Best Reputation Management Software
Online reputation is precious to every business owner. A poor reputation can cause huge damage to your brand and your business. Fortunately, we have Reputation management tools that are designed to help you manage your online reputation without any professional assistance. If you are new to reputation management, then take a moment and run through the following list of best reputation management software listed exclusively by the experts at GoodFirms.The online reputation management software helps in aggregating and interpreting online reviews. By employing high-quality reputation management software, it becomes easier to monitor online review sites for new and existing negative reviews.
List of Online Reputation Management Software | Best Reputation Management Tools (93 Software)Filter
- Get business results you can measure.
Hootsuite is the world's most widely used social media marketing & management platform with over 16 million users worldwide. The social media management platform that lets you build smarter workflows, scales across your organization, and delivers demonstrable ROI. It is designed for organizations to execute social media strategies across multiple social media networks, including Facebook, Instagra... learn more about Hootsuite"Excellent Software!!!"Marissa Pick
- Making Earned Media Manageable
Cision empowers communicators to identify influencers, craft and distribute meaningful stories, and measure the impact. From engaging influencers and sharing news to comprehensive media and analytics, Cision provides an all-in-one solution to help you build awareness, earn publicity and measure results. Cision is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations a... learn more about Cision"Good for Large Markets"Melissa Kuehnle
- Turn customers into fanatics
Real-time customer insights that lead to action across the entire organization. Deliver breakthrough customer experiences with the most powerful, agile Experience Management Platform™ . ... learn more about Qualtrics CustomerXM"Overall, great software"Jeanette Høj Jensen
- Local Marketing Made Simple
The local marketing platform that puts you in control of SEO, business listings, and online reputation. Trusted by 1,000s of marketers. Built by local search experts. Our all-in-one SEO tool is used worldwide by agencies, SMBs, and multi-location businesses to make local marketing simple. Want to get ahead in local search? Don't waste time jumping between tools. With BrightLocal you can: - T... learn more about BrightLocalVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$29.00 per Month
- Claim your Local Listings on Google, Facebook, Yelp and 100+ Directories
TribeLocal is a comprehensive, all-in-one local SEO and citation platform designed to greatly extend the reach of your business via search engine optimization and analytics. ... learn more about TribeLocalVisit websiteFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$49.00 per Month
- All in One Social Media Management Tool
Mention is the leading social media management tool for branding, social listening and reputation management for companies and agencies. From social media to PR mentions to the most important conversations about their brand, competitors, and industry across the web. ... learn more about Mention
- Social media management platform for B2B enterprise
Oktopost is the only social media management platform architected for B2B enterprises. Using Oktopost, B2B marketers can easily publish content, engage with audiences at scale, and measure ROI-positive metrics.With a built-in employee advocacy platform, enterprise companies can empower their employees to amplify their social reach while positioning employees as thought leaders. ... learn more about Oktopost
- Social Media Lead Generation Toolkit for Businesses
Socioboard helps businesses and brands with a 360o social media lead generation, marketing, customer support and engagement automation platform.Businesses have changed drastically in last century. Everything has moved to digital world and lives of people have become digitally connected via Social Media. ... learn more about Socioboard
- The most comprehensive social media management tool
The all in one social media management tool for social listening, social customer service and content publishing.Plan and publish content to all your social media accounts from one straightforward interface. Whether they’re daily posts or entire campaigns: everything will be automatically published at your preferred times and channels. Leaves you time for other things. ... learn more about Coosto
- The end-to-end client experience software for growing small businesses.
Thryv gives small businesses a chance to increase their return on investment from the software they use to get found, bring in new customers, and earn repeat business. It manages time, communicates with clients, and get paid, so they can take control of their business and be more successful. Thryvs CRM gives you in-depth insights into customer data and detailed customer profiles that include conta... learn more about Thryv
- Get instant access to brand mentions across social, news, blogs, videos, forums, reviews and more.
Brand24 is an award-winning app that helps you track & engage people talking about your company. Brand24 provides a reliable, easy to use, and affordable solution that allows you to both track and engage online conversations relevant to your business. ... learn more about Brand24Visit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$49 per Month
- Every Mention, Counted
We dig every corner of the internet to find all the relevant mentions about anyone or anything. Discover and engage with your customers and the key influencers in your niche that will give you larger brand exposure & great insights about your target market, Get to know your customers' core interests and create products that will meet their exact needs and desires. BrandMentions tells you where to ... learn more about BrandMentionsVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$49 per Month
- We make online review management easy.
ReviewPush helps brands and businesses manage, monitor and optimize their customer's experience more efficiently by gathering feedback and assisting in the sharing of their online reputation to grow. ... learn more about ReviewPushVisit websiteFree Trial21 daysEntry Level Price$89 per Month
- Manage Reviews from One Place
Stay on top of what customers are saying, everywhere. Reputology helps businesses & enterprises monitor reviews & collect feedback so that they can improve. Engage unhappy customers quickly & track all the channels where customer feedback is happening: surveys, comment cards, Google My Business reviews, Facebook reviews, etc. And make meaningful, long-term improvements by uncovering the root cause... learn more about ReputologyVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$180 per Month
- Gather feedback and reviews to drive your business up
GatherUp is a customer experience and online review engine that enables insights, empowers marketing and converts customers. Gather customer feedback and reviews into one place to drive sales up for your business. ... learn more about GatherUpVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$75 per Month
- Reputation.com is the world's #1 ranked leader in online reputation management business services.
Reputation.com delivers the category-leading Online Reputation Management platform for large, multi-location enterprises. We help companies monitor and improve online ratings and reviews, improve customer experience, and drive traffic, visits and revenue. ... learn more about Reputation.com
- Improve your online reputation. Protect your online privacy.
BrandYourself helps you look great online when people Google your name with the first free DIY online reputation management tool & custom services. BrandYourself is a platform that helps you put your best foot forward online, including free Do-It-Yourself tools as well as custom services. ... learn more about BrandYourself
- A new kind of intelligence
Social media analytics software which provides consumer insights and market trends by analyzing conversations across multiple platforms. Drive a consumer-first culture by monitoring the customer journey and distributing insights directly to your organisation. ... learn more about Brandwatch
- Best Online Reputation & Review Management Software
ReviewInc is a leading provider of Business Reputation Management Services. ReviewInc's growing customer list includes major international chains, brand auto dealers, dental, medical, travel, leisure, property management, retail stores, restaurants, legal services, country clubs, and more. ReviewInc is committed to educating business owners on the power and importance of customer reviews and manag... learn more about ReviewInc
- We help you Build & Market your Reputation
We help businesses like yours collect more customer reviews where it matters the most, improve customer experience, generate new clients and more sales. Increase customer engagement with an inviting user experience. Give customers an opportunity to feel heard, learn which areas of your business you can improve and let prospects read about previous customer experiences. Convert prospects with revie... learn more about Reputation Marketing
- We Make You Look Good Online
We understand that an organization's good reputation is critical to its success and utilize the latest in online tools and technology to help you promote an accurate online reputation and social media presence, leading customers right to your doorstep. Reputation911 helps individuals and businesses turn their online image from a liability to an asset by removing the negatives and building on the p... learn more about Reputation 911Visit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$295 per Month
- Reputation Matters!
A reputation management platform that helps businesses monitor customer satisfaction, collect feedback and generate online reviews. The tool allows you to efficiently solicit feedback from you r customers via email, text message, in-store kiosk or even printable "review us" cards. The tool integrates with Every review site - and focuses on the sites that matter most to your business and in your in... learn more about Rize ReviewsVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Grow your business.
Demandforce helps businesses attract new customers and keep current customers coming back. Our all-in-one platform offers automated appointment reminders, reactivation campaigns for lost customers, online reputation management, and more. Shift into the digital age - simplify your customer communications with a platform that delivers the right message at the right time. ... learn more about Demandforce
- Start growing your business with BirdEye
Convert your website visitors into customers. Answer visitor questions and close more deals with webchat, designed for businesses of all sizes. Respond to website visitors right from your mobile phone. Personalize messages with your branding, configure your webchat profile, and create targeted messages. Be found, be chosen and be engaged with customers and prospects with BirdEye. ... learn more about Birdeye
- Use customer feedback to act today and predict tomorrow.
ReviewTrackers is the award-winning customer feedback software that helps businesses transform the customer experience. The platform collects review data from 150+ review sites to surface customer insights that enable brands to listen, comprehend and make data-driven decisions about what their customers truly need or want. ... learn more about ReviewTrackers
- Instant reviews to drive instant growth
Review Ninja integrates with social media accounts and makes communication between businesses and consumers hassle-free and effective. Take control of customer interactions with tools that increase brand trust and exposure on popular review sites. A simple, user-friendly dashboard provides real-time updates on listings, interactions, and rankings. ... learn more about Review Ninja
- Get chosen, every time.
Podium Webchat helps you connect with customers visiting your website in a whole new way. Stop making your customers stay at their computers to talk to your business. Webchat makes the conversation convenient by allowing the conversation to be text based. See how Podium is making it easier for your customers and how Webchat can work for your business. Podium is trusted by 180,000+ users. ... learn more about Podium
- CHATMETER DRIVES RESULTS
Chatmeter specializes in online reputation and review management for multi-location brands and agencies. The company helps businesses make a distinct impact in revenue by improving various areas of their online presence that determine if a customer will visit their store, or a competitors including online reviews, local business listings, SEO rankings and more. ... learn more about Chatmeter
- Take control of your reputation
Chekkit Review Management helps local businesses get hundreds of reviews on Google, Facebook, RateMDs, and many more. The Chekkit platform makes it easy to ask your customers for a review, track your reviews, respond to reviews and monitor your competitors. Request a free demo for your business. We are a small business, out to help other local small businesses. ... learn more about Chekkit
- Awesome Reputation Management Software
Customer reviews can make or break your online reputation. Unfortunately, the majority of customers that are motivated to leave reviews often end in a negative review. With the HOTH STARS Reputation Management Software, you can get more positive customer reviews on ANY site of your choice, and privately handle any unfavorable reviews! ... learn more about HOTH STARSVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$149 per Month
- Empowering Customer Experience for your Business
Customer Alliance is a 360 reputation management software tailored for the hospitality industry that facilitates the analysis and collection of reviews through a personalized automatic guest survey. It increases the visibility of hospitality businesses by embedding the reviews on their own website and by collecting reviews across all important hospitality search engines. The increased visibility t... learn more about Customer AllianceVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Transform customer satisfaction into web reputation
Smart questionnaires, marketing tools and Wi-Fi hotspots designed to ensure success on the web and offline for hotels, restaurants and companies. ... learn more about Qualitando
- Manage Online Reputation From One Place
Online reputation management and social marketing provides businesses with the information they need to monitor, manage, post, respond and control their reputation online from one easy-to-use dashboard.... learn more about SoffrontVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$100 per Month
- Improve Your Medical Practice & Physician Online Reputation
Reputation Health is the leading provider of healthcare reputation management services. Reputation Health provides reputation monitoring, repair and protection solutions for healthcare, medical practices and hospitals. ... learn more about Reputation Health
- ONLINE REPUTATION MANAGEMENT, SOCIAL MEDIA MONITORING AND ANALYSIS
Social and Web analytics with focus on reputation, influence, alerts, audience, dashboards, team work, reporting, API and white label. ... learn more about Rankur
- See Your Current On-Line Reputation
Customer reviews and ratings are available across more websites and in greater volume than ever before. They’re essential for a business to be ranked in search results, to connect with customers, and influence consumer decision-making. ... learn more about DoubleDome
- It’s Your Reputation—Take Control of It
RealPage Reputation Management is a local SEO and online reputation monitoring platform that makes it easy to oversee all your properties, assess your reputation risks and opportunities and take action. With Reputation Management, you can easily manage reviews, update property listings and engage on social media to help drive lease conversions and directly influence renewal rates. Or you can choos... learn more about RealPage
- Online Reputation Management Software
WebPunch is an online reputation company that focuses on brand health and public reviews. Using proprietary software, WebPunch identifies the strengths and weaknesses of a brand as seen by its customers. WebPunch then makes it easy for a brands advocates to spread the good word by way of online customer reviews. Our team of reputation gurus interacts with our clients reviews by thoughtful, interac... learn more about WebPunch
- Amazing Reputation Management Software
Customer reviews can be a make it or break it moment for your online reputation. Unfortunately, a majority of customers that leave a review leave it in a negative way. You can get more positive reviews, with the Get’Em Reviews Reputation Management Software, for any site of your choice. Also, you can privately handle any negative reviews. ... learn more about Get'Em ReviewsVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$97 per Month
- The ART of information
An online & social media monitoring tool that tracks mentions of relevant keywords across 100 million sources, in real-time and in any language. Features include advanced Boolean search, powerful filtering options, engagement and sentiment data, competitive analysis, influencer dashboard, brand reports, custom alerts and digests, an unlimited number of users, keywords, and reports, and a mobile ap... learn more about MediatoolkitVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Control Your Online Reputation
Opiniion is an online reputation management software company dedicated to helping companies grow their business through review innovation. After working several years with small businesses and owning their own businesses, our founders saw a need for a better way to automate and optimize the process of getting reviews. With a focus on simplicity, our software is designed to gather customer feedback... learn more about Opiniion
- Advanced review management services with human touch
88% of consumers research and trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation. One bad review online can make and break your business perception. There is no business which can satisfy every customer so you are always at risk of getting bad reviews online. We as a company can remove negative reviews, increase star ratings and grades, and mitigate negative customer feedback so that your o... learn more about Secure Online ReputationVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$99 per Month
- Get More 5-Star Reviews and Triple Your Sales!
MyReviewEngine.com is the #1 Review Management Software to triple your 5 Star Reviews and boost your sales. The intent gauging mechanism in the tool prevents negative reviews before they hit the internet.... learn more about MyReviewEngineVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$99 per Month
- One place for everything online reputation management.
White-label reputation management software for your clients and multi-location brands. We pioneered online reputation management software for agencies. Since 2008, we’ve helped 2+ million businesses manage billions of customer reviews, mentions, and online listings. ... learn more about VendastaVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$42 per Month
- Getting Pozative Reviews Has Never Been Easier
Online reputation is everything. Pozative gives you the power to generate positive reviews online faster so you can grow your business and rank higher on search engines. We filter out the unhappy customers so their negative reviews are sent directly to your email where you can follow up privately, not posted online! ... learn more about Pozative
- Online reputation management should be easy.
Stop jumping from one online review site to the next. Easily manage your online reviews on over 20 popular online rating and review websites. Save time and the hassle involved with managing your online reviews across the internet. Get all the tools you need to build a great online reputation all in one software tool. Send solicitations via email and text messages to increase your online reviews. ... learn more about RepCheckup
- Attract and retain your customers
Broadly's automated review platform helps local businesses generate great customer reviews on the most important platforms including Google, Facebook, TripAdvisor, NextDoor & many more. Our platform helps SMBs win reviews, get more business, and communicate directly with your customers via app or desktop. Online reviews are the single largest driver of how a consumer selects a new service so we're... learn more about Broadly
- Everything You Need to Generate, Monitor, and Market Your Customer Reviews
The best reputation and review management software for SEOs, digital marketing agencies, enterprises and brands. Convert happy customers into reviewers with our fully white-labeled platform. Get more reviews on the sites important to your business. ... learn more about Grade.usVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$180 per Month
- Introduction to the buyer’s guide for reputation management software:
- What is brand reputation?
- Key terminology associated with brand reputation:
- Why is brand reputation a must-have intangible asset for businesses?
- What are the factors that affect your brand reputation?
- How to build a positive brand reputation to increase your brand equity?
- What is Reputation Management Software?
- How does a reputation management system work?
- What are the different types of reputation management software?
- What are the benefits of reputation management software?
- How should businesses plan their reputation crisis management strategy with the help of a reputation management software?
- Who can use brand reputation software?
- What are the features of reputation management software?
- How to choose the best reputation monitoring system for your brand?
- What is the average cost of buying a reputation management software?
- Why refer to GoodFirms’ list of Reputation Management Software?
Introduction to the buyer’s guide for reputation management software:
The enormous traction of consumers on social media, online portals, and review sites is both- an extreme opportunity for increasing customer base and an ever-lurking threat to brands' reputation. Customers not only look for social proof and visibility of a business on review sites and search engines but also raise their concerns with brands. It is, therefore, crucial for brands to promote positive and desirable content and curtail negative and maligning content to maintain their brand reputation.
However, with multiple online channels, several review sites, and amidst millions of reviews posted every day, it is not possible to track everything that customers are posting about their brand. This is where a reputation management software can help brands to keep their credibility intact by tracking the web for their brand-related mentions.
Amidst lucrative vendor offers, and equally appealing marketing tactics from multiple software vendors, businesses who want to deploy a reputation management software find it difficult to identify and evaluate the best solutions. Therefore, this buyer's guide intends to assist brands and seekers of the reputation management software in making a prudent buying decision by detailing the value, features, key aspects, average pricing, and important factors of the reputation management software solutions.
What is brand reputation?
Brand reputation is your brand's relative strength compared to your peers in terms of positive customer sentiment. Positive reviews, admiring online mentions, laudatory client testimonials, and frequent press coverage are indicators of a strong brand reputation. In contrast, frequent customer complaints, negative online reviews, negative or no media coverage, constant scrutiny, and reminders from stakeholders indicate a poor brand reputation.
Key terminology associated with brand reputation:
Brand equity is the measure of a brand's valuation as perceived by the marketplace, customers, clients, and potential buyers. Brand equity is an intangible asset for a company and is an invaluable part of its market capitalization.
Some of the factors that decide your brand equity are:
- How well is your brand recognized in the marketplace?
- How many customers are aware of your brand’s existence?
- What is your unique selling proposition?
- What is your perceived quality in comparison to other brands?
Brand recognition means when you are a household name among your target audience. For example, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Nestle, Johnson & Johnson, McDonald's, Starbucks, etc. are well-known names. However, your brand can be successful even if the general public does not recognize you, but you are a familiar name with your target audience. For example, Hubspot may not be an easily recognizable brand for the public, but in the world of software-based inbound marketing, everyone knows it.
Brand Reputation management
Brand reputation management is a comprehensive process of managing, controlling, and protecting your brand's reputation by continuous brand monitoring, resolving customer complaints, and safeguarding your brand's image from slandering attacks. Brand reputation is the most vulnerable entity for any company, and what took it years to accomplish can be destroyed overnight. Therefore, it requires various strategies, advanced risk sensing capabilities, proactive preparations, and technological assistance to protect your brand's identity and public image.
Online reputation management
Online Reputation management means controlling and managing your brand image on online platforms, social media, online news portals, trusted customer review websites, etc. Online reviews on websites such as Amazon, Yelp, Trustpilot, and even Google and Facebook reviews allow consumers to share and discover their experiences with brands. By gaining positive reviews and mentions on online venues, your brand can gain more traction, popularity, customers, and revenue.
Offline reputation management
Offline Reputation management means controlling and managing your brand image on offline venues such as TV, press, radio, magazines, word of mouth, etc. Positive offline reputation is generally built by customers who have used your products and services and were satisfied with the outcomes. Businesses offer discounts, memberships, reward points, freebies, and consistent free customer service to build a strong offline brand reputation.
Spinning the right Public Relations Strategy requires brands to communicate with the internal (employees) and external stakeholders (customers, suppliers, distributors). Communication and training programs for staff, social media interface for clients, and customers, grievance redressal forum for suppliers, distributors, and a professionally qualified public relations strategist combine together to form the PR strategy.
You must have heard of various motivational corporate stories presenting the corporates in a positive light. Storytelling techniques are often used to subconsciously influence the audience and give a message about the integrity, fair practice, distinctiveness, and authenticity of the said business. This perception building strategy is known as Impression management. Impression management strategy often relies on marketing the brand as a 'virtuous entity' that cares about the customers, employees, and the environment.
Online Identity management
Online identity management is the process of building a brand's strong web presence. It uses SEO tactics, social media marketing, blogging, etc., to create an online presence that is easily noticeable by the target customer group.
It also goes by the name of social media monitoring, social media intelligence, buzz analysis, or online analytics. Social listening refers to the understanding of online social media conversations and mentions by the customers about a brand. This data is used by brands to improve their products and services and to enrich customer experience. Social listening acts as a SWOT analysis for the brands.
Sentiment analysis is a method of finding the polar-positive or negative, happy or sad, interested or not interested, satisfied, or unsatisfied. Brands monitor available sentiment lexicons to infer the overall sentiment of the customers. For example- the customer says- this push up stand cannot take my weight and is jittery’ it means that the customer is not satisfied and is apprehensive of its ability to take the weight
Smear Campaigns are brand image damaging campaigns run as a part of a propagandist strategy to malign someone's reputation. Rumors, fake news, false claims, slanders, etc. are used to create a negative impression for any brand, organization, or individual. Sometimes competitors resort to smear campaigns to tarnish the reputation of their opponents. 7
Repair brand reputation
Repair brand reputation implies regaining a lost brand image. Repairing a damaged brand reputation requires a sound social media strategy, marketing plan, corrective measures, PR and communications professionals, and influencers. It also takes a huge amount and effort to build back your lost reputation.
Streisand effect refers to the situation in which an attempt to hide a piece of secret information leads to the information getting spread faster. The effect takes its name after Lady Streisand whose efforts to hide her property pictures led to more people downloading it.
Why is brand reputation a must-have intangible asset for businesses?
Brand Reputation is everything for businesses. It is the protective gear that saves companies in bad times. The faith that people put in a brand's logo increases employee morale in testing times and keeps the brand motivated to perform better. It's a delicate entity, and brands need to be extra careful when it comes to brand reputation. Brand reputation is a must-have intangible asset because:
- It increases brand recognition, and therefore, a brand has to spend less on future advertising.
- It makes buyers comfortable, and they feel inclined to spend more money on legitimate and reputable brand products.
- It increases the company's stock value, and it becomes easy for the brand to raise liquidity whenever required.
- It generates more revenue by adding new customers due to word of mouth referrals. People love to refer to a reputed brand to their friends and family.
- It makes it easy for the brand to go global when it is well-respected in its domestic market. It increases the chance of getting regulatory approvals.
- It lessens the chances of smear campaigns, rumors and slanders getting successful against the brand. It mitigates the impact of negative publicity and negative reviews.
What are the factors that affect your brand reputation?
Management’s conduct and statements:
Media, customers, and stakeholders closely monitor the statements made by the higher management and speeches of CEOs and directors. Any contentious statement can ruin the brand image. Gerald Ratner's infamous speech in which he jokingly termed his own jewelry brand's products as 'total crap' and 'cheaper than a sandwich' cost him the closure of 2500 jewelry stores and a loss of more than £500 million. The 'Ratner moment,' a popular term in the corporate world, teaches us the value of a reputation for a successful brand.
Brand’s position on environmental and social issues
With growing consumer sentiment in favor of environment protection, green products, and social issues, brands that portray themselves as environmentally friendly and socially responsible build a strong brand image. For instance, Mike Jefferies, the former CEO of the iconic American clothing brand Abercrombie and Fitch, made a statement that their brand only wants thin and beautiful people to come to the store. It drew a lot of flak from the public for fat-shaming (a prevalent social issue), and he had to apologize. The brand image was negatively impacted.
Brands take on health safety:
People take their health seriously. No compromise can be made when it comes to their health. Netflix faced a backlash when it said sleep is their biggest competitor, and Uber faced government wrath in Singapore for its ad campaign that urged people to take uber rather than walking for 10 mins so that people could afford to sleep ten more minutes in the bed. The government found the ad against their health promotive culture.
There are some related brands, people's communities, brand ambassadors, influential social media celebrities, opinion leaders, bloggers, and activists who can influence your brand image based on how they see your brand. If these influencers positively review your brand, then your reputation increases significantly. You can use reputation software such as BuzzStream to find influencers in your field.
Your brand is perceived as strong when you have a global presence. Your ability to do business in a multinational and multicultural environment itself signifies that you have a robust business model and a strong brand presence. It conveys the stability and ability of your business and strengthens your brand reputation.
Do you want your customers to use words such as 'utterly disappointed,' 'shocked,' 'worst,' 'don't buy,' 'poor quality,' etc. for your brand on review sites or your review page? No one wants that. You won't like to buy anything from a brand whose review page is full of these words from disgruntled customers. Customer reviews can damage your reputation and cause you a great loss of business. Even if one customer decides not to buy your product because he/she has seen a negative review, it will cost you dearly when considering the lifetime value of a customer.
In an age when consumers can reach a competitor in a click, CX is the key differentiator. (Gartner). Your reputation can increase or decrease based on the type of customer experience you provide. If you don't use technology with millennials and Generation Z customers, they will probably avoid you. Use of VR, AR, Beacon technology, AI, Machine learning, and predictive analytics to enhance your customer's experience can increase your brand reputation.
How to build a positive brand reputation to increase your brand equity?
- Interact and engage with brand influencers and try to accommodate their suggestions.
- Respond to all reviews. Never shy yourself from responding. Reply to all comments-negative, positive, biased, paid, tarnishing, and even to fake ones.
- Use online alert tools, reputation management software, and technology to continuously monitor social media and review sites.
- Foster, recognize, and reward a positive base of loyal customers who can defend you from negative storms.
- Remain professional on all platforms, respect cultures, and don't make controversial statements that can cause embarrassment and wrath.
- Provide the best products and services and deliver on all fronts. According to recent research by Gartner Marketing Research team: 50% of consumers stop doing business with a brand that fails to deliver on its promises.
- Don't make false claims and be transparent about pricing.
- Monitor price gouging by third-party sellers. Price Gouging of a brand on an unmonitored platform can negatively impact a brand. For example, due to the COVID 19 situation, some third-party sellers unscrupulously sold products of prominent brands on online platforms with over 500% price gouging. Generally, such practices are damaging to the parent brand.
- When a whistleblower suddenly exposes prevalent malpractice, employee fraud, hazardous processes, etc. In such cases, it is the brand's responsibility to protect the whistleblower and take immediate action. Your brand can manage crises if you work with the whistleblower to solve the issue rather than acting against him or her.
What is Reputation Management Software?
Reputation Management Software is a set of application tools that help brands to manage their online and offline reputation. The software has features to track, generate, and respond to reviews and comments about brands on multiple venues. The reputation management software sends customers email alerts and SMS, requesting them to review their experience with your brand. With the help of reputation management system brands can keep track of their social and online reputation.
How does a reputation management system work?
- The online reputation management software boosts and restores brand reputation by delivering on all fronts of brand building.
- It secures all your social media accounts and monitors the digital space to keep a tab on how your brand is covered by the press and how people perceive your brand.
- It builds a customer database based on the mentions. Anyone who mentions your brand is added to the list.
- Sends reminders to customers who have not posted a review. It also sends a reminder to people who have posted a review to share it on other social platforms of strategic importance.
- A reputation software also works as an SEO and digital marketing tool either in a standalone form or in integration with a third-party SEO software to increase traffic, web presence, and online popularity of your brand.
- It reaches out to target customers and aggregates reviews from multiple sites in one place: showcases and features positive reviews on the home page of the brand's website.
- It analyzes key brand reputation metrics such as sentiment score, location-wise trends, reputation score, industry ranking, social media ranking compared to peers, etc.
What are the different types of reputation management software?
Based on Focus
- The review focussed: These reputation management tools focus on monitoring reviews and sending alerts whenever a review is posted on any social media sites or review platform. Some tools also work to acquire more reviews from customers.
- Campaign focussed: These are specially designed to increase the winning possibility of political, business, marketing, or individual branding campaigns.
- Crisis focusses: These reputation rebuilders are focussed on rebuilding a tarnished reputation by removing negative content from webpages and adding more positive content to limit the damage caused by negative mentions.
- Privacy focussed: Some business people, reputed families, and prominent individuals want social media, bloggers, press, or any other platforms to stay away from their personal space. Privacy focussed reputation management tools remove all such content and mention it from search engines.
- Reputation scorers: These tools only allow brands, websites, and businesses to determine their reputation score and compare it with their peers.
Based on Type of Deployment
- Web-based or online: Third-party online reputation management software providers offer web-based online reputation management solutions that can be accessed from anywhere with internet accessibility. These don't require any hardware installations.
- Cloud-based: The cloud-based reputation management software is hosted through a third-party cloud service provider, and data is stored in cloud servers for high-speed and massive storage capabilities.
- Open source: Open source reputation management software comes with a free source code that can be modified according to the organization’s needs.
What are the benefits of reputation management software?
- It helps in resolving customer issues quickly by identifying the pain points from the review analysis.
- Equip brands with necessary context and knowledge to address negative reviews
- Increases brand trust and reputation as the brand can proactively solve customer complaints.
- Aids brands in growing online presence, positive sentiments, and credibility.
- Helps brands in customer service and grievance redressal.
- It gives brands the ability to learn from customer feedback, influencer criticism, and client complaints. Some valid points from those complaints can be utilized to make subsequent improvements.
- A strong brand reputation requires robust measures for customer data protection, privacy, and cybersecurity. Reputation management software helps brands achieve it.
How should businesses plan their reputation crisis management strategy with the help of a reputation management software?
Most of the reputational crises occur when masses of customers or employees join together to tarnish a brand’s image. Brands should know the power of those hashtag campaigns that can create massive negativity for their brand. In the latest research, Forrester emphasizes the importance of proactively dealing with the collective bargaining power of customers or even employees who would come together to criticize your brand on social platforms.
Reputation management software has features to detect any such mass negativity buildup before it becomes a reality. Brands can thus take proactive measures to stop such things from happening.
Competitors may pay to post false and fake reviews as a predatory campaign against your brand to ruin your reputation. False reviews potentially hurt your brand reputation and provide useless information to other customers. You can also use a mechanism created by reputation management software in integration with AI and NLP to find out fake and inauthentic reviews.
Who can use brand reputation software?
Corporate: Small, medium and large scale businesses
A strong reputation can project businesses, whether large or small, as thought leaders in their field and build a strong customer base. The corporate world and all sizes of organizations can use brand reputation software to monitor their brand image and build customer relationships.
Political branding has gained unique importance in recent years, and today social media plays a crucial role in deciding the fate of political campaigns. Political parties can use the online reputation tool to monitor public sentiment and to thwart any smear campaign running against them by vicious circles.
Reputation management firms
Reputation management agencies are responsible for the makeover and protection of the brand image of their clients. They have to monitor and remove negative comments, false blogging, wrong facts, and image tarnishing web pages and posts related to their clients. A reputation management software for agencies can be of immense help to them.
Celebrities, high-profile individuals, and all brands have the PR department to take care of their online and offline reputation. A reputation management tool can make the work of a PR department easy with its automated review emails, alerts, social media listening functions, etc.
Individuals: Actors, Sportspersons, Influencers, Speakers, Professionals
It takes years of hard work, patience, and consistent efforts to make yourself a brand in any field. One single reputation crisis incident can cause bans and #saynoto to their movies; sports events type online campaigns. Actors, sportspersons, speakers, etc. are more vulnerable to slandering attacks, and therefore they need to deploy a reliable reputation management system to proactively manage their public image.
Ecommerce and online businesses
Ecommerce and online businesses don't have a face that people can trust before buying. People, therefore, trust the reviews of other buyers that bought from the same ecommerce seller. Negative reviews, fake reviews, auto-generated reviews from the same IP address, etc. can give a hard time to ecommerce store owners. A reputation management system can bring legitimacy to reviews by getting rid of reviews that have no merit or truth in it.
NGOs are easy targets for slanderers that may spread rumors about NGO misusing the charity funds or diverting funds for personal benefits of its management. One such negative comment can refrain to other people from donating to that organization. NGOs can deploy a reputation software to proactively track any such attempt. Reputation software can send requests to the search engines to remove any unsubstantiated comment against the organization.
Many unsolicited messages do round on social media and even in the form of personal emails and messages claiming to be Government organizations to defraud people. Such incidents tarnish the image of the government agency whose name is misused to commit fraudulent activities. A reputation tracker software that tracks keywords and organization's name on social media can help government bodies catch any such activity on time and issue a statement or warning to people to beware of such fraud.
Digital Marketing Firms
Digital marketing agencies are responsible for the sound and healthy digital presence of their clients. They can use reputation marketing software to improve search results, online reputation repair, and marketing.
What are the features of reputation management software?
Business Reputation report:
It provides reports/scores about your current reputation, listings, reviews, ratings, and brand ranking compared to peers and competitors.
Real-time alerts for reviews and mentions:
The reputation management tool sends real-time notifications whenever your brand gets an online review on Google, Facebook, or other social media platforms. It also sends alerts whenever your brand name is mentioned online.
Reputation management software also keeps track of how your competitors are doing on social media and online platforms.
Reports in various formats can be availed using this software (PDF, email, Excel Sheet, etc.)
It monitors location-wise reviews and customer sentiments. Brands can work on particular areas more where they are lagging behind in terms of reputation score.
Track trends of how your reputation is increasing over time. Compare the trends month-wise, year-wise, lifetime, etc.
Reputation management software can send your customer list emails and notifications to review your brand or a recent experience with your brand. Reviews are valuable business drivers for future business deals. Automated review request modules can help your brand in garnering more reviews.
Most of the brand reputation management systems come with an inbuilt sentiment analysis tool that measures customer sentiments based on their conversations and text sentences on various platforms. AI and NLP (Neuro-Linguistic programming) integrated with reputation software, provides an efficient way to gauge consumer sentiments.
Earlier customers used to write texts only for raising their grievances. Nowadays, they upload GIFs, Memes, Images (such as defective products, closed stores, conversation chats with the customer representatives, etc.) Reputation management software can integrate with AI image recognition technology to help brands monitor criticism transposed onto images.
CRM and POS integrations:
Most online reputation management tools integrate with the CRM and POS system to fetch the list of existing customers. The list is used for brand messages, review requests, and monitoring the social media accounts of those customers to see what they are speaking about the brand.
- Single Dashboard: Monitor your reviews from multiple sites at a single place
- Multi-language monitoring
- Custom design features to give a unique look to your brand's messaging
- Highlight positive reviews on your website and partner channels
How to choose the best reputation monitoring system for your brand?
Buyers should consider the following factors about the reputation management software before making an actual purchase:
- Can reputation management software integrate with other technologies such as AI, machine learning, NLP, etc.?
- How secure is the data vaults of the software, and does it have the required storage capacity?
- Is the software user-friendly, sophisticated, and easy to navigate?
- How many important review sites and social networks it currently monitors?
- Is the system scalable to accommodate more than the mentioned review websites on request?
- Is the reputation monitoring solution accessible on all devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones?
- Are any hidden costs, installation, and training charges?
- Can it work smoothly with low bandwidth internet connectivity?
- Whether below functionalities available?
- Multiple languages,
- 24/7 customer support
- Free software upgrades
- Free training
- Free trial or Free demo
What is the average cost of buying a reputation management software?
Reputation management platforms offer a number of niche products to help brands and individuals seeking to keep their brand image intact and improve further:
The costs of the best reputation management software depend on a large number of factors such as:
- A number of websites, locations, and brands to be monitored
- Features it offers
- Type of installation required: Cloud-based, Web-based, on-premise software, or open-source.
- The type of automation it offers
- The number of review sites can monitor
- The number of devices it can work upon simultaneously.
- Quality of service and user support offered
- Privacy and the data encryption it provides
- User interface and experience
These variations can significantly alter the pricing estimations of the reputation software.
The enterprise version of BrandMentions will cost you around $299 a month (suitable for agencies and companies looking to monitor several brands), the plan for businesses and professionals will cost $79 a month, small businesses looking for a reputation monitoring software can opt for its $49 a month plan.
Online reputation management solutions such as Brand24 will cost $199 for its professional plan, and $49 a month for the personal plan. You can try both BrandMentions and Brand24 for free for 14 days. Reputation911 starts at $295 a month for businesses and individuals. HothStar comes for $149 a month for its retail license plan and $399 a month for agencies.
Hootsuite and Rankur offer free versions of reputation management software with limited feature plans. For other online reputation management software or more free online reputation management software such as Reputation.com, BrandYourself, Qualtrics Customer XM, Brandwatch, and many others, you need to contact the vendor for detailed pricing. Get the updated list and complete information from the GoodFirms reputation management software page.
Why refer to GoodFirms’ list of Reputation Management Software?
GoodFirms is one of the finest frontline IT market research companies providing buying assistance to B2B IT service seekers. GoodFirms relies on meticulous research and astounding analysis of the IT products and services to provide the buyers with the best available knowledge of thousands of IT services and products. GoodFirms offers a behemoth listing of more than 9000 software products and services and a collection of more than 15000 reviews from verified users. GoodFirms analysis, combined with the unbiased and genuine reviews, can provide an extraordinary glance into the usage, brand reliability, features, capabilities, merits, pricing, and many more aspects of the listed software products and services.
The readers of this buyer's guide for reputation management software are advised to navigate the list of thoroughly researched market-leading reputation management software solutions that provide immense features and best services to manage their reputation. You can also read reputation management software reviews here.