Knowledge Management Software
Are you looking for the best Knowledge management software? GoodFirms is here to support your approach with its highly researched 100+ list of top Knowledge management systems. Knowledge management tools listed here enable organizations or individuals to create, capture, maintain and share intellectual assets effectively. Take complete advantage of this handpicked list of best knowledge management software (KM software) that includes detailed information along with the original user reviews. Use the filters for business size, pricing model, features, deployment type, and more to choose the perfect knowledge management system.
Below is Best Knowledge Management System Lists (99 Software)
- The Knowledge Base Software that scales with your Product
Document360 is No #1 Knowledge base software for a software project and product documentation. With Document360, you can create rich documentation and knowledge base for your offerings (both internal and external) with ease. Document360 provides world-class authoring experience and can be customized to meet needs from small to large scale enterprises. With easy to configure capabilities, you can m... learn more about Document360"Huge Upgrade, Document360 is a Hidden Gem."Clara DiazVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$49 per Month
- All in one customer support software | knowledge base software.
UseResponse is a help desk software that includes functions like omni-channel support desk, smart automation, sales automation, task management and issue tracking. It provides real-time analytics to improve team performance. It also enables a user to personalize workflow. Companies from start-ups to large enterprise companies use this support software to improve their support processes and improve... learn more about UseResponse"Great Exeperience"Wowdesk IncVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$49 per Month
- Your company. United. Free. Unlimited. Online.
Bitrix24 is the leading free online CRM software used by over 8 million companies worldwide. It is available in cloud or on-premise with open source code access. Unlimited leads, deals, contacts, companies, quotes, invoices and appointment scheduling. The free plan also comes with email marketing and telephony. Advanced versions have sales and marketing automation, bulk SMS, campaign management an... learn more about Bitrix24""Hisham Balatiah, Founder at EIC - Engineers International Community
- Accomplish more together.
Atlassian Confluence is a tool that allows you to align your team and workplace to share valuable information that you will find useful in your business. Confluence is a tool that allows your business to create, organize and discuss the work that needs to be done with your team. Create, share, and discuss important work with coworkers using Confluence. ... learn more about Confluence"Very good"Victoria Naichuk, Digital MArekting Specialist at RomexsoftVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$5 per Month
- Best in Class Knowledge Management Software
Bloomfire is an easy-to-use knowledge management system that organizes information and expertise to break down silos and make companies more efficient. Our knowledge management software is used by thousands of employees at leading companies for social learning, customer service, and sales & marketing alignment. With Bloomfire, collaboration is easier, work gets done more efficiently, and employees... learn more about Bloomfire"A Perfect Content Manager & Media Repository"Sarma Kalamchety
- The Enterprise-Grade Knowledge Management Platform
MindTouch is a leading provider of enterprise-grade, AI-powered knowledge management software solutions in customer self-service and agent assistance. Customer-first from the very beginning. Learn how MindTouch grew to become a leading knowledge management platform.... learn more about MindTouch"Go directly to HTML with an intuitive yet powerful authoring tool"George Eckel
- Cloud-based knowledge management software
Stonly has reimagined how people share knowledge management. Stonly is a new medium for help and how-to content; solving the universal need for businesses, publishers, teachers - everyone, really - to teach audiences and users more effectively. Stonly empowers content creators to make interactive, step-by-step guides that can be embedded anywhere.... learn more about Stonly"Game changer"JohnVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$49 per Month
- Launch your custom social network
Increase user engagement, drive retention, and boost member lifetime value. Create a stand-alone social network or integrate into your product/site. Enable your users to connect and discuss under your brand. Users can follow, ask questions, start discussions, upvote, comment and share content. Enjoy ready-to-use widgets to add social components to any part of your application. Anything that you ca... learn more about Tribe"A great platform to engage plentiful users and partners and make them stay"Werner Jorgensen , Marketing & Sales expert at Tooleto
- Open Source Document Management System
OpenDocMan is a free, web-based, open source document management system (DMS) written in PHP designed to comply with ISO 17025 and OIE standard for document management. It features web based access, fine grained control of access to files, and automated install and upgrades. ... learn more about OpenDocMan
- Document Management System
OpenKM is an Enterprise Content Management Software, often referred to as Document Management Systems (DMS). There's a lot of literature about document management terms like DMS, EDRMS or CMS usually more influenced by marketing rules rather than objective reasons. ... learn more about OpenKM
- Create online FAQs, user manuals, documentation & more.
ProProfs helps companies become more productive by centralizing access to all files, documents and how-to articles across multiple devices and platforms. With easy and faster access to useful information and other customer service-related data, organizations will see a huge impact on the performance of their sales, customer service, and support teams.... learn more about ProProfs Knowledge Base"A Searchable Knowledge Base With Awesome Reporting Features"Brayn Wills, Knowledge Management Manager at ProProfs
- Help your team grow and thrive together.
Tettra is a knowledge management system for high-performance teams. It is the simplest and most delightful way to write about any process or project happening in your team. Chat is great for quick, casual communication, but detailed write-ups and threaded discussions are how real works gets done. Long-form communication is crucial to coordinating and setting a vision for high impact projects.... learn more about Tettra
- Empower your revenue teams with the knowledge they need.
Guru unifies your collective knowledge, verifies its accuracy, and empowers your revenue teams - Marketing, Sales, Support, and Success. Using AI, Guru suggests relevant knowledge to you in real-time in every application you work in. The more you use Guru, the smarter it gets.... learn more about GuruVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$380 per Month
- A smart knowledge base for better self-service and empowered agents.
Zendesk Guide is a smart knowledge base that helps tap into that institutional knowledge and puts it to work. With Guide, you can quickly build a customizable help center, online community, and customer service portal so customers get better self-service and agents see improved efficiency and faster resolution. And since it’s the only knowledge base native to Zendesk, it integrates seamlessly wi... learn more about Zendesk Guide
- Knowledge Base Made Simple!
KBPublisher is Knowledge Management Software. It reduces the need for customer support, improves staff productivity, and eliminates time wasted searching for information.... learn more about KBPublisherVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial21 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Knowledge Base Software
PHPKB is the most popular knowledge base software that keeps information organized, accessible, and easy to manage for internal teams and external customers. Use PHPKB knowledge management software to set up a knowledge base and share information, documents, files, FAQs, how-to guides, and training material with staff & customers in a highly organized way.... learn more about PHPKBVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$39.95 per Month
- A knowledge base smart enough to build itself.
This knowledge management software puts the right answers at your fingertips. Give customers and service staff intelligent and accurate answers without needing to author a knowledge base from scratch.... learn more about Astute Knowledge
- Your knowledge operations center
Documize is the Knowledge Ops team you never had,collecting and organizing content day and night.Centralize internal and external documentation,and grow your searchable corporate brain.Document all your projects, products and services to make know-how available as you grow and scale. ... learn more about Documize
- Connect, engage and reward your workforce through social and collaborative features
eXo Platform is an open-source digital workplace for growing teams and enterprises. Flexible and feature-rich, eXo Platform covers a wide variety of features from knowledge, document and content management to social engagement and project/task collaboration integrated within one holistic solution. With eXo Platform, companies can connect, engage and reward their employees, customers, and partner... learn more about eXoVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$5.00 per Month
- phpMyFAQ is a mobile-friendly, feature-rich, scalable open source FAQ software for PHP 7
phpMyFAQ is a mobile-friendly, multilingual, scalable, completely database-driven FAQ software and offers the following features - from single FAQ sites up to enterprise ready integrations.You can administrate your users, groups, news, categories, FAQ records, attachments, comments, glossary items, stop words in the password protected administration backend. ... learn more about phpMyFAQ
- Kwok Information Server
Kwok Information Server is an open source IT management system. Kwok Information Server, utilizing open source software such as Java, Tomcat and PostgreSQL, provides a centralized system for managing/tracking hardware inventory, software licenses, issues, service contracts, and vendor contacts. Additional modules include knowledge base, portal, RSS, blogs. ... learn more about Kwoksys
- helps you have more fun with knowledge creation
Piggydb is a flexible and scalable knowledge building platform that supports a heuristic or bottom-up approach to discover new concepts or ideas based on your input. You can begin with using it as a flexible outliner, diary or notebook, and as your database grows, Piggydb helps you to shape or elaborate your own knowledge.... learn more about Piggydb
- Powerful information management system.
It allows entry of unstructured text, webpages, images, documents, emails and even arbitrary files without regard to length or format. All information is compressed with an integrated zip utility and stored in the tree-structured outline form. Unlike traditional database systems, myBase accepts text input like a word processor and provides better methods for capturing, editing, organizing, retriev... learn more about myBase
- Online tools to run your company from project & customer relationship management to finance tracking
Flowlu is all-in-one business collaboration platform that contains all essential tools for efficient project, task, finance and customer management. Developing new tools and functions, we focus on real business needs and consider user feedback to create an effective collaboration platform. All-in-one business operating platform that contains all essential tools for project, task, finance and custo... learn more about FlowluVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$29 per Month
- Delivering an Exceptional Customer Experience
Talisma Corporation Pvt. Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Campus Management Corporation, is the leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software solutions provider. Talisma enables organizations to globally deliver an exceptional customer experience throughout the customer lifecycle. Talisma CRM is leading Customer Relationship Management Software made for Enterprises. Businesses can trac... learn more about Talisma CRM
- Shine light on the value of your research with illumin
illumin is the perfect tool for knowledge and research management as it collects, records, quantifies and précis’s queries and answers provided to staff and clients. The knowledge base becomes a comprehensive, audited database of relevant information that can be easily shared.... learn more about illumin
- Best Platform to Gain Control Over Your Daily Operations
All-in-One connected platform laying the foundations to a successful digital transition promoting better knowledge management, more robust process inspection & operation control, as well as accelerated communication & problem-solving. In addition to offering unparalleled visibility on all human operations, Tervene enables structured communications and enhanced operational management.... learn more about Tervene
- Knowledge management software
Knowmax is a knowledge management software for enterprises with huge customer subscribers. Features like decision trees, visual guides, knowledge base, and bot knowledge empower support agents of the contact centers in delivering better customer experience.... learn more about KnowmaxVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- More than CRM and Helpdesk
Stop losing customers due to long response times. Sugester helps you collect and sort through incoming messages, assign team members to deal with each question and monitor their resolution. Providing stellar customer support has never been so simple.... learn more about SugesterVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$9 per Month
- Strengthening the intelligent customer experience
CallidusCloud’s leading incentive compensation management, sales performance, and connected lead-to-cash solutions are now part of SAP Sales Cloud. The acquisition of CallidusCloud completes SAP’s vision of moving beyond legacy CRM to embrace intelligent customer experience solutions that inspire and empower sales professionals to follow leads to cash, increase compensation, and achieve career... learn more about CallidusCloud
- Enhanced productivity for your team
With Altiar, users can connect quickly with the information they need, enabling organizations to improve performance and competitiveness. By providing targeted tools to help users discover content, Altiar Enterprise offers a powerful way to promote and share knowledge within an organization. No matter how your data is structured, Altiar Enterprise unlocks its true potential by transforming it into... learn more about AltiarVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$1.50 per Month
- Change your business or organisation for the better right now!
Malcolm! is a set of easy to use tools that lets your users service, interact & engage with you online. Our FAQ Knowledge Base lets your users find their own answers via natural language search or browse. Complete look and feel control. Fully responsive. Use your own domain. Collect user feedback. Extensive publishing and approval options. Turn tasks and procedures into Workflows. Easily create fo... learn more about Malcolm!VISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$37.50 per Month
- Your Intelligent Workplace
Beezy is the Intelligent Workplace solution for Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint. By extending the Microsoft productivity stack, we unify the digital workplace and empower users to communicate, share and collaborate better, whether on-premises, in the cloud or in hybrid environments. Large customers such as Monster, ZF, Hilti and many more can now benefit from the full functionality of their i... learn more about Beezy
- ALL YOU NEED IS ONE
Combine technology and support, simplify how employees collaborate and communicate. Built with the latest Microsoft 365 capabilities and connected with long-term support from experts, OneWindow Workplace rapidly moves employees to the cloud and retains their engagement. OneWindow takes your standard Office 365 deployment and makes it specific to your industry and organization while removing the co... learn more about OneWindow WorkplaceVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$1200 per Month
- Transforming how professionals get work done
iManage Work is the leading document and email management application for professionals. Over 1 million people use iManage to manage content and communications side-by-side in secured unified workspaces, from a single, intuitive user experience. iManage Work integrates with applications including Office 365, MS Outlook, Gmail and Adobe. Smart features such as personalized search, document timeline... learn more about iManage Work
- Create and run an internal company blog.
Share internal news and knowledge, improve team communication, and boost company culture. Share news and spread knowledge: Keep everyone up-to-date in real-time by sharing internal news, announcements, ideas, project updates, meeting notes, and company's knowledge. BlogIn enables you to group relevant information into a single post while allowing instant feedback from your team. Create a more ... learn more about BlogInVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$39 per Month
- Create plans, request and assign staff to specific tasks, and track
ServiceNow Resource Management helps project and resource managers create plans, request staffing for projects, and assign people to specific tasks. ... learn more about ServiceNow
- Free Knowledge Base Software
Bringing clarity to work. Helping teams stay in tune across time and space.For questions, email [email protected] your internal knowledge base to speed up employee onboarding, remove silos and reduce interruptions. Bring all of your team's knowledge in one, single, tool. Whether it's documentation from every department, or company-wide information, Slite is your single source of truth.... learn more about SliteVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$6 per Month
- Make a Knowledge Base / Support Center - for free!
Generate a beautiful help site with FAQs in minutes. For free.HelpSite is easy-to-use hosted knowledge base software for creating an awesome support & FAQ site for your business. Get started for free!... learn more about HelpSiteVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$14 per Month
- Empower your Business and Customers with a Knowledge Base System for Today
Support Hero will provide an immediate ROI for your business. Whether you are enhancing your website or decreasing customer inquiries, Support Hero will give you an elegant and easy to manage Knowledge Base. One that embeds seamlessly into your website and business processes. ... learn more about SupportHeroVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$49 per Month
- Automotive Knowledge Management Software
Auros is an active knowledge management system, used to capture and power technical-engineering knowledge for future innovation and efficiency.Auros Knowledge Systems is the developer and leader in providing Knowledge Aware software and services. We have become the go-to enterprise solution for active knowledge, which has proven valuable in multiple disciplines, including: manufacturing engineerin... learn more about Auros
- Knowledge Base Software
Achieve better training results in less time for your employees and customers. Cloud-based knowledge base and training.ScreenSteps Knowledge Base Software is your One-Stop-Shop for finding answers. Create a knowledge base that is easy and comfortable to use for employees & customers. From Keyword Search to a Built-In Hierarchy, this will provide users with a simple and effective knowledge base... learn more about ScreenStepsVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$1800 per Year
- Work Instruction Software
SwipeGuide is on a mission to save the world from useless instructions and deliver the most intuitive way to standardize work in the manufacturing industry. Our work instruction software empowers your teams to maximize their operational efficiency and minimize production errors with instructions and standards - backed by research into how people really learn.... learn more about Swipeguide
- With Camline, less is more: Less effort, more information.
Cornerstone data analysis software allows efficient work to design experiments and explore data, analyze dependencies, and find answers you can act upon, immediately, interactively, and without any programming. Cornerstone combines powerful state-of-the-art data analysis techniques with a highly intuitive user interface. It is specially designed for the level of typical engineering tasks. Work wit... learn more about Cornerstone
- Knowledge Management System - Wiki + Q&A + Workflow + AI
AllAnswered is an all-in-one knowledge management system powered by artificial intelligence. Optimized for both tacit and explicit knowledge with its built-in workflow and life-cycle management, AllAnswered helps teams collectively manage and grow their knowledge base over time. Knowledge is your team's No. 1 asset, but managing it effectively is super challenging. ... learn more about AllAnsweredVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$5 per Month
- Better Knowledge Management
GoMoxie's digital guidance platform improves the #CX and increases conversion rates for faster company growth. Create certainty and empower customers.Bring your online business into the era of the Guided Economy with goMoxie’s digital guidance platform. The advanced suite of customer assistance tools anticipates what your users need and guides them through the online journey with useful snippets... learn more about goMoxie
- Knowledge Base Software
Hey we're HelpDocs. We make software so you can help your customers help themselves.On the surface you might think we're another knowledge base product. And yes, it's true we do make knowledge base software. But we've also grown to create a company of people who love what they work on.... learn more about HelpDocsVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$39 per Month
- Cloud-Based Knowledge Management Solutions
TallyFox Tallium award winning SaaS knowledge Management Platform.We pioneer the application of AI tools and contextual computing for knowledge sharing.Tally sticks are an ancient way of recording numbers, quantities and agreements. They catalogue valuable data as evidence, to be shared in an intelligent way. ... learn more about Tallium
- Knowledge Management Platform
Helppier is the easiest way to create user guides and in-app messages for the web. Improve the way you communicate and assist online users today.Helppier is now a fully-integrated UX tool that not only provides beautifully-designed tutorials, but also other engaging features for websites and web applications. Always keeping its initial simplicity.... learn more about HelppierVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$49 per Month
- Introduction To Buyer’s Guide For Knowledge Management Software
- What Are The Major Elements Of Knowledge Management?
- What Is Knowledge Management Software?
- What Is The Use Of Knowledge Management Software?
- What Are The Types Of Knowledge Management System?
- How Can Knowledge Management Software Boost Your Business?
- What Are The Scopes Of The Knowledge Management System For Small Businesses?
- What Is The Difference Between Knowledge Management Software Vs. Information Management Software?
- What Are The Benefits Of Knowledge Management Software?
- Key Features Of Knowledge Management Software
- Latest Trends In Knowledge Management Software
- Factors To Consider Before Buying Knowledge Management Software
- What Is The Average Cost Of Knowledge Management Software?
- Why Refer To GoodFirms' List Of Knowledge Management Software?
Introduction To Buyer’s Guide For Knowledge Management Software
Knowledge Management is an integrated approach adopted by organizations to store and share enterprise data in a way that helps to improve its performance, internal communication, and customer support. Besides that, Knowledge Management is crucial for decision-makers aiming for organizational performance. It helps them to address a few challenges that include;
- Responding to a competitor's move
- Retaining customers
- Planning for new offerings
- Enhancing productivity
- Managing business processes efficiently
- Improving customer satisfaction
Above all, a systematic approach to knowledge management facilitates decision-making capacity at every level, builds routine learning, and creates space for innovation.
By delivering relevant information through structured data,a knowledge management system can provide the basis for making good decisions.
This buyer guide is intended to help business owners to get a complete overview of Knowledge Management Software. The guide is packed with key aspects and tips to make an informed decision on the best Knowledge Management Software.
What Are The Major Elements Of Knowledge Management?
Knowledge Management has four major components. It is imperative that these four components are well regarded when setting up a KM program.
1) People: It involves senior leaders and stakeholders who possess the domain knowledge and strategy for KM implementation. Most organizations build up a knowledge management core team as they gear up with KM efforts. They identify KM champions and facilitators across the business and establish an executive committee to monitor knowledge management activities. It involves many people as the organization has to engage people at different levels and from different business areas.
2) Practice: It defines the process that the KM team can use to create, capture, store, organize, and distribute information. The knowledge management team identifies the underlying bottlenecks and tries to resolve them. They also determine how knowledge flows through organizations.
3) Content and Technology: Content is an essential part of the Knowledge Management System, and it contains pieces of facts and data that people convert into valuable insights and apply as knowledge. But without technology, sharing knowledge is not possible. So technology weighs as equal as content in the knowledge management system.
4) Policy: A well-planned strategy is essential to define how KM will solve the business challenges; factors like tools, approach, and budget.
What Is Knowledge Management Software?
Knowledge Management Tools helps in identifying, gathering, storing, evaluating, and sharing all of the valuable data that organizations generate in day-to-day operations. It is a multifaceted strategy for making the best use of organizational knowledge assets. The knowledge management solutions ensure that the information is available in the right place at the right time to improve the efficiency of an organization. It deals with how a company should and could make the best use of its existing knowledge. The knowledge management software ranges from personal knowledge management software to highly specialized enterprise software.
What Is The Use Of Knowledge Management Software?
There are two forms of knowledge- explicit and implicit. Explicit knowledge is found in records, books, knowledge repositories, consumer contacts, technical requirements, patents, etc. In contrast, implicit knowledge includes individual perception, experience, thought process, etc. For organizational growth, both types of knowledge are necessary. However, the data produced by businesses are so diverse and dispersed across various channels that it is difficult for an organization to manually collect those unstructured data and synchronize them to make it meaningful. In such a scenario, Knowledge Management Software could be very productive.
Basically, businesses can make use of a Knowledge management system to enhance collaboration, improve customer satisfaction, and efficiently align processes.
When it comes to keeping your customers happy, then a knowledge management tool can be of great use as it enables the team to deal with the customers with the right information, at the right level, and with the right approach. Eventually, your customers are happy.
What Are The Types Of Knowledge Management System?
- Enterprise knowledge management solution: Enterprise-wide knowledge management systems use a wide range of technologies for storing unstructured and structured documents, searching for information, locating employee expertise, disseminating knowledge, and using data from enterprise applications and other key corporate systems.
- Knowledge worker systems: Knowledge work system enables the creation and storage of the activities or knowledge of highly skilled professionals. These knowledge are often gathered from internal communication devices, portals, tools which contribute towards better management of enterprise knowledge.
- Smart techniques: Often, technologies like deep learning, machine learning, and big data techniques are used to convert raw data into useful information.
Several organizations use the Knowledge Management System in a diverse way; some of the common strategies include FAQ content, forum or community feature, how-to articles and tutorials, training programs, webinars, etc.
How Can Knowledge Management Software Boost Your Business?
- Centralized Knowledge Management System: Knowledge Management Software provides centralized access to all the information or data, which makes it easy for an administrator to deliver the right information to the right person just in time.
- Builds brand goodwill: With better customer service, top knowledge management software enhances the company’s brand value.
- Minimizes miscommunication: Organizations that incorporate the right knowledge management system tools facilitate effective communication over company policies, job functions, business processes, etc. Overall, software knowledge management reduces the risks of costly mistakes that occur due to miscommunication.
- Reduce boarding and training time: A well managed centralized knowledge management system containing all the necessary data has a big advantage in hiring and training employees. It makes the knowledge transfer process easy whenever a skilled or experienced professional is leaving the organization.
What Are The Scopes Of The Knowledge Management System For Small Businesses?
- Better customer relationship: For any business size, customer relationship is at the core of their business propaganda. Knowledge Management solutions enhance a better relationship with customers by facilitating better communication and exchanging relevant information.
- Meeting organization’s growing needs: Later or sooner, the small businesses tend to expand their business operations; in such circumstances, a Knowledge Management Tool could be an advantage to acquire, combine, apply, and create knowledge. Adopting top knowledge management software early makes it easier to scale the company.
- Enhance decision power: Generally, in smaller firms, the owner-managers are in the central position, and decision making is limited to only one person. But as business proliferates, the business responsibilities are shared, and decision-makers may grow in numbers. In such a situation, it is essential that small firms have valuable data on hand right through the beginning for making an informed decision.
- Establish community: The small businesses require peer inputs and suggestions for the organization’s growth. With the Knowledge Management System tools, small businesses can build community and bring many knowledge holders in the same place.
What Is The Difference Between Knowledge Management Software Vs. Information Management Software?
Information Management and Knowledge Management differ in scope and purpose, but both are essential for modern organizations. The information management process is used to classify and categorize the data, whereas knowledge management is used to make data discoverable and retrievable while ensuring security and regulatory compliance.
- Information Management Software: The information management software is primarily concerned with people managing information sources, that is, auditing them, acquiring and storing them for easy retrieval and dissemination of information. The information management software is used by the organization to access a huge amount of data and to plan the business strategy.
- Knowledge Management Software: Knowledge management is a processed form of information management and goes beyond extracting facts from collected data. It focuses on the application of information. Knowledge Management involves people in capturing, creating, sharing, and using knowledge in an organization. The best knowledge base platform streamlines the sharing of data internally as well as externally.
What Are The Benefits Of Knowledge Management Software?
- Reduce wait time: The knowledge management solution reduces the wait time for customers with robust customer support. The customers can reach the knowledge base and search for the answer by themselves.
- Convert conversation into knowledge-base: A detailed email about the company’s product or operations can be converted into a knowledge base article. The best knowledge base platform with advanced features can generate an article draft automatically from email.
- Keep information up to date: A knowledge management tool helps to optimize the content with new information. With a rating system in place, the customers can notify website owners about the article that needs to get revised or replaced.
- Easy knowledge transfer: A skilled professional can bring a lot of value to the organization, but when they leave the organization, they create a knowledge gap, which can be filled by establishing an internal knowledge management system. The knowledge management system tools can facilitate knowledge transfer and present all the information in an easy to understand format.
- Robust reporting on documentation: A full reporting on documentation can help to measure the number of people visiting the website content. The best knowledge base software allows website owners to identify the area for improvement and set their priorities.
- Better consumer experience: The knowledge management platform supports a range of media files like text, videos, or images. It gives website visitors the freedom to choose their preferred way to learn or discover the offerings from the company.
- Manage permission and access control: A knowledge management system allows users to update user roles and permission all from one place.
Key Features Of Knowledge Management Software
Before finalizing on the tool, match the features that a knowledge management software can offer with your business or website requirements.
- Powerful search functionality
- Font editing
- Integration with other tools
- Hyperlinks and links titles
- Manage team members
- Permission-based user access
- Assign roles and designations
- Fully customizable
- Advanced analytics and reporting functionality
- Analyze and enhance customer support team performance
- Supports cloud for the management of multiple documents
- Mobile friendly
- Classifying information based on Taxonomy
Latest Trends In Knowledge Management Software
- Incorporating social media elements: By including social media elements with top knowledge management software, the businesses can widen the scope of knowledge sharing and brand awareness.
- Mobile devices: Just as social media, mobile devices have been playing a significant role in unifying the people across the globe and allowing access to the knowledge bank on-demand. The best knowledge base software developers are now focusing more on integrating mobile features into the Knowledge Management Solution.
- Rise of pragmatic AI: Pragmatic AI has powered chatbots to analyze and answer user’s queries. Currently, AI handles low complexity tasks and basic customer support, but programmers are hopeful of getting better results through “Pragmatic AI.”
- Collaboration tools: To derive better insights from data and establish a concrete communication channel, collaboration tools can play a significant role. With the continuous flow of new information into an organization, it is challenging to capture everything; this is where collaboration tools can be useful. The collaboration tool can help to refine the performance of the best knowledge base platform.
- Building a culture of continuous learning: Along with high-end technology, businesses are also focusing on harnessing a culture of continuous learning through the transition of knowledge base software.
- Attractive visuals: In the past, the traditional knowledge management system was filled with elaborate file names, dense body text, and long lists. The modern trend in Knowledge Management is more focused on simple layouts and relevant images.
- AI-powered search: With traditional KMS, it isn't easy to fetch particular information inside the images, documents, and audio files. But with intelligent AI-powered search, it would be possible to search content even from the most challenging files. It may even allow users to search the content through various filters like dates, document types, and sources.
Factors To Consider Before Buying Knowledge Management Software
- Cost: A price tag is often a point of concern for businesses implementing software in their infrastructure. While selecting a knowledge management solution, make sure to evaluate the price plan against the listed features.
- Ability to add new content: The best knowledge base software should handle large amounts of data and add new content whenever needed.
- Feedback and Q&A section: A right knowledge management system should engage customers or visitors through Q&A session or Feedback section.
- Data security and compliance: Verify if the KM software vendor has enabled all the necessary safety measures and compliances.
- AI Support: AI has improved the knowledge management platform’s efficiency in handling customer support. It can interpret spoken commands, direct the questions to the right person, or even answer the customer’s common queries.
- Data consistency: The knowledge management platform should clearly define the method of data entry and duplication rules to maintain consistent data throughout the organization.
- SEO-friendly: It is surprising, but many customers find companies through help center content. If the help center content is optimised for the search engine, then it becomes easy for customers to discover your business. Some knowledge management systems come with in-built SEO features like keyword tagging, title formatting, and metadata editing.
- Omnichannel compatibility: The best knowledge management software allows distributing the content across all the channels preferred by customers. It helps to increase the customer base by exposing the knowledge base to maximum numbers.
- Customized Workflow: The idea behind knowledge management is to share knowledge across various departments for effective collaboration and decision making. The knowledge management software should allow users to segment the large volume of data into meaningful content that is easy to share and adds value to the organization.
- Third-party software integration: A third party software tool can enhance the knowledge management tool capabilities; KMS must support third-party software integration.
- Cloud support: If the organization does not have an IT team to handle all updates, backup, and maintenance, then it is better to switch to a cloud-based knowledge management tool.
What Is The Average Cost Of Knowledge Management Software?
The price for Knowledge Management Tools are very flexible, and it could start as low as $1/month and rise upto $800/month or more. The knowledge management software pricing may vary based on the number of users, features, and storage space.
- Knowledge Management Software Ideal for Start-ups or Small businesses: The knowledge management tools like AllAnswered comes with a basic price of $1/month and offer 14 days free trial, while Slab, with a starting price of $6.67, offers the basic version free forever. Both these tools are favorite among the users due to its exclusive features and attractive prices. Also, we suggest free and open source knowledge management software for companies who wish to try the software for free before actually investing.
- Knowledge Management Software Ideal for Mid-Sized Business Medium range tools like Obie with a price range of $59/month is packed with all necessary features, while Stonly, with a starting price of $49/month, offers a 14 days free trial to try its exclusive features. The tool integrates with some of the leading helpdesk tools and automatically updates the knowledge base wherever it is deployed. In case if the users have a tailored need, they can even request a customized tool. The medium-range tools are ideal for users who want to go light on their budget; besides Stonly and Obie the user can even consider tools like kipwise, UseResponse, Malcolm that more or less fall in the same price range.
- Knowledge Management Software for Large Enterprises The Knowledge Management Software for large enterprises covers a full range of features on a single platform. Tools like clinked.com with a starting price of $83/month offer features like uploading files by email, single sign-on integration, data migration, customization, etc. The price may exceed upto $836 as users add more features to the list. The other tools that fit in the same category and offer out-of-the-box features include KnowledgeOwl with a starting price of $79/month and One Window Workplace (pricing on demand).
The Knowledge Management System can be applied on a broad spectrum, and because of this attribute, it has instilled curiosity among software developers to further enhance its capabilities with Free and Open Source Knowledge Management software.
Why Refer To GoodFirms' List Of Knowledge Management Software?
GoodFirms is a leading review and rating platform for IT solutions, and it has been helping companies to acquire the best software products and streamline their business processes. The platform has a wide range of software products that can cater to various sectors. The list of best Knowledge management software created by GoodFirms are done with utmost care and research. The filters and compare options, along with the review of each software, can help users to make the right choice.
With the best knowledge management software in place, the organization can clearly define its knowledge management goals and expected results. Do not miss to check the GoodFirms list of the Best knowledge Management Software to make your organization competitive in this knowledge-driven economy.