SEO software improves a website's organic ranking in search engine listings. With functions such as keyword research, backlink analysis, traffic analytics, advertising research, on-page SEO checker, site audit, and many more, SEO managers get all tools required for their website optimization in one place.
What is SEO software?
SEO software is an application tool that assists SEO managers in targeting the right keywords, fetch relevant traffic, track page rankings, optimize web pages, and find quality backlinks for their website. Many free SEO tools provide valuable information about the competitor's keyword strategies and their best practices.
How can you select the best SEO software?
With hundreds of SEO tools available in the market, it isn't easy to analyze each one on multiple parameters. GoodFirms research team has been continuously evaluating and creating a list of best SEO software based on qualitative and quantitative metrics like the accuracy of backlink and keyword information, the simplicity of use, features offered, etc. Go ahead and pick the top search engine optimization tool that fits your budget and business requirements for website promotion :
List of Best SEO Tools | Best Search Engine Optimization Software
- Free Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Software Tool
An Award-Winning open source SEO software tool for manage search engine optimization of your websites in a single platform. SEO Panel is an SEO tool kit that includes the latest hot SEO tools to increase and track the performance of your websites. Main features of Seo Panel software: Automatic Directory Submission Tool, Keyword Position Checker, Webmaster Tools, Social Media Checker, Site Aud... learn more about SEO Panel"Amazing!"Goutham Krishna
- All-in-one Marketing SEO Tool
Semrush is a leading online visibility management software-as-a-service platform. With over 50 products, tools and add-ons across online visibility management, including tools for search, content, social media and market research, data for more than 140 countries, seamless integration with Google and task management platforms, Semrush is a critical solution for all companies who are serious abo... learn more about Semrush"Our go-to tool"Paul MyersVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$119.95 per Month
- SEO Tools & Resources To Grow Your Search Traffic
Ahrefs is known as the world's largest index of live backlinks and the ultimate website analysis toolset that is trusted by thousands of SEOs and Integrated Marketing Professionals worldwide. Explorer disrupted the stagnant field of backlink analysis and kick-started a new round of competition among SEO software providers. It quickly became one of the world's best backlink analysis of SEO tools. ... learn more about Ahrefs"Friends A To Z Advertising Pvt Ltd "Mr. KarthikVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$99.00 per Month
- All-in-One Suite of SEO Tools
Moz Pro is an amazing family of SEO solutions for every need. We build best-in-class SEO software for every situation, from our all-in-one SEO platform to tools for local SEO, enterprise SERP analytics, and a powerful API. SEO software and data to help you increase traffic, rankings, and visibility in search results. ... learn more about Moz Pro"One of the Best SEO Tools to Build & Track Your Digital Campaigns "Karuna HemnaniVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$99.00 per Month
- Competitor Keyword Research Tools for AdWords PPC & SEO
SpyFu uncovers the best opportunities for search marketers. We connect SEOs and PPC pros with the answers they need to stay competitive and grow their business. SpyFu helps you spy on your competitors use their search marketing secret formula to improve your own business. Deep research or quick glimpses at their ad habits show you what works and what to avoid when you're connecting with your targe... learn more about SpyFu"Provides you deep Analysis of your competitors"Eduard Klein, International Digital Growth Initiator at Eduard Klein
- Convert your Google Search Console account to awesome SEO tracking platform!
SeoPoz provides a top-notch SEO product, which helps you to create SEO dashboards and SEO reports with a few clicks. It helps you to watch your SEO performance, keyword ranking changes, and all SEO KPIs in a way you are always looking for.... learn more about SeoPoz"Well worth signing up - but not for the free account."Martin Dimmock, Owner at HarryAdney Internet ServicesVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$9 per Month
- All-Inclusive cloud-based SEO software
With SE Ranking you get simple but powerful SEO tools for monitoring SEO-optimization results. The SEO software is a reliable assistant for any marketing / SEO expert from the keyword selection and analysis stage to tracking the selected keywords in major search engines, including local and mobile SERPs checking. Track your competitor's rankings and generate subtly adjusted reports, use the white-... learn more about SE Ranking"Great for tracking your website positions"Helen CollinsVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$18.30 per Month
- Rank tracking made easy.
Advanced Web Ranking SEO tool is a powerful online rank tracker suitable for both Digital Agencies and In-house SEOs. This SEO software used by more than 18.000 companies worldwide it provides accurate and reliable ranking results. Here are some of the companies who have chosen to grow their business with Advanced Web Ranking: Ogilvy, Screaming Frog, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Sony, Disney, BBC, Hi... learn more about Advance Web Ranking"Nice & very effective"Aniket Bhandari, Director Business Development at EncureIT Systems Pvt. Ltd.VISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$49.00 per Month
- All-in-One SEO platform for professionals
Serpstat is a keyword and ranking research tool used for in-depth competitor analysis and building advertising campaigns. Serpstat SEO tool will help you improve your website's overall SEO and PPC performance online. It provides various metrics and reports for keyword and domain research. Serpstat uses live SERP update to keep its data fresh. A special online algorithm is applied, updating a certa... learn more about Serpstat"One-stop solution for SEO"Aqsa T., Senior Growth Marketer at Brandnic LLC
- Juicy SEO tools you will love
Mangools is a package of easy to use SEO tools that cover everything from keyword research, rank tracking, backlink analysis to SEO analysis of competitors. It's great for bloggers, affiliate marketers, marketing agencies, SEO professionals and beginners. The ease of use, visualizations and great UX helps to quickly understand all the data even for people who are starting with SEO. Mangools is an ... learn more about Mangools"Most accurate SEO software"Janice Wald, Blogger, Blogging Coach, Speaker, Marketer, Author at MostlyBlogging.comVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial10 daysEntry Level Price$49.00 per Month
- Rank Faster
CanIRank studies your website and competitors to identify specific actions you can take right now to grow your search engine traffic. For every opportunity, get step-by-step instructions or delegate to an expert with just one click. CanIRank's machine learning algorithms learned what works by studying the marketing tactics of over 400,000 websites. Regardless of your industry or company size, ... learn more about CanIRank"CanIRank helps improve your SEO & keeps you organized!"Jessica Festa, Owner at NYC Photo JourneysVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$49.00 per Month
- Online Accuracy for Offline Results.
Brands with fewer locations have to balance the importance of working online with the urgency of their day-to-day. Moz Local does the hardest work for you, letting you spend more time with your customers. Check online listings off your list, almost effortlessly. Build trust in your customers and in search engines. Know when it's working and when to take action. ... learn more about Moz Local"It saves me a lot of time & money"Phillip Livingston, Digital Marketing Specialist at Condo Control CentralVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$14 per Month
- SEO Spider Tool
The Screaming Frog SEO Spider Software - A small desktop program which spiders websites' links, images, CSS, script and apps. It also fetches key onsite page elements for SEO, presents them in tabs by type and allows you to filter for common SEO issues, or slice & dice the data how you see fit by exporting/ importing into Excel. You can view, analyze and filter the information as it's gathered ... learn more about Screaming Frog SEO Spider Software"A tool for the more experienced SEO marketer"Sarah Steinman, SEO and Content Writer at Cape & Bay Marketing
- Link Intelligence Tools for SEO
Majestic maps the web to bring you the Link Intelligence data that you need to dominate your market. You don't have to be an SEO to enjoy award-winning data from one of SEO's most established brands. Majestic provides backlink intelligence to SEO specialists. We believe we are the planet's most comprehensive backlink information provider and offer a number of tools to access this valuable resource... learn more about Majestic"Backlink reports are the best"Anita Anderson, Digital Marketing Strategist/ Owner at ACA Web ConsultingVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$49.99 per Month
- Driving the Convergence of SEO and Content Marketing.
BrightEdge is a system which helps businesses win the content battles of the digital world with its set of effective and highly productive content performance marketing products. With BightEdge, businesses have a powerful set of features and functionalities that help them gauge how their content is performing in the digital world and determine how to further enhance content performance through com... learn more about Brightedge"A continued tracker of issues related to keywords or content updates"Celeste Huffman, Digital Marketing Specialist at Rocket Web
- The Best SEO Tools & White Label Marketing Reports
Raven Tools is a white label SEO reports & All-In-One SEO Tool Platform. Raven Tools is an online platform that helps users quickly research, manage, monitor and report on SEO, social media, PPC and other Internet marketing campaigns. Its collaborative, multi-user features and fast, professional reports make it the software choice of thousands of online marketers worldwide.... learn more about Raven Tools"Overall Good Experience"Sachin Jacob , Project Manager at E-bility GmbHVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$99.00 per Year
- Strengthen your brand and increase your sales
The Searchmetrics’ all-in-one platform will help you discover gaps, set strategy, and prioritize opportunities to attract your audience and increase revenue.... learn more about Searchmetrics Suite"Best tool for our business"Mukhebi Mweka, IT Manager at The Computing Business CentreVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Attract Customers With Content And SEO.
Best-in-class search and content marketing technology combined with expert strategy services. Achieve your goals with the new leader in digital marketing solutions, built just for you. It starts with Conductor Searchlight, the new foundation of your enterprise marketing technology stack. Understand and connect with customers more effectively and efficiently, powered by the world's best organic mar... learn more about Conductor Searchlight"Co nductor Searchlight "vincent totinoVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Explore what the world is searching.
Google Trends is a website by Google that analyzes the popularity of top search queries in Google Search across various regions and languages. The website uses graphs to compare the search volume of different queries over time.... learn more about Google Trends"Google Trends: A loyal friend for SEO"Alejandro Rausseo, Managing Director at The Entrepreneurs 21
- SEO and Site Architecture Tool
Meta Forensics is a website architecture, website quality, performance optimization, content checking, internal link analysis and SEO tool that helps identify unseen website problems that may be affecting your visitors, search engine crawlers and ultimately, hampering your site.... learn more about Meta Forensics"It's an amazing tool, provides a huge amount of insight and the best part is that it's FREE!"Joe Edgley, SEO & Digital Marketing Expert at Amplified Marketing
- Get the important marketing data to work with
The project allows you to track your keywords ranking, mentions of your brand, or check the links. We will also monitor changes on the website, and we will automatically notify you about them by email.Within a project, you can track changes of ranking for specific keywords on daily or weekly basis. ... learn more about Marketing Miner"It has unique input-output reporting which has no comparison and makes our work much easier"Michal Pecánek, Head of Marketing at CDN77 & DataPacket
- Get more traffic with our SEO toolset.
Senuto is a SaaS-based SEO analytics platform and know-how consultancy that delivers data to help you easily improve your search engine ranking through data-driven content marketing. ... learn more about Senuto"I highly recommend trying Senuto"Karol Soja, Head of SEO/SEM at Vestigio Sp. z o.o.VISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$59 per Month
- SEO Audit & Reporting Tool
SEOptimer is one of the world's most popular website analysis tools, serving over 100,000 visitors monthly, and having produced over a million website reports. SEOptimer performs a detailed analysis of over 100 website data points, assessing your website on indicators such as SEO strength, performance, and security, as well as providing simple, actionable recommendations on how to improve your onl... learn more about SEOptimer"Their recommendations for on-site SEO are good"Steven Jaenke, Founder & CEO at Digimark AustraliaVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$19 per Month
- Powerful Keyword Rank Tracker for Google, Bing and Yahoo.
Get found on the Internet. Track keywords in the most popular search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. Follow the changes of your positioning in search engines and find out which SEO methods work, and which do not work. Stop wasting valuable time and resources repeating outdated SEO methods, and find out what works in the present.... learn more about SerpYou"Great experience! "Bilal Ahmed Shaikh, System Analyst at GextonVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$9 per Month
- Build Relationships. Build Buzz.
Research influencers, manage your relationships and conduct outreach that’s personalized and efficient. BuzzStream discovers contact information, social profiles, and site metrics for you. It’s easy to prioritize the most important, influential contacts. It automatically saves your emails and tweets and lets you set reminders to follow-up. You’ll never lose track of a conversation or project... learn more about BuzzStream" B2B email marketing"Eulises Quintero, Content Manager at TITOMAVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$24 per Month
- EHR Chiropractic Software for 21st century
ChiroWebMD is the pioneer in chiropractic web development marketing and advertising solutions! We provide you with all your business needs - web site layouts, articles, software and marketing technologies. Our chiropractic EHR solutions allow you to create complete, HIPAA-compliant documentation quickly and easily, so you can spend more time on what matters most in your practice–your patients. ... learn more about ChiroWebMD"The platform is really organized"Dr Drew Hall, Chiropractic Doctor at Hall Upper Cervical Chiropractic
- Right Marketing Campaign for Your Business.
Designed for small to midsize businesses, it is a marketing campaign management solution that manages leads through google shopping, search ads and retarding ads. PPC management solution that helps manage visitors, sales and leads through website analytics and bid optimization algorithms. ... learn more about Kliken"Bad service all lie "Sam KhalafVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$75 per Month
- SEO Software Tools for Results-Driven Site Owners
SEO PowerSuite is the most complete set of effective SEO software that is absolutely enough to achieve and maintain top traffic–generating positions in any search engine. SEO PowerSuite was designed to combine immense SEO capabilities with straightforwardness and extreme ease of use. This SEO software really guides and assists you in every task. No techy preps and deep SEO knowledge needed, just... learn more about SEO PowerSuite
- Marketing Agency Software for Management and Reporting
ReportGarden helps Digital Marketing Agencies prepare analysis and performance reports for their clients. We came up with the idea when trying to find an alternative to the excel reports provided by google and bing. Most agencies face an issue in the beginning of the month trying to create reports. They take a long time to prepare and don’t convey the message to the client properly. ... learn more about ReportGardenVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$149.00 per Month
- SEO Tools - White-Label Digital Marketing Platform
WebCEO is a set of 22 effective online SEO tools on a single platform for in-depth keyword research, accurate rank tracking, backlink analysis, regular SEO audits, quick domain analysis, competitor research, social media monitoring and more. You can also use WebCEO as a white-label SEO platform hosted on your own domain and provide your clients with branded professional SEO reports.... learn more about WebCEOVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$39.00 per Month
- Website Traffic Statistics & Market Intelligence
SimilarWeb is the pioneer of digital market intelligence, and the standard for understanding the digital world. Our platform provides customers with granular insights about every website and mobile app enabling visibility into digital behavior and letting businesses see what is actually happening with their competitors, their industry and throughout the digital world. ... learn more about SimilarWeb Pro
- SEO Tools to Increase Your Traffic
Whether you are an SEO Professional, Digital Marketing Agency, SMB or Brand, looking to increase your traffic or to monitor your site's evolution, this SEO software will provide you with best in class digital marketing strategy analysis and insights for your business. ... learn more about cognitiveSEOVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$129.99 per Month
- Free Website Review Tool & SEO Checker.
WooRank is an internet startup focused on providing small businesses, online marketers and SEOs a solution to optimize, promote and measure their websites in an automated, instant and simple way. ... learn more about WooRankVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$59.99 per Month
- Making Businesses Visible.
DeepCrawl is the world’s most comprehensive website crawler, providing actionable data for flawless website architecture. By identifying and monitoring key issues that could affect your SEO performance, we empower you to optimize your site for users and search engines alike. ... learn more about DeepCrawlVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$89.00 per Month
- Local Marketing Made Simple
The local marketing platform that puts you in control of SEO, business listings, and online reputation. Trusted by 1,000s of marketers. Built by local search experts. Our all-in-one SEO tool is used worldwide by agencies, SMBs, and multi-location businesses to make local marketing simple. Want to get ahead in local search? Don't waste time jumping between tools. With BrightLocal you can: - T... learn more about BrightLocalVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$29.00 per Month
- SEO Software
The SEO Tool Lab was created to develop new cutting edge SEO software unlike anything the market has seen before. We believe in providing very practical tools that deliver huge advantage in SEO. The output from our tools is highly actionable and can deliver amazing results. ... learn more about CORAVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$250.00 per Month
- Never Miss Your Growth Goal Again
Clickx unleashes your business's full potential. Pinpoint which marketing efforts are working, understand your competitors deeply, and demystify what makes your audience convert. Improve traffic and lead flow – all from a single platform. ... learn more about ClickxVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$50.00 per Month
- All-In-One Reporting Platform for Agencies.
AgencyAnalytics is an SEO reporting software solution for marketing agencies. It offers mobile apps, custom branded dashboards, multiple third-party analytics integrations, automated reporting, social analytics, backlink monitoring, SEO auditing, PPC keyword tracking, and more. ... learn more about AgencyAnalyticsVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$49.00 per Month
- Tools for Marketers.
Unamo SEO (Search Engine Optimization) provides clients with daily keyword rankings for both mobile and desktop searches, a complete backlink profile powered by majestic, an on-page optimization checker, reports, and a comprehens. ... learn more about Unamo SEOVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$19.00 per Month
- Claim your Local Listings on Google, Facebook, Yelp and 100+ Directories
TribeLocal is a comprehensive, all-in-one local SEO and citation platform designed to greatly extend the reach of your business via search engine optimization and analytics. ... learn more about TribeLocalVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$49.00 per Month
- Accurate rank tracking whether you’re looking at global rankings or how you rank in
Grow your organic traffic, track your most important keywords, demonstrate the values of your SEO efforts, and drive more sales with Nightwatch’s rank tracking, site audit, backlink, and reporting tools. Drive more sales with Nightwatch’s rank tracking, site audit, backlink, and reporting tools. ... learn more about NightwatchVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$39 per Month
- K-meta: keyword and domain research tool for winning competitor SEO and PPC strategy
How do you find targeted keywords that will generate traffic and are pitch-perfect for your business? Ideally, you’d pick keywords that, with the right content, will bring up your webpages in search engines and social networks. How do you get them? By using K-meta’s Keywords Ads Research tool. Our keyword and domain research tool will help you identify relevant, high-traffic keyword... learn more about K-MetaVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$9 per Month
- Control your brand experience on search, social, and voice
Synup is a location intelligence tool that helps businesses with their local marketing, discovery, and engagement. Businesses and agencies alike can use Synup to get listed online, monitor online reputation, generate business reviews and track search engine analytics. ... learn more about Synup
- SEO toolkit for Smart Agencies.
With Rank Active you’ve got 6 in 1 toolkit, in particular: Rank Tracker | Data chart set and a cocktail of SEO key performance indicators Site Auditor | Insight on website health check according to 69 parameters Competitors Inspector | Complete competitors’ SEO strategy insight Top Analyzer | SERP TOP-10 insight Keyword Finder | Keyword research tool with 4 different types of data-mini... learn more about RankActiveVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$29 per Month
- Find, Reach, and Convert Your Audience with Marketing That Works
Information is power - if you have the right tools. Alexa's suite of intuitive analytics products transforms data into meaningful insights that lead to competitive advantage for your company.At Alexa, we focus exclusively on delivering the richest and most meaningful analytics tools for our customers ... learn more about AlexaVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$79.00 per Month
- Add a Secret Weapon to Your SEO Repertoire, Making Spreadsheets Collect Your Data For You.
Pipulate is designed to let you do data lookups against long lists of URLs, keywords, or anything else you need, in an ad hoc fashion. Any function you can write as a stand-alone Python function is “drop-in” compatible with Pipulate. So, if you program one-off lookup functions, it can become a permanent tool in your toolbox, usable forever forward in Sheets.... learn more about Pipulate
- Serposcope is a free and open-source rank tracker to monitor websites ranking
Because serposcope is totally free, you can track any keywords and any websites you want without any limits.The software automatically track all the websites for a specific keyword, you can retrieve ranking history of a competitor at any time. ... learn more about Serphacker
- A web analytics revolution has begun ...
This is where tools like Google Analytics becomes extremely limited and cashes in with their GA360 Premium suite. At Matomo, we believe all data should be reported 100% accurately, or else what’s the point?With Matomo, the philosophy around data ownership is simple, you own your data, no one else. ... learn more about Matomo
- Introduction to Buyer’s Guide for SEO Software
- What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
- How has SEO Evolved over the years?
- How does SEO work?
- Why do we need SEO software solutions?
- What are the different types of SEO software?
- What are the benefits of SEO Software Management tools?
- What is the importance of SEO software for Businesses?
- What are the latest trends in SEO software?
- What are the features to consider before purchasing SEO Software?
- What is the average price of SEO Software?
- How to choose the right SEO Software for your business?
- Why consider GoodFirms' list of top SEO Software?
Introduction to Buyer’s Guide for SEO Software
In the digital marketing era, even though a majority of budget spend consists of online advertising, a significant portion is invested in Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Traditional methods of SEO are still pertinent. However, modern SEO has evolved to have multiple facets, such as mobile and local. Digital Marketers need tools to ensure the smooth development of the company’s SEO strategy and policies.
Search engine optimization software helps planners analyze multiple data points and parameters to develop a pertinent SEO strategy for the website.
This SEO Software buyer’s guide clarifies the characteristics, benefits, and price points of multiple SEO software tools. Buyers may read it and come to a suitable conclusion on the type - and brand - of SEO audit tools to be purchased.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO is a practice of increasing the organic or unpaid traffic to your website - whether business or personal - from any search engine, by organizing, or optimizing, website composition, or online marketing strategy.
Simply put, optimization is a technique by which the webpage ranks higher on a Search Engine Results Page (SERP). The more relevant a website’s content is to user searches, the further up it ranks, especially given the importance of getting on the first SERP of any search engine.
Optimization on a website is done taking into account several factors that help it outrank competitors. Optimization is divided into two broad categories -
- The content of a webpage (By far, the most important parameter)
- Keywords and their correlation to user search
- Meta Title and Meta Descriptions (Title Tags and URL) which provide information to search engine crawlers
- Backlinking - References to websites from other website sources
- Social Media presence
- Participation in Online hubs and forums
Optimizing these parameters achieves maximum SEO effectiveness. Site navigability and voice search compatibility are also important factors, to name a few.
How has SEO Evolved over the years?
- SEO, as a concept, came into existence with the full-fledged operations of a few of the biggest search engines in the 1990s chiefly Yahoo.
- The only factors in deciding a higher page rank were website content during the initial years of SEO were through on-page activities. Content, HTML tags’ correctness, backlinking, and other factors decided the age rank.
- This era of SEO was highlighted by very high keyword density - merely repeating the keywords to ensure the website ranked above its competitors.
- Google’s all-spanning influence rose to prominence in the early 21st century, when they powered Yahoo’s search results.
- Google‘s algorithm was unique for the time. It ranked websites based on on-page and off-page SEO factors. Therefore, backlinking - not just the quantity but also the quality of links- rose to prominence.
- Local SEO gained prominence in 2004. SEO also turned far more personalized in the same year, as Google started using user-specific device data to populate SERP results.
- The revolutionary search algorithm underwent significant modifications in the 2000s. It was updated to ensure bigger brands received favorable SERP rankings. Then, in 2008, an update named Caffeine reduced the time taken to index web pages, as part of a revolutionary new search architecture. Just a few months down the line, Google announced web page loading speed was also a factor in SEO ranking.
- The Panda and Penguin updates changed SEO on Google rapidly. The former countered high page rankings due to unoriginal or poor quality content and the latter introduced the “no-spamming” index which punished high keyword density and low-quality backlinks.
- SEO support was implemented for mobile devices in 2015. Accelerated Mobile Pages were introduced in 2016.
- AI and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to fuel voice search have taken center stage recently. SEO now includes techniques to optimize websites and pages for voice searches.
How does SEO work?
Any search engine uses crawlers or spiders to parse and traverse all content and data on the web. Website features such as load speed, landing page, navigation, multimedia quality, authenticity, and relevance of content, backlinks, and citations, and so on, are a few factors on which the website and its pages are evaluated.
Crawlers will also traverse all back-linked text, to ensure the validity of the website.
Once the crawler has sufficient information regarding a website, the website is returned to the search engine and indexed for quick retrieval.
When the user does a search that’s relevant to them, the search engine displays the indexed pages in a manner that most befits the site’s optimization.
This means sites with the best, most relevant, and highly cited content, alongside exceptional off-site and on-site optimization factors will get displayed on the SERP. This is what is called ranking and is directly dependent on Search Engine Optimization.
Why do we need SEO software solutions?
SEO Tools helps owners and users of websites analyze keyword data and other relevant metrics to enhance page ranking and develop a profitable SEO strategy. The features of SEO expert software are as follows -
- Keyword Research: This is an important parameter in SEO. Keyword research is used to determine the search volume of a particular keyword phrase and to determine if it will make a difference to your website content strategy. Keyword rank tracking and keyword opportunities are particularly important metrics in this space. You can find more relevant details about keyword research and optimization by reading this informative blog.
- Website Audits - SEO Software reviews and suggests improvements in the SEO of a website and all its corresponding pages by crawling. Parameters such as backlinks, Title tags, citations, content quality, etc., are analyzed and reported to the user for a quick fix.
- Competitor analysis - SEO tools generally have the capability of analyzing competing websites based on their ranking on search engines, the websites that refer users to your competitor’s content, and the quality of the inbound traffic.
- Reporting and analytics - With the help of reporting dashboards on the tool, users can analyze website metrics like total traffic, the average google rank, google rank of a website for keyword sets, citations, etc. These can then be used to boost performance through SEO. The analytics dashboard also modifies users of shifting patterns in bounce rate, geography-specific web page rankings, page views, and many other metrics.
- Content Management and Benchmarking - SEO tools help compare your website’s content and HTML parameters to the best performing search results on Google and other search engines. Content can also be created with a WordPress or a content management system plug-in.
- Social Media reporting - Track the performance of URLs (Click rate, total traffic, etc.) besides the number of like shares, comments, and tweets on the URL from different platforms,
- Indexing and crawling - The websites must be indexed to facilitate crawling by search engine robots and spiders for rank determination. SEO tools can keep a track of the web pages given for indexing, those that have already been indexed, and keep a track of historical indexing on the website pages as well.
- Link Management - Analyze the backlinks running back to your site and generate reports on their performances. SEO tools also notify you if the backlinks change. Anchor text, Page availability, and page rank are some of the most commonly checked parameters.
- Sharing - SEO tools should facilitate the sharing of important reports through email and other mediums of communication over the web.
- A/B Testing - SEO software must help users test the effectiveness and capability of multiple SEO strategies. This is achieved via A/B Tests over website traffic.
- Google Analytics Integration - Google’s web analytics platform helps record and display data for accurate implementation of SEO policies.
- Mobile Search Tracking - SEO optimization software helps searches coming from mobile devices, which are significantly important for revenue and tracking.
- User Management - Only administrative users should be able to access sensitive SEO data, to ensure data security and strategy protection.
What are the different types of SEO software?
The SEO management software generally performs most, if not all, of the functions required to improve SEO performances for users. However, they can be further classified as follows -
- Keyword tool - This tool is specifically used for analyzing unique keyword sets and significant, yet underused, phrases. The goal is to identify and establish the most significant results in terms of value addition, ROI, and other parameters. Keyword tools return millions of answers based on filters such as CPC, historical significance, and volume of searches.
- Ranking tool - A fundamental purpose of an SEO solution is to ensure the tweaking of SEO policies to ensure the highest page rank. Ranking tools help you identify the position of pages on SERPs per keyword search term or phrase.
- AMP tools - Mobile SEOs have risen to extreme significance. Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) are new formats of result display on a SERP, especially on Google. It strips down components of the HTML, resulting in faster load times while displaying significantly important information. AMP tools are search engine optimization software, configured to highlight potential SEO faults in this format.
- Technical SEO tools - Unlike content Search Engine Optimization tools, these tools analyze the technical pillars of a website. The parameters under consideration include backlink addresses, HTML scripts, and other technical factors of the script.
- Content SEO Tools - This SEO software generally audits all content on the website to ensure it aligns with the optimization strategy. The tools delve into keyword analysis and suggestions besides content analysis.
- Plagiarism tools - These SEO tools analyze content to ensure zero plagiarism. Plagiarized copies of content are penalized by search engines such as Google, based on the extent to which they’re composed of copied data.
- Website Analysis tools - These SEO management tools offer the functionalities of both technical, and content SEO tools.
What are the benefits of SEO Software Management tools?
SEO software provides an array of tangible benefits to website owners. They are as follows -
- SEO Tools helps consistently monitor and report on website performances on many parameters such as ranking, traffic, backlinks, keyword strategy, etc., all to ensure the highest performance for websites.
- Search engine optimization software consists of keyword research tools that greatly save time and effort for personnel. The saved time can then be used to improve SEO strategy components, thereby increasing efficiency.
- SEO audit tools help in keyword targeting. The SEO software tool helps users look at a variety of keywords- long-tail, relevant, value-enhancing, besides other keyword factors to concentrate on.
- Most SEO software has trend analysis capabilities. The insights from these reports can help determine and refurbish content ideas. Content so created will always be at the cynosure of the market, and further analysis can be done to determine the direction of the trend(s), opening up scope for more content and better rankings.
- Search engine optimization tools help you keep track of backlinks and provide insights on the same. Users can manage all link partners, keep track of inbound and outbound links as well as correct broken ones.
- Most SEO solutions are generally updated to include the latest changes made on SEO policies by Google and other search engines.
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) is a hotbed of activity. Search engine optimization tools help keep track of website traffic performance from these websites, as well as monitor most parameters that influence rankings on SERPs.
- Competitor analysis is significantly important and this is a task SEO software tools manage with ease. Keep a track of search ranking, keywords used, and other important factors to prep your website to perform better as compared to your rivals.
- SEO tools help you to increase traffic to your website, which in turn, raises profits. Higher rankings bode well for increased product sales as well as digital ones (including ad spaces).
What is the importance of SEO software for Businesses?
In the digital marketing world, businesses need to devise clever strategies to be, literally and figuratively, omnipresent to users distributed geographically and socially.
SEO software will help businesses up their SEO game. On the face of it, this will lead to higher page rankings - correlating with higher traffic - for a website. SEO tools will also get businesses the necessary keyword information that they can use to build numerous strategies. SEO software will do almost all of the benefits listed above, for businesses.
The immediate effects of far better SEO policies through SEO software tools will be seen in the branding aspects. Better SEO will translate to higher brand recall, credibility, and loyalty among swathes of internet users who visit the webpage.
E-commerce business websites can use SEO tools to optimize website content and overall navigation on the website for better user experiences and influence their buying cycle. The sales apparatus is a direct beneficiary of improving specific SEO policies, after research through SEO software, especially on seller websites. These websites thrive on-demand generation.
Performance tracking of SEO activities is important for businesses and SEO tools to help organizations identify holes in their policies. The addressing of SEO issues helps companies extract maximum ROI.
Search engine optimization tools keep businesses afoot of trends and techniques in the digital marketing sphere. This helps businesses plan SEO investments and strategies to expand their footprint.
SEO audit tools are especially helpful in business cleave insights about SEO trends and policies. SEO tools develop opportunities, sometimes in places evaded by business chiefs.
As previously discussed, search engine optimization (SEO) tools keep users informed about competitor SEO policies. Businesses can plan and challenge the dominance of other players in the digital SEO place by developing equally innovative SEO strategies. The focus should be on the improvement of keyword research, alongside content and social media strategy.
What are the latest trends in SEO software?
SEO Software has evolved from a solid one-size fits all pattern to a more device and input-oriented one. With the market for SEO software expected to grow close to 14.83 percent per annum, between 2018 and 2022, more impetus has been given to mobile SEO.
SERP parameters such as AMP have made companies realign their SEO strategies to be more mobile-oriented. This means everything from content to web page loading and browser compatibility must be optimized for mobile readability.
A second trend that’s got hold of the market is the predominance of local SEO. It’s an SEO technique, more commonly used by small and medium-sized businesses, wherein website pages must be optimized with local data to make it more relevant to users searching locally for a product, within the product’s vicinity.
Thirdly, Natural language processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) have come together to rally voice search. It is estimated that voice searches on search engines have gone up significantly, although, recent research reveals only 20 percent of all Americans have a smart speaker.
Web pages need to be optimized efficiently for voice searches in the future to prevent loss of page rank.
What are the features to consider before purchasing SEO Software?
Some of the most important features of SEO tools to consider are as follows -
- Price - Remaining within budget while purchasing the best SEO software that benefits the organization is paramount. Free SEO tools come with benefits as well.
- Type of SEO Tool - Does your organization need a keyword analysis tool or plagiarism check software? Perhaps an all-in-one-suite is needed. Choosing the kind of Search engine optimization software is necessary.
- Features offered - It’s very important to gauge the features offered in your choice of SEO software. Some software will not involve certain features, while others involve niche ones. It’s important to decide the SEO software on the total bouquet of features offered.
- Depth of Reporting - SEO audit tools offer real depth in their reports. Some offer historical ranks of pages on a SERP relative to a keyword. Others offer minute-by-minute keyword references and data. The reporting analysis must be deep and insightful enough to implement SEO strategies.
- Access rights and data protection - Access to data must be regulated so that only administrators and specified users may access it. The data derived through analysis and reporting must also be protected by layers of security to prevent theft or malicious use.
- Mobile support - AMPs have grown in significance since being introduced by Google. SEO software must have capabilities to carry out SEO specialized to this new form of SERP data representation.
- Notification and alerts - Users must be made aware of changes in important metrics that measure SEO performance like site traffic, bounce rate, average keyword cluster search rates, etc.
- Third-party tools - SEO tools must have the ability to integrate with third-party software, ones that will enable better decision-making on SEO factors.
What is the average price of SEO Software?
The price of SEO software generally varies based on the features of the solution, the type of SEO tool that one is purchasing, and the size of the business itself.
GoodFirms has extensively covered the Top Free and Open Source SEO Software tools, which can be of interest to most business owners.
SEO Panel, SmallSEOTools, and SERP HACKER, cognitiveSEO are all free and open-source SEO Software tools. Softwares such as Meta Forensics, and Marketing Miner offer a free version tier before charging for high featured and exclusive versions. The tiers range from $25 intermediate to $89 for the more premium versions.
How to choose the right SEO Software for your business?
The right SEO tools for one’s business must be chosen on the following parameters:
- Budget - It’s important to follow a strict price range while choosing search engine optimization software while ensuring all necessary features are available as well.
- The size of the business must be taken into account. Smaller businesses can forgo expensive and often unnecessary SEO tool extensions. Big businesses will go for a complete package of SEO software.
- Interface design - The SEO tools must have a well-designed interface, replete with the most important metrics, and easy navigation toolbars so that users have no problem in operating the software.
- Data Protection - Since SEO software often decides a business's online strategy, appropriate data security must be provided within the software.
- Integration of third-party software is also a must given the plethora of extensions that can add functionality and data reporting capabilities to the tool.
- Features - The SEO audit tool must be able to do the most important tasks to achieve SEO business goals. Keyword strategies, website audits, local SEO, etc. are important capabilities the SEO must fulfill before being purchased.
Why consider GoodFirms' list of top SEO Software?
GoodFirms has persevered to present prospective buyers of SEO software tools an exhaustive, extensive, and authentic list, that would help them move in the direction of making a sure purchase.
The SEO tool listed here have had their features, advantages, and costs recorded. GoodFirms has also revealed the best free and open-source software and highlighted versioned software as well as premium SEO solutions.
For those seeking information in the fields of specific software solutions, let alone SEO software, GoodFirms houses an exceptional database of information that can be used in guiding one through important purchase decisions.