Best Task Management Software
Are you looking for an all-inclusive task management software to simplify and streamline task management? GoodFirms furnishes here a well-scrutinized list of best task management tools after meticulous research and in-depth analysis. The task management systems listed here offer broad features like document management, portfolio management, progress tracking, project budgeting, project planning, project scheduling, reporting, resource management, collaboration tools, task management, team management, and time tracking. Explore this list of best task manager software, leverage filters for features, pricing model, business size, deployment type, and compare them. Also, check the verified user reviews for the task management platforms listed here.
List of the Best Task Management Software with Reviews.
TaskQue is a smart cloud-based productivity enhancement software that helps you optimize your resource utilization in a way that maximizes productivity with its innovative task assignment process. In a connected world, where interdependencies exist in almost every sphere of life, you’re bound to interact with someone. They can be your team members, your clients, vendors, and other stakeholders. ... read more about TaskQueFree versionAvailable50% in Task Management Software
Intervals is simple, yet powerful time tracking and task management software with intelligent reporting. It provides collaboration, tracking, and reporting tools teams use to turn successful projects into a successful business. It is fully featured with the right features small teams need. Budget tracking, timesheets, document sharing, email integration, productivity reports, and other project man ... read more about Intervals$29 Per Month30 Days20% in Task Management Software
Beesbusy is a collaborative planning tool. Easy to use, it allows federating expert users and occasional users. - The planning of the tasks is materialized in a schedule in the form of a Gantt chart (view When of the project), which remains simple and easy to adapt. The multi-project views allow you to have an overview of all your activities. - Resource planning is done in a view displaying all re ... read more about Beesbusy$11.99 Per Month7 Days25% in Task Management Software
WorkHub Tasks can speed up request processing and issue resolutions by streamlining internal processes like service requests or IT supports. Beyond keeping track of what is happening inside your organization, you can improve your customer experience by blending support channels and resolving issues at any time. Workhub Tasks is a simple information sharing and helpdesk ticketing software with real ... read more about Workhub Tasks$39 Per MonthN/A20% in Task Management Software
TMetric is a featured time tracking app with screenshots capturing, activity monitoring, tasks and project management, accurate payrolling, billing and invoicing, and much more. See the progress of your tasks in real-time, manage deadlines, allocate resources to boost productivity. It provides easy paid time off (PTO) tracking, clear time-off policies for employees, quick leave approvals, and accu ... read more about TMetricFree versionAvailable33% in Task Management Software
Flowlu CRM software is designed for small businesses to streamline sales operations, along with a particular focus on project management and task management. This all-in-one business management system includes the necessary tools to make effective decisions. This CRM software is integrated with sales force automation, financial management & invoicing for robust workflow. The free Flowlu version of ... read more about FlowluContact vendor14 Days20% in Task Management Software
TaskOnBot manages team tasks in a systematic way such that no loophole is ever created in your workplace. If you have TaskOnbot then you don’t need to leave Slack or any external app to manage your employees’ task & fulfill your project requirements. >> Real-Time Task Allocation >> Creates Positive Work Culture >> Notifies To Keep Updated >> Auto-Assign Recurring Tasks ... read more about TaskOnBotFree versionAvailable100% in Task Management Software
Trello is a free and easy-to-use task management software that helps you get more done. It's perfect for individuals and teams of all sizes and can be used to manage any project. With Trello, you can create boards to organize your work, lists to track your tasks, and cards to represent individual tasks. You can add due dates, checklists, and attachments to your cards. Trello recently introduced a ... read more about TrelloFree versionAvailable10% in Task Management Software
Todoist is a freemium task management software available on all major platforms. It is famous for individuals and teams who want to stay organized and productive. Todoist offers a variety of features, including projects, subtasks, labels, reminders, and integrations with other popular apps. Todoist recently introduced a new feature called "Karma." Karma is a gamified system that rewards you for co ... read more about TodoistFree versionAvailable33% in Task Management Software
Asana is a web-based task management tool that helps teams stay organized and on track. It offers a variety of features to help teams collaborate, communicate, and manage their work, including task lists, projects, portfolios, and dashboards. Asana is easy to use and can be customized to fit the needs of any team. One of the unique features of Asana is its ability to visualize work. Asana offers a ... read more about AsanaFree versionAvailable18% in Task Management Software
monday.com is a powerful and versatile task management software that helps teams stay organized, collaborate effectively, and deliver results. It is an easy-to-use and highly customizable work operating system (Work OS) that allows groups of all sizes to manage their work in one place. One of the unique features of monday.com is its ability to collaborate with others in real-time. This means that ... read more about monday.com$30 Per Month14 Days15% in Task Management Software
Smartsheet is a cloud-based task management software that helps teams plan, track, and automate their work. It is used by businesses of all sizes to manage projects, processes, and workflows. Smartsheet offers many features, including Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and customizable forms. It also integrates with other popular business tools like Microsoft Office and Salesforce. Smartsheet recently r ... read more about SmartsheetFree versionAvailable10% in Task Management Software
MeisterTask is the most intuitive collaboration and task management tool on the web. It is built to give project administrators complete command and control over all stages and details of their projects. MeisterTask's Gantt-style Timeline feature helps project managers drive efficiency and keep their teams aligned. Assign and schedule tasks in calendar view to locate bottlenecks easily and ensure ... read more about MeisterTaskFree versionAvailable20% in Task Management Software
Basecamp is more than just a project management tool — it’s a better way to work. Teams that switch to Basecamp are more productive and better organized. They communicate better and require fewer meetings. And they’re far more efficient than before. Here’s how Basecamp makes it happen. ... read more about Basecamp$15 Per Month30 Days10% in Task Management Software
ClickUp is a task management software designed to help you and your team stay organized and productive. It offers many features, including task lists, project templates, Gantt charts, time tracking, and more. ClickUp is also highly customizable so that you can tailor it to your needs. ClickUp recently released a new version that includes several new features, such as a new AI-powered assistant tha ... read more about ClickupFree versionAvailable10% in Task Management Software
nTask is a free online Task Management and Intuitive Project Management Tool used by teams and professionals. With nTask, making checklists, managing projects, collaborating with project teams, scheduling meetings, and more becomes easier than ever. The nTask project management module can help you streamline your project planning, resource management, task dependencies, and financial summary and ... read more about nTask$3 Per Month14 Days18% in Task Management Software
Microsoft To Do is a task management app to help you stay organized and manage your day-to-day. You can use Microsoft To Do to make shopping lists or task lists, take notes, record collections, plan an event, or set reminders to increase your productivity and focus on what matters to you. Microsoft To Do makes it easy to stay organized and manage your life. ... read more about Microsoft To DoContact vendorN/A100% in Task Management Software
Teamwork is project management software that helps in-house teams & agencies improve collaboration, visibility, accountability, and ultimately results. With all the features you need to plan, collaborate on, and deliver your work, it takes care of the details so your team's talents are freed to achieve the results that matter to your business. Use Teamwork to manage everything from delivering clie ... read more about TeamworkFree versionAvailable25% in Task Management Software
If you're looking for powerful and versatile task management software, Wrike is a great option. It offers a wide range of features that can help teams of all sizes stay organized and productive. With its new AI-powered assistant, integrations with popular apps, and mobile app, Wrike is the perfect tool for teams that want to get more done. One of the unique features of Wrike is its ability to conn ... read more about Wrike$9.80 Per Month14 Days10% in Task Management Software
Hive is the real-time platform for driving your company's work forward. Every team should have a simple way to track who is working on what, and leaders should have a clear, real-time view of progress. Hive integrates with over 1,000 popular tools, like Slack, Google Apps, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and WordPress. It also supports integrations for files from Box, Google Drive, and Dropbox. Increase pr ... read more about HiveFree versionAvailable10% in Task Management Software
Everything you need to organize your work. Easy-to-use from Entrepreneur to Enterprise.
Taskworld is one of the world's leading project management software. Taskworld project management software has been in the market for over a decade. The major features include project planning and management, task management, analytics, team communication, security, file management, time tracking, performance reporting, team messaging, and project timelines. ... read more about TaskworldFree versionAvailable20% in Task Management Software
Quire is a task management software that helps you stay focused and productive. It is designed to be simple and intuitive so that you can start immediately. Quire offers a variety of features to help you stay organized. Quire recently introduced a new feature called "Quire Automation." Quire Automation allows you to automate repetitive tasks like sending status updates or creating reports. This ca ... read more about QuireFree versionAvailable33% in Task Management Software
Microsoft Planner is one of the best task management software. It is easy to use and integrates with other Microsoft 365 apps, such as Microsoft Teams and Outlook. Planner also offers a mobile app so team members can access their work anywhere. Microsoft recently introduced a new feature called "Planner Tasks." Planner Tasks is a drag-and-drop feature that allows you to quickly and easily create a ... read more about Microsoft PlannerContact vendorN/A100% in Task Management Software
ProjectManager is a flexible cloud-based project management software for small to medium businesses. The software's key features include project planning, task management, risk management, and resource management. ProjectManager is a friendly tool offering facilities like Gantt charts and Kanban board that align with task lists, calendars, etc. The tool has an intuitive project dashboard that give ... read more about ProjectManager$13 Per Month30 Days14% in Task Management Software
SmartTask is the best online collaboration software to track your team's progress and be more productive. It keeps all your team related information together. Gone are the days when the information used to remain in isolated silos. Everyone in a team has a clear overview of the team's progress and who's responsible for every task. ... read more about SmartTaskFree versionAvailable25% in Task Management Software
Highly secure, turnkey intranet solution for small and medium-sized businesses designed for effective collaboration, communication, social networking, business process, and knowledge management. Allows better knowledge continuity by moving data from network silos and local drives to a well-protected centralized repository. Wikis, blogs, and forums ensure social-enabled knowledge bases for improved ... read more about Bitrix24Contact vendorAvailable5% in Task Management Software
Nifty is task management software that helps to unite your teams, goals, and processes. It is a single app that combines tasks, docs, chats, and other tools, so you can stop switching between different apps. Nifty recently introduced a new feature called "Nifty Automation." Nifty Automation allows you to automate repetitive tasks like sending status updates or creating reports. This can save you t ... read more about NiftyFree versionAvailable15% in Task Management Software
Flow’s flexible team project management software is designed for any project or workflow. Plan ahead, set priorities and track projects from start to finish. From simple checklists to kanban boards, we’ve got you covered. It brings together your tasks, projects, timelines, and conversations, and integrates with your favorite tools, to help you achieve more. ... read more about Flow$6 Per Month30 Days50% in Task Management Software
Hitask is a unique project and task manager for teams. It helps to focus on team collaboration, getting tasks done and manage an entire project. With Hitask you will complete projects faster and with less overhead. Hitask is task management software that removes the complexity from project management and puts you in control. With Hitask, you and your project team can quickly and easily set up new ... read more about HitaskFree versionAvailable40% in Task Management Software
Simplify your task with orangescrum task management software. Orangescrum offers deep task management capabilities. You can break your project into various task groups, tasks, subtasks, sub-subtasks, add checklists for each task. Before adopting any task management software be clear on the objectives you wish to achieve and problems you want to solve. But keep an open mind and try to simulate y ... read more about OrangescrumFree versionAvailable20% in Task Management Software
Zenkit is an online project management system that is simple, user-friendly, and clutter-free. It is designed to simplify the way project managers handle all aspects of their projects, from task management, scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, and reporting to name some. Zenkit is built to streamline all tasks, facilitate communication and collaboration between individuals and teams, and en ... read more about ZenkitFree versionAvailable25% in Task Management Software
Taskade is the remote workspace for getting things done. We are building a real-time organization and collaboration for distributed teams. Manage tasks, write notes, and video chat, in one simple platform. Taskade is reimagining the future of work, remote collaboration, and team productivity. Their mission is simple, to help teams get work done, faster and smarter. ... read more about Taskade$19 Per MonthN/A20% in Task Management Software
Podio is a collaboration software & task management tool that helps teams communicate and organize things to facilitate the completion of tasks and projects. It does this through a system that puts content, context, and conversations in one place. So whether you’re working on a project or following up and closing a sales lead, you get everything related to the job on one page, making for easier ... read more about PodioFree versionAvailable25% in Task Management Software
ProofHub is a cloud-based Task management software that helps teams organize and stay on track. It is easy to use and has various features to help teams manage their projects, tasks, and communication. ProofHub also offers a mobile app so team members can access their work anywhere. ProofHub recently introduced a new feature called "ProofHub Marketplace." ProofHub Marketplace is where you can find ... read more about ProofHub$45 Per Month14 Days15% in Task Management Software
Introduction to Task Management Buyer's Guide
The buyer’s guide to task management software is intended to provide profound understanding and knowledge to the users regarding managing, sharing, and tracking project tasks. Businesses today have the facility to automate processes that are concerned with making, allocating, prioritizing, and monitoring the tasks and functions of the project with an efficient task management tool. This process helps in enhancing the efficiency of the team and allows the members of the company to complete the projects on time.
In this buyer's guide on the task management system, you will get accustomed to the features and importance of task management software. The guide helps you in focusing on the critical points that should be considered before buying the task management software for your business.
What is task management?
Task Management is the practice that helps in managing the entire lifecycle of the task, which includes the process of task creation, planning, tracking, assignment, reporting, and execution. The team leader tracks the job throughout its life cycle and, based on the progress, makes the decisions. The management can analyze the overall efficiency of an individual, department, and organization with the help of the reports. The task management process makes use of software tools to carry out its process efficiently and smoothly.
What are the different approaches to task management?
The task management system is approached in various ways by different types of companies. The different kinds of approaches to task management are created to help different types of teams like marketing, software development, or business development. You can make use of the below-mentioned approaches to task management to meet the requirements of your organization:
- Agile – It serves as an iterative approach that allows teams to ship faster and more often. The customer gets the value sooner through quick deployments. In less time, the teams can complete more tasks. The tasks are always up-to-date in this type of approach, so there is less wastage of resources.
- Waterfall – It is also known as a phased approach and is apt for smaller organizations that have well-defined projects. This type of approach breaks down the project into distinct and sequential phases. At the enterprise level, you can evaluate the strategies with this type of plan as it believes in providing a solid foundation of project-level data.
- Scrum- This approach is based on the agile framework that helps in preventing delays in the product launch. It focuses on team collaboration and saves a lot of time and money for the company. The scrum master facilitates the scrum sessions (sprints), and these sessions occur within the time frame of 1-3 weeks.
- Kanban- Kanban approach organizes tasks and keeps track of it. This approach serves as a useful tool that helps in identifying bottlenecks. It delivers quicker results and believes in offering a transparent view of the status of the task.
- Lean – This type of approach focuses on the theme of efficiency. Lean addresses the three (3Ms) dysfunctions that create waste- Muda, which is about eradicating trash, Mura, which eliminates variations, and Muri that removes overload. It is a helpful approach at the time of reviewing the project delivery process.
“The task of management is to make people capable of joint performance, to make their strengths effective and their weaknesses irrelevant.”
By Peter Drucker
Why is the task management system critical?
The Task Management system is a system that enables an organization to complete its task on time with less wastage and a better outcome. Have a look at the following reasons:
- Task management solutions allow you to organize, allocate, and prioritize tasks.
- You can set up objectives and milestones collectively to deal with deadlines by employing a task management system.
- Task management allows you to split up the problematic tasks into small deliverables, which you can administer with minor difficulty.
- The owners or managers can identify who among their teams are performing the best with the help of the task management solution.
- Every member of the team gets the complete picture of the operations or the project of the company. Concerning the company’s goals and objectives, the team gets a better understanding of everyone’s work.
What is task management software?
Task management software is a tool that allows team members and team leaders to track the task all through its lifecycle. This process facilitates team members to make decisions based on progress. The task management tool makes use of many functions like task creation, task planning, task assignment, task tracking, and task reporting to organize and manage tasks effectively.
What are the essential features of task management software?
The task management app should have the following features, which, in turn, help in enhancing the efficiency and improving the productivity of the organization:
- Task Planning – The online task management software allows you to plan your tasks so that there can be a smooth execution of the functions. You can divide the work into stages through a structured approach based on the budget, resources, scope, and timeline. The best task management software allows you to break down your work into more straightforward tasks that can be managed effortlessly. As per the requirement, you can organize and prioritize your tasks.
- Task Assignment- After planning the tasks, the online task management tools delegate the tasks to different team members. Anyone can divide a project or assign a job from their home screen; there is no need to wait for the admin to set up the tasks for the team. In your system, all users should be able to assign tasks to one another by using a personal task management app.
- Task prioritization- The task tracking software should be able to rank tasks in importance. Prioritizing tasks can help with procrastination. There are big things on the to-do list, so task prioritization helps decide what studies must be done at the earliest. It allows managers to determine their priorities.
- Centrally-controlled security permission- The administrator can centrally control the security permission with the help of the best task management tool. The company can keep the client information guardedly due to security permissions. The administrator can avoid conflict of interest at a team or project level.
- Track Status – The task tracker feature in the task management software allows you to keep track of the status of each task, which in turn helps identify the bottlenecks. There are many tasks on the board, and without the feature of tracking status, it’s tough to manage all the tasks efficiently.
- Notifications- The task planning software should be able to notify you whenever there is a need for your action. The information can be sent on the mobile app as it is handy, and you can easily access it anywhere. Some free task management software has the facility of ready-made email templates that notifies of important information.
- Reporting and Analyzing- The team task management application should be able to report on the task progress to avoid deadlines and make the task management more efficient and well–organized. The task management software should be able to analyze the performance of each employee from the gathered data, ultimately resulting in recuperating the team’s overall efficiency.
- Integrations- The task management app should be able to work with other integrations to make your organization more productive. You cannot make use of task management solutions to their full potential without the support of other services. You can choose the best task management software that fits your team’s needs appropriately.
The other essential features that should be considered in the online task management software are:
- Task editing and updating- The task can be edited based on the resources.
- Task tagging - The labels and tags are created to organize and categorize tasks and sub-tasks. You can add context and can collect assignment-related information.
- Time tracking- Based on the assigned tasks, the task management tool can track collective time spent by all the stakeholders.
- Make sub-tasks- At a micro level, you can split tasks into smaller, actionable sub-tasks to carry out and manage tasks.
- Recurring task management- This functionality prevents businesses from rescheduling redundant work.
- Task Progress tracking- Throughout the lifecycle, the task progress is tracked. It monitors the key performance indicators.
- Chat Systems- The inbuilt chat systems in the online task management tools allow users to communicate with other team members.
- File Management- The files and documents can be managed quickly and assigned to the required tasks with the task management app.
- Calendar- The task-tracking software can easily sync your calendar with important dates and deadlines for the project.
- Collaboration – The task planning software should be able to handle team collaboration. It should be able to share the vital document in time and with ease.
Why do businesses need task management solutions?
The task management app provides valuable benefits that help in completing all the phases of your projects. Businesses need task management software due to the following reasons:
- Improves teamwork – The team task management system centralizes activity and information in one place. The team members get encouraged by the input of their colleagues on specific tasks, which in turn helps increase productivity. Throughout the team, it allows for increasing the level of collaboration as shared ideas can be accessed at any time.
- Improve Productivity and Increase Efficiency – The online task management tools take care of the daily tasks so the team members can get more time to accomplish the other types of crucial business-related work, which helps in improving productivity. Due to productivity improvement, there will be increased efficiency. You can have time to focus on increasing sales or can even attract new clients.
- Centralize Activity- The task tracking software allows the team members to monitor all client activity throughout the team. It eliminates the tedious requirement for multiple passwords and accounts and integrates all events in one place. The task tracker enhances the efficiency of the work, which is carried out daily, by removing the risk of information being deleted or lost.
- Track time requirements- The task tracking software records and monitors each employee’s time. It checks the efficiency of the team members working in the team and tracks the time-specific tasks that are dealt with in the client’s project. The team is likelier to adopt the built-in time-tracking feature as they don’t have to download any other apps. This feature also helps in sharing the workload of the team members.
- Assists remote working – The task planning software allows teams to become more flexible by providing a remote working facility. This application offers indispensable abilities like collaboration, communication, budget tracking, time tracking, delegation, and file sharing to remote teams.
- Reliable and Secure – The team task management application provides restricted project access. All the information is shared with the authorized person, so this system helps prevent data hacking and criminal offense. Businesses can rely on the task management app as all the information on the project is shared with the person working on it and the manager.
- Team Collaboration – The online task management software allows multiple users to share everything from updates to timelines and documents while working on the project. The employees must collaborate on the projects so that tasks get completed on time and without errors. The task management system brings collaboration among team members.
- Share Calendar and Event Scheduling- The best task management software includes a shared calendar feature. The team calendar helps the team and its members to schedule meetings and other collective events with their customers and business partners. It enables booking resources along with automated meeting schedules.
- Reporting and real-time outline of the team’s work- The task management tool helps create task reports with the help of reporting tools. It helps in collecting the previously inserted work data. These reports tell you about the completed work and the team members’ performance. KPI (Key Performance Indicator) dashboard displays the essential metrics and graphs that help view the teamwork progress.
Other benefits of task management software:
- Enhances customer satisfaction
- Optimizes decision making
- Facilitates better communication between the team and the clients
- Document Sharing
- Internal and external communication
- Budget Management
- Collaborate on Projects
- Make task delegation easy
- Distribute Workload
- Notify team members about overdue tasks
- Automate recurring tasks creation
- Provide visible HITs (High Impact Tasks)
- Add subtasks to more significant tasks
- Creates separate workspace for each group
How to organize and prioritize your tasks using task management software?
You can organize and prioritize your task with the help of a task management tool in the following ways:
- List the tasks- Create a list of the functions you must perform. You can make a list based on your priorities. Pull together what you think should be done in a day, this week, or fortnight.
- Classify the task based on importance and urgency- You can identify the assignment based on significance and need. Scan your list of functions to know if any charges require immediate attention. If any job involves urgency, you have to complete it ASAP so that you don’t have to face any severe consequences.
- Meet the criteria of the tasks- You can qualify the jobs which highly depend on your organization. If the job impacts many people, it should be taken as a high priority.
- Order tasks by estimated effort- You should evaluate the job based on the duration it takes. Some jobs require minutes to complete; others require hours or days. Ensure the functions that take longer to complete should be considered first.
- Cut the unnecessary chore – Whatever task you have prioritized in the list, make sure you complete it, and you can cut the remaining job, which is not essential, or add it to your task backlog. The crucial tasks are needed to be focused on a priority basis. You can get back to your task backlog at your convenience.
If you have plenty of tasks list, you can prioritize the tasks to manage your tasks without any chaos. The two main types of priorities based on which you can prioritize your job are:
- Time-based priorities include the functions that must be completed before the set end date. It can fall under the past due date, today, tomorrow, this week, this month, this year, or later.
- Urgency-based priorities cover urgent (critical), high, medium (standard), or low. These types of priorities help you in reaching a goal.
How to use online task management software to increase employee productivity?
Task management software can boost employee productivity, which helps create a more productive work environment. The ways to increase employee productivity:
- Keep the team answerable and well-versed – The task management solutions assign tasks to individuals and set deadlines. Everyone can make out what is to be done and be held responsible for it.
- Delegate work effectively – The task tracking software can effortlessly delegate the work to multiple team members on one project and assign different due dates. The team’s performance can be high if its position is well-managed.
- Track growth and avoid obstruction- The task tracker lets you observe your team’s productivity. In one place, you can track the progress of individual team members along with the projects. To have maximum productivity, you can assign tasks by having a good overview of everyone’s workload along with the project timelines with the help of task management software.
- Schedule and assign tasks in the calendar- You can plan projects and events along with actionable jobs set in the calendar with the help of a task management tool. In this way, all the employees know their roles and can see their deadlines for the project.
- Easy employee onboarding- Integrating the task management system into the company’s onboarding allows managers to create or upload training courses and materials cheaply. These training courses are then distributed to the employees’ smartphones and are used to test for job readiness. The executives using task management applications can set their employees up for success.
- Effortless employee communication – Online task management tools make staff communication smoother, ultimately improving productivity. The managers can easily share the information with the entire team. The staff members can collaborate effectively, which can soar employee productivity.
The best task manager provides valuable tools that help employees succeed through communication, onboarding, feedback, and monitoring.
What are the latest trends in task management software?
The latest trends in the task management system are:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation- In task management solutions, AI and automation have an impact on daily tasks. Simple tasks can be automated and can obtain performance insights.
- Widespread Agile Project Management- It increases efficiency, improves marketability, and reduces risks by allowing more flexible and consumer-driven control of projects. You will find that this system is becoming more and more frequently used and integrated into other methodologies.
- Increasing Business Value of “Soft Skills”- Soft skills are essential in a team task management system. The family of social skills includes emotional intelligence and expertise in coordination, teaching, and negotiating, which are becoming necessary in many fields of work.
- Cybersecurity- With cybersecurity functionality, you can secure your task management methodologies and strategies from an online threat. Cybersecurity can acquire data by serving as a highly protected firewall.
- IoT (Internet of Things)- From data collection to team collaboration, the IoT bisects with task management strategy. The manual intervention can be reduced with the involvement of IoT in a task management system, as all the tasks can be managed automatically.
- Remote teams- The task manager is proceeding with the investment of a remote team system that helps promote effective communication over the full range of platforms. If the remote teams are managed effectively with the proper set of management tools, then it turns out to be more productive.
- Data and Analytics- In the near future, task management analytic tools will be more of a cloud-based structure. It will help collect real-time data and reflect the results more precisely.
- Project Managers in Demand- Task managers are becoming famous due to increasing pressure to innovate, adapt to change, and achieve strategic growth, which helps drive change, deliver innovation, and implement strategic initiatives.
The other emerging styles which can be observed in task management systems are:
- Open-ended results can deliver better benefits
- Hybrid Approach
- PMO (Project Management Office)
- Kanban Boards
- Lifelong learning
- Targeted Innovation
- Data-driven Presentation
- Enterprise Integration and Coordination
- Risk Analytics
- Enhanced Reporting and Data
- Cross-Company Collaboration
- Flexible Workflows
- More collaborative workspaces
- Advances in Timekeeping and resource management
- Real-Time Data
- Predictions and Simulations
- Upskilling and certification
How to choose the right task management software?
In an organization, every team and project is different, so there are no fixed criteria to pick the right task management software for your business. You can follow the below-mentioned following points to make the appropriate decision:
- Ease of use – The simple task management app can be operated efficiently due to its simpler features and interfaces. The Task management teams can work efficiently with a simple interface that combines powerful features. The task management tool can be customized as per the requirements.
- Find out your must-have features – Make sure that your task tracking software has the essential elements of theproject management systemalong with othersoftware integrations. You can survey your team leads to find out which task management system would be valuable to your business needs.
- Available Budget and Cost –Be clear about the requirements along with the available budget, which you can spend in buying a task tracker system. It is crucial to consider the cost of the task management software and think about whether you are getting the value for your money.
- Data Security- Prefer the well-developed and highly secure task management system so that you can keep your project works safe from hackers. Make sure that your task management software, along with task data security, is handled with proper care by a vendor.
- Collaboration – The online task management software should be able to provide an environment for the employees where they can collaborate better. With collaboration, teamwork can be encouraged and motivates the team to complete the task timely.
- Cloud-based – The majority of businesses are using a cloud-based task management system so that team members get the central workspace, which can be accessed anytime and anywhere. You can have reliable access and low-maintenance technology with a cloud-based system. It is a cost-efficient way that will help you in saving your precious money.
- Integration with other tools- You should evaluate different types of devices that integrate well with your task management system. Decide why, how, what level (tight or loose) of integration you are expecting with your task management tool.
- Dashboards- The clients can remain updated on project status with the help of a team dashboard. The stakeholders and sponsors can have details from the graphs, charts, visual metrics, and key performance indicators (KPI) displayed on the dashboard.
- Scheduling and Planning –. With a list of tasks on a spreadsheet, you can manage small projects. In large projects, you can visualize your timeline and know how the various deadlines and dependencies can impact each other in the project with the help of Gantt chart functionality. It helps you in visualizing the task list and project schedule.
- Check out the software reviews- You can compare the online task management software reviews to know about the best task management software. With the help of reliable reports, you can compare the functionalities of different types of task management tools available in the market. If you are into small businesses and have low budget costs, then the reviews can help you in finding out the best free task management software for your business.
What is the average cost of task management software?
Two main factors decide the cost of task management software- the first is the business size, and the other is the need for its operations. The cost of the task management software for small businesses is more reasonably priced as the core functionalities that a team would require mostly come in the basic plan of every task management system. On the other hand, large organizations prefer advanced strategies so that they can carry out their task management activities with more powerful features.
The cost of the online task management tools can start as low as $2.99/year (for example nTask) and can reach as high as $995/year approximately (for example JungleBell for SharePoint). If you are associated with small and start-up businesses, then you can try open-source and free task management software.
Why refer to GoodFirms’ list of top task management software?
GoodFirms carry out ethical research based on the latest market trends. This platform is growing steadily, listing a broad range of categories and authentic user reviews. Explore GoodFirms’ coverage to know the list of best task management software that serves your small business efficiently.
The list of best task management software will provide profound insights into the top-notch task management software available in the market. Before finalizing the best task management software for your business, look at the top task management software list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Needs Task Management Systems?
Large companies have numerous projects and tasks, while smaller companies need to manage fewer of these tasks or functions more efficiently; so, no business can avoid an efficient and flawless task management system. Using automation tools to execute various tasks helps streamline complex processes and better control your business operations. A transition to software-based project task management tools may initially cost a bit, but leveraging the right tools proves profitable in the long run.
What Does a Task Management Software Do?
Software-based task management enables task creation, visualization, delegation, and prioritizing. It provides various tools for setting deadlines, tracking status, resource allocation, task scheduling, managing dependencies, and sending notifications. It enables users to track task progress and get valuable insights.
The online task management software offers a communication and collaboration platform for interacting with team members, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders. Managers can use personal task management software to automate their to-do lists, notifications, and reminders. An efficient task management system helps you streamline task management, optimize resource utilization, and maximize productivity.
How Do Companies Benefit From Task Management Tools?
Task management software enables users to accomplish their tasks quickly and productively. It facilitates the complete view of all your tasks under one frame. From task planning, prioritizing urgent tasks, progressing effectively in collaboration with other team members, reducing the time consumed in searching documents, and controlling functions from anywhere and anytime, all activities become quick and comfortable with project task management tools. The top benefits of task management system software are:
- Manage all tasks from one place.
- Access data from anywhere, anytime
- Simplify task prioritization
- Easy task delegation
- Improve team collaboration and communication
- Better workload distribution
- Convenient remote working
- Time tracking
- Automation of recurrent tasks and follow-ups
- Enhance supervision
- Boost in efficiency and productivity
- Cost reduction
- Reporting and real-time monitoring of tasks
- Notifications and reminders for status and deadlines
What Are the Features to Look for in Task Management Software?
The core features you must look for while choosing task management systems are:
- Collaboration tools
- Document management
- Progress tracking
- Project budgeting
- Project planning
- Project scheduling
- Task allocation and management
- Team collaboration
- Team chat
- Time tracking
- File sharing
- Database creation
- Productivity tracking
- Analytics and Reporting
What Are the Factors That Influence the Pricing of Task Management Systems?
The cost of task management software depends on various factors, the most prominent being:
- Features it offers
- Number of users
- Number of active projects
- Quality of customer support
- Deployment type
What Is the Cost of Task Management Software?
You can get reliable task management solutions in a price range of $4 to $9 per month; for example, TaskBlast costs $4 per month (billed annually), and Orangescrum costs $8 per month. Software solutions that offer comprehensive features and allow unlimited projects and users cost a bit higher; for example, Basecamp costs $99 per month.
What Hidden Costs Should One Look for in Task Management Solutions?
The top task management software providers are generally transparent about the pricing, but it is advisable to check with the vendor about hidden costs associated with task management tools. These may include:
- Customization based on your needs
- Installation charges and data migration
- System upgrades and maintenance
- Customer support
Are There Any Free Task Management Software Solutions Available?
Multiple free task management tools are available in the market for businesses with budget limitations. Many software vendors also offer free software versions apart from paid plans, for example, TaskQue. These cover the essential task management features to get you started. Please refer to our blog on the best free and open-source task management software that lists numerous free task management tools.
Are Task Management Tools Secure?
Security is the prime concern for all businesses. Project task management software earns trust and popularity if it offers robust, multi-layer security features. Thus, checking the software reviews, ratings, and other users’ feedback is crucial. Also, discuss the security features for data access, sharing, storage, encryption, and vulnerability scanning with the software vendor before choosing one.