Best Call Center Software
Explore the best Call Center Software to connect with your customers, offer exceptional service, and improve customer experience
The unprecedented forces of disruption in the customer service landscape, stringent regulations in favor of customers, and fast-changing customer preferences have compelled businesses to transform existing customer support processes, operational customer service models, and even the age-old call center solutions. Today's sophisticated call centers deploy robust digital care technologies with AI capabilities to handle the modern discerning callers.
What Software does Call Centers Use?
New-age technologies such as call center software solutions reduce labor costs, optimize service levels, implement lean practices, and decrease process complexity for call centers. Increased adoption of social media channels, live chat, website-based support, and penetration of omnichannel call center technology in core customer support services have powered customers to engage in real-time with businesses using multiple channels.
What is a Call Center Software?
Call Center software is an applications suite that provides call centers with all tools they need to manage, expedite, streamline, and optimize their daily operations. The software provides flawless technical support to deliver an exceptional customer experience. With the capacity to deliver an AI-powered customer experience, most of the call center software is packed with features such as call tracking, IVR, automated call distribution, call barging, call routing, analytics, reporting, predictive dialing, video support, and so on.
How to Select the Best Call Center Software for Your Business?
While technology increases the call center's productivity, keeping expenses under control and balancing performance and costs are essential for long-term sustainability. Sifting through the numerous call center software options to find the best fit for your business can be a daunting task and requires an effective approach to scan solutions. GoodFirms is an expert in software analysis, and its research team is second to none when it comes to evaluating software applications. GoodFirms has listed the top call center software solutions that you can partner with for providing robust call center support to your customers.
List of Call Center Software | Best Call Center System
List of Call Center Software | Best Call Center SystemFilter
- 1Single Platform to Communicate and Track Customers Throughout their Lifecycle.
OXON is a cloud-based contact center suite suitable for businesses of all sizes. It allows users to manage inbound customer service and customer support calls, outbound sales calls, email, chat and business management functions with a single platform. Agents can interact with clients via phone, email, chat, social media and text messages through the built-in ticketing system. OXON provides mana... read more about OXONIntelligent solution- igor szaboVisit website14 Days$45/Month
- 2Our cloud-based communication solutions cover your business needs to deliver results at ONCE
Enriched with advanced features, cloud-based solutions from CallCenterHosting bring you business success. Give your call center the power of cloud intelligence with the right set of dialer and affordable business number.... read more about CallCenterHostingThey supported me everything before they made sales- Kalpesh ThakrarVisit website10 Days$7.49/Month
- 3Click, Connect, Communicate
Enrich with advanced features, Toll Free Number from The Real PBX simplifies the way you manage and prioritize your business calls. Give your business the power of cloud intelligence with the right and affordable business numbers.... read more about The Real PBXVisit website10 Days$20/Month
- 4In-App Communications
At Patch is an In-App Communications platform, our SDK’s embed into any app with just 3 function calls, enables actionable notifications, chat and calls via IP or PSTN. It’s simple, if a user has businesses app installed then entire communication should happen there itself, within the app, seamlessly, with CONTEXT, securely and at a fraction of the cost. ... read more about Patch
- 5Your company. United. Free. Unlimited. Online.
Bitrix24 is the leading free online CRM software used by over 8 million companies worldwide. It is available in cloud or on-premise with open source code access. Unlimited leads, deals, contacts, companies, quotes, invoices and appointment scheduling. The free plan also comes with email marketing and telephony. Advanced versions have sales and marketing automation, bulk SMS, campaign management an... read more about Bitrix24
- 6Inbound and outbound call center solutions
Our cloud-based contact center solution helps companies reach millions of customers via interactive text and voice. Our highly customizable solution boasts an intuitive and user-friendly interface that allows our clients to design and deploy sophisticated communication strategies quickly and with relative ease. We help our clients boost productivity, enhance efficiency, and increase profitabil... read more about DCDialOne Of The Bestest Calling Solution- Malik Zeshan Ashraf
- 7Customer Service Software & Remote Support Software
- 8Handle phone conversations in a modern way.
CloudTalk is a smart user-centred phone system offering more than 50 advanced calling features. Software is mostly used by customer support and sales teams working in startups, SMEs or e-commerce. Start with a 14-Day trial for FREE. Accessible over browser and desktop apps, CloudTalk enables sales and call centre teams to make and receive calls anywhere, on any device, with international number... read more about CloudTalkEasy to use, Seamlesss to integrate- Anthony LeeVisit website14 Days$10/Year
- 9All-in-One CRM Software, Sales Enablement + Marketing Automation + Customer Service.
Agile CRM is a robust cloud-based customer relationship management software that integrates core functionalities of sales, marketing, service, and web engagement platforms into a single unified solution. Trusted by thousands of small to medium businesses across multiple industries, Agile CRM offers a massive set of features including project management, contact management, scheduling, sales and ma... read more about Agile CRMVisit websiteN/A$8.99/Month
- 10Simplify your customer support and help desk
Whether you’re a global enterprise or a small business, get one platform to meet the needs of your entire team. Promote your products and services, increase productivity, streamline processes, and arm your team with tools and training. Genesys is a cloud-based help desk that allows agents to handle inbound service requests. ... read more about GenesysGenesys Cloud - all the technology and know-how under one roof!- Robert Wakefield-Carl
- 11Improve Call Quantity and Quality
Talkdesk is an enterprise cloud contact center that helps IBM, Trivago and 1,800+ other enterprises improve customer satisfaction and agent productivity. Talkdesk empowers companies to continuously improve customer experience. It is easy to set up, use and adapt. A “visionary” in Gartner’s Contact Center as a Service Magic Quadrant.... read more about Talkdesk
- 12Call Center Software
TelebuHub is an automated call center software that offers affordable inbound, outbound or blended call center services on the cloud and onsite. Business calling made easy!... read more about TelebuHub
- 13Keep Your Enterprise Connected
Businesses are built on the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are built by Avaya. For over one hundred years, we’ve enabled organizations around the globe to win – by creating intelligent communications experiences for customers and employees. Avaya builds open, converged and innovative solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration – i... read more about Avaya Spaces
- 14More power to the contact center
LiveVox is a leading provider of enterprise cloud contact center solutions, managing more than 12 billion interactions a year across a multichannel environment. With over 15 years of pure cloud expertise, we empower contact center leaders to drive effective engagement strategies on the consumer’s channel of choice. Our leading-edge risk mitigation and security capabilities help clients quickly a... read more about LiveVox
- 15The Omnichannel Contact Center Software
XCALLY is an innovative OmniChannel solution based on Asterisk™ used in over 60 countries. Here the main powerful XCALLY features: - Omnichannel modules - IVR drag & drop designer - Lite CRM - Predictive dialer - Scripting tool - Realtime monitoring - Analytics and reporting - Internal messenger - 3rd-party apps integrations.... read more about XCALLY
- 16Safety first with Alotech Cloud
For companies running a call center operation that are frustrated with the high cost, complexity and difficulty of the conventional systems, AloTech is the web based, pay-as-you-go solution running on Google, which is low cost, fast, easy, scalable and with complete enterprise functionality able to be setup anywhere in the world in 10 minutes. ... read more about AloTechVisit websiteN/A$69.00/Month
- 17Make every conversation count.
Setting up a contact center for your support and sales team should be simple. Invite your agents, organize your workflows and keep your clients happy. No need to hire special technicians or purchase fancy equipment. All you need is an internet connection, a computer, and a headset.... read more about AircallVisit websiteN/A$30/Month
- 18Texting and Calling Solutions that Help You Reach More Customers
CallFire is frequently recognized as a leader in its field. We are both proud of and humbled by the many accolades we’ve received as we strive for continued excellence.Texting and Calling Solutions that Help You reach more customers. ... read more about CallFireVisit websiteN/A$99.00/Month
- 19Call Center Software.
- 20Your virtual phone system connected to everything
Toky can be integrated with your CRM, Zapier, Slack and other business tools, to increase productivity in your sales and customer service team.Make informed decisions based on real time data and analytics taken directly from inbound and outbound calls, text messages (SMS) and the way you and your customers interact with each other ... read more about TokyVisit websiteN/A$12.00/Month
- 22Voice and SMS Service to connect with your supporters
CallHub offers different modes of dialing. Depending on your campaign needs, cost of talking to a contact, and time availability, you can pick a dialer suitable for you. CallHub provides an affordable, scalable, and data-centric platform for campaigns to engage with voters. Our Phone Banking, Voice Broadcasting, and SMS services are helping with voter outreach, assessing voter sentiment, supporter... read more about CallHub
- 23An open source VoIP SIP softphone.
Linphone is a free voice over IP softphone, SIP client and service. It may be used for audio and video direct calls and calls through any VoIP softswitch or IP-PBX. Also, Linphone provides the possibility to exchange instant messages.... read more about Linphone
- 24Asterisk is a free and open source framework for building communications applications
Digium®, Inc. provides Asterisk® software, telephony hardware, and Switchvox business phone systems that deliver enterprise-class Unified Communications (UC) at an affordable price.Asterisk is a communications engine that transforms commodity computers into powerful communications servers. ... read more about Asterisk
- 25Ekiga 5.0 - The Next Big Thing
Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting) is an open source SoftPhone, Video Conferencing and Instant Messenger application over the Internet.It supports HD sound quality and video up to DVD size and quality.It is interoperable with many other standard compliant softwares, hardwares and service providers as it uses both the major telephony standards (SIP and H.323). ... read more about Ekiga
- 26MicroSIP - open source portable SIP softphone based on PJSIP stack for Windows OS.
It allowing to do high quality VoIP calls (person-to-person or on regular telephones) via open SIP protocol. From cloud of SIP providers you can choose best for you, register account and use it with MicroSIP. You'll get free person-to-person calls and cheap international calls. ... read more about Microsip
- 27Complete Telecom Solutions
Dialer360 is pioneer in providing Cloud call center software solution. With this technology you can get Predictive dialer with Built in Avatar, CRM and Web Phone, Voice and Sms broadcasting, Hosted Phone system, Voip. it's cost effective, easy to use , less time to understand and perfect solution for Inbound, Outbound and Blended call centers. You can integrate with third party software like Sales... read more about Dialer360Visit website3 DaysContact Vendor
- 28Revolutionise Your Business Communication and Deliver an Effortless Customer Service with Servetel.Visit website15 DaysContact Vendor
- 29Call Center Software
HoduCC - Call Center Software that is comprehensive and consolidated at the same time. It guarantees to provide the best Call Center Software that suits best for all types of call centers. Being one of the top VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) solutions providers across the globe, HoduSoft ensures that this Call Center System offers intelligence, security, and advanced features. Highlights: ... read more about HoduCC
- 30THE MOST POPULAR OPEN-SOURCE CONTACT CENTER SOLUTION IN THE WORLD
VICIdial is an enterprise-class, open-source, contact center suite in use by many large call centers around the world. VICIdial has a full-featured predictive dialer. It can also function as an ACD for inbound calls, or closer calls coming from VICIdial outbound fronter agents as well as emails and website chat messages coming in from customers. ... read more about VICIdial
- 31Open Source Audio Recorder
OrecX Basic GPL free voice recorder is VoIP ready and can capture and retrieve calls via a browser-based interface. Downloaded for free, the Oreka GPL basic solution is the only free voice recording software on the planet that can be downloaded in just 30 minutes and requires no maintenance. Oreka is a modular and cross-platform system for recording and retrieval of audio streams. The project cur... read more about Oreka GPL
- 32VMukti 1.1 Open Source Call Center Software
VMukti 1.1 a complete call center solution which supports both Inbound and Outbound Call Centers. Built with an open architecture and supporting common standards (ITU, IETF standards) it eliminates the need for proprietary hardware and software.VMukti 1.1 has all the necessary features to go beyond providing value to customers with its robust and demand-driven features. ... read more about Vmukti1.1
- 33Empowering the next generation contact centers
GOautodial is a complete, enterprise-grade contact center system for small and medium-sized businesses. Featuring a user-friendly and intuitive web interface with a real-time dashboard (to quickly track your agent's activities), reports, analytics, and a lot more. Best of all, it’s developed using proven open-source technologies.... read more about GOautodialVisit website30 Days$19.00/Month
- 34Automate ActiveDEMAND marketing!
Beyond Providing a Dynamically Comprehensive Marketing Automation Tool.One of the primary challenges facing modern-day businesses is determining exactly what marketing efforts are working for them. “Marketing” needs to translate into tangible results sales teams, managers and others can see and measure. And that’s precisely where we come in. ... read more about ActiveDEMAND
CrazyCall is a cloud-based app that helps contact centers and sales teams boost performance of their outbound and inbound projects.Easy to install, CrazyCall requires no download or technical skills. Start making and receiving calls directly in your browser within minutes of creating your account. With our automatic dialer you no longer need to dial numbers manually. ... read more about CrazyCallVisit website14 Days$11.00/Month
- 36We know that call center workforce management software must be both effective and affordable.
Call center workforce management software products from Portage Communications are the world-wide leaders in affordable and flexible call center software tools for small call center scheduling. Design and maintain your call center optimization for agent productivity and ideal customer service levels with our easy-to-use call center workforce management software. ... read more about AgentTime
- 37Award Winning Auto Dialer Solution
Voicent is dedicated to developing affordable, easy-to-use communication software that helps people, businesses and communities share information, exchange ideas and build strong relationships.Voicent's innovation always aims to simplify the complex --to make technology simply work wonders.Voicent began with the idea that personal computers and the Internet could be used to radically reduce our de... read more about VoicentVisit website30 Days$19/Month
- 383CLogic's Auto Dialing Software
3CLogic is a leading cloud contact center platform modernizing enterprise communications with their employees and customers. Built on Amazon Web Services (AWS), the pure or hybrid cloud solution provides advanced and scalable speech-enabled offerings for leading CRMs, including ServiceNow, Salesforce, and SugarCRM.... read more about 3C Logic
- 39DialerAI is a multi-tenant Auto dialer software
DialerAI is a multi-tenant Auto dialer software used for auto-dialling your contacts then playing pre-recorded or text to speech messages, then capturing responses with DTMF touch tones and transferring contacts to a live agent in your call center.DialerAI auto-dialer software has a number of features to enhance the efficiency of auto-dialing including answering machine detection (AMD) and the abi... read more about dialerAIVisit websiteN/A$199.00/Month
- 40Simple, Affordable Broadcast Messaging
One Call Now's message notification service delivers automated phone calls, SMS text messages and emails—within moments—to any group, large or small. Tens of thousands of schools, congregations, sports teams, businesses and municipalities throughout the country rely on us for routine reminders and emergency notifications.In fact, 1 in 5 Americans depends on us each and every day to protect, in... read more about One Call Now
- 41Best Autodialer Software | telemarketing software for small business
ICTBroadcast is multi tenant, unified communications based auto dialer, predictive dialer and power dialer software solution features inbound IVR, IVR Studio, press 1 campaign, complete call center, AMD, HLR, DNC, survey, appointment and webrtc also supporting Voice, SMS, Email and Fax broadcasting. Suitable for small business owners, entrepreneurs and Service Providers. It enables service provide... read more about ICTBroadcastVisit websiteAvailable$199.00/One-time
- 42Reliable Cloud Based Contact Software built for Call Centers
When two collection agency owners became frustrated over phone dialers and automated calling systems that didn’t grow their business—they built their own. The result was Arbeit Software, a platform dedicated to helping agents call with confidence.Today, Arbeit is growing fast and finding new ways to support a healthy, compliant, and productive collections industry including TCPA-compliance sol... read more about Arbeit Dialer
- 43Get visibility into your calls, conversions, and conversations
CallRail is the leading provider of marketing software to businesses who want a single attribution platform to capture the journey from visitors to leads to customers. More than 100,000 companies and agencies use CallRail’s easy-to-use marketing attribution and conversation intelligence software to optimize lead generation and improve sales. From tracking calls to website form submissions, its a... read more about CallRailVisit website14 Days$45.00/Month
- 44Multi-channel customer service. Built-in virtual exchange. Built-in CRM.Visit website15 DaysContact Vendor
- 45Cloud call center software optimized for reliability and a personalized customer experience
My Call Cloud provides robust, stable, and user-friendly hosted cloud Contact Center Solutions. My Call Cloud assists clients to effectively manage Inbound, Outbound and Blended calling with agents in-house or, remote. Cutting-edge contact center solutions such as SMS, IVR message blasting (with Text-to-Speech), FB messaging, and other services such as No-Dial (voicemail delivery to cell phones ... read more about My Call CloudVisit websiteN/A$69.00/Month
- 46Advanced Solutions for Contact Centers
Noble Systems Corporation is a global leader in the customer communications industry, providing innovative solutions for Contact Centre, Workforce Management, and Analytics technologies. Tens of thousands of agents at client installations worldwide use Noble platforms to manage millions of customer contacts each day. Noble offers a unified suite of inbound, outbound and blended omnichannel communi... read more about Noble Solution Suite
- 47call center software
Welcome to iHelpBD. iHelpBD is a software call center company that started its journey in 2013. Most of our clients are based in differents parts in the world. We have clients in different sectors of Bangladesh. Such as: Ride sharing (shohoz ,obhai), Hospital (apollo, asgar ali, ibn sina, labaid) and Bank & financer (fiic bank, NRB Global bank, metlife ) etc. TPIN and GREENPIN has arrived! We be... read more about iHelpBD
- 48Digital-first omnichannel agent desktop
Digital-first agent desktop that combines rich, digital engagement capabilities with enhanced call handling, embedded knowledge and Artificial Intelligence (AI), operational analytics, and journey analytics for customers and agents Digital-first, omnichannel workspace that morphs to the context and task at hand, showing only hyper-relevant information needed to handle it rather than cluttering it... read more about eGain Agent Desktop
- 49Meetings Made Easy
Easymeeting delivers video conferencing that was made for humans, by humans. Imagine you could meet with a customer across town, a coworker across the state, and a partner across the country all in one day and still be home for dinner. At Easymeeting, this is what we strive for, providing you with an easy to use tool so you can work more efficiently and focus on the things that inspire you.... read more about Easymeeting
- 50Start with a Business Phone Line
The effective, affordable, and easy-to-use cloud-based call center software, AVOXI Genius. Easily manage your business communications from an intuitive, web-based contact center. AVOXI Genius is the first platform to integrate your contact center solution with your voice service, with virtual phone numbers available for instant activation in 160+ countries.... read more about AVOXI GeniusVisit websiteN/A$7.99/Month
- Introduction to the Buyer’s Guide for Call Center Software
- What Are the Major Challenges Faced by Call Centers?
- How Can Call Centers Address the Key Industry Challenges With the Help of the Call Center System?
- What is a Call Center System?
- What Are the Different Types of Call Center Software?
- What Are the Top Essential Features to Look for in a Call Center Software?
- What Are the Benefits of Call Center Software?
- Can a Robust Call Center Software Contribute to a Better Customer Experience?
- Growth of Cross-Channel Communication and the Role of Call Center Software:
- How Does the Call Center System Meet the Growing Demand for Automation in the Customer Service Industry?
- How is AI Improving the Call Center Processes?
- What are the Factors to Consider Before Investing in a Call Center Software Solution?
- What Are the Major Trends That Will Affect the Call Center Industry in the Future?
- What is the Average Cost of Buying a Call Center Software?
- Why Refer to GoodFirms’ List of Call Center Software?
Introduction to the Buyer’s Guide for Call Center Software
From handling standalone operations to managing 360-degree CRM functions, call center technology has evolved drastically over the past few years. For unleashing multichannel support, today's call centers have to attend to web inquiries, inbound and outbound calls, email inquiries, and live chat. Call center software provides organizations with tools for handling omni-channel queries, including social media and web inquiries, analytics, and mobile-based customer support.
Call centers have integrated and adopted recent technology to service customers and stay competitive. However, the technological curve demands call center businesses to constantly upgrade their existing systems and find the best solutions for their specific needs.
With several solutions luring the buyers with promising functionalities, features, and tasks, making a purchasing decision for the most suitable and cost-efficient tool is a herculean task. This buyer’s guide is written with the purpose to guide the buyers in making a calculated decision before initiating an actual purchase. We have discussed in detail all elements and aspects of the top call center software solutions that are of paramount importance.
What Are the Major Challenges Faced by Call Centers?
First Call Resolution: Identifying the root cause of the 'call' is necessary for first call resolution. As the situation escalates, it becomes more complex to resolve issues. In many cases, customers appreciate if they get solutions without even engaging with the agent (through the knowledge base or IVR). FCR is a challenging task for call center agents.
Workload and Stressful Environment: Call Centers need to fend off demands from multiple quarters such as customers, employees, technology, and administration. In a highly monotonous work environment, retaining employees’ enthusiasm is challenging. Over-burdened employees cannot help customers effectively. Incentivizing performance is not always the solution. Technology is essential for reducing the workload of call agents.
Handling High Call Volume: Call volume at call centers is never consistent and spikes anytime. Seasonality based work pressure is a common issue with call centers. Contact centers face intense spikes of up to 10 times normal call volumes during events such as holidays, promotional campaigns, and vacation seasons.
Integrations: Successful integration with CRM, Chatbots, GSuite, Predictive Dialers, etc., is an added benefit. Finding call center solutions that can integrate with existing technology and applications is challenging.
Analyzing Data Accurately: Call center managers have to evaluate key metrics to make data-driven decisions and increase the efficiency of their call center further. However, analyzing the historical and real-time data accurately for valuable insights is not easy when you generate massive data per second at your call center.
Collaboration: Call center agents may have to collaborate with multiple departments for final resolutions. Coordinating with multiple departments for fetching data and problem solving is a challenging task.
Mismatched Agent: Agents that don’t relate with the customer issues and are incompetent to handle the issue due to mismatched skills is a major issue that irks the customers.
Inefficient Workflows: Inefficient processes cause many call centers to work in silos. Lack of systematic and strategic approach diminishes the quality of contact centers. Finding and implementing lean processes at call centers is a daunting task.
How Can Call Centers Address the Key Industry Challenges With the Help of the Call Center System?
Structures the Process: Call center software helps in building a coherent enterprise-wide analytics structure that provides a clear vision for the future with automated call-routing, the agents can handle inquiries and minimize wait time for the callers.
Enhances customer service competencies: Call centers can expedite professional assistance for instant redressals using call center tools such as IVR, call routing, and other AI-enabled customer service tools.
Handling Call Spikes: With the assistance of call center software, managers can deploy remote agents, create event-specific hotlines, use IVR for delivering information related to the event, and can send text messages to inform the callers before they try to reach the call center support desk.
Train Employees for Faster Workflows: Tools for call barging enables newly recruited employees to listen to the seasoned agents without interruption or callers getting to know it. This helps new agents to learn to solve issues quickly.
Smooth Call Transition: With the call center system, agents can transfer calls to an accurate department without any hassle and by virtue of agent attributes.
The growing demand for self-service options: The goal of customer care should be that customers should not require one in the first place. There is a huge demand for systems that mitigate the requirement for a call center approach and the need for getting the agent on call.
Provide Personalized care: Call center systems equip human agents to deliver personalization focused on the individual customer profile.
Gain Performance Insights: Tracking performance metrics for call center agents is essential to gain valuable insights for further development and improvement of customer service. Call center applications provide accurate KPIs to unearth hidden areas for growth.
What is a Call Center System?
Call Center System is a complete software solution for call center workflow management.
It has tools such as:
- Customer Enquiry tools: Phone Support, Email Support, Web Chat, Messaging, Social Media
- Back Office Tools: Recording customer data, keeping interaction records, integrations with other tools.
- IVR Tools: Automatic determination of the issue and Transferring calls to agents, channel routing
- Inbound and Outbound tools: Tools for managing inbound calls and outbound calls.
- Agent Training Tools: Call Barging, Call recording tools
What Are the Different Types of Call Center Software?
Based on Deployment
- Cloud-based Call Center Software: Cloud solutions for call centers provide a great deal of scalability, flexibility, convenience, support, and agility to organizations. Cloud solutions allow call centers to move from one-time high-cost capital expenditure to affordable operational expenses. These types of call center systems are hosted through third-party cloud solution providers. The cloud-based call center solution is a SaaS (Software as a Service) based product that allows call center managers and agents to access the services using internet-enabled devices.
- Premise-based call center solutions: Premise based call center solutions are bought for an upfront license fee. It is a capital expenditure and requires a one-time large investment. Once purchased, there are only expenses related to updates. These types of call center systems can be installed within their IT infrastructure. On-Premise systems are highly customizable in nature. Businesses seeking software solutions for keeping their call center data on their own servers can opt for on-premise systems.
- Web-based: These types of online call center software platforms are hosted, and third-party digital call center management solution providers offer these tools. Web-based online call center platforms are very popular and can be accessed from anywhere with an agent login ID and a secure password.
- Open Source: These types of call center management software allow users to customize settings, features, and capacities by modifying source code to suit internal needs and add extra plugins to enhance the usability of the software. When companies need to accommodate specific features in their call center solutions that are unavailable with any vendor, then open source call center software can be deployed.
Based on the Functions
- Customer Care Focused: Customer care services focused software helps agents in handling queries regarding services or products of the companies and offer support in case the customers are not able to utilize the services properly.
- Customer Acquisition Focused: Customer acquisition focused software assist agents in acquiring new customers and persuading them to make a new purchase. The application helps agents in promotional activities, upselling and cross-selling.
- Business-to-Business Focused: These types of call center applications assist B2B businesses in imparting extensive customer support to their clients.
- Technical Support Focused: Providing technical support to customers is highly vital for businesses that sell software-based products, appliances, or equipment.
What Are the Top Essential Features to Look for in a Call Center Software?
Call Tracking: The call center software tracks the location of the call and provides analytics that supports your online and offline marketing efforts. It tracks call volumes, repeat callers, time of day, duration, etc.
Global call routing: With multinational organizations that operate in multiple countries, the call center software (cloud-based) optimally routes calls to the nearest call center to reduce latency. Even in doing so, the software doesn't forego attribute-based routing and, based on the caller's needs, routes to the best-qualified agent.
Automated Customer Surveys: Schedule customer surveys, polls, marketing research surveys, etc., and track responses with powerful analytics
IVR: Interactive voice response mechanism creates an automated outreach system that connects callers to the right agents. It eases the caller’s journey by smart call routing and an automated yet personalized approach.
ACD: Automatic Call Distribution is a feature that categorizes the caller's needs and routes the call to the most appropriate agent for faster resolution. It allows the user to see the distribution of calls per agent in real-time and manage the call flow effectively.
Predictive Dialer: Predictive dialing feature increases the call center's productivity by eliminating the wait time between calls. How does this algorithm work? Suppose an agent takes on average 60 seconds to resolve a call, and on average, people pick a call in 8 secs, then the predictive dialer will automatically make calls after 60 secs. This eliminates the manual dialing time.
Call Barging: Call Barging is a feature wherein call center managers can listen to calls between agents and callers without any of them knowing it. This feature is used for quality control, agent training, and increasing customer satisfaction rate.
Voice Broadcasting: Promotional messages, payment alerts, last day alerts, reminder calls, and offer calls don’t require a human agent. The voice broadcasting feature enables call centers to make thousands of calls simultaneously to customers with the pre-recorded voice template.
Text Messaging: Send bulk messages, promotion codes, discount offer links, birthday wishes, survey links, etc., with the text messaging feature of call center software.
Speech Analytics: Tools that conduct neuro-linguistic analysis, sentiment analytics, content analysis, and customer engagement analytics, and data mining for understanding customer’s overall emotions towards the service.
Queue Call Back: This feature allows the customer to leave their number and receive an automated callback. It saves the customer from the hassle of long wait time and also provides call centers to manage lengthy call queues efficiently.
Warm Transfers: A feature where one agent can inform another one about the current caller’s issue and aid him/her with additional background information before transferring the call. It keeps both agents on the same page and brings consistency in the resolution.
Video Support: Video support allows face-to-face conversation with an agent. In technological support such as troubleshooting, product demo, etc. and it is one of the most effective methods of customer service.
Call Recording: This feature helps in improving services by analyzing conversations for training purposes.
What Are the Benefits of Call Center Software?
- Lower Operating Costs: With the increased efficiency of call agents, decreased call escalation rate, and automation-led faster execution, call centers can lower operating costs involved in running call centers.
- Product Upselling: Based on the recent interaction with the customer, the software can provide upsell recommendations.
- Geolocation-based Support: Call center software unleashes advanced analytics to improve decision making and offer location-based recommendations.
- Omnichannel Support: Quick and purposeful engagement on multiple channels.
- Monitor Agent Performance: Call Center applications have cognitive technology that provides real-time coaching to call center agents, monitor their performance, and help them achieve personalized targets. AI and NLP integrations continuously monitor agent performance to identify improvement zones.
- Easy Back-end Operations: Process mining capabilities can reduce the burden on agents by eliminating redundant processes through automation and implementing intuitive processes for better performance in the back-end. Robotics process automation can handle low-value back end operations.
- Measuring KPIs: Call center software helps companies measure essential key performance indicators such as:
- Average Call volume,
- Call resolution time
- Average call time
- First call resolution percentage
- Escalation rate
- Callers in the queue
- Waiting time in the queue
- Average abandonment rate
- Calling trends such as peak times, days
Can a Robust Call Center Software Contribute to a Better Customer Experience?
Informed and consistent customer service is essential for a better customer experience. Companies have realized that customer interactions and the outcome is a key factor that shapes customer impression for the company.
Call center software has the power to unleash personalized experience to callers. The software helps to identify customer pain points, attributes, past interactions, previous behaviors, payment information, and based on the data analytics, preemptively solves customer issues, predict opportunities to delight customers, and determine the preferred time to reach customers.
Call center software can provide real-time analytics helping the agents to create a distinctive experience for their customers while providing purchase assistance, updates, deliveries, etc. A dynamic call center tool collates, records, and presents customer interaction data from multiple channels on a single dashboard. This allows the agents to instantly determine the action by visualizing the customer journey in a single frame.
The digitally-enabled in-moment tools in customer care software shorten the service process and provide a hyper-personalized experience to the customers that are key for building long-term relationships. With tools that customize the caller experience and provide visibility into the end-to-end customer journey, companies can create a better user experience for callers.
Growth of Cross-Channel Communication and the Role of Call Center Software:
Multichannel contact center software helps in customer experience management by providing several communication channels that operate as standalone functions yet synchronized for data flow. Allowing customers to connect with you across all channels amps up your customer support. Analysis of cross-channel interactions prevents customer churn and improves retention. Call center software provides analytics and customer interaction data with real-time time insights.
The software can also analyze search query terms and language used across all channels to make automated conversation easier and accurate. The application also unifies customer interaction by incorporating centralized reporting of all customer interactions across various channels. Callers can also switch channels as per their convenience and agent recommendation. For example, an inquiry that started on email can be switched to WhatsApp Support if it is more convenient for the caller.
Deploying exact channel for issues:
Earlier customers who switched from voice platforms to internet-based platforms had to share information again. Today's platforms are truly omnichannel and integrate in a manner that shares information automatically across channels. If your customer is unable to find a function to use on the app that your company has developed, there should be an option to contact the agent from within the app. However, when you want to conduct identity verification, you can use voice or video channels. If you want to share data, live chat options can be used with document sharing functionality.
How Does the Call Center System Meet the Growing Demand for Automation in the Customer Service Industry?
Omnichannel journeys can not only reduce operating costs but also increase customer satisfaction. While most of the simple queries are solved by self-service tools and automated processes, complex issues are addressed by agents with the assistance of call center technology. For example, automated tools can decide that for any glitch in service for high-value customers, a mere apology from the agent won't suffice. It recommends the agent to send a relevant gift card, offer, or discount card after anticipating the customer's needs.
Automation can help call centers in:
- Preventing issues before they occur by constantly tracking services, quick updates, upgrades, etc. (For example, call centers notifying customers regarding service downtime due to a scheduled update so that customers can plan accordingly)
- Identifying potential issues and calling the customers proactively before they raise issues (Prior alerts about dues, last dates, so that the customer account doesn’t get suspended)
- Building rigorous analytical capabilities: Call centers can establish the reason for the call and enable a transparent resolution with the help of high-end analytics capabilities. (For example, call center software can identify similar nature of calls and automate the response).
How is AI Improving the Call Center Processes?
Artificial intelligence has kindled a revolution in the call center world by increasing the agent’s efficiency and reducing workload. AI-led conversational analytics, predictive analytics, intelligent recommendations, and application assimilation has enabled call centers to enhance the customer experience as never before. AI predominately helps in increasing data security, maintaining compliance, and generating reliant analytics that optimizes the call center’s workflow with lean process inculcation. AI, machine learning, and NLP can combine together to conduct sentiment analysis by determining the cadence of the language.
Customer Assistance: AI-powered conversation agents can initiate conversations, solve basic queries, and provide apt recommendations for customer issues.
AI-based Call Routing: AI features skill-based call routing to pair the customer with the relevant agent after the initial interaction. This increases the rate of faster resolution and saves customers from unnecessary call deviations.
What are the Factors to Consider Before Investing in a Call Center Software Solution?
The choice of call center solution impacts customer satisfaction, and therefore extensive parameters have to be analyzed before investing.
- Speed: A perfect call center solution will enhance the overall speed of processes involved in serving customers. There should be a significant difference in the time taken to attend customer calls before and after the implementation of the call center software.
- Ease to Implement: If you are looking to replace the existing systems with the new Call center software, then you should look for solutions that unleash a smooth transition from existing systems to new ones.
- User-Friendly: It should not be complicated to train your call center agents to understand all functions of the tool. Either there should be an extensive training program, or the software should be super intuitive to use. In a nutshell, your team must not struggle to use the software and must be able to reach effective usage goals.
- Omnichannel Support: The software should be able to deliver services on all channels and customer interaction points such as customer care call support, social media, live chat, email, and website.
- Uptime Guarantee: Customer care is all about providing quick support, fast resolutions, and real-time redressals. Software with technical glitches, downtime, and slow processes can damage your business. Go through the historical uptime records and select the vendor that has robust platform stability.
- Agility and scalability: Call centers may have seasonal trends and unexpected call traffic on certain days. In case of a critical event with your business, call centers may have to respond to unusually high queries on certain days. The call center solution should be competent to provide support extensions in such times.
- Reporting and Analytics: One should look for call center solutions that provide valuable insights, key metrics analysis, and customized reports for increasing operational efficiency and finding further growth opportunities.
- Data Security: Any outage in terms of customer data can be disastrous for your business. In this context, reputed vendors who can protect your data without fail should be your preferred choice.
What Are the Major Trends That Will Affect the Call Center Industry in the Future?
Omnichannel mix: The propensity to use multiple channels to reach companies is increasing. However, businesses are identifying the right channel that customers will use to reach them for providing prioritized services. For example, a customer-facing internet outage is likely to reach the telecom company on the phone; however, for just knowing the remaining data usage, customers will use the app provided by the telecom service provider. The success of call center services depends on identifying and prioritizing the channels that customers are going to use to reach them.
Automation: Intelligent or thoughtful automation coupled with AI, Big data, and machine learning is on the rise. Automated interactions with the help of the chatbots, automated forecasting and insights for data, automated workflows and processes, automated solutions for customer queries, automated guidance for agents, automated sales suggestions for upselling and cross-selling, and automated staff scheduling with powerful algorithms and sophisticated tools are the future of call centers.
AI-led Agent Training and Orientation: The software applications have enabled agents to interact on all channels. Call center future beholds expansion of more channels to meet customer needs. However, the basic requirements of each channel are way different from each other. All platforms have different speed patterns, frequency, privacy rules, and more. Call center agents must be well-trained to handle queries and respond on a multichannel platform.
Pricing Trends: There is an increased demand for low-cost web-based online call center solutions and customized packages built according to business size and requirements. However, affordable cloud solutions will be the most preferred investment when it comes to call center technology.
What is the Average Cost of Buying a Call Center Software?
The cost of call center software depends on multiple parameters such as features, functions performed, number of agents it supports, customer calls it can handle, type of deployment, degree of user-friendliness, and more. In most cases, the average cost of call center software solutions for a full-featured software tool is around $20 per month. Other costs also include installation charges, migration, training, and updates.
Cloudtalk comes for $20 per user per month for the starter plan, whereas its expert plan will cost you $40 per user per month. Zendesk support offers various plans starting at $5 per agent per month. The basic essential plan of Aircall will cost $30 per user per month, and its professional plan comes for $50 per user per month.
You can choose from free and open source call center software solutions such as Bitrix24, VICIdial, EKIGA, and more. If you need free call center software, then go for Asterisk or Microsip. Apart from the package costs, you should also inquire about hidden costs such as installation charges, agent training costs, upgrade costs, maintenance costs, etc.
Why Refer to GoodFirms’ List of Call Center Software?
GoodFirms assist businesses in finding, categorizing, evaluating, and selecting the best call center solutions for their inbound and outbound call centers. Leveraging the expertise of trustworthy software research teams such as GoodFirms, you can ensure that your decision is not left on chance and is guided by prudence and detailed analysis. Even companies that provide outsourcing solutions for live chat, email support, social media contact center, and cloud-based call center services can go through the authentic list of call center software solutions compiled by GoodFirms to make their call centers agile and technically efficient.