Task Management Software
The power of digital transformation is now well-established and has been surging exponentially over the years. It has paved the way for many surprises, especially while managing all work and related interactions in a consolidated pattern. Adopting the best task management software can relieve the business owners, managers, and team members from the challenges of managing a multitude of tasks simultaneously.
What is Task Management Software?
Business operations involve numerous interconnected functions running concurrently. Task management is the process of managing and streamlining the complete lifecycle of these tasks or projects. A task management system is a set of automation tools designed to efficiently control this complex network of tasks from a single platform.
Why Does a Business Need Task Management Tools?
Deficiencies in task management can lead to delays, errors, miscommunication, lack of coordination, loss of data, process inefficiency, and employee dissatisfaction. It can significantly hamper the overall development of a business. Thus, businesses need a well-designed task management system that offers a unified platform to manage and coordinate various business tasks and functions efficiently.
How to Choose the Best Task Management Software?
The right project task management software for your business offers all the necessary features that your company needs, is user-friendly, earns positive feedback from other users, fits in your budget, and proves profitable with time.
GoodFirms has done comprehensive research and invested considerable time analyzing all aspects of task management to summarize this list of best task management software. To choose the right software for your business needs, you can leverage the filters for business size, features, pricing model, deployment type, and more. Browse through the list and explore the details of each task management software, including prominent features, reviews, and pricing information.
List of The Best Task Management Tools
List of The Best Task Management ToolsFilter
- Project & code management, together at last.
Backlog is the all-in-one online project management tool for task management, version control, and bug tracking. Bringing together the organizational benefits of project management with the power and convenience of code management, Backlog enhances team collaboration across organizations large and small. Plan work, track progress, and release code updates right in Backlog. Core features include su... learn more about BacklogVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$35 per Month
- Discover a better way to track time and get work done.
Intervals is simple, yet powerful time tracking and task management software with intelligent reporting. It provides collaboration, tracking, and reporting tools teams use to turn successful projects into a successful business. It is fully featured with the right features small teams need. Budget tracking, timesheets, document sharing, email integration, productivity reports, and other project man... learn more about IntervalsVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$29 per Month
- Productivity is at the Heart Of Every Organization
TaskQue is a smart cloud-based productivity enhancement software that helps you optimize your resource utilization in a way that maximizes productivity with its innovative task assignment process. In a connected world, where interdependencies exist in almost every sphere of life, you’re bound to interact with someone. They can be your team members, your clients, vendors, and other stakeholder... learn more about TaskQue
- Field Force Sales Automation CRM | Increase Sales Force Productivity
Field Force connect CRM empowers your field employees to easily generate, record, manage, and track leads and efficiently forecast their conversion probability. It comes with modules for collecting client data, reporting, sales insights, lead monitoring, and many more. Using Field Force connect CRM database, on-field sales teams can create successful strategies for lead conversions. Field Force co... learn more about Field Force Connect"Excellent application "Janak Jain, Executive Director at citimake builders pvt ltd
- Manage your Projects the Easy Way.
RationalPlan is a powerful project management software designed to help both teams and project managers to create consistent project plans, allocate resources and analyze workload, track work progress, estimate project costs and manage budgets. It offers an embedded project guide that follows Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) guidelines and takes users through each step of the project p... learn more about RationalPlanVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$4 per Month
- Innovative Case Management for SSD Firms
Dibcase is a premier cloud based software application for attorneys and claims practitioners needing a robust case management solution. With a special emphasis on the Social Security practice area, Dibcase will support additional practice areas and custom fields. Our custom practice areas and custom fields functionality allows you to tailor Dibcase to fit the needs of your practice.... learn more about Dibcase
- Projects Made Easy.
BVDash is a cloud-based project management solution designed for various industry verticals. The solution offers a dashboard that can be used by project teams to access various systems and tools. Key features include issue management, cost control, project scheduling, dashboards and more. ... learn more about BVDashVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$9.50 per Month
- Organize, plan and work together easily with your team to accomplish your tasks and projects.
With Beesbusy, teams organize, plan and work together easily to accomplish their tasks and projects. Project managers and teams love Beesbusy because of its user-friendly interface. It is the most simple way to organize your work. No set up needed, you can start right away. Beesbusy also comes with advanced features: Gantt charts, customizable multi-projects views, team planning charts, on-demand ... learn more about BeesbusyVisit websiteFree Trial7 daysEntry Level Price$11.99 per Month
- Project Management Software Built For Software Teams.
TaskBlast is project management software built for software teams with time tracking seamlessly integrated. Manage your projects and tasks the way you've always wanted. Manage your time tracking conveniently and quickly. Use the Gantt view to visually plan your projects. Engage your team members to collaborate and interact on your projects in a more versatile and friendly way, regardless of whethe... learn more about TaskBlast
- Manage All Your Tasks From One Place
TaskOnBot manages team tasks in a systematic way such that no loophole is ever created in your workplace. If you have TaskOnbot then you don’t need to leave Slack or any external app to manage your employees’ task & fulfill your project requirements. >> Real-Time Task Allocation >> Creates Positive Work Culture >> Notifies To Keep Updated >> Auto-Assign Recurring Tasks... learn more about TaskOnBot
- Spend less time on guesswork. And do more great work.
Asana helps you coordinate all the work your team does together. So everyone knows what needs to get done, who’s responsible for doing it, and when it’s due. ... learn more about Asana"Great Mgt Tool for SMB's"Susan Woodford, Director at urteam
- Flow is modern task and project management software for teams.
Flow’s flexible team project management software is designed for any project or workflow. Plan ahead, set priorities and track projects from start to finish. From simple checklists to kanban boards, we’ve got you covered. It helps you get organized, stay on track, and achieve more as a team.... learn more about FlowVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$6 per Month
- Task Management Made Delightfully Simple.
Hitask is a unique project and task manager for teams. It helps to focus on team collaboration, getting tasks done and manage an entire project. With Hitask you will complete projects faster and with less overhead. Hitask is task management software that removes the complexity from project management and puts you in control. With Hitask, you and your project team can quickly and easily set up new ... learn more about Hitask
- Work the way that works for you.
Monday.com is the new name of a product previously known as dapulse, namely one of the market’s leading collaboration and communication apps for teams. It syncs all information in a single, accessible hub, and empowers agents and team members to make important decisions together. monday.com is a powerful CRM platform that allows you to seamlessly manage all things CRM in one highly secure place.... learn more about monday.com"It had almost all of the features we wanted"Ryan O'Donoghue, Co-Founder and Head web developer at Rycob Media
- Trello lets you work more collaboratively and get more done.
Trello is a visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective on any project. Trello’s boards, lists, and cards enable you to organize and prioritize your personal and work life in a fun, flexible and rewarding way. ... learn more about Trello"Very creative software"Mary Ann Markowitz, As a MindSet/Life Coach/Executive Recruiter I help you breakthough mental barriers at Mary Ann Markowitz Coaching
- Project Management Software for Professionals.
ProjectManager.com’s award-winning project management system combines powerful project planning and scheduling features with collaboration tools for teams. Plan small projects with kanban boards, or plan long-term projects on the interactive Gantt chart. Adjust due dates with easy drag-and-drop scheduling. ProjectManager.com takes project planning to a whole new level. Get started today with a F... learn more about ProjectManagerVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$15 per Month
- Cloud-based Collaboration and Project Management Software
Online project management software to set priorities and align your team to work faster and smarter across your organization. The flexibility provided by Wrike enables multifunctional groups to collaborate and get things done effectively from a single location. The service allows you to schedule, prioritize, discuss, and keep track of both work and progress in real time — all with just a few cli... learn more about Wrike"I can control what each member can see"Gail Gardner, Small Business Marketing Strategist at GrowMapVisit websiteFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$9.80 per Month
- The only platform that can scale from a single project to end-to-end work management.
Smartsheet is intuitive online project management, collaboration & Gantt chart tool. It has a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, coupled with file sharing & workflow. Smartsheet enables teams to get work done fast and efficiently. We are a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, enabling organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more effi... learn more about Smartsheet"Fantastic Product"Amit Tiwari, Digital Marketing Expert at OTS SolutionsVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$14.00 per Month
- Free Online Task & Project Management Software for Teams
nTask is a free online Task Management and Intuitive Project Management Tool used by teams and professionals. With nTask, making checklists, managing projects, collaborating with project teams, scheduling meetings and more becomes easier than ever. The nTask project management module can help you streamline your project planning, resource management, task dependencies, financial summary and manag... learn more about nTask"OUTSTANDING!!!!"Saad NaseerVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$2.99 per Month
- Keep your teams, tasks, timelines & communication on an all-in-one platform.
Orangescrum is an all in one online collaborative work management software for teams of all sizes. Organize your projects, bring your teams and stay on top of your business! Orangescrum has cloud, cloud self-hosted & Open Source Enterprise editions with multiple features like Agile Scrum Project Management, Gantt chart, Time log, Kanban View, Daily Catch-Up, Recurring Tasks, Project& Task templat... learn more about OrangescrumVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$9 per Month
- Your company. United. Free. Unlimited. Online.
Bitrix24 is the leading free online CRM software used by over 8 million companies worldwide. It is available in cloud or on-premise with open source code access. Unlimited leads, deals, contacts, companies, quotes, invoices and appointment scheduling. The free plan also comes with email marketing and telephony. Advanced versions have sales and marketing automation, bulk SMS, campaign management an... learn more about Bitrix24""Hisham Balatiah, Founder at EIC - Engineers International CommunityVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- The most intuitive project and task management tool on the web.
MeisterTask is the most intuitive collaboration and task management tool on the web. It is built to give project administrators complete command and control over all stages and details of their projects. MeisterTask's Gantt-style Timeline feature helps project managers drive efficiency and keep their teams aligned. Assign and schedule tasks in calendar view to locate bottlenecks easily and ensure... learn more about MeisterTask"It is super easy to use and brings your productivity to new levels "Mario Pires
- The best project management software for any business.
Zoho Projects, our cloud-based project management software, helps you plan your projects, track work efficiently, and collaborate with your team, wherever they are. Zoho Projects is loaded with functions that improve team collaboration, making project monitoring easy, and enhancing your productivity and output. Plan your project activities, assign work, manage resources and collaborate with your t... learn more about Zoho Projects"Versatile, online alternative to Microsoft Project, with tons of customizations and workflow automations"Jaideep Tibrewala, Head of Product at Glide InvestVisit websiteFree Trial10 daysEntry Level Price$20.00 per Month
- Change the way you manage your business today.
Non-coding workflow software for business process modelling and management, workflow automation and productivity boost. Minimize dependency on IT and empower non-technical users to design, run and modify Workflows with drag-and-drop simplicity. ... learn more about Comindware TrackerVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level PriceContact Vendor
- Best sales and marketing CRM software.
Solid Performers CRM is one of the very few SAAS CRM Software which is capable of performing multiple functions which includes lead management, Lead Followup Management, Client Management, Client Followup management, Lead to Client Conversion in One Click, Proposal Management, Proforma Invoice Management, Invoice Management, Product Management, Finance Management, Project Management and many other... learn more about Solid Performers CRM"CRM which has got stuffs at a minimal investment"Super AdminVisit websiteFree Trial10 daysEntry Level Price$8 per Month
- Get it together and manage projects the right way.
Basecamp is more than just a project management tool — it’s a better way to work. Teams that switch to Basecamp are more productive and better organized. They communicate better and require fewer meetings. And they’re far more efficient than before. Here’s how Basecamp makes it happen. ... learn more about Basecamp"User-friendly and has everything you need"Peter Wilfahrt, Employeer at VersandgigantVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$99.00 per Month
- Project Management Software for Professionals.
Teamwork Projects has everything you need to track project management from start to finish. The flexibility, combined with the intuitive features the app offers mean your team will not only become better collaborators but they will massively increase their productivity on a daily basis.... learn more about Teamwork Projects"It does the job, kind of expensive but has lots of good features."McKay Salisbury, Founder/CEO at Five Star CommerceVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$10 per Month
- Align Marketing, Sales, and Support teams around single view of your customers.
EngageBay is a simple, affordable, all-in-one marketing automation software built for small businesses and startups to acquire, engage, nurture web visitors and convert them to happy customers. Acquire leads through lead generation forms and popups, engage web visitors through beautiful landing pages, nurture them through engaging emails and automate your marketing funnel through marketing automat... learn more about EngageBay"Automate posting at affordable price"Bea Lumayag
- Organize life then go enjoy it.
Todoist is one of the most popular to-do apps on the market today. It comes loaded with great features that help boost productivity as well as organize tasks and set schedules and deadlines. What makes Todoist so popular is its plethora of apps and plugins for laptops, desktops, mobile devices, emails, and browsers. ... learn more about Todoist"Excellent product"Nick James, MBA, Consultant at Thorium Infolytics
- Organize anything, with anyone, from anywhere.
Airtable is a database management solution designed for teams, organizations, and businesses of all sizes. Equipped with organization and collaboration functionalities and capabilities, Airtable serves as a very flexible and mobile-friendly database management solution. ... learn more about Airtable"Brillaint program"Robin Jennings, Director at We Push ButtonsVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$10 per Month
- The all-in-one work time tracker for managing field or remote teams.
Hubstaff time tracking software is used by over 10,000 teams across the world that want to achieve more. Track work hours, pay team members, invoice clients, see in-depth reporting, and more through our web dashboard, desktop, and mobile apps. Hubstaff’s employee time tracking software allows your team to track work hours spent on every single project and task. Anyone can easily start and stop t... learn more about Hubstaff"Great staffing tool"Debleena DesVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$7 per Month
- Be Organized. Making Work Easy and Achievable.
TaskOPad is an end-to-end task management software and app that aims bring all your daily work and tasks on one platform thereby helping stay on the top of things and making you more productive! TaskOPad is a simply solution to project management software & task management app, work assignments. Stay on the top of things and get a bird eye view of all the tasks that have been assigned to your t... learn more about TaskOPad"they are on to something significant"Mitesh modhVisit websiteFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$1.49 per Month
- Project management software your team will love.
ProWorkflow is an online project management software that enables you to keep accurate time-keeping records, organize, plan, and delegate jobs and tasks whilst using the timeline to have an overview of company activity. The information ProWorkflow collects allows you to measure and analyze your company performance so that you can streamline profit margins and show meaningful direction via our stro... learn more about ProWorkflow"A solid software for small ad or creative agencies"Haresh Pansuriya, Digital Marketing Lead at iQlance SolutionsVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$20 per Month
- All-in-one workspace.
Notion is an application that provides components such as notes, databases, kanban boards, wikis, calendars and reminders. Users can connect these components to create their own systems for knowledge management, note taking, data management, project management, among others. A new tool that blends your everyday work apps into one. It's the all-in-one workspace for you and your team. Write, plan, c... learn more about Notion"A perfect management tool"Gintaras Steponkus, Marketing Manager at Solid Guides
- All your work in one place.
ClickUp is an all-in-one project management software that enables organizations to manage requirements, create documents, chat with colleagues, set goals, and track projects. Brimming with features like process, task, and time management, ClickUp offers mind maps, reports, forms, dashboards, and communication tools like email and messaging. ... learn more about Clickup"Offers a very big bang for its buck"Shaan Nicol, CEO & Founder at ChillyBin Web Design
- Your workflows, structured & smarter.
Podio is a collaboration software & project management tool that helps teams communicate and organize things to facilitate the completion of tasks and projects. It does this through a system that puts content, context, and conversations in one place. So whether you’re working on a project or following up and closing a sales lead, you get everything related to the job on one page, making for easi... learn more about Podio"Podio is a great saas based tool"Jayraj Berde, Senior Business Process Manager at Webware
- The easiest way to manage team projects and tasks.
Agilean is a SaaS enterprise workflow management and project management software solution that is basically created to be used by IT enterprises. The main features of Agilean include project planning, execution & monitor, SCRUM and KANBAN board, impediments and response plan, stand up meeting automation, release management, retrospective analysis, and visualized reports. ... learn more about Agilean"Productive application for team projects"Swapnil Gaikwad, Software Engineer at AurionproVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$5.00 per Month
- All-in-One CRM Software, Sales Enablement + Marketing Automation + Customer Service.
Agile CRM is a robust cloud-based customer relationship management software that integrates core functionalities of sales, marketing, service, and web engagement platforms into a single unified solution. Trusted by thousands of small to medium businesses across multiple industries, Agile CRM offers a massive set of features including project management, contact management, scheduling, sales and ma... learn more about Agile CRM""Michael DeLon, President, Paperback Expert | Positioning Experts for Business Growth at Paperback ExpertVisit websiteFree TrialN/AEntry Level Price$8.99 per Month
- Powerful, yet simple project management tool.
ActiveCollab is the project management software that gives you complete control over your work. It is a flexible project management tool for managing your projects with plenty of neat add-ons. It runs in the cloud like most browser apps today, but you can also install it on your own server.... learn more about ActiveCollab"Must use this platform!"Hammy Havoc, CEO at Split An AtomVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$6.25 per Month
- Implementing kanban method
Wekan is an open-source kanban board which allows a card-based task and to-do management. Wekan allows creating Boards, on which Cards can be moved around between a number of Columns. Wekan has Import from Trello, Swimlanes, Custom Fields, Templates, Rules similar to Trello Butler, etc.... learn more about Wekan"Flexible kanban tool"Jon Tailor
- Online project management solution.
GanttPRO is online Gantt chart software that helps to create, schedule, and manage projects of any complexity. GanttPro is a professional project management software. It lays out a simple, attractive, and intuitive interface for keeping a track of tasks, resources, and dependencies. It lets you plan, arrange, and manage tasks and projects. Being online, you can access and operate it remotely. You ... learn more about GanttPRO"Awesome tool"Sagi RodinVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$8.90 per Month
- Manage your Projects from Idea to Result.
KeepSolid Goals empowers businesses to move faster and achieve its objectives by planning and performing tasks with a single global goal in mind. Set strategic Goals with Mind Maps. Break down your Goals into Tasks. Visualize Goals and Tasks with Roadmaps. Track Task completion in Kanban. Boost your team collaboration with KeepSolid Goals.... learn more about Goals"Very useful for a team "Arine MichaelsVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$7.97 per Month
- Most intutive OKR sofware
Profit.co's OKR software helps your organisation in executing your strategies using an OKR centric approach. Profit.co allows you to iterate faster using the Plan-Execute-Engage-Learn cycle every quarter. You can plan and align OKRs at the beginning of the quarter, track your execution with weekly check-ins and reviews, promote high levels of employee engagement using our collaborative features, ... learn more about Profit.co"Best HR software"Aman Kumar
- Workload and project planning for everyone.
Toggl Plan lets you keep important information all in one place, always accessible to stakeholders. Whether you're planning for next week or your next big project, you'll have a clear visual overview of what needs to be done when. Add checklists and memos, upload files, set milestones, and assign tasks to multiple people to make collaboration quick and easy.... learn more about Toggl Plan"Amazing tracking performance Software"Nerijus Grenda, CEO at GoodluckmateVisit websiteFree Trial14 daysEntry Level Price$8 per Month
- Work gets better on the same page.
Samepage transforms the way business teams work together.Imagine all your team’s files, tasks, conversations and shared content in one place. Create a page in minutes, then connect and collaborate instantly. No exaggeration.Easy to create. Easy to use. Easy to succeed.Samepage makes it easy to get more done – efficiently and effectively. Built-in file sharing and sync mean your content travels... learn more about Samepage"Provides all the features that small business needs"Werner Jorgensen, Marketing & Sales Manager at HeatxpertsVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$7.50 per Month
- Simple Project Management Software
ProProfs Project is a delightfully smart yet simple-to-use project management software that helps organizations reach their deliverable goals efficiently. Project teams, no matter which sector they belong to, can easily meet their set deadlines faster by putting project calendar to use. And in case you have a big remote team to deal with, then collaborating with them in real-time becomes simpler w... learn more about ProProfs Project"Simple yet powerful PM tool"Nimit Choudhary, Technical Project Manager at IBMVisit websiteFree Trial15 daysEntry Level Price$2 per Month
- Work happy. Work better.
Paymo is a modern project management app, that allows small and medium project-based businesses to manage their projects from start to finish. Having the required functionality in just one app eliminates the need and struggle to work with and learn to use several apps, ensuring a seamless workflow throughout the entire life cycle of a project.... learn more about Paymo"Easy for our team to track their hours which is the goal!"Tessa (Carroll) Wuertz, Director of Marketing & Agency Partnerships at efelle creative
- All-in-one project management software for your growing business needs.
ProofHub is a superpower for project managers who are always in search of project management tools that provide all-in-one solutions to plan, organize, collaborate, assign, execute, and launch a project successfully. This tool has all the features that your team may require to deliver a timely output. If you are looking forward to something that helps you in delivering work in an easy, fast, and s... learn more about ProofHubVisit websiteFree Trial30 daysEntry Level Price$89.00 per Month
- Project management made easy. The right tool at the right time.
Zenkit is an online project management system that is simple, user-friendly, and clutter-free. It is designed to simplify the way project managers handle all aspects of their projects, from task management, scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, and reporting to name some. Zenkit is built to streamline all tasks, facilitate communication and collaboration between individuals and teams, and en... learn more about Zenkit
- Introduction to Task Management Buyer's Guide
- What is task management?
- What are the different approaches to task management?
- Why is the task management system critical?
- What is task management software?
- What are the essential features of task management software?
- Why do businesses need task management solutions?
- How to organize and prioritize your tasks using task management software?
- How to use online task management software to increase employee productivity?
- What are the latest trends in task management software?
- How to choose the right task management software?
- What is the average cost of task management software?
- Why refer to GoodFirms’ list of top task management software?
Introduction to Task Management Buyer's Guide
The buyer’s guide to task management software is intended to provide profound understanding and knowledge to the users regarding managing, sharing, and tracking project tasks. Businesses today have the facility to automate processes that are concerned with making, allocating, prioritizing, and monitoring the tasks and functions of the project with an efficient task management tool. This process helps in enhancing the efficiency of the team and allows the members of the company to complete the projects on time.
In this buyer's guide on the task management system, you will get accustomed to the features and importance of task management software. The guide helps you in focusing on the critical points that should be considered before buying the task management software for your business.
What is task management?
Task Management is the practice that helps in managing the entire lifecycle of the task, which includes the process of task creation, planning, tracking, assignment, reporting, and execution. The team leader tracks the job throughout its life cycle and, based on the progress, makes the decisions. The management can analyze the overall efficiency of an individual, department, and organization with the help of the reports. The task management process makes use of software tools to carry out its process efficiently and smoothly.
What are the different approaches to task management?
The task management system is approached in various ways by different types of companies. The different kinds of approaches to task management are created to help different types of teams like marketing, software development, or business development. You can make use of the below-mentioned approaches to task management to meet the requirements of your organization:
- Agile – It serves as an iterative approach that allows teams to ship faster and more often. The customer gets the value sooner through quick deployments. In less time, the teams can complete more tasks. The tasks are always up-to-date in this type of approach, so there is less wastage of resources.
- Waterfall – It is also known as a phased approach and is apt for smaller organizations that have well-defined projects. This type of approach breaks down the project into distinct and sequential phases. At the enterprise level, you can evaluate the strategies with this type of plan as it believes in providing the solid foundation of project-level data.
- Scrum- This approach is based on the agile framework that helps in preventing delays in the product launch. It focuses on team collaboration and saves a lot of time and money for the company. The scrum master facilitates the scrum sessions (sprints), and these sessions occur within the time frame of 1-3 weeks.
- Kanban- Kanban approach organizes tasks and keeps track of it. This approach serves as a useful tool that helps in identifying bottlenecks. It delivers quicker results and believes in offering a transparent view of the status of the task.
- Lean – This type of approach focuses on the theme of efficiency. Lean addresses the three (3Ms) dysfunctions that create waste- Muda, which is about eradicating trash, Mura, that eliminates variations, and Muri that removes overload. It is a helpful approach at the time of reviewing the project delivery process.
“The task of management is to make people capable of joint performance, to make their strengths effective and their weaknesses irrelevant.”
By Peter Drucker
Why is the task management system critical?
The Task Management system is a system that enables an organization to complete its task on time with less wastage and a better outcome. Have a look at the following reasons:
- Task management solutions allow you to organize, allocate, and prioritize tasks.
- You can set up objectives and milestones collectively to deal with deadlines by employing a task management system.
- Task management allows you to split up the problematic tasks into small deliverables, which you can administer with minor difficulty.
- The owners or managers can identify who among their teams are performing the best with the help of the task management solution.
- Every member of the team gets the complete picture of the operations or the project of the company. Concerning the company’s goals and objectives, the team gets a better understanding of everyone’s work.
What is task management software?
Task management software is a tool that allows team members and team leaders to track the task all through its lifecycle. This process facilitates team members to make decisions based on progress. The task management tool makes use of many functions like task creation, task planning, task assignment, task tracking, and task reporting to organize and manage tasks effectively.
What are the essential features of task management software?
The task management app should have the following features, which, in turn, help in enhancing the efficiency and improving the productivity of the organization:
- Task Planning – The online task management software allows you to plan your tasks so that there can be a smooth execution of the functions. Through a structured approach, you can break down the work into stages based on the budget, resources, scope, and timeline. The best task management software allows you to break down your work into simpler tasks that can be managed effortlessly. As per the requirement, you can organize and prioritize your tasks.
- Task Assignment- After planning the tasks, the online task management tools delegate the tasks to different team members. Anyone can divide a project or assign the task from their home screen, and there is no need to wait for the admin to set up the tasks for the team. In your system, all users should be able to assign tasks to one another by using a personal task management app.
- Task prioritization- The task tracking software should be able to rank tasks in terms of importance. Prioritizing tasks can help with procrastination. There are ample things on the to-do list, so the functionality of task prioritization helps in deciding what tasks are required to be done at the earliest. It allows managers to determine their priorities.
- Centrally-controlled security permission- The administrator can centrally control the security permission with the help of the best task management tool. The company can keep the client information guardedly due to the feature of security permissions. At a team or project level, the administrator can avoid the conflict of interest.
- Track Status – The task tracker feature in the task management software allows you to keep track of the status of each task, which in turn helps in identifying the bottlenecks. There are many tasks on the board, and without the feature of track status, it’s tough to manage all the tasks efficiently.
- Notifications- The task planning software should be able to notify you whenever there is a need for your action. The information can be sent on the mobile app as they are handy, and you can easily access it from any location. In some free task management software, there is the facility of ready-made email templates that notifies for important information.
- Reporting and Analyzing- The team task management application should be able to report about the task progress to avoid deadlines and make the task management more efficient and well –organized. The task management software should be able to analyze the performance of each employee from the gathered data, which ultimately results in recuperating the overall efficiency of the team.
- Integrations- The task management app should be able to work with other integrations so that your organization can be more productive. You cannot make use of task management solutions to its full potential without the support of other services. You can choose the best task management software that fits your team’s needs appropriately.
The other essential features that should be considered in the online task management software are:
- Task editing and updating- Based on the resources, the task can be edited and updated.
- Task tagging - The labels and tags are created for tasks and sub-tasks to organize and categorize. You can add context and can collect assignment-related information.
- Time tracking- Based on the assigned tasks, the task management tool can track collective time spent by all the stakeholders.
- Make sub-tasks- At a micro level, you can split tasks into smaller, actionable sub-tasks to carry out and manage tasks.
- Recurring task management- The businesses can be prevented from rescheduling redundant work by this functionality.
- Task Progress tracking- Throughout the lifecycle, the task progress is tracked. It monitors the key performance indicators.
- Chat Systems- The inbuilt chat systems in the online task management tools allow users to communicate with other members of the team.
- File Management- The files and documents can be managed quickly and assigned to the required tasks with the task management app.
- Calendar- The task tracking software can easily sync your calendar with important dates and deadlines for the project.
- Collaboration – The task planning software should be able to handle team collaboration. It should be able to share the vital document in time and with ease.
Why do businesses need task management solutions?
The task management app provides valuable benefits that help in completing all the phases of your projects. The businesses need task management software due to the following reasons:
- Improves teamwork – The team task management system centralizes activity and information in one place. The team members get encouraged with the input of the colleagues on specific tasks, which in turn helps in increasing productivity. Throughout the team, it allows increasing the level of collaboration as shared ideas can be accessed at any time.
Improve Productivity and increase efficiency – The online task management tools take care of the daily tasks so the team members can get more time to accomplish the other types of crucial business-related work, which helps in improving productivity. Due to productivity improvement, there will be increased efficiency. You can have time to focus on increasing sales or can even attract new clients.
- Centralize Activity- The task tracking software allows the team members to monitor all client activity throughout the team. It eliminates the tedious requirement for multiple passwords and accounts and integrates all events in one place. The task tracker enhances the efficiency of the work, which is carried out daily by removing the risk of information being deleted or lost.
- Track time requirements- The task tracking software records and monitors the time that each employee spends on a task. It checks the efficiency of the team members working in the team and tracks the time-specific tasks that are dealt with in the client’s project. The team is more likely to adopt the built-in time tracking feature as they don’t have to download any other apps. This feature also helps in sharing the workload of the team members.
- Assists remote working – The task planning software allows teams to become more flexible by providing the remote working facility. This application provides indispensable abilities like collaboration, communication, budget tracking, time tracking, delegation, and file sharing to the teams that work remotely.
- Reliable and Secure – The team task management application provides restricted access to the projects. All the information is shared with the authorized person, so this system helps in preventing the crime of data hacking and criminal offense. The businesses can rely on the task management app as all the information on the project is shared with the persons working on it along with the manager.
- Team Collaboration – The online task management software allows multiple users to share everything from updates to timelines and documents while working on the project. The employees need to collaborate on the projects so that tasks get completed on time and without any errors. The task management system brings collaboration among team members.
- Share Calendar and event Scheduling- The best task management software includes the feature of a shared calendar. The team calendar helps the team and its members to schedule meetings and other collective events with their customers and business partners. It enables booking resources along with automated meeting schedules.
- Reporting and real-time outline of the team’s work- The task management tool helps in creating task reports with the help of reporting tools. It helps in collecting the previously inserted work data. You can have an idea about the completed work along with the performance of the team members from these reports. KPI (Key Performance Indicator) dashboard displays the essential metrics and graphs that help in viewing the progress of the teamwork.
Other benefits of task management software:
- Enhances customer satisfaction
- Optimizes decision making
- Facilitates better communication between the team and with the clients
- Document Sharing
- Internal and external communication
- Budget Management
- Collaborate on Projects
- Make task delegation easy
- Distribute Workload
- Notify team members about overdue tasks
- Automate recurring tasks creation
- Provide visible HITs (High Impact Tasks)
- Add subtasks to more significant tasks
- Creates separate workspace for each group
How to organize and prioritize your tasks using task management software?
You can organize and prioritize your task with the help of task management tool in the following ways:
- List the tasks- Create a list of the tasks which you need to perform. You can make a list based on the priorities. Pull together the things which you think should be done in a day, or this week or fortnight.
- Classify the task based on importance and urgency- You can identify the assignment based on significance and need. Scan your list of tasks to know if there are any tasks that require immediate attention. If there is any task that involves urgency, then you have to complete ASAP so that you don’t have to face any severe adverse consequences in the future.
- Meet the criteria of the tasks- You can qualify the tasks which highly depend on your organization. If the task impacts a huge number of people, then it should be taken as a high priority.
- Order tasks by estimated effort- You should evaluate the task based on the duration that it takes to complete. Some tasks require minutes to be completed; others require hours or maybe days. Make sure the tasks that take a longer time to complete should be considered first.
- Cut the unnecessary chore – Whatever task you have prioritized in the list, make sure you complete it, and the remaining job, which is not essential, you can cut it, or you can add it into your task backlog. The crucial tasks are needed to be focused on a priority basis. You can get back to your task backlog as per your convenience.
If you have plenty of tasks list, then you can prioritize the tasks so that you can manage your tasks without any chaos. The two main types of priorities based on which you can prioritize your task are:
- Time-based priorities- This type includes the functions which have to be completed before the set end date. It can fall under the category of the past due date, today, tomorrow, this week, this month, this year or later.
- Urgency-based priorities- This type covers the category of urgent (critical), high, medium (normal), or low. These types of priorities help you in reaching a goal.
How to use online task management software to increase employee productivity?
The task management software can boost employee productivity, which in turn helps in creating a more productive work environment. The ways to increase employee productivity:
- Keep the team answerable and well-versed – The task management solutions assign tasks to individuals and set deadlines. Everyone can make out what exactly to be done and be held responsible for getting it done.
- Delegate work effectively – The task tracking software can effortlessly delegate the work to multiple team members on one project and can even assign different due dates. The team’s performance can be high if its work is well-managed.
- Track growth and avoid obstruction- The task tracker allows you to observe how your team is productive. In one place, you can track the progress of individual team members along with the projects. To have maximum productivity, you can assign tasks by having a good overview of everyone’s workload along with the project timelines with the help of task management software.
- Schedule and assign tasks in the calendar- You can schedule and plan out projects and events along with actionable tasks assigned in the calendar with the help of task management tool. In this way, all the employees know their roles and can see their deadlines in the project.
- Easy employee onboarding- The integration of the task management system into the company’s onboarding allows managers to create or upload training courses and materials at a low cost. These training courses are then distributed to the employees’ smartphones and are used to test for job readiness. The executives that make use of task management applications can set their employees up for success.
- Effortless employee communication – Online task management tools make staff communication smoother, which ultimately improves staff productivity. The managers can easily share the information with the entire team. The staff members can collaborate effectively, which in turn can soar employee productivity.
The best task manager provides useful tools that help the employees gain success through communication, onboarding, feedback, and monitoring.
What are the latest trends in task management software?
The latest trends in task management system are:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation- In task management solutions, there is an impact of AI and automation to perform daily tasks. Simple tasks can be automated and can obtain performance insights.
- Widespread Agile Project management- It increases efficiency, improves marketability, and reduces risks by allowing more flexible and consumer-driven control of projects. You will find that this system is becoming more and more frequently used and integrated into other methodologies.
- Increasing Business Value of “Soft Skills”- Soft skills are essential in a team task management system. The family of social skills includes the traits of emotional intelligence and expertise in coordination, teaching, and negotiating, which are becoming essential in many fields of work.
- Cybersecurity- You can secure your task management methodologies and strategies from an online threat with cybersecurity functionality. The cybersecurity can acquire data by serving as a highly protected firewall.
- IoT (Internet of Things)- From data collection to team collaboration, the IoT bisects with task management strategy. The manual intervention can be reduced with the involvement of IoT in a task management system as all the tasks can be managed automatically.
- Remote teams- The task manager is proceeding ahead with the investment of a remote team system that helps in promoting effective communication over the full range of platforms. If the remote teams are managed effectively with the proper set of management tools, then it turns out to be more productive.
- Data and Analytics- In the nearing future, the task management analytic tools are going to be more of a cloud-based structure. It will help in collecting real-time data and can reflect the results more precisely.
- Project Managers in demand- The task managers are becoming famous due to increasing pressure to innovate, adapt to change, and achieve strategic growth, which in turn helps in driving change, delivering innovation, and implementing strategic initiatives.
The other emerging styles which can be observed in task management system are:
- Open-ended results can deliver better benefits
- Hybrid Approach
- PMO (Project Management Office)
- Kanban Boards
- Lifelong learning
- Targeted Innovation
- Data-driven Presentation
- Enterprise Integration and Coordination
- Risk Analytics
- Enhanced Reporting and Data
- Cross-Company Collaboration
- Flexible Workflows
- More collaborative workspaces
- Advances in Timekeeping and resource management
- Real-Time Data
- Predictions and Simulations
- Upskilling and certification
How to choose the right task management software?
In an organization, every team and project are different, so there are no fix criteria to pick the right task management software for your business. You can follow the below-mentioned following points to make the appropriate decision:
- Ease of use – The simple task management app can be operated efficiently due to its simpler features and interfaces. Task management team can work efficiently with a simple interface that combines with powerful features. The task management tool that can be customized as per the requirements.
- Find out your must-have features – Make sure that your task tracking software has the essential elements of the project management system along with other software integrations. You can survey your team leads to find out which task management system would be valuable to your business needs.
- Available Budget and Cost –Be clear about the requirements along with the available budget, which you can spend in buying a task tracker system. It is crucial to consider the cost of the task management software and think whether you are getting the value for your money.
- Data Security- Prefer the well-developed and highly secure task management system so that you can keep your project works safe from hackers. Make sure that your task management software, along with task data security, is handled with proper care by a vendor.
- Collaboration – The online task management software should be able to provide an environment for the employees where they can collaborate better. With collaboration, teamwork can be encouraged and motivates the team to complete the task timely.
- Cloud-based – The majority of businesses are using a cloud-based task management system so that team members get the central workspace, which can be accessed anytime and anywhere. You can have reliable access and low maintenance technology with a cloud-based system. It is a cost-efficient way that will help you in saving your precious money.
- Integration with other tools- You should evaluate different types of devices that integrate well with your task management system. Decide why, how, what level (tight or loose) of integration you are expecting with your task management tool.
- Dashboards- The clients can remain updated on project status with the help of a team dashboard. The stakeholders and sponsors can have details from the graphs, charts, visual metrics, and key performance indicators (KPI) displayed on the dashboard.
- Scheduling and Planning –. With a list of tasks on a spreadsheet, you can manage small projects. In large projects, you can visualize your timeline and know how the various deadlines and dependencies can impact each other in the project with the help of Gantt chart functionality. It helps you in visualizing the task list and project schedule.
- Check out the software reviews- You can compare the online task management software reviews to know about the best task management software. With the help of reliable reports, you can compare the functionalities of different types of task management tools available in the market. If you are into small business and have low budget cost, then the reviews can help you in finding out the best free task management software for your business.
What is the average cost of task management software?
Two main factors decide the cost of task management software- first is the business size, and the other is the need for its operations. The cost of the task management software for small business is more reasonably priced as the core functionalities that a team would require mostly come in the basic plan of every task management system. On the other hand, large organizations prefer advanced strategies so that they can carry out their task management activities with more powerful features.
The cost of the online task management tools can start as low as $2.99/year (for example nTask) and can reach as high as $995/year approximately (for example JungleBell for SharePoint). If you are associated with small and start-up business, then you can try open-source and free task management software.
Why refer to GoodFirms’ list of top task management software?
GoodFirms carries out scrupulous research based on the latest market trends. This platform is growing steadily in terms of listing a broad range of categories along with the authentic user reviews. Explore GoodFirms’ coverage to have an idea regarding the list of best task management software that serves your small business efficiently.
The list of best task management software will provide you with profound insights of the top-notch task management software available in the market. Before finalizing the best task management software for your business, do have a look at the list of top task management software.