Top Mobile App Development Companies in India
Looking for the top mobile app development company in India (Android, iPhone & iPad)? Here is the list of the best Indian app developers with reviews by GoodFirms. App users today prefer highly personalized mobile apps that are phenomenally functional and aesthetically pleasing. But in an over-crowded app industry in India, it’s highly challenging for an aspiring app entrepreneur to find an ideal app company that provides user-centric mobile app development services. To help service seekers in their search, GoodFirms has curated a list of leading Indian mobile app development companies that provide cutting-edge Android & iPhone app development services. The research includes best agencies from major Indian cities like Bengaluru, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Delhi, Noida and Jaipur. So, go ahead and pick a mobile application development company from the below listed top mobile app firms for your next mobile app project.
- How Is App Development Different From App Designing?
- Which Are the Various Phases of Mobile App Development?
- What Are the Benefits of Outsourcing to Mobile App Development Company in India?
- What Are the Challenges of Hiring Indian Mobile App Development Companies?
- How Much Does It Cost to Outsource Mobile App Solutions to India?
- What is Mobile App Marketing?
- What is App Store Optimization?
- GoodFirms Research Process
More and more people use smartphones in today’s world. This gives businesses an ideal opportunity to take their business to the clients. GoodFirms’ mobile app usage report highlighted that average smartphone users have over 50 apps installed. Having a mobile app for business helps brands to reach out to a greater number of prospects as well as in building an effective relationship with them to ensure loyalty towards the product. Moreover, mobile apps also aid businesses in determining the behavior of their clientele and plan marketing strategies to target the right audience base, boosting revenue.
App development tackles the functionalities of the app. App development deals with creating, testing and programming. It covers issues from the type of features that need to be included to the type of devices compatible.
Whereas, app designing focuses more on the aesthetics of the application. Mobile app designers are liable for the overall appearance of the app, including things like the color palette, font preference, the types of buttons and widgets, etc.
App development includes the following steps:
1. Discovery: This phase determines the viability of the project. At this stage, the decision-makers scrutinize the target market while examining similar apps to conclude what innovations should be offered to attract the target group.
2. Technology: This stage focuses on the technicalities of the product, such as whether the product should be marketed as a Native app, mobile web app, or a hybrid app. Furthermore, the desired app platform and other technical details are decided in this stage.
3. Design: This determines the “look and feels” of mobile app development. The main focus is on curating a distinctive design that enhances the user experience and offers a practical user interface. The business owners explore the visual directions that they wish to adapt and prepare blueprints involved in the process.
4. Performance and Security: This step calculates the effectiveness of the final product. Businesses can measure these parameters by assessing the behavior of the app within restricted circumstances such as low battery mode, less storage availability, no-network zone, etc. Moreover, app developers offer preventive measures against various data breaches and security lags.
5. Testing: Before the deployment of the app, the app goes through vigorous testing measures to ensure the delivery of an error-free mobile app solution. Certain companies release a beta version for users to test the functionalities of the app. This way, the developers can locate previously missed bugs and rectify them to enhance the efficiency of the application. Some of the most common testing types are QC testing, Unit testing, User Acceptance Testing, etc.
India is a major player in the mobile app development industry. The Indian mobile app development companies offer experienced and skilled human resources in a budgeted option alluring more clients, from all over the world, towards them. Let us discuss the benefits of teaming up with the best Indian app development company in detail.
1. Low Price:
App development companies in India offer mobile app development services at an extremely reduced rate. The primary reason for this is the favorable currency conversion rate. The value of the Indian Rupees is lower in comparison to the currencies of the developed countries. The salary slab is less than that of the developed nations such as the USA and the UK, making it easier to hire cheap app developers in India.
2. Access to Expertise:
Outsourcing app development to India provides businesses access to talented and well-experienced app developers in India. The huge availability of top-class mobile app developers in India gives the client company the freedom to scrutinize and select the app developers that fit the best for the project. Some of the best Indian app developers not only possess in-depth app development knowledge but also display marketing capabilities, making them the ideal service provider.
3. Speedy Delivery:
Every business would wish that they receive the final product within the pre-decided timeline. While hiring mobile app developers in India, businesses get an additional benefit that the app developers can work in shifts. The app developers thus, leverage the time zone difference for the timely deployment of the app. These Indian mobile app developers are capable of working according to their clients’ time-zone as well as ready to put in additional hours as per the Indian time zone to expedite the delivery of the product.
4. Maintenance and Support:
Another benefit offered by the top app development companies in India is that they offer dedicated support to the app 24*7. The Indian mobile app developers ensure that the deployed mobile apps work efficiently by frequently testing the working of the product. They execute the right UX/UI layout while keeping the requirements of the business in mind. Moreover, due to the time difference, they can assuredly manage any glitch or errors in the system even at unusual periods.
5. Encouraging Government Policies:
Outsourcing to an app development company in India is encouraged by a pro-IT government that offers supportive policies. These policies benefit the companies investing or subcontracting to the top mobile app development companies in India. The Indian government additionally grants 100% foreign equity and supports IT infrastructure expansion in all major cities.
In addition to the above-mentioned benefits, if you are planning to deploy an app dedicatedly in the Indian market, developers can design apps in multiple local Indian languages and not just English.
Before investing in a mobile app development company in India, businesses must analyze potential risks that could delay the deployment or entirely shut down the project. Check out the most common hurdles faced by the companies and their probable solutions.
1. Time Zone Difference:
A survey on key challenges faced when outsourcing to India by GoodFirms deduced that over 30% of the participants found the time difference to be the most crucial problem. With reference to the North American geographies, there is a time difference of almost 12 hours. It can cause a communication gap between the associates. Besides, companies may need to pay more to encourage Indian app developers to work on awkward shifts.
Solution: Before finalizing the deal ensure that the partnered Indian app development companies have a team mirroring the shift patterns of your working hours. In addition, also come to terms about any additional allowances or payment requirements for the workers synchronizing with your schedule to avoid future clashes.
2. Cultural Differences:
The working style of Indian mobile app development companies and that of their western counterparts is considered as a major issue. The corporate culture and regional culture of the client company and the service provider can cause difficulties in delivering the product. For instance, app development companies in India tend to be hierarchical whereas western countries generally have a flat business structure. This requires communicating with multiple representatives to process a single task.
Solution: The client companies must know how to not only overcome but also benefit from these differences. To avoid delay in product deployment, they may need to assign personnel, who can maintain a precise communication flow with the different point-of-contact at each level.
3. Language Barrier:
The inability to properly communicate your requirements can lead to a delay in the delivery. These miscommunications can also cause severe complications resulting in the complete shutdown of the project. Whereas the majority of the western countries interact in English, while for app development companies in India, the primary language may vary based on the location. Moreover, even the difference in the dialects could cause miscommunication.
Solution: It is always advised to avoid country-specific idioms or jargon that could raise confusion. Ensure that the mobile app development in India comprehends your specifications by having them illustrate their knowledge. Moreover, hire project managers who are fluent in English as well as the local languages so that they can effectively communicate your requirements to even the non-English app developers.
4. Finding the Right Partner:
The process of selecting the best app developers in India is as crucial for the success of the mobile app as any other technical or financial factor. Any mistake in picking the right offshore partner can further the concerns instead of easing the burden. Understanding the processes and methodologies adopted by the team of a mobile app development company in India defines the success of the outsource relation.
Solution: Check out the previous experiences of the shortlisted app development agencies in India. It is advisable to hire app developers in India with expertise in similar projects to the one you plan to outsource. Apart from solid references, you may also explore the reviews and rating alloted by past clients on autonomous sites such as GoodFirms to confirm the authenticity of the Indian apps created by the service provider.
While developing a mobile application, businesses need to consider various factors before they can estimate the final cost. Some of these factors are the size of the app, the security measures installed, the app complexity, as well as the additional features, plugins, and integrations supported by the application. However, a very crucial characteristic in determining the cost of mobile app development is the platform on which the app is to be designed. GoodFirms’ research team conducted a mobile app development cost and time survey, which emphasizes on the following:
- iPhone app development in India can cost somewhere between $20 to $30.
- Whereas, Android app development in India amounts up to around $15 to $25.
- The cost of developing an app on the Hybrid platform, however, is similar to an iOS app, viz. $20 to $30
Certain mobile app development companies may offer mobile app marketing and app optimization services at an additional charge or recommend an external partner altogether. However, businesses must clarify this before signing the deal.
Mobile app marketing describes the marketing maneuvers adopted to promote your mobile app and boost the app downloads. It can be achieved either by promotional activities via third-party applications or by implementing direct marketing and advertising tactics.
App marketing is mainly distinguished between pre-launch marketing and post-launch marketing. Pre-Launch marketing aims to create a buzz amongst prospects in order to gain pre-orders, subscriptions, etc. attracting buyers early on. Post-Launch marketing strives to continue building customer loyalty as well as further the sales of the app.
The following are the most profitable app marketing strategies employed by the top mobile app marketing companies to boost the sales of the application:
Pre-Launch Marketing Tactics:
1. Research Target Industry:
To effectively market your app, it is essential to analyze the intended market as well as the audience. Focus on the demographics, psychographics, habits, lifestyle of your expected clientele and create an app that appeals to the right crowd.
2. Study Competitors:
It helps to know what your competitors are doing in order to accomplish something different from them. Do not imitate as it will be seen as deception. Try to remain relevant yet original.
3. Effective Landing Page:
Having a well-designed landing page helps in reducing the bounce rate substantially. A landing page offers clients a clear course of action boosting the conversion rate. Moreover, a landing page, when linked to a specific campaign, generates valuable data and insight allowing businesses to refine their operation strategies.
Post-Launch Marketing Tactics:
1. Promotional Activities:
After the launch of the app, most companies cease the majority, if not all, advertising strategies. However, this is the worst thing they do, as, without proper promotions, users will forget about the product. You may either design a limited period discount offer or use search ads to drive downloads.
2. Social Media Share:
Another strategy that should be adopted to catch the attention of potential users is to create a buzz on various social media platforms. Engage with users, resolve their queries, and overall create an “approachable” image online so that you can build a genuine relationship with your customers. Apart from posting informative yet fun content including videos, blogs, and photos, consider investing in paid social media ads.
3. User Reviews:
Positive ratings and recommendations will encourage new users to opt for your product. You may reach out to the app users to leave a rating and review on the app store page. You must also introduce a push notification, requesting frequent users to offer valuable insights on the working of the app.
For the success of the app, it is vital that it is highly visible on App Stores. The best ways to optimize your app on app stores are:
- Right Name - The given name of the app must be unique yet easily discoverable. You may also include relevant keywords within the name of your app.
- Description - Include a description of the app detailing its workings, key features, and functionalities as well as highlight the solutions offered by the app. Do not forget to optimize the keywords as per the app store guidelines.
- Unique Icon - The icon of your app must be eye-catching; intriguing the potential clients to check out your app. Pay attention to the preset standards determined by the app stores.
- Localization - The best way to attract prospects towards your product is to develop the brand’s communication and language to match the targeted customer segments.
- KPIs - To analyze the success of the app, businesses must regularly monitor mobile app KPIs. Some of the vital key performance indicators are the number of downloads, daily and monthly active users, session duration, retention rate, churn rate, etc.
- Representations - Although an indirect factor, it is advisable to include multiple screenshots and videos of the actual app, in order to drive downloads. Exhibit the core features, functions, latest updates, etc. of the app.
With the joint efforts from the mobile app development company, the app marketing team, and the app optimization experts, businesses can reap the best outcomes.
While outsourcing Indian apps solutions to an app development company in India, company proprietors must analyze various criteria. GoodFirms’ main goal is to help the service seekers in this crusade by manifesting the above list of the top mobile app development companies in India.
These app development agencies in India have bagged the position after the GoodFirms’ team of researchers evaluated them based on the exclusive analysis method. This procedure examines numerous qualitative as well as quantitative determinants. These Indian app development companies are ranked on the basis of their app development and app designing experiences and expertise. In addition, GoodFirms acknowledges their input in the industry and the number of years they have dedicated to delivering the ideal Indian apps services. The experts also count the recommendations and reviews offered by the past clients to determine the top app development companies in India.
We believe in covering every aspect of performance in our report to discover and put forth the best app developers in India for our clients to choose from. The above-listed mobile app development companies in India yield persistent, appealing, and sturdy app development solutions to patrons across the globe. The best Indian app developers possess the technical skills to design cutting-edge applications fulfilling the requirements of their clients.
GoodFirms further invites new as well as established mobile app development company in India to participate in future analysis processes by submitting attestations of their performance and get listed in our 'Research' division.