Best Task Management Software
Are you looking for an all-inclusive task management software to simplify and streamline task management? GoodFirms furnishes here a well-scrutinized list of best task management tools after meticulous research and in-depth analysis. The task management systems listed here offer broad features like document management, portfolio management, progress tracking, project budgeting, project planning, project scheduling, reporting, resource management, collaboration tools, task management, team management, and time tracking. Explore this list of best task manager software, leverage filters for features, pricing model, business size, deployment type, and compare them. Also, check the verified user reviews for the task management platforms listed here.
List of the Best Task Management Software with Reviews.
- All-in-one online project management tool
Backlog is a project management and collaboration tool for teams that want higher productivity, greater visibility, and simple project tracking. Development teams can work together with Design, Marketing, IT, and more to release high-quality projects, faster. Core features include Projects, Gantt Charts, Burndown Charts, Issues, Subtasking, Watchlist, Comment threads, Version control, File sharing... learn more about BacklogVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$35 per Month
- Productivity is at the Heart Of Every Organization.
TaskQue is a smart cloud-based productivity enhancement software that helps you optimize your resource utilization in a way that maximizes productivity with its innovative task assignment process. In a connected world, where interdependencies exist in almost every sphere of life, you’re bound to interact with someone. They can be your team members, your clients, vendors, and other stakeholder... learn more about TaskQue
- Discover a better way to track time and get work done.
Intervals is simple, yet powerful time tracking and task management software with intelligent reporting. It provides collaboration, tracking, and reporting tools teams use to turn successful projects into a successful business. It is fully featured with the right features small teams need. Budget tracking, timesheets, document sharing, email integration, productivity reports, and other project man... learn more about IntervalsVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$29 per Month
- Beesbusy, an ideal tool for the planning of tasks and resources.
Beesbusy is a collaborative planning tool. Easy to use, it allows to federate expert users and occasional users. - The planning of the tasks is materialized in a schedule in the form of a Gantt chart (view When of the project), which remains simple and easy to adapt. The multi-project views allow you to have an overview of all your activities. - Resource planning is done in a view displaying... learn more about BeesbusyVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$11.99 per Month
- Manage All Your Tasks From One Place
TaskOnBot manages team tasks in a systematic way such that no loophole is ever created in your workplace. If you have TaskOnbot then you don’t need to leave Slack or any external app to manage your employees’ task & fulfill your project requirements. >> Real-Time Task Allocation >> Creates Positive Work Culture >> Notifies To Keep Updated >> Auto-Assign Recurring Tasks... learn more about TaskOnBot
- Spend less time on guesswork. And do more great work.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. With Asana, you can connect all your work in one place and bring teams together, anywhere. From lists to boards, to calendars and Gantt charts, organize work your way. Join more than 107,000 paying organizations and millions of teams across 190 countries who use Asana to get more done. Get started in minutes to... learn more about Asana"Great Mgt Tool for SMB's"Susan Woodford, Director at urteamVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$10.99 per Month
- Trello lets you work more collaboratively and get more done.
From sales and marketing to HR and operations, teams can design and customize Trello to fit their unique needs and work styles. And with over 100+ integrations with other key tools like Google Drive, Slack, Jira, and more, Trello is a living, breathing project hub of cross-team collaboration no matter where your work needs to happen. Trello brings joy to teamwork by making it transparent and easil... learn more about Trello"Very creative software"Mary Ann Markowitz, As a MindSet/Life Coach/Executive Recruiter I help you breakthough mental barriers at Mary Ann Markowitz CoachingVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$5 per Month
- Organize life then go enjoy it.
Todoist is the world's #1 to-do list & task manager to organize your life and work. Regain clarity and calmness by getting tasks out of your head and into Todoist, no matter where you are or what device you use. It's a simple yet powerful to-do list app ranked best-in-class by Apple, Google, The Verge, Forbes, and more. Since 2007, over 25 million people have used Todoist to organize work and life... learn more about Todoist"Excellent product"Nick James, MBA, Consultant at Thorium InfolyticsVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$3 per Month
- Free Online Task & Project Management Software for Teams
nTask is a free online Task Management and Intuitive Project Management Tool used by teams and professionals. With nTask, making checklists, managing projects, collaborating with project teams, scheduling meetings and more becomes easier than ever. The nTask project management module can help you streamline your project planning, resource management, task dependencies, financial summary and manag... learn more about nTask"OUTSTANDING!!!!"Saad NaseerVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$2.99 per Month
- The most intuitive project and task management tool on the web.
MeisterTask is the most intuitive collaboration and task management tool on the web. It is built to give project administrators complete command and control over all stages and details of their projects. MeisterTask's Gantt-style Timeline feature helps project managers drive efficiency and keep their teams aligned. Assign and schedule tasks in calendar view to locate bottlenecks easily and ensure... learn more about MeisterTask"It is super easy to use and brings your productivity to new levels "Mario Pires
- To Do gives you focus, from work to play.
Microsoft To Do is a task management app to help you stay organized and manage your day-to-day. You can use Microsoft To Do to make shopping lists or task lists, take notes, record collections, plan an event, or set reminders to increase your productivity and focus on what matters to you. Microsoft To Do makes it easy to stay organized and manage your life. ... learn more about Microsoft To Do
- The only platform that can scale from a single project to end-to-end work management.
Smartsheet is intuitive online project management, collaboration & Gantt chart tool. It has a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, coupled with file sharing & workflow. Smartsheet enables teams to get work done fast and efficiently. We are a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, enabling organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more effi... learn more about Smartsheet"Fantastic Product"Amit Tiwari, Digital Marketing Expert at OTS SolutionsVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$14.00 per Month
- Get it together and manage projects the right way.
Basecamp is more than just a project management tool — it’s a better way to work. Teams that switch to Basecamp are more productive and better organized. They communicate better and require fewer meetings. And they’re far more efficient than before. Here’s how Basecamp makes it happen. ... learn more about Basecamp"User-friendly and has everything you need"Peter Wilfahrt, Employeer at VersandgigantVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$99.00 per Month
- All your work in one place.
ClickUp is an all-in-one project management software that enables organizations to manage requirements, create documents, chat with colleagues, set goals, and track projects. Brimming with features like process, task, and time management, ClickUp offers mind maps, reports, forms, dashboards, and communication tools like email and messaging. ... learn more about Clickup"Offers a very big bang for its buck"Shaan Nicol, CEO & Founder at ChillyBin Web DesignVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialAvailableEntry Level Price$9 per Month
- Cloud-based Collaboration and Project Management Software
Wrike is a powerful professional services software trusted by 20,000+ companies worldwide. Create a streamlined digital workplace using custom request forms, Kanban boards, Gantt charts, time tracking, real-time updates, and performance reports all in one place that can be shared company-wide. Integrate Wrike with 400+ applications to automate your everyday processes. Customize workflows and reduc... learn more about Wrike"I can control what each member can see"Gail Gardner, Small Business Marketing Strategist at GrowMapVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$9.80 per Month
- Focus on the work that matters, wherever you are.
Teamwork is project management software that helps in-house teams & agencies improve collaboration, visibility, accountability, and ultimately results. With all the features you need to plan, collaborate on, and deliver your work, it takes care of the details so your team's talents are freed to achieve the results that matter to your business. Use Teamwork to manage everything from delivering clie... learn more about TeamworkVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$10 per Month
- We help teams move faster.
Hive is the real-time platform for driving your company's work forward. Every team should have a simple way to track who is working on what, and leaders should have a clear, real-time view of progress. Hive integrates with over 1,000 popular tools, like Slack, Google Apps, Salesforce, Mailchimp and WordPress. It also supports integrations for files from Box, Google Drive and Dropbox. Increase prod... learn more about HiveVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$12 per Month
- UNFOLD YOUR IDEAS.
Quire is a collaborative project management tool that allows users to easily plan and organize tasks easily in a tree-like structure, where goals are achieved by breaking ideas down into doable tasks that are nested in a hierarchical list.... learn more about Quire
- Work smarter together.
Taskworld is one of the world's leading project management software. Taskworld project management software has been in the market for over a decade. The major features include project planning and management, task management, analytics, team communication, security, file management, time tracking, performance reporting, team messaging, and project timelines.... learn more about TaskworldVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$10.00 per Month
- A simple, visual way to organize teamwork.
Microsoft Planner is a planning application available on the Microsoft 365 platform. The application is available to premium, business, and educational subscribers to Microsoft 365. Microsoft Planner is a team-work oriented tool that can be used in a variety of ways.... learn more about Microsoft Planner
- All your project work in one place.
Nifty is one app to manage projects, tasks, goals, docs, calendars, and chats in one place. Maintain organizational oversight and stay on top of your team, projects, clients, and workloads with our automated progress reporting. Nifty lets you manage everything from development sprints and product launches to delivering client projects and executing your marketing campaigns -- all from one collabor... learn more about NiftyVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$49 per Month
- Project Management Software for Professionals.
ProjectManager.com’s award-winning project management system combines powerful project planning and scheduling features with collaboration tools for teams. Plan small projects with kanban boards, or plan long-term projects on the interactive Gantt chart. Adjust due dates with easy drag-and-drop scheduling. ProjectManager.com takes project planning to a whole new level. Get started today with a F... learn more about ProjectManagerVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$15 per Month
- Your company. United. Free. Unlimited. Online.
Bitrix24 is the leading free online CRM software used by over 8 million companies worldwide. It is available in the cloud or on-premise with open source code access. Unlimited leads, deals, contacts, companies, quotes, invoices and appointment scheduling. The free plan also comes with email marketing and telephony. Advanced versions have sales and marketing automation, bulk SMS, campaign managemen... learn more about Bitrix24""Hisham Balatiah, Founder at EIC - Engineers International CommunityVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$49 per Month
- All Your Work In One Place.crm
SmartTask is the best online collaboration software to track your team's progress and be more productive. It keeps all your team related information together. Gone are the days when the information used to remain in isolated silos. Everyone in a team has a clear overview of the team's progress and who's responsible for every task.... learn more about SmartTask
- Flow is modern task and project management software for teams.
Flow’s flexible team project management software is designed for any project or workflow. Plan ahead, set priorities and track projects from start to finish. From simple checklists to kanban boards, we’ve got you covered. It brings together your tasks, projects, timelines, and conversations, and integrates with your favorite tools, to help you achieve more.... learn more about FlowVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$6 per Month
- Task Management Made Delightfully Simple.
Hitask is a unique project and task manager for teams. It helps to focus on team collaboration, getting tasks done and manage an entire project. With Hitask you will complete projects faster and with less overhead. Hitask is task management software that removes the complexity from project management and puts you in control. With Hitask, you and your project team can quickly and easily set up new ... learn more about Hitask
- Orangescrum : Simple Project Management Software for IT Companies
Orangescrum is a simplified Project Management and Collaboration software for teams of all sizes. It helps to organize projects, teams, tasks and resources all in one place! Orangescrum has both cloud and open source editions with multiple features like Gantt chart, Time log, Kanban View, Daily Catch-Up, Recurring Tasks, Subtask, Project and Task templates, Custom Fields, Budgeting, Bug Tracki... learn more about OrangescrumVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$4 per Month
- Project management made easy. The right tool at the right time.
Zenkit is an online project management system that is simple, user-friendly, and clutter-free. It is designed to simplify the way project managers handle all aspects of their projects, from task management, scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, and reporting to name some. Zenkit is built to streamline all tasks, facilitate communication and collaboration between individuals and teams, and en... learn more about Zenkit
- Chat, Organize, Get Things Done
Taskade is the remote workspace for getting things done. We are building a real-time organization and collaboration for distributed teams. Manage tasks, write notes, and video chat, in one simple platform. Taskade is reimagining the future of work, remote collaboration, and team productivity. Their mission is simple, to help teams get work done, faster and smarter. ... learn more about TaskadeVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialAvailableEntry Level Price$5 per Month
- All-in-one project management software for your growing business needs.
ProofHub is a SaaS-based project management software that comes with integrated Group chat, quick Discussions on projects, Workflow and boards, Project reports, and many more powerful features. It enables teams to collaborate and communicate over projects in an easy and flexible manner from one place. ... learn more about ProofHubVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$45 per Month
- Your workflows, structured & smarter.
Podio is a collaboration software & project management tool that helps teams communicate and organize things to facilitate the completion of tasks and projects. It does this through a system that puts content, context, and conversations in one place. So whether you’re working on a project or following up and closing a sales lead, you get everything related to the job on one page, making for easi... learn more about Podio"Podio is a great saas based tool"Jayraj Berde, Senior Business Process Manager at Webware
- Organize anything, your way.
Easy and fast to plan, organize, and track all your projects. Lumeer gives you super-easy visual project management. Everyone knows what to do next, why it is important, and how to do it. Remove unnecessary synchronization meetings, endless email threads, and confusing spreadsheets. Extreme flexibility gives anyone the freedom to create the perfect workflow, manage and track your progress. Flexibi... learn more about Lumeer"Flexible Project Management"Martin VečeřaVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialAvailableEntry Level Price$7.89 per Month
- Manage your tasks and improve your productivity.
TaskUnifier is a task management application which enables you to create and organize your tasks. It is an application which you can install on Windows, Mac, and Linux.... learn more about TaskUnifier
- Do the work that matters, faster.
Hygger is a simple, flexible, cost-effective solution to take your team collaboration to the next level. From managing tasks to reporting, time and progress tracking, Hygger has everything a team may need to move the project forward. Based on Agile, Lean and Kanban, Hygger stands for visibility, empowerment, effective communication, and increased product value. ... learn more about Hygger
- The resource management platform to plan your team's best work
Float is a resource management platform used by teams big and small (from 5 to 5,000+). Manage your capacity on autopilot with direct calendar integrations, custom work hours, and public holidays. Plan projects with precision by adding phases and budgets. Assign tasks quickly with easy-to-use scheduling tools. Forecast budgets and resources with powerful reporting. Track your team¿s time to monit... learn more about FloatVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$6 per Month
- Tame your work, organize your life
Evernote helps you regain control of your day so you can focus on what matters most.Evernote helps you capture and prioritize ideas, projects, and to-do lists, so nothing falls through the cracks. Remember everything and tackle any project with your notes, tasks, and schedule all in one place. ... learn more about Evernote"We are using Evernote since more than a decade"Brady Patterson
- Productive Work and Inspiring Management.
GoodDay is a modern work management platform that brings together the best tools for high-level planning, project and product management, task organization, and productivity growth based on transparency, agility, and motivation. We built easy-to-use software based on the key principles of modern management science and positive psychology. With GoodDay, effective management happens naturally. GoodD... learn more about GoodDay"The interface is clean and easy to use"Michael Rewers, Sales & Marketing Director at BlogerioVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$4 per Month
- Stay Organized Stay Creative.
TickTick is a cross-platform and collaborative to-do app that has a few neat features suited to the Getting Things Done method of working. You can create custom task views, for example, and there's an inbox for jotting down anything that pops into your head.... learn more about TickTickVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$27.99 per Year
- Accomplish more every day.
OmniFocus is powerful task management software for busy professionals. With tools to help tame the chaos, you can focus on the right tasks at the right time. OmniFocus makes it simple to capture tasks from anywhere. And because it’s deeply integrated with Apple devices, OmniFocus becomes a seamless part of your workflow. ... learn more about OmniFocusVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Simple work management for small teams
Easy-to-use visual planning tool for project management. Plan project steps on a colorful timeline and have a clear overview of when things need to be done. Use boards view to follow up on task statuses. Change of plans? The simple drag-and-drop interface makes flexible planning easy.... learn more about Toggl Plan"Amazing tracking performance Software"Nerijus Grenda, CEO at GoodluckmateVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$9 per Month
- Project Management Success, Made Easy.
BrightWork is the most flexible project management solution with best-practice templates and portfolio management dashboards on SharePoint.BrightWork guarantees greater simplicity for project managers, immediate visibility and control for senior executives, and a path to continuous project management improvement and greater success. ... learn more about BrightWork
- See what you can achieve!
todo.vu is a productivity suite delivering a unique blend of CRM, task management, time tracking, and billing functionality. todo.vu is ideal for freelancers, consultants, and teams of any size who strive to achieve improved efficiency, quality, and transparency. todo. vu is the right tool for you whether you’re a consultant, contractor or freelancer, or small agency needing to track work across... learn more about todo.vu"Full-fledged control panel"Caroline Lee, Co-Founder at CocoSignVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$9 per Month
- Reach new levels of productivity
Hubstaff Tasks is agile project management software that helps your team do more with less. Hubstaff Tasks is based on Agile Methodology, which has been proven to enhance team collaboration and communication. Get more done with Hubstaff Tasks, a streamlined Agile project management tool. Automated kanban-style workflows. Visual boards and columns allow you to keep work moving in the right directio... learn more about Hubstaff Tasks
- Free, easy and clear project management.
Agantty is everything that most project management tools. All those things were important to us and we missed them in most of the solutions we found out there. With this free project management tool, you can organize and plan an unlimited amount of projects, tasks, and teams on the basis of a Gantt-chart. You can administer an unlimited amount of teams and tasks with a single account, as well as l... learn more about Agantty
- Simple Project Management Software
ProProfs Project is a delightfully smart yet simple-to-use project management software that helps organizations reach their deliverable goals efficiently. Project teams, no matter which sector they belong to, can easily meet their set deadlines faster by putting project calendar to use. And in case you have a big remote team to deal with, then collaborating with them in real-time becomes simpler w... learn more about ProProfs Project"Simple yet powerful PM tool"Nimit Choudhary, Technical Project Manager at IBMVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$2 per Month
- Be Organized. Making Work Easy and Achievable.
TaskOPad is an end-to-end task management software and app that aims bring all your daily work and tasks on one platform thereby helping stay on the top of things and making you more productive! TaskOPad is a simply solution to project management software & task management app, work assignments. Stay on the top of things and get a bird eye view of all the tasks that have been assigned to your team... learn more about TaskOPad"Better connecting with employees and time saving"Amit GuptaVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$2.49 per Month
- Easy way of handling teams, projects, tasks & clients.
A Cost effective Project Management Software that aims to make life easier. Talk on Task's innovative features like Time tracking, Interactive chatting, Task based chatting, Project reporting etc makes it standout amongst other competitors in the market. It has a unique chat system where you can chat about specific tasks, with individual users or on specific projects as per your requirements.... learn more about Talk on TaskVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$13.5 per Month
- Agile project management, and team collaboration made for Google Workspace.
Kanbanchi for G Suite is the only online project management / task management / collaboration software with Kanban Board, Gantt Chart and Time Tracker. Build a transparent workflow and collaborate on tasks in real time. See how tasks relate in time and visually adjust the sсhedules. Track the time spent on tasks and gauge your team’s productivity. See how you cope with tasks and learn what may ... learn more about KanbanchiVISIT WEBSITEFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$7.95 per Month
- Pair your tasks with the goals behind them.
Online weekly planner that makes you effective rather than just productive. 1. Clarify your vision 2. Break it down into goals 3. Write down week plans 4. Schedule your plan into your calendar when possible Align your day to day with your end vision.... learn more about Week PlanVISIT WEBSITEFree Trial1 daysEntry Level Price$156 per Year
- A task manager and project management tool for everyone.
Easynote is a 100% free task manager / project management tool created with simplicity in mind. It offers tons of great features such as unlimited projects, unlimited task, file attachments, task dependecy, deadlines, team collaboration, notications, file manager, calendar, activity and much much more. Easynote will help you stay more organized and focus on your primary work! Our users love Easyno... learn more about Easynote
- Introduction to Task Management Buyer's Guide
- What is task management?
- What are the different approaches to task management?
- Why is the task management system critical?
- What is task management software?
- What are the essential features of task management software?
- Why do businesses need task management solutions?
- How to organize and prioritize your tasks using task management software?
- How to use online task management software to increase employee productivity?
- What are the latest trends in task management software?
- How to choose the right task management software?
- What is the average cost of task management software?
- Why refer to GoodFirms’ list of top task management software?
Introduction to Task Management Buyer's Guide
The buyer’s guide to task management software is intended to provide profound understanding and knowledge to the users regarding managing, sharing, and tracking project tasks. Businesses today have the facility to automate processes that are concerned with making, allocating, prioritizing, and monitoring the tasks and functions of the project with an efficient task management tool. This process helps in enhancing the efficiency of the team and allows the members of the company to complete the projects on time.
In this buyer's guide on the task management system, you will get accustomed to the features and importance of task management software. The guide helps you in focusing on the critical points that should be considered before buying the task management software for your business.
What is task management?
Task Management is the practice that helps in managing the entire lifecycle of the task, which includes the process of task creation, planning, tracking, assignment, reporting, and execution. The team leader tracks the job throughout its life cycle and, based on the progress, makes the decisions. The management can analyze the overall efficiency of an individual, department, and organization with the help of the reports. The task management process makes use of software tools to carry out its process efficiently and smoothly.
What are the different approaches to task management?
The task management system is approached in various ways by different types of companies. The different kinds of approaches to task management are created to help different types of teams like marketing, software development, or business development. You can make use of the below-mentioned approaches to task management to meet the requirements of your organization:
- Agile – It serves as an iterative approach that allows teams to ship faster and more often. The customer gets the value sooner through quick deployments. In less time, the teams can complete more tasks. The tasks are always up-to-date in this type of approach, so there is less wastage of resources.
- Waterfall – It is also known as a phased approach and is apt for smaller organizations that have well-defined projects. This type of approach breaks down the project into distinct and sequential phases. At the enterprise level, you can evaluate the strategies with this type of plan as it believes in providing a solid foundation of project-level data.
- Scrum- This approach is based on the agile framework that helps in preventing delays in the product launch. It focuses on team collaboration and saves a lot of time and money for the company. The scrum master facilitates the scrum sessions (sprints), and these sessions occur within the time frame of 1-3 weeks.
- Kanban- Kanban approach organizes tasks and keeps track of it. This approach serves as a useful tool that helps in identifying bottlenecks. It delivers quicker results and believes in offering a transparent view of the status of the task.
- Lean – This type of approach focuses on the theme of efficiency. Lean addresses the three (3Ms) dysfunctions that create waste- Muda, which is about eradicating trash, Mura, which eliminates variations, and Muri that removes overload. It is a helpful approach at the time of reviewing the project delivery process.
“The task of management is to make people capable of joint performance, to make their strengths effective and their weaknesses irrelevant.”
By Peter Drucker
Why is the task management system critical?
The Task Management system is a system that enables an organization to complete its task on time with less wastage and a better outcome. Have a look at the following reasons:
- Task management solutions allow you to organize, allocate, and prioritize tasks.
- You can set up objectives and milestones collectively to deal with deadlines by employing a task management system.
- Task management allows you to split up the problematic tasks into small deliverables, which you can administer with minor difficulty.
- The owners or managers can identify who among their teams are performing the best with the help of the task management solution.
- Every member of the team gets the complete picture of the operations or the project of the company. Concerning the company’s goals and objectives, the team gets a better understanding of everyone’s work.
What is task management software?
Task management software is a tool that allows team members and team leaders to track the task all through its lifecycle. This process facilitates team members to make decisions based on progress. The task management tool makes use of many functions like task creation, task planning, task assignment, task tracking, and task reporting to organize and manage tasks effectively.
What are the essential features of task management software?
The task management app should have the following features, which, in turn, help in enhancing the efficiency and improving the productivity of the organization:
- Task Planning – The online task management software allows you to plan your tasks so that there can be a smooth execution of the functions. Through a structured approach, you can break down the work into stages based on the budget, resources, scope, and timeline. The best task management software allows you to break down your work into simpler tasks that can be managed effortlessly. As per the requirement, you can organize and prioritize your tasks.
- Task Assignment- After planning the tasks, the online task management tools delegate the tasks to different team members. Anyone can divide a project or assign the task from their home screen, and there is no need to wait for the admin to set up the tasks for the team. In your system, all users should be able to assign tasks to one another by using a personal task management app.
- Task prioritization- The task tracking software should be able to rank tasks in terms of importance. Prioritizing tasks can help with procrastination. There are ample things on the to-do list, so the functionality of task prioritization helps in deciding what tasks are required to be done at the earliest. It allows managers to determine their priorities.
- Centrally-controlled security permission- The administrator can centrally control the security permission with the help of the best task management tool. The company can keep the client information guardedly due to the feature of security permissions. At a team or project level, the administrator can avoid conflict of interest.
- Track Status – The task tracker feature in the task management software allows you to keep track of the status of each task, which in turn helps in identifying the bottlenecks. There are many tasks on the board, and without the feature of track status, it’s tough to manage all the tasks efficiently.
- Notifications- The task planning software should be able to notify you whenever there is a need for your action. The information can be sent on the mobile app as they are handy, and you can easily access it from any location. In some free task management software, there is the facility of ready-made email templates that notifies for important information.
- Reporting and Analyzing- The team task management application should be able to report about the task progress to avoid deadlines and make the task management more efficient and well–organized. The task management software should be able to analyze the performance of each employee from the gathered data, which ultimately results in recuperating the overall efficiency of the team.
- Integrations- The task management app should be able to work with other integrations so that your organization can be more productive. You cannot make use of task management solutions to their full potential without the support of other services. You can choose the best task management software that fits your team’s needs appropriately.
The other essential features that should be considered in the online task management software are:
- Task editing and updating- Based on the resources, the task can be edited and updated.
- Task tagging - The labels and tags are created for tasks and sub-tasks to organize and categorize. You can add context and can collect assignment-related information.
- Time tracking- Based on the assigned tasks, the task management tool can track collective time spent by all the stakeholders.
- Make sub-tasks- At a micro level, you can split tasks into smaller, actionable sub-tasks to carry out and manage tasks.
- Recurring task management- Businesses can be prevented from rescheduling redundant work by this functionality.
- Task Progress tracking- Throughout the lifecycle, the task progress is tracked. It monitors the key performance indicators.
- Chat Systems- The inbuilt chat systems in the online task management tools allow users to communicate with other members of the team.
- File Management- The files and documents can be managed quickly and assigned to the required tasks with the task management app.
- Calendar- The task tracking software can easily sync your calendar with important dates and deadlines for the project.
- Collaboration – The task planning software should be able to handle team collaboration. It should be able to share the vital document in time and with ease.
Why do businesses need task management solutions?
The task management app provides valuable benefits that help in completing all the phases of your projects. The businesses need task management software due to the following reasons:
- Improves teamwork – The team task management system centralizes activity and information in one place. The team members get encouraged with the input of the colleagues on specific tasks, which in turn helps in increasing productivity. Throughout the team, it allows increasing the level of collaboration as shared ideas can be accessed at any time.
- Improve Productivity and increase efficiency – The online task management tools take care of the daily tasks so the team members can get more time to accomplish the other types of crucial business-related work, which helps in improving productivity. Due to productivity improvement, there will be increased efficiency. You can have time to focus on increasing sales or can even attract new clients.
- Centralize Activity- The task tracking software allows the team members to monitor all client activity throughout the team. It eliminates the tedious requirement for multiple passwords and accounts and integrates all events in one place. The task tracker enhances the efficiency of the work, which is carried out daily by removing the risk of information being deleted or lost.
- Track time requirements- The task tracking software records and monitors the time that each employee spends on a task. It checks the efficiency of the team members working in the team and tracks the time-specific tasks that are dealt with in the client’s project. The team is more likely to adopt the built-in time tracking feature as they don’t have to download any other apps. This feature also helps in sharing the workload of the team members.
- Assists remote working – The task planning software allows teams to become more flexible by providing the remote working facility. This application provides indispensable abilities like collaboration, communication, budget tracking, time tracking, delegation, and file sharing to the teams that work remotely.
- Reliable and Secure – The team task management application provides restricted access to the projects. All the information is shared with the authorized person, so this system helps in preventing the crime of data hacking and criminal offense. Businesses can rely on the task management app as all the information on the project is shared with the persons working on it along with the manager.
- Team Collaboration – The online task management software allows multiple users to share everything from updates to timelines and documents while working on the project. The employees need to collaborate on the projects so that tasks get completed on time and without any errors. The task management system brings collaboration among team members.
- Share Calendar and event Scheduling- The best task management software includes the feature of a shared calendar. The team calendar helps the team and its members to schedule meetings and other collective events with their customers and business partners. It enables booking resources along with automated meeting schedules.
- Reporting and real-time outline of the team’s work- The task management tool helps in creating task reports with the help of reporting tools. It helps in collecting the previously inserted work data. You can have an idea about the completed work along with the performance of the team members from these reports. KPI (Key Performance Indicator) dashboard displays the essential metrics and graphs that help in viewing the progress of the teamwork.
Other benefits of task management software:
- Enhances customer satisfaction
- Optimizes decision making
- Facilitates better communication between the team and with the clients
- Document Sharing
- Internal and external communication
- Budget Management
- Collaborate on Projects
- Make task delegation easy
- Distribute Workload
- Notify team members about overdue tasks
- Automate recurring tasks creation
- Provide visible HITs (High Impact Tasks)
- Add subtasks to more significant tasks
- Creates separate workspace for each group
How to organize and prioritize your tasks using task management software?
You can organize and prioritize your task with the help of a task management tool in the following ways:
- List the tasks- Create a list of the tasks which you need to perform. You can make a list based on the priorities. Pull together the things which you think should be done in a day, or this week or fortnight.
- Classify the task based on importance and urgency- You can identify the assignment based on significance and need. Scan your list of tasks to know if there are any tasks that require immediate attention. If there is any task that involves urgency, then you have to complete it ASAP so that you don’t have to face any severe adverse consequences in the future.
- Meet the criteria of the tasks- You can qualify the tasks which highly depend on your organization. If the task impacts a huge number of people, then it should be taken as a high priority.
- Order tasks by estimated effort- You should evaluate the task based on the duration that it takes to complete. Some tasks require minutes to be completed; others require hours or maybe days. Make sure the tasks that take a longer time to complete should be considered first.
- Cut the unnecessary chore – Whatever task you have prioritized in the list, make sure you complete it, and the remaining job, which is not essential, you can cut it, or you can add it into your task backlog. The crucial tasks are needed to be focused on a priority basis. You can get back to your task backlog at your convenience.
If you have plenty of tasks list, then you can prioritize the tasks so that you can manage your tasks without any chaos. The two main types of priorities based on which you can prioritize your task are:
- Time-based priorities- This type includes the functions which have to be completed before the set end date. It can fall under the category of the past due date, today, tomorrow, this week, this month, this year, or later.
- Urgency-based priorities- This type covers the category of urgent (critical), high, medium (normal), or low. These types of priorities help you in reaching a goal.
How to use online task management software to increase employee productivity?
The task management software can boost employee productivity, which in turn helps in creating a more productive work environment. The ways to increase employee productivity:
- Keep the team answerable and well-versed – The task management solutions assign tasks to individuals and set deadlines. Everyone can make out what exactly is to be done and be held responsible for getting it done.
- Delegate work effectively – The task tracking software can effortlessly delegate the work to multiple team members on one project and can even assign different due dates. The team’s performance can be high if its work is well-managed.
- Track growth and avoid obstruction- The task tracker allows you to observe how your team is productive. In one place, you can track the progress of individual team members along with the projects. To have maximum productivity, you can assign tasks by having a good overview of everyone’s workload along with the project timelines with the help of task management software.
- Schedule and assign tasks in the calendar- You can schedule and plan out projects and events along with actionable tasks assigned in the calendar with the help of a task management tool. In this way, all the employees know their roles and can see their deadlines in the project.
- Easy employee onboarding- The integration of the task management system into the company’s onboarding allows managers to create or upload training courses and materials at a low cost. These training courses are then distributed to the employees’ smartphones and are used to test for job readiness. The executives that make use of task management applications can set their employees up for success.
- Effortless employee communication – Online task management tools make staff communication smoother, which ultimately improves staff productivity. The managers can easily share the information with the entire team. The staff members can collaborate effectively, which in turn can soar employee productivity.
The best task manager provides useful tools that help the employees gain success through communication, onboarding, feedback, and monitoring.
What are the latest trends in task management software?
The latest trends in the task management system are:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation- In task management solutions, there is an impact of AI and automation to perform daily tasks. Simple tasks can be automated and can obtain performance insights.
- Widespread Agile Project management- It increases efficiency, improves marketability, and reduces risks by allowing more flexible and consumer-driven control of projects. You will find that this system is becoming more and more frequently used and integrated into other methodologies.
- Increasing Business Value of “Soft Skills”- Soft skills are essential in a team task management system. The family of social skills includes the traits of emotional intelligence and expertise in coordination, teaching, and negotiating, which are becoming essential in many fields of work.
- Cybersecurity- You can secure your task management methodologies and strategies from an online threat with cybersecurity functionality. Cybersecurity can acquire data by serving as a highly protected firewall.
- IoT (Internet of Things)- From data collection to team collaboration, the IoT bisects with task management strategy. The manual intervention can be reduced with the involvement of IoT in a task management system as all the tasks can be managed automatically.
- Remote teams- The task manager is proceeding ahead with the investment of a remote team system that helps in promoting effective communication over the full range of platforms. If the remote teams are managed effectively with the proper set of management tools, then it turns out to be more productive.
- Data and Analytics- In the nearing future, the task management analytic tools are going to be more of a cloud-based structure. It will help in collecting real-time data and can reflect the results more precisely.
- Project Managers in demand- The task managers are becoming famous due to increasing pressure to innovate, adapt to change, and achieve strategic growth, which in turn helps in driving change, delivering innovation, and implementing strategic initiatives.
The other emerging styles which can be observed in task management systems are:
- Open-ended results can deliver better benefits
- Hybrid Approach
- PMO (Project Management Office)
- Kanban Boards
- Lifelong learning
- Targeted Innovation
- Data-driven Presentation
- Enterprise Integration and Coordination
- Risk Analytics
- Enhanced Reporting and Data
- Cross-Company Collaboration
- Flexible Workflows
- More collaborative workspaces
- Advances in Timekeeping and resource management
- Real-Time Data
- Predictions and Simulations
- Upskilling and certification
How to choose the right task management software?
In an organization, every team and project is different, so there are no fixed criteria to pick the right task management software for your business. You can follow the below-mentioned following points to make the appropriate decision:
- Ease of use – The simple task management app can be operated efficiently due to its simpler features and interfaces. The Task management teams can work efficiently with a simple interface that combines powerful features. The task management tool can be customized as per the requirements.
- Find out your must-have features – Make sure that your task tracking software has the essential elements of the project management system along with other software integrations. You can survey your team leads to find out which task management system would be valuable to your business needs.
- Available Budget and Cost –Be clear about the requirements along with the available budget, which you can spend in buying a task tracker system. It is crucial to consider the cost of the task management software and think about whether you are getting the value for your money.
- Data Security- Prefer the well-developed and highly secure task management system so that you can keep your project works safe from hackers. Make sure that your task management software, along with task data security, is handled with proper care by a vendor.
- Collaboration – The online task management software should be able to provide an environment for the employees where they can collaborate better. With collaboration, teamwork can be encouraged and motivates the team to complete the task timely.
- Cloud-based – The majority of businesses are using a cloud-based task management system so that team members get the central workspace, which can be accessed anytime and anywhere. You can have reliable access and low-maintenance technology with a cloud-based system. It is a cost-efficient way that will help you in saving your precious money.
- Integration with other tools- You should evaluate different types of devices that integrate well with your task management system. Decide why, how, what level (tight or loose) of integration you are expecting with your task management tool.
- Dashboards- The clients can remain updated on project status with the help of a team dashboard. The stakeholders and sponsors can have details from the graphs, charts, visual metrics, and key performance indicators (KPI) displayed on the dashboard.
- Scheduling and Planning –. With a list of tasks on a spreadsheet, you can manage small projects. In large projects, you can visualize your timeline and know how the various deadlines and dependencies can impact each other in the project with the help of Gantt chart functionality. It helps you in visualizing the task list and project schedule.
- Check out the software reviews- You can compare the online task management software reviews to know about the best task management software. With the help of reliable reports, you can compare the functionalities of different types of task management tools available in the market. If you are into small businesses and have low budget costs, then the reviews can help you in finding out the best free task management software for your business.
What is the average cost of task management software?
Two main factors decide the cost of task management software- the first is the business size, and the other is the need for its operations. The cost of the task management software for small businesses is more reasonably priced as the core functionalities that a team would require mostly come in the basic plan of every task management system. On the other hand, large organizations prefer advanced strategies so that they can carry out their task management activities with more powerful features.
The cost of the online task management tools can start as low as $2.99/year (for example nTask) and can reach as high as $995/year approximately (for example JungleBell for SharePoint). If you are associated with small and start-up businesses, then you can try open-source and free task management software.
Why refer to GoodFirms’ list of top task management software?
GoodFirms carries out scrupulous research based on the latest market trends. This platform is growing steadily in terms of listing a broad range of categories along with authentic user reviews. Explore GoodFirms’ coverage to have an idea regarding the list of best task management software that serves your small business efficiently.
The list of best task management software will provide you with profound insights into the top-notch task management software available in the market. Before finalizing the best task management software for your business, do have a look at the list of top task management software.