Data Visualization Software
Looking for the best data visualization software for your business? Here is a rundown of top data visualization tools that will provide with intelligent and simple BI data visualization solutions for your project experts. These new and evolving big data visualization platforms help your business to observe the statistics in the visual context like charts, videos, infographics etc. to avoid undetected patterns in text-based data with more intuitive channels of communication. So, go on and select the most reliable software that suits your business requirements and allotted budget from the list below thereby enhancing the speed of attaining your organization goals.
List of The Best Data Visualization Tools
List of The Best Data Visualization ToolsFilter
- 1Data Visualization & Business Intelligence Tool
datapine helps people to turn data into actionable insights and make data-driven decisions in real-time. A user-friendly drag & drop interface empowers everyone to make sense of complex data by asking important questions and receiving answers immediately. It offers a wealth of innovative BI 4.0 features like intelligent alarms and interactive dashboard features for modern, KPI driven businesses. ... read more about datapineTerrific product, very satisfied!- Korbinian Hackl
- 2Your Business Command Center.
- 3The Complete Event Data Streaming Platform
Keen.io is the complete event data streaming platform. Our platform can handle all aspects of your event data management, from collection to application. Stream, store, query, and present your data all in one place and get a competitive advantage over the competition. Keen allows you to get a true view of your product usage and interaction through event-based data. We make it easy to dive into the... read more about KeenVisit website30 Days$149/Month
- 4Powerful web low-code RAD platform
Scriptcase RAD is a development platform for PHP applications, is web oriented and can be installed in a server in the internet. It acts as a platform for developers and allows them the use of a graphical interface directly through a web browser to automatically generate the codes. Using Scriptcase, PHP developers can generate complete online applications. Scriptcase is a rapid web development too... read more about ScriptcaseVisit website20 Days$349/Year
- 5Changing the way you think about data.
Tableau Software helps people see and understand data. Offering a revolutionary new approach to business intelligence, Tableau allows you to quickly connect, visualize, and share data with a seamless experience from the PC to the iPad. Create and publish dashboards and share them with colleagues, partners, or customers—no programming skills required. ... read more about TableauTableau 2013.3 Desktop- Ojoswi BasuVisit website14 Days$70.00/Month
- 7Transform your business with powerful insights.Visit website15 Days$30.00/Month
- 8Your Window into the Elastic Stack
Kibana lets you visualize your Elasticsearch data and navigate the Elastic Stack, so you can do anything from learning why you're getting paged at 2:00 a.m. to understanding the impact rain might have on your quarterly numbers.Kibana gives you the freedom to select the way you give shape to your data. And you don’t always have to know what you're looking for. With its interactive vis... read more about KibanaGreat possibilities and sometimes Lots of custom work- Krzysztof Szukiec, CEO and Co-Founder at Stepwise.pl
- 9Explore the depths of your data.
Surfer is a full-function 2D and 3D mapping, modeling, and analysis software package for scientists and engineers. Surfer's sophisticated interpolation engine quickly transforms XYZ data into publication-quality maps. Virtually every aspect of the map is customizable. Enhance maps with profiles, legends, titles and labels, faults and break lines, or external maps from any web mapping service. It i... read more about SurferSurfer SEO - The New Kid on the Block- Milosz_Krasinski
- 10Faster answers. More insights. Better outcomes.
QlikView allows users to rapidly build and deploy analytic apps without the need for professional development skills, driving faster response to changing business requirements, shorter time to value, and more insight across the organization. ... read more about QlikViewWell rounded and full featured platform- Ashley Jane, Marketing Manager at zigihub
- 11BI Reporting Software.
SAP Crystal Reports is a system that is designed and developed to work in tandem with databases and to provide users with data to allow for thorough and detailed analysis and interpretation. SAP Crystal Reports simplifies drastically the process of creating simple and even complicated or specialized with its rich set of features and comprehensive tools. ... read more about SAP Crystal ReportsGood report writing system- Alicia Barevich, bCRE-Pro, bCEE
- 12Design anything. Publish anywhere.Visit website30 Days$12.95/Month
- 13BI & Data Visualization Software for Interactive Analytics
Looker is a complete data platform that offers data analytics and business insights to every department and easily integrates into applications to deliver data directly into the decision-making process. ... read more about LookerReally great for visualizing data- Arpan Shah , Founder at Intricare TechnologiesVisit website21 DaysContact Vendor
- 14Understanding analytics has never been so easy
Visitor Analytics is an accessible way of understanding website analytics. The software is GDPR-compliant and offers a straightforward user experience through statistical dashboards, simple visuals, and performance-based comparisons. Visitor Analytics keeps records of website visitor's location and history, bounce rates, pages performance, conversion rates, URL campaigns, referrers, and other valu... read more about Visitor AnalyticsAdvanced & Simplified- faiz anwarVisit website30 Days$3.99/Month
- 15Your Data. Your KPIs. All in One Place
BrightGauge Software allows you to display all of your important business metrics in one place through the use of gauges, dashboards, and client reports. It is a business intelligence tool focused on the IT Service Provider and MSP industry. Using our SaaS platform, Service Providers can generate customizable performance reports and dashboards based on their own unique data sources. No more loggin... read more about BrightGaugeGreat- Gary Boyle, Owner at ANiMODUSVisit website30 Days$233/Month
- 16Simple. Fast. Predictable.
Reveal removes the complexity of embedding analytics into your applications. Unlike your typical vendors, Reveal was built with embed in mind first, on today's most modern architecture. Reveal delivers a seamless experience with no added requirements, a flexible architecture and no complex licensing. Reveal is a true self-service solution that gives your developers and customers a simple, beautifu... read more about RevealThe Best Digital Marketing Institute- Aditya Bhalla, Founder at TechlusttVisit website14 Days$9.99/Month
- 17VIZUALIZE SURVEY DATA WITH EASE
VIZUALIZE YOUR SURVEY DATA WITH EASE Clean, transform and visualize survey data quickly in any of the top data visualization tools. Download our customizable ready-to-use Tableau, Power BI, Qlik Sense or Spotfire survey dashboard templates to get you going in under 30 minutes. How VizualSurvey Works: Use VizualSurvey to clean your survey data then connect it to one of our survey dashboard... read more about VizualSurveyPerfect Solution for me- Jason RoyVisit website14 Days$68/Month
- 18AI Augmented Data Quality Platform
DQLabs is an AI-augmented data quality platform that provides a simple way for organizations to handle issues around data quality, catalog, governance & data management effectively. AI and Machine Learning technology are blended carefully with the art of simplicity and usability. ... read more about DQLabsVisit website7 DaysContact Vendor
- 19Comprehensive data science platform with visual workflow design and full automation
RapidMiner Studio is a visual data science workflow designer accelerating the prototyping & validation of models. Easy to use visual environment for building analytics processes: Graphical design environment makes it simple and fast to design better models.... read more about RapidMiner StudioExceptionally Intuitive tool!- Donald Wilde
- 20Save Time, Save Money, Grow Business with PowerBoard
- 21Interactive data science meets modern BI
Mode is an analytics platform designed to help data analysts and data scientists analyze, visualize, and share data. Run fast, advanced analysis by seamlessly switching between a cloud-based SQL Editor, Python & R notebooks, and interactive visualizations. Focus on analysis, while stakeholders self-serve.... read more about ModeMode works very well.- Prashant Sugand, Director & Principal Consultant at Layertech
- 22Any BI can tell you what happened. Yellowfin tells you Why. Faster.
All BI companies can tell customers what happened. Yellowfin tell them why it happened. Yellowfin is a global Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics platform dedicated to solving real enterprise analytics challenges, and helping business people understand not only what happened, but why it happened. ... read more about YellowFin4 of 5 for this software- Darren Dean
- 23BI Platform & Data Visualization Software
Periscope Data builds analytics software that turns data teams into superheroes. Periscope data a Unified Data Platform is the industry’s first to address the complete analytics lifecycle, allowing data teams to ingest, store, analyze, visualize and report on data all from one connected platform. This empowers them to collaborate and drive faster insight while allowing businesses to foster a dat... read more about Periscope DataData relations managed well- KrishnaVisit website7 DaysContact Vendor
- 24SIMPLIFYING BUSINESS ANALYTICS FOR COMPLEX DATA.
Sisense gives you the easiest way to get real business insights from complex data with radically innovative business analytics. Sisense empowers everyday business users to independently manage, analyze and visualize complex data quickly and cost-effectively. ... read more about Sisense
- 25Affordable Analytics for All.
ReportPlus is a cloud-based or on-premise data visualization service that allows you to visualize the metrics that matter most to your business in one place. Monitor the most important KPI’s and know the health of your business with real-time dashboards, create rich interactive reports and access data on the go with ReportPlus apps for iOS, Windows and *Android, or on the Web. ... read more about ReportPlusVisit website30 Days$99.99/Year
- 26Sophisticated research made simple.
Qualtrics delivers professional grade power that was once only available via expensive outsourced consultants. With powerful data visualization software solutions for everything from concept testing, to user experience research, to pricing, Qualtrics provides self-serve access to anyone in an organization, never limiting use to trained experts.... read more about Qualtrics Research Core
- 27Data Analytics and Data Visualisation Software.
SAP Business Objects Lumira is a system that empowers enterprises and organizations to visualize their business data on self-service, and to collect and analyze all relevant information on one platform only. As massive your data can be, SAP BusinessObjects Lumira can tell the story of your business easily, giving presentations with predefined scripts and complex spreadsheets a business sense. ... read more about SAP Lumira
- 28Everyone on the same page, all the time.
Domo optimizes your business by connecting you to the data, people, and expertise you need to improve business results. Domo helps every employee – from the CEO to the front line worker – optimize business performance by connecting them to the right data and people they need to improve business results. ... read more about Domo
- 29Powerful Analytics Made Simple.
- 30Turn the tide of your business with insights.
Salesforce is the Customer Success Platform. Our social and mobile cloud technologies—including our flagship sales and CRM applications—help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways. ... read more about Einstein Analytics
- 31Smarter self-service you can trust
For the business user who needs to easily create compelling data visualizations and dashboards. For the business leader who needs a proven, self-service analytics solution they can trust. For the enterprise that needs the scalability and analytics governance, the business demands -- whether on-prem or on the cloud -- only IBM Cognos Analytics delivers it all. ... read more about IBM Cognos AnalyticsVisit website30 Days$70/Month
- 32Create engaging infographics and reports in minutes.
Infogram is a data visualization company that helps people create charts, infographics, maps and reports. We show people how to communicate with data in a clear and engaging way. We serve a wide range of customers including marketers, educators, journalists, consultants,and business professionals. We support people who see data as a powerful communication tool when visualized effectively. Our user... read more about Infogram
- 33End-to-end Supply Chain Planning Software and Business Intelligence Platform.
A collaborative platform for self-service supply chain planning and data discovery helping you accurately measure performance. Consolidate diverse internal and external data sources into a single data warehouse so that business users can quickly and easily build their own reports, linking elements from each data source for better precision in supply chain planning. ... read more about Halo
- 34Hit your goals and react to problems faster.Visit website30 Days$25.00/Month
- 35More than data it's faster decisions.
There are many reasons why customers, partners, and industry experts turn to TARGIT to help them make better, faster decisions. It’s not just our powerful decision-making platform, our proven methodology, or our dedicated employees and partners. It’s the combination of all of these that enable us to unleash the potential within organizations. It’s our mission to help companies perform better... read more about Targit
- 36Make better decisions faster.
ClicData is a leading provider of cloud-based dashboard systems that are designed to improve business efficiency through better reporting. It believes current BI tools are just too complex and static; every company should be able to get the most out of its data in a simple manner. Because the last thing you need is end users fiddling around in your data warehouse. ClicData includes hundreds of dir... read more about ClicDataVisit websiteN/A$19.00/Month
- 37Get more eyes on your KPIs.
iDashboards provides easy-to-use, visually-appealing and cost-effective dashboard software for clients in a wide variety of industries—including higher education, healthcare, logistics, finance, manufacturing and more. With customizable and flexible dashboard solutions that easily integrate with key data sources, iDashboards clients can quickly and effectively view and analyze their critical per... read more about iDashboards
- 38Because great BI needs to work the way you do.
Dundas BI gives you full control over your data so it can be quickly delivered in the most actionable way. Visually explore, prepare and transform your data into stunning dashboards, multi-page reports and visual data analytics – all to your exact specifications. With immense built-in functionality, agile data flows adapted to the user’s skills and fully open APIs, you no longer need to depend... read more about DundasVisit website45 DaysContact Vendor
- 39Segment unblocks every team, from engineering to product to marketing.
Segment is a fast-growing startup building a platform for collecting customer data. We provide a single API to track customer data across multiple devices and channels and send it to third-party tools, internal systems, or a SQL database with the flip of a switch. Segment eliminates the need to write code to integrate new tools, which saves time and removes dependencies across teammates. By consol... read more about SegmentVisit website14 Days$120.00/Month
- 40Bringing intelligence and value to the Internet of Things.
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 70,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. Our mission is to make it easier for more people to use powerful analytics every day, to shorten the path from data ... read more about SAS
- 41Pre-Built BI Analytics & Reports That Fit the Way You Do Business.
Stratum’s integrated set of business intelligence analytic applications and reports are easily customized to fit your unique business analysis and reporting requirements across Sales, Finance, Inventory, Purchasing and other core areas of your manufacturing or distribution business. Simply analyze and view your information in any number of ways and in business terms that you understand. Then... read more about Stratum Analytics
- 42Everybody plans. We make planning easy.
Adaptive Discovery is the only cloud-based visual dashboard and analytics software designed for use by executives, data analysts, line-of-business managers, finance and operations. With the capacity to incorporate financial and operational data, budgets, actuals, and forecasts, the tool makes it simple for your business to create and deliver dashboards, look into deeper data insights, and even per... read more about Adaptive Discovery
- 43Process design made simple, delivered for free
Studio Creatio Free - free powerful tools for simplified and collaborative process design. - ACCELERATE PROCESS DESIGN Design process diagrams with simple visual tools, store them in a convenient process library and manage all the processes in the unified environment - STANDARDIZE PROCESS MANAGEMENT Take advantage of the robust process designer that leverages BPMN 2.0 standard, which enables b... read more about Studio Creatio Free
- 44The World's Most Intuitive Virtual Data Room.
FirmRoom features a full suite of state-of-the-art built-in tools & capabilities. Our VDR is trusted by professionals all over the world. We not only meet industry security standards, but go above & beyond to protect your documents. Never worry about who can see what again. Easily transform, retrieve, & classify documents & folders on our smart platform. Features such as drag and drop, bulk upload... read more about FirmRoomVisit website14 Days$500/Month
- 45Interactive data visualization for any project - JS charts designed to be embedded and integrated
- 46The missing link between spreadsheets and data visualization.
RAWGraphs works with delimiter-separated value as well as with copied-and-pasted texts from other applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheets, TextEdit, …). It also works with CORS-enabled endpoints.RAWGraphs works with delimiter-separated values as well as with copied-and-pasted texts from other applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheets, TextEdit, …). It also works w... read more about Raw Graphs
- 47Easy-to-make, beautiful timelines.
TimelineJS is an open-source tool that enables anyone to build visually rich, interactive timelines. Beginners can create a timeline using nothing more than a Google spreadsheetExperts can use their JSON skills to create custom installations, while keeping TimelineJS's core functionality.... read more about TimelineJS
- 48Build beautiful web-based interfaces in Python
We’re strong believers that the future of technical computing and business intelligence is open source. Dash is MIT licensed. Run Dash on your desktop environment for free.Plotly offers the Dash Deployment Server for 1-click app deployment and app permissioning with LDAP and Active Directory, all behind your corporate firewall.... read more about Dash by Plotly
The chart is interactive: you can mouse over to highlight individual values. You can click and drag to zoom. Double-clicking will zoom you back out. Shift-drag will pan. You can change the number and hit enter to adjust the averaging period.... read more about Dygraphs
- 50The Open Graph Viz Platform
Gephi is the leading visualization and exploration software for all kinds of graphs and networks. Gephi is open-source and free.Gephi is an open-source software for visualizing and analyzing large networks graphs. Gephi uses a 3D render engine to display graphs in real-time and speed up the exploration.... read more about Gephi
- Buyer's Guide To Data Visualization Software
- What is Data Visualization?
- Why is it important to understand & respond to big data?
- Discuss the techniques in Data Visualization
- Why is data visualization important for businesses?
- What are the upcoming trends in Data Visualization?
- What is Data Visualization Software?
- Why should businesses invest in Data Visualization Software?
- What is the effect of a data-driven decision-making strategy in any business?
- What are the fields where Data Visualization software has proved to be successful?
- List of Data Visualization Software that are popular
- What are the features of Data Visualization Software?
- What are the advantages of Data Visualization software?
- What is the Average Price of Data Visualization Software?
- How to choose the correct Data Visualization Software for your Business?
- Why consider GoodFirms' list of top Data Visualization Software?
Buyer's Guide To Data Visualization Software
A data report is often too cumbersome to look at, let alone make calculative deductions for business progress and other purposes. We live in an era where perspective in data analysis and data representation are required to make a better sense of the available big data. Data Visualization is gaining more power these days.
This Buyer's guide has been created to empower prospective buyers of data visualization software on its strengths, features, and costs. Users may read through GoodFirms' dedicated Data visualization software page, coupled with the analysis provided in this guide, to make an informed decision before the purchase.
What is Data Visualization?
Data visualization techniques allow organizations and institutions to deconstruct complex data sets and reconstruct them in formats such as bar graphs, pie-charts, x-y graphs, plot points, and other preferred methods. Information visualization helps communicate and represent relationships between large and diverse data sets (From multiple sources) effectually, thereby aiding decision making keeping in mind prevalent business conditions.
Data visualization works after data is collected, processed, and manipulated as part of data analytics. It allows representation of patterns, trends, and other phenomena clearly. With the rise of big data, multiple fields ranging from marketing to tech all depend on data visualization tools to help make sense of what lies ahead of them in raw tabular format.
Why is it important to understand & respond to big data?
The future of computing depends on technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). These systems crunch through troves of data sets - known as Big Data - to arrive at decision points or analysis. This is important because, by its definition, Big Data contains "patterns, association, and trends that resemble human interactions and behavior."
Big Data's multiple properties need to be accurately broken down in a sensible form for human analysts to pinpoint unseen trends, subtle changes in behavior, or unmet demand. Such meaningful patterns will significantly help businesses make timely and accurate business decisions on their target groups.
With the volume at which technology firms collect and process information, it becomes paramount to take total advantage of data visualization to generate meaningful patterns that are easy to understand and can be acted upon quickly.
Discuss the techniques in Data Visualization
Data Visualization techniques are commonly used all over the world - from business powerhouses to educational institutions. These techniques guide us in analyzing quickly from the data and form a consensus.
Some commonly used visualization techniques are as follows -
Line Plot - One of the most straightforward techniques in visualization, plotting lines between two points, highlights the relationship between two variables. This dependence can be called the plot function.
Bar charts - This data representation technique comes handy while comparing quantities and or values of different variables. The bar charts can be arranged horizontally or vertically on a graph - depending on their groupings and their height, or length depicts the value.
Pie Charts - The visualized data format helps form perspectives while comparing individual data variables to the whole system. The variables in the pie-chart are compared relative to percentages they form out of the whole system, or even degrees composed out of the full circle.
Maps - We have all heard of heat maps and dot maps. These techniques help us position objects relative to a geographical formation, buildings, and other areas. Map representations are prevalent in sports, and in the armed forces as well.
Scatter Plots - This form of plotting visualization uses two-dimensional dot, square, or any form of marking, representing the relationship (or joint-variance) between two variables on a graph. When the measures of the variables are increased or decreased, a scatter plot is formed. It is a popular method to understand correlations between variables.
Word Clouds - Used in the analysis of big data composed generally of contextual text, this visualization tool extracts words, phrases, and even sentences, displaying them in varying sizes that are relative to their occurrence in the analyzed data sets. Larger font words repeatedly occur, whereas smaller font words are of less use.
Network Diagram - Used in the representation of data from unstructured data sets, network diagrams consist of nodes and links between these nodes with a value signifying their relationship.
Correlation Matrices - Correlation matrices represent relationships between two variables. Correlation matrices store coefficients, and they are used predominantly in big data visualization to aid quicker response times for analysis. These coefficients are summaries to large data sets, which is useful in far more advanced analytics.
Why is data visualization important for businesses?
Several studies indicate that humans can retain up to 85 percent of information when the input is in visual form. If we are to represent complex data analysis and represent information showcasing relationships, and trends, then visual representation is tantamount. Interpretation of relationships between thousands of variables is at its best when in a graphical format.
Businesses that rely on quick decision making to gain insights gleaned from data can invest in tools that help in data visualization. Data visualization promotes quick actionability on analysis, thereby reducing the time and minimizing resources.
The process of representing complex data and subsequently creating relationships between the sets more visually is called data visualization. Platform independent data visualization tools make it easy for employees to represent data on-the-go and share immediately.
Data visualization also helps businesses detect illicit activities and prevent fraud. Data visualization helps to scale up business outputs in sectors where improvements need to be made, e.g., sales upliftment. This also directly corresponds to employee efficiency as it can pinpoint areas where improvement is necessary.
Big data analysis, followed by visual representation, help unearth needs and demands in consumer behavior.
What are the upcoming trends in Data Visualization?
Some of the most important trends to follow in Data Visualization are as follows -
- AI integration - Several data visualization tools will have artificial intelligence systems embedded into them to help process data faster, and dynamically alter representations on quicker, efficient calculations.
- In-depth data visualization - Techniques in data visualization software helps in expanding totally into immersive formats that allow teams to create quick decision points and execute them without delay.
- Data Democratization - The idea that data is freely available to all, at least in the same organization, has been a myth up until this year. Further features are set to allow data access freely to every associated in an organization, to allow faster, competent decision making.
- Data Storytelling - An upcoming trend is the necessity to make sense of data points through stories - a history of events that led to a particular insight and how that affects the business - more than just mere analysis and charts.
- Data Cleansing - Cleaning of the outlier and unwanted data points so that the strictest adherence to structure and integrity can be maintained within data sets.
- Data Governance - Making sure information gathered from users is not misused
What is Data Visualization Software?
One of the most common software elements today in intra-departmental analytics, Data Visualization software converts textual, numeric, and multi-variety data into graphical representation forms that are easy to represent, understand, and analyze.
Typically integrated with underlying reporting software, the data visualization tools usually produce visualized (or graphical) data dashboards. Business professionals use these dashboards to arrive at timely and conclusive decisions after analyzing the represented data.
Data visualization software is usually easier to implement than previous forms of BI or statistical analysis software. By visualizing raw data appropriately, data visualization software adds an edge to business analytics.
Why should businesses invest in Data Visualization Software?
Businesses must invest in data visualization platforms for the following reasons -
- Dashboards - These contain data represented in graphical formats, of a user's choice, that are easy to understand and analyze.
- Consumer Insight - Top data visualization software helps businesses distill information on customer preferences and trends quickly, which ultimately plays a vital role in product launches, ad campaigns, etc.
- Forecasts - Top Data Visualisation tools can help analysts spot trends in business performances, which ultimately help predict the month/quarter/year-wise growth statistics - in terms of revenue, sales, and even investments.
- Fraud detection - Businesses must invest in advanced data visualization software because they help highlight transactions that may seem risky/fraudulent. The visual representation can help hone in on an illegal activity or transactions out of place, thereby protecting business interests.
- Productivity - Visualization software, such as Gantt charts, and histograms, can help identify resource productivity trends and highlight potential issues that may impede achieving maximum efficiency.
Relationship Analysis - Data visualization software frees up inherent distances between data objects from different variables or even sources. What data trends may seem unrelated at first, could possibly be brought to a common analytics thought-process by strong reasoning - all arising out of better data representation. This conclusion may then be applied to business processes that can be improved.
What is the effect of a data-driven decision-making strategy in any business?
Businesses ultimately run to keep profits churning, while at the same time providing means of livelihood to scores of employees who work under its umbrage. Hundreds of intra-organizational decisions are made daily to keep businesses innovative and profitable. The foundation of these decisions comes from the inherent data stored within the data structures and analyzed by competent software.
Data-backed decisions become easier to make with the right representation. Whether it is free Data visualization software or the best data visualization software, having data presented to a decision-maker helps clear almost 80 percent of doubts. It also helps companies point themselves in the direction of better, higher profits and organizational performance.
The effect of data-driven strategizing is thus well-informed and quicker decisions, timely implementation of actions, organizational improvement - resource efficiency improvement, and financial performance increment.
Businesses are better prepared at making decisions that will have powerful consequences in their future. They can forecast better, which leads to better market operability manoeuvres. In short, businesses become future proof to a large extent. They can expand and/or control spending, takeovers, and other business continuity decisions - all thanks to the better, crystallized representation of data.
What are the fields where Data Visualization software has proved to be successful?
From the local internet cafe to the most sophisticated business analytics divisions of Fortune 500 behemoths - data analysis visualization software has taken root and continues to grow in importance in several vital industries and revenue-generating streams.
Information Technology (IT) firms, and IT departments within companies, depend significantly on data analysis to locate problems in the system, scope of IT operations increase, and detection of unauthorized access points in the system.
Marketing departments use marketing analytics and data visualization tools to determine the budget of their advertising campaigns (online and offline), the strength of their messaging, as well as the types of mediums to engage with audiences on.
Big data usage in Financial institutions has helped reveal investor sentiments through the analysis and representation of data by visualization systems. Stock movements can be better visualized, and proactive actions can be implemented. Have you ever heard of insider trading or stock market fraud? Investment banking has made it tough for crooks to get away by implementing rigorous security checks, using data from visualized methods.
E-Commerce industry players need to make split-second decisions about products they need to stock up on before a sale. These decisions are usually made thanks to insights honed form data visualization software and concise representation of data.
Supply chain analytics and last-mile sourcing are essential for businesses to reach consumers with products, be it rural sections of societies or urban areas. Precise representation of these complex data is necessary to make critical decisions on ensuring delivery of goods to consumers who may be in desperate need of products.
The healthcare industry has also benefited massively from data visualization. Inherent analytics by software has yielded significant insights on patient lead times in the ICU, better surgical procedure methods, new techniques to handle trauma, mental fatigue, and psychosis. The list goes on. None of this would have been possible to understand without the depictions or formats thanks to advanced data visualization software.
The list goes on, but it is fair to say, visualization has impacted almost every major industry for the better.
List of Data Visualization Software that are popular
What are the features of Data Visualization Software?
Some of the most critical data visualization features are as follows -
- Application Integration - Free data visualization software must integrate seamlessly with data insight engines within organizations. An API to embed the data visualization tool must be available so users can easily create dashboards on the analytics software.
- Techniques - The best data visualization platforms always contain multiple formats for representing data and not just the tried and tested formats. Representing big data, and unstructured raw files require that tools can imagine and portray information in methods that may seem unconventional.
- Collaboration - Sharing and providing access to important visualized data from insights can speed up operation efficiency in multiple departments of the same organization.
- Data Management - The visualization tools must provide metadata management - the ability to house data without reducing its usability or perform analysis on them. Data must be safely stored to prevent unauthorized access, and security must be in place to prevent theft.
- Export Visualization - The visualizations must be capable of being converted into JPEG, SVG (Vector format), or PNG format for easy embedding in documents or reports.
- Data control tools - Dynamic data loading, functions to control deletion, editing, and updating of data, and other optimization controls are critical for users who need immediate analysis from raw data. These tools must be present in visualization software, and an absence will cause immense frustration among users.
- Reporting Features - The reports generated by the software must be interactive enough for users to draw an inference in a detailed fashion. The interactive reports help in attaining better insights and identifying minute trends.
- Data Mining - Visual reporting software must have minimal analysis functionality to derive insights from large data sets.
- AI Integration - To process several large data sets within applications, an inherent need to use smarter exploratory software has risen. The trends point to greater integration of AI toolkits into the system, which is now facing a spurt of added sources, providing even more complex data.
What are the advantages of Data Visualization software?
Some of the biggest advantages of top data visualization software are as follows -
- Quicker insights into data, which lead to quicker, productive actions for business
- Increased communication between departments on business process in a structure and detailed way
- Insights into emerging trends
- Easy sharing of data insights in graphical form
- Deeper interactions with data
- Customizable reporting dashboards based on the requirements of the user
- Productivity improvements by honing in on metrics that give a clear understanding of organizational dynamics
- Predictive analysis and forecasting made simpler thanks to graphical representations.
- No need to massively reconfigure systems. Visualization tools can be embedded to already existing analytics tools
- Heightened and far more accurate consumer analytics
What is the Average Price of Data Visualization Software?
Data visualization tools exist in different brackets within the open market.
RAWGraphs, Timeline JS, and Gephi are free and open source software that is currently used by thousands of professionals. GoodFirms' Top 9 Free and Open Source data visualization software has a list of other software in this bracket that may be useful for you.
Infogram is a good data visualization tool that offers a completely free version to users just beginning to use the software.
Top Data visualization software such as Microsoft Power BI charge enterprise users a yearly fee of close to $4559, with an exclusive suite of features. Vizual Survey, and Script Case bill users on an annual basis to avail of their plans, ranged between $816 and $399.
India-based company Zoho Corporation has set it's starting price for the base version of its software at $11.66, while Canva has it's lower version billed at $12.66 per month. Visitor Analytics charges just $5.80 for its base version.
How to choose the correct Data Visualization Software for your Business?
Top data visualization tools are a no-brainer to pick. However, there are certain factors you must consider at all costs before choosing the perfect data visualization system. They are as follows -
- Price - One must be careful not to exceed the budget earmarked for software. Add-ons, integration tools, associated costs, and software versions must be carefully considered before committing to a price.
- Customer Service - After-sales support is crucial when the software being used is complex, and users need experiential expertise in mitigating problems that may arise.
- Security - Since data visualization software handles sensitive information for an organization or multiple ones, ensuring the tools are capable of protecting information from unwarranted user access.
- Feature set - Because of the demand placed on data visualization software, it must have competent tools to simplify processes on the analysis as well as representation front. Thus, choosing a viable option which covers all feature bases is paramount.
- Software Category - Is your organization in favor of using open source data visualization software? The criteria to choose a kind of software must also be decided upon to ensure best-in-class purchases are made.
Why consider GoodFirms' list of top Data Visualization Software?
GoodFirms' curated list on Data Visualization software stands tall amongst other sources on the web. A resource of this quantity and quality will help prospective users focus their minds on the right software to fit their needs and necessities.
The Buyer's Guide presents vital information viz. the significant cost factors, characteristics, and advantages of data visualization tools. GoodFirms' ambition is also to help distill buyer interests in free and open source, freemium, or premium data visualization software.
Do read GoodFirms' thorough software directory, to glean information about multiple software types that should be fruitful for various businesses.