key Benefits of using the SEO Software
Google, Bing, and AOL are among the leading search engines that rule the entire search market. The contents published on different internet-based channels go through a proper evaluation process called indexing. When the search engines approve them, they get ranked based on certain factors like; user-oriented, readable, link quality, image, video and audio quality, authenticity and recent market trends.
Search Engine Rankings matter to the businesses a lot. Higher the ranking a business website possesses, higher possibility of trade it could retain. The web visitors will more preferably check it, and so, its chances of getting business will improve.
As it is a basic rule of nature that what ranks first will be the best – the customers start checking out the number of search engine page results displayed between 1 and 10 and choose the best suitable business, opportunity, product or services for them. The research process continues in the descending order and the customers select the preferred web solution according to their needs and budget.
A good list of SEO software solutions is also made available to the customers utilizing the best keywords and search results that could benefit them to upgrade the level of their web projects and lead the market competition.
Let us check what the key benefits of leading SEO Software solutions are.
- The software optimizes your website to perform best on the SERPs.
- It researches best key-phrases for targeting in the search marketing efforts.
- It stays updated with all changes in search engine algorithms.
- It provides comprehensive reports on website ranking and performance.
- It researches the competitor’s keywords and strategies.
Recent Trends in the SEO Software Market
As per Statista research, search engine marketing expenditure in the US alone is projected to reach around $80 billion at an annual rate by the year 2020. The study depicts that more than 60% of the brands manage their SEO campaigns by a third-party software solution. The enterprise SEO technology market has become a big business today. Check out the pie-chart given below to know about what technology most users are using to manage their SEO projects.
Local SEO Software Market
Local SEO Software Market is also expected to grow with a CAGR of +14.83% during the period 2019-2024. This type of software is generally used to promote products or services of a company to their potential local customers. This software tool also allows the users to identify, organize and analyze keywords along with advancing their search engine rankings. Such software programs are accurate, scalable and faster. They give you deep insight into the keyword density system, real-time keyword ranking, and ROI presentation.
The local SEO market segmentation covers two categories for which the relevant type of software deployment can proceed further:
Market Segmentation by Type: Cloud-based and On-premises software deployment.
Market Segmentation by Applications: Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and Large Enterprises.
Why Marketers Prefer Free and Open Source SEO Software?
Many small to medium-sized businesses prefer using open source SEO software programs. Most of them are free software solutions and provide ease-of-use facility to the users. They have communities of hundreds and thousands of programmers constantly engaged towards contributing towards enhancing the software. The full codebase of those open source websites is made available to the users for editing thereby offering total flexibility.
Marketers prefer open source SEO software solutions due to the following reasons:
- All the open-source platforms remain up-to-date with the ever-changing requirements and algorithms of Google in a better and faster way compared to a proprietary platform. The cost incurred to match the most patches/updates released for addressing new requirements of Google is minimal or almost free.
- Open source SEO software programs are more portable than others. They are easy to set up and give acceptable results. The free version of the software provides enough traction for evaluating the app.
- The open source SEO programs are fully editable. No part of the code or database of these software programs are signed under any commercial licence as in the case with the proprietary solutions.
- Majority of open source software programs come with multi-lingual support. So, users need not worry about language restrictions. These software programs come with a flexible plan, and their settings can be adjusted easily.
Now, let us check some of the powerful free and open source SEO software programs that will be helpful for you to move further with your SEO campaigns and benefit you for the long term.
A thorough comparison report is also given below to help you compare which software will work best for your SEO requirements.
Now, let us check all these software programs in detail.
Award-winning open source SEO software – SEO Panel provides an excellent tool kit to manage search engine optimization of your websites. It is a free software available as per GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE V2. The software was initially released on January 2010, and it has become the Most Promising Open Source Project in 2011 at the Open Source Awards in 2011.
- SEOPanel accompanies the most reliable 'old-school' concept of automatic directory submission that is hardly adopted anymore by most SEO companies.
- The most significant feature of SEOPanel software is its SEO plug-ins. The plug-ins can be added to the SEO panel to extend the features as per your requirements.
- It supports an astonishing keyword position checker, rank checker, sitemap generator, Meta tag generator, backlink checker and site auditor tool.
- It supports 30 languages and ensures report sending feature.
Pipulate is a fantastic, free and open source SEO software program that is designed to let users check and investigate data against URLs, keywords and anything else that is in trend. It is licensed as per MIT License and works on Mac, Windows or Linux desktop.
- Pipulate SEO tool investigates about position checks, site crawls, and API-hitting lookup-jobs directly into the Google Docs.
- It supports scheduling analysis.
- Additional to analyzing SEO and Social Media related factors, it also covers Python functions.
- It facilitates awesome UI.
One of the leading free and open source SEO software – SERPOSCOPE excels in rank tracking for monitoring website’s ranking in Google. It runs on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux, licensed as per MIT licensing and helps in improving your website’s SEO performance.
- Serposcope software allows unlimited keywords and website tracking.
- It facilitates competitor tracking, local and custom search and user account management.
- It is designed to run on a desktop PC or server flexibly.
- It provides proxy and captcha support.
- It only requires Java and facilitates easy setup with one click installer.
Matomo is a premium web analytics platform that fully respects the user’s privacy. It is a free and open source web analytics tool that comes with 100% data ownership. It is a reliable, secure and customizable tool that comes with GDPR compliance.
- Matomo claims 100% data accuracy.
- It evaluates and performs enhanced SEO features.
- It analyzes Heatmaps, Sessions Recordings, A/B Testing, Funnels, Goals, and Form Analytics.
- It is currently used over 1.4 million websites across 190 countries.
- It respects user-privacy and provides roll-up reporting.
OpenSEO is a free and open source tool to evaluate your website. Users call it a must-have Chrome Extension to be aware of the health of their web properties. It supports over 30 languages and 1 SEO extension for Chrome.
- It shows web rank and SEO stats of the current web page.
- It gives quick access to Geo IP Location, backlinks, indexed pages, cached pages, socials, Whois, Alexa, etc.
- It shows site security information that is rated by top security advisor like McAfee Site Advisor.
- The latest version 184.108.40.206 is last updated on April 10, 2017.
SEO Toolbox is an initiative by SEER Interactive that is a free and open source program. The software provides outstanding service and innovation across SEO, PPC, and Analytics. The company was established in 2002 by Wil Reynolds, and it is focussed to turn to the web to solve their problems.
- The Seer’s SEO Toolbox claims that it is a one-of-the-best tool for marketers and not programmers.
- It is a spreadsheet-based tool where mash-ups can be easily created.
- All the people working on similar tools can function as a team on the same doc.
- It facilitates faster analysis for visits, bounce rates, and goal conversions.
- It calculates metrics based on backlink analysis.
(Source: Seer’s SEO Toolbox)
We have included one more software for discussion under the SEO software solutions category-SEMrush. SEMrush is a popular software leading the market today. It is a promising solution for the SEO companies and entrepreneurs in the digital marketing arena. Let us check it in detail to have more information in this regard.
It is an all-in-one marketing toolkit that is offered to digital marketing professionals. It is developed for the enterprises and e-commerce businesses that aim to boost the online progress of their online-store. The SEMrush software is used by more than 4 million users worldwide as ‘Software-as-a-Service’ digital marketing and analysis tool.
- SEMrush is a cloud-based, SaaS, and web-based software that easily operates on Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone/iPad platforms.
- It is the best-to-use software solution for all small, medium, and large businesses and offers monthly & annual subscription facility.
- It facilitates the best multi-domain support across the board.
- Customized real-time report generation facility.
- It conducts a deep link and backlink analysis with phenomenal SERP ranking tracking.
MOZ Pro, Ahrefs, SE Ranking, SpyFu, Serpstat, Mangools, Advance Web Ranking, and MOZ Local, etc, are some other popular SEO Software solutions available in the market. If you are already using one from the software listed above, you can freely share your reviews here.
Experts state, “SEO is as unpredictable as a hurricane.”
So, when your strategy and planning seems falling behind, SEO Software takes up the charge.
The future of SEO lies in rapid analysis and quick results for improvement on SERPs. 47% of the visitors do not wait longer than 2 seconds for a page to load, but they can only if the exceptional quality and informative content are presented to retain their interest. However, the bounce rate will increase with the increase in loading time of the web page.
Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and User Experience (UX) are becoming the major transforming factors for new era’s Search Engine Optimization approach. Both visual and voice searches are expected to rise by 50% by the year 2020.
So the bottom line is, “A lucrative solution it is to utilize SEO software. It makes you quickly turn your audience with all the positive efforts & practices.”
The marketing team must ensure that your potential customers can easily find out more information about your business online. Search engines like Google and Bing are mass ... continue reading